[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tyranids in 30K

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1249.jpg (94KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1249.jpg
94KB, 480x360px
Let's say the Tyranids showed up earlier, back in 30k during the great crusade and before any of the primarchs were corrupted by chaos. What changes? Would the strength of the primarchs and the legions be enough to turn back the tide? How would the tyranids adapt to fight the much more powerful imperium? Can Nids kill a primarch? How does the emperor deal with this new threat?
>>
>>53652937
If the nids took the life of a primarch they would be unstoppable. The nids would have the full genetic code required to make primarch level creatures. Tyranids adapt to who they fight and having primarch DNA would allow the birth of one completely new bio form and insanely bolster the tyranids psychic abilities.
>>
>>53653117
If GW was following their own lore, then you would be right. However, most likely then not, they would still be jobbers like they are in 40K
>>
>>53653117
well the rippers have to come and actually consume it and carry it back right
>>
>>53653167
>jobbers
Losing isn't the same as jobbing, this meme is stale
>>
>>53655956
The swarmlord got killed off by no name orks
Nids only exist to job now
>>
>>53653224
A single hair follicle, a splash of blood, some saliva is all that is needed to obtain DNA. And if some other tyranid creature eats it then that creature will too eventually enter a spawning pool. Basically if a primarch loses some blood on a planet and is forced to retreat then the tyranids consume the entire planet, including primarch DNA and activate god mode that way.
>>
>>53653167
Nothing to do with GW. GW is not making this alternate history (future?) of what would happen if tyranids came early.
>>
>>53655976
Literally no proof of this happening, swarmlord isn't even mentioned being on the planet in the latest codex, I don't know why you feel the need to bring up this headcanon every time the Nids are mentioned

>>53656081
What would tyranids even do with primarch DNA? They've consumed thousands of space marines and as far as we know they haven't done anything with them unless that bit about hive guards is still canon
>>
File: 1475506920747.jpg (2MB, 2335x1617px) Image search: [Google]
1475506920747.jpg
2MB, 2335x1617px
>>53653117
primarchs aren't something you can copy paste with genetics, there were rituals and other warp stuff involved.

>>53652937
I think ouroboris is kinda halfway related here.
>What changes?
30k had much more concentrated fighting forces I'd say so the swarms would disperse and corner the weak points and planets; attempts to brute force the legions will prove ineffective, especially with the primarchs, but in the other end the armies were less jack of all trades; assassin biomorphs may become prevalent, both to threaten primarchs and make their direct deployments more careful (read: rare and slow) and special squads so that once those are out the more diverse swarm will manage to break through a tactical void.
the swarm will try to use the enemy's numbers against itself perhaps, producing fast digestive organisms to turn the biomass in their favour as soon as possible to break the meatgrinder.

in the end, nothing really changes.
>>
>>53656697
Create the ultimate jobber. a being that can job harder than any other entity in the universe
>>
Can't beat the imperium now. Doubt they could do it at the height of the imperirium's power
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.