[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Expected Spells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: wizard.png (78KB, 670x820px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.png
78KB, 670x820px
If there were a new fantasy tabletop rpg, what spells would you expect to be in it? If not specific spells, what magical effects?
>>
>>53708518
Assuming it wasn't going out of its way to make magic feel different:
>splash fireball
>+1 to hit
>arc lightning
>holy beam
>heal
>raise undead
>creature water
>>
>>53708518
Spell that makes your good numbers bigger
Spell that makes your bad numbers smaller
Spell that makes enemies good numbers smaller
Spell that makes enemies bad numbers bigger
>>
File: sam-hogg-kalam-real2.jpg (320KB, 828x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sam-hogg-kalam-real2.jpg
320KB, 828x1200px
>>53708518
Shapeshifting
Charming
Binding
Summoning
Illusion
Scrying/ESP
Faking death
Enforcing contracts
>>
>>53708518

pyromancy
>>
>>53708553
>Creature Water
Your typo has given me inspiration for a new spell.
>Turns a collection of water into a slurry of microscopic organism with supernatural properties.
>May choose from Shadow, Ooze, or Vermin. The water will take on the properties of one.
>>
File: 1496890248345.jpg (339KB, 554x837px) Image search: [Google]
1496890248345.jpg
339KB, 554x837px
Y'know what? Let's take this opportunity to list spells that we WANT to see in RPGs.

Bubble Raft
>causes a dense collection of air bubbles in a 10ft square to appear on the surface of the water.
>can be controlled by the caster to move as fast as you average row boat.

Mimicry
>target takes on the form of a mundane object, from the size of a tankard up to the creature's actual size.
>>
>>53709675
These are all good ones.

Someone should also make a list of spells they think should NOT be in RPGs

>top of my list: teleportation of distance greater than one mile
>>
>>53708518
elemental magic is the only type i expect and everything else is unnecessary
illusions and charms especially are things that don't need to be in a mages kit
>>
Personally, I think schools of magic should be restricted to specific character classes.
That way every seemingly bullshit thing a wizard does is well-within your expectation of him doing so. (My mind goes to a master summoner suddenly mind-controlling people or an illusionist teleporting 30 miles away)
>>
File: wizzo.jpg (488KB, 635x900px) Image search: [Google]
wizzo.jpg
488KB, 635x900px
>>53708518
I expect there to be enough spells for my wizard to be unstoppable. There should be a couple combinations to make them unstoppable, Wish for sure (although its restrictions feel a little dumb sometimes. I mean, come on, it's MAGIC), and spells to pick locks, detect traps, and heal are a no-brainer. I'd also expect there to be summoning spells so my wizard has a melee character protecting them and dealing consistent damage too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.