[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What non super, fantasy game can i run at high speed and lift

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
What non super, fantasy game can i run at high speed and lift mountains?

and also it being rules medium?
>>
>>53685083

This scene always gives me fuckin chills.
>>
>>53685140
Yeah a frog cutting a mountain in half
>>
>>53685083

"Non-super" is a weird stipulation, because cutting down mountains is definitely super.

Anyway, anything narrative-ish can do it. Stuff like FATE/FAE, cutting mountains could easily be your trick.

Strike! can do it, and also have FFTA style tactical combat on top of that.
>>
>>53686675
I need an example of combat and play of strike!
>>
File: Strike! Combat Example.pdf (213KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Strike! Combat Example.pdf
213KB, 1x1px
>>53687045
Combat example.

Non-combat play is like this:

You decide to use one of your skills. You roll a d6. You check a table which depends on your level in the skill for the results, which is some combination of twist/cost/success/bonus.

Characters also have tricks they can spend an action point to use (in which case they succeed guaranteed), and complications they gain an action point from when they RP it.

The skills/tricks/complications are all made up at the beginning of the campaign, by the GM and the players.

So your character could have the skill "superb cut" and maybe the trick "split mountain". He could roll to "superb cut", or he could spend an AP on "split mountain" to do it guaranteed.

Of course, only if the powerlevel established at the beginning of game permits (probably don't try to pull that shit in a more down to earth setting).
>>
>>53685083
Exalted.
>>
>>53687148
Sounds fun really, any noob guide to strike?
>>
>>53685083
BESM works for what you want. Most attributes are loose in interpretation or, if there are numbers, can be easily changed and adapted. There's no real reason that a character with suffeciently Super-Strength+ high Body stat couldn't lift a building or another character with sufficiently high Weapon Attack + Focused Damage couldn't cut through a mountain. It lends itself to more narrative games where you can play loose and fast with the rules. It does require a stern GM sometimes, though. It's pretty easy to cheese characters to have enough points to do whatever they want. (A common example is Item of Power [Spellbook] -> Magic to get a huge return for little investment.)
>>
>>53685083
Maid RPG.
>>
>>53688625
OP said rules-medium, not rules that are obnoxiously convoluted
>>
>>53690801
CRB here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m555wbs905jb00z/Strike%21+Core+Rulebook.pdf.

Well, the book is kinda shit. Here's a pitch by some guy from the SA forums.

There's also a few one page player aids that should get you up to speed on their site, google it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.