[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 589
Thread images: 73

File: 56533-ork-burna-boy.jpg (823KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
56533-ork-burna-boy.jpg
823KB, 1600x1024px
Da boyz are back Edition

>Leaks:
https://mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata
>>
>>53687337
Anyone got a listbuilding excel/program for the new 8e point values and force org? I've been spoiled by Battlescribe.
>>
Imagine Orks being top tier
It's easy if you try
Not riptides, Scatbikes, or barkfags
Just waaaagh until you cry
>>
>>53687350
The other thread said that the first version of 8th files were up for battlescribe. Don't know where tho.
>>
Does anyone have a valid email for alpharius the recaster?
>>
Played my first small game yesterday. Power Level 33 Orks vs. Necrons.

Managed to git them off the table after turn 4 as we got stuck in quite the lengthy combat in account to him not managing to wound my boys with his warriors and them always bringing back a few dudes every turn.
>>
>>53687521
How long would you say the match lasted? Any faster when compared to 7th?
>>
>>53687498
Are you retarded?
>>
>>53687538
No I want a valid email.
>>
>>53687498
>>53687558

You mean the guy here?
https://www.reddit.com/r/yoyhammer/comments/5lf500/new_recaster_on_the_block/

I think he only uses middlemen, due to being in a country filled with secret police and all that. Honestly, I wouldn't risk it.
>>
>>53687521
I played IG vs. Necrons yesterday. They are insane! A unit of 20 warriors is god-tier
>>
How do you guys find local players? The tabletop minions guy on YouTube was talking about tinder for gamers but I don't think there is one yet. I live in Gurnee IL. There's a local Gw I'm just gonna hit up soon but I feel stupid buying a whole army before I know if there are good people to game with.
>>
>>53687558
You stupid fuck, his email is literally on reddit.
>>
>>53687595
start small with either a shadow war kill team, or even a small point army of just an HQ and 2 troops. there have been many times new people come in with low point armies who are trying out the game that i play against, and help them with rules and all that jazz. if you dont find friendly people are your local bail on it and find another
>>
File: 1495144429100.jpg (60KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495144429100.jpg
60KB, 600x900px
>10 chaos terminators
>combi-bolters and power mauls
>370pts
>prescience
>40 bolter shots and 21 melee attacks
>11 Marines, 26 Orks, and 33 guardsmen

I'm going to try this out because it's fairly cheap for a pile of 2W 2+/5++ Ld9 models that can do significant amounts of damage to units. I don't expect it to kill it's points back directly, but it will certainly be enough of a distraction to indirectly earn it's points.
>>
>>53687597
Implying I suck dicks on reddit like you. Go buy some more reddit gold, cocksucker.
>>
>>53687533
I really can't say. We didn't have much on the board, but had to spend a lot of time flipping through the datasheets and since my opponent hasn't had a chance to look into the rules before, we also spend some time on that too.
>>
>>53687594
Yeah, if you're going to pick on them, you gotta go full force or don't even try at all.
>>
>>53687595
>I feel stupid buying a whole army
There's a reason for that... Even if you have local players, it doesn't sound like you know yet whether you (a) enjoy the game, (b) enjoy painting. And even if you do like painting, having a whole untainted army is... daunting. Baby steps, anon. Start with a squad or two, a 'start collecting' box at most.
>>
>>53687594
They fall to my trusty choppas all the same. In my three games of 8th, I've yet to see something stand up to a mob of 30 sluggas with a PK nob and WAAAGH banner without breaking, either getting wiped out or losing too many models to Leadership tests.

inb4 conscripts. Haven't faced them. Our only IG player quit halfway through 6th edition.
>>
Can comissars no longer take chainswords and inquistors not take power admour?
>>
>>53687667
Inqs can't take power armor, but you can take an Ordo Malleus one in terminator
>>
My local GW store is having a 50 power level campaign directly after the release date, does this look as a viable Imperial list? It's 49 points total.
Battalion Detachment
HQ
Company Commander - 3
- Plasma Pistol
- Power Fist
Lord Commissar - 4
- Plasma Pistol
- Power Fist
TR
Militarum Tempestus Scions - 3
- Sergeant Plasma Pistol Power Fist
- 2x Meltagun
Tactical Squad - 5
- Sergeant Combi-Flamer Power Fist
- Missile Launcher
Infantry Squad - 3
- Sergeant Plasma Pistol Power Fist
- 1x Plasma gun
- 1x Vox-caster
HS
Manticore - 7
- Heavy Stubber
- Hunter-Killer Missile
Basilisk - 6
- Heavy Stubber
- Hunter-Killer Missile
Wyvern - 5
- Heavy Stubber
- Hunter-Killer Missile
36 Total
Vanguard Detachment
HQ
Tempestor Prime - 2
- Plasma Pistol
- Powerfist
EL
Command Squad - 3
- Medi-Pack
- 2x Plasma gun
- 1x Heavy Flamer
Tempestus Command Squad - 3
- Medi-Pack
- 3x Hot-Shot Volleygun
Vindicare Asssasin - 5
13 total
>>
Is the crucible of malediction free on haemonculi?
>>
>>53687702
Yeah saw that, bit of a bummer. What about commissars?
>>
File: DE7.jpg (70KB, 551x608px) Image search: [Google]
DE7.jpg
70KB, 551x608px
>>53687712
No
>>
>>53687711
just load up on every option if you want to WAAC a powerlevel game. Power level is retarded.
>>
File: Tuffruk_Burna_Boy.png (2MB, 1090x1354px) Image search: [Google]
Tuffruk_Burna_Boy.png
2MB, 1090x1354px
>>53687640
How have you kept them from getting shot apart
>>
>>53687734
Not him, but show me where the points are listed because it's not with the rest of the wargear.
>>
File: commissar.jpg (175KB, 700x674px) Image search: [Google]
commissar.jpg
175KB, 700x674px
>>53687733
They come with powerswords, but chainswords can be taken. They cost 0 pts.
>>
>>53687741
Simple - have enough of them that the majority of armies simply don't have the firepower required to kill enough
>>
>>53687711
Your formatting a shit.
>>
>>53687734
It's listed as an option, but I can't see the points for it anywhere, therefore it is free?
>>
>No reliable ways to fights hordes besides just hording up yourself or being lucky enough to have a decent ranged weapon in your army with lots of shots and spamming those
>30 Ork Boyz literally having up to 150 fucking attacks mowing down everything in their path for dirt cheap

Who thought this was a good idea? Please point me to the person.
>>
>>53687734
>>53687751
Man, this is "An inquisitor may be a psyker" all over again.
>>
File: height.jpg (156KB, 502x793px) Image search: [Google]
height.jpg
156KB, 502x793px
>>
>>53687775
No, the actual points list says it's 0. I just didn't post the image.

http://www.3plusplus.net/2017/05/imperial-guard-leaks-hammer-emperor-finally-descends-8th-edition/

Enjoy.
>>
>Make a 1500 point infantry heavy guard army.
>It has 23 units.
>I will never have the first turn.

What a terrible idea.
>>
>>53687765
>>53687741
this, I noticed it too. Most armies simply lack the volume of fire to keep Orks/Tyranids at bay, and with area weapons being gone it's going to be increasingly difficult to manage. It's going to be the machinegun edition. IG, with First Rank Fire can deal a severe amount of damage, though.

When is GW going to add in an LMG equivalent for imperial armies or a suppression mechanic?
>>
>>53687778
You can squeeze a warboss with four 30 boy squads (let's say 2 slugga and 2 shoota boy squads) a bigmek with KFF, two painboys, a nob with a banner and two squads of 10 lootas in under 1500 points.
>>
>>53687736
im in agreement, but from what ive heard from friends and people at my local game store, they like the idea of not having to count points. like, how fucking hard is it to write down points for 3 minutes then add them up on a calculator?
>>
File: Capture.png (169KB, 608x225px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
169KB, 608x225px
How the heck does "After resolving all damage, roll a D6 for every other unit within 6" of the target unit" work? Since it's after damage, there's a very, very good chance that the entire unit may be dead and no one is within 6". The damage itself may make the remaining models further than 6" away from other units.

In either case, however, that shouldn't effect how a friggin nuke like the Deathstrike Missile hits nearby targets. "Oh, you're nuke was too good, so it didn't actually hit anything around the target." Doesn't make a LICK of sense. It should specify units there "were" within 6" of the target.
>>
>>53687780
I'm literally pointing out that there is no points cost listed for the crucible, you mong.
>>
>mfw idiots defend power level because "it prevents WAAC and points are imbalanced anyway"

Are these retards unaware it's basically War Convocation free wargear, for every army, and they're opting out of it while giving the opponent the option to opt in?
>>
>>53687797
1/6 chance still my friend. or is steal the iniative gone?
>>
>>53687793
Umm, no it's not listed anywhere on the drukhari points list. Not even in the misc wargear section

And how is that link relevant to the conversation?
>>
>>53687834
And I'm agreeing while commenting that this is the same with how inquisitors don't not have to pay for optionally being psykers, you mong.
>>
>>53687702
any unit that once had multiple armour options has had them stripped out or moved to seperate statlines. This will either be a completely permanent thing ("guard ALWAYS get 5+") or more likely will be changed back to having more options when the codexes come out.
>>
>>53687838

>>53687826

It's because it's easy to blame imbalance on points. PL is not free of any of the same problems. It's just simpler.
>>
>>53687849
I'd argue that's different because it seems to be built into the inquisitor because he still get a thing for not being a psyker. This actually feels like an oversight because it's a yes/no option with literally no benefit for not taking it.
>>
Seeing OrkS fuck up Marines in that MWG video was disgusting, especially the daisy chain bullshit.

Most armies simply don't have the rate of fire to kill enough.
>>
>>53687799
I noticed it's especially painful for marines now that their bolters don't even take away our 6+ tshirt saves.

Flamers mean nothing to me. A single d6? That's 6 hits at best. Against 6 point models. Cool.
>>
File: engineer.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
engineer.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>53687872
Bring more bolters.

If that don't work, bring even more bolters.
>>
>>53687872
In fairness, that SM player had a retarded list and was playing like shit.
>>
>>53687844
Whoops, I thought you were the IG guy. Anyway thats where I found all the leaks
>>
>>53687862
>he still get a thing for not being a psyker
The "thing" is literally just a way shittier Deny The Witch Test - if you deny, the power still happens but he alone is unaffected. You strictly gain by being a psyker - both in having the power and having a better deny.
>>
>>53687597
Maybe I'm blind, because I can't seem to find it
>>
>>53687872
>daisy chain tactics
fuck that bothered me. How much of a powergamer must one be to use that kind of bullshit in a casual game? You're not going to appear cooler to the audience because you thought of that totally original and not at all rules-lawyery tactic.

>>53687887
exactly. The Centurions' twin flamers could be good with the appropriate use, but they're just too slow and expensive.

>>53687896
Also this. When you're facing a powergaming faggot you should tailor your list to face his army. The problem is, SM don't have a cheap and expendable unit to lock the Orks in combat while a rear line MGs the shit out of the rest of the force. With Overwatch still hitting on 6+, ork charges are absolutely deadly.
>>
>Want to get into 8th edition after taking a break sice 5th
>Start making armies that I feel would be fun to play and look cool on the table
>Realize horde armies are going to be the new meta
>Realize that the lists I made would get completely decimated because of the way combat works now
>Would have to make gunline armies to stand a chance at having fun and not seeing my models just disappear from a million attacks

I guess I'll pass.
>>
should have had a rule that you auto hit units over 15 or so to represent you having a very small chance to miss so many targets
>>
File: gfs_39773_3_1.jpg (14KB, 769x671px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_39773_3_1.jpg
14KB, 769x671px
>>53687926
>mfw when that dreadnought got completely devastated in one turn of combat

It's just not right I tell you.
>>
Best to take two 5 man Custodes squads or one big 10 man squad?
>>
>>53687957
600+ conscripts
>>
>>53687932
Play Dark Eldar. Hordes will never reach you because you're fast as balls.
>>
How will my Wraith Host fare in 8th ed and how should I improve it?

1995 POINTS
Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment

Wraithknight (1) - 540pts
1 Wraithknight: Suncannon and scattershield,Titanic wraithbone fists,Titanic feet

Vanguard Detachment

Spiritseer (1) - 66pts
1 Spiritseer: WitchStaff,Shuriken pistol

Wraithguard (5) - 225pts
5 Wraithguard: Wraithguard fists,D-scythe

Wraithguard (6) - 270pts
6 Wraithguard: Wraithguard fists,D-scythe

Wraithblades (6) - 312pts
6 Wraithblade: Ghostaxe and Forceshield

Wraithlord (1) - 153pts
1 Wraithlord: 2 Shuriken catapults,2 Bright lances,Ghostglaive

Wave Serpent (1) - 143pts
1 Wave Serpent: Shuriken cannon,Twin shuriken cannon

>>
>>53687957
For morale purposes, 10-man. That's 400 pts base, though. Good luck.
>>
Which armies are 'elite' in the sense of having a relatively low model count?
>>
>>53687965
And CW are faster. Seriously, wave serpents beat raiders now. Alternatively, use wyches to tarpit. That 4++, man.
>>
>>53687957

Generally speaking this edition, shooting favors smaller units and melee favors bigger units. There are exceptions to the MSU shooting when it comes to unit buffs like First rank Second rank and Acts of Faith, but melee gets no benefit to having 2 units rather than one because your opponent can potentially burn 2 CP and swing in-between two smear units that charged.
>>
File: shieldoffaith.png (37KB, 263x117px) Image search: [Google]
shieldoffaith.png
37KB, 263x117px
So I started wondering what the exact odds of the SoB's Shield of Faith successfully denying a psychic power were. Luckily it's so specific that it's simple to add up. Here are the two conditions that need to be met for it to succeed against a warp charge 5 power:

>opponent rolls exactly 5 on a 2d6 (11.11% chance, requires 1+4, 2+3, 3+2, or 4+1)
>you roll a 6 on a d6 to deny afterwards (16.66% chance)

Odds of those last two both happening is 1.85%.

If your opponent chose a power that requires a 4 or higher instead, then you have a somewhere around 5-6% chance of successfully denying it I believe. Unless warp charge 3's exist, that's all you can attempt to deny, anything that requires a 6+ or higher fails by itself or is too high to deny.

So, always take Gayfax.
>>
>>53687973
Custodes, Grey Knights, Death Watch, Primaris
>>
>>53687973

Most armies have elite builds but the ones that are always elite by nature are Grey Knights, Custodes, and Imperial Knights.
>>
>>53687975
>>53687965
Man, I mean I don't have an issue with the armies or anything but I've never looked into them so building lists for them would be completely foreign to me. No idea of their strengths or weaknesses but I'll give it a go.
>>
>>53687973
Custodes, for one. Grey Knights, too. A 10-man paladin squad with 2 psycannons and a 5-manner with 1 psyc is over 600pts. You can also do what that one jackass did and run an all-tank IG army, or do 3 renegade knights with Magnus.
>>
>>53687978

Have faith, Sister.
>>
>>53687932
you realize you are basing everything on rules that arent even officially out yet? and codex's that are going to change how ever army plays still have yet to be released? and updated rules will be released via chapter approved in the winter?
>>
Best to take two 5 man Custodes squads or one big 10 man squad?
>>
>>53687932

It's easy to pass on 8E if the last edition you played was 5E.

That's like someone who was eating turkey and bacon burgers passing on a hamburger. The rest of us were force fed horse manure for 5 years.
>>
>>53687932
>OH NO I HEARD RUMORS ABOUT THE META FROM 4CHAN WHERE PEOPLE CAN'T PLAY FOR SHIT AND ARE NEVER CORRECT ABOUT ANY GAME EVER
>BETTER NEVER PLAY AGAIN

Smarten up kid
>>
>>53687926
Can't watch the video right now.
What did he do exactly?
>>
>>53688007

I remember when /tg/ claimed Riptides were shit and too expensive. Then same thing with the Stormsurge. And original Wraithknight.
>>
>>53687994
Then I might get into the game at Christmas.
>>
>>53687972

To actually arm them that 10 man squad is 520 points.

Custodes are expensive. But they do tend to pound face in melee (at least, looking at the unit info)
>>
>>53687926
SM don't have anything killy enough in CC to deal with hordes either, unlike CSM who have berserkers.
>>
>>53688015
And Imperial Knights
>>
New player with a honest question.

Obviously I don't have game experience but there is something I want to know.

Nidzilla:

How can a playstyle with few, tough models be viable/able to work?

The entirety of the enemy's army shoots at them, even basic troops will knock off a wound or two of a Carnifex. Where am I missing Nidzilla's advantages?
>>
>>53688019
>laughing death company
>>
File: 1457681593203.jpg (385KB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
1457681593203.jpg
385KB, 1280x959px
>>53687973
Harleys. Got no idea how they play out this edition though.
>>
>>53687932
horde armies will be unwieldy, vulnerable to character sniping, and it's not hard to figure out how to make them evaporate quickly, even if you're not specifically tailored to fight them
don't listen to /tg/, anon, this shit is all theoryhammer that likely won't work out the way they think it will on the tabletop
Plus, the majority of players still do what you do, "making armies that I feel would be fun to play and look cool on the table," and WAACfags are quickly shunned in most LGS and clubs outside of the tournament crowd.
>>
>>53687926
Ironically enough the horde armies themselves have best options for putting out volume of fire themselves. You need lots of shots, not a few big shots.

If the skitarii cancer guns hadn't been nerfed, they'd be ideal.
>>
>>53688007
I'm not reading rumors from /tg/, I'm pretty sure that'll be the meta just seeing the strengths and very few weaknesses of hordes right now.

I know what kinda armies I like and they just won't work against those armies and I play vs very waac fag players who will no doubt jump on the meta bandwagon. Everyone I know is talking horde this horde that.

I absolutely hate fighting horde armies and if that's all I see and it makes me make lists that I know I won't enjoy just to not be rolled why start playing? It'll be a waste of hundreds of dollars at this point.
>>
>>53688030

Nidzilla was a top build in 5th edition. It was struggling in 6E and 7E. It's not as good as using gants and gaunts in 8E, but it's better than it was in 5E and is viable. However you likely won't want to be using devourers on everything.

There aren't really any advantages to playing Nidzilla in 8E over using smaller models and even the medium guys like Warriors. The only advantage you'd have is the statlines of the monstrous creatures, which is why it's not as good as those other builds. But it's not bad by any means.
>>
>>53688049
Cry more retarded little baby.
>>
>>53688031
Oh right, I forgot about unique snowflake marine chapters.
>>
File: June7RumourEngine.jpg (52KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
June7RumourEngine.jpg
52KB, 750x750px
This looks like a lion pelt or something right?
>>
>Another guy who hasn't played since 5th
>Wants to pick up starter and go a whole army of new upscaled marines
>Blood Angels current favourite for which chapter
>Like the idea that the new guys are reinforcing and rebuilding the broken and battered chapters (I think BAs count after their homeworld was attacked by a hive fleet?)

What am I doing right/wrong?
>>
>tfw bought 37 cultists for $43.90

Ebay is a helluva drug
>>
>>53688057

Not really, but there was a straight up fucking lion head in the earlier rumor engine.
>>
File: IMG_0277.png (6MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0277.png
6MB, 1536x2048px
>>53687761
For the standard commissar it says it can take up to two from the melee weapons list, and all that is listed is various power weapons, so it seems chainswords aren't available. They also lost krak and frag grenades
>>
>>53688055
I seem to have upset you for not getting into the game you enjoy. Why is this?
>>
>>53688049
Use fortifications, then
>>
>>53688060
Nothing. That's the whole concept behind Primaris marines. Only thing you're missing out on is all the old BA unique stuff, and you're going to have to wait for a while for BA Primaris shit.

BA are no strangers to begging for reinforcements. They almost went extinct on at least two separate occasions and in one of them were almost disbanded entirely until their successors changed their minds and gave them their recruits instead.
>>
>>53688008
formed a conga line ov evenly spaced orks 2" from one another linking the remaining 15 or so boyz to Ghazgkull, totalling in at 5 attacks each.

5 S4 attacks each. Let that sink in. without a bonus they are still 3 attacks due to lolchoppa, then they gain one more for being in a large unit (20+?) and another one for Ghazgkull. a 25-strong unit has an output of 125 S4 attacks, wounding anything below T8 on a 5+.

People complained when 20 gauss shots ate wounds on a 6.

>>53688019
>dealing with the above-mentioned bullcrap
>in CC

yeah, nah. What's needed imho are ground-attack flyers or Leman Russ Punisher fleets. This way of managing CC means that to counter MOAR attacks you need MOAR shots, and thus the powercreep never stops. It wouldn't be that bad if the "anything wounds everything" thing wasn't a thing (or if there was a mechanic that reduced effectiveness of non-anti-tank weapons against armor, for example), but things look grim for any list other than hordes right now.
>>
>>53688069
>sniper rifle
>cannot be taken by rough riders
Aw.
>>
>>53688090

The conga line aura thing is legitimate. Expect to see a lot of retarded deployments resembling spiders/spoked wheel/octopus/sun
>>
>>53688008

Put his unit of orks in a vertical line, so that his fighting units received the bonuses from Ghazghkull and a Painboy.

Except it's not how Ghazghkull works because you have to be charging to get his bonus, but reading the rules is hard for MWG.
>>
>>53688080
I love the Baal predators. I'm not really sure if Primaris guys will use any of the old vehicles or if it's supposed to be all and only new things like that hover tank, but I'd like one or two Baals and land raiders.

There are also some cool chaplain and termi characters, but I guess those won't fit with the all primaris theme at all.

As I understand it helmets and shoulderpads are cross compatible, so those little upgrade sprues will be super helpful (once the multi part primaris come out)
>>
Tfw have around 71 models in TSons list while orks have about the same in a 500 points list
>>
>>53688099
I'm not so sure. You pass buffs around doing that, but you also make it so like half the unit isn't in range with their guns/can't get close enough to fight on the turn they charge.
>>
>>53688110

The Blood Angels have sole possession of the fast Rhino engine STC, so the only way Primaris marines would have those is after linking up with the BA. Guilliman should be able to provide them with Land Raiders though.
>>
If you hit an Ork boy with a 6+ save with a -1 or more AP weapon does that mean they get no save or does the Ork still get a 6+ save?
>>
>>53688099

I would hope that they would patch things up in a FAQ by making the obvious change from units to models in the wording.
>>
>>53688051

So 8th is the mass army edition?

I stay by my big bugs and have to see how it works. Thanks for your reply
>>
>>53688143

The wording is intended, which is why the ranges are now generally 6" instead of the old 12".
>>
>>53688140
Save is gone.

I'd worry more about conscripts. Imperial Guard at least has other viable units in their army, and easy ways to ally in other stuff.
>>
>>53688140
They roll a d6 and subtract 1 from the result. Effectively requiring a 7+, so there's no point to rolling.
>>
>>53688140
They would then get a 7+ save. As you can not possibly get a 7+ on a d6 its no save basically.
>>
>>53688166
>"Oh ye of little faith."
>"HRRRRRRRRRRRNG!"
>*furiously rolls dice*
>the d6 has 7 pips on its face
>"THE EMPEROR PROTECTS"
>>
>>53688152
I am wondering if >>53688121 is not right also if the "tendril unit" is shot and the player removes units from the base of the tendril he risks exposing the blob while if the unit is removed from the front you effectively lose range. I think it is a valid tactic but not flawless at all
>>
>>53688166
Wrong.

Rules say that a 1 always fails and a 6 always succeeds. So you would live.

If you were right, terminators in cover would have a 1+ save which is crazy
>>
>>53688145
Big bugs are fine, a few small bugs are good for holding objectives or tying up an enemy squad long enough for you to focus it down. Exocrines are good, as are trygons, Carnifexes can make a surprisingly good linebreaker with OOE and two or three more, Flyrants are still incredible, the only mediocre to shit big bugs i can think of are the maleceptor, tyrannofex and mawloc. People seem divided on the Haruspex, too, and it does cost a bomb, but i'm going to wait to see how it performs on the table before judging.
>>
>>53688090
He got the rule wrong, Ghazkull only grants +1A on the charge, but he used it every turn.
He also rolled to hit with his PK Nobz on a 3+, when it should've been 4+, and re-rolled misses with his Warbikes, which they don't do anymore.
>>
>>53688183
>a 6 always succeeds

It doesn't even fucking say that you fucking liar. It straight up says you need to roll a roll equal to or higher than the armor save, which just got turned into a 7.
>>
>tested 8e against someone today
>they brought a detachment of six Deathstrike Missiles
>fml.jpg
>>
>>53688198
Then explain why terminators in cover are 1+

Explain why a 3str lasgun can wound a land raider on a 6
>>
>>53688199
>six meme missiles
How quickly did you table him?
>>
>>53688198
alright, but take Ghazgkull away and you still have a 25-strong unit outputting 100 S4 attacks that can wound anything. Which was called bullshit way back when Necrons did it.
>>
All you need to do to fix 8th edition is...

>Allow weapons damage to carry over
>Adjust weapons damage profiles to balance the new change
>Give weapons that make no sense of slashing to other models a special rule preventing it, like lance weaponry (lascannon, dark lances, etc)

There. Horde armies have a counter and old template weapons make sense again.
>>
>>53688212

I don't need to explain shit you dumbass, the rules say what they fucking say. And they don't say 6's always succeed.
>>
>>53688212
For your second argument it's because that's the way the wounding system works no the save system.
>>
>>53688212
>Then explain why terminators in cover are 1+

Never said 1's don't fail

>Explain why a 3str lasgun can wound a land raider on a 6

Because the wound chart has nothing to do with the rules for armor saves?

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>53688212
Because 1's are an auto fail, but 6's don't auto succeed. Lasguns can wound tanks because the str vs toughness chart doesn't have an upper limit.
>>
>>53688212
It says rolls of 1 always fail, but does not say rolls of 6 always succeed.
Terminators in cover get a 1+ save, but still fail it on a 1. Effectively they ignore the first point of AP against them by being in cover, as it reduces their save to 2+, which is the same thing as 1+.
A s3 shot can wound a land raider on a 6 because that's how the to-wound chart reads.
>>
>>53688219
Huge news everyone, this poster here claims lasguns don't wound on a 6+ vs tough shit.

And apparently Orks don't survive on a 6+ armour save.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (146KB, 499x784px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
146KB, 499x784px
>>53688212

If there is any justice in this universe, the act of posting why you are so blatantly wrong and retarded should have enough karmic effect to strike you down on the spot.

Alas, I can only tell you to kys and hope you follow through
>>
File: 1496685509900.png (410KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1496685509900.png
410KB, 800x533px
>>53687932
you'z a grot
>>
>>53688242
A 6+ armor save hit by an AP-1 weapon is a 7+ armor save you dipshit
>>
>>53688183
It says a roll of 1 on a saving throw always fails. It does not say a roll of 6 always succeeds.

Point to where it says whatever you are saying in the rulebook if you think otherwise.
>>
>>53688214
I got tabled, he dealt too many mortal wounds, got two of them off on turn 2 with lucky rolls of 6, got another two off turn 3, and another one off on turn 4.
Also I fucked up my positioning a but, lost more units to the weird 6" splash damage effect than I needed to.
>>
>>53688250
Yes it is. And a terminator in cover is s 1+ save.

For same reason terminators die in cover to 1s, orks live on a 6+ cover save
>>
>>53688268

And what reason is that, you dumbass? That the rules say 1 fail and say nothing about 6's succeeding for armor saves?
>>
>>53688272
Just stop responding
>>
>>53688268
>For same reason
>"if you roll an amount equal to your armor save, you pass, unless it's a 1"
>"if you roll an amount equal to your armor save, you pass, if it's not a 1"
>same reason
>same reason
>same reason

hue
>>
>>53688272
1s always fail, 6s always succeed.

A lasgun would not otherwise be able to wound knights and so on.
>>
>>53688242
The rules state 6+ wounds anything on the table of strength v toughness, a roll of 6 doesn't always pass an armour save.
You need a certain roll to pass an armour save and there are modifiers such as cover and AP.
A roll of 1 always fails a saving throw, a roll of 6 does not always pass.
>>53688286
Wounds and saves aren't the same thing dumbass.
>>
>>53688286
>6s always succeed.

Post where.

inb4 he points at the wound table
>>
Difference in power rating/points for attackers and defenders in a planetstrike game?
>>
>>53688286

So Bolt Rifles are only S4 so the Ork passes his armor save at 4+ because the S is equal to his T right?
>>
>>53688268
For obvious reasons nothing in the game is allowed to reach a 1+ save under any circumstance. That is why there is a rule saying saves of 1 always fail.

There is no need for a rule to make 6s on saves autopass. There would be no point to any model in the game having a 6++ save if this was a rule. Weapons can completely negate a model's armor save to the point where you simply skip the save step and go straight to damage. Guardsmen flak will never save a model from a melta.
>>
>>53688307
Wound table, rules that say you can't be brought below 1 of a stat.

By your logic, with debuffs from Death Guard and so on to your WS/BS, you could end up somewhere where you need a 7+ to hit. That's not real though.
>>
>>53688293
>>53688307
>>53688323
He's just pretending to be retarded anons, stop responding.
>>
>>53688333
There are models that have a 7+ armor save by default.

You never roll those unless you have modifiers to buff it.
>>
40k general continues its trend of being piss easy to bait.
>>
>>53688333
>you could end up somewhere where you need a 7+ to hit. That's not real though.
Yes it is. There is no rule stating that a 6 to Hit always succeeds. Furthermore, there are units with 7+ armour saves, so we know saves can be modified to be too high to make normally.
>>
>>53688339
>I was only pretending to be retardded!!11
Fuck off
>>
>>53688327
>flak will never save melta.

>lasguns wound land raiders

How do you hold such contradictory views, must be hard.

Also seeing quite a few people here believing it too. An FAQ seems in order.
>>
>>53688356
I'm pretty sure you're just shitposting at this point but just in case.
A lasgun can wound a land raider because the wound table says it can, not because 6's always succeed is a general rule.
>>
>>53688355
>pretending to be retarded about someone pointing out that another anon is pretending to be retarded
we've reached a new low
>>
looking to expand my IG motor pool
what is better right now, chimera or taurox?
>>
>>53688385
Taurox prime
>>
Am i right in thinking that a model can consolidate after fighting into within 1 inch of a different unit should that unit be the closest?
>>
File: 1495608823320.jpg (50KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495608823320.jpg
50KB, 457x480px
>>53688199
>somewhere out there there is an IG player insane enough to own 6 deathstrikes
>and field them in a single game

what a time to be alive

He better have said "THE HOUR IS NIGH!" as the first missile launched
>>
>SERGEANT EQUIPMENT
>Up to two weapons can be chosen from the following list:
>[list1]
>One weapon can be chosen from the following list:
>[list2]
Can I take 2 weapons from the first list and 1 from the second?
Can my Tactical squad sergeant get a Thunderhammer, a plasma-pistol and a combi-flamer at the same time? (I don't care if it's a cost-effective choice, I'm just wondering if I understand the rule right.)
>>
File: 5gdUkyj.png (87KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
5gdUkyj.png
87KB, 352x240px
>>53688199
>>
>>53688438
Technically he could but he only has two weapons he can replace.
>>
>>53688385
depends, Chimera is tougher and can carry more dudes

taurox is cheapish, has good dakka, and is crazy fast.

Taurox prime destorys both with it's baby punisher cannon, but it's only for stormtroopers.
>>
>>53688428
yes
I think they even said so on the community website
doesn't count as a charge though
>>
>>53688428
Yes.
The rules explicitly say that you can only not move into 1" during the movement phase.
>>
>>53688428
Correct.

>>53688438
Depends on which is "May replace X (and/or Y) with something from List A" and which is "May take up to Z number from List A"
>>
>>53688434
I let him proxy chimera chasis for them honestly. He did though.
>>
>>53688452
>The Space Marine Sergeant may replace his bolt pistol and boltgun with items from the Sergeant equipment list.
So you're saying he replaces [his bolt pistol] and [his bolter], individually, not [his bolt pistol and boltgun] with [items] (undetermined number of them).
>>
>>53688468
dishonorable, but in his defense I honestly don't think he expected it to work.

He'll probably never have the stars align like that for his list again.

That's like expecting your conscripts to pull AA duty and drop a hell turkey on the first turn.
>>
>>53688486
Correct. It's just set up so you can't double down on combi's.
>>
>>53688493
So I can get 2 bolt pistols, or 2 chainswords, but only one combi-weapon + one item of the first list. Gotcha.
Seems logical, but I would have loved to get chainsword + bolt pistol + shoulderstraped bolter sergeants.
>>
>>53688491
it does like 3d6 mortal wounds and d3 mortal wounds to units withing 6" of the unit he hit, he got 4 of the attacks off.
Did we do a rule wrong or is there something I'm not getting about the power of these missiles?
>>
Overlord
-Warscythe
-Resurrection Orb
2 Crypteks
14 Warriors
14 Warriors
10 Immortals (Tesla)
5 Deathmarks
5 Scarabs
2 Annihilation Barges
Doomsday Ark

1500 Points

I am not a robot.
>>
File: 1477924964894.jpg (35KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1477924964894.jpg
35KB, 500x418px
>>53688550
>I am not a robot
>>
>>53687872
The way the dread died to choppas was heart wrenching
>>
what are /tg/'s recommended house rules for 8th edition? Mainly to deal with horde bias and the like?

>wounds carry over
>Overwatch is just a -1 to hit rolls much like heavy weapon on-the-move penalties
>?
>>
How do understrength units work in matched play, if at all?
Do I still buy three crisis suits even if I can only field two?
>>
>>53688550
2nd cryptek seems like a waste and I'm not sold on min deathmarks as they don't seem reliable enough to down a character before they're killed themselves, especially without any support.
>>
>>53688598
>what are the recommended house rules for a game barely anyone has blame yet

Gee, I don't know.
>>
File: 1361814687198.png (96KB, 394x294px) Image search: [Google]
1361814687198.png
96KB, 394x294px
>>53688594
YOU'Z TAKEN DA PISS FER SO MANY EDISHUNS, NOW IZ DA TIME OV DA ORK!
>>
>>53688598
If somebody fields an army with more than 150 models, his opponent is allowed to shove a dice up that person's ass.

That should teach those filthy WAACfag horde spammers !
>>
File: 1421122064028.gif (75KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1421122064028.gif
75KB, 1200x1200px
>>53688643
Get Krumped, 'umie.
>>
What do anons consider the best way to run a Helbrute these days?

I can certainly see the appeal of Scourge+Fist and just tearing new orifices, but that wouldn't really get the maximum use out of the Crazed rule.

The twin lascannon seems like it could be the way to go to over the Reaper autocannon. I dunno, what do you lot think?
>>
>>53688605
>Do I still buy three crisis suits even if I can only field two?
Exactly. And you can only field one understrength unit.
>>
Deldar drugs question;

What do you take on the succubus? I'm angling towards +1 attack since strength is redundant (strength 5 with the Glaive) and not sure how the weapon skill one will effect the Glaive. Does the increased weapon skill from drugs counter the -1 to hit with the Glaive?

What do you take on your wyches? I ran them with strength last game but realised I should have given strength to my Hellions midway through for that sweet sweet str 5 with hellglaive and stunclaw.

Tl;Dr what combat drugs go on what
>>
>>53688684
>Does the increased weapon skill from drugs counter the -1 to hit with the Glaive?
I'd say so
>>
>>53688454
so is this scion edition for the IG?
>>
>>53688714
It's between scions and blobguard it would seem, at least until the full codex comes out and vets hopefully get their doctrines back.
>>
Wondering if someone could help me out here. Gonna get into the game. Looking to run IG and using 1 or 2 of the Start Collecting boxes as a core to work off from.

I want to run the guardsmen from them as Veterans with special weapons. Any idea where to find plasma guns and meltas?
>>
>>53688684
They both give you the same average amount of hits on the succubus, so attacks will be better as you get that potential for more damage.

Wyches is going to depend a lot on what you spend the other drugs on.
>>
>>53688730
Go into your local store on a day when grognards are there and ask if they have any in their bits boxes, if they are decent and share buy them a paint pot or what have you. Either that or go on ebay and search for chinacast fw weapon packs
>>
>>53688730
Ebay
>>
>>53688679
First rule of chaos dreads is always have a gun and a melee weapon for when crazed goes off. As for which melee weapon, fist and scourge fill different niches, personally liking the scourge for it's large amount of attacks. Las and autocannon are meant to target different things so grab whichever fills what your list might be missing. Thirdly, magnetize the model if you haven't built it already so you can try different builds and be WYSIWYG
>>
>>53688730
You could just use the plasma and meltagun sets GW sells. They're meant for marines, but if you chop off the one hand attached to them they should work just fine for IG models.

Search for Plasma Guns/Melta Guns on GW's site, they're easy to find.
>>
>>53688684
>>53688732
Although I will add that units will benefit more from extra attacks so it might be prudent to stick the WS buff on the succubus.
>>
>>53688732

Yeah I didn't think it would amount to much, unless there are units that can reduce the number of attacks the succubus can make.

I'm intending to run the Succubus with a squad of wyches as a body guard, a 20 blob of Hellions with +strength. Maybe a reaver squad for headhunting characters in higher points
>>
>>53688756

Yeah I thought that too but I don't think wyches will be hurting a great deal, mostly locking down units with their ability.
>>
>>53688745
What size magnets would I need?
>>
>>53688774
If you want them to tarpit slap the +1 toughness on. A good rule of thumb is that the less attacks you have the better + attack will be compared to WS.
>>
What is the thinking on putting shock prowls on dark elder skimmers? Seems like it'd be worth it for the points.
>>
whats the heavy weapon to stick onto a infantry squad?

i currently have an auticannon, but is the missile launcher also good?
i dont have enough models to specialize into pure anti-tank, but most people in my flgs will carry at least a transport
>>
>>53688730
since you're new this might be worth mentioning : plasma bits for cadians come in the command squad box , but it's only 1 plasma and 1 melta (also 1 heavy flamer)
otherwise , i got quite a few of mine of bits sellers (don't forget to buy the matching left arm if you do since they don't line up with the normal guard arm)
also gw still sells some metal cadian heavy weapon dudes last time i checked.
Personally i like the old sculpts better but the fact they're metal might be a downside for you
>>
>104 euros for all the paint I need

this is it. the moment when I go bad.
>>
>>53688679
You can have the fist, scourge and a heavy flamer if you want a complete melee monster and it still gets full benefit from crazed.
>>
>>53688775
4-6mm ought to do the job. The kit is not like a marine though so have some green stuff and sprue to build places to put the magnet on the weapons. A lot of the joins are wavy.
>>
>>53688800
The missile will do more damage to t7 vehicles and t3 infantry whereas the autocannon hits the midrange and tougher vehicles better.
>>
>>53688813
What are you painting, the gay pride?
L2mix paints mate, juste take white, black and the colors you really need.
>>
>>53688217
ork player here. I like that, because I love running big fucking blobs, and it's kinda not fun if the enemy can't take you out.
Blobs are all about losing 20 or so shitty units every turn, because they are easily replaceable, man.
>>
>>53688831
>he thinks that white+color=highlight and black+color=shade for every single color
Don't give advice if you don't know what you're talking about
>>
How out-of-scale will existing PAULDRONS (e.g. Deathwatch ones) be on the chads?

Also: helmets, same question.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>53687337
the thumbnail made it look like DAT BOI had a cowboy hat :(
>>
>>53688883
It was said by GW that the primaris marines where designed to use the same pauldrons as regular marines so they should fit fine. I think helmets are also interchangeable.
>>
>>53688883
Chadmarines were specifically made compatible with all existing helmets and pauldrons. Those are the ONLY parts from current kits they are compatible with, though.
>>
File: 1485895676899.jpg (28KB, 413x446px) Image search: [Google]
1485895676899.jpg
28KB, 413x446px
>>53688884
Please don't say something like that again, anon.
>>
>>53688887

I run guard and only ever would field marines in like a small Deathwatch/LotD/GK unit so making them look truescale(...ish) next to Cadians is actually a good thing for me.

No pre-installed base to break compatibility with.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (97KB, 629x506px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
97KB, 629x506px
Does a grot oiler/orderly count towards transport capacity in 8th?
i.e. if I give my mek an oiler, do I have to kick 2 boyz off a battlewagon to accommodate the mek's "unit"?
>>
>>53688825
so autocannons against MEQs?
>>
>>53688906
Yeah the extra shot is better over the extra AP and the damage is irrelevant.
>>
>>53688905

Do they have a statline? If they don't (IIRC they're walking re-roll counters) they can't possibly count.
>>
>>53688932
They have a statline. As do ammo runts.
So by that logic the "flash gitz in a wagon" ensemble takes a slight nerf.

Damn I'm not kicking out an extra boy just for 1 measly repair. I was looking forward to building the little bastard too.
>>
>play csm
>specifically Word Bearers

so I guess I'm fucked this edition if they dont release a new csm codex with legion rules soon
>>
>>53688947
Why exactly ? I mean it's not like there weren't any Word Bearer players between codex CSM 3.5 and the Traitor Legions supplement.

If you need a book to hold your hand all the way because you lack the imagination to come up with anything yourse-
>Word Bearers
ooooooooh ... nevermind, yeah your fucked mate, cya never again I guess.
>>
>>53688945
Keep in mind the runts also act as an extra wound for whatever they're accompanying, they test against wounds at the toughness of the unit they're attached to, and if the transport blows up, you can assign casualties to runts first.
>>
>>53688945
Oh? I assumed they dont count. Similarly to how they dont count towards morale
>>
How are Tyranids fairing with the new rules? Getting back into 40k after years away and torn between returning to Black Templar (my original faction from years ago, though I sold my stuff,) a making Hive Fleet Giger Tyranids, or doing an idea I had for a marine list that runs no tac squads, and relies on Scouts as basic infantry, with the fluff being that early its life the chapter lost a large number of marines, and alongside that also larges amounts of power armor. As a result, they adapted to light infantry tactics, and now power armor is reserved for veterans and certain specialists. Relies heavily on land speeders, bikes, and also uses a modified Razorback that mounts lascannon sponsons in place of Predators to make up for some lost gear, and whatnot.

Tyranids have been really growing on me but I dunno, curious how they're doing.
>>
>>53689012
Top tier.

Current top 3 looks to be:

Imperial Guard
Orks
Tyranids

In roughly that order.
>>
>>53689012
Nids are good. The new edition really favours horde gameplay, but nidzilla's workable too. As for marines, they're pretty good and very versatile.
>>
>>53689042
Looking at IG makes me want to start a Scions army tbqh
>>
DA lost rad and stasis grenades.

Why even take the grenade launcher now?
>>
>>53689042
>>53689045
Well hot damn, I wanted to run a horde of black-carapace elongated headed hormagaunts so that might be good.

Assault in the new edition seems viable, I heard it was less so in previous ones, hmm..
>>
>>53688947
>play space marines
>specifically Imperial Fists

so I guess I'm fucked this edition if they dont release a new sm codex with chapter rules soon
>>
>>53689058
>just ordered a scion start collecting box
i feel vindicated now, i initially took them because they looked cool
>>
>>53689077
No more so than the rest of the codex chapters. Quit yer bitching, papa dorn disapproves
>>
>>53689042

I beat IG pretty convincingly last night in a 1000 point game as Dark Eldar, they didn't seem that bad. He only had 40 conscripts though.

His list was:
Creed
Master of Ordinance
Conscripts
Basilisk, Wyvern, Manticore all together with the master
Couple heavy weapon squads
Couple of other squad dudes with vox casters
A Devildog/Bane wolf and the other one.

My dark lances blew up his basilisk and bane wolf killing some key characters with D3 wounds and wounding other stuff low enough to reduce they're effect.
>>
I might be retarded, but where the fuck do I find points values?
>>
Just back from a game of my 2k Tau vs Orks with 8th.

The 'nerf' isn't real. Tabled the orks on turn 4. His hordes just got shredded by tons of fire warriors.
>>
>>53688534
>it does like 3d6 mortal wounds
That hit on 4's.

That you can't even fire unless you get a lucky roll.
>>
I started collecting about a year ago with the idea in mind of allying an Eldar and an Ork force, with the fluff in mind being that the Eldar are a renegade splinter of Iyanden that's manipulating the Orks to fight for them with the promise of dakka/loot/good fights/teef etc. I just dropped about £100 on my first Orks about 2 months ago, and now if I'm reading the allies keyword thing right I can't take a detachment of both in the same army? Am I reading the rules right?
>>
>>53687778
>30 Ork Boyz literally having up to 150 fucking attacks mowing down everything in their path for dirt cheap
30 of those attacks are BS 5+ pistols
This is exactly the same number of attacks they get now when charging
For exactly the same price they pay now
Kill 11 of those boys and they lose their extra attacks
Kill 19 in one turn and the rest run away
They move D6+5" per turn
You can back off while firing heavy weapons now
They have at best 5+ saves
Even if they get teleported 10" away from your dudes, you should get two rounds of shooting plus overwatch or striking first if you charge them

If you're not struggling against ork boys in 7th edition, you shouldn't in 8th edition either
>>
>>53689171
You are correct, and thankfully so.
>>
>>53688979
Good point, but still. Is that re-roll really worth the loss of an entire git?

Transitioned most of my current list over to 8th. Am I right in thinking you pay for the cost of the unit plus weapons? I.e. I pay for a trukk then add the cost of the mandatory big shoota on top? Can anyone vouch if the following is correct?

Patrol: 1249 points total

Warboss on Warbike: slugga, power klaw

Mek: kustom mega slugga, choppa
Runtherd: grabba stikk, squig hound

19 Boyz: 17 shootas, 1 big shoota
inc. Boss Nob: kustom shoota, big choppa
12 Boyz: slugga, choppa
inc. Boss Nob: slugga, power klaw
10 Gretchin: grot blastas

Trukk: big shoota, wreckin' ball

7 Warbikers: slugga, choppa
inc. Boss Nob: slugga, big choppa
5 Warbuggies: rack of rokkits

Battlewagon: deff rolla
>>
>>53689171
Only if you are following all the rules for matched play. Ask your opponent if they are okay with it (they should be since you are doing the opposite of powergaming)
>>
>>53689175
except they get to go first when they charge
and they hit better with the new WS
>>
File: 654784916194813.gif (679KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
654784916194813.gif
679KB, 400x273px
9 decides which chapter I paint my primaris from the starter set as
>>
>>53689189
>Sub 30 boy squads
>Trukks
Anon what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>53687838
>they're opting out of it
Are they? Who runs units without upgrades except for those of us who try to optimise points cost? Typical kids will glue every big special gun possible onto their models.
>>
>>53689209
Rainbow Warriors
>>
>>53689171
In 7e they're "desperate allies", meaning you can include detachments or formations of both in the same army but they can't really interact with each other at all -- if they get too close, they have to make a 2+ test or be unable to act.

In 8e I have no idea, I haven't seen the rulebook.
>>
>>53689219
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOUUUUU
>>
>>53689182
>Trying to balance out an OP army with a shit one whilst using fluff to justify it is somehow a bad thing

Shig

>>53689190
Yeah, I can probably swing that, my group is pretty chill. But from what I hear Orks are gonna be OP in 8E, and Eldar already have a bad reputation as the masters of bullshit rules. S'pose I'm just gonna have to play it a few times and see if it's as bad as it seems, and if so abandon the idea. Thanks for the input tho.
>>
>>53689156
>The 'nerf' isn't real
>tons of fire warriors.

But anon, 'real' Tau players don't even have Firewarriors. They got nothing but Riptides, and maybe some other suits.
>>
>>53689171
You can only do that outside of matched play.
A list like that would be fine using narrative rules.
>>
>>53689171
>>53689229
>I had an utterly retarded idea
>it's not legal in 8th
>this is all GW's fault
>>
File: Grifballer14db4e703b6049t.jpg (14KB, 238x277px) Image search: [Google]
Grifballer14db4e703b6049t.jpg
14KB, 238x277px
>>53689219
You beat me to it. Excellent work anon !
>>
>>53689209
Red Hunters
Im sure in ]II[ would love a chance to have some faceless, moralless, goons at their disposal
>>
File: 1474349329664.png (829KB, 1009x728px) Image search: [Google]
1474349329664.png
829KB, 1009x728px
>playing a game of 8th with someone from local store
>he pokes the tip of a tread of a land raider out from behind a wall and fires all 4 of his lascannons and his 2 heavy bolters from the tread
>it gets to sit there enjoying a 2+ from the cover bonus while blocking line of sight from most everything and still fires all its weapons without penalty
>all of this is approved and encouraged by the new rules
Quality edition here lads. Truly this is the golden age of 40k and has saved us from the desolate abhorrent wasteland that was 7th
>>
>>53689211
Some mad max shit, nigga.
>>
>>53689241
Not that guy, but it isn't *that* bad an idea. Eldar manipulating Orks has happened a lot in the 40k universe.
>>
Can models draw line of sight through friendly infantry models that are in different units?
Would prefer to use ranked guard infantry squads rather than conscripts.
>>
>>53689266
>Eldar manipulating Orks has happened a lot in the 40k universe
Yes they manipulated them to go fight something.

They didn't manipulate to march off to war with them side by side.
>>
File: ultra-marines-legion.jpg (106KB, 749x328px) Image search: [Google]
ultra-marines-legion.jpg
106KB, 749x328px
So it's no secret that Hordes are OP in this edition and the new way to WAAC.

The talks of Boyz, Conscripts and Termagants but has anybody considered manlet hordes?

I've got about 120+ odd Space Marine models and fielding them all just seems stupidly good. 120 Marines is about 1500 points so you can spend the other 250-500 on upgrades, hqs, dreads, whirlwind spam or whatever else.

Benefits over weaker horde spam.

>Even Tougher to kill with anti horde weapons.
>Higher leadership AND ATSKNF so morale isn't as much of an issue.
>More options for MSU
>Bolters are more effective than lasgun equivalents , and you can throw in missile/plasma spam to taste.
>Easier to move around the tabletop

What's not to love. Marine hordes assemble.
>>
>>53689136
In the index books
>>
File: 1496282700806.jpg (422KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496282700806.jpg
422KB, 1280x960px
How do I combat the green tide as Custodes?
My Bananas aren't really equipped to remove 90 Boyz from the board before they reach me and punch me 5000 times
Ally in some Stormravens?
Ally in some Taurox with 20 dakka? Tempestus Scions for 4 Hotshot volleygun squads?
>>
Thinking of doing a gotta go fast eldar bikes, wave serpents and fire prism all with star engines and scatterlasers/shuriken cannons....how well do you think id fair?
>>
>>53689285
>marine hordes become viable in 40k
>still unviable in 30k (supposedly Marine Hordes: The Game) due to all the artillery
Oh I am laffin.
>>
>>53689285
thing is hordes dont care about morale either
orks have their LMAO 30 LD
conscripts can be killed by comissars so that they pass their morales
nids had something as well
>>
>>53689285
Is this actually the whole chapter?
>>
>>53689261
Doesn't this edition still use true line of sight? So the land raider would have to be able to see with its weapons to shoot and since it can't if blocked by terrain it can't shoot.
>>
>>53689275
Original guy here, even though it might have been a little retarded from a fluff perspective, the intent behind it was to balance out the OP Eldar with the shit-tier Orks. And now they are both good and op respectively, or that's what it looks like so far. So, as I said, if it turns out to be game-breakingly op of an alliance, I'll abandon the idea. I was just a little peeved that I spend £100 on a now-unusable concept.

And man, I was going to go full out with the conversions. I had a plan for a Vyper with an Ork gunner that had duct-taped all 5 of the Eldar heavy weapons onto the top rack, with one grot hanging off his back with ammo clips, and another clinging to the side of the Vyper with a brush in his hand painting it red. And the driver pinching his nose in exasperation. Ah well, lost hope I guess.
>>
>>53689077
>if they dont release a new sm codex [...] soon
1 codex every 2 must be a sm codex so you're in luck
>>
>>53689318
Yes.
>>
>>53689261
land raiders already have 2+ saves though.

I smell bullshit
>>
>>53689334
But making eldar not OP in 7th was really simple:
>don't spam wraithknights and scatterbikes you fuck
No need for convoluted ally shenanigans.
>>
>>53689261
I'm still not 100% sure on this one.
The only thing the rulebook says about drawing LoS:
>In order to target an enemy unit, a model from that unit must be within the Range of the weapon being used (as listed on its profile) and be visible to the shooting model. If unsure, stoop down and get a look from behind the shooting model to see if any part of the target is visible.
Is the target "visible" if you can only draw LoS from one tread of the tank? The rule seems ambiguous.
>>
>>53689318
I don't even see a chapter master there so I doubt it.
>>
>>53689350
Just means they can ignore -1 rend
>>
File: 20170608_212824.jpg (1MB, 1605x1138px) Image search: [Google]
20170608_212824.jpg
1MB, 1605x1138px
So I found my old Genecult limo and I want to update it for 8e to use as a goliath truck.

swapping the stormbolter for a stubber is easy. not sure what to so about the twin autocannon, just sticking a a goliaths turret on top won't look to good i think. any ideas for a suitable counts as?
>>
>>53689261
You need to look from behind the firing model if it can see it's target, not from next to it.

That guy was just a fucking cheater. Shove a rulebook up his right nostrel for me next time you see him.
>>
>>53689356
>stoop down and look from behind firing model
>can't see enemy because firing model is blocking the view
>therefore can't shoot at enemy
FAQ NEEDED FAQ NEEDED FAQ NEEDED
>>
>>53689363
yes but anon said "enjoying a 2+ from the cover bonus"
1+ isn't 2+
>>
>>53688099

Is it though? I feel like it would be hard to maintain the positioning after charging, as you have to move and pile in as far as possible towards the closest enemy model.
>>
How's this for a silly little anti-horse mechanic: lay casualties down on their sides. Troops walking over slain models treat it as difficult terrain.

As the bodies pile up, a wall forms around the horse boxing them in!
>>
>>53689367
Stick some cultists holding them out the windows
>>
>>53689388
Anon, what did rough riders ever do to you?
>>
>>53689117
The difference between the top and bottom armies is much smaller than in 7th. Everyone has a chance, regardless of who's fighting.
>>
>>53689388
I'm confused what a horse has to do with warhammer. Or which stores would even allow a horse inside.
>>
>>53689378
Yes it keeps it's 2+ save but can ignore -1 worth of rend die to the cover. You can't have a 1+ save you mongoloid.
>>
>>53689355
I don't own a wraithknight, I only had 1 unit of bikes, and I played Aspect-heavy. I have Guardians and Banshee's in my list, and I fucking kerbstomped a SM player yesterday despite giving him a 150-point advantage and casting Eldritch Storm on my Scorpions turn one, then losing the power to Perils.

Eldar are fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>53689389
>you walked into the wrong hab-section esse
>holding autocannon sideways
>genestealer drive-by
>>
>>53689420
>then losing the power to Perils
What
>>
Did Vets really lose their doctrines? Are mech vets dead?
Also can any unit besides Scions get Carpace now?
>>
>>53689433
Eldar have a thing where instead of getting perils they can instead opt to forget that power and cant use it again
>>
>>53689437
no doctrines so far

you can still go all-vet by taking the elite detachment

a lot of HQs dont get carapace either
>>
>>53689367
Anon, there's a reason they stopping selling that model...
>>
do chaos cults and genestealer cults often fight?
who win?
>>
>really love the new edition
>can't wait to try it out
>remember my player group disbanded and most of them outright sold everything

Looks like my boyz will continue to gather dust, even if this edition favors them. Fate is cruel.
>>
>>53689461

No LGC near you? Or GW shops?
>>
File: 1382580280994s.jpg (16KB, 244x250px) Image search: [Google]
1382580280994s.jpg
16KB, 244x250px
>mfw my very rigid IG army goes from:
>1 HQ
>4 Troops
>1 Elites
>to:
>1 HQ
>11 Elites
>2 Troops

Thank fuck for being able to take two vanguard detachments.
>>
>>53689192
Not when, if. You can get more rounds of shooting by backing off and then when they get close enough to have good chances of making a charge even if you back off, you can charge first.

Use multiple small units, so that they can't engage more than a handful at once and you only need to move some of them to effectively kite the orks.

You can also have a rhino or razorback evacuate threatened squads; you effectively open up the gap 20" by doing that, with a 6" move, up to allowance to embark on the transport and then moving the vehicle 12". You can protect a lot of squads with one vehicle, because you will probably have enough warning to move it the turn before you need it, so you only need it to start within 20" of the unit it is going to transport. Two APCs can serve the entire board.

Marine players really need to learn to use the new mobility they have. I think a lot of the ork success is down to the fact their optimal playstyle hasn't massively changed, while marines really need to learn about cover and tactical withdrawal.
>>
>>53689403
Two points.
1- that's exa tly what 1+ means when anons use this term on /40kg/. Just like 7+ is a 6+ with malus.

2- you missed the point again. If you red the whole chain of answers, you'd notice that this anon >>53689350 is doubting this anon's >>53689261 story because he pretends the Land Raider had 2+ thanks to the cover (while it has a natural 2+). This may Imply that anon might not know the rules of the Land Raider, and possibly not know the rules of the game, and that this whole story is bullshit.
That's where you came in and explained something everybody already knew.
>>
>>53689450
What? No we don't, I rolled a 2 on the Perils table, I lost a wound and a random power, which happened to be Eldritch Storm. I only lost 1 unit the entire battle (he had 1500, I had 1350)
>>
File: 1468527304434.jpg (301KB, 1061x803px) Image search: [Google]
1468527304434.jpg
301KB, 1061x803px
>>53689318
>>53689357
Don't remember this?
>>
Chaos lord 74
bolter 0

Chosen 80
Plasmagun x2 26
Meltagun 17

Chaos Rhino 70
Havoc launcher 11

chaos cultists 50

daemonettes 90
Daemonic Icon 25
Instrument of C 10

Forgefiend 149

Could this army work? Its the models I have. I'm looking to finish my army and go on to make a Dark Eldar army. Speaking of, are wyches worth a damn?
>>
>>53687839
With a reroll from CP.
>>
Do you guys think Witch Aelves with headswaps would make decent Death Cult Assassins, with skin painted up to look like synskin?
>>
>>53689389
>>53689428
sounds like a plan.
go full gangster with an abberant hanging out holding an autocannon sideways like a pistol with the 2 arms on one side of his body.
>>
>>53689471
Nope, just a bunch of dudes into the hobby in my town. Some of them have played since 2nd edition.

It's a real shame. 7th has caused so much damage. I even contemplated selling my armies, but I couldn't bring myself to sell the ladz I spent so much time converting and painting.
>>
>>53687350
>>53687486
>>53687501
>>53687511

BS -> option -> updates. switch to alpha channel
Go to https://github.com/BSData/wh40k/tree/40k8eprep

green "clone or download" button, zip file, extract to
C:\Users<user>\Dropbox\BattleScribe\data)

BS->Manage Data import from data file Warhammer40k.gst
>>
>>53689456
they never sold it.
its a scratchbuild i did years ago and thought I'd lost.
>>
>>53689437
Most factions lost their ability to upgrade their saves. Artificer armors don't exist anymore, Chapter Master option is gone, most vehicle options are gone too, etc.
>>
File: 1482802939228.gif (799KB, 200x161px) Image search: [Google]
1482802939228.gif
799KB, 200x161px
>>53689471
Not that anon, but I avoid my LGS's like the plague.

Two don't sell/play 40k anymore.
One is okay, but their stock is SUPER limited and they have no play-space whatsoever.
The last is an official GW with horrible staff and generally douchey players. ("Oh you're new? Let me bring out my riptide wing because that's the perfect way to get new people to play!")
>>
>>53689524
I thought I saw something just like it in the art for stealer cultists all those years ago
>>
>>53689458
yeah, they're both trying to take over the world. Who wins varries from cult to cult.

Though they're often known to work together and even merge in their quest for world domination. old-school genecult armies could even get marks of chaos n their genestealers.
>>
>>53689489
What I noticed as an Ork player is that most of my opponents still field wide gunlines. I love gun lines. It means I can charge everything, and everything is in reach.

You want depth of your lines. Multiple speedbumps to keep the horde occupied. The trouble is marines don't have durable units, ironically.
>>
>>53689395

Yeah of course, but I practically did all the damage with 2 ravagers, a raider and 2 squads of scourges.

He stole initiative and killed my 10 Hellions and my succubus + 9 wyches never got out the raider.
>>
>>53689541
yeah that was my inspiration.
>>
>>53689285

>all those out of date marinelets

lel
>>
File: 8th edition LOS.png (41KB, 1152x862px) Image search: [Google]
8th edition LOS.png
41KB, 1152x862px
Because there seems to be some confusion of how the 8th edition LOS rules are meant to be used, I whipped something up in paint everybody should be able to understand.
>>
>>53689497
I actually forgot about it

Remembered that when I google searched a better pic
>>
File: sigmund freud.jpg (52KB, 330x363px) Image search: [Google]
sigmund freud.jpg
52KB, 330x363px
>>53689580
Why does the woman look like a dick?
>>
>>53689556
Don't separate units block LOS? Hence gun lines?
>>
>>53689580
I don't understand what a woman is.
>>
>>53689597
Because I'm not an artist and never draw, let alone draw anything that should resemble human anatomy.

I didn't even notice the resemblance untill you pointed it out.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 134x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 134x90px
gal vorbak as spawn, yay or nay?
>>
>>53689580
Right, I get that that's what you're supposed to do, and that that's how anyone reasonable will play it, but the rule is still unclear about from where you draw LoS, and you just know tourneyfags will try to take advantage of the ambiguity of the rule to do what >>53689261 described.
I'm hoping there's some official clarification on this.
>>
Shuriken cannons or scatter lasers?
>>
>>53689634
Gal vorbak for ants, but yes
>>
>>53689646
shuriken cannons

>>53689634
don't see why not
>>
>>53689646
They are both literally unchanged from last edition, Scats all the way. More shots>rending.
>>
>>53689634
They can be used to portray marines that are undergoing a long, painful flesh change. Works for me.
>>
>>53689636
I'm betting the official clarification becomes, "put a laser pointer on it, if you can hit the target with the laser pointer your good. Otherwise pick another target.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (74KB, 784x574px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
74KB, 784x574px
Basically my attempt at a thematic Dusk Raiders Primaris army
In other words, footslogging firepower
>>
File: 1495194201280.gif (987KB, 348x323px) Image search: [Google]
1495194201280.gif
987KB, 348x323px
>>53689656
>>53689662
>>53689709
ok cool, gonna be converting them abit for my EC army
>>
File: 2004-02-23-050_necron.gif (45KB, 576x256px) Image search: [Google]
2004-02-23-050_necron.gif
45KB, 576x256px
Who's glad there is now more logic in twin linked?
>>
>>53689497
Only 5 people bought this and all of them were named Matt Ward.
>>
File: Night_Lords_Dreadnought.jpg (36KB, 650x575px) Image search: [Google]
Night_Lords_Dreadnought.jpg
36KB, 650x575px
GW
>"Here's the rules for stuff we don't produce anymore. There is some stuff that never got a model too, but you get rules anyway in the new edition"

FW
>"Kits we were still producing last year? No rules, you are suppose to throw them away. Also we just made one of the most broken unit in AoS 120 pt cheaper, you are welcome"

Since when is GW the good guy and FW the bad guys?
>>
>>53689736

desu dont bother making a full primaris army until they get their full model range.

you're intentionally gimping yourself otherwise.
>>
>>53689736
>(((power))) points
You eat dick too I'm guessing?
>>
>>53689692
Shuricannons lost inherent ap, and its Rend got nerfed
>>
>>53689736
what does that add up to in big boy points?
>>
>>53689692
costs changed (12 for cannons, 15 for lasers), rules for weapons too (scatlasers are heavy, meaning -1 to hit if they moved, while shuriken cannons are assault, meaning they can shoot at -1 even if they advanced)

>>53689719
>tfw GW starts selling Imperial lasgun(tm) pointers

>>53689736
are we supposed to comment on that list?
>>
>>53689745
Me Boyz
>>
>>53689506
I think it would look better if you also green-stuffed the bellies to have that vertical ribbed corset texture and cut off the elf ruins they are standing on, but basically yeah, they are a good start.
>>
>>53689777
Lasgun Pointers™, perfect for those of you with mental disabilities! Buy now with the newly updated Cuckold Gauge™ and get 5% off!
>>
>>53687765
Against Necrons?
Whose basic gun negates cover saves?

40+ shots from flayers is usually enough to even devastate a whole block of boyz. Especially if they buff them with +1BS and rerolls or ghost ark support
>>
>>53689600
Not in 8th. 8th is defence in depth edition.
>>
>>53689777
I'd actually kinda like little laser pointers if they were relatively cheap and shaped like some of the different guns.
Red lasgun design pointer, green gauss rifle pointer, blue ??? pointer, etc.
>>
>>53689565
Well, you built the darn thing so I wouldn't begrudge you using it. But I guarantee you that if you show up to game with that thing to play against kids who don't remember 2nd ed, they'll look at it as if you just showed up in a pair of bell bottoms, a jacket worn backwards, and shutter shades.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (16KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
16KB, 300x225px
>>53689777
You know GW actually sold laser pointers, right?
>>
File: TL5015_MArkerlight_1280x1280_.png (629KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
TL5015_MArkerlight_1280x1280_.png
629KB, 1280x1280px
>>53689804
You mean like:

Laser Pointer - MARKERLIGHT
Unless you are about 28mm tall, the TRUE LINE OF SIGHT can be very hard to establish and can lead to discussions at the gaming table. Well, no more. The compact Marker Light Laser Pointer will show you exactly what your models can see – no matter the terrain or battlefield – making it an absolute invaluable tool for Wargaming.

3 x batteries included!
>>
>>53689817
>blue ??? pointer
plasma I guess, or one of those weird AdMech guns.
Not sure if every color is easy to do with lasers though.
>>
Which Marine chapter are the most tread-heady?

(I'm going to say it's *not* the Iron Hands, they're more about bionic augmentation)
>>
>>53689844
Yeah, it'd be hard to do a laser for every color now that I'm thinking about it. Maybe just go with one faction specific energy weapon of some sort from each main faction or something and sell them for really cheap?
If they also want to keep making combat marker things, they could also have the combat marker as slightly upscaled version of certain melee weapons from different factions, though cheaper than what they are right now.
GW should hire me
>>
Hello everyone...
I have a lot of Elder going up for sale.
2 Wave Serpents (un NIB, one with Twin Lances)
1 Fire Prism
10 Dire Avengers
1 Far Seer (Singing spear Metal)
5 Pathfinders
6 Warp Spiders (metal with Exarch)
6 Fire dragons (with Exarch)(Metal)
10 Striking Scorpions (metal with Exarch)
5 Dark Reapers (Metal with Exarch)

Is $300 a fair price?
>>
>>53689888
Scars. An argument could be made for Salamanders. Also checked.
>>
>>53689888
Storm Wardens like massed tank assaults.
>>
>>53689888
IG
>>
>>53689888
The Black Guard like their big guns. Surprisingly, they're a Raven Guard successor.
>>
>>53689895
I'd say so.
>>
>>53689600
>>53689808
>For the purposes of determining visibility, a model can see through pther models in its own unit
Don't see anything about other units. As is, I'd say you don't see through friendly units
>>
>>53689924
Yeah, but by "unit" is it referring to the group of troops it came with, or the faction key word?
>>
>>53689831
You can literally take a photo from the models LOS perspective with your phone and use it to determine what can and can't be seen.
>>
>>53689922
Interested?
>>
>>53689825
>>53689831
Can people not just use their eyeballs?
>>
>>53689939
Introducing the New Games Workshop™ Snapshot Camera! For the wargamer who truly wants the most immersive experience, as a commander looking through the eyes of his men as they plow down the enemy in combat!
>>
>>53689888
Aurora chapter.
>>
>>53689965
Gotta sell a holding dock that mimics the height several models LOS as well
>>
>>53689944
Sold my own similar force Aspect for the same so no.
>>
>>53689963

Can people be trusted to just use their eyeballs, games workshop thought so, but then jack-asses pop up and they look for ways to bend the rules or use the wording to make sure they Win At All Cost.

At which point using something like a laser pointer from the model's position can clear things up.
>>
>>53689980
Why did you sell yours?

I'm selling mine because work cut my hours and I need to pay for expensive things like Electricy, Rent, and Food.
>>
>>53689935
If they meant the faction keyword they'd say so anon. Like they did with the keyword Fly on the movement rules for instance.
>>
>>53689963
One would think so. But I've been in more than one game where I would lean down at the table and tell my opponent I got cover, then he would lean down and say no I don't
>>
>>53690017
I generally use the "can you use a tape measure to link the 2 models without it bending/touching any scenery?" method. It works if you have common sense and aren't playing with autists. But therein lies the answer to all these questions: don't play with autists.
>>
>>53690017
A laser pointer doesn't solve this situation though.
>>
Is the Chinaman still in business?
>>
>>53690047
you gotta be more precise, there are a lot of Chinamen these days like more than a billion
>>
Had a thought I might as well just throw out there:

Should the wh40k rules add the concept of a sideboard like MTG?
>>
>>53690044
It does when you start pointing that laser at his eyes untill he agrees
>>
>>53690044
Sure it does, if you hold it close to the shooting model and can put the laser on the desired target without being obstructed.
>>
>>53690063
So people can list tailor twice as hard?
>>
>>53690063
They have, it's called "daemon summoning". You allocate points, and then summon in whatever you need for the specific situation.
>>
>>53690063
>this game isn't autistic enough
>lets introduce even more autists to it
>>
>>53690047

How hard would it be to head-swap this guy and use him for IG? Is the little Killer Sperm thingy on his belt the only Genestealerish thing about him?
>>
>>53687872
>>53687926
What does "daisy chain" mean? It's the first time I've heard of a tactic like that

And how are Space Wolves looking like in 8th?
>>
Deathwatch Veteran
>19 points per model
>normal bolter that can use special ammunition, for example +6" and -1 AP

Sternguard Veteran
>16 points per model
>special bolter that always ha 30" and -2 AP

What am I missing ? They have the same statistics. Is it because the Deathwatch Vet can potentially take a bolt pistol for free and use special ammunition when tied in combat ?
>>
>>53690081
so if 90% of the model is obstructed but you can flash his tiptoes, part of his right ankle and the top of his bald head, he is not in cover?
>>
>>53690104
Those 3 points are the fag penalty. You pay them for being gay.
>>
>>53690099
Buffing unit has short range, can't move as fast as charging unit. Create 'daisy chain' of models from main body of charging unit leading back to buffer unit, keep buffs whilst still getting into melee ASAP. Stupid tactic, but it works in some situations.
>>
>>53690124
So it basically mean to make some degree of conga line between the buffer and the bulk of the unit?
>>
If I position my Vindicare with the pillar facing the enemy do I get a cover save?
>>
>>53690123
You must be 18+ to post.
>>
>>53690111
My houserule is you have to see 50% or more of the model, else it gets a cover save/bonus. Shit like banners and weapons don't count, has to be body parts.
>>
>>53690130
Exactly that. It's a somewhat dumb tactic, as you could get behind the unit and shoot the daisy chain down, plus he can't fully commit his squad when he does charge, but it's situationally useful
>>
>>53690132
No, as it counts as the model.
>>
>>53690133
But he's 19 points per model
>>
>>53690104
Sternguards need to pay 3 points for their special boltgun.
So they are both 19 points.
>>
File: Untitled.png (31KB, 385x232px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31KB, 385x232px
>>53690111
That's why you use a smiley face laser pointer.
>100% intact smiley face on target model - no cover
>broken up image, but can still make out parts of smiley face - in cover
>just random splotches of light, can't tell it's a smiley face at all - can't shoot
>>
>>53690099
>And how are Space Wolves looking like in 8th?
check for yourself by reading the OP

>>53690104
can Sterguards take shotguns and fragcannons? Can they change profile every shooting phase? Can they mix and match melee weapons (including stormshields), special and heavy weapons?
>>
>>53690111
No you dumb shit that IS being in cover!
>>
File: 40kFFAMInfantry.jpg (529KB, 1000x422px) Image search: [Google]
40kFFAMInfantry.jpg
529KB, 1000x422px
Anybody know what paints are used here, or have a link to a tutorial? I like the "new" Cadian scheme, but I dunno how it's done.
>>
>>53690150
But he's clearly behind cover. You can see it right there. It should count as a cover save.
>>
>>53690161
>"Oi boss, what'z wit da happy human faces on da side of da wagon ?"
>"Dey don't clean easy ..."
>>
File: tlos.jpg (640KB, 1181x886px) Image search: [Google]
tlos.jpg
640KB, 1181x886px
True LoS was a mistake.
Bring back deterministic rules about what can see what based on size categories and types of terrain like we had in 4e.
>>
>>53689888
Valedictors or however you spell it
>>
>>53690164
Unless you are someone with years of experience in the game it's unlikely you'll be able to gauge the true effectiveness of a unit or army just by looking at its profile, even more so when it's a completely new edition
I just wanted to know if someone here had already played some games as or against SW and what his impression were
>>
>>53690132
>modelling for advantage: the post
>>
>>53690185
That guy clearly doesn't understand that you need to have your eyes open when you try to check if a model can see its target or not.

I wouldn't mind more abstract LOS rules instead of TLOS.
>>
>>53690147
>shoot the daisy chain down
Unfortunately the attacker is not the one to decide where the wound go anymore.
>>
File: image.jpg (359KB, 1842x981px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
359KB, 1842x981px
This is a shot from the game, it's what a 'daisy chain' looks like.

Cheesy as fuck.
>>
>>53690185
As much as I also prefer deterministic rules, they are admittedly things people will forget or misinterpret. True LOS is supposed to be a hell of a lot simpler and faster. But there's just enough faggots out there who will fuck that up to make it unfun (as evidenced by this thread)
>>
>>53690206
>MWG
Not even surprised.
>>
>>53690206
>Dat DA tab
Kek, you're gonna trigger the DA defence force
>>
>>53690206
That obese arm lmao
>>
>>53690157
Ah, I completely missed that. You're right.
>>53690164
The Sternguard does not have to still pay for his special bolter when buying a different weapon while Deathwatch Vet always has to pay for his ammo, even if he takes the 5 points shotgun. The special issue bolter combines benefits of two special profiles while none of their penalty. Sternguards can take special, heavy and combi-weapons and if you take a melee weapon on a Sternguard or Deathwatch Vet you're retarded.
>>
Are nids playing today?
>>
>>53690206
>1d4chan
>dark angels gay fanfiction
fuggin kek
were there actually any results lmao
>>
>>53690206
Very fluffy to do with tyranids to represent a mini version of a Hive fleet.
>>
Anyone have any theories about whether the DKoK Grenadiers will be troops? I really don't want to Scionize my Carapace MechVets.
>>
>>53690136
seems reasonable - and I'm actually pretty sure it was written so in the book in some editions.

>>53690161
I didn't even know these existed.
To be fair, I'm still not sure it's a good idea since you could still have 90% of the model under cover and the smiley face intact if the cover has a weird form, even in cases where it's not difficult to imagine models ducking to avoid being sniped.

>>53690165
that was my point, dummy. I used an example where the unit was clearly in cover but the 'laser pointer method' would say otherwise, to show that it's not that good of an idea.
>>
>>53690206
If you have a fast unit, especially with Fly, you can abuse the fuck out of somebody placing his unit like that :

Charge the long chain part
Beat the fuck out of the unit
Either your opponent removes the daisy chain and the unit can't strike back or gain the benefit from a buff character any longer
Or your opponent removes the models from far away, only 4-5 orks are able to attack back, and the other 20 orks will spend a good 2 or 3 turns piling in before they get to strike whilst your melee unit continues beating the shit out of them.
>>
>>53690206
>MWG
Nothing of value
>>
>Book 8th tester game last week for today
>Finish work early
>30 minute bus into town
>Get to the GW
>Name's wiped off the board
>5 randoms given my slot
>Off duty employee "Join in with strangers if you want anon"
>Sperg out, make excuse and run away

Can I ever go back?
>>
File: 1483801954198.jpg (47KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
1483801954198.jpg
47KB, 300x229px
>>53690206
> DAs gay fanfic
>>
>>53690063
>Drop Pods are reworked.
>Drop Pods become 50 points, but let Marineplayers "summon" whatever Marines he wants assuming:
>Points were allocated
>The summoned models can fit in a Drop Pod

:<)
>>
>>53690309
THATS when the Rough Riders strike from off table! Brilliant!
>>
>>53690176
You should kill yourself
>>
>>53690235
I'd love for my Sternguard to get some stormshields, or some +1 to hit for units in cover, or some always-wound-on-2+ rounds
>>
>>53690347
Wait off table? I haven't seen AM stuff did Rough Riders actually get cool/good?
>>
>>53690063
Played a few tournies that worked that way in the past. I remember one being 1.5k total. 1k static, 2x 500point sideboards.
>>
File: IMG_2337.png (401KB, 854x544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2337.png
401KB, 854x544px
>Tfw like Dark Angels the best but also really Fucking love chaos
>Tfw green is favorite color
>Tfw Caliban is lost and now there is no cool green planet of Space marine knights

Chaos or Dark Angels bros?
>>
>>53690354
And I'd love my guys to always have 30" range and -2 AP. If you take a storm shield on a T4 3+ model then you can only blame yourself for your problems.
>>
>>53690371
Yes.
>>
>>53688180
>>53690309

Two good examples on how to easily counter congas.

Also i have skipped through all that debate about cover but why don't people just apply common sense and mutual agreement? Same for LoS (for example you could argue that your vehicle is in cover but popa out to shoot before going back in to justify the "shooting from the treads" bullshit then the other guy disagrees and presents his point saying that for the same reason it could be shot back with no cover save as it pops out wholly in order to shoot and after quick discussion an agreement is made for the match)
>>
File: notatraitor.jpg (166KB, 950x616px) Image search: [Google]
notatraitor.jpg
166KB, 950x616px
>>53690371
>>Tfw like Dark Angels the best but also really Fucking love chaos
pls stop pushing the meme
thank you
>>
>>53690000
A mix.
Didn't play it enough
Had a 3 month wage gap so needed some cash.
And half was bought painted to a standard I couldn't match.
>>
>>53690417
I'm legit not pushing a meme, I'm being serious
>>
>>53690371
DA since you'll be painting half the time and you can just ignore anything past the dark millenium
>>
>>53690438
STOP

YOUR MEMES END HERE
>>
>>53690438
Just play Fallen.
>>
>>53690371
Play Falllen.
>>
>>53690471
>>53690474
Fallen are black not green
>>
Holy shit what happened to DE

Did Gee Dubs seriously make 8th edition dark eldar even worse, how do they do this
>>
>>53690492
They can be green.

>>53690503
>Dark Eldar in top tier
>Whining that they got worse
>>
>>53690503
There we go again.
What makes you say that?
>inb4 'muh vehicles cost too much'
It's the same for everyone.
>>
>>53690503
Dark eldar are really powerful now.
>>
>>53690206
im an idiot, but what does this 'daisy chain' thing accomplish? just tarpitting?
>>
>>53690417
Wait this shows Lion was loyal I am so confus damn night lords and their alpha grade lies
>>
>>53690545
>>53690492
>>53690471
So are Fallen just Dark angels Chaos that ARENT Chaos? Like more just renegade tyrant knights?
>>
Drukkari brethren, thoughts on the Archon and court units?

Is there any reason to take the huskblade over an agoniser? Agoniser is cheaper and will get more wounds against 1W troops, similar wounds agianst characters/monsters, only vehicles are really more vulnerable to the huskblade.

Even with an agoniser though, an archon will kill approx 1.4 marines a turn in melee. Their leadership bonus is unlikely to be that useful either, as they'll be with a small unit in a raider or venom that'll probbaly either be untouched or wiped out, so not need a leadership test either way, and later in game are immune to morale, invalidating this rule entirely. The shadow field being unrerollable (I can see why, but still butthurt over it) also means they're just less useful compared to a succubus, who can fight harder, buff a squad they're with harder, and roll 4+ invulnerables till death.

Only bonus to the archon is the court units perhaps. Llamas seem to be great at killing monsters if you took a few of them, but with splinter rifles we have less issues with monsters than literally anyone already. Sslyths look chunky as fuck, but are very expensive and can't intercept attacks until after the shadowfield is lost.

Medusae and Ur-ghuls look perhaps most useful being able to throw out loads of decent attacks from range/melee respectively. Still perhaps too expensive for what they can do, given that each almost costs as much as an extra five man warrior squad.
>>
Anyone else feels like the SoB rules where made just to remove stock?

Previews useless models are almost mandatory now
>>
What are your Primaris wishlists?
> Lascannon Squad
> Flamer Squad
> Thunder Hammer Inceptors
> Unique bonuses for respective Chapters
>>
>>53690584
Some Fallen are full chaos, others are just renegades. Depends on how you want to portray your warband.
>>
>>53690584
They are very individual, some are very Chaosy, some hate Chaos and the Imperium, it all depends.
>>
>>53690639
drop pod for vindicators
four vindicators per pod

primaris vindicators which are just better leman russ tanks
>>
>>53690557
The buffer special effects affects "units". So as long as at least one member of the unit is within the range of effect of the power the whole unit is affected.

You keep, for example, the painboy in the point A and the 20-men bulk of a 30-men boyz unit in the point B 25" away from the painboy. If you can make a line with the remaining 10 orks of that unit so that at least one of them is within 6" from the painboy all the boyz have (the 8th edition equivalent of) FnP
>>
>>53690576
the DA heretic meme is an old meme meant to trigger DA players, based off of a Fallen marine saying that Lion was the real heretic and Luther was the real loyalist
>>
>>53690545
>>53690546
>>53690547
What makes DE good then now? Power from pain looks pretty sub par, haven't seen the points values are they cheap?
>>
File: 1485833988903.jpg (102KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485833988903.jpg
102KB, 800x800px
>>53690663
ah yeah i see it now. thanks
>>
>>53690630
Yeah but useless models like penitent engine and repentia are even more useless.
>>
File: Cruz.jpg (28KB, 680x513px) Image search: [Google]
Cruz.jpg
28KB, 680x513px
>>53690639
Heretic battalion
>>
File: Untitled.png (46KB, 143x265px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
46KB, 143x265px
>>53690639
> Thunder Hammer Inceptors
Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?
>>
>>53690557
It means he gets buffed without endangering his character.
>>
>>53690653
>>53690656
So I could go about making renegade marines that aren't full retarded spikes and shit but are still evil dicks and conquer worlds like an evil black knight?
>>
>>53690670
Thanks
>>
>>53690700
I'm almost tempted to kitbash some Sigmarines with bolters now.
>>
>>53690700
Holy fuck, I forgot about those
>>
>>53690706
Why not? Technically there are renegade marine chapters that do the same too. If you like the DA aesthetic then you can get some DA Veteran boxes, paint them black (or however you want really since it's your warband) and use the Fallen profile listed in the Chaos index.
>>
>>53690695
>penitent engines
>useless
u wot nigga
>>
>>53689476
Lemme guess. Vets?
>>
File: 1496128614967.jpg (20KB, 364x366px) Image search: [Google]
1496128614967.jpg
20KB, 364x366px
>>53688356
>FAQ
Everyday another shit poster
>>
>>53690689
No but they do shitloads of damage and have a move value between 8 to 16 inches.

Their vehicles having a toughness value and multiple wounds means they're much tougher now, even if they cant be called tough still but at least they dont explode to the first shot.
>>
>>53690639
Less worried about Lascannons, but I do want a more dedicated fire platform that doesn't take up a very limited Heavy Support slot
>>
>>53690718
You don't even need to kitbash
>>
>>53690729
Oh really? Can I get some examples of those renegade chapters? I'd like to know more
>>
>>53690695
I agree Repentias are worst.
But the PE are actually worth taking since Exorcist are rather expensive right now.

Also what the flying fuck happen to flamers? They are very bad at their job and expensive as hell for what they do
>>
>>53690630
With the same reasoning they want to eliminate all the vanilla codex marines because without the special characters there is nothing to show that you are playing a Salamander army instead of a White Scars one, except for the color

So they want to empty the stock of all the Calgar, Grimaldus and co and leave only the chapters with their own codex
>>
>>53690784
>Also what the flying fuck happen to flamers?
I thought general opinion was that flames are boss now.
>>
I apologize if this sounds completely retarted but I had an obnoxious argument at my lgs last night while we were testing 8th. a unit is partially within range of an enemy's attack (lets say 4\10 models) and the attack does 9 hits and wounds does that straight up wipe out that unit?
I assumed that the 4 in range die and then the defending unit is no longer within range. He kept arguing that you target the unit not individual models, especially since you can choose to have the backline models die first.
>>
>>53690206
what is it for?
>>
>>53690782
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Renegade_Space_Marine_Chapters_(List)
So basically a renegade chapter is a chapter that has betrayed the imperium for non-chaos reasons.
>>
>>53690784
>Also what the flying fuck happen to flamers? They are very bad at their job and expensive as hell for what they do
do youbhave some maths to back that up? Because they seem pretty efficient on paper, both on hordes and on multi-wounds models
>>
>>53690809
They end up turning to Chaos sooner than later, however.
>>
>>53690639
> Flamer Squad
100% this
Considering horde armies are so much stronger now, elite armies need something that is dedicated anti-horde

Also wouldn't mind some unique characters
>>
>>53690820
Unless your name is the Soul Drinkers, then you're just edgy anarchist space marines
>>
File: Capture.jpg (28KB, 319x283px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
28KB, 319x283px
>>53690802
units.

if you can fire on it, you can wipe it out.
>>
>>53690841
Red Corsairs are one that come to mind.
>>
>>53690802
In 8th you target the unit.

In step 2. of the shooting sequence, it says that you only need one model in range to target the unit. In step 4.3 it explicitly says wounds can be allocated to models which are out of range and los.
>>
>>53690841
what about the reasonable marines?
>>
>>53690670

Wait, we aren't supposed to think the Cypher is The Lion?

I've literally assumed that since back in the times BA and DA shared a codex...
>>
>>53690798
Hardly, mostly due to how expensive the bloody things are for what they do.

Immolation flamer is 35
Twin heavy bolter is 17

12" 2d6 assault, S5 ap-1
36" heavy 6, s5 ap-1
>>
File: 20170530_180608.jpg (99KB, 504x524px) Image search: [Google]
20170530_180608.jpg
99KB, 504x524px
>>53690802
The rules only say the "unit" has to be in range, and only "a model" has to be in range to meet that criterion. Also, the allocate wounds section specifically says that wounds can be allocated to models outside the attacking unit's range, or even visible to the attacking unit.
>>
>>53690859
Red Corsairs just went full chaos, although I do see the comparison.
>>
Man I reckon the hydra is gonna be an auto take with all the flier additions like assault marines and such

It looks like a better exterminator even if it only hits ground target on 5 up
>>
File: laughinghulk.gif (481KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
laughinghulk.gif
481KB, 273x200px
>>53689597
>>
>>53690870
No, the Lion is in a coma on The Rock, hidden by the Watchers. Cypher is someone the Lion knew.
>>
>>53690870
Wait what? The Lion is explicitly stated to be in stasis in a hidden inaccessible portion of the Rock you idiot.
>>
>>53690870
he's sleeping in a special chamber in The Rock
>>
>>53690890

I thought that the guy in the coma they think is Lion was actually Luther. I thought that was the joke?
>>
>>53690840
>Considering horde armies are so much stronger now, elite armies need something that is dedicated anti-horde
Well I bought a Land Raider Crusader for that express purpose. 12 S6 AP-1 shots + 12to24 S4 shots seemed like a good start for anti-horde on a chassis that most hordes can barely scratch
>>
>>53690906
Luther is also in a special chamber in The Rock. The Grandmaster of the DA (and other high-level deathwing?) has access to him.
>>
>>53690809
Would it be possible there would be a faction of renegade marines that happen to be focused on securing resources and control of a sector and bartering with anyone willing to trade?
>>
>>53690906
Luther is locked in a cell where he's regularly interrogated by the Supreme Grand Master.
>>
>>53690815
It is mostly the point cost and the short range.

You can't really use that 8" or less range that effectively specially how transport and deepstrike work now.

Hell even the odd 12" range flamer is outperformed by almost any other ranges weapon.

In short you can put more shots by being cheaper than flamers with almost everything else
>>
>>53690855
>>53690860
>>53690880

Fucking A. Alright, thanks for clearing that up; thats fucking terrifying. I'll have to position my units a lot more carefully.
>>
>>53690924
Well I mean they are your guys so you can always make your own renegade chapter with their own backstory.
>>
>>53690874
So that's seven versus four hits on average, which with better overwatch and worse range adds up to costing twice as much. And being Heavy as well, forgot about that.
>>
File: 1492043418465.gif (943KB, 250x195px) Image search: [Google]
1492043418465.gif
943KB, 250x195px
>>53690901
>he's sleeping with The Rock
>>
>>53690919
I believe the key to his cell is literally the Supreme Grand Master's sword (the Sword of Secrets) so I doubt anyone other than him can access it.
>>
File: img4160681d06f11.jpg (598KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img4160681d06f11.jpg
598KB, 1600x1200px
>>53690639
>>
>>53690949
The -1 shooting is not that awful specially when you have a 3+ shooting and more turns to actually use your now 4+ thanks to the range
>>
>>53690960
autism
>>
>>53690906
Only the top knows Luther is in there, only the watchers in the dark know Lion's there.
>>
>>53690165
Not in 8th. In 8th, you aren't in cover unless you're on or touching terrain. No save bonus if they aren't, even if you are 90% obscured.
>>
>>53690955
Fuck. I didn't know that and that makes so much fucking sense.

...is Cypher's sword the key to Lion's stasis chamber?
>>
File: tumblr_npp1e2BsDj1uxd1oao1_1280.jpg (231KB, 1280x923px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npp1e2BsDj1uxd1oao1_1280.jpg
231KB, 1280x923px
>>53690960
>>
>>53690986
Pretty retarded tbqhwyf
>>
>>53690984
Could be. It's heavily implied that Cypher's sword is the Lion's sword so who the fuck knows honestly.
maybe we'll find out when the Lion comes in to save Girlyman from Mortarion
>>
>with the new detachments i can now run a knights of blood army in a fluffy way
Neat
>>
>>53690984
It's Lion's sword. I'm starting to think Cypher is Bedivere, trying to bring his king's sword back to the Emperor.
>>
>>53690969
>>53690996
You don't want super Primaris Devastators?
The Aggressors sound a bit like them, but they've got flamers and missiles.

>>53690986
Nice, do you have the others?
>>
>>53689745
Considering my Leman Russ Exterminator not only lost twin-linked but didn't gain any additional shots from doing so? Little upset, actually.
>>
>>53691036
Oh no, i want them but dual wielding is retarded, i would rather see them with a single bigger gun
>>
>>53690949
That is the problem
With flamers you have 1-6 shots or 2-12 with the immolator one.
With the twin HB you always have 6 shots from further away that can be use more times.

In paper flamers look good, in practice they fall short mostly because they are more expensive, lack more reliable shots and way shorter range to actually use those shot.

In short flamers are way too random, expensive and short to be worth it.

Unless you can bring 3+ in a squad or 2+ in a vehicle. You need those 2/3d6 shots to be worthwhile.
>>
>>53690976
>Only the top knows Luther is in there, only the watchers in the dark know Lion's there.
>What the Watchers didn't say is that their both kept in the same place because the Dark Angels don't actually have Luther
>The Traitor half of the Dark Angels won their civil war, captured their Primarch and have been torturing him for 10,000 years in an attempt to have Lion fall to Chaos.
>The "Fallen" are actually the last remaining loyalist Dark Angels who were forced to go renegade to survive.
>It's why the Dark Angels are so anal about the Fallen, they can't let the Imperium know the Dark Angels are really the traitors.
>Cypher is attempting a daring rescue to save Lion from the Chaos Angels
>>
>>53691036
> Aggressors
What's this? Tell me more!
>>
>>53689042
Guard aren't as good as everyone thinks. They have potential, but it's not as big as everyone is making it out to be.
>>
>>53690820
Knights of blood are still not chaotic, though the push even Blood Angels limits of savagery.
>>
>>53691070
They're one of the two new units mentioned in Dark Imperium.
They're in something like Gravis Armour with shoulder mounted missiles and flamers.

The other unit is called Reivers and are melee and infiltration specialists with special stealth armour and skull helmets.
>>
>>53691074
Then who would you say is top dog?
>>
>>53690965
Man though, heavy rules are gonna hurt imperial guard.

Arty spam is back I guess.
>>
>>53691056
>Oh no, i want them but dual wielding is retarded

This is probably not the game for you.
Almost everyone dual wields if they're not basic bitch infantry.
>>
>>53691101
>IntercessORS
>InterceptORS
>HellblastERS
>AggressORS
>ReivERS
Just name a unit Niggers already.
>>
>>53691061
>lack more reliable shots
They auto-hit though.
As the other anon said, when comparing twinHB with Immolator, you're comparing 7 wounds on average (and as it's 2 di e and not a single one, it has less variance around this average) to 4 wounds (BS factored in)
Agreed about range and about the importance of the number of dice though.
>>
>>53690983
Holy shit
>>
>>53691105
Not sure, but people are heavily overstating how good Conscripts and Mortars and shit are.
>>
>>53690983
They give examples of obscuring cover later on in the main rulebook, under terrain features.

But it only applies to statues and big buildings and such.
>>
>>53691134
Conscripts are only good with power points, otherwise they are only 1 point cheaper for 5+ to hit and ld 4
>>
>>53691121
>Almost everyone dual wields if they're not basic bitch infantry.
citation needed
>>
>>53691125
>niggORS
>>
File: Capture.jpg (16KB, 601x107px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
16KB, 601x107px
>>53691127
makes me wonder, would a 4-flamer command squad benefit greatly from this order or just not that much?
>>
File: B_390b_VAAA_4Ad.jpg (30KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
B_390b_VAAA_4Ad.jpg
30KB, 600x338px
>>53691101
> shoulder mounted missiles and flamers
It-it...it's everything I could've dreamed of
>>
>>53691173
>niggORS
>Niggors
>NigGORs

BLM confirmed for Chaos Beastmen cult
>>
>>53691184
A crisis suit?
>>
>>53691167
Emperor dual wields.
Horus dual wields.
Guilliman dual wields.
Abaddon dual wields.
Calgar dual wields.
Dante dual wields.
Grimnar dual wields.
Kharne dual wields.

Eveyone important duel wields.
>>
File: tumblr_npp0vaEbWE1uxd1oao4_1280.jpg (261KB, 1280x917px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npp0vaEbWE1uxd1oao4_1280.jpg
261KB, 1280x917px
>>53691036
https://mega.nz/#!7YRQAIYK!i0pApWmmBHchBbjksi08koQ9BzdVC2mpzPBmNStY4AY
>>
>>53691200
>Sanguinius
>not important
Anon dont make me fight you.
>>
>>53691127
Indeed. Also templates almost always got you 3+ hits, here not counting immolator flamer you don't have 3+ safety net of the template with the 1d6 hit.
Yes potentionally you get 6 but same thing with template, you could potentionally get more than 10 models with them.
But in a normal game you get around 3 or more models. Even with autistic 2" spreading (we are talking about hordes and their 25mm bases)

With current flamers? The randomness hurts
>>
>>53691215
This is heresy.
>>
File: 1496676707829.png (99KB, 198x353px) Image search: [Google]
1496676707829.png
99KB, 198x353px
>>53691101
>The other unit is called Reivers and are melee and infiltration specialists with special stealth armour and skull helmets.
I want it.
>>
>>53691200
does it count as dual wielding if the other weapon is a power fist
>>
What's this I hear about deep striking Rough Riders? Are they good now?
>>
>>53691215
how positively heretical
>>
>>53691222
Sanguinus did nothing right.
>>
>>53691200
I think he means dual wielding as in holding two similar or identical weapons in each hand. So the only one that would count there is Calgar.
>>
>>53691160
The BS5+ isn't terrible (~11% efficiency per point)
The LD4 hurts if you can't augment with Commissar

Big bonus Conscripts get is units larger than 10.
>>
>>53691215
Thanks.
>>
>>53691270
I will not abide by this heresy in my thread
>>
>>53691222
>dead bird mutant
>important

His sons are two thirds to being a Khornate Cult and he almost fell to Chaos
>>
File: Capture.jpg (48KB, 1056x148px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
48KB, 1056x148px
>>53691252
Deep striking no. They can come in from any table edge now.
>>
>>53691290
Then tell me what his accomplishments were. Because it sounds like he was just like the Emperor: He was impressive because the writers said so and then he died.
>>
File: A FUCKING GAY POET.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
A FUCKING GAY POET.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>53690950
It's only natural that there'd be some sexual tension at the workplace
>>
>>53691215
wtf purge this post immediately!
>>
>>53688584
Jag är inte en robot
>>
>>53688680
?
>>
File: 1455645616752.png (2MB, 1134x786px) Image search: [Google]
1455645616752.png
2MB, 1134x786px
>>53691357
>>
>>53690731
>>53690784
They're 120 points for a fragile unit with a 4+save and no synergy with the rest of the list.

Not even a shield of faith the rhinos get.
>>
>>53691457
Lion looks like a fucking Malfoy.
>>
>>53687736
Power level games are meant for non waac players. You really need a better local.
>>
>>53691475
He's blonde Tarzan.
>>
>>53691311
Fug. Just realized that they can come in from the opponent's edge.

I just wish they weren't so terrible in close combat.
>>
>>53691467
a small squadron can potentially one-shot a knight (and very reliabely destroy most vehicles), and shield of faith is shit anyway (someone calculated last thread it had around 1% chance to be useful if I'm not mistaken)
>>
>>53691498
if they weren't so expensive, I'd consider getting a squad of 5 with 2 meltaguns. But I don't know how much they'll matter for tank-hunting since melta )on paper( seems a bit meh.
>>
>>53689497
Imagine buying this shit and having Primaris teased a few months down the line...
>>
>>53691498
Well now lances are no longer one use, they all come standard with chainswords, and they get a bonus attack from their mounts. Intrigued?
>>
File: WScheeserBTFO.jpg (344KB, 610x1798px) Image search: [Google]
WScheeserBTFO.jpg
344KB, 610x1798px
>>53687337

New Thread

>>53691530
>>53691530
>>53691530
>>
>>53689506
Someone on the inq28 Facebook group did this with the sorceress recently for their navigator, looks surprisingly good.
>>
>>53691498
just realized, they're not so bad.

charge in. 1 attack with the chainsword. 1 attack with the hunting lance. 1 trample attack.

ok maybe they need a fist or something on the sgt.
>>
>>53691498
They aren't terrible, they are pretty good. Cheap too and 2 wounds. Overwatch is the big issue, but I'm hoping I can get my Inquisitor up there to cast Terrify first.
>>53691535
I hear you, but I think Scions are better for that.
>>
>>53689963
Not with all these laser pointers flashing around.
>>
>>53691600
Tempestus Command Squad (4) 36pts
4 meltaguns 48 points

84 points.

worth it?
>>
>>53691522
>can potentially one-shot a knight
A lot of things can "potentially" do that.

I'm not going to put a whole lot of faith in a cc walker that's less durable than a trunk.
>>
>>53691535
70points for dual melta isn't so bad.
>>53691564
If those three attacks were all hunting lances I'd be pretty stoked.

I'm not too impressed with guardsmen's punching ability.
>>
>>53691715
5 tempestus (45)
3 hellguns (3)
2 meltas (24)
72 pts

hmm.
>>
>>53689302
Die. Just die please.
>>
>>53691200
They don't weild two heavy guns, they all weild a sword and something else. What makes it retarded is the fact that they are weilding two heavy guns.
>>
>>53691907
How is two heavy guns retarded?
Thread posts: 589
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.