[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any professional wrestling RPGs? Are any of them any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Christopher_Daniels_1.jpg (337KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Christopher_Daniels_1.jpg
337KB, 1024x683px
Are there any professional wrestling RPGs? Are any of them any good?
>>
File: cII37mb.jpg (192KB, 1280x774px) Image search: [Google]
cII37mb.jpg
192KB, 1280x774px
>>53656163
World Wide Wrestling is pretty dope. Turns out pbta works well with all the different roles/gimmicks wrestlers tend to have.
>>
But anon, proffesional wrestling is already a LARP.
>>
File: World Wide Wrestling.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
World Wide Wrestling.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>53656288
>>53656163
here's the PDF if you want to give it a try
>>
>>53656763
Not OP but I'm loving this shit. Has anyone played this?
>>
How exactly does one get into professional wrestling?
I mean it has been going on for so many years now, how does a new viewer get into the backstories/find out who all these people are and why they are that way without having watched them from the beginning?
Like Rey Mysterio, why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>53664135
No one cared who he was until he put on the mask.

Seriously, though, not only is it unnecessary to watch years' worth of wrestling to get the story, but it's actually a disadvantage. The bookers literally have a rule to never reference anything from more than two years ago and to start recycling stories wholesale after seven years. So just jump in anywhere and stick with it for a few weeks and you'll be on the level of awareness that they're writing for.
>>
>>53664135
Most wresting promotions don't run long term continuity, though there are major exceptions

As for why Rey wears the mask, it's a bit of tradition. After EMLL got popular in the early to mid 1930s, it wouldn't be until El Santo won an 8-man battle royale. He point of the mask was to hide the identity of the wrestler, adding a bit of mystery to the man behind it. Since then, various gimmicks have come and gone that presented a personality for people to rally behind or oppose. Santo got crazy popular enough to make some rather cheesy b-movies, adding some folk hero status to him.
>>
>>53664135
It's a gimmick. Lotta wrestlers have 'em. As for getting into it, I'd say go back and watch old stuff. The newer storylines and characters are kinda lame.
>>
>>53664222
Chikara is one of the few that does reference things as far back as there start. It's more kid friendly and gimmicky then other promotions.

Good jump points for new fans depends on promotion. Each has their ups and downs, though there are THOUSANDS of horror stories to cover as well
>>
There is Luchador: Way of the Mask... a guy at my FLGS published it, and I got to demo it. It was hilarious, simple, and tons of fun.
>>
File: GlueMan.png (612KB, 809x607px) Image search: [Google]
GlueMan.png
612KB, 809x607px
>>53656163
>recreating jerma rumble as rpg game
now that's a fun idea
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.