[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

100 Floor Tower Campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

i want to run a 100 floor tower campaign, were coming to an end of our current campaign and i want to start something a little different than traveling adventurers.

I'm starting up the brainstorming process now so nothings written up yet. what the Do's and Do Not's of giant tower games? what stories/movies can i look to for inspiration/ideas?

do you guys have any ideas of a floor you think would be cool? as well as any general advice for something in this sort of vein. like how do i handle camping and resting in here? should i have helpful NPC's? even shops castlevania style?
>>
File: 06 - UlhfUkC.jpg (109KB, 800x914px) Image search: [Google]
06 - UlhfUkC.jpg
109KB, 800x914px
>>53687341
I tried this once. The game broke up after two floors, which is more down to me just DMing badly. So I would say number one Do is "know the system", and number one Don't is "don't go into a system without knowing it".

Mine was a tower where every floor was a map based on a video game or scene from a movie. The first was the haunted basement, full of ghosts, and was based on pac man (pic related). The second floor was the lobby of the tower, and was based on the lobby from the Matrix. Outside was the courtyard, based on de_dust2. Third floor was based on the Stack from goldeneye, but we never got there.

Anyways, in a building like that you're going to have independent factions, you're going to have economies and ecologies, inter-floor rivalries, you could have the tower branch off at various points only to join back together further up, you could have entire communities spring up on the outside walls of the tower, the sky in this case is literally the limit.
>>
>>53687341
Literally Tower of Druaga, both the old game, and the anime.
>>
>>53687341
Sword Art Online was about progressing a game through a "Castle," but it was more like different levels.

I'd put some work on these, assuming they don't leave:
>Where are they getting supplies?

>Where are they sleeping?

and if they do leave ever:
>Do things come back in fewer numbers or greater?

>Can they actually leave?
>>
For ideas, read Tower of God. There is nothing, literally nothing compared to that if you are after the tower genre.
>>
>>53687680
i like the idea of them not being able to leave the tower at all. so for the first week or so their supplies last but after that they need to improvise, and lets say the GM isn't so helpful with the food so the players begin to get desperate. they might go to lengths such as trying out more "Risky" options of food like monsters they kill, mysterious fruit. or maybe even rob anyone who might be living on the floor theyre on, this may get them into big trouble if they rob another party? or the floors merchant? or if you wanna get crazy have one of the floors be a village and have them be bad guys and steal the towns food or something.

muahahah making paladins fall one at a time with minor mis-deeds
>>
>>53687755
>mis-deeds
>"Risky" options of food
>eating monsters
There's really nothing wrong or sinful in eating monsters.
>>
File: Reading a new Splat Book.png (43KB, 233x261px) Image search: [Google]
Reading a new Splat Book.png
43KB, 233x261px
>>53687755
>Implying eating monsters will make a paladin fall.
Waste not, want not.
>>
Treat it like a Megadungeon, except players go up levels rather than down. Have multiple environments, various ways to go between levels (4th floor can be accessed only via a secret passage that opens on 5th). Have different factions in the tower.

Basically, don't have it go, start on 1st floor -> beat 1st floor boss -> go to 2nd floor -> repeat. That will be a shitty game.
>>
>>53687809
>>53687827

is it not sinful to eat a sentient creature? maybe we make all the "monsters" sapient and then watch the moral dilemma muahahaha
>>
>>53687864
Does not matter. As long as you don't hunt them for meat it's morally OK. If anything eating your enemies is more responsible than leaving their corpses to rot, especially in a tight tower ecosystem where rotting corpses pose a serious threat of spreading deceases.
>>
self bump
>>
>>53687532
Stealing this shit.
>>
File: brandish1renewal.jpg (147KB, 985x1291px) Image search: [Google]
brandish1renewal.jpg
147KB, 985x1291px
>>53687341
Emulate Brandish for the psp.
>>
>>53687864
>is it not sinful to eat a sentient creature?
No? Whatever gave you that idea? Just because humans are the only sapient creatures on Earth doesn't mean there's a moral system based on that.

I would eat the fuck out of purple and green aliens even if they were sapient (you actually meant "self-aware", plants are sapient).
>>
>>53687341

That reminds of me of this off-brand CYOA book from my childhood called The Forbidden Towers.

You were an elf that had to retrieve some cure for a plague or something, and to get it you had to go into one of six towers. Each tower had its own theme, like Spiders, Hands, Teeth, Beasts, etc... Depending on how you played it, you could get taken from one tower to another at random, and it was very, very gruesome and weird to die in.

Anybody know where I could snag a pdf of something that old, actually?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.