[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TORG Eternity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: torg.jpg (102KB, 1100x386px) Image search: [Google]
torg.jpg
102KB, 1100x386px
Torg Eternity
anyone here played glorious TORG in the 90's? the reboot looks great so far, the Kickstarter is going more than well.
A bit like Rifts but less Gonzo, and the system is very different.
links :
http://www.ulisses-us.com/games/torg/
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1216685848/torg-eternity
>>
>>53687894
I remember there was a savage worlds hack for TORG. It was pretty good.
>>
>>53687894
I remember TORG; my friend picked up most of the back catalog around the time WEG was getting bought out. My Nippon Tech ronin ended up losing a possibility battle to a mummy and I decided to roll with it and go full Indy Jones. Good times.
>>
>>53687894
Is that the crazy time-travelling game with a Cyber-Pope and Time Lord Knights?

The art looks like it's by the same artist as Savage Rifts.
>>
File: look looooook.jpg (22KB, 377x196px) Image search: [Google]
look looooook.jpg
22KB, 377x196px
>>53687894
>Aysle's Law of Enchantment generates magic items when characters get certain lucky rolls, granting them weapons, armor, or more powerful abilities!
>Rolls of 10s and 20s "explode

This sounds broken as fuck.

>Cyberwitches
>Steam-Powered Armor Knights
>Electric Samurai

This sounds fucking awesome!
>>
>>53691062
That's the one, but there's no time travel. The rulers of various realities have banded together and broken through our reality and invaded; the cosmic laws that govern each of their realities bleed over to ours at the points of contact. The PCs are charged with stopping them.
>>
File: torg back catalog.png (1MB, 680x724px) Image search: [Google]
torg back catalog.png
1MB, 680x724px
>>53691545
Oh, so it's more Dimension Warriors? Can you invade them back?

Jesus, this game must have been popular once upon a time, look at all them supplements.
>>
>>53691986
Nah, it was the 90s that was how games were made back then. Assloads of small supplements were the norm.
>>
>>53692109
So it wasn't popular?

It's making $226k on KS right now, so someone must remember it fondly.
>>
>>53692196
It wasn't popular exactly, but it was well known; the supplements sort of kept it back (each different reality had different special rules, so to properly romp around in say the Nile Empire, you needed the sourcebook for it). In hindsight, the mad Star Wars D6 money was probably keeping that game alive.
>>
>>53692196
I think the KS, like the 7th Sea one, is being fueled by 90s nostalgia and a phenomenal pdf deal. $50 for pdfs of everything old and new is a great deal. 7th Sea did a similar offer and as it had an even larger line the deal was practically stealing the pdfs.
>>
>>53693051
>was practically stealing the pdfs.
I thought that's what the DA ARCHIVE thread was for.
>>
>>53693244
The 7th Sea kickstarter worked out to about $0.75/pdf. Torg looks to be a similar deal, it has more books but the all digital package is 10 bucks more.
>>
>>53688709
If you're talking about HawaiianBrian's Savage TORG, I ran a several-year-long campaign using that hack (with some modifications of my own). It's awesome.
>>
Has anyone here actually played this game before and have any play experiences to share?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.