[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 60

File: Bantfus.png (362KB, 1000x762px) Image search: [Google]
Bantfus.png
362KB, 1000x762px
>playing
>hating
>brewing
>Metagame thoughts

Decklists:
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper
>http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO

Primers:
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Weekly Modern Metagame:
>https://www.mainphasemtg.net/modern-tier-list/2017/6/4/modern-tiered-list-weekly-update-and-analysis-for-651717
>>
>>53652616

Battle formation gals!

> Mage in front

yeeeup sounds like my party mage.
>>
All hail our Grixis Shadow overlords.
>>
File: purest waifu.jpg (387KB, 1728x972px) Image search: [Google]
purest waifu.jpg
387KB, 1728x972px
>>53652616
>>playing
Death & Taxes

>>hating
Mosquitoes

>>brewing
Coffee

>>Metagame thoughts
'costs one more.'
>>
>>53652815
2 bobs or 2 reality smashers in E&T?
>>
File: theyre-coming.jpg (52KB, 417x305px) Image search: [Google]
theyre-coming.jpg
52KB, 417x305px
>playing
Affinity, of course.
>hating
Mardu Planeswalkers. Do I need to say why?
>brewing
Also coffee (8 o'clock original whole bean)
>metagame thoughts
This is fine.
>>
File: removal.jpg (140KB, 446x622px) Image search: [Google]
removal.jpg
140KB, 446x622px
Any tips on finding a Standard and a Legacy player to play Team Constructed with?
>>
>>53653069
ill play with you
>>
>>53653069
leddit and ask around your lgs
>>
>>53652859
for me it was ALWAYS two Reality Smasher.

our threats aren't jund-style goyf/bolt/etc and won't play out off a bob in the same way. our stuff is going to be a path or a tks and those are both far less efficient (negative, in fact) at pressuring life totals with your opponent off bob triggers.
>>
File: archive-trap.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
archive-trap.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Should I build a cheap Mill deck for shits and giggles? I kinda want to have a Burn deck without actually playing Burn.

I also get to say "You just activated my trap card."
>>
>>53653397
Yes. Mill is fun and no one packs answers unlike Burn.
>>
>>53653611
>no one packs answers
It's because you don't need answers to beat shit decks like mill
>>
>>53653397
wow you can just win turn 1 if you have 4 of these
>>
>>53652616
>>playing
Cheeri0s
>>hating
iunno
>>brewing
Jeskai flyers
>>Metagame thoughts
is nice
>>
>>53654043
It also lets you have a 5/5 Jace's Phantasm on T1 if you're on the draw. Mill does silly things.
>>
>>53652616
I really regret selling my Hierarchs when I briefly stopped playing.
>>
>>53653611
There a few good sb cards that do work against mill.
>at fnm
>play against mill
>post board have Leyland of sanctity
>mull to 5 to get it
>opponent so titled he tries to slow play the entire match, keeps talking about how leyline is broken.
>have to call judge for slow play a few times.
>"well since you wasted my time playing leyline I'm gonna waste yours"

Best match of the night.
>>
>>53654606
The out is Set Adrift to bounce Leyline to top of library, then mill it.
>>
File: 1494493084663.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494493084663.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>playing
Grixis delver
>hating
Tron
>brewing
Bant D&T
>Metagame thoughts
fuck tron
>>
File: avon.jpg (47KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
avon.jpg
47KB, 312x445px
What basic land(s) do you use /tg/?

Pic related.
>>
>>53652616
Figured I'd repost

>playing
See brewing
>hating
See metagame thoughts
>brewing
Esper Demonic Pact Control. It's even more fun then it sounds.
>Metagame thoughts
Creatures: The tappening is boring. The twin ban didn't help much, if at all. Creature based value has gone too far, and I doubt it will ever swing the other way enough. Also some choice decks make bringing a gameplan to every game impossible, which never feels good. I think that it results in modern feeling like a really wonky, expensive game of rock paper scissors.
>>
>>53654901
>Creatures: The tappening is boring.
So is Counterspells: The drawing.
>I doubt it will ever swing the other way enough
Because most players prefer it this way.
>Also some choice decks make bringing a gameplan to every game impossible, which never feels good
It stops there from being one all-powerful deck.
>>
>>53654735
amonkhet full arts
>>
>>53654735
>What basic land(s) do you use /tg/?
basics I stole from a store I used to draft in
>>
>>53655408
>stealing basics
...why?
>>
>>53655578
>...why?
to use them obviously
i mean you sleeve up a draft deck with the stores basics then accidentally bring them home
thats how I have all the varied basics that are in my modern deck
>>
>>53655578
>he doesn't take whatever he wants from his LGS
Sad!
>>
>>53655578
You mean the LGS that sets out boxes of basic lands for draft expects to get them back? If so, fuck that
>>
>>53655738
>i enjoy being the niggers of mtg
just wow
>>
>>53655629
>>53655738
>not bringing your own basics so you aren't touching the filthy store basics
Stay pleb.
>>
>>53655578
Basic lands are printed more than Zimbabwe cash. Just crack a few boosters and you'll feel better. If anything stores have to face oversaturation of standard basics (that aren't full art).
You should still ask permission for keeping, though in case I'm wrong.
>>
>>53655813
Why don't you send them a thank you card while your at it like a good little kid.
>>
>>53655813
That's the thing. If you're drafting and cracking packs, you're already getting way more basics than you'll ever need.
>>
File: Archy.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Archy.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>>53655778
well technically they are mine now
>>
File: basics.jpg (135KB, 1038x296px) Image search: [Google]
basics.jpg
135KB, 1038x296px
>>53654735
And before anyone says anything yes, I have multiple APAC Islands. They were harder to find in 2000, but demand was lower.
>>
File: storm basics.png (575KB, 604x650px) Image search: [Google]
storm basics.png
575KB, 604x650px
>>53654735
i use these puppers in storm
>>
>>53657171
Why mix mana symbol lands with text lands?
>>
>>53654735
unglued lands so I have some matching brown borders in my deck.
>>
>>53657484
Not that guy, but literally who cares. If it's good artwork in a frame you like from a set you enjoyed, yay.
>>
>>53657593
>literally who cares
Well, I mean, I do. The inconsistency bothers me.
>>
>>53657654

I mix full art, mana symbol and text lands, with one expedition to top it off. Just to tilt autismos. It's great.
>>
>>53657760
As long as it's on your side of the battlefield, I don't really care. It's just weird to me.
>>
>>53657760
>I make my deck look like shit to tilt a small minority of people haha
Good job champ
>>
>>53657654

people like you are why i play with mismatched cards
>>
i use white bordered cards whenever i can
>>
>>53657786
Playing mismatched cards can actually be a strategic mistake. At the very least it forces you to keep track of which version your opponent has seen.
>>
>>53652616
>Playing
I've been trying a bunch of Delver lists lately. Grixis Delver, Jeskai Delver, Temur Delver, Sultai Delver, UR Delver... Bant Delver. Before anyone asks, yes the Delver rarely has timely flips in any of the lists.

>Hating
Nothing really right now.

>Brewing
Other Delver lists

>Metagame thoughts
Meta's fine. I do think CoCo and Thoughtseize are a bit strong, but not strong enough to warrant any drastic action. It does suck to see a Shadow player rip my hand apart and only get benefits for doing so
>>
>>53657844
bet you're some ufag that cares about that kind of stuff, it doesn't matter when you're killing people on turn 3 or 4 anyways
>>
>>53657997
>play Affinity
>get called a ufag
mysides.jpg
>>
>>53658043
>implying you're not
>master of etheruim
>crane
>thoughtcast
>SB cards
Affinity is literally a bluefag deck go cry about counterspell not being legal bluebabby
>>
>>53658215
>galvanic blast
>basic mountain
>killing on turn 3 or 4
>more red SB than blue
If you're trying to troll, you aren't doing a very good job.
>>
>>53657918
Was thinking a lot about Temur Delver, specifically a Delirium variant, as maybe running 4 Bauble could help fix your library for turn 2 flips.

Between 4 Bauble, 4 Delver, 4 Goyf, 2 Snaps and 2 Monkeys you'd have enough spells that the added artifact should help rather than hinder. Maybe 2 Bauble is the sweetspot if you want more creatures, but I don't know. I think between enabling Traverse, bigger Goyfs, more monkey fuel, and potentially aiding Delver flips (not certain on the math, though), adding Baubles could be sweet.
>>
>>53654993
>So is Counterspells: The drawing.
Nice black and white. You imply I just want the exact opposite rather then a balance.
>I doubt it will ever swing the other way enough
If that is the case, then sure, but you cannot argue that the majority of the people are happy with things as they stand currently.
>It stops there from being one all-powerful deck.
I'm not saying "never have a bad matchup". But the whole "well, we don't have ONE all powerful deck, but we have 3-4 that just lock everyone else out of the game 75% of the time." after they banned a deck for "diversity" simply because you cannot pack enough hate to disrupt the cycle at all in your 75.
>>
>>53658576
The best Delirium Delver build, I've found, is Sultai almost entirely because of Grim Flayer, because he's an evasive 2 mana 4/4 a lot of the time and he even ramps you to Tasigur.
>>
>>53658695
>You imply I just want the exact opposite rather then a balance.
There is a balance.
>you cannot argue that the majority of the people are happy with things as they stand currently
Can you argue otherwise? Most people in this thread seem to be fine with the meta. Magic in general is more popular now than it was back when spells ruled the land.
>well, we don't have ONE all powerful deck, but we have 3-4 that just lock everyone else out of the game 75% of the time.
That isn't the case though. Even adding up variants, the top 4 decks are only 34% of the meta, with tier 1 having 8 decks (7 if you count GBx Shadow and UBx Shadow as one deck).
>>
>>53658812
I 100% agree, sulty does delirium best. but I think you'll agree that the best Delver are those with Bolt, and I think RUG delirium delver could have some punch.
>>
>>53658882
>There is a balance.
I disagree.
>Can you argue otherwise? Most people in this thread seem to be fine with the meta. Magic in general is more popular now than it was back when spells ruled the land.
I disagree again. While i do see some people think its find, i also see other people who think it needs work. I wouldnt even say that modern's metagame caused magic to be more popular. Nor would i argue that popularity = balance.
>That isn't the case though. Even adding up variants, the top 4 decks are only 34% of the meta, with tier 1 having 8 decks (7 if you count GBx Shadow and UBx Shadow as one deck).
Just because 34% of people are playing it doesnt mean they arn't more powerful then the rest. I'm not even here to argue that. I feel that proactive, creature based value is around 90% or so of the current meta, and I dislike it being so high. I'm not saying "we need creatures to be trash", but what i am saying is "all card types should be balanced, and nothing should be singled out and given special treatment." But this special treatment is now taken as normal and correct. I think it's bad for the game, and that favoritism is making the meta boring in that respect.

>do i expect WotC to handle it properly? Is it realistic?
If you asked me this before amonkhet, I'd tell you i was dreaming of an ideal world, but amonkhet is actually pretty balanced between all card types, and they are finally doing some things that are different. In stark contrast to "Hey guys! Welcome to the artifact(creature) plane!"
>>
>>53659386
Also I'd like to point out that they didnt make a card in kaladesh to remove counters from players. They had the perfect opportunity to print something that could help curb infect in a healthy way and generate more options and more interesting gameplay and they blew it. Tell me 1BB or BB instant "Remove all counters from target permanent or player" wouldnt be an awesome card. Instead we got "If you have creatures, you can have these artifacts become even bigger creatures that also dodge sorcery speed removal!" And because they have been chopping the balls off of every removal spell and making it subpar in some way or another, they became either too costly mana-wise, too specific or sorcery speed, and thus they created a solved standard environment. This unhealthy obsession to appease to (only) creature based combat is bad for the game, and I'll oppose it where ever it springs up.
>>
>>53659054
It's true Bolts and Delver are basically toast and butter, but Sultai just has the best tools if you want to go Delirium. Then again, I haven't played RUG with a Delirium splash so maybe it's better than I think. My RUG list was protection heavy, it kinda played like an Infect deck with Bolts (and a spicy Huntmaster)
>>
>>53659386
>I disagree.
Okay. Then we are at an impasse.
>i also see other people who think it needs work
There's no such thing as a meta that everyone is happy with. The majority seem to like it.
>I wouldnt even say that modern's metagame caused magic to be more popular.
I never claimed it did. The change to make creatures more viable did though.
>Nor would i argue that popularity = balance.
Popularity > balance. It doesn't matter if you have the most balanced game in the world if people don't like it.

The rest of what you said reveals you to either be a buffoon who doesn't even know the meta or a troll.
>>53659401
They made a card like that before. It was called Leeches, and it was a mistake that they've said they won't repeat.

You're free to oppose it all you want, but you're going to lose.
>>
File: teamer.png (553KB, 543x524px) Image search: [Google]
teamer.png
553KB, 543x524px
>>53659525
Both have merit and are really under the radar.
I really couldn't say which color combo is best since they are all good with slight ups and downs (push/discard/banaman in black, bolt in red, kcommand/terminate in redblack, lingering souls in blackwhite) idk so many variations it's best to just play whichever you like most, unless you want a specific edge for your meta

Here's a shitty sample I whipped up, not sure on most of the numbers and it's a 58 card special, but Delverbro what do you think of something like this?
>>
>>53659580
>... going to lose.
Is this about winning or losing? Are you kidding me right now?

>There's no such thing as a meta that everyone is happy with. The majority seem to like it.
I'd argue it's about split down the middle. Changing things slightly doesn't mean we would upset more people then we would appease.
>Popularity > balance. It doesn't matter if you have the most balanced game in the world if people don't like it.
This doesnt mean you should always trade in more balance for more popularity. You assume I'd do the reverse until magic was fringe. I'm just saying they could do better (for people who literally stated they don't test for modern.)

I'll be honest, I don't know the meta like the back of my hand. It's because I've been playing less because I'm not happy with where it is right now and it's gotten very boring to me. I enjoy playing other types of magic, but this one is just crawling into territory i know i don't enjoy, so as a result I'm playing less of it. I want to enjoy it. I want to play more, and enjoy it, and have everyone else enjoy it too. I don't think that makes me a buffoon.

>Leeches a mistake
But Y tho.
WotC says a lot of things are mistakes when they are some of the best shit they have ever done. And when they truly do make mistakes, they sugarcoat it before never touching on the subject again, leaving MaRo as the scapegoat to type all the ":)"'s he can muster, handpick the worst arguments against it to shitpost against, resulting in grind the conversation to a halt.
>>
>>53659865
Troll.
>>
>>53659990

not that guy but

>anyone who disagrees with me is a troll

cmon
>>
>>53659862
I've always appreciated Disrupting Shoal, love that card. You're only running two Hooters but I can see why, I was gonna say you should either cut a Scour or add a monkey but then I remembered that it can be hard to keep Delirium and Goyf up while also delving your graveyard.

Still though, I'd think about maybe another Hooter in there instead of maybe a Dryad. A lot of the time he's your cheapest and best threat, and he makes your Denials relevant.

My RUG list def wasn't the best so I'd say go for it, it looks fine. How consistently can you hit Delirium btw? With only two artifacts and one tribal.

Also you probably already know this, but with Green you get enchantment removal which is fantastic for you in the side since Rest in Peace fucks Delver decks normally, but will double fuck yours.
>>
>>53660370
It isn't a matter of disagreeing, it's a matter of how he's disagreeing.
>>
>>53660445
I'm 2 slots short, and honestly i'm a delver shitter but I believe in the power of RUG

I agree with you on the monkeys, I just always get spooked with overcommiting on delve effects but it's such a strong card. Most people run 3, I hoped the Traverses would make up for it, but if I scour away all the monkeys it could feel bad. btw is 4 Traverse one too many, with 18 lands?

And yeah it feels like it could use some more Delirium stuff, maybe a second Tarfire or something.

Still hesitant on the 3rd ape, but it would fill out a slot nicely. Maybe a miser Bedlam Reveler instead?
>>
>>53660844
Don't worry dude I'm a Delver shitter too. Traverse is a tricky card, but as I think of it most of my Delver lists except Jeskai run some way to gain advantage in grindy matches: K Command in Grixis, Lingering Souls in Esper, etc. Traverse would be this in Delirium lists, 4 may be one too many but not because of your land count (if you're Traversing for basics you're not in a great spot to begin with) but mainly because I'm not sure how often you hit Delirium.

Scouring away your monkeys would suck but that's the risk of playing them. Scour has too much upside to really consider the downside. It can power out delve creatures and for you it can get you to Delirium.

I do think you might need another Bauble or Tarfire though. I do like the idea of Reveler if you're gunshy on the idea of another Hoots. It's a nice tutor target for Traverse, draws cards, AND makes your Denials relevant so it should be fine.

Like I said, though, the best ways to find out things like hitting Delirium or how often you can turn 2 Mandrills is to goldfish or play games with the list. Putting the deck in action makes it real easy to see where the deck needs improvement.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Keep or mull?
>>
>>53661394
Keep and pray you get some offensive capabilities within three draws.
>>
>>53661394
I think that's barely a keep? Probably a mull? I'm not an Affinity player but there's no payoff in that hand. Just a bit of pressure. Once they kill the Pest it kinda goes down the shitter
>>
>>53661394
heart of the cards
>>
>>53661394
easy mull, your hand is pretty explosive but doesn't actually do anything
>>
alright lads, keep or mull?
>>
>>53661712
Easy mull. To zero. Then kill myself.
>>
>>53661501
>>53661539
>>53661554
>>53661590

I think Id keep if im game one on the play. Its risky but if pedt doesnt get removed then im in business. I know its risky but I have good draws like ravager and another pest and a cranial plating, master of etherium or steel overseer pretty much win me the game. If I know my oponent is playing disruption then Id mull.
>>
>playing
Burn my nigga
>hating
Nothing really. In my meta my matchups range from 50/50 to ezpz, so I enjoy it
>brewing
Nada atm. Eventually want pieces for zoo tho
>thoughts
Pretty good imho
On another note, what does mill need to be viable?
>>
>>53661765
edgy
>>
File: 1485651274475.jpg (76KB, 524x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485651274475.jpg
76KB, 524x960px
>>53663606
Lmbo
>>
>>53661712
Definitely a mulligan, you're minimum 2 cards away from any game, and 1 more lands than you want in your opener.
>>
>>53652616
> playing
Zombie hunt

The answers to the rest don't matter cause I'm too busy enjoying this dumb as shit deck
>>
>>53658215
>crane
>in affinity
What kind of fucking mongoloid came up with this meme
>>
>>53664184
there were a couple of lists floating around recently that ran it. It was dank as fuck desu
>>
>>53662332
Mill is like mono Red Burn, but bad, because Bolt can hit creatures, whereas mill spells only hit players. Mill also usually has trouble with Leyline, Emrakul, Dredge, Living End, and fast decks.
What I would like to see is module cards that have one of the options be mill, or a permanent that triggers mill when instant and sorceries are cast.
I think if you want mill, it should be a deck that either utilizes combo or has a back-up plan.
>>
>ban twin because a turn 4 kill sometimes is oppressive
>allow a turn 3 infinite mana combo because it ain't blue

Nice format
>>
>>53664901
u tagged the wrong guy u idiot!!!!!
>>
File: Edgar Island Poole.png (633KB, 461x618px) Image search: [Google]
Edgar Island Poole.png
633KB, 461x618px
>>53654735
these
>>
>>53652886
Yes you do need to say why. i have no idea what this meme is
>>
>>53652886
Alright affinibro how have you adjusted to the meta? I have sea gate wreckage on board and thoughtcast as a one of in the main. Considering going up to two. Too much discard and removal
>>
>>53665082
I use the unlimited version of these, I prefer it saying "Tap" for some reason.
>>
>>53661394
Mull. That hand relies on signal pest sticking.
The moment it's gone, you're fucked.
>>
>>53654279
I know those feels annon i traded mine away for snaps
>>
>>53666035
>>53654279
It's fine, they're almost certainly in iconic. The MM article on the mothership said how they were going to be in MM3 but were cut because the exalted mechanic didn't work well in the set they had planned and that they were pushed off to another set. Their cut lines up real well with the beginning of work on iconic.
>>
>>53666514
mythic rarity incoming

We wouldn't want to hurt the investors :^) enjoy the 5 dollar price dip
>>
File: 1496423712636.jpg (88KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496423712636.jpg
88KB, 720x960px
>Playing
8 rack minus lilis till next payday
>Hating
Nothing really though not having hardly any interactions with lands is annoying
>brewing
Slowly assembling the pieces for naya burn so I actually have a competitive deck.
>metagame thoughts
Pretty good right now nothing to oppresive

Question what other sb options do i have against tron with 8 rack other than surgicals and quarters? (Local meta is about 50% tron most modern nights with most being bg)
>>
>>53666869
Also forgot pithing needles I run two in sideboard
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>53666869
>>
File: 15653_200w.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
15653_200w.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
>>53666869
Pretty much kills any use the eggs have, slows down stirrings and scryings stops a turn 3 Karn/ugin. Doesn't prevent a turn 4 nulamog, but then again what does?
>>
>>53665456
Mardu Planeswalkers is a control deck that's all removal all the time. It basically plays all the cards that Affinity doesn't want to see. Playing against it is like throwing your favorite toys into an incinerator.
>>53665629
Same, though my local meta isn't so bad. Considering a welding jar in the main for the next event.
>>
>>53668189
>bringing this in when tron boards in 4 claims
Bwahaha, gl.
>>
>>53652616
>playing
Lantern
>hating
Net-decking high schoolers
>brewing
Trying to finish mystic mentor. Just need one more JVP
>Metagame thoughts
Seems A-OK.
>>
>>53669733
You could just say that you hate high schoolers. We understand.
>>
>>53664184
People that are clearly better than you at the game, since they seem to be top 8'ing and you are not.
>>
Thinking about Dredge sideboard for a semi-large event next month, 4 Leylines and lotsa mulliganing or 2 Memory's Journey 1 Bojuka Bog and hoping to hit them in time vs Living End/Storm/Mirror/Griselbrand?
4 Leyline
3 Claim
3 Grudge
2 Axe
1 Quarter
1 Gnaw
1 Pharaoh is what I played @ GP Copenhagen.
>>
>>53669400
Sure, it's not like I'm a filthy Tron player or anything. Or sideboard in exactly what you said. Or know how back breaking this card is when on the play.
>>
Thoughts on a 1-of Incendiary Command in Ponza? None of the modes are terrible, but none are great either.
>>
Quick question can you still use old Lord of Atlantis cards that say "all merfolk" even though the ruling is "other" now? Because I've got a full set just not any timeshifted ones.
>>
>>53671252
You can but it makes no difference of fucking course, cards are considered to only have their Oracle text on them.
>>
File: nope.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>53665816
>he doesn't know about Summer Magic aka Edgar
the unlimited version isn't double-secret-we-fucked-up-a-print-run-and-shipped-about-40-boxes ghost rare for $600 each.
>>
>>53671252
like the above anon said, in MtG what the card says means fuck-all. What matters is the oracle text. As long as they are in good enough condition, they are tournament playable
>>
File: 20170525_214503.jpg (1MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_214503.jpg
1MB, 2160x2160px
>playing
Living end and titanshift

>hating
Lantern control. I don't know how to beat them. It feels like they have the tron effect where you have to kill them by turn 3 or you're just fucked.

>brewing
Something with gifts-rites. I feel like there's something there people haven't figured out yet, but I haven't either.

>metagame thoughts
The hand rape meta sucks. It's hard to play stupid combo decks when everyone just wants to fuck your hand up and shit on your head
>>
>>53672021
>It feels like they have the tron effect where you have to kill them by turn 3 or you're just fucked
Pretty much, especially if you're relying on creature damage. I would think that Titanshift would have a fair shot though since there's so much redundancy and bridge isn't that big of a deal.
>>
File: 1481899838773.jpg (16KB, 262x263px) Image search: [Google]
1481899838773.jpg
16KB, 262x263px
>>53672021
>Lantern control. I don't know how to beat them.
flickerwisp the bridge and attack for lethal. works every time.
>>
File: 20170513_015414.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170513_015414.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>53672021
Euh, that's not the right picture... oops

I also have most of elves but I'm missing caverns and don't really have a sideboard put together for that's a drawing my little brother found at his middle school. He said the kid that drew it is a cringelord that thinks school shooters are cool.
>>
>>53672058
The times I've played against them as titan shift they mill + surgical'd my valakut and titan couldn't swing past bridge. And I feel nervous about playing valakut in my hand out because they also have ghost quarter and stirrings to dig for it. I've won a game or two off of regular valakut triggers but he has leylines in the side so that makes it harder as well.
>>
>>53652616
what are some fun midrange decks to play
are there any bant ones
>>
>>53654735
kamigawa
>>
>>53672345
Death's Shadow <insert your flavor here>
Bant Eldrazi.
>>
>>53665629
I've actually had great success running hangarbacks and blossoming defense over masters and galvantics, also SB Fatal push against DS.
>>
>>53654735
Mercadian masques arena promos for my rug deck
>>
>>53672345
Bant company/knightfall is pretty good.
>>
>>53672431
Why fatal push instead of dispatch?
>>
>>53672480
DESU it's because I have a ton of FP's and no dispatches handy lol.
>>
>>53672021
If I wanted a deck that makes Lantern players miserable (without mirror matching), what would I play? Hatebears?
>>
>>53659862
A guy here posts his rug delver deck sometimes. He's been on it for years now I think.
Maybe someone has that image of his deck? The one with expeditions
>>
>>53672719
Ancientgrudge.dec
>>
>>53672719
Mono white enchantment prison with 4x main deck suppression field.
>>
>>53672719
Burn and Tron aren't the greatest matchups for Lantern but if you're losing to Lantern that much you most likely don't have an appropriate sideboard.
>>
File: 1493673874255.jpg (4MB, 5984x3366px) Image search: [Google]
1493673874255.jpg
4MB, 5984x3366px
>>53672737
>>
>>53672719
merfolk, side in 4x hurkyll's recall
>>
File: img11.jpg (40KB, 310x223px) Image search: [Google]
img11.jpg
40KB, 310x223px
>tfw no one dares to block my path
>>
>>53673806
>path
>>
>>53673592
I like it, right up until your opponent realizes that LoV or RiP turns your deck completely off.
>>
>>53673852
Yea but with counters you just play around it. It sucks but no deck is perfect. I usually just bring in seal of primordium too.
>>
File: etched-champion.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
etched-champion.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>53673806
>no one
Bring it on scrublord.
>>
>>53673852
I think he played 4 huntmaster to get around that
>>
Rules question:

If you have, let's say, a creature with an ability like pay 2 mana/tap it, tap target creature, can you activate this after an opponent declares attackers or do you have to do it before? And what's the reasoning?
>>
>>53673979
You can activate it, but nothing will happen. Declaring attackers already taps the creature, and tapping creatures that are already in combat won't do anything.
>>
>>53673979
>>53674053
Here's the specific rule:
"506.4b Tapping or untapping a creature that’s already been declared as an attacker or blocker doesn’t remove it from combat and doesn’t prevent its combat damage."
>>
File: 15.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
Doesn't die to removal
>>
>>53674084
>>53674053
Thanks!
>>
>>53674179
Still exiled by removal.
>>
>>53674214
thanx for the ramp :^)
>>
File: dispatch.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
dispatch.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>53674221
oh rly?

Also, let's not forget leyline, rip, etc.
>>
>>53669733
>Net-decking high schoolers
How can highschoolers net-deck? I mean, they have even less money than a student
>>
Any affinity players playing Glint-Nest Crane? Been testing 2 mainboard instead of Thoughtcast and it feels solid, but I might cut it to one
>>
>>53674248
I bring up my vines+blossoming count to 6, and put in a dungrove elder and thrun when i see someone playing white
>>
>>53674319
That's nice. You can play Thrun when you're on the play and then I'll kill you on my turn ;)
>>
>>53664942
>not just playing gutshot in response
baka senpai desu
>>
>>53664942
Takes more cards to actually win and easier to disrupt. Counters Company will successfully go off and still lose games.
>>
File: EnsnaringBridge.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
EnsnaringBridge.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53673806
Thats cute
>>
File: bring it on chump.png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
bring it on chump.png
122KB, 223x311px
>>53673806
>>
Hey lads, 40kfag looking to give magic a go here. I have no clue about anything in the game though. Can anyone point me to some videos explaining it clearly? I have no clue what any of these formats are or what any of the lore is.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 464x859px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 464x859px
Main Deck:
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Foundry Street Denizen
4 Tattermunge Maniac
4 Legion Loyalist
4 Goblin Guide
4 Mogg War Marshal
2 Goblin Piledriver
4 Reckless Bushwhacker
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Goblin Grenade
18 Mountain
Sideboard:
3 Tormod's Crypt
4 Shattering Spree
3 Forked Bolt
3 Dragon's Claw
2 Blood Moon

I'm curious if I should replace a Tattermunge with a piledriver but it might slow the deck down.
Anyone got advice or comments?
The goal is to swing for lethal as soon as possible with nothing but goblins
>>
>>53677574
Text explanation: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/level-one/level-one-full-course-2015-10-05
Text lore: http://magic.wizards.com/en/story

Video explanation:
https://youtu.be/GadqHggATe8 Cheesy, but official
>>
>>53677574
>>53677944
Actual story lore: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/magic-story
>>
>>53677574
I'll explain the formats in brief because no one else has and the "level one" article doesn't do that great a job
Standard - Play with the latest sets of cards. Has a rotation, so every now and then, some sets are "phased out" to make sure the scene looks different. http://whatsinstandard.com/
Modern - Play with all cards released in standard sets that have the modern border that started in Mirrodin. Pic related explains the difference. Supplemental set cards with modern borders are not allowed unless it's a reprint of a card that was once in standard.
Legacy - Play with all cards released since Alpha (the first set) with a big banlist, to make sure the format is accessible to new players. Includes supplemental sets.
Vintage - Same as legacy but with a more lenient banlist, however, some cards are restricted to one slot per deck (as opposed to the normal four).
continued
>>
>>53678891
Pauper - Play with commons only. This includes cards that were originally printed at one rarity, then "downshifted" to common in another set.
Commander - 100 card singleton format with one Legendary creature as your commander. Mostly played as casual multiplayer games.
Limited - Play with a limited card pool. Broken down typically into three sub formats:
Draft - you construct a deck by cracking a pack, take one card, then pass the remaining cards to the side until the pack is empty, then repeated until everyone has gone through three packs. Basic lands fill in the remaining slots.
Sealed - Your card pool to build a deck is six packs. You can pick any number of basic lands outside these packs to fit in the deck.
Cube - Same as draft except people make "custom packs" with cards they choose, often making for really interesting and sometimes busted picks.

Most new players play standard as it's the most popular format and generally has a cheap barrier of entry, but any are fine. Some are really expensive though, like legacy. Modern is kind of a middle ground but can be expensive.
>>
>>53677574
>>53678891
Formats in video form:
Standard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAta2ODSULQ
Modern: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KUPnwbRtRE
Legacy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z-3VZEN2s8
Commander: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2n6rIzIA6A
Sealed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbiJ_4rfAIo
Draft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUqPxSYPfrA

...and Vintage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzRVCOBpIvk
>>
File: border differences.png (302KB, 451x310px) Image search: [Google]
border differences.png
302KB, 451x310px
>>53678998
...and I forgot the image explaining the borders. Pic related: The one on the left has a much older look to it. The one on the right has a somewhat more up to date look. It should be pretty easy to tell which cards have the modern borders and which don't, but if you're confused, just look at the release date of the set.
>>
>>53679103
>>53679050
>>53678998
>>53678891
You just know that these posts are only there to hear themselves talk.
>>
>>53679794
wut
>>
>>53679896
Can you read, mother fucker?
>>
>>53679919
There's reading and then there's understanding.
>guy asks for videos about the game, formats, and lore
>people post information about the game, formats, and lore
>only there to hear themselves talk
>>
>>53679952
Lmao you one dumbass motherfucker
>>
>>53680080
Well if you won't explain, then I can only conclude that you're just a troll and can be safely ignored.
>>
>>53680115
>needs it explained
Motherfucker pls
>>
>>53680115
well, you know what time it is after all
>>
>>53680204
I suppose so. At least veteran trolls actually put in some effort.
>>
>>53680204
>implying summer applies to this board
>>
File: 1493554057447.jpg (310KB, 1200x905px) Image search: [Google]
1493554057447.jpg
310KB, 1200x905px
How can we make White Weenie/DnT work in Modern?
>>
>>53680452
The way that it already works? You run creatures with taxing effects or build Eldrazi and Taxes.
>>
Wanna build a deck based around energy counters for shits and gigs, what are the essential card for standard?
>>
>>53680510
>for standard
why not ask the standard general?
>>
>>53680510
>hurrr durrrr I'm fucking retarded
>>
>>53680534
Maybe cause there isn't one
>>53680551
Fuck off man I'm new to magic
>>
>>53680723
You also new to using the internet and reading? Get out
>>
>>53680723
>there isn't one
Weird, there usually is. I don't know much about Standard, but Attune with Aether seems to be a given. If you really want to go energy, then Winding Constrictor seems good.
>>
>>53680510
>>53680768
here's a sample energy deck which you could take ideas from, just tweak it to fit your budget
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/standard-gb-energy#paper
>>
Soooooo speaking of pummeler, any possible way it could be playable on modern?
>>
>>53681211
I don't think so. The energy support cards just aren't good enough for Modern.
>>
>>53681211
Pummeler in modern is just worse infect
>>
File: kep or mul.jpg (422KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kep or mul.jpg
422KB, 1600x1200px
>>53654735
i run one of those mountains

>>53654095
>Cheeri0s
how are you faring?
>>
File: 20170607_200134.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170607_200134.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Keep or mull?
>>
>>53681618
Concede.
Keep.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>53652616
>playing
Combo, either demonic pact or immortal coil win condition.
>hating
I may be lucky, but I've done well with it, so nothing really.
>brewing
Thought about G/W aggro, still debating.
>meta thoughts
Some of it's dumb in my opinion, but I'll trust the 'experts'.

Also: Mull or Keep?
>>
>>53681708
Without knowing how you set up your combo, I can't really say.
>>
>>53681708
That hand looks like it literally does nothing for several turns, so I'm going to say mull
>>
File: gadsden6.jpg (43KB, 490x306px) Image search: [Google]
gadsden6.jpg
43KB, 490x306px
>play UW control
>sit across from guy with a force of will play mat and blue dragonshield sleeves
>first hand is path condemn verdict Gideon logic knot land land
>mull because I expect a control mirror
>find 6 card hand with snap negate think twice land land land, keep it
>OPP is playing fucking burn
>>
>>53681922
kek
>>
>>53681922
That's what you get for making baseless assumptions
>>
>>53681922
>blue sleeves for burn
Glad I'm not the only one
>>
File: riseandfall.jpg (33KB, 310x223px) Image search: [Google]
riseandfall.jpg
33KB, 310x223px
>>53652616
>playing

Grixis Control

>hating

Tron

>brewing

Just improvements to Grixis Control really

>Metagame thoughts

I feel it's alright now. Unban Jace though
>>
>>53682555
>unban jace
You wish blue cuck. Next you're gonna be telling me that counterpell, daze and FoW are balanced for modern.
>>
>>53682726
Nah. I don't think those are necessary

I feel like they might as well unban Jace to see what happens. It's been a long time since it got banned and I really doubt it would be that oppressive in the current meta.
>>
I'm choosing a deck for the upcoming PPTQ season. I'm trying to choose between four decks.

>Dredge
>W/B Eldrazi
>UR Storm
>Titanshift

I've played UR storm and titanshift before (when they were a bit different in the meta) but I'm worried about the death's shadow matchups. Hence why I'm considering dredge. I know that a lot of my modern meta will be death's shadow but not sure what I want to play.

Thoughts on this?
>>
>>53682850
play dredge, i'm playing storm right now and i would rather play dredge if i was going to large tournaments
>>
>>53684085
cool, will do then. thanks for your input.
>>
>>53684090
if you do decide on storm, in a deaths shadow meta i would play maindeck blood moons and 2 empties and 1 grapeshot main compared to 2 grapeshot 1 empty
>>
>>53652616
>Have
Junk Midrange
Bant Eldrazi
Affinity
Merfolk

I'm considering dissembling Junk and Bant Eldrazi, then building Jund (DSJ or midrange, not sure), Vizier Company, and Eldrazi Tron. Worth it?
>>
>>53681922
Lmao. I bet your opponent actually did that on purpose so that he could get free wins against scrubs like you
>>
Got half a booster box of eldritch as a kickback from a buddy should I crack them and selll the singles or hold onto them
>>
>>53684777
From a purely financial standpoint, you should just sell the unopened backs if you can get market value.

Other than that, do what you want with them. I'd say draft with them if you can find people to do it with.
>>
>>53684848
I just feel weird about selling packs to people but that would make me like 45 bucks really quick
>>
>>53681708
Tell me more.

>>53682829
Does anyone have any LGSs or groups that pretend to ban or unban cards for meta experimentation purposes?
>>
>>53684932
The closest I've seen is no ban-list Modern and the shitty troll Modern that Des came up with that one store did.
>>
>>53684951
MNBL is the most fun I've ever had I think.
>>
>>53652616
>Playing
Norin Sisters still Because because it's fun and wins games.
>Hating
Still Tron but luckily the meta at my LGS is Jund based decks so I do just fine
>Brewing
This stupid shit
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zombie-funtimes/
>Metagame Thoughts
There needs to be better answers to Tron, that's for sure. All we really have is Stony Silence and Ghost Quarter. Other than that the meta is perfectly fine; especially since we all know WoTC are definitely gonna ban another key part of Storm soon, as they do
>>
File: BorosReckoner.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
BorosReckoner.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>53673806
>>
>>53685939
Why would you want to ban storm?
>>
>>53686381
Nothing against Storm personally, I just know it's going to have a key card banned again because Wizards hates it with a passion.
>>
>>53653611
what is leyline?
>>
>>53687691
A card that only sees play from combo decks and the occasional Lantern Control and not because of Burn.
>>
>>53681922
>play UW control
>sleeved in red
>>
File: veryidiot.png (348KB, 1188x798px) Image search: [Google]
veryidiot.png
348KB, 1188x798px
BLUESTAFF WW@
>>
>>53688526
Lmao
>>
File: Jund Hackblade.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Jund Hackblade.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
Why is it that hybrid mana hasn't been seen in such a long time?
>>
>>53688526
Very idiot
>>
File: 87.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
87.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>53689202
It was in khans block. Banana man for example.
>>
>>53689202
Debut in Ravnica (2005)
First return in Llorwyn/Shadowmoor (2007)
Second return in Alara (2008)
Third return in Return to Ravnica (2012)
Fourth return in Khans (2014)
Current Year (2017)
>>
>>53689474

Good point, but as far as I am aware, it was never in the mana cost though, only on activated abilities. Can't think of a counter-example.
>>
>>53689202
Guess that I'm pulling out of my ass: Battle for Zendikar, Shadows over Innistrad, and Kaladesh blocks all had a heavy emphasis on colorless (Eldrazi and artifact), which can already slot into multiple colors. Hybrid mana costs would have been overkill.
>>
File: art+id+134051+Vendilion+Clique.jpg (203KB, 1000x624px) Image search: [Google]
art+id+134051+Vendilion+Clique.jpg
203KB, 1000x624px
page 10 save
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
My time is now
>>
>>53695900
Bugger off ye cunt
>>
File: unban-sfm.jpg (30KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
unban-sfm.jpg
30KB, 400x462px
>>53695900
Keep dreaming that dream anon... keep dreaming that dream.
>>
>>53696148
SFM wouldn't break the meta. Jitte would though.
>>
>>53696176
You can say it all you like, but it isn't gonna happen.
>>
Say SFM were to come back, what would the be the best sword to run?
>>
>>53696216
The sword of kill this general. It's the same conversations repeated forever
>>
>>53680452
Despite my deck having a positive winrate vs Jund/grixis death shadow, DnT is a huge taxing thorn in it's side
>>
>>53680452
You start by adding Eldrazi to the list. Standard DnT is not good enough in modern
>>
>playing
merfolk
>hating
Lantern/Affinity (both awful matchups)
>brewing
Really just wish modern Delver was a thing
>Metagame thoughts
Getting ready for GP Vegas next week - expecting loads of tron/burn/affinity/dredge
Probably lots of death's shadow too?
>>
>>53697389
>modern Delver
It's called Death's Shadow ;)
>>
>>53697492
Yeah yeah I know - I'm just super partial to Delver haha
If I had the means to play Death's shadow i would but y'know modern is expensive
>>
>>53697492
Playing black is for brainlets
>>
>>53697813
So is playing blue.
>>
>>53697833
>>53697813
But UB so fun
>>
>>53697833
Lmao spoken like a true brainlet
>>
>>53698017
Only blue-fags think playing blue makes them better at Magic than others.

Just one more reason why we make them sit over in the corner of shame here in Modern.
>>
>>53698043
Well memed baby brain
>>
>>53697813
>>53698017
>>53698265
Summer is here folks.
>>
>>53698326
>t. brainlet
>>
>>53698326
Fuck outta here with this dumb shit. This board doesn't experience summer lmao. Go back to /v/
If anything you're the new fag. This general has always been garbage
>>
>>53664942
What turn 3 infinite mana combo?
>>
>>53699884
Devoted Druid + vizier of remedies
>>
>>53654735
That one but white boardered to find it easier when looking for basic lands
>>
>playing
dredge and burn
>hating
eldrazi tron
>brewing
goblins / big red
>metagame thoughts
I enjoy it
>>
LEAKED BANLIST UPDATE

BLOODBRAID ELF UNBANNED
STONEFORGE MYSTIC UNBANNED

TRON LANDS BANNED
>>
>>53701123
please plug up your ass
>>
As a counter company deck how to I beat death's shadow? I lost to both grixis and jund shadow tonight.
>>
>>53701158
Voice is really good at mucking up a boardstate, unfortunately it does fuckall for the actual combo part of the deck.
Scooze can help too, but 2 Voice in the sideboard, or even mainboard if you so choose, could be good
>>
>>53701149
tron players btfo
>>
>>53701123
>tron lands banned
That'd be the funniest thing to happen to this dumb game in a long time
>>
>>53701123
ayy lmao

Your waifus will never be unbanned.
>>
>>53701123
Many pro's have remarked that they think modern is the best it's ever been right now. we probably won't see any ban list changes for a long time or at-least until they print some broken shit again
>>
>>53701123
t. BGx player
>>
Fairgrounds Warden or Fiend Hunter as a one-of in Counters Company? Warden is objectively better, but I hate looking at the art.
>>
>>53702044
>Warden is objectively better
Not if you have any flicker effects in your deck.

You can also sac Fiend Hunter in response to his trigger to permanently exile something.
>>
>playing
Jund and Burn

>hating
Hard control decks. Then again I always have

>brewing
Spicy Jund tech

>Metagame thoughts
I feel with the downswing in the power level of Lightning Bolt and Jund in general, Bloodbraid Elf could totally be unbanned to give them a 4-drop to compete with Seige Rhino.
>>
>>53702044
Honestly I prefer the art of Warden in some decks, but you're in luck in that Fiend Hunter has upside in a deck with Seer >>53703107
>>
>>53703186
>letting Jund go back to insane value town
nope.jpg
>>
>>53703613
>>53703107
Hunter can also target your own creatures, say you CoCo in response to a removal spell with Hunter targetting your own guy, then later saccing him to get your dude back
>>
>>53703186
How about we give decks other than GBx 4 drops that can compete? Maybe even 1, 2 and 3 drops while we're at it
>>
File: DUDE MEMES LMAO.jpg (390KB, 1345x792px) Image search: [Google]
DUDE MEMES LMAO.jpg
390KB, 1345x792px
memes
>>
>>53704872
Pathetic really
>>
File: blue diablo finds SOJ.jpg (21KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
blue diablo finds SOJ.jpg
21KB, 400x266px
>>53704938
dont be a salty bitch rofl
>>
File: Seasonspast.jpg (58KB, 730x280px) Image search: [Google]
Seasonspast.jpg
58KB, 730x280px
Cards you wish were viable in modern?

For me, it is Seasons Past the most fun of recursion spells.
>>
File: tezzerets-touch.png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
tezzerets-touch.png
139KB, 223x311px
>>53705289
Tezzeret's Touch. It's ensoul artifact with recursion. How is that not the most awesome thing ever?
>>
Why didn't they let modern get sanctum prelate and recruiter of the guard?

Will white ever be anything but sideboard material and lingering souls/pte?
>>
File: MS20160615_icon.jpg (150KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
MS20160615_icon.jpg
150KB, 768x432px
Alright guys, I'm putting together Sun and Moon/WR Prison. I already had Chalices and other bits. What combination of planeswalkers do you like in general? There's some variance across successful lists I've seen. Meta has a bit of Tron, and a fair bit of Affinity/DS.
Is new Gideon a meme? Is Koth? I'd like to hear ant experiences with the deck since Amonkhet
>>
>>53706485
Nahoho, Chandra, Ajani and some form of Gideon are all solid
>>
>>53664942
more like a turn 3 instant speed combo that taps down a land
>>
>>53706485
>Meta has a bit of Tron
so don't play r/w prison then
>>
>>53697389
Playing copter in the list?
>>
>>53674179
So "losing the game because you're playing a bad deck" doesn't count as removal now?
>>
>>53706455
>Why didn't they let modern get sanctum prelate and recruiter of the guard?
Because cards only enter Modern through Standard.
>>
UG or RG?
>>
>>53709727
RG
>>
>>53709727
RG imho tbph
>>
>>53709727
GRU
>>
>>53709912
Treasure Cruise is banned.
>>
>>53698651
He's not wrong
>waaah tron needs to be banned >they need to unban xyz (usually Jace, sfm, and twin)
>Stahp net decking
>why is modern so expensive/why are wizards Jews
>waaah death shadow is broken
>btiching about some prison card (bridge, blood moon etc)
>x color players are the worst
Throw in some shitty homebrew lists and about a dozen useful or interesting posts and you have every modern general ever.

Unrelated Mirran crusader seems insane in the meta right now.
>>
>>53709992
There's shitposting and then there's shitposting that's at least related to the thread.

If you're going to kick me in the nuts, at least try to look cool while you do it.
>>
File: for what reason.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
for what reason.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
Post genuinely awful cards.
>>
>>53710595
>not sacking a shit basic for a sweet cloud post
>>
Maybe this is off topic but I wonder if it has happened to anyone here... I have built a Grixis delver deck over a long time, it cost me money and all... But recently I got completely uninterested in MtG for reasons unrelated to the game itself (Uni and other stuff) and don't even feel like going to FNM. Should I just keep the cards in the basement or try sell them?
>>
>>53710819
Well real life has to come first, if you need to sell them to, you know, live, then you should. If you don't need to sell them, then you should hold on to them.
>>
File: 235325.png (152KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
235325.png
152KB, 223x311px
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcement-week-coming-2017-06-08

>We are moving the B&R announcement up because Wednesday is going to be what you would traditionally think of as Announcement Day
>we want to give this announcement its own day for you to discuss, dissect, and dive into.

It's either gonna be a Marvel ban or a Modern unban.

The last Standard top 8s weren't that bad and they already have way too many banned cards in Standard.

SFM unban confirmed.
>>
>>53708704
Wow you're so clever. Kill yourself, moron
>>
>>53710984
See >>53696148
>>
>>53711034
it's true though

>we want to give this announcement its own day for you to discuss, dissect, and dive into.

means that there will be at least one change
>>
>>53711045
Yes. That does not mean that SFM will be unbanned.
>>
ban fetches
>>
File: mox-opal.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
mox-opal.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>53711164
I am fine with this.
>>
>>53711064
It DOES imply that it's an announcement that'd be worth talking about. SFM, Jace, and BBE are the only possible unbans that I can think of where they might try, and would consider it a big enough deal, but not be totally ridiculous (like a Cloudpost unban).

If it IS an unban one of those three seems like the most likely.
>>
>>53652616
I remember everybody was mad about Elspeth saying she was shit planewalker in all senses, now that someone was able to use her she became both best planes and best waifu automatcally.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>53711238
Hint: It's going to be a ban.
>>
>>53655408
When I draft in my nearby stores I always ask if I have to return the lands or not, and they always say that I can keep them, dunno.

Do I look like a poorfag if I ask /tg/?
>>
>>53711318
Yes.
>>
>>53711275
Jesus christ, nobody cares about your waifu nonsense. Piss off
>>
>>53711761
Reminder that waifu nonsense is the only reason people keep asking for BBE and SFM unbans.
>>
File: Red green.jpg (139KB, 771x768px) Image search: [Google]
Red green.jpg
139KB, 771x768px
>>53709727
The answer should be obvious anon.
>>
>>53710595
>tfw lands will never be playable in modern
>>
File: joy.jpg (138KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
joy.jpg
138KB, 500x375px
>>53713752
This feel.

If you want to play a deck based around doing stuff with lands, there's always Titanshift and Amulet Titan.
>>
What are the best 5cmc hate creatures?
>>
>>53713836
>5cmc hate creature
None?
>>
>>53713836
By 5cmc a creature should be your win condition, not hate. Hatebears has occasionally run Sigarda.
>>
>>53700592
Are you playing the rainbow land version or fetch land? I'm thinking of putting it together, but not sure what version.
>>
>>53714062
Not that anon, But personally I like the rainbow version better. Lets you run a wider array of SB options and costs a lot less.
>>
>>53713830
I prefer oldschool RUG scapeshift with white splash.
>>
>>53713830
>there's always Titanshift and Amulet Titan.
Neither of those are anything like lands obviously besides being land based.

Reprint all Lands pieces and unban Punishing fire NOW
>>
>>53700592
Lemme see your Goblins/Big Red list(s)
>>
>>53714236
>Neither of those are anything like lands obviously besides being land based.
thatsthepoint.jpg
>Reprint all Lands pieces and unban Punishing fire NOW
Legacy general is that way: >>53690571
>>
>>53710819
>>53710913
This
If you need the money, just sell them off, you might be able to get even more for a completed deck, who knows.
If you don't need the money, hold onto it, because a lot of the pieces (like Thoughtseize) are going to gradually increase in price, as are the land bases. Watch the market though, and look out for reprint sets.
>>
I'm running Edlrazi and Taxes at fnm tonight. What do I do against bogles game 1? I have plenty of sideboard hate, but I can't think of any good ways of outracing it game 1.
>>
>can't play tonight because of work
God dammit, I miss having my friday nights
>>
>>53714308
Assuming you don't have sacrifice effects, I guess Thalia?
>>
>>53714308
Being on the play helps game 1 a lot
Turn 1 all you can do is Vial, but turn 2 you can look for an enchantment to remove and again on turn 3. If he has a bad hand you have a chance, but game 1 is rough.
>>
>>53653208
reality smasher has gotten so much worse. goyf and DS are both > 5/5
>>
>>53669191
i've been playing 2 glint nest cranes and 1 welding jar MB. it's really worth it
>>
>>53674312
i've been running 2. 4-0'd a tournament with it last night. it wears plating and gets buffed by signal pest. it can block if it needs to. thoughtcast doesn't do that
>>
File: em.jpg (37KB, 310x223px) Image search: [Google]
em.jpg
37KB, 310x223px
>>53711238
Twin is getting unbanned, nigger.
>>
>>53713836
Ingot chewed and shriekmaw
>>
File: 1491935432661.png (822KB, 1124x702px) Image search: [Google]
1491935432661.png
822KB, 1124x702px
>>53715121
>Wizards
>ever admitting a mistake until several years after fixing the mistake would even be relevant
>>
File: 49cSjcI.jpg (28KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
49cSjcI.jpg
28KB, 320x240px
>>53715239
>Twin ban
>a mistake
>>
I'm actually considering coming back to Modern because I'm sick of winning and losing based on matchups that are out of my control in Warmahordes. God I'd take Jund v Tron anyday over some of that bullshit.
>>
>>53715413
>sick of winning and losing based on matchups that are out of my control
To be fair, Modern also has sideboards. So it's probably a step up.
>>
>>53714803
Smasher is also amazing when you aren't playing against DSJ
>>
>>53715239
See >>53715376

Twin deserved what it got.
>>
Can someone eli5 Eldrazi Tron's popularity? The way I see it the deck has neither the consistency or over-the-top power of Gx nor the versatility of Bant which has access to EE and white's winthegame-bullets postboard. Over the course of a 6+ round tournament you can't keep having the nuts, right?
>>
>>53715376
>Twin was banned to encourage deck Diversity
>Death's shadow and Eldrazi decks Both make up portions of the meta just as big as Twin did
>still no bans from either deck
Unban Twin, and Ban Exarch, Boom everything is fine.
Twin only got so fucking popular because of retards on Reddit who hardly even knew how to pilot the deck. In fact the deck didn't even win the majority of Tournaments when it was legal. I don't even like Twin, I play burn, but even I am smart enough to realize that banning Twin and not Exarch was stupid.
>>
>>53715871
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/tier-1-modern/769015-colorless-eldrazi-tron
1.1 Discusses this.

Another theory I've heard is that Eldrazi Tron is closer to the Legacy version, so Legacy players who play Modern gravitate towards it.
>>
>>53715871
Basilisk Collar on Ballista stops Death's Shadow dead, and your sideboard plan can have cards like All is Dust, which stops Death's Shadow even deader.
>>
>>53715961
Oh god, what happened to MTGSalvation's UI
It looks fucking horrendous now.
>>
File: rtr-86-ash-zealot.jpg (230KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
rtr-86-ash-zealot.jpg
230KB, 672x936px
>>53704872

dude
>>
>>53716022
Don't look at me, I'm not even registered there.
>>
>>53715961
Clowning wins with Chalice makes sense, but it's not too great especially on turn two at the earliest I think.
>>53715973
This also makes sense, but other direct counters to DS like Dredge also have other great matchups across the board.
>>
>>53716047
I fucking love Ash Zealot so much, but I feel it doesn't have enough use in Modern.
It beats face against decks that use Snapcaster, sure, but decks that run snapcaster are bad due to the fact that they are blue. I guess it'd be good against Storm, but Eidolon hoses Storm much better.
>>
>>53716184

I mean, I realize you're going for the prowess meme and that's fine, but I think you'd get more of her than from seeker of the way for example
>>
Am I blind, or has the mainphasemtg tier list vanished?
>>
>>53710984
>twin unbanning confirmed
>>
New thread
>>53716912
>>53716912
>>
>>53716919
kill yourself
>>
>>53716919
Fuck off, will you?
>>
>>53716919
Fuck off.
>>
>>53716557
Man, I`d like to see birthing pod unban. What on earth did IT do that was so ban worth. Certainly not as pervasive as Twin, or as powerful as some cards see play today.
>>
>>53717147
"Over the past year, Birthing Pod decks have won significantly more Grand Prix than any other Modern decks and compose the largest percentage of the field. Each year, new powerful options are printed, most recently Siege Rhino. Over time, this creates a growing gap between the strength of the Pod deck and other creature decks. Pod won five of the twelve Grand Prix over the past year, including winning the last two. The high percentage of the field playing Pod suppresses decks, especially other creature decks, that have an unfavorable matchup. In the interest of supporting a diverse format, Birthing Pod is banned."

It was replaced by coco, so I don't really see the problem.
>>
>>53717291
>>53717291
>>53717291
>>53717291

Actual new thread ignore the custom card faggot who's been trying to spam his shit in the OP
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.