[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STARCRAFT GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 288
Thread images: 48

File: portrait_marine-large.jpg (58KB, 394x600px) Image search: [Google]
portrait_marine-large.jpg
58KB, 394x600px
BATTLECRUISER OPERATIONAL Edition

Welcome to /scg/! Lore discussion, the boardgame and the Alternity RPG are all welcome here!

Today's topic: StarCraft RPG: Upgrade the Alternity ruleset, adapt Dark Heresy, use a tacticool system like D&D 4e, or something else?
>>
>>53690929
First for Nova did nothing wrong.

I'd personally use a modification of the Starship Troopers RPG since it already has rules for psychics, and Aracnids can be altered to be zerg. It's d20 though, so I'd probably use an altered Only War instead.
>>
>>53691007
Can someone pitch me on Dark Heresy and Only War and its differences? Adapt D&D5e and said Starship Troopers d20? Please no GURPS

A Starcraft RPG should be about heroes doing great things or murderhobos trying to survive a 3 race war?
>>
>>53690929
Reaper reporting.
>>
Use Savage Worlds. Its power armor system can do most of the power armour and mechs on the terran side quite easily, and the rules system is pretty smooth.
>>
How do you balance playable ultralisks?
>>
>>53693162
REEEEEE! ZERG AREN'T GOOD, STARCRAFT 2 NEVER HAPPENED!
>>
>>53693162
I wouldn't. They're fucking ultralisks.
>>
File: Selendis face closeup.png (676KB, 1112x668px) Image search: [Google]
Selendis face closeup.png
676KB, 1112x668px
Selendis a cute!
A CUTE!
>>
>>53690929
>Dark Heresy
What the fuck is it with people and Dark Heresy here? It's a shitty version of BRP which isn't all that hot in the first place. People like to meme about faggots trying to play everything with 3.PF, but it's fucking real and the game is called Dark Heresy. Just pick up from BRP if you have to go that way.

Going Savage Worlds or adapting GURPS into something pulpy are better choices, though, since it suits SC better.

Also you can fuck right off with anything past Broodwar and maybe Ghost
>>
reported faggot OP and shit thread. go back to /vg/
>>
>>53693329
>What the fuck is it with people and Dark Heresy here?

Overabundance of 40kids here means that there will be a lot of people who invested the time and effort to learning how to run a clunky, rules-heavy mess like Dark Heresy well, and the sunk-cost fallacy means they'll want to justify that investiture of time and effort (even if it was ultimately just to learn a seriously mediocre system) by any means possible, which means cramming it everywhere they can.
>>
>>53693186
Even in starcraft 2, the zerg aren't good, they're just necessary, because anime.
>>
>>53690929
One of these days, I need to actually finish LoTV. I bought the game, but HoTS left me with such a bad taste in my mouth that I only got about halfway through the campaign and then stopped for some reason.
>>
>>53693162
You don't? They're foes. Playable races would be Terran and Protoss and Infested Terran like in the Alternity ruleset.
>>
>>53693413
Vanguard + Energizers = lamo any enemy armored ground units.
>>
>>53693329
Because the rulesystem is easy to understand and easy to pick up while not being as ridiculous as Risus, and the 100 system means you can insert subtle nuances or give people really shitty stats to represent how out of their league they are.

also, 40k fans
>>
Look OP, Starcraft 2 is literally my favourite computer game. Its steep learning curve as an RTS has shaped the pace and capacity of my intelligence, decisiveness, empathy and creativity. Its story has fostered within me an idealistic view of humanity and a hopeful feeling for the future. Starcraft and Starcraft 2 have defined me and my life for well over 15 years, and sometimes I dream of being the winner of the biannual Sarahack tournament while holding down a poorly paid but life-fullfilling job as a colonial Magistrate.

But this is /tg/ and Starcraft is a computer game, and not even an RPG at that. All you're doing with this thread is reminding people that Blizzard will never make a high-quality single-player RPG in the SC setting because narrative-driven games are just not lucrative anymore.

Please, cease and desist. If you want, make a thread about it on /v/, but /tg/ is not the place and unfortunately never will be.
>>
>>53693526
>is easy to understand and easy to pick up

About as easy as 3.5.
>>
File: Alt-SE_Cover1.jpg (11KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
Alt-SE_Cover1.jpg
11KB, 200x250px
>>53693539
>RPG
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Alternity:_StarCraft_Edition

>boardgame
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/22827/starcraft-board-game
Fuck off.
>>
>>53693463
Any reccs for the Solar core stuff? I remember the Laser battery being really good, but not much else.
>>
>>53693686
I like going with sentinels and the repair beam since most of your units will be mechanical so why not make them last longer or repair that gas and mineral investment?
>>
>>53692655
I've never played Only War, but Dark Heresy 1st Ed would work pretty well.

Combat's fast, gritty, and very lethal, relying as much on smart player choices as on good rolls and builds. Speaking of builds, you buy talents and such with XP, leveling up when you've bought enough, so it's more flexible than, say, 3.PF.

>A Starcraft RPG should be about heroes doing great things or murderhobos trying to survive a 3 race war?
The best system would be one that could support either. I think the 40k RPGs could do that, though Dark Heresy specifically is more geared towards the latter.
>>
>>53693245
Concur.
>>
>>53693343
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuUqpZgHiEE
>>
File: 1458698782144.gif (854KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458698782144.gif
854KB, 352x240px
>>53693539
>>
>>53693539
>Its steep learning curve as an RTS has shaped the pace and capacity of my[...] empathy
The fact that I genuinely found nothing wrong with Mengsk's choices in vanilla SC1, then proceeded to root for the Overmind, led me to wonder if I might be a sociopath.
>>
File: God-Emperor Arcturus.jpg (1MB, 1390x3129px) Image search: [Google]
God-Emperor Arcturus.jpg
1MB, 1390x3129px
>>53693894
Don't worry, Mengsk did nothing wrong.
>>
>>53694382
His voice is great
>>
>>53694770
Indeed. He also has his way with words.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6bVj-nTkiU
>>
>>53694797
he really does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OciDCn9Xqck
>>
>>53694993
>implying you wouldn't say the same were you in his place
Besides, it's a well-formulated sentence
>>
>>53690929
So, why the hell didn't they bring up the Spear of Adun and the other two sister-ships when the Zerg invaded Aiur? That would kind of be the time you need the ultra-superweapon, no?
>>
>>53695687
Because Blizzard is fucking terrible at retcons, which is a shame when they loves them so goddam much.
>>
Terrans have the best atmosphere and theme. IMHO still some of the best cut scenes in any game today. Especially Brood War has GOAT as fuck soundtracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEUQ7Xkdz9g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxr8Ef1PLZU

To me, Terrans really carry the setting.
>>
>>53695850
>To me, Terrans really carry the setting.
Agreed. I like the Protoss, but they're not THAT unique as ancient advanced aliens go, and the Zerg are an almost direct Tyranid rip.

Rednecks in space, though... That was new to me. I think one of the reasons I liked Firefly was that it reminded me of SC's Terrans.
>>
>>53695928
This. I actually liked to think of Firefly as StarCraft: The Series, set in that sort of interwar period between the end of the Guild Wars, in which the Confederacy (Alliance) cemented its control over the Koprulu Sector, and the arrival of the Zerg.
>>
>>53695928
What makes it even better, is that while they're rednecks in space, they still have plenty of room for pompous cunts casually small talking while colonial grunts are being overrun below them, or holding hypocritical speaches of unity while their enemies are being wiped out in the background in a grand dramatic scale.

They manage to keep a very particular and partivular style and feeling, while still maintaining a lot of variation in their presentation. It's still kept nicely in WoL in the contrast between the junkers on some trash mining planet alongside the fancy ship of Mengsk's son.
>>
>>53696243
Gotta have that Southern gentleman/plantation owner feel, yeah. Plus the good ol' boys in between, like Duke.

And I agree: as much as I feel they fucked up Raynor and Kerrigan in SC2, most of the other Terran characters and the overall Terran vibe were pretty great.
>>
>>53695928
I always wondered where Blizzard got the idea for a Confederacy/ Southern USA themed faction for the Terrans. It's an odd choice, but it really works and makes the Terrans memorable. They're much better than purely generic Americans in Space, by focusing on one region of America. Most characters are your average redneck, and then there's rebels like Raynor who're tired of their oppression by aristocrats, and then the aristocrats like Mengsk who pretend to be freedom fighters. UED works just as good, representing Global Big Brother, with elites of all nations conspiring for conquest and oppresion of the rogue elements of humanity.

Where the hell are the UED anyways? They're supposed to be to the Dominion what the Dominion is to Raynors Raiders.
>>
>>53696460
The Brrod War epilogue mentions that all contact was lost between Du Galle's task force and Earth, so either they think he's gone rogue, realize he's dead, or assume no news is good news.

Either way, the Koprulu sector is FAR from Earth, so they might just see it as not being worth their time when they could just gradually expand in all directions and envelop it later, when they're Imperium-sized.
>>
>>53696460
>I always wondered where Blizzard got the idea for a Confederacy/ Southern USA themed faction for the Terrans.

Metzen always wanted to do a Civil War in space, its an idea he had when he was a kid and that eventually became the basis for most of the concept art and Starcraft.
>>
>>53696128
The clearly Firefly inspired violins in SC2 didn't hurt that either.
>>
>>53696460
To Europeans, Koprulu sector Terrans are the arch typical American stereotypes, so it makes sense to make the UED be the old a bunch of snooty European stereotypes from the old world trying to reign in the uppity colonies to counter the hyper American stereotypes.
>>
>>53693809
Guess who remembered all the censor bars this time?
>>
What exactly are stim packs made of?
>>
File: I cam here to stomp on you.jpg (307KB, 2083x1173px) Image search: [Google]
I cam here to stomp on you.jpg
307KB, 2083x1173px
>>53698307
The stuff.
>>
>>53694797
RIP dark starcraft
>>
>>53695687
Remember that protos conclave was so colosaly stupid to send army to hunt some wayward exec while they were besieged by swarm on their home planet.
Also Artanis and Karax stated that ship is ancient, thought to use it as weapon may have seemded bizzar compared to all their SC1 equipment.
>>
>>53695928
Also Protoss are way better ayys that one dimensional space elves.
>>
File: IMG_0279.jpg (62KB, 960x587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0279.jpg
62KB, 960x587px
>there will never be a Starcraft warga-
>>
>>53693894
>>53694382
What's so great about Mengsk? He's a power hungry tyrant who killed millions of people to create his dominion.
>>
>>53698960
It's partly the raw charisma his SC1 VA gives him. Another part is how well he plays everyone through the Terran campaign, knowing when to use the carrot and when to use the stick.

The other part (for me, at least) is how he went from being a rebellious teen with relatively humble dreams of a self-made mining fortune to a bitter revolutionary with mostly noble intentions to the power hungry tyrant. But that stuff is in the novel I, Mengsk, not the games.
>>
>>53699131
That's an excellent novel. Come to think of it, most the early SC fiction is quite good by genre standards.
>>
>>53699403
Mmhmm. My copies of I, Mengsk and Heaven's Devils are particularly worn and well-loved.
>>
I read some of Golden's books. She is pretty bad
>>
>>53690929
There's a heavily modified D20 system by a guy named Leovaunt floating around on the net. I ran a short campaign with the system recently it went pretty smooth.
>>
File: Tychus.jpg (30KB, 200x305px) Image search: [Google]
Tychus.jpg
30KB, 200x305px
>>53698176
>remembered the censor bars
Dayum shame.
>>
>>53698176
The antenna things look weird and I'm glad they dropped them from her LotV design.
>>
>>53693686

I liked the techs into playing just a big, fuckoff summon army. Send a lone brace probe to drop a pylon, then mash the keyboard on my gateways until I summoned everything I could, push foreward until dead, and repeat. Shit was easy
>>
Have any of you guys tried the new user made coop missions in the rock the cabinet thing? Found any good ones? I find them to be really hit or miss, the majority are poorly designed.
>>
>>53693795
Only War is alot like dark heresy, but with problems patched up and the levelling more freeform while still offering choices and restrictions.
>>
>>53701243
I'll have to pick it up, then.
>>
>>53699131
I'm reading I, Mengsk on pdf now, and it seems pretty clear from the get-go he's a psychopath.

Plus, the way it treats Duke is really at odds with how far Mengsk goes to pull the guys nuts out of a fire in the OC.
>>
>>53701243
I prefer Rogue Trader for that, Only War is a little too "in the trenches."
>>
>>53698402
What would starcraft games look like if they were actually to scale
>>
>>53702169
He's an asshole, but never struck me as a psycho in the novel.

When he saves Duke he makes it pretty clear that he hates him, but needs his resources.
>>
>>53702246
>He's an asshole, but never struck me as a psycho in the novel.
I dunno, his total lack of emotion that McNeill goes out of his way to point out both in his first combat and when he sleeps with Juliana seem pretty characteristic of sociopathy.

>When he saves Duke he makes it pretty clear that he hates him, but needs his resources.
What resources? If he goes over to the Sons of Korhal, he's got a smashed up battlecruiser and whatever crew is on board. That's not a lot of resources. You even get the line in Mission 6 that he's a general without an army.
>>
>>53702204
Something akin to supreme commander?
>>
>>53702291
>You even get the line in Mission 6 that he's a general without an army.

Mengsk says that because he's assuming he'll win the war regardless of Duke's actions, leaving Duke without an army while accepting Mengsk's offer makes sure Duke will remain a general with an army.

Duke's resources wasnt just the battlecruiser but his experience and intel on the confederate defences as well as removing the elite of the confederate forces, because when Duke desserted he brought the entire Alpha Squadron with him to Mengsk's side.
>>
>>53702291
I agree that Mengsk is probably a sociopath, but he doesn't think there's anything wrong with him. If he weren't in a position to become a rebel leader he never would've become leader of the Sons of Korhal or the Emperor.
>>
>>53698307
Meth, endorphins, adrenaline, aggression enhancing drugs.
>>
>>53702291
>I dunno, his total lack of emotion that McNeill goes out of his way to point out both in his first combat and when he sleeps with Juliana seem pretty characteristic of sociopathy.
Huh... Guess I need to reread it.

>>53702434
>If he weren't in a position to become a rebel leader he never would've become leader of the Sons of Korhal or the Emperor.
This too. He would've just been a rando miner.
>>
>>53696460
>Where the hell are the UED anyways?
They don't really care about the Koprulu sector.
It's a completely irrelevant backwater. They sent an expeditionary force to investigate the aliens they had witnessed from afar, and then that force didn't report back. That's all.
They'll return the Koprulu sector one day, but it is not like they yearn to conquer the place. It's not important to them.
>>
>>53702478
>It's a completely irrelevant backwater. They sent an expeditionary force to investigate the aliens they had witnessed from afar, and then that force didn't report back. That's all.
But the Korprulu defeated an ancient evil alien from beyond the origins of the universe and then made a better ancient alien to go beyond the confines of the universe, or something. I'm starting to think Korprulu is actually above the UED's power level, for all their bluster, unless they've secretly got a million colonized worlds to draw resources from.
>>
>>53702566
Not to mention that both the zerg and the protoss are completely beyond the UED.
>>
>>53702566
>But the Korprulu defeated an ancient evil alien from beyond the origins of the universe and then made a better ancient alien to go beyond the confines of the universe, or something.
The UED doesn't know about this stuff, though.
>>
>>53702478
I love how basically Lewis and Clark went off and nearly conquered multiple solar systems.
>>
>>53702566
Not him, but they blitz past the Dominion pretty easily in the Brood war campaign. They're really only brought down by Kerrigan, but then again, I doubt the Koprulu guys would have done any better if left to their own devices.
>>
>>53702566
>I'm starting to think Korprulu is actually above the UED's power level,

Not possible, the UED owned the Dominion with an expeditionary fleet. They literally came in, did some politicking with some factions, stole some ships, built a fleet and bum-rushed Korhal and effectively occupied the Dominion. While I do think that accomplishment has probably more to do with how frail Mengsk's Dominion was at the beginning it is a testament of how far beyond the UED is in comparison to the Dominion.

>>53702592
>zerg and the protoss are completely beyond the UED.

The Korpulu sector struggled to defeat one Overmind while the UED came alone with a small force and turned the zerg into their weapon in a small ammount of time.
>>
>>53702566
It took Artanis' forces, Raynor's Raiders, and a good chunk of the Swarm lead by Primal Kerrigan and Stukov (two very powerful psionics) to pierce into the Void and kill Naruduran. All they did against Amon was break his defensive obelisks so Xel'naga Kerrigan could destroy him, they did not contribute to actually damaging Amon at all.
Xel'naga Kerrigan lives in the void now, and cannot be counted as part of the Koprulu sector's combat forces.
>>
>>53702927
At the end, doesn't she show up at that decrepit bar to jump jim's bones?
>>
>>53703067
She sent her avatar to tease him. Jimmy's blue balls are the source of her power.
>>
File: 1494263467090.png (152KB, 531x418px) Image search: [Google]
1494263467090.png
152KB, 531x418px
Alarak a best Protoss
>>
>>53703067
She can probably send emanations out of the Void like Ouros did, but that was more inviting Jimmy to the Void than leaving it.
>>
>>53703175
I would hop on his purity of form so fast, goddamn.
>>
>>53703204
Or incarnate herself like what Duran/narud did.
>>
File: Alarak_BlizzCon_Art2.jpg (55KB, 433x440px) Image search: [Google]
Alarak_BlizzCon_Art2.jpg
55KB, 433x440px
>>53703175
Agreed.
He made LotV worthwhile.
>>
>>53702204
Scvs stomping on marines
>>
File: Firebat_SC1_HeadAnim1.gif (82KB, 60x56px) Image search: [Google]
Firebat_SC1_HeadAnim1.gif
82KB, 60x56px
>>53690929
Need a light ?
>>
>>53706915
Weren't they Dreadnought/Knight sized?
Since being construction and mining vehicles was the the purpose of the knights to begin with.
>>
>>53698807
>Prodos
Fucking dropped.
>>
File: 0CvtyBr.jpg (758KB, 2340x3150px) Image search: [Google]
0CvtyBr.jpg
758KB, 2340x3150px
>>53707237
Seems like they're about Dreadnought sized.
>>
quick question, do you think that the draenei are based on the protoss or is it just a coincidence that blizzard made two blue skinned alien races?
>>
>>53707527
I'd say they look somewhat larger than an aliens power loader size. Probably because that's the inspiration for it
>>
File: 6QqGeMIJFdV4iEY7ktkJXHX1UNcP3.png (562KB, 1000x703px) Image search: [Google]
6QqGeMIJFdV4iEY7ktkJXHX1UNcP3.png
562KB, 1000x703px
>>53703249
>>
>>53703175
>>53706457

tal'darim must fuck like rabbits to keep being so numerous despite the way their society works
>>
>>53707677
>evil faction
>not having casual sex all the time
>>
File: rollingeyesemoji.png (391KB, 809x737px) Image search: [Google]
rollingeyesemoji.png
391KB, 809x737px
>>53707687
>tal'darim
>evil
>>
File: shining.jpg (55KB, 832x468px) Image search: [Google]
shining.jpg
55KB, 832x468px
>>53690929
can i play as a Korean
>>
File: alarak.png (1MB, 1464x817px) Image search: [Google]
alarak.png
1MB, 1464x817px
>>53703175
it is i, alkaraak
>>
File: Protoss biology.png (3MB, 1539x840px) Image search: [Google]
Protoss biology.png
3MB, 1539x840px
>>53707643
Protoss have no orifices.
>>
>>53707747
And babies are dropped off at mommy and daddy's front door by a stork.
>>
>>53707766
Maybe the protoss reproduce through mitosis
>>
>>53707527
Behemoths are pretty damn huge. I thought the Minotaurs were bigger. I find it weird that the Broodlords and Guardians are so small, but I suppose the Leviathan is the largest Zerg flyer.
>>
>>53707527
It always bothered me how they spelt medevac as medivac
>>
>>53707795
most zerg aren't especially big, there's just lots and lots of them. remember that terran bullets are all railguns and that firebats/hellbats/hellions technically shoot plasma fire
>>
>>53698960
>good voice acting
>has understandable ambitions
He's a pretty good character, all things considered.

It's unfortunate that the whole mengsk/raynor/tychus thing has to share space with the cardboard cutout that is kerrigan, because that could have been enough to fuel two or three games with.
>>
>>53707810
>when you realize marines all have chemrails that can reach a flying battlecruiser and penetrate it
>>
>>53707527
I've always preferred the way sc1 terrans looked over the sc2 terrans. They looked more mechanical and less smoothed. It's like the difference between a humvee and a sports car
>>
>>53707810
Speaking of the Gauss rifles: is the fact they are also chemically propelled of any use?
>>
>>53707857
it sounds cool in Brood War
>>
>>53707857
>>53707864
It's called a chemrail and the idea is to propel the bullet with explosive power and then make it even faster with a rail barell
>>
>>53707852
I don't know. Some SC2 designs are neat, but I agree that some are too smooth. I'm not a big fan of both versions of the Gauss rifle. It looks weird in SC and too boxy in SCII.
>>
>>53693245
Best girl from SC.
And that is saying a lot about the other girls.
>>
>>53707766
Irrelevant.
Protoss have no orifices, and thus cannot have sex or give birth the way we do.
>>
>>53707677
>High lords have harems of weaker Tal'darim/protoss

do we actually know how protoss reproduce?
>>
>>53707857
>>53707912
Imagine the Imperium having a Gaus rifle and suit of terran power armor for every guardsmen.
>>
>>53707953
Yeah the old gauss rifle looked more like a huge shotgun
>>
>>53708034
16 gigs of protoss smut says otherwise
>>
>>53707695
They're albinos that dress up like Sauron and worship Cthulhu. I'd love to hear what you think they are, if not evil.
>>
>>53708205
Fanwank that is of no relevance.
>>
>>53707852
This, terrans went from an M35 army truck with a BBQ pit and satellite uplink on its bed to a Toyota FJ Cruiser, overall a real loss.

How would you start an SC2 campaign?

>Mar Sara, craggy and Mesa filled area right off a major highway between major settlements, has that vibe of following the road past a single gas station highway way exit.
>Big old pit mine, a smugglers port and a junk yard filled with zerg decaying biomass and Terran industrial junk are it's only attraction.
>Drunken honky tonk hijinks induced from mine layoffs lead to them forming a militia for kicks and giggles.
>Break into an abandoned Supply Depot.
>Quest lines include shutting down a gang of Reaper bandits with a pack of feral zergs as pets, engaging in the annual "Lisking" tournament where you noodle for burrowed hydralisks and resolving the bitter feud between a hermit Ex-Confederate ghost and a crazed dragoon named "Stumpy" who wage a ceaseless war against one another over a single Canyon.
>>
>>53707766
But then how is babby formed?
>>
>>53707766
>implying the Xel'naga storks don't do this
>>
>>53708515
This campaign sounds awesome.
>>
>>53708520
Through their only thing resembling an orifice.

[Spoiler] Their eye sockets. [/spoiler]
>>
>>53708515
I'd play this. Actually depending on how Saturday goes I may steal and run this.
>>
>>53708515
Will steal this as a plot hook for my StarCraft homebrew. Loved it.
>>
>>53708515
>SweetHomeMarSara.mp3 intensifies
>>
Anybody who GMs ever use the map editor for making game maps or screenshoting scenes?
>>
>>53690929
So has anyone actually run the Alternity ruleset? Are the rules any good? Are the three adventures any fun?
>>
>>53693413
HOTS pissed me if so much with what they did to Kerrigan
Goes from Queen bitch of the universe to crying over Jim
>>
>>53708515
I'd probably do something with Kel-Morians whether the setting would be on their world or just the antagonists. They just do not have as much detail as the others even though they are an important faction.
>>
>>53710967
Good call. I like the fact that they use Foreman as a rank official position with work crews organized like squads.

You should read up on the battle of Blair Mountain in West Virginia, I feel that the political and social situation of that place and time captures a lot of how I would present the Combine, complete with script and Company Towns.
>>
>>53710967
Also, I like to think of them as coal miners+astronaut truckers.
>>
>>53708034
Clam down, Abathur.
>>
File: Stukov BandW.jpg (147KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
Stukov BandW.jpg
147KB, 500x707px
>>53693539
/tg/ gets shit done, m8.

The centerpiece discussion of the last thread and the OP discussion piece of this thread is how to quickly and easily implement a tabletop RPG set in the Starcraft universe, gauging the ones already out there, determining if they're sufficiently playable and sufficiently faithful, and Promoting our various Waifus . All of which are solidly within the scope of /tg/.
>>
>>53711640
Protoss reproductive methods unknown. Use Queens to infect females with parasites.
Observe mating habits discreetly.
Solve mystery, utilize knowledge to gather Selenis Essence.
Take Queen of Blades strands, emulate Selanis face and hips via terran influence.
Spin pure waifulisk strain.

Achieve, perfection.
>>
File: 1450547318281.png (15KB, 399x548px) Image search: [Google]
1450547318281.png
15KB, 399x548px
>>53712404
Stop it Abathur, you're going too far.
>>
File: Rock Hard.jpg (59KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Rock Hard.jpg
59KB, 500x750px
>>53712404
>>
>>53712404
>Achieve stripper heels and chitinous corset
Fixed that for you.
>>
File: kekekekeke.jpg (12KB, 253x207px) Image search: [Google]
kekekekeke.jpg
12KB, 253x207px
>>53712466
Much learned from loliling experiment. Attempted to cure zergling lemon juice allergy. Failed strain.
Lack offensive ability.
Lack survivability.
Lack carapace...thickness.

Must improve.
>>
>>53713140
Abathur, make them thick. THICC
>>
File: ayy.jpg (150KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
150KB, 610x343px
While searching for a RPG to use as a base for a Starcraft RPG, I remembered this. I think it will be really nice to have it as a base for a SC RPG.

Already working on the core rules as we speak, since it is mostly just adjusting the rules to tabletop. It'll have that tactical need and can be as gritty as you want.

Opinions?
>>
>>53690929
http://www.leovauntgamedesign.com/starcraft-rpg
>>
>>53713311
Proposal, promising.
>>
>>53713311
Post 'em, nigger. What'd you think we'd say.

>>53713371
Interesting. Saved for later reference.
>>
File: 1491879285911.jpg (143KB, 1300x1207px) Image search: [Google]
1491879285911.jpg
143KB, 1300x1207px
>>53713311
>yfw 99% chance to hit a hydralisk at point blank range in the corridors of the Amerigo and you just broke open a cold one as your action.
>>
>>53713975
>"Thank god for cold fusion."
>>
File: 40k RPG.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
40k RPG.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>53713975
>99%
If it isn't 100%, it can miss.
>>
>>53693413
LotV is a lot worse.
>>
Lads, hold me. I know this is lore discussion but I just lost 20 ladder matches in a row. I can't do this shit anymore, the game isn't even fun. ZvZ is hell, ZvT is the same fucking biodrops every game, ZvP is the only matchup I enjoy and there's no fucking Protoss players in Diamond for some reason. End me.
>>
>>53715645
Hasn't ZvT always been about biodrops? I've never played, but I've watched competitive starcraft 2 for years now, and every matchup, the terran player sends in a few medships and marines and cheeses as hard as they can while the zerg defends to hive.
>>
>>53715603
The epilogue is, but everything before that is nowhere near as bad as HoTS
>>
>>53715668
Yep, but it's not just the 2 pronged attack that you usually see. I'm getting dropped with around 5 ships every ZvT, it's easy to defend if you spot it but it gets stale after the 6th ZvP.

Ultras are also pretty weak attacking off of creep which sucks, they can get kited so easily by Marauders it hurts. I'm considering just getting placements over with next season and then leaving anything but ZvP desu, it's the only matchup with some variance right now.

Also do yourself a favour and don't get the game, it's nothing but stress in ladder games. I don't give a fuck about my ranking at all, I've got the badges showing I've hit Masters however many years ago but these days it's too stressful, look away for 1 second and a widow mine, disruptor, bling, nuke, fungal etc has wiped your entire army out instantly.
>>
>>53715705
I disagree. The whole thing with the Khala makes no sense. What happens to future generations of protoss and their nerve cords? The whole idea of Xel'Naga as dimension-hopping gods/universe-smiths also sucked. I liked them more as just ancient and powerful masters of genetic engineering and psionics.
>>
>>53716033
Starcraft started going downhill with the hidden missions in brood war.
>>
>>53717512
Infested Stukov was a great thing and the hybrid was a great idea. Shame it was so horribly used in SC2
>>
>>53713371
This system works well, I haven't had a chance to look at the updated rules yet but I've run a couple of short games using it.
>>
File: horace-warfield-1-thumb.jpg (23KB, 438x200px) Image search: [Google]
horace-warfield-1-thumb.jpg
23KB, 438x200px
>>53690929
Why, yes, I am the StarCraft General
>>
>>53720855
Waste of character..
>>
>>53702605
Less Lewis and Clark, and more Space Australia.
>>
>>53716033
Tal'darim don't have nerve cords, as I recall, so it's entirely likely that they're either artificially implanted or easily removed after birth. And dimension hopping doesn't really come into play until the Epilogue, which is irredeemable garbage anyway. Up until then it was basically "Stop the genetic lich from resurrecting himself!". Meanwhile, LotV still has
>Alarak
>"Fenix"
>Karax
>Biggest Bro Artanis
Going for it.
>>
>>53721643
They do have nerve cords, but they never did use the khala.
>>
>>53721218
More Davy Crocket
>>
>>53721643
>Karax
literally who
>>
File: Karax_SC2-LotV_Portrait.jpg (33KB, 250x381px) Image search: [Google]
Karax_SC2-LotV_Portrait.jpg
33KB, 250x381px
>>53721750
Smith guy who wants to pimp your ride for you. He has rocks for a beard.
>>
>>53721805
So lizard Swanson.
>>
>>53721846
Do not talk shit about friend Karax
>>
File: abby5.png (297KB, 680x486px) Image search: [Google]
abby5.png
297KB, 680x486px
>>53712404
now this is what I call purity of form
>>
>>53714354
*head explodes*
>>
>>53724108
"We're all dead! Blow it!"
>>
>>53708030
>Kerrigan blonde edition is not your waifu
?
>>
File: tumblr_ohthni4TQ91tx612ao1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x1331px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohthni4TQ91tx612ao1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x1331px
>>53693245
>>
File: Selendis and zealots.jpg (145KB, 980x552px) Image search: [Google]
Selendis and zealots.jpg
145KB, 980x552px
>>53725827
>dem childbearing hips.
>>
File: tumblr_o1t45thm9Q1ugae8wo1_1280.jpg (351KB, 1280x1687px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1t45thm9Q1ugae8wo1_1280.jpg
351KB, 1280x1687px
>>53725827
>>
I want to marry Selendis!
>>
>>53725172

This desu
Nova > Selendis
Even Ji'nara > Selendis
>>
>>53726117
Nova is best girl
>>
>>53726540
I liked the later nova model
>>
File: Selendis face.png (225KB, 439x513px) Image search: [Google]
Selendis face.png
225KB, 439x513px
>>53726117
>>53726540
Nova a shit.
>>
File: maxresdefault (8).jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (8).jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>53728182
Excuse me, your better coming through.
>>
>>53702804
>The Korpulu sector struggled to defeat one Overmind while the UED came alone with a small force and turned the zerg into their weapon in a small ammount of time.
An incredibly weakened zerg that had lost a fuckton forces on Shakuras and was struggling under the psi disruptor's effect after having lost quite a number of cerebrates to form the new Overmind, which, honestly, I don't think was as powerful as the original Overmind if some random dark templar was enough to destroy it, instead of weakening it and requiring someone wielding both sides of the protoss powers to allahu ackbar on it.

Seriously, literally no one at Brood War was exactly at their best, compared to the original
>>
>>53707527
those mutas look to small compared to that carrier and what things looked like in the "death of the overmind" cutscene

also
>clean out the whole map from zerg
>don't use the ganthritor at all
>"guise I'm badly damage let me do a 9/11 on that brain thing"
>>
File: Nova2.png (488KB, 1117x619px) Image search: [Google]
Nova2.png
488KB, 1117x619px
>>53726540
You're damned right she is!
>>
>>53707766
genetic material is exchanged when two protoss decide to hold hands, after which point both of them will be pregnant with a litter of little protoss that burst out of them Alien style

real talk though, I've only played SC1 and BW and it's been a long while since that, have we ever met a protoss "mom" or "dad"?
>>
>>53707912
sounds like that fuck things up with air ressistance
how about the railgun launches the "bullet" and midflight the bullet becomes like a rocket and activates the chemical propellant? the academy icon for the range upgrade always looked like a rocket to me desu
>>
File: Nova.jpg (36KB, 300x158px) Image search: [Google]
Nova.jpg
36KB, 300x158px
>>53729286
>New Nova
Absolutely repulsive.
>>
UED vs UEF, who wins?
>>
>>53729322
Brood War's manual states that Razhagal has had children, but that's the only thing I can think of offhand.
>>
>>53729450
>implying any supreme commander faction is good
>>
>>53707527
That abberation is way too small. They can walk over other units, there's no way they're about as tall as a zealot
>>
File: SC2 Vorazun.png (507KB, 492x728px) Image search: [Google]
SC2 Vorazun.png
507KB, 492x728px
>>53729322
We met picture related's mom in Brood War.

My headcanon for how protoss reproduce is basically that they pass genetic material trough skin contact and the babby develops in the upper layers of skin on the belly of the mommy protoss, forming a "pouch" of sorts that is shed when the baby is born.
So basically protoss sex=bellyrubs.
>>
>>53731158
>>
>>53731382
Totes adorbs.
>>
>>53693162

Alternate rules for playing cerebrates working together, everyone is an ultralisk and the final boss is a rogue cerebrate with a brutalisk. But it wouldn't work unless you made it like star wars battlefront (the first one) where you're a trillion mooks
>>
File: Razagal and babby vorazun.png (558KB, 1280x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Razagal and babby vorazun.png
558KB, 1280x1180px
>>53732174
Yep
>>
>>53693113
I'M BRINGING THE PAIN, AND A PIZZA, IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS OR ITS FREE!
>>
more babby protoss pls
>>
File: joeyray.jpg (83KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
joeyray.jpg
83KB, 736x414px
>>53709709
Big treads keep on churning
Carry me home to see my kin
Singing songs about the Wasteland
I miss Mar Sarey once again
And I think its a sin, yes
Well I heard Marshal Jimmy sing about her
Well, I heard ole Duke put her down
Well, I hope General Duke will remember
A Sara man don't need him around anyhow
Sweet home Mar Sara
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet Home Mar Sara
Lord, I'm coming home to you
In Augustgrad they love the Emprah (boo, boo, boo)
Now we all did what we could do
Now Tarsonis does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you?
Tell the truth
Sweet home Mar Sara
Sweet Home Mar Sara
Here I come Mar Sara
Now Backwater Station has got the Swarmers
And they've been known to pick a fight or two
Lord they get me off so much
They pick me up when I'm feeling blue
Now how about you?
Sweet home Mar Sara
Sweet Home Mar Sara
Sweet home Mar Sara
Sweet home Mar Sara
>>
>>53735678
This is good, but Mar Sara and Alabama don't sound too alike, so it doesn't quite work. Still, good quality writefaggotry, many thanks for it. Keep doing it, we'd love to see it.
>>
>>53735005
Unfortunately there isn't much art of the protoss in general, let alone their civilian stuff.
>>
>>53735678
>>53735708

Am considering changing

>Where the skies are so blue

to

>Where the skies' a rusty hue.

To the Mar Sara, performance wise you can just drag the 'Mar' to fill the syllable spacing using the majesty of the southern rock drawl.
>>
>>53729286
Sexualized poster-child for advertising != stone cold mind-wiped assassin. Heroes Nova is trash.
>>
>>53732517
>I've got a zeeeeeeeeeeerg and a shotgun, and I'm bringin' em home to you!
>>
>>53735725
Most of it is Deviantart tier.
>>
>>53735787
Arnt they the same person?
>>
>>53737223
They look the same and have the same name, sure. Lore Nova would be more of an autismo murder-happy assassin, as opposed to blowing kisses, posing, and making meta references.
>>
Surprise Tal'darim bump.
>>
>>53738469
Kinky.
>>
>>53738505
I'll consume the living and the dead.
>>
File: firebat.png (1MB, 1436x658px) Image search: [Google]
firebat.png
1MB, 1436x658px
Reminder that Firebats are all best girls and happy, well-balanced individuals that have much to contribute to society.
>>
>>53742303
I wish firebats did extra damage to buildins.
>>
>>53735678
I may have talked a friend of mine into playing and recording Sweet Home Mar Sara. If he actually does it I'll find a way to link it here.
>>
>>53738469
tfw no dark protoss waifu
>>
>>53729286
>>53726540
>coal burner
>best girl

sc is unique in how shit all the women are in it
>>
>>53745579
I'll take a mindwiped autist coalburner over a socipathic mass-murdering buleballer.
>>
>>53746205
right. the point is they are both terrible. some random chick you see in the background of a scene would be better

although ever choosing a nigger lover for any reason is the wrong choice

or maybe selendis can give you mind blowjobs or something
>>
>>53735678
Noice.
>>
>>53737387
Someone hasn't played Nova Ops.

Nova has been whitewashed to hell and back.
>>
>>53743960
Please do. And ask him about making it "skies' rusty hue," canonically the skies reddish orange but the blue sky keeps it in line with the source song.
>>
>>53746918
Are the nova ops missions any good?
>>
>>53747536
Absolutely fun to play and the plot is alright, nothing to call home about but refreshingly simple, mostly terran infighting
>>
>>53746354
>maybe selendis can give you mind blowjobs or something
I'm down.
>>
>>53748854
Mindblowing mindfucks, mind you.
>>
>>53747536
The story is fucking shit tier.
>>
>>53752067
Even compared to the low bar of SCII base campaigns? What do they do that's so shit?
>>
>>53752145
It's just fucking boring bullshit with a cliche villain "lol memory loss", and boring as fuck characters.
The only highlight of those missions is the fact that Alarak pops up briefly just for shit and giggles.
>>
>>53747526
He actually suggested the same thing about the sky lyric.

Any other southern rock songs you gents want a star craft cover to?
>>
>>53753277
Freebird.
>>
>>53698176
Why would a race without mouths have nipples? Much less tits?
>>
>>53745579
/pol fag detected
>>
>>53747536
Gameplay is fun. I gave nova a jetpack and sword so she can be a pseudo assault marine. Story could've been better since its there to appease the sc 1 people who complained about muh grim dark story is ruined.
>>
>>53753458
Freezerg is already a thing.
>>
File: joeyraysbar.jpg (55KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
joeyraysbar.jpg
55KB, 564x564px
>>53753277
I'll look around and see, but I noticed when I went through the list of jukebox songs that they all could fit in the setting.

I also noticed that they all had to do with loss of a loved woman.

>mfw when Jim Raynor has been drinking himself to death while listening to a device with thousands of songs that inevitably lead him to remember Kerrigan.
>>
>>53754083
You know, a post-End War SC universe has still a lot of room to have fun in. You've got the Dominion and sonny boy trying to keep things together, Alarak bullying everybody and who knows what going on with the Swarm. With the larger theme of life cropping up all over the place in the Sector, you then have a 4 conflict between Terran's colonizing, Zerg collecting essence and maybe having the Protoss resuming the Mantel and guarding over the fledgling worlds and allowing them to evolve naturally.

A lot to work with as a GM. Not sure how I feel about the stompy robot Terran super weapons, but then again between the Ion Cannon, Psi Disruptors and accessories and Nova Ops super weapons seem to be an underlying theme with SC Terrans.
>>
>pylons
>>
File: TerranDominion_Logo2.jpg (89KB, 308x428px) Image search: [Google]
TerranDominion_Logo2.jpg
89KB, 308x428px
Prince Valerian was under utilized.
>>
>>53756561
Because he's a spoiled little bitch compared to Emperor Mengsk, I hate how they turned the motherfucker himself into a cardboard villain.
>>
>>53756592
He was already one in SC1.
>>
>>53756592
He always was though, "I will rule this sector or see it bunt to ashes" pretty one dimensional to me
>>
As mentioned over, it seems the women bears children because of their hips. And the males seems like they are very warlike and competitive, at least before they were calmed down by the psi-crystal thing, suggesting they where not too unlike humans in their mating-strategy. They don't really need to have a dick if the males are competing very hard, even if a D can do stuff like clean out semen from other males and stuff, like human males are equipped to do. I think they might just rub on each other, and some glands do the trick, and the competition is solved with violence(as tosses seem to have a very violent nature). Maybe something is transferred through the tentacles or something. Maybe if a female is in a fertile period, the males around her goes bananas and start killing and dominating each other, and then they can rub up against the girl-toss afterwards. Also, before they calmed down, there was a lot of killing other males, so the females need to have a lot of babies. So maybe they lay eggs, and then they guard the eggs afterwards. So in stead of milk, maybe they bloat up as they get filled with eggs, and just eat a lot, and then just guard the eggs. Maybe they take turns watching the eggs, while the other gathers food, and then care for the coming protoss hatchlings. And then one or both of the parents care for them as they grow. Or if they do bear children (not eggs), and just fuck like humans do, they have relatively very small heads, allowing them to stay in the womb for a lot longer, as long as their shoulders can get out, so the kid is more developed when it get out, maybe even able to stand and walk on it own, like most mammals do. However, this does not solve the problem with a lot of toss-on-toss killings, so I'll go for the egg-theory, and that they either rub on eachother with glands and fight off other males around fertile women, or that they just simply fuck and have eggs.
>>
>>53756703
I found this: Thousands years ago, when their technology was primitive: Male and female Protoss get together and they decide to have a child. They make reproduce organs similar to the human ones (they don't have reproduce organs till they need them). Then they have something like sex, but it isn't so wild like human sex. After a few days female protoss breed larvae-looking embryo. She puts it into the hole in the ground and cover it with small pieces of meat from killed animals. Now embryo consumes meat and grows (only this lifetime protoss eat). Parent refill the hole till the young protoss fully grow up. After few weeks is new protoss able to join other protoss in their normal life.

Nowadays: Male and female Protoss get together and they decide to have a child. The Protoss scientists take their cells, combine their DNA and start a new life inside "a water tank" in well equiped lab. Embryo consumes nutrient solutin and grows. When the young protoss is fully grown up, scientists release him. After few weeks is new protoss able to join other protoss in their normal life.
>>
>>53756592
I think he and Megsnk were a lot alike, and Valerian wasn't a bitch in the comics, he just needed a moment to shine in game.
>>
Is SC2 worth it just for singleplayer?
>>
>>53757968
Yes.
>>
File: 1322259424821.gif (2MB, 356x267px) Image search: [Google]
1322259424821.gif
2MB, 356x267px
>>53757968
Absolutely, one of the things I really like about the campaigns in SC2 are that they rarely fell into the pattern that SC1 and pretty much every other RTS did in missions; That being hide in your corner scraping together enough defense to stay alive until you tip the balance enough to build your unstoppable army of death and roll the map in one sweep. SC2 really kept you mobile, weather it was some kind of time-sensitive set of objectives or a literal need to move around on the map, or objectives themselves that moved around. Once in a while you did get that passive style of map, and it was a nice break from the more involving missions. The overall story is a little flat, but the narrative contained within the missions themselves is superb.

Multiplayer has two sides; the ultra casual team-mode fun side and the ultra tryhard my life is esports side.
>>
>>53758191
Don't forget about the 'what is balance?' coop mode.
>>
>>53757968
Wings of Liberty and Nova Covert Ops is the best. Course I'm biased since I play Terrans. Campaign also gives you access to units vanilla takes away in multiplayer.
>>
>>53721805
>rocks
you mean toenails
>>
>>53758311
Or upgrades that would otherwise be bullshit in multiplayer.
>>
>>53756713
Fake and gay.
>>
>>53756713
Where? Most certainly not sanctioned.
>>
>>53758229
The campaigns have coop modes?
>>
>>53761062
No there are a set of co-op missions that you can play with different commanders that come with their unique abilities and units. Its kind of like if you combined the commanders from company of heroes 1 and 2 with starcraft. There's not too many co-op missions right now I wish there were more.
>>
>>53756713
I always figured they reproduce the same way they do everything else; psychically. When two protoss decide to have a kid they think lewd thoughts at each other and one ends up pregnant.

It made more sense when I was in high school.
>>
>>53761450
Could be kind of like an archon merge sort of thing. Sparks literally fly and afterwards the mommy 'toss has a bun in the oven.

The whole "no orifices" thing is grade school level stupid, though. What, you're afraid of a little smut so your super special alien race has to be smooth like Barbie and Ken? Dumb and lame.
>>
>>53690929
>>53692655

I run a game of FATE Core in the Starcraft Universe, and the group already had told me they weren't all that interested in combat. So they started off trying to salvage the cloaking mechanism off a Banshee before the Dominion retrieval team got to it. From there it slowly evolved into a small Ghostbuster-style team that gets called in whenever something weird/cool/alien pops up.

We've been running a solid year now, and everyone is still having fun despite not being focused around the military units in-game (though I did build characters before-hand since this was also the 'Hey we want to learn FATE' game)
>>
So, I went on a long LoTV campaign binge over the weekend. Most of the missions were easier than I remember from last time, or maybe I just got into it better.

Broke through the main campaign, onto the epilogue. Got the first epilogue mission fairly easily, and then onto the second one, where you play the Terrans and do another Big Base Defense; and holy shit, the mission is wiping me out. Now, I suppose I could do things easier by using Kerrigan more often (I'm at least angling for that "mastery" achievement of no less than 15 kills, and I figure I'll need to save it if more Void Thrashers show up), but I can't seem to build fast enough to cover all 3 ramps with bunkers and Siege Tanks. Someone consistently gets overrun, usually the Protoss.

By the way, do the baddies ever show up with air units?
>>
How are ya'lls campaigns going? What kind of pcs do your characters like?
>>
>>53757968

No, the story made SC go from amazing to utter dogshit.
>>
>>53765019
Come on, it wasn't perfect but it wasn't nearly that bad
>>
>>53766338
What was good about it? It was boring as shit, every character was one dimensional and the story itself was the most generic "we must fulfill this prophecy or we're fucked!", it was awful.

The gameplay was fun.
>>
>>53762274
You'll never get anywhere with standard terran defense except on your own end.

You need BCs. As many as you can.

And yes.
>>
>>53766389
Are you expecting citizen Kane out of every god damn game, it's campy space opera, fuck off with your snob standards
>>
>>53766705
Consistent characterization and no asspull plot devices aren't much to ask for. I don't want Citizen Kane, but I expect at least Smokey and the Bandit.
>>
>>53756592
Valerian only seems spoiled because he never gets a chance to do anything in the games. In the Mengsk book he gets furious at his father insulting him for being a weak little boy, and resolves to get fit, and become highly educated.
>>
>>53768086
Which he does, becoming an accomplished fighter and scholar, even saving Megsk, with whom he bonded over fencing, also why he carried the sword.
>>
Please everyone wondering about a Starcraft RPG look at >>53768352 for some info on my not-exactly-Starcraft-but-can-serve-as-a-base pdf. Specially if you can opinion on how to approach a SC RPG.
>>
>>53690929
>when they called out elder scrolls general, I said nothing, because there was an RPG and I liked Elder Scrolls
>When they called out warcraft general, I bit my tongue, because there was an RPG, and Ididnt want to be a bother
>When they made a starcraft general, I called to the mods that it was /vg/, but no one listened
>>
>>53766338

Yes, it was.

After the "Primal Zerg" garbage in the second game I had to wait several days again before getting the motivation to play it.
>>
>>53770821
>everyone hates all the new stuff they added that I liked
do.. do I just have brain damage or something?
>>
>>53770987
Did you play SC1? (With a sub-set of caring about the lore they established in it?)
>>
>>53771071
yes but its been years and I thought the original version of the pre-zerg were dull as dirt
>>
>>53770814
I'd rather take StarCraft than Elder Scrolls. Bethesda is garbage.
>>
>>53752145
It's not shit but its nothing amazing, mediocre would be the best for the story.
Nova gets way too many memory wipes even as a ghost at this point.
>>
>>53770814
There's already a Starcraft RPG
>>
I'm running a game using >>53713371 system late this week. If STG is still a thing Thursday or Friday I'll story time the session. Hoping to have Sweet Home Mar Sara and one or two more SC covers done by then to play for the session.
>>
>>53772159
Not sure if this, or any, SC generals will be up then. Whatever you do make sure that OC gets posted on soundcloud or youtube in a searchable format, can't wait to see what was created. Looking forward to story time too.
>>
File: 1478231980381.jpg (57KB, 635x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478231980381.jpg
57KB, 635x480px
>>53713371
>D20
>level system
>>
Ded.
>>
>>53755012
The only "big bad" left is the UED, and with so many planets suddenly blooming with life and supporting a biosphere, you better beleive that overpopulated Earth will want a piece of the pie. Prefferably all of it. Protoss are dangerous xenos at best, Terrans are rogue colonists to be brought ot heel and zerg are bugs to be wiped out.
Only this time, Kerrigan and wonderman Jimmy are gone, Protoss have fucked off back to Aiur and Zerg are scattered. Valerian could possibly mount a defence, but not against full might of UED - given that it was UED that introduced medics, Valkyries and apparently use beefed-up versions of everything, they will be hard to defeat.

I mean, Viking's versatility cannot compete with dedicated Valkyrie or Goliath, Medivacs are a poor marriage of medic's utility and dropship's unwieldiness, and most of Terran land vehicles are filling niches that were not really there with the original roster of units.
>>
>>53778232
>I mean, Viking's versatility cannot compete with dedicated Valkyrie or Goliath, Medivacs are a poor marriage of medic's utility and dropship's unwieldiness, and most of Terran land vehicles are filling niches that were not really there with the original roster of units.
Will never occur. Current design team will never allow the (classical) previous ones to be harder, better, faster, stronger than theirs OC donut steel units.

They'll make UED come with improved new units to deal with the threat.
>>
>>53773628
If there isn't a thread I'll make one when the story time goes up.
>>
>>53779136
But in SC2 Goliaths are still objectively better then vikings, no matter how neat transforming walker suits are, goliaths do the same but without becoming vuliner able to AA and with less micro involved. And in 2 they can upgrade to fire at land and air at the same time rather them having to pick
>>
What designs would your PC paint on their personal Goliath?
>>
I just realized that the original aesthetic of starcraft reminds me of Alien and Aliens with its rough and ready architecture.
Thread posts: 288
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.