[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 23

File: 1495892934357.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495892934357.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
Previous thread: >>53640576
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/hello-kitty-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's the most unusual thing a someone has done in your game?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
File: Masquerade Breach.jpg (1MB, 1200x1819px) Image search: [Google]
Masquerade Breach.jpg
1MB, 1200x1819px
>Walks up to you and breaches the masquerade.
What do you do?
>>
Would you suffer Disquiet if you read something a Promethean wrote on paper or posted online?
>>
File: week of nightmares.jpg (31KB, 329x475px) Image search: [Google]
week of nightmares.jpg
31KB, 329x475px
>>
File: Hellboy.jpg (59KB, 288x359px) Image search: [Google]
Hellboy.jpg
59KB, 288x359px
Feedback requested. Keep in mind that my knowledge of Hellboy is not very deep. This sheet represents him as a special Lucifuge Hunter.

Virtue: Friendly/Determined
Vice: Temperamental

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 3, Wits 4, Resolve 5
Physical Attributes: Strength 7, Dexterity 3, Stamina 7
Social Attributes: Presence 4, Manipulation 2, Composure 3

Mental Skills: Academics (Folklore And Mythology) 2, Computer 0, Crafts 1, Investigation (Fortean Phenomena) 4, Medicine 2, Occult (Relics) 4, Politics 0, Science 1
Physical Skills: Athletics 4, Brawl (Red Right Hand) 5, Drive 0, Firearms (Good Samaritan) 1, Larceny 0, Stealth 3, Survival 2, Weaponry (Sword) 4
Social Skills: Animal Ken (Cats) 1, Empathy 2, Expression (Humor) 2, Intimidation 4, Persuasion 2, Socialize (Jovial) 1, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge 2

Merits: Area Of Expertise (Fortean Phenomena, Relics), Encyclopedic Knowledge (Occult), Danger Sense, Encyclopedic Knowledge (Occult), Eye For The Strange, Fast Reflexes 2, Indomitable (Advanced), Interdisciplinary Specialty (Fortean Phenomena, Relics), Investigative Aide (Investigation, Occult), Professional Training 5 (Paranormal Detective: Occult, Investigation, Academics), Tolerance For Biology, Trained Observer 3, Virtuous (Advanced 3), Ambidextrous, Demolisher 3, Greyhound, Iron Skin 2 (Advanced 2), Iron Stamina 3, Parkour 4, Allies (BPRD 3), Contacts (Occultists, Investigators, Hunters), Inspiring, Iron Will, Status (BPRD 3), Striking Looks 2, Sympathetic, True Friend (Abe, Liz), Defensive Combat (Brawl), Improvised Weaponry 3, Heavy Weapons 5, Unarmed Defense 5

Willpower: 8 [Risking Willpower]
Defense: 8
Initiative: 8
Armor: 4/2
Speed: 15
Size: 6
Health: 13
Conviction: 7
Integrity: 8

[Continued In The Next Post]
>>
>>53681238
Castigations: Hellboy is considered to have modified versions of Family Vestment and Mark Of The Beast that are permanently active and do not cost Willpower points. He can go beyond the normal limits of 5 dots in Strength and Stamina, gains 8 Again on all Strength and Stamina rolls and gains 2/2 Armor. He is immune to all mundane diseases and toxins, as well as damage from fire and heat. He possesses a healing factor, which seals wounds on its own, and heals one bashing damage every turn, one lethal every hour and one aggravated every day. He can speak all ancient and supernatural languages, including Sumerian, Spirit Tongue, Dragon’s Tongue and High Speech.

Gear & Equipment: Hellboy uses the Good Samaritan, a Heavy Revolver modified to use ammunition that acts as the Bane of several supernatural creatures, including silver and incendiary rounds. He frequently carries an assortment of Relics, which normally aren’t worth more than 3 dots and are oriented towards protection and investigation. His Right Hand Of Doom counts as a Heavy Weapon that deals +2L with Armor Piercing 2, and is immune to all damage and Tilts from mundane and supernatural sources. Depending on the Chronicle, the Right Hand Of Doom may be the final piece in some important mystery or conspiracy.
>>
>>53681209
Disquiet is caused by the azoth in the prommie so no.
>>
I just realized - Lord Farquaad is very likely a Technocrat.
>>
>>53680618
He did legally rename himself Satyros after all!
>>
>>53681181
Would you /wodg/?
>>
>>53681181
We party as only immortals can
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmkrTjExU3k
>>
Visual idea for a Promethean: she wears a dirty labcoat, and hoards books and samples on a backpack despite not understanding what it means to be scientist yet. Her main Disfigurement makes her cybernetic spine visible and her neck grow sinuous and snake-like, while her head turns into an abstraction of a microscope/TV set. Her head constantly scans people and things without much care for personal space or privacy, but displays images that she thinks will calm them down (which are often well meaning but end up creepy or weird).
>>
>>53681209
Do you get rad poisoning by looking at a picture of plutonium on google?
>>
File: wiz vs were.jpg (274KB, 2133x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wiz vs were.jpg
274KB, 2133x1200px
>on the topic of forcefully shifting werewolves using mage-magic
I believe it was mentioned at one point that Time can be used to turn Vampires back into humans temporarily.
I would imagine it would be the same for every other Template, assuming they were originally human.

That said, you cannot change the core of their being until Archmastery.
>>
>>53681451
That's retarded. So does he have a fursuit or a fursona? Cause I want to laugh at this man.
>>
>>53681223
kek
can this be our next general pic?
>>
>>53682012
No idea. He is a real-world magick practicioner though. It's why the Nephandi section talks about 'bad energy makes you bad, don't do it'.
>>
>>53681099
That's probably the best general picture we've had in a year.
>>
>>53681762
Yes, that is explicitly mentioned in the spell itself.

However it IS possible to change the core of someone's being.
By travelling back in time, and stopping the event which led to their change.

You could even do this to someone Awakening.
You monster.
>>
>>53681238
I seem to recall him being either a polyglot or having a supernatural comprehension for language.
>>
>>53682272
It'd be temporary and contested. It'd kill the vampire I think until the spell ends.
>>
>>53682308
That is mentioned in >>53681251.

Anything else?
>>
>>53682407
He's got a drinking problem. Or at least did before the events of hell on earth.
>>
>>53682407
He's also demonic nobility.
>>
>>53682439
That would the Addicted Condition (Alcohol).

>>53682457
Status 5 in the Lucifuge, which also grants Infernal Rank.
>>
>>53681762
>I believe it was mentioned at one point that Time can be used to turn Vampires back into humans temporarily.
Is this only in Chronicles or can be done in oldWoD as well?
>>
>>53682677
In oWoD it varies on how much of vampire is canon. Either way you can turn vamps back to normal, the only question is if its permament or not.
>>
>>53682677
Old is new mage times 3 So most likely permanent instead of temporary.
>>
>>53682751
oWoD is less powerful than nWoD for mage.
>>
>>53682775
Prime six could cure all of vamperism. 5 can cure a single vampire. It's in no way more powerful. Even with the current rules jacking shit up.
>>
>>53682775
In general nWoD mages are far stronger than their old counterparts

In terms of cheese and minmaxing oWoD mages are absolute monsters.
Mage munchkins are (were(still are)) horrible.
>>
>>53682830
>Prime six could cure all of vampirism

You would have to mix that with high level Correspondence or Forces 9 to pull that off.
Either way it will eradicate vampires completely, including Caine and his Antediluvian grandchildren.
>>
>>53683170
You only have to target caine though.The statless godbeast mages shouldn't but by raw can totally can deal with.

>>53683142
I don't understand how you can reach to that conclusion looking at the rules. Old vampires and werewolves could attack several times per turn with easy agg damage and better healing. Mages could do fucking everything and anything with less dots and more freedom.
>>
File: pepe happy.png (67KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
pepe happy.png
67KB, 1280x1280px
>le archmage of spirit
>acquire transfiguration
>acquire quintessence
>cast it
>acquire all possible rank 8 purviews

what can luna even do
>>
>>53683217
>With less dots

No, mate.

For the rest oWoD Vampires and Werewolves are complete beasts if compared to nWoD ones.
>>
>>53683250
How do you get that impression? 3 does in old mage let you do way more than in new. I don't get where you are getting that new mage is stronger because numbers and powers wise old shit shits on new ten times over.
>>
OWoD Mages abusing held spells are literally unbeatable
>>
>>53683291
>Someone has his monstrous creation attack a Virtual Adept NPC last game
>He has Correspondence and Prime
>Teleports the monster into the Yellowstone Supervolcano

Can confirm.
>>
>>53683283
Only if your paradigm lets you nigga
>>
>>53683227
>acquire all possible rank 8 purviews
Transfiguration does -anything- you want it to. You're not limited to rank 8 Influences.
You can even devise your own.

>what can luna even do
Assuming the meathead Archmaster already buffed himself?

Not much.
>>
>>53683333
Unless your ST is total shit, Paradigm is just the requirement to stay in thematic.
>>
>>53683333
It doesn't matter. Seriously, I'm a nwod fag when it comes to half the lines. I still understand that old was more bullshit.
>>
>>53683333
Paradigm is easily improvised whilst still being thematically appropriate, anon.

For instance. Hermetics don't solely rely on longwinded ritual work. They can just as well produce instantaneous effects using physical gestures and words of power.
>>
>>53683378
Yes, but you ever played actual oWoD games?

I understand that in this general nobody really plays, but still.
>>
>>53683418
A Hermetic, speaking SPELLS? That's just nonsense.
>>
>>53683418
>Hermetics don't solely rely on longwinded ritual work

This. I keep seeing people making this assumption.
Hermetic wizards are rigid, yes, but they're not slow and have a broader selection of Foci than pretty much any other Tradition.
>>
>>53683430
I'm running Mage the Ascension right now, about to run my twentieth session of the campaign.
>>
>>53683430
I haven't played in a long while but last time I played I remember arms of the abyss sweeping through everything.
>>
>>53683433
What's next? A technocrat using laser guns?

...The world we live in.
>>
>>53683470
Usually I have Technocrats using kinetic projectile weapons, since I fluff Technocrats as hard-sci fi and Etherites as soft-sci fi or retrofuture as a rule.

There are Technocratic laser guns, but I usually don't make them the focus.
>>
>>53683433
An Hermetic, as Order of Hermes focus of choice is literally "words", so he can literally say "Burn" while using forces, or just say a magic spell phrase (I don't remember it perfectly , but I'm pretty sure they only need words for Forces)
>>
>>53683433
Hermetics are all about language.

Sorcerers speaking in Latin is rather badass in violent confrontations.
>>
File: Saitama.jpg (28KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Saitama.jpg
28KB, 700x394px
Disclaimer: these stats for Saitama are just for fun. I know he should be handled through ST fiat. But feedback is welcome nonetheless.

https://pastebin.com/3Z3GjRiu
>>
>>53683493

>Technocracy
>hard sci-fi

Why limit them though? Given the kind of shit they go up against, hard sci fi approach isn't going to cut it.
>>
>>53684249
Because of the arbitrary vulgar/subtle divide.
Soft Sci Fi is vulgar as hell, while hard SciFi is easier to fit into the consensus because it "could actually work".
>>
>>53684316
Shitcanning vulgar/subtle magic was probably the best thing Dave did.
>>
>>53684316
>>53684249

Hard SF is the stuff that tends to see more use around sleepers. Both groups have their hypertech, just kept out of sight of sleepers.
>>
>>53684500
I agree, it has no place in Awakening, but does make a certain degree of sense in Ascension.
>>
>>53684599
>>53684664

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, "Vulgar Without Witnesses" doesn't really exist as a category in my games.
>>
>>53683227
Use her Change Influence and Rank 8 Spirit Magic to change you into a lawnchair. Duh.
>>
>>53684766
What if you use your power to change that Influence into "Changing Vampires into Furniture"?
>>
>>53684684
Personally, I'm very generous w/ what I let my players do w/ magic. Mostly because I'm more interested in the consequences of magic than absolute adherence to the rules.

Mage is like a playable form of the Stanford prison experiment.
>>
Just read the Void Engineer Revised convention book. Holy shit.

The Avatar Storm is being maintained by the Void Engineers to keep Threat Null at bay.
>>
>>53681436
What the fuck is the even supposed to mea-
Oh. I get it now.
>>
Has there been any news on Deviant?
>>
>>53685344
Yeah, that was a good part, especially as it talks to a reason why it potentially hasn't abated and HQ doesn't seem to spend the greatest amount of money on the problem.
>>
>>53685491
Not even in the first draft yet last I heard.
>>
>>53684858
>>53684860
Ascension Paradox was fucking annoying and way too harsh at times

Awakening Paradox is actually fun and not a bore.
>>
>>53685891
>Ascension was fucking annoying and way too harsh at times
>Awakening is actually fun and not a bore.
>>
I could use some character advice. My game group is going to be doing a Demon one shot.

My character idea is a sleazy grifter black market type (social/mental focus) who's actually a destroyer but can't really act like a typical destroyer because he's been severely damaged in his escape from the God Machine. But his goal is to repair himself to the point that he can start wrecking face again.

Viable or would it take too much of an investment to make this guy work?
>>
>>53685999
Sounds like too long term focused a character for a one shot.
>>
>>53685584

Apparently the outline is being sent to WW for review soon.
>>
>>53685911
Both are bad for different reasons. though awakening paradox might not even exist.
>>
>>53686056
There's a decent chance the game will enter our rotation so I wanted to plan long term.

Will the concept work mechanically?
>>
>>53685344
So how big of a threat are Threat Null?
>>
>>53686576
They're essentially the Borg

They want to come back to Earth.
Not good.
>>
>>53686576
They're crazy fucking "order" spirits formed from the husks of Technocrats stuck outside of earth when the Dimensional Anomaly went up.

With all of the crazy immortality and capacity for power of spirits, and all of the lost resources of the Technocratic union, plus whatever they've been able to build in the meantime.

The sole reason the Earth hasn't been destroyed/converted by them, is the Anomaly.
They are a horrific nightmare, and the Void Engineer's greatest secret.
And they have most of the Union's old lost leadership, and best men amongst them.
>>
File: IkZ6Yal.png (290KB, 599x526px) Image search: [Google]
IkZ6Yal.png
290KB, 599x526px
Since someone asked if I could put my stuff on a Google Doc, here's a link to that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure homebrew I'm working on.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uhFLjk0m2pHhzPcmtBU8BiJMk3qmkdK9hAHb0qCVpfU/edit?usp=sharing

It's all pretty rough right now, but I'll work on it some more later.
>>
>>53686778
Whelp...Gehenna doesn't sound so bad after all...time to bread more thinbloods
>>
>>53686576

Basically the 1e Technocracy turned up to 11, minus the Void Engineers. (The Ka Luon *might* be the Engineers, but I doubt it.) The rest of the Union is still too brainwashed to understand why this is bad news, except the Progenitors.

The Progenitors can't be brought in on this because they really, really, really fucking hate the Traditions. Who are the only help the Engineers have in fighting Threat Null.

What's worse is that Iterators from Autocthon still occasionally show up planetside, part of a "Machine Cult" in Iteration X. I think Threat Null is the work of the Computer, though I can't explain the new time limit for deep space ops yet.

On an unrelated note, I find the bit in the Syndicate convention book about the fate of SPD a little hard to believe. Too Convenient.
>>
>>53686535
Conceptually it's solid, the wounded ex solider is a good archetype. And nothing says that a Destroyer has to be the cookiecutter murderbot type.
Mechanically I don't see why it wouldn't, granted I'm not as familiar with D:tD as I'd like to be.
>>
One has to wonder just what happened to the other Magi out beyond in the Deep Umbra post-Avatar Storm, not just the Union / Threat Null

Horizon and cosmic Archmages among other things.
>>
>>53687152
Well...
There has to be SOMETHING slowing down Threat Null, right?

Two inhuman monstrosities clashing in strange dimensions, each wanting to get "home" and introduce it to their newfound wonder.
>>
File: Ascendant.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ascendant.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>53687152
Archmages probably didn't even notice the Avatar Storm, having gone too far to regard the Earth as anything more than a speck of sand.

The storm itself only affected the barrier dividing the Consensus from the greater Tellurion.
>>
>>53687164
Denizens of the Deep Umbra aren't necessarily monstrosities.
>>
>>53686994
What happened with SPD? Did Project: Invictus succeed in purging those fucks?
Also since we're on that topic, what happened with Anthelios and the omega plan and all the shit actually tied in with time-limits with the end times?
>>
>>53687270
Went silent, nobody paid attention for a while.
Then when they did, and sent men to investigate, their heads ended up on a desk in a Syndicate office.
They sent more teams, same result.

Then they decided "hey, we're still getting cheques, right? Fuck it"
And nothing more was ever done.
All odds are they jumped ship and joined up with Pentex.
>>
>>53681099
So... I'm joining a Masquerade LARP. How much Lore should the average character know? Right now I only have a cursory knowledge of the 13 clans and what the game is generally about. Planning on coming in as a recently Embraced character. Would having read the Book of Nod be reasonable?

I'm thinking a Ravnos character with a dice gambling addiction, or is this too cliche?
>>
>>53688231
Average neonates only know as much as their sires tell them and most likely the pillars of the masquerade
Beyond that you can just be like "I had a shit sire who spoke in riddles all the time" and it may offer some interesting introduction to the setting as they tell you

Book of Nod is a bit advanced so probably not
>>
>>53688231
>Wayne

Who the fuck are you?
>>
From what we have heard of Deviant thus far, it seems like Skullgirls would work really well as inspirational material for it. But in the characters could also be interpreted as follows:

Filia: a Sin-Eater, probably a Forgotten Pilgrim.

Cerebella: a Mortal, with her Vice-Versa being a Relic containing a powerful Spirit of Violence. Alternatively, a Fairest Dancer, with Vice-Versa being a hobgoblin.

Peacock: a mortal who has been augmented with many Wonders or Gadgets. Alternatively, her traumatic backstory and cybernetic reconstruction caused her to Awaken as a Mastigos. Her cartoonish nature would be her Nimbus, and her cartoon cronies are Goetia from her Oneiros she Materializes through Spirit. Her arsenal is mostly pre-existing, and stored and summoned through Space. High Gnosis and low Wisdom.

Parasoul: a Hunter, with her umbrella Krieg being a powerful Relic, a Lambda Gadget or a Cryptid with the Variable Form Adaptation.

Ms. Fortune: my first thought was Promethean, but she is beloved by the people of Little Innsmouth and doesn't seem to cause Disquiet/Wastelands. She could be a Gangrel with Protean 4 and a special Protean + Resilience Devotion

Painwheel: an actual Promethean, the poor girl. Probably an Extempore.

Valentine: an Unchained Demon, which explains her superhuman abilities, individualism and talent for deception.

Double: a God-Machine Angel tied to the Occult Matrix centered around the Skullheart.

Marie: a mortal altered by the Skullheart into a Stigmatic with access to Infrastructure that gives her godlike power.

Squigly: a Sin-Eater, likely a Torn Bonepicker.

Big Band: a mortal augmented by several Wonders or Gadgets. Alternatively, being betrayed and cybernetically rebuilt might have Awakened him as a Thyrsus. His musicality would be his Nimbus, and he would improve his already high tech arsenal with Life, Matter, Mind and Forces. High Gnosis and decent Wisdom.

Beowulf: a Supernatural Wrestler.

Eliza: an Elder Daeva of the Invictus.
>>
So I have plans for my group of oWoD vamps to track down what will turn out to be a cadre of Blood Brothers, but being relativly new to the system (at least running it), how do I easily run a mob of people as a single unit in stats? Having 10+ initiative slots isn't really practical.
>>
So for life mage, how is healing physical damage boxes lasting, but regenerating a limb isn't? Because to me that seems fairly inconsistent.
>>
>>53688830
Healing damage is stitching a broken body back together, closing wounds and fixing systems that would have healed in the due course of time.

Regeneration is rebuilding, wholesale, something that was irrevocably gone. It is making a new organ.

Yes, I agree it's retarded.
>>
Idea for homebrew: Style Merits that expand upon each type of Professional Training and give an edge to Mortals only.

OOC, it's to give Mortals an edge, like with Skill Tricks. IC, it can be explained as deep devotion to your mortal life's calling, like with Conviction.

(Skill Tricks and Conviction are from the Mirrors supplement)
>>
>>53688879
>to give Mortals an edge
That they're clearly not supposed to have?
If you want an edge, and want to still remain human, play Hunter.
>>
>>53688893
want an edge and be human, play mage
>>
>>53688894
>Mages
>Humans
With a soul like that?
Every Mage as a rite of passage takes a hot metaphysical knife to their soulcontainer and carries around the brands like a mark of pride.

Mages aren't even biologically human.
Can a human eat Supernal energy to heal their wounds?
>>
>>53688893
>That they're clearly not supposed to have?
Says who?

>If you want an edge, and want to still remain human, play Hunter.

It could be a Hunter only Merit.
>>
>>53688926
>>Mages
>>Humans
>With a soul like that?

You don't understand, mages are the only *real* humans in the CofD. Since the Fall, the Sleeping masses are just Abyss-tainted neanderthals. Sleepers may call themselves "human," but they are little more than corrupted monkeys with delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>53688894
>want an edge and be human, play mage

The Anon only wanted to give humans an edge, not make them cosmic overlords.
>>
>>53688652
Anyone?
>>
>>53688652
Roll initiative once, roll attacks once, and simply give them attack bonuses based on how many are still alive; make their health track, instead of tracking the health of each individual blood brother, a track indicating how many of them are still alive. Instead of wound penalties, simply subtract from the dodge/damage bonus they're given. When there's one left, have them do their "merge into one fleshmass" thing and continue the encounter normally.
>>
>>53688926
Mages are human you fucking turd. They are also mortal.

All mages are human, not all humans are mages. Fucking moron.
>>
>>53688926
humans without a soul are still human (barely)

souls (awakened or not) have nothing to do with being human
>>
>>53689119
>Mages are human you fucking turd. They are also mortal.

While mages are definitely human, would they really be classified as "mortal" under common perceptions in the CofD?
>>
>>53689193
Given the fact that they can warp their soul into permitting them to fuse mechanical implants to their form?
Certainly not.
>>
>>53689119
Sleepers are animals. Only mages are human
>>
>>53689193
Do they die of old age without magic? Yes so they are mortal.

Until they are able to avoid dying (master/archmaster death level) then they still die.

What does fusing implants to theier form have to do with being "mortal" you fucking spastic? Go look up mortal in a dictionary sometime. "a human being subject to death, as opposed to a divine being."

Not all humans are mortals ya know You could have a human who cant die, he's still human just no longer a mortal.
>>
>>53689193

Yes, according to our writing style guides.

If you spot a book calling Sleepers "mortals" as a way of differentiating them from mages, call in out in an errata thread, because it's a mistake.
>>
>>53689353
Didn't even need a komodo offering
>>
>>53689353
Havnt seen it. I think people just assume that because mages are so powerful they stop being both human and mortal for some reason.
>>
>>53689086
Neat, thanks a lot anon

Reading up on Sanguinius, does the people need to be "alive" and such to join the mass? Or can they grab unconcious brothers into the mass?
>>
>>53689033
>mages are the only *real* humans in the CofD. Since the Fall, the Sleeping masses are just Abyss-tainted neanderthals. Sleepers may call themselves "human," but they are little more than corrupted monkeys with delusions of grandeur.

I not sure if that's supposed to be a Seer or Mystagogue point of view. Either way works for me...
>>
File: 1446918029711.jpg (78KB, 572x768px) Image search: [Google]
1446918029711.jpg
78KB, 572x768px
Sorry, finally got some time and the upload's been finished for quite a while now:

https://mega.nz/#F!cSRAhRSb!_w_CXRj14pgt8C9nP6ursw

There, everything the second mega link in the pastebin had.
>>
File: Double King.jpg (30KB, 870x535px) Image search: [Google]
Double King.jpg
30KB, 870x535px
What would pic related be in the WoD/CoD? In the latter, I think he's a True Fae. The Crowns are Titles he is Feuding with other True Fae over.
>>
>>53688652
Look up the stats for a Vozhd, and just cut out some of the deadliness.
>>
>>53686813
Nice work so far. Will you be posting the revised versions in this thread and in Stand Sunday?
>>
>>53687216
Says the reality deviant
>>
>>53689790
You'd be right.
>>
File: 1475376354357.png (900KB, 1163x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1475376354357.png
900KB, 1163x1075px
>>53689747
Nice lad, thanks a bunch.
>>
>>53690483

Let's hope this one doesn't get pulled down. If it does, I guess I'll just host this on some Russian torrent trackers.
>>
>>53689747
No changeling?
>>
Are the Heroes from Beast like the Winchesters from Supernatural?
>>
>>53690589

Whoops! Guess I forgot to download that one. Always kept putting it off. Sorry, don't have it. Maybe someone else does? If they do, put it up here, then I'll download it and add it to that Mega.
>>
File: 1490409158973.gif (524KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1490409158973.gif
524KB, 500x282px
>>53690615
No. The Winchesters specialize in crying while being attractive
>>
>>53690650
So they're like Innocents?
>>
>>53690615
>>53690720
The Winchesters are Hunters. The best example of a Hero is Gaston
>>
>>53690625
Let me get it.
>>
>>53690016
That's the plan. I'm going to finish off on Stand mechanics before fluffing JoJo into CofD.
>>
>>53689599
>>53689599

They need to spend blood. So do it like this: damage dealt to the mob makes the brothers fall, seemingly dead, but not really. If a PC makes a sufficient occult roll or somehow would know that they could form into one mass, OR if they've generally been thorough thus far, they can spend their turn to finish off a downed brother. Maybe have a lesser awareness check that'd let the players know these brothers are either freshly made or not really dead because their bodies aren't decaying like dead vamps normally do.
>>
>>53691391
Ah that's a good idea, I'm gonna use that. My PCs don't have a lot of Sabbat interaction under their belt so it would make sense, even if the actual players have the lore.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks the Traditions desperately need a name change in light of their pivot to focus on Liberty instead of Tradition?

I usually just go with "The Council of Nine" instead of "The Traditions" when discussing them.
>>
>>53692293
Ech but they are traditional in a sense of how they do things. Also they are traditions in oppositions to technocratic revolution IMHO
>>
>>53690824
I would say best example of hero as intended by authors would be Dr.Decker from Nightbreed
>>
>>53688231
A starting character likely wouldn't have read the Book of Nod; it's apocryphal and associated with Gehenna prophecy and if you're going to be part of the Camarilla, that's a general frownyface time.

As far as Lore specializations, depends on your character, since Lore covers things outside of the Vampiric realm in general.

I'd say at least one Lore dot if you really have delved into/been educated on your Clan or Sect.

As far as Ravnos, it's cliche but alright.
>>
File: The Batter.jpg (142KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
The Batter.jpg
142KB, 730x1095px
Feedback requested on these stats for pic related, from Mortis Ghost's OFF.

https://pastebin.com/1bRKa3iK
>>
>>53692504

Which makes it all the more weird that apparently none of the Beast writers even read Cabal or watched Nightbreed. The movie only showed up in inspirations post-revision.

A Beast that was closer to Nightbreed probably would have gone over better, to be honest.
>>
>>53688281
>>53692612
Thanks. In that case I'm going to avoid gathering any more lore info to avoid metagaming.

Also apparently clan selections are more limited than I first thought, so Ravnos is out. My options are Brujah,Caitiff, Gangrel, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Toreador, Tremere, and Ventrue. Leaning towards Tremere, but... what's the self-pompous argumentative /tg/ opinion about the best clan?

>>53688296
Who the fuck am I? Don't know really. Mostly an annoying namefag that's managed to be slightly clever at times, somewhat entertaining at others, and sickeningly aloof no matter what.
>>
>>53692834
Yeah my thoughts exactly. On the other hand if they would do Nightbreed it would probably still be redundant to what CtL/VtR?Promethean offer and would likely go the way of mummy and geist
>It's cool but what do you do?
With is still better than what we got
>>
File: 1447879688996.jpg (58KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1447879688996.jpg
58KB, 500x282px
>>53692944
>what's the self-pompous argumentative /tg/ opinion about the best clan?
>>
>>53692944
Are you playing a in a troupe game, or Mind's Eye Society, or Underground Theatre? It sounds like troupe since they're limiting your specific selections. That will decide what I suggest for you.
>>
>>53692998
I like mummy even if nobody else seems to and it got actual support. Geist got nothing which is also kind of its biggest problem
>>
>>53692998

Honestly, a crossover game makes redundancy unavoidable no matter what the concept of the actual splat, so the best thing to do is embrace it. What Beasts are supposed to do in its current is pretty much Vampire and Mage's games slapped together (search for the weird edge cases of the CofD while trying not to be the absolute worst when dealing with your hunger) anyways. At least with a Midian-like social structure, there's more content to actually have in the game.
>>
>>53693066
Mind's Eye Society.

Also there's a 2 point merit for: Assamite (Vizier), Gangrel (Coyote/Noaid), Malkavian (Ananke/Knights of the Moon), Toreador (Ishtarri/Volgirre), Ventrue (Crusaders)

We're out West, in case Coyote Gangrel didn't tip you off.
>>
>>53693086
Eh I'm digging through Mummy right now to see what I can use in my VtR campaign and I like a lot of what I read(at least the fluff). I concede the part of fault could be my own as I have trouble thinking up Mummy game.

>>53693102
IMHO they could have introduced Beast as an antagonist splat same as Slashers or Inferno or anything from main game lines and it would be fine
>>
>>53692944
>>53692944

Of those, I prefer Gangrel or Brujah.

>>53693157
>Assamite

BE A FUCKING ASSAMITE DO IT
>>
>>53693157
Makes sense. If this is your first MES character, they'll steer you away from anything like Ravnos that requires an application.

Coyote Gangrel are just a thing in the book, they're not regionlocked. Honestly, if this is your first LARP, I'd go with a Clan that has a lot of local structure. You don't want to be the only guy with no support structure. Do you know the layout of the city?
>>
>>53693212
It's mostly Tremere, a Toreador, a Malkavian, and some Anarchs.
>>
>>53689353
Question for you, dave. If you remake someone's past and they'd be dead because of the spell. Do they come back to life when the spell ends. Mage spells are now more thematically constant but running a mage game makes me want to bar dots 4 and 5 because they are ridiculous.
>>
>>53693246
Tremere are at least backing off of the 'shit on the apprentices' structure from what the MES people I know have talked about and Tremere are a solid option. I have a lot of fun playing a Toreador in a troupe game (when I can play, I'm forever ST).
>>
>>53693211
Why Assamite and what am I getting myself into if I do?
>>
>>53693337

1) no one will trust you the second anyone finds out what you are
2) easy to pass as a malkavian (at least according to V20 rules) because you've got an obsessive-compulsive derangement
3) they're my favorite clan and if I can't play one you have to
>>
>>53693325
Yeah, I was leaning towards Tremere with a focus on healing magic and other beneficial magic... I kind of wanted to start our as a useful supporting cast member then develop my own brand of treachery from there. Malkavian does sound fun though.

>>53693448
Maybe as my second character...but for my first in this group and as a Larper, I'd rather not start off being too much of a potential outcast.
>>
>>53688830
Personally, I allow it if you use the reach/mana to make it lasting. Because RAW your could force a spirit to use it's influence to do the exact same thing or use a fetish.

It's kind of a pointless hurdle.
>>
Alright boys, try this
https://mega.nz/#F!5G5l2S7D!dlVkPLauOHM54sw9FE4PVw
>>
Has anyone ever LARPed Werewolf or Mage? How did it go?
>>
>>53695693
>Werewolf LARP
Yiffing was invoved

>Mage LARP
Lawn chairs were involved
>>
>>53696008
Can LARPers even fit in the lawn chairs?
>>
>>53696103
They might need Life or Correspondence first. Maybe Matter if they want to make the chair bigger.
>>
>>53696208
Space could help
>>
>>53693448
Actually, scratch that. Assamite Vizier masquerading as a Malkavian is a go. What would your suggestions be? I was thinking rolling two metal d6 I have until they hit 7 be my obsession, or shuffling a deck of tarot or playing cards.
>>
>>53695693
Both games can be fun, but werewolf is a bit yiffy, and Mage games go easily off the rails without a solid story teller.
>>
So when are we getting Jyhad Diary again?
>>
>>53696712
Eventually. After that OPP is kill.
>>
>>53696763
I thought opp only works on CWoD?
>>
>>53696899
OPP has the X20th line kickstarters its still fulfilling, I believe after that they aren't doing any more CWoD.
They also have Exalted, CofD, and uhm Scion iirc.
>>
>>53696942
Assuming they ever release anything for some of the stuff. 'Cause they still have, y'know, Kickstarter materials from 3+ years ago that are still unreleased.

>>53696899
They develop and publish the CWoD 20th Anniversary lines, CofD lines, and Exalted for NuWW. They outright own Aeon, Trinity, Aberrant, and Scion IIRC. When V5 drops, AFAIK, they will stop publishing ANYTHING related to CWoD/OWoD, as all 5th Edition development will move in house to NuWW.
>>
>>53697034
Fuck I still want 2e imperial mysteries. I'm really not looking forward to a new edition. From the stupid steam game it looks like shit.
>>
>>53697116
What does an OWoD phone game have to do with a NWoD publication?
>>
>>53697116
CofD is not CWoD, dude. If OPP continues to have the CofD (Mage the Awakening) license, you may eventually get Imperial Mysteries 2e. Probably around 2040 at their release speed, but...
>>
>>53697116
These game lines have both been out for like 10+ years, how are people so stupid they still get confused as to which is which?
>>
>>53697183
These acronyms are getting dumb. Also yeah what is with them doing things slower than molasses you'd think there'd be some fucking work ethic.
>>
>>53697241
That's why I hate calling it CofD, I still use OWoD and NWoD to differentiate. And you'd think, especially with some kickstarters reaching half-million dollar marks.
>>
>>53696554

FUCK yeah

Well, in V20, the obsession needs to be an intellectual pursuit (specifically, tied to your "highest-rated intellectual or creative ability.") SO, you could be an information broker and have an obsessive need to collect gossip or to politic - this kind of guy would treat almost every conversation as a business transaction, for example. You could also be devoted to Occult mysteries, trying to unravel the secrets of the vampiric condition, or anything else that'd fall under intellectual or creative ability. What I would do is, find out what intellectual abilities are actually called for in this LARP (no point in being a savant chemist if that won't get used for example) and try to pick one of those, OR go with my politics-obsessed example from above. As a character goal, why not go with "wants to get the Assamite clan accepted by the Camarilla and wishes to drive a wedge between the other vampires and the Tremere?" Classic for the clan, and adds roleplay elements.
>>
>>53681605
DESU started off interesting, with the spine/neck, but then the head ... dude, pure anime/cartoonishness. And yet I almost like it if the game is playing it looser than the nWoD more somber feel. I mean at least is isn't tranny shit.
>>
>>53688652
Ah fuck there were rules for fighting mobs in one of the cMage books. It might have been the Revised Storytellers Guide.
>>
Hey guys I'm getting to the point where my mage should be joining/creating a legacy. He's a Thyrsus adamantine arrow gnosis 3 life 3 spirit 3 fate 2 forces 2 matter 1.

I was thinking about a Forces ruling Spirit secondary legacy kind of like Aang from avatar. Has this been done before/advice?
>>
>>53696592

Well that's true of Mage and Werewolf in General. I mean in LARP format.

I'm sure there's no "Garou Nation" or "Council of Nine" equivalent to the Camarilla.
>>
>>53697116
Doesn't need one. Imperial Mysteries is generally so plot heavy theres nothing stopping you from running it as written in 2e right now.
>>
>>53698085
Illuminated Path are the only Thyrsus Forces Legacy I can think of.
Your idea would also potentially work, energies do influence the Shadow much in same way everything else does.
>>
Why dont more larps use apps for things? rather stupid playing rock,paper scissors when you can press a button on a phone and get results...
>>
>>53698228
You do know pulling out a phone and unlocking it takes more time than RPS right? It also often distracts from the game, say if you aren't playing a bunch of characters who would have cell phones. Also having them out constantly serves as an easy distraction from being IC, also all the apps pretty much suck dick and there is nothing official.
>>
>>53693602
I guess you are misunderstanding Vampire to be some kind of Dungeon Crawler with classes and roles, there are no "healers" or "casters" in vampire, WoD is a Narrative Urban Gothic Fantasy Horror game, not a hack and slash.

Also, vampires can heal damage by spending blood points.

I wouldn't suggest you to play a Malkavian if that's your first PC, they are difficult to role properly without becoming a comedy relief, and, if you act too crazy they may just kill you, or imprison you.

Basic Toreadors are quite easy to role, they are snob, they like art, they are rich, and they can manipulate mortals and other vampires with Presence.

Tremeres will give you a free shelter for the day, and you can have an edge on other kindred with thaumaturgy, but you are your elder bitch, if you screw up, they WILL know.
>>
>>53698262
playing RPS a) looks stupid b) ditracts from the game also those arnt good excuses.

And frankly if you dont have a smartphone by now then gtfo

I think abit of work and apps could be very cool, esp with AR
>>
>>53698262
playing RPS a) looks stupid b) ditracts from the game also those arnt good excuses.

I prefer the nwod larp system using 10 cards also.

And frankly if you dont have a smartphone by now then gtfo

I think abit of work and apps could be very cool, esp with AR
>>
>>53698390
>>53698364
You'd be surprised at the sheer amount of people who just can't afford smart phones, you probably don't realize it because you aren't poor. Requiring one for a larp provides a gigantic barrier to entry
>>
>>53698420
only 1 person needs it per side?
>>
>>53698390
>I think abit of work and apps could be very cool, esp with AR
Too bad literally none of that exists.

>I prefer the nwod larp system using 10 cards also.
I've seen many games just go back to dice because MET rules are mostly lacking throughout everything but the core book, and despite using a similar system, its just frankly, not the same. At that point they usually use dice rollers.

But for owod? RPS vs Pull out your phone for RPS?
One of those is literally an extra step on top of rps. I.e. wasting fucking time.
>>
>>53698467
>using dicerollers i assume on phones?
>>
Its 2017 look at all the board games that are starting to use apps and stuff

lets drag larping into the fucking 21st century, i want to play in my underpants at home using VR please!
>>
>>53698481
yes, and every instance ever, its always slower than cards or using actual dice, in the 5+ years I've been larping I've never seen the use of phones speed things up. It always sounds like a good idea, but most people just aren't competent enough to make it work.

I don't know if you knew this, but most 'nerds' are fucking retarded as shit.
>>
>>53698358
No I get that, I've been reading through the rulebook and I think I'm going to go with an information broker type character, as >>53697540 says here. You're right that I do classify characters based on utility, which is a mindset I do need to get out of, but thanks for the advice.
>>
Does anyone have any tips for a CofD beginner here? I just started playing a bit ago and some tips would be helpful for mortal characters.
>>
>>53698769
Guns>>>>>melee
>>
>>53698769
Compared to whatever you're fighting, you're fragile. Invest in stuff that lets you dodge and run away fast. Oh, and a car, so you can drive fast.
>>
>>53698803

Can't exactly do that real easy when the game takes place in britbongland, but duly noted.

>>53698830
My Defense is like 5 and I have two dots athletics and specialty sprinting, I think that might be enough. Only way I could get a car is due to background character allowing me to borrow his.
>>
>>53698860
>Can't exactly do that real easy when the game takes place in britbongland, but duly noted.
Just take dots in streetwise and contacts with the black market.
>>
>>53698860
>Can't exactly do that real easy when the game takes place in britbongland, but duly noted.
How about archery? Is archery allowed for sport there?

Also, buy a few Fighting Style merits. They kick ass because they make you better at asskicking.
>>
>>53698939

Shit, wish I thought of that, if this guy croaks, I'll dump some dots into that.

Also, I doubt I could pull that off since my character is from the USA and moved to britbongland for a job to pay off loans.
>>
>>53698978
What's your character sheet like? There are several ways to get contraband.
>>
>>53688926
>Mages aren't even biologically human.

Did I miss something and their DNA changes when they awaken?
>>
File: stats.png (294KB, 689x681px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
294KB, 689x681px
>>53698970
Like, I could only find one fighting style merit in the chronicles of darkness book that would suit my character (improvised weaponry), and my Storyteller is a bit iffy on me using other WoD books.

>>53699017
Here's the sheet with his skills, and as context, my character works in the IT department for a new company in London, so that's why he has dots in computers and such (the persuasion is because his vice is Deceitful)

I blotted stuff like aspirations and allies in case my DM ever finds this.

The stuff between Allies and Trained Observer are 7 relationship dots that the DM asked us to assign to people.
>>
>>53699147
I disagree with the other anon but I can understand the sentiment. A mage's humanity or lack thereof is an interesting theme to explore.
>>
>>53699204
>Like, I could only find one fighting style merit in the chronicles of darkness book that would suit my character (improvised weaponry), and my Storyteller is a bit iffy on me using other WoD books.
Hurt locker is a CofD/2e book and has a few more options for fighting styles, though the story teller may have simliar objections to it
>>
>>53699204
You've got resources, persuasion, and a dot in firearms.

Perhaps your character belongs to or can join a skeet shooting club. You might be able to grease some palms and 'find a guy who knows a guy'.
>>
>>53699291

The skeet shooting idea sounds pretty solid actually, and I did google "london skeet shooting" and they do exist.

Problem is that skeet shooting usually deals with shotguns, and the paranormal shit we've bumped into so far has been our office we worked at going to the negative zone and locking us in with a pig monster. We had too many close calls trying to smuggle in knives to work for when it happens next time.

But either way, if we have to go out searching for the spoops, having a shotgun is good.
>>
>>53699356
If you saw off the barrel it's much easier to conceal, though this won't help if you're having trouble even with knives.
>>
>>53699356
Your character has some Crafts. Try making something like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubotan

Disguise the rod as a rocket or something and you should be gold.
>>
>>53699434

Sawing off is good idea, makes it way more portable, that and you reminding me that I have crafts helps. All I really need is a way to saw off the thing.

>>53699442
Also a good idea, but I don't know where I could make it really in britbong, that and I looked up that article and the kubotans are banned in there too, but the rocket disguise bit works.
>>
>>53699476
Pipe guns aren't as big here in burgerstan with how easy it is to get the real deal but improvised firearms could be in flavor for your game.
>>
>>53699515
That's not an improvised firearm, it's an improvised pain compliance stick.
>>
>>53699476
>Also a good idea, but I don't know where I could make it really in britbong, that and I looked up that article and the kubotans are banned in there too, but the rocket disguise bit works.

Find a hardware store? I can't be impossible to buy the materials and put something together in one of the characters' garages.

Making it a rocket means you get to put a big nasty spike on top. Perfect for ramming into a pig man's eye.
>>
>>53699571
true, this weapon would deal lethal damage rather than bashing, goodness god knows we had a horrible time trying to kill the baby of the pig monster with only my character not having to chance roll to hit this thing.
>>
How is Vampire the Masquerade Redemption? It's 89 cents right now
>>
>>53699871
worth 89 cents
>>
>>53699871
It's okay, worth that amount
More of a smash and loot than an RPG though in terms of gameplay
>>
>>53699871
I bought it, how the fuck do i zoom out in this game?
>>
>>53700358
The story is fucking excellent though.
>>
>>53700532
I BE JIRI BOROJOV
>>
Did the anon who was making stat blocks for monsters do one for 'the thing'?
>>
>>53701137
That would be cool. A terrifying creature indeed.

Unless you're a mage with Life.
>>
>>53701151
I have a low wisdom NPC mage in my setting who's sanctum is guarded by hoards of xenomorphs and enslaved spirits.

The guardians keep trying to get him to turn it down a notch but you know how well that works.
>>
I'm running a HtV game at the moment where the characters are FBI agents hunting down slashers, does anyone have any ideas I could use for unique slashers? My players are slasher movie fans and have seen Hannibal so I can't just poach ideas from those unfortunately.
>>
>>53701282
How about a Slasher who is also a Skin-Thief? Or maybe a rich and influential Slasher with Supernatural Merits/Dread Powers that control technology, which they use to frame other people for their murders??
>>
>>53701282
Watch the Milliennium series?
>>
What are some good movies/cartoons/comics to show my friends what a mystery play is like during an awakening?
>>
>>53702323
This thread has good videos plus good inspiration text.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/788449-how-does-one-describe-the-experience-of-awakening
>>
>>53702323

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I
>>
>>53702410
>>53702533
Thanks. For different reasons.
>>
How would you determine a mage's speed while flying if they granted themselves wings with magic.
>>
>>53703717
Strength + Dexterity + 5 + Potency
>>
>>53703739
Nice and simple I like it.
>>
Designing an artifact this is what I got so far.

Realm Walkers

A potent artifact that is often mistaken for lesser more common magic foot wear. Initially, the boots seem to only be enchanted w/ a ground eater effect but use of prime magic/research can unveil their true potential. Appearing as a simple pair of hiking boots which always fit the wearer perfectly regardless of foot size. They're also quite comfortable.

Activation (touch the heels together while saying 'haste' in high speech)

Cost (9)
Mana (18)
Gnosis (5)
Effective Arcana (Space 4)
Spells Teleportation•••• instant casting w/ Sympathetic casting attainment, Alter Direction •••• Which can only define down being the where the sole of the boot is pointing for the wearer instant casting, Break Boundary •• advanced duration/instant casting/optional constricted passage reach, Ground Eater • advanced duration/instant casting
>>
>>53704746
Your maths is out by one reach, almost across the board. Pump up the base cost by 1 to get it to Space 5 and you're fine.
That being said, somehow you messed up your maths and added that one extra anyway, so you're fine.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxPWYpcVI1c

This song makes me think of Mage (either version) whenever I listen to it. Anyone else?
>>
>>53704992
Fucking hell. How 'bout now.

Cost (12)
Mana (24)
Gnosis (6)
Effective Arcana (Space 5)

Spells
Teleportation•••• instant casting w/ Sympathetic casting attainment, Alter Direction •••• Which can only define down being the where the sole of the boot is pointing for the wearer instant casting/advanced duration,
Break Boundary •• advanced duration/instant casting/optional constricted passage reach,
Ground Eater • advanced duration/instant casting
>>
What's a good dice roller for CofD? 'Rpgroller' doesn't always work on my computer for some strange reason.
>>
>>53705182

Could always try Dicecord: https://further-reading.net/dicecord/
>>
>>53696942
>>53697034
Who owns cavaliers of mars?
>>
>>53705125
Uh dude, every lesser effect costs half.
>>
>>53704746
>>53705125

this can't actually walk a realm.
>>
>>53705573

Rose Bailey.
>>
>>53693086

I'm a huge fan of Mummy. It's got some issues though and very byzantine rules.

I'm very very slowly working on refluffing them and making Arisen from every culture possible.
>>
>>53702533
>>53705108

>Obrimos Awakening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRfuAukYTKg
>>
>>53705108
>>53705809
Encounters with the abyss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSWCK5wJLo4&t=11s
>>
>>53705125
You cant bump a spell up a dot just to get extra shit. You need to map the effect to a spell & practice. Teleportation is 4 always will be, you cant teleport using making/unmaking.
>>
>>53706709
You need a higher Arcanum for additional reach. Which means the cost is higher.
>>
>>53706757
Then you need to add another lvl 5 effect. You cant just make teleportation a 5 dot effect.
>>
>>53681099
>What's the most unusual thing a someone has done in your game?

We were playing Vampires in a city utterly devoid of them. Found out at the end of the campagin that one fucker wasn't a vampire at all - just a really devoted-to-detail Purified who claimed he had a solid command of disciplines, so didn't set off the predator's taint.
>>
So, any insights into V5's metaplot yet? My gaming group has to be dragged into WoD, with several not liking dice pool games, so most of my White Wolf enjoyment comes from reading the metaplot and video games.

We Eat Blood concerned me.
>>
Holy shit. Universal Studios just nuked the viability of the WoD IP.
>>
>>53711157
Actually, I'm not sure if the total failure of the Dark Universe will be good or bad in the long run, but the immediate thing is they're effectively lifting the premise of a shared spookyverse to the point where it threatens the WoD's ability to be exploited. If there were ever plans to make a WoD-inspired film or something, that just got shot in the leg.
>>
>>53711157
Best news I have heard this week
>>
>>53710818

All we've got is:
Second Inquisition started, Camarilla disappeared into the night and abandoned the streets to the Anarchs to avoid the Inquisition forces comprised of a number of government agencies, mages, and Pentex, and a number of Elders (mainly Sabbat) are being drawn to the middle east to do something, not known what

>>53711157
>>53711235
What're you two talking about?
>>
>>53711267
The new Mummy movie, I guess. I heard it was pretty bad, but they still plan to churn out Frankenstein, the Creature of the Black Lagoon and all the gang.
>>
>>53711157
>Red letter media talked about a classic monster movie cinematic universe
I thought it was a FUCKING JOKE
It's bad enough I have to sell WoD as "Y-yeah I guess it's like d&d" I don't want to have to fucking say "it's dark universe d&d"
Fucking kill me
>>
>>53711390
When did it start being called dark universe instead of the monsterverse?
>>
>>53711476
I don't know, I just googled it from that post and it seems legit
Universal fucked up by making mummy their first foray into it, then again the classic aesthetic of monsters are fucking lost on modern film techniques unless they do it like fucking world of darkness where they go "Preface to our setting: these things exist, how is that so with modern tech, cameras, religious fanatics, etc. why the fuck aren't they extinct"
That said they will probably just make a bunch of shitty origin stories that are nowhere near as good as their inspirations
>>
>>53711539
I'm sad I now have to say, "No, not that mummy the one with brendon frasure"
>>
>>53711539
Howt the hell do you fuck up a mummy movie anyway? It doesn't need to be high art, just amuse us with archaeologists or treasure hunters fighting immortal undead in exotic locations.
>>
>>53712191
I'm disappointed a collected monster universe doesn't have Brendan Fraser as an important cast member.
>>
>>53712238
>I'm disappointed a collected monster universe doesn't have Brendan Fraser as an important cast member.

True, there is nothing more frightening and monstrous than Brendan Fraser's acting abilities.
>>
>>53695655

Thanks, I put it in my mega.
>>
>>53712191

>Howt the hell do you fuck up a mummy movie anyway?

By not having the mummy fuck Tom Cruise and take him as her spouse, while defending him from all the other monsters in future films.
>>
>>53712191

Considering that the only two actually good Mummy movies are the original and the first Hammer Horror Mummy film, it is actually very easy to fuck up a Mummy movie, historically speaking.
>>
>>53712575
Wait what?
>>
>>53712319
Come on, monkey bones wasn't THAT bad
>>
File: 1496892754437.jpg (252KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1496892754437.jpg
252KB, 1000x1333px
>>53712923

This is the chick that plays the mummy.

She wanted to use Cruise's character as a vessel for Set, and to become his lover and future queen of the world, to rule by his side.
>>
>>53713083
This is so fucking stupid. Did atmmajakki write the script?
>>
File: mfw my fetish is posted.png (3KB, 215x163px) Image search: [Google]
mfw my fetish is posted.png
3KB, 215x163px
>>53713083
>>
>>53711267
So where in this did the Ventrue all get permanent nosebleeds? Is it from the Anarchs catching them?
>>
File: hvkiftya4klc0p2fsscj.jpg (3MB, 3600x1498px) Image search: [Google]
hvkiftya4klc0p2fsscj.jpg
3MB, 3600x1498px
>>53713490

Here's the lengthy spoiler-heavy summary of the film:

>>>/tv/83666055
>>>/tv/83666337
>>>/tv/83666519
>>>/tv/83666865
>>
File: Sofia-Boutella-Wallpapers.jpg (3MB, 2657x1772px) Image search: [Google]
Sofia-Boutella-Wallpapers.jpg
3MB, 2657x1772px
>>53713525

You are clearly a pervert.
>>
>>53712700
I didn't say good, but at least enjoyable. The Brendan Frasier ones were by no stretch of the imagination good but they had a kind of fervent energy and camp to them which made them at least watchable, plus a pretty cool mummy. This seems more like it'd be an emotionless slog.
>>
>>53713557
Kek dude nice

it's edgy thematic art you dumb cunt stop judging the whole line based on one image in a slideshow
>>
>>53713822

Wow, what a boring movie.
>>
So how does casting time work for an imbued item/artifact work if you don't use the reach for instant casting?

I assume the spell goes off after the ritual duration for the items effective gnosis like some sort of magical time bomb. But can the item be used for anything else while the casting is done? What about the wielder?
>>
>>53714108
I liked the first one, mostly because of Jonathan.
>>
>>53715222
You too are a man of refined tastes I see.
>>
Newish storyteller here, how do i micromanage large scale battles with 5+ vampires?

Them having disciples and all is pretty overwhelming for me and im not sure how powerful some of them are and how to confront my players with some of them
>>
>>53715301
I suggest looking at Hunter's rules for monsters or the "generic" dread powers from the 2e core book for starters. How many players do you have? What splat are they?
>>
>>53715367
Two players, one guy playing a Malkavian and the other guy playing a Toreador. Toreador has combat stats but he doesn't use them, Malk pretty much only uses his dementation in battle (dunno if im doing that one right but he accidentally min-maxed himself 9 die with that one)
>>
>>53715454
How powerful are they? What about their opponents?
>>
>>53715482
Opponents right now are pretty weak but by the end of the current campaign they're supposed to go against 10+ opponents (lol)

My players have a shotgun but other than that they're pretty weak. Maybe i have to change up the adventure a bit maybe i have to tell them outright to skill into firearms i dunno
>>
>>53715527
Do they really have to fight them all at once?
>>
File: insaneprince.png (690KB, 789x771px) Image search: [Google]
insaneprince.png
690KB, 789x771px
>>53715639
See image for details

Basically the prince sets his haven on fire and sends his goons after them

Maybe i could split the battle into segments? It would be hard because i made his heaven a tower block but maybe i could manage
>>
>>53715712
Oh yea and werewolves dunno how they'll ever kill those
>>
>>53715712
You're not forced to use them all at once. It's your game, after all. If they need to fight all of them, you'll need to tone them down so they have a chance.
>>
So what kind of physical item could be purchased from a goblin market to give someone a tactical advantage over a group of mages?
>>
>>53715778
Yea i agree i'll have to tone it down a lot

Thing is they'll have to minmax a lot towards combat to have a chance to kill a werewolf (as far as i know im a rookie storyteller)
>>
>>53715781
Define 'advantage'.
>>
>>53715852
My players are kindred and the game had led them to looking for a mage(s.) They're aware enough to know mages are not to be taken lightly. And they're meeting a Changeling goblin marketeer so thats what i got
>>
Why is it so hard to find a VtR game? I thought Vampire was supposed to be the most popular game
>>
>>53716206
Most popular of the WoD games sure, but keep in mind WoD isn't insanely popular itself anyways.
>>
>>53716206
Most popular? Yes.

Best of the gamelines? Hardly.
>>
>>53716274
Well we all know that you can't really compare the gamelines.

Aside from enough to know that Beast is the worst
>>
>>53716301
Awakening is clearly the best. Just try to prove me wrong

Hint: You literally cannot
>>
>>53716371
That's not how you spell "Ascension"
>>
File: 1434925482058.jpg (28KB, 680x314px) Image search: [Google]
1434925482058.jpg
28KB, 680x314px
>>53716371
>>
>>53681181
Us the discipline called Dominate, of course.
>>
>>53716132
Don't look at it as trying to give them an edge on a mage, but as an edge on a person. With how potent and versatile mages can be, any sort of combat edge you give them could well be negated or worked around. What they need is leverage; sell them something the mage wants or needs, or sell them some means of influencing or controling the mage's mortal life.
>>
>>53716469
Leverage isn't entirely reliable when up against or conversing with a Mage.

It's also unwise to tamper with their mortal lives, as a single failure means your doom.
>>
>>53715781
A white flag.
Made from the woven white hair of a thousand widows. When wielded it compels peace upon all those who view it.
>>
How do Changelings fair against Mages in general? Aren't they just as versatile?
>>
>>53716371
Awakening is pretty good, especially when its played as a political game and everyone remembers that "just because a person can doesn't mean they immediately will". Gotta love trying to deal with the crazies

It doesn't do territory fighting nearly as well as Vampire or Werewolf though
>>
>>53716703
No they're nowhere near as versatile or powerful. They're an entire order of magnitude more pathetic.
>>
>>53716703
Changelings are limited by contracts, Mages can make up spells on the spot.
Changelings might have some stuff accessible from character creation that Mages will take a while to develop, like teleportation and animating items/golems, but ultimately Mages win out in flexibility and generally power.

It also doesn't help them that the Fate Arcanum fucking annihilates most Changeling abilities.
The Komodo Exarch has stated Fate 3 is enough to cancel active Changeling contracts, and (I think) Fate 2 is enough to trick a Changeling's pledges into thinking they've been broken.
>>
>>53716595
>It's also unwise to tamper with their mortal lives, as a single failure means your doom.
Well shit man that's one more failure than you get when you're fighting a Mage. If it comes to blows, it doesn't matter if you do everything "right", he's going to turn you into a lawnchair.
>>
>>53716631
Done! Now to just hope none of my players are reading this
>>
heyo bros any of you can provide full PDF of "dudes of Legend: How To Be Fucking Awesome"? Wanna have some fun on the next session
>>
>>53717655
Its in one of the CofD megas under april fools.
>>
>>53717737
>https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
got any idea which one?
>>
>>53717737
nevermind, found it, I'm retarded
>>
>>53717778
https://mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw!qF4D0DxK
>>
>>53710818
Well...
* Vampires attempted to fuck with the ABC organizations
* Vampires failed, and the government (not just Project Twilight, but the full government) got wind of 'unliving entities' in their midst.
* They, along with some backing from the Technocracy, began a purge. This is the Second Inquisition.
* This is due in large part to the Anarch Movement as a sect.
* The Camarilla became super insular and cut off their youngers, giving them just one rule to follow: the Masquerade. The streets are given over to the neonates and ancillae, and we're returning to the use of 'anarch' in lowercase to mean a non-Elder, non-Camarilla-approved vampire.
* The Camarilla is now something you earn your way into by not being a fuckup.
* Elders have been called to the East to fight in the 'Gehenna War' in ancient, old forgotten temples. The Sabbat followed suit because of the mass of Elders and, y'know, Gehenna.
* The Anarch Movement is a mess of its former self, after single-handedly fucking things up by wrecking Camarilla in Berlin and bringing down the wrath of the government.
>>
>>53713557
Because they hired a shitty avante-garde art director. Everything except the Brujah looks awful, and the Brujah look like fucking hipsters.
>>
>>53717842
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.