[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big bad boo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: av-517355.jpg (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
av-517355.jpg
41KB, 400x400px
Undead BBEG usually are Liches, Vampires, Mummies or other similar beings.
But how would you make a ghost BBEG?
>>
>bbeg

Am I cute, ugh-u?
>>
>>53718040
>Can only be hurt by someone holding a possession of his in life (or they increase damage if you don't want railroad quite so hard)
>Party has to go on quests to find an object for each DPS
>Perfect opportunities to weave in backstory for BBEG
>>
>>53718040
Well probably the easiest way is to make the ghost a powerful person from long ago who's so vengeful he came back from the dead to fuck shit up or come back to the world of the living. Though you could also flip that they're so greedy they want to take the world for themselves since now they're more or less immortal.
>>
Have it possess different tough guys that they'll have to fight every encounter before they can find a way to permanently put it to rest.
>>
File: Lanterns.jpg (72KB, 900x581px) Image search: [Google]
Lanterns.jpg
72KB, 900x581px
>>53718051
I hate you and love you at the same time.

>>53718040
Did once. Pretty much he played everyone around him, promising whatever they wanted the most, giving them visions of what he told them were things to be and pretty much managed to start a small cult of incredibly influential individuals who didn't know he was a ghost worshiping him.

All that because he was doomed to walk the earth as long as the progeny of the man who killed him walked the earth. Problem was that about 400 years had passed and the guy really got around and his followers were butchering entire families and anyone that got in the way.

Fun campaign. I think I'll re-run it with another group.
>>
>>53718040
>BBEG

Ugh.
>>
File: B6RjiDMCUAEaHUf.jpg (89KB, 600x751px) Image search: [Google]
B6RjiDMCUAEaHUf.jpg
89KB, 600x751px
>>
>>53718165
>>BBEG
>Ugh.
Ugh.
>>
File: 800px-Emperor_Sutoku2.jpg (155KB, 800x858px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Emperor_Sutoku2.jpg
155KB, 800x858px
After Sutoku's abdication and exile, he devoted himself to monastic life. He copied numerous scriptures and offered them to the court. Fearing that the scriptures were cursed, the court refused to accept them.[16] Snubbed, Sutoku was said to have resented the court and, upon his death, became an onryō. Everything from the subsequent fall in fortune of the Imperial court, the rise of the samurai powers, draughts and internal unrests were blamed on his haunting.

Alternatively, he was said to have transformed into an Ootengu (greater tengu), who, along with the nine-tailed kitsune Tamamo-no-Mae and the oni Shuten-dōji, are often called the “three great evil yokai.” of Japan.
>>
File: ghost.jpg (50KB, 565x466px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.jpg
50KB, 565x466px
>>53718040
Ghosts usually claim a certain area in which they haunt anyone who enters. This ghost is so powerful that it is haunting the entirety of a country, You need to send the ghost off to the afterlife on its own turf
>>
>>53718040
I don't understand why ghosts are a thing, they exist on a different plane, you shouldn't be able to touch or harm it unless you have a paladin in your group.
>>
File: 128168.jpg (15KB, 251x350px) Image search: [Google]
128168.jpg
15KB, 251x350px
In Ravenloft, the dark lord of Mordentshire is a Ghost. Because he can draw the spirits of the dead to his Manor and enslave them, he can literally keep people's dead relatives hostage
>>
>>53718040
You could go the classic route, the ghost of an ancient conqueror who refuses to believe he has died.

Or it could be the ghost of an insanely powerful necromancer who'd discovered how to literally eat other ghosts to gain power just before getting shitstomped by adventurers. The PCs have to stop him/her/it before it completes the required rituals. After which they each have the extra fun choice to destroy the ghost's notes or try the rituals themselves. I bet someone could do that better than Dresden Files did.
>>
File: Stay-puft-marshmallow-man[1].jpg (40KB, 397x331px) Image search: [Google]
Stay-puft-marshmallow-man[1].jpg
40KB, 397x331px
>>53718040
>pic ghost movie
>transform it into a pen and paper module
>???
>profit!
>>
>>53718259
Son, thats a whole lotta nonsense words. You're gonna have to start making sense or be crazy in a far more entertaining way.
>>
>>53718199
Gozer was an unknowable interdimensional horrorbeast who's purpose was pretty much the same as Christopher Nolan's league of shadows from Batman Begins. Not a ghost.
>>
>>53718438
Sutoku was a slant eye emperor.

He got overthrown and forced to live in a monastary

Myth had it he was so salty about it he turned into a demon bird that caused horrible storms and cursed the countryside until a shrine specifically to placate him/contain his evil was built

In slanteyelandia, a salty ghost is called an onryo

You fucking Gaijin dog
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (77KB, 1000x530px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
77KB, 1000x530px
>>53718564
Okay, but Rowan North is a ghost.
>>
>>53718625
Thank you very much for this clear cut and racist explanation, you shitty nip worm.
>>
>>53718666
We don't talk about that cinematic abortion.

You know they blackmailed Bill Murray to get him to make a cameo.
>>
>>53718758
>You know they blackmailed Bill Murray to get him to make a cameo.
elaborate
>>
The ghost is a religions leader of a Jonestown-type following who is continuing the cult after his/her death. The cult reports to higher ups who eventually report to a tomb in the middle of nowhere where the original cult interred themselves.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.