[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Board Game General /bgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 41

File: 300 general.jpg (247KB, 630x581px) Image search: [Google]
300 general.jpg
247KB, 630x581px
Last thread:
>>53588339
Pastebin:
>http://pastebin.com/NA2W929q

Tell me about your favorite fightan' games /bgg/; what's the best war themed one? How about gladiatorial combat? Dudes on a map? What's your favorite method of combat resolution?
>>
First for Eldritch Horror is a patrician board game.
>>
Turns out Dark Souls is a shitty grind in multiplayer, but actually pretty fun and challenging in Solo mode with most of the grinding being un-necessary since you don't have to suit up four assholes.
>>
>>53657149

I wondered about that.
>>
>>53657149
Yup. Never feels that bad with only one or two, but the game just slows down and the grind feels so LONG with 3+.

On an unrelated note, looking into splotter games. Which do you folks suggest: The Great Zimbabwe, Food Chain Magnate, or Indonesia? Group is 4 large at best, but would probably be seen with 3 players most often.
>>
Excuse the basic questions, beginner here:

How does tabletop simulator work? Do I download it and then I can play any game on there for free? And I'm guessing that I have to play someone else but are games in realtime?

Also, what are some of the better board game apps to download? I already have race for the galaxy and star realms
>>
>>53657547
Games on TTS are in realtime and against other people, though any games with functional solo modes you can of course play by yourself.
Most of the games that people have made modules for are completely free, but a couple games have had "official" mods made for them that are paid DLC.
>>
>>53656354
I don't know if I can call them my favorite since I haven't had a chance to play them yet, but I'm itching to get Kemet and Neuroshima Hex to the table sometime
>>
>>53656354
>best war themed
considering I only own Quartermaster General and Triumph & Tragedy for historical war-themed games, my vote has to go to T&T

>gladiatorial combat
I guess Neuroshima Hex qualifies here, though I really need to cut out my PnP copy of Avalon Hill Gladiator with updated/new rules

>dudes on a map
Kemet

>combat resolution
I've talked about this many times before on /bgg/ but I absolutely love Cave Evil's combat resolution - you compare three out of six stats of opposing stacks of units and each player rolls a D12 per stat check as a combat modifier, whoever loses is eliminated. if you can get a stack that has stats that are >=12 better than the opponent's stack, you auto-win and the opponent's stack is eliminated immediately
>>
>>53656725
The lcg is an improvement
>>
What's the deal with Meetup.com? Do they charge users money? How to do they make money?
>>
>>53662471
>What's the deal with Meetup.com? Do they charge users money? How to do they make money?
The organizer of each meetup has to pay an annual fee.
>>
>>53656354
>war
memoir 44
>gladiators
never played one, does Wiz War count?
>dudes on a map
Inis Inis Inis Inis
>combat resolution
semi-random, early 40k was pretty good at it
>>
>>53663769
>does Wiz War count
Sure, I was thinking more as a general "get in the arena and duke it out" theme; KoT, Ultimate Warriorz, Summoner Wars, hell even MtG could be seen as gladiatorial in nature.
>>
>>53656725

Literally just Cthulhu Pandemic. Would not play again.
>>
A married couple I know is looking for some games that are simple and good for two players; think Tsuro, for example. They want stuff they can play in a half hour while their baby naps. Any others I can suggest to them?
>>
File: the wife's recs v6.png (3MB, 1878x1672px) Image search: [Google]
the wife's recs v6.png
3MB, 1878x1672px
>>53664247
Anything from the abstract, dice chuckers, the first two from deckbuilders, the light cards, first 3 drafting, Carc, Splendor, Pagoda, Survive..... prolly a few others on there that can be done in 30 minutes.
>>
File: epicspellwars_box.png (765KB, 590x848px) Image search: [Google]
epicspellwars_box.png
765KB, 590x848px
you guys ever play this? its pretty fun once you get past the "le so randum name xD" aspect and its great taking your time to build up a spell to fuck over all of your enemies

the sequel is better
>>
>>53657547
Has anyone played any board games apps aside from the two I mentioned? Any others worth getting?
>>
>>53664752
Don't know about the paid ones, but Condado and Farmasonne are free ripoffs of San Juan and Carcasonne respectively.
>>
>>53664752
Sentinels of the multiverse is pretty cool, but expensive if you want the expansions (and you will if you get really into it). Splendor and San Juan apps are pretty good. Patchwork is free(and good) on android if you have amazon prime. Dream quest is an awesome deckbuilding RPG, just ignore the art. Sadly no android version, but it's available on IOS and PC. Ticket to Ride and Small Worlds apps are also good. To be honest, I haven't found a board game app that sucks, unless the game it's based on sucks.
>>
>>53664752
Phone/tablet apps? Elder Sign has great production, and despite the fact you lose all the fun of chucking dice, it's prolly better than the tabletop version, as all the fiddly upkeep is automated. 1st & Goal can be a little buggy but if you're a football fan it's fantastic and a really good representation of the board game; be aware you will hate that fucking play die. Carcassonne, TtR and Splendor are just straight ports, but good animation/music and the difficulty seems about right. Hey That's My Fish if you're an abstract fan, it's got a nice challenge mode by letting you unlock layouts for the tiles by meeting different win conditions. Patchwork/Ingenious are ok, nothing to write home about but can be gotten for free off the amazon store every so often. Alhambra was a disappointment (the controls are fucking tiny, especially on a phone) but if you're a big fan I guess it's a fair representation.

Onirim was free last week on ios/android, and the anon who posted it here is my new best friend; I've played about 30-40 games. Fantastic solo game but I never had the time or energy to bother with that much shuffling for just myself.

Also Galaxy Trucker; you might not be a fan of the board version (I'm not really) but the way it sets up the campaign and missions is fantastic. It's something you can burn out on (Star Realms app killed it for me the last 6 months) but the challenge is perfect, and that sort of frustrating you'd get from playing arcade ports on the old NES. You will yell and swear and be pissed at that one fucking rock that ruined your perfect setup and of course the aliens only accept the winning fucking ship, but just maybe one more try before bed, it's only 3am.
>>
>>53664447
It's fun but I wouldn't really play it outside of a filler/party scenario.
>>
Mage Knight is my favorite game and I haven't really found anything that scratches the same itch. Any suggestions?
>>
Does anyone have a print and play version of Lost Lake and/or it's expansions?
>>
>>53666333
Err... I mean Lost Legacy
>>
>>53664752
i has played ascension A LOT. and it's great
>>
>>53656725
Got all the expansions, feels good man.
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/152730994/deception-undercover-allies-0/rewards

Looks like hiddenidentitykino is back in the menu boys
>>
>>53666729
>87 dollars just to get the base game
Haha no thanks
>>
First KS I ever backed, the game just looks amazing gameplay wise and visually, but I would really rather spend 40$ less and get tokens or cardboard standups and not super expensive minis.

Still, asymmetrical area-control with various win-cons sounds amazing, and the gameplay I saw so far also looked promising.

Lets not forget the shipping is dirt cheap.

Anyone else backing?
>>
Does anyone on here frequent Boardgame Geek?

I'm making a boardgame and am just going through the forums and that, wondering what to comment on and how to set up to make a [WIP] post and whew, the place is a little overwhelming.
>>
>>53669919
I think I might have considered it if I haven't already gone all-out on Mythic Battles: Pantheon.
Though I must say that I don't like the visual style that much. That mix of Greek mythology and sci-fi just doesn't sit right with me.
>>
>>53670092
>the place is a little overwhelming
Understatement; they've been changing up their web design because of the analytics for how many people would show up based off a google search and immediately move away, the game pages were from the early web 90s era and tough to deal with for newcomers. Still not a huge fan of the new game pages since there's not as much editing as I want but they've grown on me. There's not a single good way to make it easier to deal with from the start, but I find editing your front page to cover exactly what you're interested in, helps a lot. If you've got a safe landing page you're better off

As for where to post? Prolly either design theory or wip subforum of link below
>boardgamegeek.com/forum/974616/boardgamegeek/board-game-design
>>
>>53670138
>That mix of Greek mythology and sci-fi just doesn't sit right with me.
I sympathize - but you should read Illium by Dan Simmons sometime.
>>
I want your opinions of Betrayal at House on the Hill. Do you guys consider it a good game? Would you consider any house rules or modifications to make it more fun, balanced, or skill based? Is the expansion any good besides the haunts? Are there any good haunts in the expansion, because the ones I've played so far are pretty dumb. It doesn't help that they've made questionable decisions on who they got to make their haunts.
>>
>>53656354
>What's the best war themed one?
Heroes of Normandie shows no signs of getting replaced as my go-to pseudo-wargame. Convincingly simulationist without drowning me in CRT's, great art, light but significant hidden information, colorful scenario play, more customization for skirmish modes than I'll ever be able to shake a Panther at. The base dice combat resolution leaves something to be desired, but that's been easy to fix.

>How about gladiatorial combat?
It's still a shameless dicechucker with great art but virtually nonexistant production quality, but for the moment I have to give this one to Arsenal: Arena Combat - a light card-driven system for 'Mech brawling with fun resource management and great pacing.
But I think it's going to be completely replaced for me by Giga-Robo once that ships, despite the latter having significantly more bland art and falling definitively on the wrong end of the Battletech-Gundam spectrum.
>Dudes on a map?
Kemet for blood, Rex for tension.
Both are just far too good.
>What's your favorite method of combat resolution?
I'm addicted to resolution systems that use hidden information derived from player choices.

>>53666729
The game is really solid, but I probably won't go in for it.
>>53669919
Looks like it does a couple interesting things, but doesn't seem very elegant about it.

>>53671121
>I want your opinions of Betrayal at House on the Hill.
Remember this part.
>Do you guys consider it a good game?
No. Not even remotely.
>Would you consider any house rules or modifications to make it more fun, balanced, or skill based?
Does kerosene count?
>Is the expansion any good besides the haunts?
I'd bet money it's not any good including the haunts, but I'm sure as hell not going to spend any time investigating that hypothesis.
>>
>>53671301
>I'd bet money it's not any good including the haunts, but I'm sure as hell not going to spend any time investigating that hypothesis.
I'll give you a hint: They got the guys from Cards Against Humanity, Zoe Quinn, and Anita Sarkessian to write some of their haunts.
>>
Game is 100% crap. The only thing it's good for it is BBQ fuel.
>>
>>53664927
>>53664927
How is San Juan? How similar is it to Race for the Galaxy?
>>
>>53671301
>Arsenal: Arena Combat
This game has been on my radar recently. What do you like and not like about it?
>>
>>53671365
What could go wrong? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>53671945
>What could go right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FYP.
>>
I was severely disappointed that Race for the Galaxy came without a map of the galaxy. I was so disappointed, I immediately passed it on. This may have been a mistake.

What's the most similar game to RaceftG but with a map to play on?

Any ideas how to bolt a map to RftG? Possible at all?
>>
>>53671301
I'm >>53669919
Seeing as you like Kemet and Rex so much, what drives you off LoH?
Asymmetrical, Combat might be a bit dull but the whole Quests and empowering you hero seems to make up for it in my opinion.
>>
>>53671121
It's a decent Horror Movie Simulator, and my group tends to have fun with it. Some of the haunts are badly balanced or insane, but it's good for a laugh and so far we haven't played it out. Don't know about the expansion but >>53671365 suggests that I'll probably avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>53671884
Very similar with less moving parts/variations of cards, phases aren't in a fixed order, and no VP depletion game end condition.
>>
>>53672388
So if I already owned Race, is there a point to getting San Juan as well?
>>
>>53671926
Like:
-The energy management is great, though I've found keeping the energy cards in stacks is easier to handle than splayed out like the manual indicates.
-I like the dice pools you have to spend for attack/evade/armor rolls - though I think sometimes the decisions about when to spend these are a little too straightforward. Full refresh of your pools every turn is probably too generous.
-The weapons and equipment and so forth that make up the decks are for the most part really flavorful and fun, but it feels like a couple of the weapons might be just a little too strong - they work fine with the premade decks but are probably too much of an autoinclude if you're deckbuilding.
Art is great, cards are borderline overdesigned but still look good.

What I don't like:
-Production Quality: The game is really meant to be an alternate use for your battletech box set or equivalent robots-on-a-hex-map game, not something that stands on it's own. The included cut-it-out-yourself paper tokens for the mechs are sad, and the empty gladiator arena map is a little boring.
-With 40 cards in a deck and no more than two copies of any given card, draw variance is a little high. You can draw aggressively by throwing away / playing lots of cards to find what you need, but since you're dead if you deck out there's risk there. Adds some interesting decisions, but RNG can make it frustrating.
-Too many dice, which aren't included with the game. It's a good thing I have so many d6 sitting around, because for the high attack builds you can easily be throwing 15+d6 on a single shot. And since the success rate on every die is a flat 1/3, even big rolls can be really unpredictable.
-Variety. I wish there was just more content for the game, especially for the price. More of everything would also help motivate me to deckbuild more.

I'm low on sleep so this probably all sounds like a really unfocused ramble, sorry.
>>
>>53672286
I've actually played Betrayal with the expansion a few times. I'm wondering if the expansion makes things significantly better assuming I just skipped any of the new haunts if they sounded bad. I found some of the features neat, but I'm wondering if house rules and effect overwrites can improve the game without spending $25 on an expansion that cooperated with losers.

I've played the following haunts
>One was involving the traitor becoming Hamlet and trying to complete certain tasks while the heroes say some lines. There were stupid things like the traitor getting bonus rolls if they say things Shakespearean-like. We played it TWICE and crushed the traitor both times. Both were triggered in the Theater. The Theater only has two haunts.
>We also played the other Theater haunt, which involved everyone but one person being the traitor (for mechanical purposes, but I still made "The Room" references) The sole hero is the director who is frustrated with his actors/traitors and is trying to get his special item to complete his vision. The traitors meanwhile are trying to launch their career and are competing with each other. It's as lame as it sounds.

One of our players also flicked through the Traitor's Tome and found a line saying "You're fired." Either it's a lame haunt where you are employees of some boss, maybe a demon boss, or Donald Trump. If it's the latter, I would BEG people not to buy the expansion on principle of the haunt being lame, unfitting, and dated and probably political crap.

So yeah, 2/25 haunts are shit, and probably a third one as well. Not to mention that two other well-known shits are working for it, I can safely say that at least 20% of the haunts are crap.
>>
>>53672530
Assuming you're talking about the app games, I mentioned Condado above that works like San Juan which is free, so no real reason not to. If you're buying the official games though, then probably not; San Juan's merit over Race is that it is a lot easier to teach other players since they can worry about less things, but if you already own one they play similarly enough that you don't *need* the other.
>>
>>53670092
On the note of making your own game, what do you all recommend for someone starting out trying to make a game? What should I make sure is working first?
>>
>>53672181
This is just a quick shot from the hip, so I could easily be way off-base, but
The monster victory condition concerns me a little, I usually want victory conditions to be about directly interacting with the other players.
The other two area control objectives are maybe a little too similar? Might not be an issue.
Battle cards being a single resource that you spend on either attacking monsters or on fights with the other players smells like it'll encourage everyone to either focus on the monsters objective or the area control, and ignore the other. Maybe there's enough feedback between monster loot/glory helping the area control and area control helping you bully the other players heroes that this isn't a problem.

And it's expensive.

But I do really like the way they structure and control round length, that's pretty clever,
I'd like a closer look at the rulebook, cards, and hero abilities, though.
>>
>>53672924
To me, to make a game you need to start with which interesting decisions of what type you want players to make.
Then go throguh which mechanics you enjoy yourself or want to improve on from other games you've played.
Make a prorotype, test it, evaluate it and change it until you're happy.
After you have a decent working base you need to do a few passes about game flow and balance, playtesting with a broader audience and fixing things that people don't understand or don't like, etc.

So to give a terrible example: I want my game to be based on a weighted graph, and players need to decide which routes they take, that's the focus of the game. For that to be important, not only the weight of the road must be relevant, but there should be some further pros and cons. They'll need an objective, probably something like going from one point of the map to the other. Let's make a competitive game, where the goal of other players is not only to advance themselves but also to hinder you. Here I would say mechanics I want are things like "deckbuilding", "take that", etc. Once I have a somewhat formed idea I'd go on to see how it works, and iterate on it. Iteration iteration iteration until I have something enjoyable. If something isn't working don't be afraid to scrap it, I've worked on projects where nobody was "feeling" the game and we tried to fix it when we should have just let it die.
>>
>>53671121
I play it on Halloween just for the B horror movie factor of the theme. Thematically, it has some fun scenarios, but the game itself is awful. Not in a way that takes too long or that is clunky to play, which is what can make it worth a play, but in the fact that you're doing nothing. I'm used to random, but every win is entirely arbitrary. There wasn't even an attempt to make half these scenarios winnable for one side and the can't plan anything keep exploring random shit beginning has such a huge impact on how the other half of the scenarios go.
>>
>>53671365
As if that wasn't bad enough in addition to the "Trump haunt", it's also mechanically a pain in the ass. Adds yet another floor for the house which does nothing but convolute things even more.
>>
>>53674668
Wait, what?! Are we talking about simply having a boss that makes one or two non-political Trump references like "You're fired", or is the boss really Not!Trump?
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 225x224px
Hey /bgg/, is Mysterium fun?

Me and a group of friends recently started playing board games and I got interested in it.
So far we've been playing Dead of Winter and Eldtrich Horror, do you recomment anything?

Thanks!
>>
>>53674776
I don't own it so I can't confirm, but their Twitter posted about having a Trump election related haunt.
>>
>>53674776
From my undersatandibg its very much a notTrump
>>
File: 1482290143549.png (227KB, 518x331px) Image search: [Google]
1482290143549.png
227KB, 518x331px
>>53674854
>>53674862
Then the expansion is a no-go for me and I hated Trump since the beginning.

Any other dungeon-crawler games with diverse scenarios that are better than Betrayal? I have a thing for maps and architecture. Is Mansions of Madness any good? I've only played it once and had some fun.
>>
File: Untitled.png (332KB, 1704x191px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
332KB, 1704x191px
My groups library. Blue is played, yellow is introducing next time.

I'm trying to get my group to play wargames by stockholm syndroming them with slightly increasing complexity. What are some logical next choices?
>>
File: 1492121642088.jpg (176KB, 1331x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1492121642088.jpg
176KB, 1331x1380px
>dont wanna play videogames but too tired to play solo tabletop

Please tell me Im mot alone
>>
File: rising sun.png (311KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
rising sun.png
311KB, 700x394px
Late pledging is still possible and I'm really tempted to. Please talk me out of it. I resisted all this time but a few days ago I started worrying that I could miss the next BIG game like back when I didn't go for Scythe.

What's your guys' opinion on this? It's just nice visuals and plastic right?
>>
>>53674837
It's fine. It is more of a "watch your friends figure out your thing but can't because they don't see the thing right there" type of game, and some say playing the ghost can get rather dull if you don't enjoy that kind of thing. For the price point though I'd actually recommend Deception: Murder in Hong Kong or Codenames, both are cheaper and feature guessing stuff by clues.

As for other games, try dipping your toes into eurogames - games that are light on theme and are usually competitive - like Ticket to Ride(?) (Europe has the highest recommendation I think) or Splendor.
>>
>>53676020
If you have the money and don't mine having it tied up, it's a safe bet as long as you're willing to use eBay. Someone will pay a pretty penny for all those exclusives far beyond what you pay. When I heard Dark Souls severely disappointed, I sold mine online for $30 more than I paid in total for just the core box. I still await all the expansions to ship to me and sell all those for probably another decently large amount to add onto the $30 I already made.

I do hope it turns out well and am genuinely interested having gone through the rules and watched what I could of gameplay, but that backup plan makes me not worried at all.

Now prepare to be flooded with people triggered by buzzwords.
>>
>>53676020
>$100 pledge
Think of all the tacos you could eat with that
>>
>>53676020
You missed nothing by not backing Scythe. The game has some visual appeal but mechanics are sub-par.
Besides Rising Sun is really just weeb Bloodrage rehash. And Bloodrage wasn't all that great.
>>
>>53675212
Small world next, easy normie bait. Then something like 1775 or 878 or the canadian one so they learn cdg mechanics. then you just straight up whip out empire of the sun one day and blow their tits off
>>
Do you guys buy new components for your games or upgrade what it came with? For example, I'm wanting to buy plastic gems and some metal coins (once I can find them) for splendor
>>
>>53679007
I've spent more than a little on metal coins for generic use, and acrylic tokens for netrunner.
I don't really need games to be fancy, but there's certainly something to be said for a more tactile experience.
>>
How replayable is pandemic without expansions? Does it get boring?
>>
>>53680256
Where did you buy your metal coins? I'm trying to find some generic ones instead of them having pirate decor all over them
>>
>>53680974
Fantasycoin.com
I think they also have a set of coins and metal gems specifically for splendor.
>>
>>53681153
>Metal gems
Glass is a metal, right?
>>
Inis or Kemet?
>>
>>53681169
Silicon is a metalloid on the periodic table, seems a stretch, but fair.
>>
>>53680964

I can't say about the Pandemic expansions, but I know I would rather play Flash Point than base Pandemic. Then again, I have a few expansions for Flash Point.
>>
>>53681736
>>53680964
Having done some research I have avoided buying Pandemic until / unless I get a deal that includes at least one expansion. As for variants like Iberia and Cthulhu, they seem pretty weak thematically and bring nothing particularly new. I will not comment on (((Legacy))).

Flashpoint seems like a good game but it's not a priority.
>>
>>53682386
yeah I was gonna get the first expansion but it's out of print atm and twice the price, and the second expansion requires the first
>>
>>53680974
Go full diy and mint your own coins.
>>
Has anyone here played Conan? It sounds super good but the price is not something I want to gamble on.
>>
>>53671121

I've played it a few times. Sometimes really hated it, sometimes really enjoyed it.

I found it vastly depended on the people I played it with. People who take it as fun and know that you didn't *choose* to be against them and the like are good people to play this game with.
>>
>>53681176
Inis without a doubt. So fast, every decision is important which includes your opponents
>>
>>53684465
A massive amount of content was kickstarter exclusive so you can't even play the entire game. That alone makes it not worth it to me
>>
File: Dank Souls.png (1MB, 1374x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Dank Souls.png
1MB, 1374x1102px
IA's mechanics are based in Descent: Journeys in the Dark 2nd Ed. Both are good in their own ways, but I find IA to be a little more mechanically clean. Descent has a companion app so you CAN play fully co-op if you like, and an app for Imperial Assault is on the way, release date unknown.

Gloomhaven is almost an RPG in a box, while staying grounded in Dungeon Crawling. Have yet to play personally but it looks pretty epic (and costs pretty epic $$$ too). "Massive Darkness" seems to play the Dungeon Crawler much closer to home, although i know even less about that Kickstarted game.

The Dark Souls Board game certainly is popular, but from what I can tell, its even more grind-y than its source material: you keep fighting through the same rooms so you can have enough souls (XP) just to use the items you've already acquired. Doesn't sound pleasant, but I haven't played.

Mansions of Madness is almost the rougelike of dungeon crawlers. Its more pick-up-and-play than IA, each scenario being self contained and only a few hours to go through. More exploration and less combat than the others listed here, and i'd say the difficulty on anything besides the first mission is going to require multiple attempts. At the same time, if you like the setting, its a very solid game. 2nd Edition comes with a companion App standard, so its fully co-op.

Hope that helps!
>>
>>53687811
Is Descent better with the app playing the Overlord? Is anything necessary to use it or can it be used with the original game only? I'd like to actually get the game on my table. I spent quite a bit of money on it and so far, it brought me nothing (and the box somehow ended up being damaged with a corner ripped so I can't sell it)
>>
>>53672601
>One of our players also flicked through the Traitor's Tome and found a line saying "You're fired." Either it's a lame haunt where you are employees of some boss, maybe a demon boss, or Donald Trump. If it's the latter, I would BEG people not to buy the expansion on principle of the haunt being lame, unfitting, and dated and probably political crap.

It is a political joke

The haunt is called "Make America Disintegrate" or some such.
>>
>>53687940
Whelp
>>
File: fiveguys.jpg (383KB, 1251x906px) Image search: [Google]
fiveguys.jpg
383KB, 1251x906px
I might be blind, but I didn't see "you're fired" in this one. Could there be TWO haunts that reference him in this shitty expansion?
>>
File: 63574567345.jpg (27KB, 439x284px) Image search: [Google]
63574567345.jpg
27KB, 439x284px
Show us your backed Kickstarter projects
>>
Craigslist seller 1.5 hours away selling

Elasund: The First City -- $25
Martinique -- $10
Augsburg 1520 -- $25
Monuments: Wonders of Antiquity -- $20
Age of Discovery -- $12

Any worth going out of my way?
>>
>>53664247
7 Wonders Duel
>>
>>53688200
Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
File: cones2.jpg (103KB, 835x409px) Image search: [Google]
cones2.jpg
103KB, 835x409px
Does it exist, is there a coherent set of rules anywhere...
>>
>>53689697
Mayfair or Mayday put together a kickstarter for it which was basically a complete fucking scam, proceeded to whine about how everyone was on their case for it and it really was a super serious project guize and then acted completely surprised and hard-done-by when it fell through.
>>
>>53689738
Yes, but has another tried to walk in the footsteps of the architect. Someone who isnt pushing out a 500$ scam
>>
>>53688040
How fuck that was awful. Why can't people keep their shitty agendas out of games?
>>
>>53690215
*Holy
>>
>>53670138
>if I haven't already gone all-out on Mythic Battles: Pantheon.
Goddamn retard falling for plastic pusher games, MB:P is going to be terrible
>>
File: 1490514258928.jpg (13KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1490514258928.jpg
13KB, 225x224px
>>53675927
You're not alone, anon
>>
>>53673665
Every game can be represented as a weighted graph
>>
>>53687811
That massive darks looks awesome I love the way zombicide: Black Plague plays so this will b perfect more fantasy and less zombie thnx for the info anon can't wait to b able to buy this.

And I enjoy descent with the app makes solo and coop play really fun.

Been looking into like an Arcadia game myself but not sure on the pvp or not
>>
>>53671121
It's "set up the board game: the board game" and there's no way to make it good without so much effort you'd be better served designing your own game. You'd either need to figure out good balanced haunt scenarios and just start them there, or figure out some way to pre-assign the traitor and the haunt, and give the other players a way to try and figure out who the traitor is and what the haunt is while letting the traitor secretly work to make the haunt go better for them.
>>
>>53689794
Honestly, what decent game designer would waste time and effort trying to recreate a game out of some "we're mocking gamers" bullshit that isn't anything other than a lame cash grab?
>>
>>53691536
The illusion it gave of complexity and balance would be the draw but it will never happen because it is fiction and as you said a cash grab.
>>
>>53690215
If you ask Zoe Queen to make your shit, you're asking for it.
I wonder who was the idiot in charge who thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>53690564
Yes, and?
>>
>>53657149
When I played as a single unkindled it was a somewhat frustrating game. I was able to make my way through the encounters with some planning, but it took me about 20 souls spent on drawing equipment to finally find something that worked for the character I was using. And solo you get 2 souls per encounter.

The souls they give you at the beginning to draw equipment doesn't seems like enough since ~3/4's of the equipment you draw is literally worthless to you since it doesn't fit into the stats you can use.

I would think solo running multiple characters would be much more fun than running a single dude since when you draw an equipment it'll almost always be useful to you.
>>
>>53657547
Boardgame apps I've played and enjoy and would recommend:
Onirim
Carcassone
Galaxy Trucker
Neuroshima Hex
Small World 2
>>
File: kickstartmyheart.jpg (18KB, 639x113px) Image search: [Google]
kickstartmyheart.jpg
18KB, 639x113px
>>53688200
>>
I'm trying to introduce my group to some heavier games. But the strongest resistance, comes from the fact that most of euros look pretty ugly. Castles of Burgundy is flimsy and mostly brown, same with Caverna, Agricola, and that style of games. They want cool components, colorful/cute/quirky arstyles and souch. Think Smallworld, Sushi Go, MtG, etc. Bunch of plebs, I know.
Is there maybe any Euro-complexity game with Ameritrash-quality components?
>>
>>53694332
Archipelago might fit your bill. Check it out.
>>
>>53694332
>Euro-complexity game with Ameritrash-quality components
Scythe has been carried to fame almost exactly by this, but yeah, Archipelago is also a great recommendation.
>>
File: cancer list.png (232KB, 1067x2174px) Image search: [Google]
cancer list.png
232KB, 1067x2174px
>>53688200
Might as well waggle this again.

I've been debating on backing AEGIS and Sine Tempore
>>
I don't get it. How do you play Nomic?
>>
>>53694332
Tokaido? Takenoko?
>>
>>53694441
How does a person pay more than 1100 dollars for a single board game? wtf does the game suck your dick and print money?
>>
>>53694510
You use text chat
>>
>>53694561
>How does a person pay more than 1100 dollars for a single board game?
Cause I wanted to.

Also if you're gonna rib me for putting $1k into KDM (a game that exists in its core state and is complete), you should meet my friend who has put over $3k into Star Citizen (A video game that has no definite release date yet).
>>
>>53694759
And also will never be finished. $1k for a board game is still a bit much though. The most I've ever put into a kickstarter was $135 for Unknown Realms, which is basically a labor of love for cRPGs on the C64. Although after the backerkit addons come out, I'll have over $210 for DCC Lankhmar.
>>
>>53694332
Find a group that isn't a pack of mongoloid retards.
>>
>>53694932
Yes 1k is definitely too much for a single board game, but as evidence by many of my other kickstarter choices (including two wargames, a miniature based sports game, and a giant bucket of non-game related miniatures) I have an incredible boner for good quality plastic.

That's not to say I'll buy anything and everything with minis in it, since I skipped the fuck out of Pantheon since it seemed like a game I wouldn't like, but I love me some good models.
>>
>>53694441
I know ppl give you shit but thnk u for backing such an awesome game! I can't wait to be able to buy my copy since I missed the ks.

I like the monster hunter vibe and the civilization building is a cool element
>>
>>53687903
Yes it is and yes you can. The did wonders to revive the game in my group.
You don't need anything more than the base game but having more expansion should enhance your game. I don't know, though, I only play with the base set too
>>
>Cave Evil
>Claustrophobia
>Drakon
>Dungeon Crawler
>DungeonQuest
>Gloomhaven
>Kingdom Death: Monster
>One Deck Dungeon
>Super Dungeon Explore
>Vast: The Crystal Caverns

I've constantly heard nothing but good things about each and every single one of these. How good are these actually?
>>
>>53694441
more money than sense.jpg
>>
>>53697606
I love this phrase. It implies (or at least people take it as implying) a lack of sense, but really what it is is an abundance of money.

The amount of 'sense' you can have is more finite than the amount of money you can have. If someone with 5k in the bank and someone with 100k in the bank have the same amount of 'sense' then the person with more money will have less 'sense per money'.

Of course you could say that the phrase is more about an inability to judge the worth of an item, but if you have enough money to buy everything they KNOW is good, then risking some on something that might be GREAT could be considered 'sensible'.

Also designer products lol
>>
>>53696035
Only ones I've played:
>>Claustrophobia
It's a great game if you don't mind fighting the same enemies each time you play.
>>Gloomhaven
Gets deeper and more interesting the longer you play it. A fascinating and fun in-between on a RPG like Dungeon and Dragons and a dungeon crawl like Descent.
>>Kingdom Death: Monster
The 'game' component of it is fun and intriguing with lots of things to customize, control, and optimize. It is also very unfair and unforgiving, but the 'experience' and 'story' of it is second to none from my time with it.
>>Super Dungeon Explore
I'm more of a 6/10 on this right now. Does the Gauntlet/Diablo style horde slayer with a boss at the end but feels like a slog after an hour of constantly chucking dice for each little lizard you club to death. Depending on monster/hero picks can be MASSIVELY slighted to the advantage of one team over the other.
>>
>>53694332
>They want cool components, colorful/cute/quirky arstyles and such.

holy shit anon your friends are ple-

>Bunch of plebs, I know.

Oh. Well thank fuck you can see that at least.
>>
>>53694441
>Gloomhaven, KDM, SDE
Can I come over to your place?
>>
>>53696035
Gloomhaven holds up pretty dang well, though being top 5 this early on is probably a case of hype too early on. It doesn't have the style points that KD:M gives you and doesn't leave you with a detailed story of how you slayed the monster, but they also don't rely on dice chucks nearly as much and feels much more strategic and involved. Plus it doesn't cost 3 arms and 4 legs to buy which is only worth it if you're a serious model enthusiast. KDM is a good game, but play it on TTS or something.

I don't even know why I'm bothering though, you can't really get either of those games outside of kickstarter without paying even more for them, can you?
>>
>>53698154
Once the core sets from Kickstarter ship, there will be some to buy on their website.
>>
>>53680964
Got a decent amount of play from base Pandemic, and it's the kind of game that suggests homebrew expansion anyway.
On the Brink is a fucking amazing expansion, and despite it getting a play or two every week for about six months we didn't get tired of it. We only stopped because the 30-60 min runtime didn't fit with our schedule and urge to play BSG or an RPG in the time available.
>>
>>53697817
Precisely, but there's also the case where money is of such low concern to people, that they can be misled to believe that something of average quality is actually good because it has a high price tag, so it really must be good and worth buying.
Someone with a tighter budget is more likely to actually get some information before spending.
>>
>>53694145
Calm down anon! You're gonna go broke at the rate you're going. Fuck.
>>
>>53696035
>Kingdom Death: Monster
Amazing. There's a reason it keeps its own general. The gameplay is solid and innovative, the replay value is nearly infinite, and the experience is really one of a kind. It's a rare game where the rulebook is a fucking joy, but Kingdom Death's rulebook is a high quality gallery of darkly beautiful horror illustrations in quite a few styles *and* a fascinating trip into an alien and nightmarish world with some of its very text.

And the production values are great. You really do get $400 in the components alone: high quality cards, that damn rulebook, and some really great HIPS minis.

>Vast
This one is a solid 8/10 for me... so far. I only got it off the reprint Kickstarter so I haven't gotten that many plays in, and my feelings on this could go up or down. On one hand, it's certainly a good game, I've had fun every time. And it's absolutely a unique game; as far as I know nobody's done a thing even close to the total asymmetry you see here. But it does have some downsides. For the weight of game that's actually there, it has a crapton of text on the player mats and reminder sheets and a mile-long rulebook to get to know. And it's hard to teach because it's pretty much 5 games that are intersecting and messing with each other given how different the individual roles are.

This is actually an interesting contrast for me with Kingdom Death: of the two games, KDM is far and away the deeper and more complex (there would be serious problems otherwise; one is a fairly standard boardgame the other is a $400 campaign), but it opens itself to new players really, really well with the Prologue/First Story lion fight and setup. I think I actually had to do more reading to get Vast set up and going than I did KDM, because KDM has the luxury of getting all its insane complexity onto the field slowly, over multiple sessions worth of material where as Vast doesn't really have a choice but to front-load it.

Really, I'd recommend both.
>>
>>53694332
Argent: The Consortium, though it is currently OOP

>>53696035
I'll pick out the ones I own

>Cave Evil
fucking brilliant Ameritrash masterpiece, conveys a mash of 4X and hex-and-counter wargaming but it is ultimately its own beast, _really_ needs to be experienced by more people. player elimination in multiplayer can be an issue if eliminated players aren't engaged in seeing how the game ends. there is a module on Tabletop Simulator and the rulebook is easily available on their web site

>Drakon
eh, it's good for playing with casuals but I feel it can drag on for too much at times. I like that the box is relatively small but it could have been packaged in a smaller box

>DungeonQuest
personally I love it because the push-your-luck mechanic shines brilliantly, complaints about it being little more than an interactive movie from Eurofags are valid but I'd rather wonder around aimlessly in DQ than a piece of shit game like Betrayal, it never feels like it overstays its welcome for me
>>
>>53674837
My group plays Eldritch on a regular basis, and Mysterium is a great game to relax with. The art's wonderful, and we can bring in other people since it's really simple.

I wholly recommend it, but not everyone likes playing the ghost several times in a row. It can be a little frustrating when your friends don't see the obvious connections in the cards you give them. It's a very chill game with nothing actively antagonizing the players so it's good for comfy days.
>>
got to play a 2P game of An Infamous Traffic last night to get a better grasp of the mechanics after doing a solo 3P test run a few days ago. every action that you can do is becoming more apparent to me with why they're relevant and it's brilliance is waiting to shine properly. really looking forward to hopefully slogging out a few 4P games at some point on this long weekend

extremely abstract in its presentation and difficult to explain upfront so it's definitely not for everyone, but if you appreciate games like Pax Pamir then you should definitely jump onto it. price for printed copy will definitely put off some people, but I really like supporting smaller publishers so I'm happy to pay that premium
>>
Is Police Precinct and/or Escape: Curse of the Temple worth it?

Alternatives?
>>
>>53699597
>kingdom death:monster
>sold out world wide

fuck, looks like I missed the fucking boat.
>>
>>53702846
>Police Precinct
It's ok, depends how much your group enjoys co-ops if it's worth it. Any co-op would be an alternative; I'm partial to Flash Point (because it's modules can be added/removed to tune difficulty, also lots of expansions) but Ghost Stories is also very good; albeit crazy hard and very mean.

>Escape
Very stressful for some gamers to fight against the clock; they'll play once and never again. Worth it if you'll play it more than once, because you can always con new people into giving up 10 minutes of their time. Alternative is Magic Maze, there's videos out on it, game is played silently with everyone working a role/action instead of a single character. Space Alert is also good, but different feel for a timed game.
>>
What's a good price for Chaos in the Old World?
>>
>>53703644
Secondary market? Since last summer looks to be around $90
>boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/pricehistory/thing/43111
>>
>>53696035
Got one deck dungeon in the mail yesterday and played through two "campaign" games. I lucked out in the first one and picked up one of the best skills in the game early in the first floor, and was able to beat the "easy" dungeon without too much difficulty. My second attempt ended early in the second floor of a "medium" dungeon, since I had not bothered with the "run" action in the last game and did not even consider it. Pretty fun, most of the strategy in the game is choosing how to assign the loot (xp, skill or extra die) and when to run away. Also when to use the heroic skills, which usually give you bonus die. Based on the way the deck churns and the different dungeons and heroes, I'd say there's a fair amount of replayability. I got it for $18 off amazon, seems worth the price in terms of gameplay and components.
>>
>>53702846
In terms of real time coop games - love Fuse, bought it immediately after my first game. Flatline looks awesome, but I'll probably wait a while before I get it. Escape zombie city was on sale for $13 recently, and I bought it. Planning on playing it for the first time this weekend. Magic maze looks interesting, my friend said it was great and seems right up my alley, even though you can't communicate.
>>
Does anybody know about "Unknown"? I played it once and had fun. We played an objective that involved setting up outposts away from the base. We ended up winning since the outposts need to be set up a certain distance away from each other and the base, but they don't go away if they suddenly get close to each other because of path connections.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/156482/unknown

>>53693257
You mean the poor sod that was pressured into letting in thought-gunking snobs into making stupid shit. Frankly I don't blame them for not knowing better and for having to deal with such pious assholes.
>>
>>53704249
Thanks for the review. I'll have to check it out more, but it may end up on my wish list.
>>
>>53703121
You didn't miss shit except another plastics pusher.
>>
>>53690286
Nah MB is actually a pretty cool and well designed skirmish game using awesome minis.
>>
>>53705811
> awesome minis
Adults who play with kiddie toys will be first against the wall in the coming race war.
>>
>>53706343
Exactly. Just look at the mentality of 40k players.
>>
>where doom awaits should come today
Happy happy happy
>>
>>53706343
>>53706384

Said the anons posting on /tg/.
>>
File: savage planet.png (610KB, 680x665px) Image search: [Google]
savage planet.png
610KB, 680x665px
Any thoughts or opinions on this? I like the art style a lot but am not sure about the gameplay. Is it like Dominion? Seems like it to me.
>>
>>53707225
In most of the world 'traditional gaming' is chess or backgammon. Only in your hellish warped-mirror universe does it mean "obese foreveralones playing with waifu dolls".
>>
>>53707329
Chess uses abstract plastic minis you cuck.
>>
>>53703121
The reprint KS hasn't been fulfilled yet, there should be quite a few more copies come late summer/fall.
>>
>>53707353
Are you high? Chess isn't action figures with tits 'n ass, unlike KD:M.
>>
File: il_570xN.1144952208_o1j8.jpg (50KB, 570x427px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1144952208_o1j8.jpg
50KB, 570x427px
>>53707861
Speak for your own chess set.
>>
File: 1423988095134.gif (574KB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
1423988095134.gif
574KB, 322x322px
>>53706343
>>53707329
> Troll, Troll, Troll the board....

You forgot (check one): "If you like Eurogames [ ], Ameritrash [ ], Deckbuilders [ ], 'Games with Dice [ ], War Games [ ], Kick Starter Games [ ], - then you're having bad-wrong-fun!"
>>
>>53707178
Jelly! My copy of 'A Handful of Stars' probably won't be here until July...
>>
Do you like Shadows Over Camelot?
>>
>>53708103
Its alright? It's probably the meatiest game that the casual side of my family regularly requests.
>>
>>53708066
> defending the manchild culture
Kill urself.
>>
File: quality post.jpg (42KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
quality post.jpg
42KB, 500x286px
>>53708178
>>53708066
>>53707861
>>53707225
>>53706343
>>53705750
I sometimes forget this is still 4chan
>>
Any tips for a first Descent run?
Most of the guys are super casual and only the theme pulls them in, any tips on how to make the first run fun so they keep coming for more?

I am afraid that if the first run fucks up and barely moves they wont want to keep playing.

Also App or human Overlord?
>>
>>53709503
Human Overlord is much more entertaining if someone is into playing it.

It is very important they want to play it though, so if one of your friends wants to roleplay as the BBEG I reccomend it
>>
>>53708066
Why would anyone say that about Euro games? It's the one thing on that list that's guaranteed to be an actual game.
>>
Inspired by but not really a reply to >>53709503, fuck app-requiring games in the face with a rusty spork until dead. If I wanted my games reliant on technological ephemera, I'd play a goddamned video game.
>>
>>53710181
"Enjoy your boring, samey, deterministic, non-confrontational solitaire, faggot. The real men are going to be playing *real* games with actual fucking players, games that let us destroy our enemies rather than sitting around durdling with shitty-ass bricks."

In other words, to shitpost.
>>
>>53710256
That's objectively wrong and retarded. Euro games let you destroy your enemies, they're very confrontational. The difference is that euro games feature negative-sum combat, whereas ameritrash is built around simplistic no-brainer zero-sum decisions.

Negative-sum choices are objectively more interesting and objectively provide more game depth, at the cost of requiring you actually to exercise that brain muscle. (Admittedly Americans don't ever want to exercise *any* muscles, not even the purely mental ones.)
>>
>>53711255
Especially not the mental ones.
>>
>>53711255
Can you explain to a retard like me the difference between negative sum and zero sum?
>>
>>53712044
Zero-sum means loss for your opponent is an equal-sized gain for you.

Negative-sum means conflict is a potential loss for both parties. (But possibly in unequal measure.)
>>
>>53712324
In other words, >>53711255 doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about.
>>
>>53664381
Is there a wargame version of this?
>>
>>53656725
Playing the shit out of this recently, feels good man. Tommy Muldoon 4 lyfe
>>
So, they are making a D&D version of "Betrayal at House on the Hill" called "Betrayal at Baldur's Gate".
Think they'll improve the game while at it, or is it just a themed cash grab?
>>
>>53712881
Probably a themed cash grab, sad to say.
>>
>>53712881
Absolute cash grab. Baldur's Gate is the single most popular D&D vidya franchise, they're trying to get an already established fanbase to cough up nostalgia bucks.
>>
>>53712785
I'm pretty sure that even the lightest wargames would be "Only after..." category, and most recommendations I've heard for wargaming are "Have a general idea of tabletop gaming, then dive headfirst into whatever seems to hold interest" because Wargames, to really get into them, need to generate the passion for Your Dudes that runs between games not just good experiences in game.
>>
>>53712785
Not yet, I'm working on a group version for table sizes 3-6, and then might do the schadenfreude chart for recommended games to enjoy fucking over your friends. Kitchen renovation, work, and family have slowed up getting either done though. Plus I was just given a fresh sheet of blue canvas and told "go start on another map, it keeps you in a better mood when there's a gaming project that's easy"
>>
>>53710186
Honestly you don't need the app it's just chill that when I'm stuck at home alone I can still get a dungeon crawl in on my own, fuck you, you friend having piece of shit
>>
File: hand of fate.jpg (866KB, 680x2450px) Image search: [Google]
hand of fate.jpg
866KB, 680x2450px
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chaoticpattern/hand-of-fate-ordeals/description

Just found out about this. Thoughts? Opinions? Anyone who backed this? I think it looks cool but so far I just scrolled a bit up and down the KS page.
>>
>>53712881
As long as they don't hire morons to write their scenarios (especially in Widow's Walk) and actually improve the game's balance and fun I might consider pooling in money in my group to buy it. I'll probably play it either way even if I advise against purchasing.
>>
File: 1493192967082.jpg (104KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493192967082.jpg
104KB, 270x400px
Does a game turn you off because it's long? How long do you like your games to run? Is there a game that you want to say is a great game but you can't play it because people don't have the time?
>>
>>53713167
>you don't need the app
Then we're cool. I'm only salty when they remove the option to play WITHOUT an app.
>>
>>53713404
I can't play anything over 4 hours long because my players will be shitfaced drunk by then.
>>
>>53713236
I'd be more interested if Hand of Fate (the computer game) wasn't a PoS by devs who didn't care. When I first looked into it, I thought "This looks like it would make a good tabletop game" but the more I looked my opinion changed to "They made a bad video game out of a decent concept and I give no more shits"
>>
>>53713404
I enjoy long games, but it's very hard to ask my group to focus for some 3+ hours on anything, and to schedule enough time for such a thing.
>>
>>53713404
>Does a game turn you off because it's long?
I play TI3 and Kingdom Death. There is no game length that can drive me away from a sufficiently good game. (Though if it's much longer than TI3 there NEEDS to be a way to 'save' -- breaking the game down to pick up later)

>How long do you like your games to run?
Depends on the experience of the game. I enjoy light games that can run half an hour or less like Tsuro or King of Tokyo, all the way up to 6/8 hour titans. In general, though, I feel like 1-2 hours is a respectful time for most games. I get a meaningful experience but it doesn't overstay its welcome

>Is there a game that you want to say is a great game but you can't play it because people don't have the time?
I'll admit, anything that can't fit into a 3 hour sitting (and ideally into a 2 hour sitting if everybody is focused and playing quick) has serious problems getting from the shelf to the table, but as I said I play TI3, if not as often as I like at least often enough, so nothing is truly DOA from a long timer. I will say that long games are harder to teach, though, which limits them further and I'm often tempted to teach with open hands and full understanding that this example game will not be finished.
>>
>>53712616
4chan is an 18+ site. You need to log off and finish your homework, son.
>>
>>53713450
Ah I didn't know anything like that existed but I'd be salty too if they required the app. But I hav to say the app is cumfy when playing solo
>>
>>53707234
>mix between Dominion and MtG
>Heavy Metal comic book fantasy art style

Backed it thanks for the tip.
>>
>>53713623
Go ahead then and regale me with an explaination of how combat in TI3 is a zero sum game.
>>
>>53713732
Yeah. Mansions of Madness 2e and X-Com the board game are probably the biggest names that are (as far as I know; someone may have worked out a hack of some sort) "App or GTFO" and it's a trend I wish would die before it gains any traction. Honestly more power to games with "App OR GM" setups, that does sound comfy.
>>
>>53713891
I love how people wish death to "trends" and yet these trends are only ever like 3 out of every 100 games a year. And really? Xcom might get a little more public attention because of the name but Alchemists I'm pretty sure is the app game people actually play.

Apps in these games do things you can't properly substitute with physical components very well and that's fine. There's plenty of other games if you're unable to obtain a phone to run an app. Your lack of equipment does not mean the game needs to burn in hell and never exist.
>>
>>53713824
I'm not that faggot who thinks anyone who disagrees with him must be underage, but here's what at least some folks see: When you combat in TI3, the attacker takes some planets from the defender. There are still the same planets owned in the game, so "it's zero sum"

What they fail to understand is that the slain troops will exist, and likely be inequal, and those represent spent resources of value. Not only that, but the command counter and fleet positioning invokes fairly huge opportunity costs. And any cards that were burned, for that matter. And it totally discounts the possibility of the defender winning.

Something like Kemet is even simpler. Yeah, a victorious attacker takes the space and everything it's worth from the defender. But troops die on both sides, which (for the most part) cost to bring back into being, both in your primary resource and your goddamn actions. It's hard to say that the sum of combat there was actually zero.

Honestly the only game I can think of with true zero-sum "conflict" is Othello, where it is, you might say, THE ENTIRE GODDAMN POINT.
>>
Between Feast for Odin/ Agricola / Agricola 2016 / Caverna / Le Havre / At the gates of loyang , which one has the most replay value?
>>
Could chess be improved with dice combat?
>>
>>53714570
No
>>
>>53694332
Game of Thrones
>>
Could chess be improved with negative sum combat?
>>
>>53714570
>>53714720
Could chess be improved with shitposting?
>>
>>53714748
Only in the Aussie tournaments.
>>
>>53714748
>>53714720
>>53714570
Could chess be improved with highly detailed plastic minis?
>>
>>53714819
See >>53708014
>>
>>53714819
possibly. I know I like fancy sets better than magnetized travel sets
>>
>>53714784
Did you like Battle Chess as a kid? From Australia now comes Banter Chess, where even if you lose you can win if you roast your opponent enough.

>Knights replaced with kangaroos
>>
>>53714819
Could chess be improved by turning chess into not chess?
>>
>>53714864
Could chess be improved by using a hex grid, modular terrain and WW1 trench warfare?
>>
>>53656725
I adore this game, but I can never win.
>>
File: HC35.jpg (520KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
HC35.jpg
520KB, 1024x768px
>>53714930
Maybe
>>
>>53714972
Not gonna lie, that looks interesting as fuck
>>
Is Arkham Horror LCG good as an adventure game?
>>
>>53714930
>WW1 trench warfare
No, either late Civil War version of entrenched combat or WWII with armor assaults and aerial bombardment would be the only way to improve chess.
>>
File: pic1842494_lg.jpg (290KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pic1842494_lg.jpg
290KB, 1024x768px
>>53714720
>>53714819

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/loka-the-world-of-fantasy-chess
>>
>>53713486

Why do you dislike the video game? I thought it was pretty fun take on digital deckbuilding.
>>
>>53715071
Yes. Be prepared to bleed your wallet, though.
>>
>>53656354
Happiness is getting an update with the rules for the Empires of the Void II game I backed on KS. :)
>>
I need help remembering this board game I played way back in Japan. Though it was a Japanese game, it was in both English and Japanese. Here's what I remember:

The game started with each player taking different set of equipment cards. Helmet, Sword, Torch, stuff like that. Each card gave bonuses like extra damage or hp, but would be consumed. Some insta-killed certain monsters.

Now this is where my memory gets hazey. I recall each player going through a deck of "monsters", using their equipment to hopefully make it through in one piece. I think other players create the deck using monster cards of their own, with the idea of screwing over the rest by giving them monsters they don't have proper items for.

Last thing, I remember each card had a numerical value with some duplicated. Demon was 4 or 5 I think, and was an instakill monster with a certain item. I THINK all the cards were black with white drawings on them. Very minimalistic. All in all the entire game was just a deck of cards.
>>
>>53718230
I got Lisboa coming in in late July/mid Aug, so stoked.
>>
File: pic2255660.jpg (1MB, 1089x794px) Image search: [Google]
pic2255660.jpg
1MB, 1089x794px
What is the point of board games like Arkwright, Vinhos, and De Vulgari Eloquentia when there are much more interesting euros out there like Trickerion, Lords of Waterdeep, and Dungeon Petz?
>>
>>53719816
Japanese-themed? Did you hold cards in a hand?
>>
>>53719987
Wasn't Japanese themed, but I did feel like it was Dragon-Quest inspired.

I forgot if you held the cards in your hand. I think you had so few that there was no real point to always keeping them up like that.

I'm fairly certain I won one round because I had the demon-killer item and was somehow certain another player would face a demon.

OH AND ONE MORE THING. I recall that a losing player wasn't necessarily a good thing, but I don't remember why. You wanted to win, but not dominate.
>>
File: 71SNyw0EhoL._SL1500_.jpg (178KB, 1500x1208px) Image search: [Google]
71SNyw0EhoL._SL1500_.jpg
178KB, 1500x1208px
>>53719987
I found it. "Dungeon of Mandom"

https://www.amazon.com/Card-game-Dungeon-of-Mandom/dp/B00H3BPWC0

But jeez, those prices.
>>
>>53720351
That's now called Welcome To the Dungeon
>>
>>53720604
Looks like there's also a Dungeon of Mandom VIII. I'd much rather get that somehow. That's probably why the original isn't sold anymore, since this is a flat out expansion
>>
>>53719969
Lords of Waterdeep sucks, though.
>>
>>53664247
The Duke, Onitama, Patchwork, Twilight Struggle.
>>
>>53674837
It's fun if you're on your ghost's wavelength,
>hey what does this picture have to do with the swimming pool, they don't have any symbols in common
>eyefeel, dude
And it was the pool.
>>
>>53720651
Still more interesting than making wine
>>
>>53721012
>theme>gameplay
yeah, no.
>>
File: eh.png (193KB, 951x823px) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
193KB, 951x823px
>>53688200
Probably selling KDM piecemeal to a friend who's super into it but didn't back it for lack of faith.
>>
>>53694441
>$60 for mighty no 9
>>
>>53711255
Not true. CitOW is objectively a bergerspiel and part of the asymmetry is that three factions tend towards negative sum combat and the fourth tends towards positive sum combat.
Also, you're an idiot because negative sum combat has to be done implemented perfectly or the game devolves into a "kingmaker or soltaire" scenario, whereas imperfectly implemented zero-sum combat simply becomes another method of accruing value.
>>
>>53721028
I agree with anon above that theme can be an important component of a game's entertainment value, but I disagree about LoW's theme being better than viticulture.
>>
>>53721190
No wait I thought about it and my second line is wrong, we're both half-idiots.
>>
>>53721081
Yup, and notice how I didn't back any other video games after that.
>>
>>53719816
Sounds like Welcome to the Dungeon
>>
Really struggling between purchasing Raiders of the North Sea, Kemet, or Mechs v Minions.

Which will give me more plays?
>>
File: 20170610_014741.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_014741.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>53688200
I also late pledged Massive darkness and GKR:Heavyhitters

And Yes Im to lazy to screen cap my computer
>>
File: PDW8pq3.jpg (160KB, 1844x1210px) Image search: [Google]
PDW8pq3.jpg
160KB, 1844x1210px
>>53711255
>opinions are objective
>americunts are so stupid lol

I like euros, but you're a cunt mate
>>
>>53715071
Probably the best adventure game in an rpg sense that exists (if youre willing to down $15 a month for the campaigns)
>>
>>53721223
All theme and bad gameplay gives you Cryptozoic.
All gameplay and no theme gives you Reiner Knizia.
>>
>>53724452
>All theme and bad gameplay gives you Cryptozoic.
The gameplay doesn't represent the theme at all. I'd say all theme and no gameplay is closer to EH, which I do enjoy.
>>
>>5371431 halp
>>
Rex today?
Rex today.

Anyone else getting in something good?
>>
>>53712881
Without a doubt it's a cash grab
>>
>>53725857
Tomorrow is 'board games' day - but I'm not sure how many players I'll have. Personally I want to get in another game of 'The Arrival' but won't object to 7 Wonders, Murder: Deception in Hong Kong, Citadels, etc if we have a higher player count.
>>
>>53712881
How would one even vaguely go about 'balancing' the scenarios? As much as I like Betrayal for being a 'random funny story' generator - it isn't much of an RPG. I'm certainly not holding out any hope that Gate will be good.
>>
>>53656725
Played it a lot, but Arkham Horror just feels superior.
>>
>>53657149
Playing my first games with friends. First time we got some rules wrong and got slaughtered. Second time we had to stop early and with a dude we won't likely see again in months. A few days ago we started a new game, and paused when the miniboss killed us and we got back at the bonfire consuming our last spark. Tomorrow we'll continue.

I really like how combat works and I'm happy with the miniatures, tiles and other shit, but as I feared it doesn't seem to offer a great variety for its price. Still pretty happy about it.
>>
>>53725857
Are you following it up with a game of TI3, maintaining races throughout?
>>
File: betrayal.jpg (73KB, 570x428px) Image search: [Google]
betrayal.jpg
73KB, 570x428px
>>53726213
Have scaling stats based on the opposing side's total stats + total items. For example, pic related has 13 total stats.
Then you'd place more or less monster tokens depending on how powerful the group is on average. Sure it can lead to unbalanced scenarios, but it's not any worse than the current situation.
>>
File: 37456766.jpg (2MB, 3168x2546px) Image search: [Google]
37456766.jpg
2MB, 3168x2546px
Why are so many people still against Kickstarter? It's brought us so many great hits over the last couple of years.
>>
>>53664447
The grammar of some of the cards is ambiguous. If that was fixed, I think I'd enjoy it.
>>
File: averageaslplayer.jpg (13KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
averageaslplayer.jpg
13KB, 450x350px
>>53656354
Advanced Squad Leader
>>
>>53726400
For every great hit there's dozen disappointing failures, hell you even included two in your image.
>>
>>53726484
>you even included two in your image.
Which ones?
>>
https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/44259/publisher-diary-mysterium-or-whats-difference-betw

Why is the new edition ALWAYS worse?
>>
File: ASL Rules.jpg (198KB, 480x768px) Image search: [Google]
ASL Rules.jpg
198KB, 480x768px
>>53726422
I like ASL - but... Pic related.
>>
>>53688040
Jesus Christ the cringe of this thing. Somebody sure was butt blasted that Hillary got BTFO
>>
>>53694332

Yokohama looks gorgeous.
>>
>>53725857
>Rex
My friends wont play it with me...
Until we get 6 people together someone always has to whine and bitch about being to tired for a hard game...
And the one time I got them to agree and opened it up to teach them the rules, I realized it has been so long that I forgot some of them myself...
>>
>>53726317
God, I wish.
Replacing Lazax with L1Z1X, of course.
>>
>>53699597

Where is the KD:M General? Can someone link it? I can't find it in the catalog. Am I being a pleb?
>>
>>53726344
Also don't have any of the stat numbers lower than 1 because that makes most rolls unwinnable.

I wonder if a randomly-generated house with multiple possible scenarios could be put into single-player vidya format. If it was some sort of dungeon-crawler-like point-&-click it could have some replayability and not rely on dice bullshit.
>>
>>53727581
It comes and goes, Anon. At least until 1.5 gets the game in radically more hands it shows up when we get news or somebody wants to talk about the game, lasts for a few editions, and then isn't reincarnated because it didn't hit bump limit.

>>53726400
>MBP that hasn't even released yet
>No Vast

>>53727024
I'm pretty sure they had to finalize the game well before election results were in, so it's more likely spawned of the fact that our current president was a punch line on reality TV. Still all the fucking cringe though.
>>
>>53726400
Zombiecide, massive darkness and rising sun would be released even without KS.
>>
File: Laughing Human.jpg (10KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Human.jpg
10KB, 250x248px
>>53688040
>Traitors try to persuade you into joining their cause instead of fighting you
>Heroes fight back with violence
>unreliable narrator literally demonizes a presidential candidate just chilling out at an apparently haunted house for some reason

Was this intentional?

>>53726484
Which ones are the failures?
>>
File: kickstarter.jpg (291KB, 1166x670px) Image search: [Google]
kickstarter.jpg
291KB, 1166x670px
>>53726400
I know you're just trying to set people off, so here's some games I like that got kickstarted. I can't bring myself to hate it honestly. It funs bad things a lot as >>53726484 said but bad games are always going to out weigh the good 100 to 1. Do you realize how many boardgames get released a year?
>>
File: savage planet.jpg (925KB, 888x821px) Image search: [Google]
savage planet.jpg
925KB, 888x821px
You guys backing this?
>>
>>53728598
I'm pretty pro-Kickstarter myself. True, Sturgeon's law applies, and some things that get kickstarted turn out to be nothing more than smoke and mirrors, but there's something to be said for consumers being able to decide, out of innumerable pitches, which ones they want to see become reality. And we've gotten some pretty solid hits that would never have existed without crowdfunding in not even a decade of the platform existing, so I count it a win.
>>
>>53729584
The obviously bad Kickstarters are not what I'm worried about, because if they didn't bother with their first impression, aka the "cover of the book", then it usually implies that it's either a scam or a shit project. Few people fall for them.
The ones with good first impressions are the ones that worry me, because now it is plausible they may have something good to deliver on. They can turn out to be disappointments, though, and that is where faith can be eroded..
>>
>>53729743
This is true, but disappointment has always been the burden of early adopters. Consider going to a movie the week it came out *before* Rotten Tomatoes. You might have some evidence -- Siskel & Ebert (RIP) could have reviewed it, or maybe whatever chucklefuck runs the entertainment section in your local paper, if you trust their opinion. But largely you had to go on their trailers and advertisments: like a Kickstarter page, a pitch by the creators to make something look as good as possible. And if you went to the movies, sometimes you were disappointed. And for something like a game that didn't have established reviewers? You might have to judge a book by its cover.

For a while, between the rise of the Internet to prominence in our lives and the rise of crowdfunding, we've had unprecedented access to reviews and analysis, letting us better filter out the crap, especially the polished turds that might have otherwise suckered us in. But when you kickstart something, you are an early adopter again: earlier than ever, in fact, since Kickstarter sells you something that isn't even a finished product, might not even have a prototype of what is to be its final form.

It's bitter and unfortunate, but sometimes you're going to be disappointed. And I for one don't find that possibility to be sufficient to outweigh the good the platform has done.
>>
>>53729448
doesn't seem my style desu
>>
>>53729448
I like it's style and game, but I just bought some other card games and I still need to diversity my library. I'd like to keep my eye on it though, because it's style reaches straight for my heart.
>>
File: foteg.png (5MB, 1888x1888px) Image search: [Google]
foteg.png
5MB, 1888x1888px
Hype train time! What's coming down the pipeline (KS deliveries, traditional releases, whatever) that you're excited for?
>>
File: kill_me_baby_023_yasuna.png (175KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
kill_me_baby_023_yasuna.png
175KB, 512x512px
Man, the expansions for Pandemic sound lame.

They should release a Pandemic 2 with all the cool stuff from Pandemic Legacy.

Or, if they insist on milking Legacy instead: A different company should bootleg it with all the new features that are buried under Legacy right now, because I really like the base game, but I also want the cool mechanics from Legacy.
>>
>Tfw your teammate in Rex throws the game by accidentally throwing all his troops into the grinder on the critical battle.
We're probably going to win anyways.
>>
File: 1316269984538.jpg (23KB, 362x372px) Image search: [Google]
1316269984538.jpg
23KB, 362x372px
>>53733302
>We're probably going to win anyways.

MFW - That's some serious cheatin' right there! ;)
>>
>>53733302
Jealous as hell, I haven't gotten 6 people together in like a year
>>
I tried 13 Days: The Cuban Missile Crisis and Raptor. Both really good 2-player games.
13 Days is actually almost a perfect game.
>>
>Rex

Any good with three? Going to a board game cafe tomorrow and know they have it, but there will only be three of us. Which is good for learning new games since it bogs down a little less and then we'll have at least a little experience to help teach the rest of our group the ones we like.

Also Rex crash course?
>>
>>53656354
that image is facebook tier
>>
>>53736630
>but there will only be three of us. Which is good for learning new games
For Rex that's all that number's good for. Only works with even number players.
>>
>>53736630
Only works with six, do not attempt with three.
>>
>>53736630
Doesn't work at all with 3 IMO, too much space on the map and it will devolve into a 2v1.
6 players is how the game is meant to be played.
>>
>>53736896
It's fine at four, just not the best.
>>
>>53736946
Yeah, but then you should just play something designed for four.
>>
>>53733935
We didn't win.
Damn close though.
>>
Can anyone with the Dark Souls game tell me the base sizes? I ordered it and wanted to make some custom bases while I wait
>>
FOR FUCK'S SAKES IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING HARD YOU INSIPID MORONS

DECKBUILDING IS WHEN YOU BUILD A DECK _AND THEN_ YOU PLAY. CARD DRAFTING IS YOU BUILDING A DECK _WHILE_ YOU PLAY

GET IT RIGHT
>>
>>53738103
Incorrect.
Traditional deckbuilding involves creating a custom deck and playing.
Deckbuilding games are games where you build your deck while playing.
Drafting is a particular item selection mechanism where individuals take turns selecting items and removing those items from the pool others have to choose from.
>>
>>53738103
At best you're arguing semantics. There's deck building for card games and there's deck building games. In ANR or M:tG you pick the cards that go into your deck before a game - it is becoming more common to refer to these as 'preconstructed' decks or 'fixed' decks. These card games are typically defined by characteristics of the card distribution mechanics:

ECG = Expandible card game. Means there will be expansions consisting of the exact same cards, with no random insertions and/or rarity.

LCG = Living card game. Trademarked FFG bullshit codeword for an ECG. As above, but expansions will be released periodically and competitive gameplay will see tournament legal expansions phased out as new expansions are released. Metagame is supposed to evolve around the progressive phasing out of older sets.

CCG: Collectible card game = TCG: Trading card game. Randomly inserted cards in booster packs. Commons, Uncommons, Rares, Ultra-rares, Foils, etc.

Deck Building Game
n. a game featuring a mechanism where players each play from their own deck of cards but, through the course of the game, additional cards are selected for inclusion in the players' decks which will be drawn and used in future reshuffles of the deck. Often these games require players to discard their hand each turn forcing a high rate of card turnover. The founding father of this genre is Dominion with many examples following including Puzzle Strike, Nightfall, Core Worlds, Arctic Scavengers, and Thunderstone.
>>
>>53738562
And...

Card Drafting - a mechanic where players acquire cards by selecting them from a pool or subset of cards to form a deck or hand or to select the next card to play. Examples: Fairy Tale, 7 Wonders, Core Worlds, Arctic Scavengers, and Thunderstone.
>>
>>53732774
>tfw I found a game I wanted to fund on KS and now I've got like 6 games coming down the pipe that I'm waiting on but won't get for several months

Shit sucks, I don't know how I got hooked on KS. I guess it's fun seeing this shit pan out and taking the gamble on them being good. Dead Man's Doubloon's is the only one that's ended that I'm waiting on. Also put some money down for Hand of Fate: Ordeals, Rise of Tribes, Dome Crushers, and Savage Planet

Thinking about going in on Lords of Hellas also, but I'm not sure how I feel about the design direction
>>
what are some older digital board games?

i've been playing Realm Speak which is Magic Realm and an old palm pilot version of King of the Tabletop

the worse the ui the better
>>
>>53737289
Not if you're trying to learn Rex.
>>
>>53738645
Mixing Arctic Scavengers and Thunderstone (and I think Core Worlds?) in both Drafting and Deckbuilding isn't right I feel, since drafting usually involves picking off cards from a depleting pool. I know the first two are a subset of deckbuilding that uses a "fixed market" style of deckbuilding, while ones like the Realms series use a "randomized trade row" style.
>>
Guy who has been going through Seafall all the way through for the like last 4 months. We broke. Our whole group broke. At game 17, we couldn't take it anymore. We explored everything in the tombs, we had named and interrogated almost every adviser from the deck, we had everything on the board explored and every milestone done sept obviously the last ones. The thing that had to be done to trigger the end game was to re-interrogate all the advisors we already interrogated because the ones who held the unlock for the end game were all assholes who we investigated before the game told us we can investigate the backs of the cards. A thing no one wanted to do because it only hurt you to do that, it in no way gave you glory or anything.

We all were about ready to flip the table and just decided to screw the rules, we're shining the light on everything and unlocked the end game with no rhyme or reason just to get it over with. I know it feels redundant calling this game awful after all the reviews, but I feel like the reviews all stopped about 5 plays in and just said it wasn't very interesting. They didn't get into just how maddeningly horrifying the design becomes by the second half. There's 4 main skills in the game and early on there's basically a mile stone for good use of each, but every single milestone past the mid way point is tailor made for explore actions and only explore actions. Explore gets you 5-6 points a turn when raid gets you at most 2 and has limited ammo. Even when everyone kitted themselves out to explore and the entire game was decided by everyone gathered around a tomb, it was completely arbitrary because you just pick a number and hope it has something, ANYTHING of value in it. All our games ended before a second winter with this huge influx of glory so any hope of playing long term economics was complete trash despite having a ton of rules dedicated to it.
>>
>>53688200
Tell me how cancerous I am.

>>53707234
I dig the artstyle and theme, might give it a backing if I can find some money.

>>53713891
2 games is not a trend anon. You and chicken little need to calm the fuck down about legacy and app games, neither are overtaking the industry any time soon.

>>53725857
Yeah today I played-oh wait no I didn't because everyone cancelled :(
>>
Found Forbidden Stars is still in stock in a lot of shops. Game sounds great but doubt I'll get a lot of play out of it, is it worth buying just before it disappears?
>>
>>53742685
If you've got money to spare and have space to let it sit for a while, yeah probably. It is a good game though, highly recommend it.
>>
>>53742901
I think I will pull the trigger on it. Everything I've been seeing about it has been really encouraging, and though I haven't delved into the detailed rules reference, it doesn't look THAT complicated to get the gist of.

I suppose worst case scenario I will just take extra good care of the box and components and could try and sell it off in a few years.
>>
>>53741842
>Mixing Arctic Scavengers and Thunderstone (and I think Core Worlds?) in both Drafting and Deckbuilding isn't right I feel, since drafting usually involves picking off cards from a depleting pool.

So? First of all, Arctic Scavengers, Core Worlds, & Thunderstone all have a limited amount of cards in their various pools to choose from, and taking cards 'depletes' said pool (which meets your definition). Second, 'depleting a pool' <sic> of resources is NOT part of the actual definition of 'deck building' game. Third - 'Card Drafting' (i.e. 'drafting') is simply a game mechanic - just like deck building - and neither are mutually exclusive.

> I know the first two are a subset of deckbuilding that uses a "fixed market" style of deckbuilding, while ones like the Realms series use a "randomized trade row" style.

Again, so what? That state does nothing to support your conclusion that games like Core Worlds or Thunderstone are 'not' games that involve both 'deck building' over the course of a game and using 'card drafting' as the 'deck building' mechanism of choice over the course of the game. Look at the Xenoshyft game - it's another example of a game with a 'Deck building' mechanism accomplished via a 'card drafting' mechanic. Players use currency to purchase upgrades (each of which is a limited pool) from a known market of resources. Over time the players cycle out 'lesser value' cards from their decks in order to more quickly draw the 'high value' cards into their hands.
>>
>>53656354
Interesting - it looks like there's a new expansion for 'Deception: Murder in Hong Kong' on KS. You'll have to search for 'Undercover Allies' as 4chins thinks the link is spam.
>>
>>53743578
Because drafting is very often tied to the original mechanic that used the term, that is the draft format of various CCGs/LCGs. The mechanic of passing around a hand of cards, picking/drafting one into your deck, all the while hoping another player doesn't choose that other card you want by the time the hand comes back to you, is Card Drafting. Coincidentally, this fits with how the term is used in a different field: sports, where teams would draft players they want before other teams get them.

Meanwhile, fixed market deck building games usually offer the same cards, whether or not other players have taken them or not, until they run out. The act of buying cards to put into your deck is rarely termed as drafting as well, possibly since most deckbuilding games use some sort of economy or money for purchasing the cards, which is also probably why economically related terms (fixed *market*, randomized *trade* row) is commonly used as well, though that's probably conjecture. Not to mention that the games themselves are fairly different, and would be confusing if recommended to a player that was looking for a drafting game like Sushi Go or Fairy Tale.

You could try sticking to it and try to enforce that the act of buying cards from a market/trade row is "drafting", but I'm probably not the only one who would make a weird look when you say Thunderstone is a drafting game.
>>
>>53736722
>>53736931
>>53736896

Disappointing but not entirely surprising.

We'll probably peruse the rulebook so we have a little knowledge when we get 4 (or 6) players then play something else.

Thanks anons and namefag.
>>
>>53744377
Thank you for writing a thoughtful reply. I haven't got time at the moment to write a useful reply of my own. What I'm *attempting* to do is hammer out better definitions of certain terms (or at least improve my understanding of said terms). It's all but impossible to have a meaningful conversation about various board games without a common framework of terms. There's some things from Board Game Geek for example, but board gaming has evolved a lot in recent years and I don't think the language has kept up. I'll save your comments and see if I can't reply next thread. Thanks again!
>>
>sleep til noon
>no new /bgg/ thread
Fine I'll do it myself

>>53745840
>>53745840
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.