[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 435
Thread images: 39

File: image_3.jpg (349KB, 1783x3000px) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
349KB, 1783x3000px
Paizo Games General /pgg/ (formerly known as /pfg/, Pathfinder and Starfinder welcome)

Tell me your diplomancy exploits. How hard did you bard?

Link repository, could really use an update: https://pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>53683191
>>
File: 1493908022750.png (363KB, 784x719px) Image search: [Google]
1493908022750.png
363KB, 784x719px
Reminder that Contemplatives are horrendously overpowered
>>
How do I make a good Psychic?
>>
>>53686931
fuck dude i dunno i've never ever LOOKED that that class
>>
>>53686904
>diplomancy
>how hard did I bard
I could tell you more RL stories of those than I could of Pathfinder ones, to be honest.
>>
>>53686940
Do it.
>>
Sorta-newfag asking the same question in the new thread to get more input
If I were to try and submit to JttW, how would I go about building this firekick cutie?
>>
Dare I say that this JttW app may well be pure Kino?

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5112384/character-thread/?pageforid=5144243#post-5144243

>Has the characters from the legend in her backstory
>Lived on Earth
>Apparently thinks Earth is 10,000 years in the future
>Forgot to read the part where only racial variants from Bloodforged (and not races) were allowed.
>Son Wukong is literally a major character in her backstory
>Is so old she forgot if she was a tyrant queen back in the day
>China eventually becomes Tian Xia

A for effort, it's actually rather well done. It's just... very not in setting.

Also, the girl is cute, and that's like 50% of an App.
>>
>>53686947
I think you're on the right track with Steelfist Commando for what its worth., its more deciding on the other half of the gestalt.
>>
>>53686962
That's honestly precious. I want to hug this person and torture Argentum into accepting the app.
>>
>>53686962
>Fresh account
there is an elaborate meme going on here and I hope Argentum takes the bait and sees where it goes for the rest of us.

I swear to god if it's Wist funposting because she can't make the timeslot I'm going to aaaaaa
>>
>>53686947
Entropic Sage Hedgewitch || Steelfist Commando Warlord

Argent is giving a free discipline swap, so toss out that rank ass steel serpent and grab yourself Elemental Flux. From there, just pick the maneuvers you want, maining Elemental Flux.

Spending a single spellpoint, when you kick someone you should be good to add something like 18d6 fire damage to a single kick.

You could also go Aurora Soul Mystic, but they lose out on BAB, which might be important given this is a gestalt game (and thus, high BAB access is easier to come by).
>>
>>53686974
As bad as this is going to sound, which has less bookkeeping between entropic sage and body avowed? I know my own flaws, and tracking stuff that isn't basic Vancian spell slots has given me trouble in the past, so I want to keep it in the realm of what I know I can play well.

>>53687003
That sounds pretty fucking nuts, and I love it already. I'm a fan of full BAB and steelfist already, so I'll be keeping that for sure.
>>
>>53686945
I'll start out basic then. By which I mean a grand epic adventure of failure, success and bardicness.
>Climbing a mountain
>Make poor survival rolls and LOSE MY WAY
>I'm much too far south of my natural habitat so I don't realize treelines don't work the way they should (end at 1000 meters tops)
>Foolishly push on to the top of the subpeak instead of backtrack to the road
>IRREVOCABLY LOST AND LOSE MAP
>fuckthisshitimout.jpg
>cross a ridge so oversaturated with fir trees that I have to walk on the treetops like 4 meter stilts
>follow the waterways and eventually make my way down to the road
>get a lift with friendly burgers
>dropped off at the tram to the top
>reach the top with the power of technology
>time to SING THE SONGS OF MY PEOPLE for dank memes and the folks back home, and tape it for posterity
>notice large crowd gathering around me because I'm making a ruckus
>ROLL PERFORMANCE (SING)
>critical success with high-ass modifiers and epic intro speech
>other people start filming during performance, rousing applause
>bow out and climb down the mountain the way I should've gone on the way up
That was a good day even though it was full of failure
>>
>>53687019
probably entropic sage honestly, given the number of clauses and shapes and so on and so forth that avowed gets.
>>
>>53687019
Don't forget to take the mystic assault and improved mystic assault feats! They enable way stronger full attacks!
>>
>>53687019
>>53687029
Avowed is simpler because there's no resource pool.

You pick your stuff and then you just have it all day with no tracking at all.
>>
>>53687019
Go Body Avowed so you can main Strength instead of Dex while maintaining a stellar AC. Use Steelfist Commando to grab Prescient Dodge for Charisma to AC as well. Stats should be STR=CHA>CON>DEX=INT>WIS
>>
>>53687052
A fair argument too.

Neither is particularly hard to bookkeep honestly.
>>
>>53686962
Argentum, the character itself is also from the legend, just genderbent and with an entirely overhauled backstory. A few of the story beats were from the original novel as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Boy
>>
>>53686904
In the start of the current campaign I'm in, we were tasked with a missing persons case. Missing person was semi-murdered by a local armsdealer.

We cut a deal, where we pinned the death on a magical mishap, got cash from all sides, made contacts on both the respectable parts of society as well as the underworld, and even got to keep the magical object instrumental in the death.
>>
>>53687058
CON should equal DEX which is greater than INT there, I'm sorry, I'm sleepy.
>>
>>53687029
Got it. SoP doesn't look too bad, from the wiki synopsis on the "using spheres of power" page

>>53687052
>>53687063
I'll be sure to check out avowed more carefully as well then, because having STR as my primary stat does sound really nice.

>>53687043
That's a SoP feat line, right?
>>
>>53687079
Yeah, SoP feat line, under general feats.
>>
>>53687072
I was wondering why it sounded familiar.

3AM is getting to me. It's the real Cabal Hours.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13138369
>>
im having a stroke and my phone is out of battery what do i do
>>
>>53687106
get into a hallway/outside and call for help as best you can
flail and get someone to see you
fuck i don't know
>>
>>53687138
i cant open my mouth
my head hurts fuck im gonna try
>>
>>53687058
I don't see Body in the avowed playtest, only Self
Am I retarded?
>>
>>53687169
Body is in Avowed 2 playtest under Subpacts

Normal Self pact doesn't play as well with an initiator who will be full attacking less
>>
>Tales of RL Diplomancy and Bardicness
Here's another one.
>Final year of High School: Bard of the Final Year edition
>Bard class gets to do big music projects instead of the boring shit the others do, counts for more credits
>Class divides into groups according to what we want to do, I'm in the Musicals group
>Assemble a DIY musical with homebrew script and a pick of music from other musicals
>I am by far the only practiced writer in the group so I get complete script authority
>Curiously the most popular Chad in all of school is also in my group, pretty good guy but chronically popular with the ladies
>Use the power of diplomancy to gain the trust of the rest of the group that I know what I'm doing and my script is good
>Even do special training with Chad, good fun
>Day of the performance comes, teacher cockblocks my idea of using actual fucking swords (the ones we trained with) on stage so we have to use our wooden backups
>Still get to roll highest Perform (Sing) that day, and kill Chad's character in a swordfight duel about who gets both waifus at stake
I think I earned myself a fair amount of enemies that day.
>>
>>53686904
>Be Fiendbound Marauder, Black Thorn Knight
>Negotiating with local knightly order for information and assistance
>Make reasonable argument
>Mfw DM tells me to roll Diplomacy
>Mfw I remember it's untrained and at 7 CHA
>Mfw I then followup the speech with "...or else"
>Intimidate check with +34 modifier
>>
>>53687185
All I'm seeing in two is the betrothed, aspirant, and the race along with all the trait and feat options
I'm almost certain I'm being really dumb right now and I apologize for it
>>
>>53687272
I am really stupid and sorry
>>
Now, for some pathfinder stuff. This one isn't mine, though - it's a tale from my players. In my game.
It's a tale of caution.

>On the Boat
>Pirates be boarding
>The guys line up their stuff, start handing them their asses
>One of the guys we usually don't play with (who I replaced as a regular in the group, because of soon to be obvious reasons) decides to take his character and make the enemy surrender
>with Diplomacy
>He's a lv2 Sorcerer
>There's like at least 5 crossbowmen still standing, not mentioning the melee guys
>Almost fucking murdered where he stands, only survive thanks to healers on team
>still refuse to admit how fucking stupid of an idea it was afterward

That's how to NOT use diplomacy. At least in my games.
>>
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs

Let me know if I missed any and I'll add them to my list
>>
>>53687185
So what I want to do is just take Channel 4 times, and maybe 3 Eruption, and then stack up on passive clauses with Inferno as my main modulation
Am I correct so far?
>>
>>53687517
Pretty much.

You might not even need channel 3 or 4 if you don't plan on full attacking so much.
>>
>>53686921
That whatnows?
>>
Now that it's known how Trick Attack works (as a full action, make one attack and roll a skill check against a DC of 20+CR to gain 1d8 damage per each odd level, such as 1d8/2d8/3d8 at levels 1/3/5, etc.; in addition, you treat the enemy's *AC as 2 lower when you succeed on the skill check), I have another concern.
I believe such a formula is way too flat to be reasonably useful throughout the game.
First, let's imagine a level 1 Operative. Realistically, we can expect +4 DEX, 1 rank, and +3 class bonus in a skill for a total of +8. That means having to roll 13 or higher to get your main combat feature against a level 1 monster, which is oddly rare and doesn't sound fun.
Second, it's likely that, at high levels, similarly to Pathfinder, this DC will be really easy to meet due to there being ever more ways to boost skills, making the DC change from "too high" to "negligibly low" over the course of level progression.
For an example of the above assertion, a Sarcesian's stat block (using it for the example as it has trick attack) has +17 in its' highest trick attack eligible skills at CR 5, meaning it needs to roll a natural 8 to trick attack an equal-level creature, which sounds far more reasonable.
>>
>>53686947
Dragon scale monk with Elemental Fist feat after she has Dragon Strike. Make her a tiefling or dragon-blooded sorcerer or bloodrager for maximum charisma effectiveness.

Hint: Yin Xue Hua already has that build without the dragon magic/blood.
>>
What are the best schools of magic to spell focus as a sorcerer/wizard?

Why?
>>
>>53687890
Conjuration because it's broken or Illusion because Shadow X spells are busted.
>>
>>53687910

I was thinking conjuration. Grease, Glitterdust, Web, and Create Pit make my dick hard.
>>
>>53687917
>>53687910
>>53687890
Abjurers make the best lovers because they understand boundaries.
>>
How do you justify student of philosophy for martials? What about barbarians?
>>
File: yinan-cui-.jpg (743KB, 1600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
yinan-cui-.jpg
743KB, 1600x2000px
>>53686904

So how will The Demesne reach the stars? Will we have Dragons 3 when Starfinder comes out?

My money's on a "Family owned business" the size of a megacorp.
>>
>>53687936

I'm really only seeking my own pleasure when it comes to love, but what are the highlights of abjuration?
>>
>>53687949
>I'm really only seeking my own pleasure when it comes to love

Then you're an enchanter.
>>
>>53687816
Quick question: does the Sarcesian have Skill focus, and why are you companies a CR 5 creature against a level one creature for a comparison of ability? One would think you'd use a level five person, which would have a skill rank of 5, +3 for class skill, skill focus for +3 more, and a dex bonus of at least +5 by that point for +16 against a DC 25, needing an 11 to gain +3d8 damage. This disparity decreases as you gain levels (for instance the skill focus bonus goes to +6 at 10 ranks, and you would also likely have taken the other skill enhancing feat for another +4, meaning your total would be 10+3+6+4+6 dex for +29 against a DC of 35, needing a six or better for +5d8 damage).
>>
>>53687944
Well, barbarians is easy.

"What is best in life?"
>>
>>53687936

On second thought, just looking at the CRB, abjuration is a great spell list, but I don't see a lot of utility for spell focus as it's mostly cast on allies.

>>53687971

Why give people the illusion of pleasure when I can summon monster a unicorn and have a fun time with it and banish it when I'm through with it?

But in all seriousness, enchantment is a great school of magic for spell focus as it has a lot of save or suck/die stuff, but I see some obvious limitations to it as a primary school of magic. I might pick it up as a secondary, though.
>>
>>53687998
Because if it only takes you a maximum of two minutes to pleasure yourself with a conjured monster, you'll never please an actual woman.

You want to know where stamina lies? Illusion. All those concentration and imagination based magics make you perfect for loving.
>>
File: 7611270fc545f68fa7c04995a13f719a.jpg (910KB, 2000x2900px) Image search: [Google]
7611270fc545f68fa7c04995a13f719a.jpg
910KB, 2000x2900px
>>53687984
Operatives get a bonus on ALL skill checks.
>>
>>53688022
The my calculations are even more in favor of the operative.
>>
>>53687984
>and why are you companies a CR 5 creature against a level one creature for a comparison of ability?
To show that the DC gets easier to meet with level. Duh.
>>
>>53688013

I'm not interested in pleasuring a woman, that's her responsibility. As much as I love color spray, it drops off after 5HD. Silent image is solid thoroughout, but if we reach the point where we're making saving throws, I wasn't creative enough.
>>
>>53688013

Once again though, like abjuration, illusion does not have a lot of spells with saving throws. I would personally just go with silent image and call it good for actual affecting illusions. Invis, blur, etc. don't have saving throws.
>>
>>53687944
For martial it's easy. Most actual studied martial traditions required philosophical studies - Bushido, the Heraldic and Courtly Traditions for Knights, the Knights Laureate were granted their knighthood for the arts and learning, etc.
>>
File: a2bdc31bab095b8e071a5ff587c5ce53.jpg (999KB, 868x1228px) Image search: [Google]
a2bdc31bab095b8e071a5ff587c5ce53.jpg
999KB, 868x1228px
PSA:

Please don't try to convert Pathfinder classes to Starfinder DIRECTLY. If you're going to do conversions, be careful and mindful about it and try to work with the new paradigm with "short rests," resolve points, EAC/KAC, etc.

The last thing I want to see is some jackoff porting a Jolly kineticist or whatever the fuck and thinking it'll be okay even when "touch attacks" are a lot weaker because of EAC.
>>
>>53688039
If you go with Spell Focus Illusion, you can craft Shadow Piercings. Also, phantasms (hallucination spells are amazing for confusing the enemy), images, Phantasmal Killer (the first true save or die, which gets the Spell Focus on both saves), and Shadow Evocation/Conjuration/Enchantment spells (which give access to all the spells on those three lists at the price of a single spell slot, giving you much greater versatility).
>>
>>53688083

I will totally give you that in the long run, illusion does seem to kick ass with the shadow evoc/conj/ench spells. I'm starting from level 1 and probably going to hit the low teens, max. I don't want to have a build around these abilities and only be able to use them in the last two or three games. If I was starting out higher, if the campaign would last longer, then fuck yeah.
>>
Picaroon with a cestus.. how do I make it work?
>>
>>53688108
Then Evocation is your real best bet, as the low level conjurations don't have many save based spells either - they're mostly defenses and summoned monsters (which the only reason to take spell focus for is augmented summoning).
>>
>>53688115
How do you not make it work? (Hint: Shielding Gauntlet Style is your friend.)
>>
>>53688128

For sure, I might just pick up both. I know that scorching ray as a scroll isn't too bad, and my GM keeps us flush in wands and scrolls.
>>
>>53688142
A cestus isnt a gauntlet Anon.. im confused.
>>
Where were you when 1d810 damage weapons were confirmed for Starfinder?
>>
>>53688169
Either Cestus or Gauntlet can be used with Shielding Gauntlet Style, which uses it to grant you a +1 shield bonus to AC when not attacking with it (until you get the third feat in the chain; the second feat gives you a war priests damage bonus at your level -4 with the cestus/gauntlet). You use the cestus against enemies in melee and use your gun against non-melee enemies (assuming you take the feat that prevents enemies in melee from getting AoO on you when firing in melee). Because it's a cestus, you can reload without issue.
>>
>>53686962
All of her apps are "I'm an ancient being reincarnated as weaker because reasons".
>>
>>53686962
So you're saying I should switch Yin Xue Hua's picture to a cuter one?
>>
>inb4 CCC becomes an NPC while Itsuko is a PC and hunting the SmugElf down to get vengeance for Isao is one of the first quests
That would be a good end.
>>
I need a picture of a nice thicc druid
>>
>>53687944
>How do you justify student of philosophy for martials
>>>/fitlit/
>>
>>53687944

For barbarians, it's all about the hunt. Might makes right. That's a system of ethics, right there.
>>
File: ooze2.gif (37KB, 294x265px) Image search: [Google]
ooze2.gif
37KB, 294x265px
>https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5112384/character-thread/?pageforid=5144431#post-5144431
>>
File: MCB.jpg (469KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
MCB.jpg
469KB, 640x960px
You invade the soul of a seemingly indifferent outsider and come across a chained up small child of a common race. What do

What are your predictions for what my players will do?
>>
File: PFG movie.jpg (558KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
PFG movie.jpg
558KB, 600x900px
What's the perfect recipe for making a meme game?
>>
>>53688785
Sending PM's.
>>
>>53688510
>I can't play in this timeslot, I just desperately crave attention because I have an unfulfilling personal life.

What did he mean by this
>>
>>53688785
>2hu
>high functioning
u w0t m8
>>
>>53688808
Wist meant she can make a better app for a game she doesn't want to get into than whatever you can make when you actually try
>>
>>53688785
>ERP
>Quirky Twist on something well known
>"It's like X but..."
>ERP
>Playing the Cabal like a damn fiddle
>Gestalt
>>
>>53688808
>he
>>
>>53688863
Isn't Wist a tranny?
>>
>>53688863
Everyone on the internet defaults as a man until proven otherwise. You know this, dude.
>>
>>53688785
Level 8 gestalt
Isekai with an abbreviated childhood
The gods are the Norse gods in exile from earth as well, Loki is the one who brought the pcs over
Elves rule the world with the enslaved, undead armies of humans past
Main good aligned race are succubi who get their magic from the human side of their bloodlines (comes from the gods)
Players are encouraged to knock up or get knocked up by as many succubus as they can
>>
>>53688847
This. It's an exercise for her, and a hard fought, losing battle for you. Rinta was the same way. Top 3, arguably number 1 app, and Wist churned it out as a creative workout.
>>
>>53688785
Something memorable. The gimmick needs pizzazz.
>>
File: 1495358782787.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495358782787.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>>53688847
>>53688912
What if we took Wist's auto-accepted apps and then got 2hu to min-max the crunch so she could wipe the floor with the party?
>>
File: ddc3e018537a69512736e103fa0f17ff.jpg (767KB, 1414x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ddc3e018537a69512736e103fa0f17ff.jpg
767KB, 1414x1000px
>>53688856
How do you play the ERP cabal like a damn fiddle?
>>
>>53688944
Make the application period long as fuck while the premise is cute and interesting, such as in Ensoulment.
The Cabal will eat each other over getting in.
>>
>>53688944
Just comment every so often, get yourself known, then start shilling. Also behave like a submissive cute anime grill/bird.
>>
>>53688903
What do any of these have to do with a meme game?

>Isekai with an abbreviated childhood
And what the hell is this kind of isekai?
>>
>>53688951
Reborn in another world, but skip to them being old enough to go do shit
>>
File: 63207276_p0.jpg (449KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
63207276_p0.jpg
449KB, 752x1062px
>>53688949
>>53688950
Was the Fluffy Tail 1/2 bamboozle the first major cabal fiddle-playing, before there was even a cabal?
>>
>>53688964
Are there really isekais where the protags get reborn as babbies?
>>
>>53688912

"Creative work out" aka attention whoring
>>
>Tfw only started frequenting /pfg/ again recently since game died
>Tfw it's nothing but fetishplay and circlejerking anymore since most people have realized Pathfinder is shit but have nothing else to play
>>
>>53688510
PLD pls fall apart
>>
>>53688988
I'm working on getting them to play 5e. Planting the seeds slowly...
>>
>>53688973
There's a bunch. There's one about a book addict where major plot points revolve around the fact that she's still like 5 years old but has the knowledge of a 20-30 year old japanese woman.

I read too many of these things goddamn
But I can't stop reading about how goofy and overpowered the main characters are
>>
>>53689025
>>53688988
>>>/5eg/
>>
>>53688988
Most of the actual discussion of pathfinder takes place in cabals
>>
>>53688975
>participating in chargen and storytelling
>literally two thirds of the experience
>attention whoring

Fucking idiot
>>
>>53689019
Because you want Wist to suffer, or because you want her to get into JttW?

Cashmere is cuter
>>
>>53689044
I want Wist to be happy, and I'd like to feed her my cookies.
>>
>>53689038
No it doesn't lmao
>>
>>53688988
Either start discussion, deal with it, or best of all since you're probably a shill, get out.
>>
>>53688022

That does concern me rather a bit. I'm not a huge fan of 'X class is the best at non-combat stuff'.
>>
>>53689093
I still want to be a robot soldier
>>
VOTE VOTE VOTE
>>
Cornugon Smash: is it worth it? How will I know if it is?
>>
File: IMG_3071.jpg (121KB, 620x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3071.jpg
121KB, 620x1000px
Where's my fucken greentext for the Wednesday games?
>>
How bad is it that I want to play a gestalt Rogue//Gunslinger?
>>
>>53689128
UC Rogue || UC Gunslinger presumably?
>>
>>53689115
Only if you have something else that triggers with intimidate/shaken, otherwise the free shaken isn't really worth it. (Unless you've got feats out the ass that you don't know what to do with)
>>53689128
Gestalt Anything+Gunslinger is loads of fun considering how well Gunslinger meshes with just about everything
>>
>>53689135
I've no idea what's UC Gunslinger like - never read it.
>>
File: 1468055262214.pdf (415KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1468055262214.pdf
415KB, 1x1px
>>53689149
>>
What non-combatant roles are suitable for a child part of an expedition into notSiberia?
>>
>>53689273
Emergency provisions
>>
>>53689273
Cook's assistant, waiter/server, clothes washer assistant, foraging assistant, morale captain.
>>
>>53689273
Cabin boy/girl equivalent
>>
>>53686921
>no blast power

And how?
>>
>>53689329
>+4 INT
>replace saving throws with knowledge checks 1/day
>racial flight 30ft
>racial blindsense 60ft
>>
>>53688965
Dat hip baring outfit.
>>
>Pathfinder races can be ported to Starfinder
>Can make a Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Bounty Hunter Soldier

Heh, downy feather pubes.
>>
>>53688721
I've seen this meme, the trick is she's the true threat.
>>
>>53688721
Murderhobo the shit out of it.
>>
>>53689128
>>53689144
Unchained Rogue is good for Gunslinger, as there are a couple of talents that directly give you good things like grit and deeds for free. The fact that they get dex to damage also means they can function in melee and ranged combat well.

Goddamn Macs are fucking annoying. their spellcheckers are vicious and unforgiving.
>>
>>53689329
>Blindsense
>natural flight
>+4 fucking Int
>saves become knowledge checks, and considering that +4 Int...
>>
>>53689502
While Shirren are less bullshit than that, they seem kinda broken for a core race:
>Blindsense
>Telepathy
>1/day, reroll anything
>>
>>53689526
Almost everything is getting telepathy now.
>>
>>53689536
This is the era Rinta envisioned!
>>
>>53689557
>Ensoulment is canon backstory for Starfinder
>Paizo confirms Rinta gets into the game
>>
(Paizo on [Ex.] abilities)

>How it works is, at the point your character is using it, extraordinary. It's not invoking magic to " bend light around yourself and muffle any minor sounds you make." Things like real-world interactive camouflage and sound dampening show that you don't have to have magic to produce those effects.
>Nor is it a piece of gear that can be taken from you.
>Now, maybe that means you had a technomancer alter the quantum state of your entire body, so you could have different light and sound refracting qualities. that certainly would take magic to accomplish... but once it's done you just do it, like glass allows light to pass through it.
>Or maybe you learned deep meditation techniques. This is the same universe as occult rituals after all, there's no telling what you can do with mind over matter.
Or maybe you had Stealthites, a form of nanites, injected into your body that can cause this reaction, with the same biochemistry that allows your electric nerve impulses to continue to function even if you are hit by an EMP.
>Or maybe you allowed a Vangarian Phase Ooze seep into every pore of your body, so you could gain its natural ability to be hard to see and hear, though you can only prod the thing into doing so for short bursts at a time. Plus, everything sweet now tastes like copper, as you aren't afraid to remind friends.
>Those are decisions you can make to match your character's background.
the effect is extraordinary -- far from "normal," but not explicitly driven by magic or active technology, regardless of how you originally gained the ability.
>>
>>53689623
Is there Love in the far future?
>>
>>53689655
I can't wait to see all the grognard butthurt over martials getting to do cool things with (ex) abilities.
>>
>>53689669
Some say it blooms on the battlefield.
>>
>>53689819
W-which Ensoulment character does that confirm?
>>
>>53689677
Grognards aren't the one butthurt about that, it's martialfags who can't stand weeaboo fightan magic.
>>
>>53689860
You're waifu and a fat faceless pig of a man that just has a way with dominating her.
>>
>>53689860
Broodie's Waifu-chan.
>>
>>53689871
Jokes on you, I'm all about the husbandos
>>
>>53689819
>>
>>53689655
That's really cool, but it would suck to lose the ability to taste sweet! Or would this mean metal tastes good?
>>
>>53689885
Which husbando is yours?
>>
Is gunslinger a good class?
>>
>>53689886
too soon
>>
>>53689904
Kinda, you have to work through the ammo crunch.
>>
>>53689903
_________Jericho_____
>>
>>53689972
TWO COCKS
>>
>>53689338
>>53689502
>>53689526
Oh, you meant, the race, not, the class...
>>
Okay, currently I have it in my head that smugelf Love Princess might be a Slayer but that's just the result of sleeping 2 hours. I should take my time and think this through.
>>
>>53690177
>Not being a vigilante
>Not taking companion to the lonely
>>
>Wist apps a daddy for JttW
I love everything about this
>>
>>53690219
>Sleep is old
>IKiD is husbando
>Wist is daddy

Where were you when everything began to come undone at the seams?
>>
>>53690219
And sappy applied with a sexy ninja, we discussed these developments last night please don't start the celeb talk again.
>>
>>53690188
I mean, on one hand that fits right. On the other hand, I'm trying for pure love and not just trying to lewd everything in sight.
>>
>>53690281
Dude play a Comrade
>>
>>53690314
Communism Princess When??
>>
>>53690314
iirc Comrade is unironically a decent class.
>>
>>53690314
Where can I find this class?
>>
>>53690281
Play a Cavalier then, or a Paladin.

Or a Vigilante with companion to the lonely who only uses that Vigilante Talent when she finds her true love; she's an utter freak in bed, but only for one man!
>>
>>53690360
http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/comrade
>>
Goddamn the Red Maiden is good.
Why are there so many good apps for JttW there isn't even a single shitter app
>>
>>53690386
Shit, I suddenly want to change from Smugelf to both Love and Communist Princess at the same time.
>>
File: happen.png (3KB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
happen.png
3KB, 310x325px
It's finally happening!
>>
>>53690424
Give it a fucking rest
>>
>>53690395
>Goddamn the Red Maiden is good.
Woah there bud. Slow your self-shilling. It's unbecoming to be this obvious.
>>
>>53690415
The common man deserves your love.

>>53690433
>le self shill meme
At this point I'm wondering if someone is, in fact, self-shilling and is simply trying to deflect.
>>
>>53689025
Fuck you, this is a containment general.
>>
I want to apply with this as a pic! What class should she be and what game should it be for?
>>
>>53690462
I'll spread their disease to 5e, just you wait. Soon /5eg/ will be wracked by lewdposters, shipping, rape games, and other repulsive things.
>>
>>53690442
Yeah, but that does make me think she'd be a worshipper of Shelyn
>>
>>53690499
Shelyn isn't real in Ensoulment, you'd need to play Golarion for that.

>>53690477
I've been goading on the wewuz posting, so I'm already halfway there.
>>
>>53690442
>At this point I'm wondering if someone is, in fact, self-shilling and is simply trying to deflect.
Everybody is self-shilling pretty much constantly, anon. Celebs do it. Nobodies do it. Even anons having a giggle with a fresh r20 account do it.
>>
File: 1482257194620.jpg (165KB, 1357x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482257194620.jpg
165KB, 1357x960px
>>53690508
How can we make a game where nobody can self-shill?
>>
VOTE OR DIE
>>
>>53690522
Don't let people talk about it on an anonymous message board
>>
>>53690522
We just have to ban you
>>
>>53690522
Private apps to the GM only via PMs.
No seeing the competition allowed.
>>
>>53690505
You're right. I'll have to get some sleep before I can figure out more things about the princess.
>>
>>53690554
Sleep now, sweet anon, let the Princess come to you in your dreams. She will guide you on the right path.
>>
>>53690530
>literally suggesting to PM THEM
l-lewd
>>
>>53690530
I like this, maybe have it as a campaign where everyone's a high-level badass, and the first couple sessions nobody's together but they hear stories and rumor of other PCs?
>>
How does one 1pp vigilante? Do I simply take a level in the archetype of my choice in vigilante and then go off to do something else as an entirely different class? Do I pour all my love, my anger and all of my sorrow into vigilante alone and then become the night as I swoop in from the roofs to be mediocre in combat and somewhat decent outside of it?
>>
>>53690591
wut
Vigilante is legitimately one of the best 1pp classes.
>>
Reminder that only celebs will get into Ensoulment and everybody else will be lucky to be guest stars.
>>
>>53690586
The main problem is that nobody will put in effort to app for a game that doesn't get popular.
No apps to talk about and no visible competition will mean it will never gain traction.

Ironically this would need to coast ENTIRELY off celeb names, because you could get an impression of the popularity and quality of other players with a non-spoiler list of which names have submitted something.
>>
>>53690601
Explain. All I ever hear about it is that vigilante is meh'est of the meh's.
>>
>>53687859
Good thing I won't be making a dragon monk then
It just means I'll have to work harder on my own app to make it competitive!
>>
>>53690530
>>53690586
This is really the only way to do it, but people would still talk about their characters in the general under the guise of "I have this idea for PMGAME and I need your help refining it"
>>
File: 1489715472751.jpg (897KB, 860x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1489715472751.jpg
897KB, 860x1214px
What's the full roster of celebrity appers?

Other than, like, Captain Slow and Wist.
>>
>>53690626
Just look at the fucking class, m8.
Avenger Vigilante is virtually "what would Fighter be like in an ideal world", while Stalker Vigilante is "what would Rogue be like in an ideal world".
Most of the archetypes are also very fun.
It's the best-designed class of everything Paizo published to date.
>>
>>53690632
Easy, you don't allow the ones who do that in.
Don't declare it publicly, of course.
Just silently mark them down as as self-shill.
>>
>>53690652
>Easy, you don't allow the ones who do that in.
Like you could stop them.
>>
>>53690661
Well, assuming I'm the GM, yes I certainly could and would.
>>
File: 1496614937659.png (630KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496614937659.png
630KB, 714x1000px
>>53690624
Why the fuck is it a GOOD thing for a game to be nothing but a popularity and meme contest?
>>
>>53690642
Old school: Slow, Wist, Disk, Sleep, Broodie, DHB, 2hu, Vult, Rory
More recently: Sappy, Kawase, IKiD, Succula
>>
Is PLD going to be the first reverse bamboozle? People keep a point to it and saying they can't make the time slot.
>>
>>53690682
Did 2hu even ever submit an app to anything?
>>
>>53690678
What the fuck, stick-arms?
>>
>>53690671
>all the good apps get banned because you interpet any discussion as self-shilling
GJ
>>
>>53690671
Assuming you're the GM; that's quite a big assumption though.

>>53690678
I don't think it entirely matters. It's up to the GM in the end of it all anyway, it's not like self-shilling always works and it often backfires.

>>53690682
>Wist
>old school
I'm going to say she took off with Cashmere's LOGS and the Succube, so she's really more or less recent in terms of actual relevance.
>>
>>53690624
>>53690632
It means the players who apply actually want a game more than a meme, and as >>53690652 suggests you simply blacklist the apps that actually drop names or obvious references to their proposed character.

The campaign I envision has each player in the dark as to who their party members are, until they hear the legend and the rumor before meeting the man or woman behind the myth. Really Avengers-esque in a way, let them make assumptions and biases.
>>
>>53690715
If they need to talk about it with anyone, then clearly it's not as good as they thought it was.
>>
>>53690703
2hu submitted an app to my game about a year ago.
>>
>>53690723
Then just run a group with your real life friends instead of this convoluted bullshit.
>>
>>53690722
That's a great idea. You should try it out, but it might be good to wait until just after Ensoulment closes.
>>
>>53690647
What talents are practically mandatory for an Avenger?
>>
>>53690742
>someone on /tg/
>having real life friends
laughingsluts.jpg
>>
>>53690678
I want to snuggle that Awoo and princess carry her around!
>>
>>53690703
Used to go under the name Earth Seraph Edna and would apply to every /pfg/ game asking the same set of questions to figure out the exact optimization ceiling the DM was looking for.
>>
>>53690682
Is Succula really a celeb?

Everyone recognizes the name but nobody talks about his apps ever, except for blatant meme potoo pirate.
And even then, not that much.
>>
>Seong Jimin
We've got our first primary caster it looks like.
>>
So is this a good idea for an arcane trickster?

1 level of rogue
3 levels of wizard
Grab Accomplished Sneak Attacker to get the required 2d6 sneak
And done, get arcane trickster from level 5 and onward
>>
>>53690751
Depends on how you build it. Look at the fucking class, m80.
>>
>>53690682
Sappy isn't really recent
Also, does Cerila count considering Itsuko? I think she's been applying for a while now too.
>>
>>53690749
No no, I'm not a DM. I've just got a mind for DM hooks and ideas because that's a campaign I've been really wanting to play.
>>
>>53690758
As bad as 2hu may be at times, Edna is best girl and I can't fault his taste.
>>
>>53690765
That's the standard Arcane Trickster build.
>>
>>53690776
You should become a DM sometime. It's scary at first, but it gets pretty fun.
>>
>>53690758
He still goes under Edna.
>exact optimization ceiling
Well I mean he has the decency to ask at least.
>>
>>53690682
>That fucken new generation

Holy shit, even the lewdsters are taking a nosedive in quality. Look at those fuckers, damn.
>>
>>53690715
I don't care how good of a writer you are, if you can't follow basic directions, you're a shit player who's going to cause problems down the line.
>>
>>53690788
>two people who write decent characters, one is nice enough the other is an asshole
>someone else who's primarily known for taking the knot
>one more guy who is primarily known for THICC, I've legit never seen anyone talk about his characters
It's more or less about the same desu, especially if you count Wist as recent.
>>
>>53690786
>Well I mean he has the decency to ask at least.
And then screech autistically when the GM refuses to give him exact parameters for where the line between acceptable and OP is.
>>
File: 1492557269569.jpg (200KB, 1116x896px) Image search: [Google]
1492557269569.jpg
200KB, 1116x896px
>>53690728
What game was that?

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE, are you Molthune GM, god damn it?
>>
>>53690803
>Iron fist DM who kicks out any player who disagrees with their ideas

Stay as a player, anon.
>>
>>53690781
Then which class is better to get at level 1? Wizard to get to spellbook and whatever for free and to be a wizard in the first place or rogue for the added money and proficiency with more weapons and so that I can do more than just cast color spray once and go hide behind the fighter?
>>
>>53690803
First, you misunderstood me. The anon is probably enough of a fucktard to interpret any discussion (even not by the author) as self-shilling, disqualifying any discussion-attracting app aka any good app.
Second, he explicitly said he wouldn't announce this banning mechanism.
Third, even if this banning mechanism is announced, /pgg/ sperglords would be all over pretending to be each other to ban the competition.

>>53690814
It was CotCT.

>>53690819
>actually playing at level 1
>>
>>53690728
>>53690814
Lynch Molthuneanon
>>
>>53690814
>A year ago
>Molthune
I know time seems to go slower in this day and age of meme games and celebs, but come on anon.
>>
>>53690817
>kicking out
They wouldn't even be allowed in in the first place. That's not the same thing, anon... or should I say, cabalist?
>>
>>53690830
>, disqualifying any discussion-attracting app aka any good app.
>implying attracting discussion makes an app good
>>
>>53690830
>pretending to be each other
>apps are secretly submitted by PMs
How exactly?
>>
>>53690835
>cabalist
Let's be clear here, if there was actually a cabal, you would be deleted for this. Janny apps were open a while ago.
>>
>>53690830
If it's all private, then they don't even know the character exists, you moron.
>disqualifying any discussion-attracting app aka any good app.
>aka any good app
Oh, I see.
>>
>>53690847
>>53690852
We are talking about different scenarios, m80's. The initial suggestion was not submitting apps by PM's, just banning any app which "self-shills" while they're public.
>>
>>53690846
Being terrible sometimes attracts attention too, but C3 and Rinta are both good apps and attract attention - oh wait you're the memelord who thinks they're both shit and probably prefers Felix or something

>>53690830
Private apps.
>>
>>53690835
Is he using cabalist... non ironically?
>>
>>53690862
I don't doubt they're shit but I honestly don't know anything about ensoulment apps aside from the rape baby.
>>
>>53690857
No, we aren't. That was brought up in response to the idea of PMs by saying they would discuss it in public.
>>
>>53690857
You need PMs to keep false-flag shills from happening.

And PMs just make the discovery of your teammates that much better!
>>
>>53690875
Then I have misunderstood. My apologies.
>>
>>53690871
>I don't doubt they're shit
They aren't, that's the problem, they're the apps that are getting discussion because they're hilariously good by a blowout margin, not because they're hilariously bad by an even bigger margin.
>>
>>53690882
Or because people want to fuck them. That's usually the case with attention attracting apps.
>>
>>53690892
There's at least one memelord who wants to fuck C3 but I haven't seen anyone who wants to "FUCK Rinta"
>>
>>53690882
Given the type of "discussion" they attract, I'm less inclined to believe your assertion of quality and more of >>53690892

They're definitely decent, but nothing special.
>>
>>53690830
Did you kick 2hu out of the game for being a fucktard?
>>
>>53690899
>but I haven't seen anyone who wants to "FUCK Rinta"
Looks like then thirst lords are evolving then.
>>
>>53690925
2hu pulled out the app the day before app period was over due to scheduling issues.
>>
>>53690899
Rinta is more about shared senses.
>>
>>53690926
The ones who want to fuck C3 seem to mainly be a footfag and some guy with a breeding fetish or something, I wouldn't exactly call that evolution.
>>
>>53690939
It's a slow process.
>>
>>53690938
>be in Rinta's collective while she masturbates
>>
>>53690938
So wait, you can fuck Rinta while feeling Rinta being fucked.
>>
>>53690939
Pretty sure C3 gets so much lust because it clearly bothers Kawase.
>>
>>53690954
I'm like 80% sure collectives do not work like that
>>
>>53690954
>>53690956
You see people? My point exactly. It's just more lust instead of actually caring about the quality of the app itself.
>>
File: 1482393214538.jpg (2MB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
1482393214538.jpg
2MB, 2480x3507px
Is there any updated version of Treantmonk's guides? Especially for Wizard since his current guide has outdated as fuck spells.

>>53690957
So thirstlords / memers are shilling Kawase's app and hyping it to high heaven, in the hopes it will bother Kawase? That would really be something wouldn't it
>no no you see this is 5000 dimensional hyperchess played with mahjong tiles on a monopoly board
>>
>>53690973
Except people have pointed out why it's a good app.
>>
>>53690957
I want to get CCC hot and bothered so she can be BRED!
>>
>>53690994
No?
>>
>>53690523
>VOTE
STOP POSTING YOUR SHITTY STARSHITTER POLL YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>53691005
:^)
>>
>>53691004
Yes, they have.
You just disregard it all because you absolutely [need] to blame it on thirstlords and stuff. Hell C3 even got reviews explaining in depth why it's a good app.
>>
>>53691016
No, I mean Rinta never got an actual analysis. I know C3 did.
>>
>>53690973
This is why I'm so against reviews/character discussion in the thread. It's the "I'm reading for the articles" of discussion. Pretext to go through before it degenerates into lusting over dicks and cunts.
>>53690994
The most I've seen is "good character interaction" which seems to amount to "it would be hot to fuck someone in a collective" and "I want to fuck the smug out of the elf"
>>
>>53690882
It's kinda funny that this entire discussion about anti-shilling games originated from an anon accusing another anon of shilling a joke app from a fresh anonymous account.
>>
>>53690807
I thought IKiD had moved on to Blingposting
>>
>>53690973
On the internet where anyone can pick a cute anime girl image, it's personality and concept that sets one cute anime girl over the other.

The very fact some cute girl apps have more attention than others should be testament to this. Nobody's talked about Rinta's appearance at all, except to say the Vitalist is cuter.
>>
>>53690899
I want to fuck Rinta so hard her entire Collective orgasms at once
>>
>>53691054
>The very fact some cute girl apps have more attention than others should be testament to this
Not really. Some people have different tastes in cute anime grills.
>>
>>53691054
I like how you're dodging the point. Once again, it proves my own without me having to do a thing.
>>
>>53691020
Well I don't really have the patience to give an in depth analysis but -
Beyond the technical level, Rinta is a good app because her main flaw, tone, has been handwaved as essentially irrelevant by Protagonist.
She provides an interesting personality and a cute, innocent, but fundamentally unhinged idealism, contrasting sharply with many other apps while providing a dramatic foil to people like C3 who are idealistic but not innocent. C3's idealism is like a mature, thought out idealism, but she's still a child at heart, her idealism is simply a child's idealism clad in adult clothing, while Rintaelle's idealism is one that is one of a child's through and through.
Rintaelle also manages to present her ideaology to the Princess in a suitably autistic way and in a way that's actually quite appealing for a naive princess. Furthermore, her ideals themselves are perfectly suitable for a game like this - 'everyone can be friends' is something that is hardly new to heroism, but Rinta is representative of collectivism going too far while actually believing, she's a well-intentioned extremist in the same way C3 is.
>>
>>53691051
Why not both? Tit Witch is a meme, but so is Gloriana. Shame the latter is only known for getting fucked by a dog, now.
>>
>>53691092
Not only did she get fucked by a dog, she got knocked up by that dog. She's having puppies.
>>
>>53691092
Maybe she'll top the dog somehow, and become known for something even worse.
>>
>>53691082
>dodging the point
No, you're missing the point. The point is that because literally everyone can choose a hot girl as the picture, it's personality and concept that makes the hot girl better than other hot girls. His point is that if C3 or Rinta were shit apps people wouldn't care about them even if they were hot.
>>
>>53691091
I believe you. Frankly, I find those sorts of characters incredibly boring so excuse me if I'm not impressed.
>>
File: 1489620417664.jpg (110KB, 800x758px) Image search: [Google]
1489620417664.jpg
110KB, 800x758px
>>53690830
Wait a sec Mashallah, is that you?

>It was CotCT.
>actually playing at level 1

Says the guy running CotCT from level 1...
>>
>>53691106
Is that even possible?

>>53691114
Remember: she's His.
>>
>>53691119
>the guy
pls
>>
File: 1494190066015.jpg (78KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494190066015.jpg
78KB, 679x960px
>>53690832
Molthune was last October. It's more than half a year ago.
>>
>>53691091
Rinta sounds even cuter now that you explain it so succinctly, Anon.

I'm going to PM Wist
>>
>>53691116
Talk about the apps you think are good!
The only way to break the celeb cycle is to point the spotlight at the overshadowed!
>>
>>53691091
So what you're saying is -
Rinta is Fate route Emiya Shirou, an immature child.
C3 is Emiya Kiritsugu, a (wo)manchild.
Is that what you're saying?
>>
>>53691129
>Remember: she's His.

Rape Daddy? That's kinda neat. Demon rapists are a time-honored tradition.
>>
>>53691129
Fuck if I know, but I remember reading the LOGS and Vult very specifically said she was impregnated.
>>
>>53691129
>no one is apping to fuck Gloriana and cuck the demon hubby out of his brood demoness
What is wrong with you fags?
>>
>>53691162
It's probably some curse shit, if she's supposed to be a demon broodmother someday. Sort of like that Lamashtu mask thing, whatsitcalled.
>>
>>53691157
Literally yes.
Rintaelle's whole shtick is "dude we can just all hold hands and be friends we just need understanding", she wants everyone to be happy but is naive about how she's going to do it.
C3's whole shtick is to literally become as the gods and essentially tell people 'okay, you're happy now', because she explicitly notes in her app that C3 [knows] everyone can't be happy at the same time normally.
One side is essentially convinced of the possibility of being the hero that unites the world, the other side knows it's impossible but deep down, she's never stopped wanting to be one.
>>
File: 1486631010532.jpg (644KB, 1000x1429px) Image search: [Google]
1486631010532.jpg
644KB, 1000x1429px
>>53690985
Treantmonk only wrote good for 3.5 wizards.

He didn't know what the fuck he was talking about otherwise.
>>
>>53691192
C3 NEEDS to be killed. Jericho needs to fucking get on that shit and tear her fascist head off.
>>
>>53691217
For fucks sake Unwist, you need to be put down
Someone call animal control druids
>>
>>53691091
I think despite her calling herself the Champion of Unity, Rinta's core ideal isn't "everyone should be friends".

Her Highlord tenet isn't Unity: it's Adaptation.
Rather than chasing a utopia of friendship, she's chasing the next level of technology, wanting to see what the future holds when distance is no longer an obstacle to communication nor magic aid.

Rinta isn't Gandhi or Martin Luther King. She's Alexander Graham Bell.
>>
File: 1491820401408.jpg (149KB, 800x458px) Image search: [Google]
1491820401408.jpg
149KB, 800x458px
>>53691205
I liked seeing his reviews of spells anyway.
Also post more Gudako

>>53691192
Damn now I *really* want to see them interact long term.
When is Wist even free anyway? She didn't put up a schedule as far as I can tell.
>>
>>53691191
Yeah, her being a hyper-fertile broodmother seemed to be exactly what the husband was trying to do when he picked her.
>>
File: 1482788482949.png (103KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482788482949.png
103KB, 240x300px
>>53691217
>I wanted to make a smugelf but Kawase cucked me and now his smug aura mocks my failures
>>53691263
I'd probably kill myself if I had to live in PLDverse.
>>
File: C91 774.jpg (442KB, 1280x1814px) Image search: [Google]
C91 774.jpg
442KB, 1280x1814px
>>53691205
Why is Kuro so lewd?
>>
>>53691183
Uhh, did you even read Sleep's application? He's perfect for that.
>>
File: box_of_S.png (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
box_of_S.png
34KB, 300x300px
>>53691310
I miss Decu. I really do.
>>
>>53691300
>semi-feral paladin of the same deity
>Probably all toned and shit under that spooky outfit
>Enormous Nightwalker cock

Yeah, he's perfect. Pity Sleep has a game that day.
>>
>>53691310
>the star that split the thighs
>Enuma Elish
>>
It seems like every ensoulment post mentions C3 or Rinta one way or another. Why don't we switch it up?
Let's talk about Ensoulment apps that aren't the top two memes!
>>
>>53691353
I mean then you move to the other divine memes like Ceraphine or Itsuko.
>>
>>53691353
I really like Sibyl! Pacifism is cute!
>>
Friendly reminder Protagonist is going to run two groups
>>
>>53691281
PLD is actually a pretty normal setting for the most part. The only big difference is monsters fug NIGHTWALKERS specifically which the entire party is. Otherwise you just have to fend them off or get eaten like normal.

What the players ask for is not indicative of the entire setting
>>
>>53691377
Wait they [only] fuck Nightwalkers? Also I was under the impression it was grimdark as fuck
>>
>>53691353
I'd like to talk to you about Witch for a moment, then.
How is she actually going to act? Aside from the C3 memes, what is the designated Healing Type going to do?
>>
>>53691353
But then what would Kawase and his chink shill squad talk about all day?
>>
>>53691399
SSD@K pls, stop self-shilling.
>>
>>53691360
What about them, anon? Who do you want to see them interact with? What do you think they might accomplish?
>>
>>53691388
It's grimdark, but only the Nightwalker minority is compatible with the monsters. Most people just get butchered and eaten.
The Nightwalkers' magically endowed physiology is sort of malleable, protean, almost, and it changes with prolonged exposure to different patterns of corruption, leading to mutations. Normal human beings would simply die if exposed to that sort of corruption, much like they wither and die when exposed to Miasma. The horrific, Miasmic abominations sense the peculiar nature of Nightwalkers, and react differently than they would if exposed to bog standard humans, who merely serve as prey.
>>
>>53691388
Pretty much yeah. Theyre literally at Engineerung College right now, working on golems to rebuild cities. The only thing that went wrong in 6 weeks was Lysanders father sent thugs to harass the townies a bit.

There's just also a giant dragon eating people a days ride south, jockeying for territory with a death golem that's make Gracelord Nito smile and scratch it behind the ear holes.
>>
>>53691426
I want them to help Jericho kill C3.
>>
>>53691420
Hold on here, i happen to be ssdk
Stop accusing ppl of being me
>>
>>53691426
That's rude, anon. also wrong
>>53691364
But pacifism is WEIRD. How will she get along with the other people in the group?
>>53691491
Begone, Unwist, you foul beast! Taint not this place with your terrible posts!
>>
>>53691491
Ceraphine would probably be one of the better fits for working well with Jericho.
>>
>>53691506
She'll be respectful and kind and never try to oppress or cajole them, because she's a Pacifist. She leads by example, setting out a model of non-violence in all aspects of life. It's pretty straightforward stuff, like a cute anime girl Gandhi.
>>
>>53689867
>mfw people get upset about weaboo fightan magic
>have clearly NEVER read any sort of heroic adventure from any era or mythology
I mean for fuck's sake CELTIC mythology out-animes japan.
>>
>>53691549
>he doesn't know that the celts were the original weaboos
REALM OF SHADOWS
GODKILLER MATRON
CUTTING THE TOPS OFF OF HILLS
HONORU
>>
>>53691353
I want to steal Sir Matheo from his woman!
>>
>>53691543
Is she a perpetually stammering and embarrassed girl like her app makes her sound?
>>
>>53691573
>cutting the tops off of hills
This is the one that gets me. Anyone bitching about "hurrr anime greatswords are stupid weaboo bullshit".
>It was said to be a two-handed sword that made a circle like an arc of rainbow when swung, and to have the power to slice the tops off hills and slaughter an entire army.
- description of Caladbolg
>>
>>53691583
She's a calm, serene presence, Anon. The kind of girl you violate in every conceivable way because she'll do nothing to stop you
>>
>>53691574
This.

>>53691598
I'll call anime bullshit when I see anime bullshit, quit with this dumbass "hurr hurr western myth has stuff like that that" excuse.
>>
>>53691608
But her friends might stop you! By volunteering in her stead!
>>
>>53691506
>Begone, Unwist, you foul beast! Taint not this place with your terrible posts!

I'm no Unwist! Just a concerned citizen interested in the destruction of C3!
>>
>>53691642
Does she have any friends?
>>
>>53691574
>>53691638
>Cucking a Nymph

The height of folly!
>>
>>53691651
Itsuko would be her friend! I'm sure!
>>
>>53691681
>>53691651
Will they help kill C3?
>>
>>53691549
Most of that was either via magic items or literally being the spawn of deities.
>>
>>53691694
Heck right, if sufficient proof is given!
>>
>>53691694
The healing-type will stop them!
>>
>>53691694
You need to halt your obsession with murder, anon. It's not healthy.

Also, why would a pacifist help you with murder?
>>
>>53691664
>>53691638
>>53691574
You can't cuckqueen a fertility deity.

They're polyphilic by nature.

Yeah, I fucking went there.

Twice.
>>
File: IMG_0680.jpg (508KB, 731x879px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0680.jpg
508KB, 731x879px
>>53691598
I mean, I already get rock solid from irish/Scottish/welsh folklore, and Fate certainly doesn't help the matter any.

>>53691638
Just call it bullshit, silly.
It transcends weabooism
>>
>>53691705
I hate to tell you this, but so was every wizard, sorcerer, or spellcaster in the myths too, so you can't really use that as a defense.
>>
>>53691155
Why would I waste my time like that? It's not going to break the cycle, it'll only provide a brief distraction before everyone moves back to the usual.
>>
>>53691756
It's true. That's why the whole fundamentals of dnd are flawed at their core. "Humans" should never be able to rise above level 6, at best.
>>
>>53691764
>Wasting your time complaining about something you won't even put effort into changing
>>
>>53691740
I like to imagine Matheo's Nymph woman encourages him to bed women that interest him, and share his experiences with her while they're together. Maybe she even finds the women for him, and watches while tittering how she can do this or that better.
>>
Can we take a break from shitposting about C3 and talk about JttW for a while instead?
>>
>>53691749
I recognize that panel!
>>
>>53691784
What would break the cycle is something more drastic than that.
>>
>>53691705
Because the entire point of heroes back then was to show people greater than you. It wasn't to inspire it was just supposed to be entertaining, the message was never "you could be the next heracles" it was "dude isn't heracles fucking awesome".
>>
>>53691798
Sure, let's talk about the fox.
>>
>>53691808
The only thing that breaks the cycle is when the game starts
>>
>>53691798
Good luck with that.
>>
>>53691798
Nobody's talking about C3 anymore
>JttW
Let's meme Lingmeng :^))))))
Who's going to stab Lingmeng?
>>
>>53691798
Someone summarize all the JttW apps so far!
>>
File: IMG_3397.jpg (95KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3397.jpg
95KB, 640x360px
>>53691740
Interesting argument, Anon. You don't think it's possible for them to be monogamous, romantic beings?
>>
>>53691834
Nobody. Lingmeng isn't going to make the cut
>>
>>53691798
Koji is by far my favorite app, and I really hope he gets in.
Games need more roving swordracks.
>>
>>53691798
>Daddy app

I'll be the curry for his rice
>>
>>53691834
No one. She is Reimu, and thus has plot armor as the protagonist.
>>
>>53691824
Considering the PLD deadline is the same day?
>>
>>53691798
Which JttW apps aren't super derivative and actually demonstrate the player's originality?
>>
>>53691842
Nymphs?

No. They really can't. Their entire existence is based on sexually attracting other beings whether they want to or not, and about a third of the time gender isn't even relevant. Hell, half of the myths are about them being chased and fucked by everyone and calling upon divine power to transform them into impossible to sex beings (trees and rivers and stones) or hypersexual beings (Hermaphrodite).
>>
>>53691842
Of course they can, we meet nymphs in campaigns and they always have one lover, not a dozen. The thing about long-life is you can actually relish love and monogamy without worrying about them being the "wrong one" because there will always be another one.

Long-lived races tend to be monogamous while short-lived tend to be polygamous, it is the way of things.
>>
>>53691921
Isn't Reimu and Wukong the only ones that are derivative?
>>
>>53691922
>>53691923
>Posted the same second
>Opposite opinions

Delicious.
>>
>>53691921
The Red Maiden, Loke, and not!Reimu are all about as original as rocks - Red Maiden is the same immortal reincarnated and now clueless app that the player always applies with, Loke is Son Wukong v2.0, and not!Reimu is obviously not!Reimu.
>>
>>53691957
There's a Wukong app?
>>
>>53691923
>monogamous
>string of lovers over time
I'm thinking you're not quite sure what monogamy is.
>>
>>53691839
- Yamaguchi Yuudai
LG Paladinfag who is bringing his girlfriend along for the ride. He doesn't know it's his girlfriend though, because he's a dense fuckwit.
- Língmèng Qīng
Weather controller who's assmad her donation box is empty.
- Tsubaki Higashiyama
Literally an oni that wants to prove she's stronk
- Yumiko Ryuikiatsu
Sob story slavegirl punchgirl assassin agent princess. I swear it's not as convoluted when you read the story.
- Koji
[Childlike Tone] "I want to be a superhero!"
- Mira "Mia" Covinus
Folklore-y fox woman with big tits.
- Jun Fan & Wen Yijun
Joke apps.
- Shosouga no Kazuki
Nothing here.
- Yin Xue Hua
Secret Societies and Sister Rivalry.
- Bai Santaizi
Nothing.
- Loke Laufey
Trickster like the god he's named after, also a giant and male Marisa. In other words it's fucking Son Goku.
- Huan Shuang
It's tl;dr'd already.
- Raimi
Literally the same one from TSS
- Naomi Tsubaki
Danuki Giant Ballsack :DDD No but seriously, it looks like another trickster type with shapeshifting abilities. Direct competition with male marisa.
- Shízhōng
Already tl;dr'd
- The Red Maiden
A character from the actual JttW gets Isekai'd or something and also got brainwashed into being a good guy.
- Serizawa Gin
Wist!

>>53691921
None of them really, maybe Yin Xue Hua comes closest. I suppose The Red Maiden technically counts too even though it rips off a bunch of characters.
>>
>>53691977
>Loke is Wukong
Loki is already a trickster god himself, I don't see the need to involve a monkey in this.
>>
File: 1474772929652.png (7KB, 723x167px) Image search: [Google]
1474772929652.png
7KB, 723x167px
>>53691977
He isn't even trying to hide it.
>>
>>53691957
Don't forget the red maiden and yumiko!
>>
Guys sell me on the differences between

Wilder

and

Contemplative Wilder (the class)
>>
>>53691921
The whole CAMPAIGN is a derivative ripoff because Argent liked Thunderbolt Fantasy so much.

I think playing to the classics here actually increases your chances, and all the smart players caught on to that fact.
>>
>>53692036
So ... not!Reimu is just named Reimu? I mean...props for a ripoff this blatant.
>>
>>53692002
The Red Maiden is a repeatedly used trope by the same player. The characters are all ancient deific beings that lived thousands of years and get reduced to lower levels and forget their histories to be in the current world.
>>
>>53692060
I mean, it's not as bad as a not!Dio named "Clock".
>>
>>53692002
Thank you!
This is helpful.
>>
>>53692044
>the class
What class the only Wilder I know of is the Psionic One. in which Contemplative is a straight upgrade.
>>
>>53692054
So who's making Lin Xue Ya?
>>
Why doesn't anyone talk about golden chalice? Is it because there are no celebrities applying for it? Or the fact that it's not a weeaboo setting?
>>
>>53692044
charisma+power
wisdom+flexibility
>>
>>53691790
>your waifu will never critique your form while you plow a strumpet with a thick rump.

Why even live?
>>
>>53691921
Argentum wants ripoffs of classic Wuxia / Weeb stuff, that's the whole point. I mean goddamn look at the names of the traits, put them into Google one by one.

>>53692070
Wait is this the same guy who made that fuckoff ancient hyperdeity for Overlewd?

>>53692086
Don't stir the pot.
>>
>>53692085
Given all the tricksters, it's probably easier to ask which apps aren't.
>>
>>53692086
Because its boring as shit, desu.
>>
>>53692086
We did. It was gnollposters and shit for the most part. Sad, because it seems like a genuinely interesting setting.
>>
>>53691999
>Monogomy
>Having one lover at a time

What's there I'm not understanding? A Nymph with one man she loves and cherishes is monogamous, even when he dies and she replaces him with a new man.
>>
>>53692110
Only Wisdom of the Sake Jar, Hermit, and Shrine Maiden are really returning anything Is the Shrine Maiden of Paradise Reimu or something
>>
>>53692085
He'd be a hard one. Sword Saint Samurai+Investigator? If I knew more about PoW I'd probably have a better idea for him. But either investigator or unchained rogue, for certain.
>>
File: 1494119092657.png (883KB, 700x988px) Image search: [Google]
1494119092657.png
883KB, 700x988px
>>53692070
I thought it was Felyndiira or whoever who was obsessed with playing this "Kanna" girl reduced from god tier power to something weaker.
>>
>>53692147
REEEEE IM NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY ROMANTICIZED VERSIONS OF MY CANNIBALISTIC, RAPING DOGS REEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1477387078516.png (717KB, 565x926px) Image search: [Google]
1477387078516.png
717KB, 565x926px
When will someone use the Edge Lord archetype?

>>53692168
Kino is a new account created a week ago.
>>
>>53692110
>Wait is this the same guy
Yes, it is.

>>53692111
None of them are really scholarly though.
>>
>>53692084
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/47lw4q/contemplative/
>>
>>53692180
I think someone app'd to Dragons 2 with one.
>>
>>53692090
How does "flexibility" look like in a medium-level PF game?
>>
>>53692180
When Edge Lord is errata'd to not trade away Accursed Will. :^)
>>
>>53692203
Spirit Guide Oracle or a Shaman with good stats.
>>
>>53692086
I'm interested in stories, not sandboxes.
>>
>>53692086
haet sandbox
>>
File: dffdg.png (159KB, 1734x1629px) Image search: [Google]
dffdg.png
159KB, 1734x1629px
>>53692177
>>
>>53692124

>boring as shit

JttW and Ensoulement aren't? LMAO
>>
>>53692260
Use it well, anon!
>>
>>53692218
What I mean is, concretely. In game. Like, stories.

How would switching spells around be better than finding ones you're gonna use most of the time and abusing them?
>>
>>53692274
t. you're-having-fun-the-wrong-way-and-canon-is-always-what's-in-my-head anon

Why must thou be so bitter and of hatred filled
>>
>>53692229

There appears to be a story involved given how it draws all the PCs together at once.

I'm sorry you niggers can't read.
>>
>>53692320
GM literally advertised it as a sandbox where you can do Anything™
>>
>>53692002
The real question is why a female tanuki would have a giant tanuki ballsack. I don't see it written in her app anywhere
>>
File: trumpsteak1.jpg (70KB, 350x284px) Image search: [Google]
trumpsteak1.jpg
70KB, 350x284px
>>53692332
BEST SANDBOX EXPERIENCE YOU'LL EVER HAVE
>>
New thread I guess

>>53692361
>>53692361
>>53692361
>>53692361
>>
>>53692229
>Ensoulment: ROME HAS FALLEN, TIME FOR HEROES!
>JttW: MAGCUFFIN HAS DISAPPEARED, NEGROMANCER DANGER! TIME FOR HEROES!
>Chalice: CITY OF PLOTS AND PROFIT, AND THE RULER HAS INVITED YOU FOR SOMETHING! TIME FOR INTRIGUE!
So the difference is we don't know the plot hook until we start. Okay, cool. Also >muh desert sandbox lel is a dead meme.
>>
>>53692337
TANUKI BALLSACK
>>
>>53692367
Where the fuck did the term McGuffin even originate?
>>
>>53692164
Zweihander Sentinel/Empiricist, I bet.
>>
>>53692364
Reported for page 7 weeb shit.
>>
>>53692364
>page 7
>anime OP
>changing the "formerly /pfg/" to try and stave off cutting it off to be /pgg/ for good
Fuck off.
>>
>>53692367
The GM straight-up said that it would a sandbox though. The lack of an actual plot hook to base your character around is intentional.
>>
>>53692412
Last few threads have been page 7.
>>
>>53692452
Doesn't matter.
>>
>>53692367

>intrigue

Ah so its StarToad shitposting whenever it is brought up. Got it.
>>
I was thinking about apping a Slayer to JttW. Since the villain is a necromancer, should I go vanilla, Grave Warden, or Spiritslayer? Links to the latter two are below.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/slayer/archetypes/paizo-slayer-archetypes/grave-warden/

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/slayer/archetypes/paizo-slayer-archetypes/spiritslayer-slayer-archetype/
>>
>>53692411
He used a one handed weapon. Empiricist, I would definitely back.
>>
>>53692002
>tfw no HOT DEMON DICK
>>
>>53692481
Scarlet Throne Style.

>As long as you only attack with a single weapon wielded in one hand during a round, you treat that weapon as if you were wielding it in two hands for the purposes of feats and abilities that would benefit from this change. This does not increase your Strength bonus to damage with the weapon.
>>
>>53692478
Touch choice. Though there's an abundance of 'beat things to death' people, so a spiritslayer might be a good idea.
>>
>>53692500
Definitely Scarlet Throne Style; he beat off Miè Tiān Hái all too well for using a weapon one-handed.
>>
>>53692542
Also, I'd think that Heavenly Frost: Untraceable Hazy Moonlight is just a refluffed version of Heavenly Blade of the Scarlet Throne.
>>
>>53692574
Or vice versa. I suspect a lot of those maneuvers came out of Pili films. No proof, only suspicion.
>>
>>53692054
Actually, I've only watched the first episode and that 5 minute video with Gale and Bones fighting each other. Really, it's probably gonna derive more from Lord of the Rings, save that the unholy lovechild of Sauron, Dio, and Bones of Creation already got his hands on 1/5th the ring of power.

The first real session, I've already admitted is essentially Ancient Chinese Council of Elrond, only with a bunch of L5R style political posturing.
>>
Ok so how the hell do you craft intelligent items? Can PCs personally create them by simply having craft magic arms and armor or dropping by at best buy and paying the amount listed on the table?
>>
>>53693580
RAW, yes. GM has final arbitration.
Thread posts: 435
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.