[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are Grey Knights in 8e? Been thinking of getting into 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4131.jpg (176KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4131.jpg
176KB, 650x823px
How are Grey Knights in 8e? Been thinking of getting into 40k with them and I love the idea of an order of Psychic Paladins in Space. Only thing I don't like about them is the Dreadknight thing. Hideous, that is.
>>
>>53670914
>inb4 they're shit
They're ok.
>>
File: WH40k - Splendid Grey Knight.jpg (732KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
WH40k - Splendid Grey Knight.jpg
732KB, 1280x800px
>>53670914
+Our melee deal d3 wounds with good ap standard
+Storm bolters deal a sensible amount of dakka now
+Everyone has a somewhat weaker version of smite for literal mind bullets
+Our psychic powers are all useful and can be chosen for the unit.
+psilencers got cheap
+Apothecaries can be taken on their own now
+deep strike is now reliable and you don't have to pray to big E that half your army doesn't come in late or spawn in some rock

-High model costs (The less good units got cheaper while the better ones got more expensive)
-Just as squishy as normal Space Marines
-Incinerators got expensive

As one who got into them in 7e, I'm looking forward to this edition.
Oh god, were they shit in 7e. Daemons would regularly kick our asses
>>
>>53670914
In general, I'm looking forward to 8th.
No more deepstrike scatter, no more needing to activate force on every single squad before they charge, FINALLY getting 2 wound terminators and 3 wound paladins.

Also, I can finally play my meched up Grey Knights halfway decently due to rhino's and Land Raiders and Dreadnoughts becoming more durable.
But I do see a couple issues in unit redundancy, for example, Strikes are plain superior for their cost in comparison to Purifiers, and I personally am having problems justifying Terminators for 46 points apiece when Paladins do so much more for just 11 points more.
Also, I really love the "Apothecary", "Ancients", etc, I think they add alot of flavor to the army as a whole.

Somehow I think we are gonna have to go the Deathstar route to be effective though, because of the new "rule of one" psychic phase, which does kinda sadden me. Also, we do have the problem of being an extremely elite army in an Edition that favors horde style lists.

All in all though, it can't really be worse than 7th. I am kinda sad that they haven't brought back the cool oldschool rad grenades and psybolt ammo tho, I'm kinda bummed that I missed that phase since I only started 40k about 2 years ago.
>>
>>53672559
Huh, cool. But Paladins aren't troops, I thought?
>>
>>53673157
Use the Vanguard Detachement.
WE ARE ALL ELITES NAOH

But thats also a bit tricky for us, I think we'll have a harder time getting command points since our units cost so much.
>>
Just don't let your terminators kill in vehicles or you might suffer some mortal wounds
>>
>>53670914
>most elite marines in the galaxy
>still manlets
Embarrassing. When are the GK going to trade in their 5'11" Astartes for Primaris?
>>
>>53673352
Hopefully when the individual codexes are released, we'll get Grey Knight specific detachments that throw us a bone.
>>
>>53670914
They are shaping up nicely. The boosts in wounds, armor reduction system adjustments and buffs to all their weapons means they will do well in 8th.

>the Dreadknight thing
Convert it. I simply took the dude off the front and put a computery like box. It's a robot for me.
>>
>>53674813
>the Dreadknight thing
Just don't play it. Dreadnoughts are now viable. We no longer need those rediculous construction worker bots. I played all of 7th without them.
>>
>>53670914
Who cares, Harlequins look boss
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.