[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you build a Persona tabletop rpg?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2394.jpg (86KB, 404x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2394.jpg
86KB, 404x507px
How would you build a Persona tabletop rpg?
>>
>>53689650
If you pop over to the ORE general we can give you our current build of our persona module.

It uses a modified version of the monsters and other childish things system, which is basically persona.

If you check the archive, the last thread was basically entirely about this question
>>
The same question every single day. Is this a meme how?
>>
Futaba is objectively best girl
>>
I'd probably not tell the players what we are playing, and have them make characters based on a Tarot card they pull randomly (I'd give them the usual meanings/traits associated with the card).

Then they'd be doing some relatively rules light mundane mystery, until shit hits the fan and their Persona's would awaken.

Then go into combat with the Persona I made up based on their character (they'd get the option to change around things about the persona after that fight to make it fit with how they see their character).

>>53689731
This is not a bad option.
>>
>>53689650
It seems like the hardest things to handle would be social links, and the long periods of time not spent fighting/moving the plot forward that happens in the games.
>>
File: MIP_Art.jpg (190KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MIP_Art.jpg
190KB, 675x1000px
>>53689650
Probably wouldn't be that difficult, I've been thinking this over lately. I'd simplify affinity to three types, high, neutral, and low. Aside from natural affinities (IE everyone having high affinity with the Fool Arcana, and males having affinity with World) I'd have the PC's pick two arcana to have high affinity with and two to have low affinity with. Borrowing the sub-persona system from Q would work well; you could choose one of your high affinities as your "main" persona, and have automatic skill sets for each arcana that take the role of a traditional class. Combat would be pretty simple to port over, grid or not. You could even bring in fusion spells if you always had set turn strucrures between the PCs and enemies. I'd simplify negotiations and just have it be based on an intelligence check like most of the early Megami Tensei games, and have the rewards be random to make it less grindy than it is in the games. Have the main persona determine the stats of its user, with levelling up being up to the speed the GM wants. I like the idea of having ultimate personae tied to the narrative, to reward the PC'S for making choices that a party that's playing it safe might not normally make. You could have sub-personae unlocked either by cards just like in the game, although a mechanic like the Velvet Room doesn't work as well in a tabletop RPG. I might just borrow the later Persona mechanic of personae being earned directly through negotiation or combat. Fusion would be easier than it sounds, you'd just have to build a calculator with the same logic as the in game one, just putting in your own personae instead. You could add in even more, but I'd keep it simple to make gameplay go easier.
>>
>>53689650
Read some of these, pick the one that works best for you.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8z4Cy1zaGU1eklUWVl6cWlVVjQ?usp=sharing
>>
>>53689650
All the players are slinks and you just do conversations.
>>
>>53690014
https://youtu.be/lZmZFAAHelQ
>>
>>53689650

The hardest part is injecting all the waifus into it without the end result becoming a cringefest of fat forty-year-old men pretending to be the little girl.

Same problem as with the Fate/Stay Night RPG and any anime setting really.
>>
I wouldn't.
Persona is awful.
>>
File: 1496108723763.jpg (26KB, 489x676px) Image search: [Google]
1496108723763.jpg
26KB, 489x676px
>>53690014
>>
>>53694821
the only correct anon

alternatively, here’s how I’d play it. get everyone to print out a picture of an anime girl they found on google images. no GM. everyone can argue about which girl is the cutest and if you convince everyone you’re right, you win but you still like persona so you lose in the grander scheme of things
>>
For real, you'd have to crib more from P3 since that is one where the party grows and interacts on their own more than relying on a singular Fool.

Making your persona is easy enough, give it an element and a weakness and some starting stats based on a pool of however many points. After that, GM picks some theme about society and all the players make their characters, a waifu, and a bro and play them all with the GM driving the overarching story.
>>
File: 1494802837395.jpg (47KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
1494802837395.jpg
47KB, 500x489px
>>53689650
Make the cat as shit as it is in the game and you're golden
>>
>>53699185
Fucking Mona
>>
File: Persona Wildcard D6.pdf (731KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Persona Wildcard D6.pdf
731KB, 1x1px
Like this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.