[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 677
Thread images: 79

File: 1429025372198.jpg (145KB, 488x650px)
1429025372198.jpg
145KB, 488x650px
What would Guilliman's mother say? Edition

>Previous Bread
>>53641952

>Leaks:
https://mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata
>>
>>53646620
Waaaagh?
>>
Will the Primaris marines in Dark Imperium be at all helpful towards a Blood Angels or Space Wolves list?
>>
A squad of acolytes all with storm bolters accompanied by a similarly armed Inquisitor holding a back objective. Good idea, or should I give them all plasma?
>>
File: 1490786599210.png (865KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
1490786599210.png
865KB, 720x718px
>>53646620
Buying some orks in a few hours
For 140 dollary-doos, what should I grab deal?
Was thinking of grabbing a weirdboy and some burnerboys, good idea or nah?
>>
>>53646694
Primarines have limited Fighting options, but if you need guns or objective cappers, they're somewhat okay.
>>
>>53646739
>low model count high-cost unit
>good objective cappers
>>
>>53646620
How good are GSC Acolytes vs Neophytes?
>>
>>53647088
Why did GW make their new units such shit?
>>
>>53647104
They're not really shit, they're just not great. They're mediocre, while everyone expected them to be way better than regular marines, so the difference in reality vs perception made them seem shittier than they actually are.
>>
>>53647104
If the book they just released is anything to go by GW was trying to make it so bolt rifle squads worked together with the special weapon squads in pairs.
>>
>>53647135
It's like they actually tried to balance things so everything is "mediocre" instead of a few really good spammable units.
>>
>>53647175
Yeah but the problem is these guys don't have a defined role. They're just Space Marines with some slightly tweaked numbers, but those numbers tend to be disadvantageous for them compared to regular marines.
>>
do you guys think the synergy between poxwalkers and typhus's passive will be strong? they'd be unshiftable in melee from objectives
>>
>>53646620
So what do you guys think of 8th so far? I remain cautiously optimistic. I'm fine with most units bring simplified and mediocre as long as everything's viable and the cheese is gone
>>
>>53647104
To soften the blow to Marinelet players.
>>
Regarding multiwound weapons what is the correct order of play?

To hit, to wound, roll number of wounds
To hit, roll d6 wound dice
>>
I doubt the Primaris marines will be allowed to stagnate for long, if they aren't competitive you can bet that GW will tweak the points down a bit.

I'd like them to fit into niche roles in wider SM lists rather than be hyper-competitive by themselves
>>
>>53647236
Hit, wounds, save, damage.
>>
>>53647224
The general consensus seems to be positive so far, it's far more streamlined and balanced than 7th
>>
>>53647236
The term is "damage", separate that from "wounds" to avoid confusion.

You roll to hit, you roll to wound, the opponent allocates wounds, he takes his saves, for failed saves you roll damage.
>>
>>53646620
Does anyone actually use electro priests? I never see them in any batreps. Are they any good? Will they be good in 8th? Thinking about starting a Cult Mechanicus army.
>>
>>53647265
They were bad in 7e but they're looking much better in 8e.
>>
>>53647245

Okay that's pretty worrying, makes it hard to justify 25 points on a strength 6 weapon
>>
>>53647265
They were trash in 7th, they are STUPIDLY good now.
>>
>>53647295

Why? My buddy says they're bad
>>
>>53647295
those are the aztechno raver priests with the hellboy rasputin gauntlets and not the rave sticks right? I think it'd be pretty cool to make an assault focused list admech with them and skiitari vanguard
>>
>>53647334

Your buddy is shit and has probably played less than 10 games, if he's even played at all.
>>
>>53647334
Has your buddy seen the brand new rules or is he still thinking of 7th edition?
>>
>>53646620
Does this game look fun?

I used to play as Eldar way back until the the 6th ed book came out, but they became really boring to play, much too point-and-click-to-win for my liking. Also fuck all those giant toy robots.

How's the new edition looking?
>>
>>53647350

He's been playing since he was 12 and is now 29.
>>
>>53647353

He has a tendency to be stuck in the past (constantly quoting
4th/5th edition as the good old days). Why are they good? Explain it to me
>>
>>53647365
We're talking about 8th edition you clueless mong.

It's a completely different game. It is literally just now coming out. All the rules are different. Everything is different. Your buddy doesn't know shit about it apparently.
>>
>>53647372
in 7th they could use canticles of the electromancer to get like 9 attacks each in assault with the ability to shoot on top of that
>>
File: IMG_20170606_043439.jpg (82KB, 715x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170606_043439.jpg
82KB, 715x475px
Do warp talons get 3 attacks?
>>
>>53647372
Mortal wounds! Mortal wounds everywhere!
>>
>>53647397
I think so.
>>
>>53647397
This is the same argument Tyranid players are having about scything talons. The consensus is no, it's just +1 attack. The wording is bad but will probably be FAQ'd very soon.
>>
>>53647397
Yes, until the FAQ says no. Fortunately the game isn't released yet, so we can have fun debating leaks for awhile
>>
>>53647397
No, I'm fairly sure they don't
>>
>>53647423
What would be the point of dual wielding if they didn't get the extra attack?
Neara s I can tell Lightning Claws and Chainswords are the only things that benefit from dual wielding though.
>>
>>53647386

Easy on the hostility friend! I know we're talking 8th I thought you meant in general he hasn't played any games.
>>
>>53647454
Because dual-wielding is the only way to get the extra 1 attack. It doesn't go from +0 to +2.
>>
Is it generally allowed for someone to proxy a similar looking model as a special character? For example, if I were to proxy the Dark Vengeance company master as Azrael, since Azrael's official model looks like shit.
>>
>>53647473
>each time the bearer fights with this weapon he gets +1 attack
Actually I think we're both wrong, the fight phase section in the leaked rulebook states you dedicate attacks from the models amongst their weapons, so it is only +1 attack for standard Warp Talons since they can only dedicate the attack to one Lightning Claw, Champion has two attacks though so he can dedicate one to each claw and get +1 for each attack right?
>>
>>53647487

You're not required to use a character's official model. As long as the replacement model is reasonable, such as the proper base size, wearing the same armor type, has the proper weapons, etc. it's fine.
>>
>>53647487
It's down to who you are playing against and where. Personally I have never really encountered any problems with proxy models. As long as they are about the same size, look warhammer'ish and it is clearly stated before the game what that particular model is proxying for.
>>
>>53647497
>>53647503
Well they both have the exact same wargear and have incredibly similar looking helmets so I guess it's fine.
>>
>>53647372

There's no point in explaining to you why they're good because if you can't tell from first glance, you clearly haven't even attempted to learn how the new edition works.

That's like trying to explain to someone why rain is wet when they refuse to touch water.
>>
>>53647397
It says he has two, and each one says they grant 1 additional attack with this weapon. So if this and that weapon both add an additional+1, sure.
Just remember you're paying for two claws and not one on the unit price
>>
>>53647494
The wording is a bit obtuse, so I'm going to come down on the side of "maybe, probably not".
>>
>>53647494

If you read the index leaks, the lightning claw entry changes to "if the model has two lightning claws they make make an extra attack with them", or something like that.
>>
>>53647511

I don't play whatever army uses electro priests, I remembered my friend saying "they've failed with this edition, electropriests are still shit" and thought the wise minds of tg could elucidate the subject for me.
>>
>>53647397
Yes. They specifically have two lightning claws.
>>
File: HAHAHAHA.jpg (189KB, 500x709px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHA.jpg
189KB, 500x709px
Prepare to get your skulls reaped, filthy xenos and corpse-god worshipers.
>>
>>53647523

So you haven't even bothered to look at electro priests yourself yet you refuse to believe people who have just because they contradict the opinion of your admittedly negative and nostalgic, and most likely completely shit at the game friend.

Thanks for telling us things we already knew.
>>
>>53647533

I never contradicted you! I simply asked why are they good adding that my only source on the matter was a friend who said they were bad, I was genuinely only asking for a snapshot of what makes them good and adding conversation to the matter. Why are you so angry friend?
>>
>>53647516
It is worded in an odd way.
>>53647522
I just checked the back of the Chaos Index for the Lightning Claws entry and you're correct, wonder why they worded it like that for Warp Talons though, it's pretty odd.
So 2 attacks for Talons and 3 for Champion, cool.
Chainsword still does it's cool thing thankfully.
>>
>>53647295
Eh, they still have to get into combat and I'm not sure how much more durable they are now compared to 7th. Their weapons are much better but until we actually get a transport I'll have to see them reliably getting into combat before I believe they are stupidly good.
>>
>>53647397
Yes. They make one additional attack with each lightning claw. The wording is extremely specific and any retard who says otherwise is a moron who needs to stop playing anything but narrative play
>>
Is there any reason why you'd take blasters over dark lances on scourges? Aside from the extra 20 points a squad.

Also, why would you pay 30 points for a disintegrator over dark lances? I don't get it.
>>
>>53647578
Considering they only have one attack base?

No. No they do not. Read the actual rulebook before casting stones
>>
Does Chaos or Orks not suck now?
>>
File: Untitled.png (173KB, 1368x173px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
173KB, 1368x173px
>>53647578
>The wording is extremely specific
>GW having good wording even if they try

lol
>>
>>53647616
Orks are hella good, Chaos seems to be solidly middle of the pack
>>
Any ideas on where to take a dark angels list that's using the shit from the 7th and 8th edition start sets?
>>
File: example.png (131KB, 1036x108px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
131KB, 1036x108px
Since we're on wording, what do you guys think the intent of phosphor weapons in admech is?

They all use the lower profile except the Onager Dunecrawler which has the top one on it's profile but in the wargear list it uses the same one all the other phosphor weapons do.
>>
>>53647578
wut? they have one base attack, you don't get extra attacks if you have 2 cc weapon in 8th and lighting claw add 1 attack, so they have 2. As ork boyz have 3 attack with a choppa
>>
>>53647618
I think the issue is more to do with how the rulebook itself is worded - it needs to be FAQ'd to read "If a model has more than one melee weapon WITH DIFFERENT PROFILES", yadda yadda yadda.

Still, this is one of those little things that seem to be a reason why the Indexes were sent out for general perusal, so that GW can toss out an FAQ on day one of the actual release of 8th
>>
File: Dire Avengers Exarch.jpg (149KB, 499x432px) Image search: [Google]
Dire Avengers Exarch.jpg
149KB, 499x432px
Not sure if I wanna do close combat Eldar or Wraith mixed shooty/melee in 8th as a new army.
Anybody played 8th with Eldar already? If so, what did you field and how did it play?
>>
>>53647651
No, re-read the warp talon rules. they make an extra attacks with EACH lighting claw, so get +2
>>
>>53647650
Both wordings just say enemy units don't gain a bonus to their saves from cover. They're both functionally the same.
>>
File: Aw snap.png (138KB, 632x662px) Image search: [Google]
Aw snap.png
138KB, 632x662px
Welp.
>>
>>53647667
I played against Eldar. 3 Wave serpents constantly flying over my shit to charge and lock my heavier units into combat and their special shields that reduce multi-damage hits by -1 to a minimum of 1 adds a lot to their survivability.
>>
>>53647703
and so begins the Guilliman Heresy
>>
>>53647703
everyone already knew this. stop trying to make it like a big revelation
>>
>>53646694
having used them in some test games, I gotta say the primaris incessors (their version of tac marines) are about on par with an actual tac marine squad, but slightly more powerful. The Hellblaster squad is a fun way to get 5 two wound plasma gun duders running around. Their jump pack interceptor guys are kinda garbage, I'm not sure I understand what their purpose it other than harassment. And the captain. That poor captain. He's kinda garbage.
>>
>>53647691
>"You can re-roll failed wound rolls with this weapon. Each time the bearer fights, it can make 1 additional attack with this weapon"

They have 1 attack base, so you are only assigning a single attack to a weapon. You then gain 1 extra attack with that weapon, for a total of 2.

There is an argument to be made for the Champion having 4 attacks using this particular rules wording, but the fact that the index entry for lightning claws is different implies that the weapon entry for the Talons is supposed to cover BOTH weapons.

Either way, you're objectively incorrect, both by RAW and RAI
>>
>>53647694
One implies only that weapon ignores cover the other is broad enough to mean that if you shoot it, they don't get cover against additional things.

The phosphor luminagen works like the latter in the current codex for Skitarii so I don't know if they are intending it to be a new version of that or simply just phosphor weapons themselves ignore cover.

I mean I'd probably lean toward the phosphor weapons just ignore cover since it just needs to attack to get the benefit, whereas currently they need to wound to reduce the cover against all sources for the turn.

It's a bit vague still and I'm uncertain what their intent is.
>>
>>53647691
no they make an extra attack with a lighting claw evrey time they fight. You have 1 attack, u do it with a lighting claw (not 2) and get one extra attack. stop. you don't fight with the 2 claw but only with one becouse you only have 1 attack base
>>
>>53647397
I want to say that this came up for nids in some faction focus and the answer is yes
>>
>>53647597
They may make an additional attack with their lightning claw each time they FIGHT, that is to say pile in etc in the fight sub-phase. There is no reason only one lightning claw would trigger its ability but not the other.
>>
>>53647423
You're fucking autistic as shit kiddo.
>>
>>53647494
It never worked like that.
Finger crossed for FAQ telling us Talons entry is correct and they have 3A, than They are great, if not meh they are ok.
>>
>>53647742
see you need to READ
> Each time the bearer fights
not
> Each time the bearer fights with this weapon
same with abby's sword
>>
>>53647745
I feel like you're looking too much into it though a clarification from GW would be nice. If it stopped it from getting any bonus from cover it would probably specify "for the rest of the phase"
>>
>>53647703
What did you expect? Something else would have been utter garbage. This had been hinted over and over again as this guy >>53647734
says. It is actually nice to see GW sticking to it. At least they did not fuck up this piece of lore
>>
>>53647768
I do hope the Warp Talons entry is correct I have 5 Talons I'd like to use them as Talons instead of proxying them as Raptors.
Also do Warp Talons benefit from Greater Daemons bubble buffs?
>>
>>53647809
Why yes, yes they certainly do! They have both the keywords necessary
>>
>>53647809
I don't believe so as they don't have the demon faction and that's what buffs look at.
>>
>>53647769
Rly? it's the same in this case. You have one attack, use your lighting claw, get that extra attack with the same lighting claw and nothing else. You fight onece per model per fight phase.
>>
>>53647753
yeah but in the back of the book it clearly states that it's only the case when a model is armed with 2 lightning claws

it's one of those things that needs to be faq-ed
i fully expect it to go the way of 2 claws = 1 extra attack. Untill that point it's open for interpretation however
>>
>>53647742
>They have 1 attack base, so you are only assigning a single attack to a weapon.
If you have 2 difrent weapons you mong, this isnt hard stop making it. If a weapon have special ability to grant u +1A it dosnt matter if you have 3 or 15A.
>>53647753
Same moron here....there was a wepon that give D6 attacks, so if I have 1A base I cant get more than +1A cuz magic?
Untill we get FAQ there is no 100%, Talons might be better at LC or that entry have mistake.
>>
>>53647809
I want them to be good since I dont like Raptors being 1A base. They can shoot with pistols in combat If I got this correctly but It would be just easier to give them 2A base. I dont want to buy PW if I get 1 lousy attack.
>>
Chaos spawn seem pretty good, only 33 points too. How do they compare to possessed?
>>
>>53647265
At least fulgurites looks taaty in the 8th edition.
>>
>>53647852
That's not how it works, dipshit, read the rulebook.

>If a model has more than one melee weapon, choose which ne it will use before rolling the dice. If a model has more than one melee weapon and can make several close combat attacks, it can split its attacks between these weapons

So yes, it does actually matter, if a model has only one attack, it can only assign an attack to one of its weapons.

IF it turns out that the additional attacks are gained without assigning, cool! They get 3 attacks base, and I'll be a happy camper - I want Talons to be good just as much as the next Chaosfag, but the wording isn't clear on it, so I'm going to be assuming the less-amazing interpretation until GW actually FAQ's it.
>>
>>53647890
Much better.
>>
>>53647828
They have the Daemon keyword and you can mark them to align them to a god, so they should benefit from Herald's and other greater daemons.
>>
>>53647913
Yeah you're right they don't seem to discriminate between faction and regular when it comes to buffs.
>>
>>53647872
Raptors are pretty good for the price, they get 2 attacks from chainswords plus pistols, and the Fearsome Visage ability. They won't exactly be winning any awards for best assault unit, but they're good value for points.
>>
>>53647919
I think either it's intended for Warp Talons to benefit from Greater Daemons either for Daemonkin shenanigans or using them in a Chaos army allying Marines and Daemons, or it'll get FAQ'd really quick.
>>
>>53647260
Give it 3 months. Hordes will dominate tables and 8th ed will rear its ugly head.
>>
>>53646697
Save your points bro.
>>
>>53647906
It's pretty god damn fucking clear you retarded sack of shit.

Learn how english works.
>>
So is this the right time to switch to orks and avoid all this skub the numarines are raising?

I will finish my sw army nonetheless but y'know, while the rules are good i don't really like the new models
>>
>>53647909
Woo its finally spawn edition!15 spawns here I come
>>
>>53647890
Unless you're bringing deamons along, go with the spawns.
>>
>>53647703

This makes me wonder about what happened when Alicia and crew visited Big E during Vandire's time. What really has me going is that Big E sent them to end his reign, which leads me to believe that Emps WANTED the sisters to be a thing, especially since he's clearly empowering then and obviously empowering Celestine.
>>
>>53647936
Until the next point balancing.

>>53647945
Yup, I'm fielding 5 of them, myself.
>>
>>53647559
>Just convert for om the AoS khorneflakes.
Might as well do this. If GW ever does a new Berzerkers kit, it will look like AoS anyways
>>
>>53646712
Both good choices, and gives you Loota guns which you can just whack on some random Boyz for more dakka.
>>
I think the best part about 8E is it literally made all the shit units that nobody took/people wanted to take but got punished heavily for taking super good (Harlequins, Electro Priests, Tyranids, Orks, random shitty marine units, etc) and simultaneously made the most hated lists completely impossible or shit (Riptide Wing, Riptides, Eldar lists, Tzeentch summon spam, deathstars, invisibility).

Probably the only offender that got out unscathed is Necrons, although they managed to keep their shit on the down low near the end of 7E, being overshadowed by Tau and Eldar.
>>
>>53647957
Counts as or can they actually use Loota Guns?
>>
>>53647952
> Until the next point balancing.
So mid 2018, at best.
>>
>>53647963
Crons aren't as obnoxious either as they lost the big boosting formations.
>>
>>53647963
GW wants to sell the less popular models. Surprising.
>>
>>53647906
WEAPON GRANTS +1A
Its donst matter how many base A model have.
Thus 2x of this weapon grants 2x A.

Thats math, you are just dumb.
>>
>>53647890
Spawn are the fucking tits.
>>
>>53647703
where's this from
>>
>>53647970
Well, they would just be Lootas. There's nothing special about Loota Boyz other than their guns.
>>
>>53647890
>>53647945

There is just one thing:
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY GIFT OF CHAOS SPELL???
I want to run my old list of Lost and Damned with bunch of wizzards turning everything in to spawns....I want to see again that rage and despair on opponent face when I turn his ripped Tyrant in to hungry mass of flesh.
Dark Gods hear me!
>>
I'm looking to trade an unopend Tourax for some unbuilt gaurd. How many is a good trade? 20?
>>
>>53647986
First Chapter aproved is out at December.
>>
>>53648035
Why are you ditching your Taurox? I haven't looked, but aren't they meant to be good this edition?
>>
>>53648035
Keep the taurox you idiot
>>
How are Dark Eldar going to fare this edition?
>>
>>53647703

It's fine, because the Emperor doesn't see himself as human either. He isn't selfish, he isn't self-preserving or self-aggrandizing or self-seeking. He does what he does for mankind. He holds his Primarchs to the same standards as he does himself. That is why he refused to be worshipped and refused godhood.
>>
>>53648044
>>53648039

I have 2, I built one but I want more guard to use as Vets, I have extra Scion heads that I can use. I just didn't want to fork over more $ for them.
>>
I know everyone is saying hordes will dominate 8e, but I'm not convinced.
>Tyranid hordes are countered by any long ranged weapons that can nuke their synapse creatures
>Conscript and Ork Boy hordes are countered by snipers
Just toss some Ratlings, Scout Snipers, or a couple Vindicares into your list and you'll be fine.
>>
>>53648002
Unless you aren't actually using that weapon. So, say, you get charged. You get 1 attack base, you shoose one claw to fight with and get 1 additional attack from it. If you charge, you get +1 a for charging and split 1 attack for each claw and get +1a for each. We don't get additional attack for two weapons, right?
>>
>>53648068
Taurox primes with gatling are pure gold, trust me and keep it, it will do much more than his points in veterans. I'm looking to buy 5 just to put it in perspective
>>
>>53647703
Everyon know the only thing the Emps cared about was humanity. Space marines are not humans

The only Primarch he actually liked was sanguinius
>>
>>53648047

Relatively well for the most part, however, they will struggle against conscript spam because they don't have mean to snipe off characters like Commissars nor do they have the sheer numbers to efficiently chew through 50 bodies because they always wound on 4+. However, Razorwings have good potential for blasting away chunks of mobs, so maybe we'll start seeing them.
>>
Dark Imperium novel scans pls
>>
>>53648077
Correct, except that models no longer gain +1A for charging

The main point of contention seems to be in the wording of the additional attacks - "Each time the bearer fights..."

Are these gained regardless of if the weapon is assigned to make attacks? We currently don't actually have an answer, though anons are arguing until blue in the face one way or the other.
>>
>>53648077

It's not really clear, but some weapons have wording that seems to imply you get +1A with the weapon just for possessing it, even if you don't swing with it.

GW needs to FAQ and make the wording more universal.
>>
File: 1494259784818.jpg (1MB, 939x974px) Image search: [Google]
1494259784818.jpg
1MB, 939x974px
>>53648076
>tfw no snipers
I know only 1 recourse
>>
>>53648104
>they don't have a means to snipe off characters
Yes they do. Its called a Solitaire.
>>
Is there a trick to the new deployment rules?
>>
>>53648128
Is it "KILL, MAIM, and/or BURN!"?
>>
>>53646620
What's a good secondary colour for a primarily turquoise Space Marine scheme? I liked the look of purple shoulder pads (think Xereus Purple/old Liche Purple) on some test pics, but it's a very "cold" scheme. Only way I could think of to add some warmth was to add reddish-orange details (eyes, purity seals, etc.), but outside of models with capes, the red areas would be so sparse that they wouldn't have much of an impact.
>>
>>53648135
the former and latter
occasionally the middle
>>
>>53648138
White
>>
>>53648138
Gold is nice.
>>
>>53648146
It's always good to have a bit of variety in life
>>
>>53648131
>Solitaire.

[Vietnam flashbacks]
>>
>>53647531
Meeeh. Get back to me when your models get good, 21st century sculpts.
>>
>>53648138

Turquoise and purple looks like shit

Sometimes the color theory pie lies to you
>>
>>53648128
Did that artist just copy the Khorne Berzerker illustration from the 6th edition CSM Codex? I think they did.
>>
File: 4th War for Armageddon.jpg (654KB, 888x888px) Image search: [Google]
4th War for Armageddon.jpg
654KB, 888x888px
>>53647531
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6RP6FTXaPk
>>
>>53648166

I used to think the old CSM shit looked terrible but they're growing on me. They would look good if they simply updated the details and proportions to modern standards.
>>
File: 1496348089540.png (276KB, 684x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1496348089540.png
276KB, 684x1169px
>>53648128
>>53648185

Calm down, boys.
>>
File: 1496074377598.jpg (824KB, 1029x691px) Image search: [Google]
1496074377598.jpg
824KB, 1029x691px
Is anyone starting a new faction/army in the new edition? Which ones and why?

What do you think the strongest/weakest armies will be?
>>
File: IMG_0053.jpg (47KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0053.jpg
47KB, 600x620px
>>53648138
Black and/or gold
>>
>>53648197

Weakest army is Craftworld.
>>
File: 1489138947991.gif (521KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1489138947991.gif
521KB, 320x180px
>>53648131
>Dark Ekdar
>Solitaire
>>
>>53648197
Orks for strongest.
>>
>>53648076
Orks don't care about snipers. Oh no my painboy is dead. I only have 90 more boyz left in your face, whatever will I do?
>>
>>53647996
ah yess
let me just put some rough riders in my chopping cart
oh wait
>>
>>53648197
I'm thinking about ditching my spess wulfs and start collecting an infantry-heavy ork army

Not really planning on playing to win anyway, but i don't really like the primaris models except for the tacticals
>>
>>53648197

>"""""starting"""""

It's more along the lines of "I have a pile of dark eldar that has been slowly growing over the course of a year and now I'm finally working on it for a change" as opposed to starting a new army.
>>
>>53648230
>ditches cheese of the month SW now that they suck for new cheese of the month orks
>not really planning on playing to win

You're not fooling anyone faggot
>>
>>53648227
>He can't kitbash
>>
File: IMG_0054.jpg (35KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0054.jpg
35KB, 600x620px
>>53648166
>>
>>53648242

Should put those on Primaris legs.
>>
>>53648252
Fug
>>
>>53647950
the worship is empowering , he probably noticed his powers where waning with vandire besmirching the rep of the church
he's rolling with the godhood now, since its what keeps him alive, preforming miracle trough the sisters to keep the faith in him
that's my interpretation anyway
>>
>>53648252
Chest won't fit.
>>
>>53648209
Harlequins were literally in the 5th ed. DE codex. Absolutely nothing stops any DE player from taking a Solitaire. He's their version of an Assassin at the very least.
>>
>>53648242
>that moldline
>>
>>53647936
>Give it 3 months. Hordes will dominate tables and 8th ed will rear its ugly head.
Good.

I'm sick of watching 1800 point games which involve 30 infantry models hiding inside 6 transports, with 4 other vehicles/flyers and some giant fuckoff titan that no-one can even scratch.

3rd edition was the best edition because it was before GW started pushing forgeworld shit into regulation lists.
>>
>>53648252
MkIII or MkIV legs would work well.
>>
>>53648147
>>53648153
I considered white, not 100% sure though. Experimented with gold trims too, which looked good with the purple shoulders, but I was thinking it might be too many colours if I used something like orange for eye lenses too.

>>53648189
I used to think they looked good in the days of the 3.5 CSM Codex, back when I first got into 40K. But they're REALLY begging for an update, since Chaos has moved into a more intricate, organic style with most of its armour decorations.

The current CSM kit looks more like loyalist SMs playing Chaos dress-up for Halloween than actual CSMs now, if you compare them to the Dark Vengeance stuff and new Thousand Sons.

>>53648170
> Turquoise and purple looks like shit

I think it depends on the shade of purple. A darker, more muted purple looks fine, just a bit too cold without something else for contrast. A brighter, richer purple looks like ass though.

>>53648242
Getting there, but feels like a half-done kit to me, especially since it only has one torso style. I hope they do what they've done with the TS and DG and bring Jes Goodwin's old WE designs into the 21st century. Lots of Mk V armour and shit.
>>
>>53648219
Yeah, losing the painboy isn't a huge deal, but losing a KFF, a Banner, a Weirdboy, or your Warboss could all be crippling.
That boy horde is a lot slower when it can't run and charge in the same turn, a lot less threatening without the extra attacks and bonus to hit, and much easier to mulch without the KFF.
>>
File: timeforKILLMAIMBURN.png (2MB, 751x1021px) Image search: [Google]
timeforKILLMAIMBURN.png
2MB, 751x1021px
>>53648185
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u78BwNuxD2c
>>
File: The Tree of Souls.jpg (1MB, 2249x1571px) Image search: [Google]
The Tree of Souls.jpg
1MB, 2249x1571px
>>53648192
Why? I will finally be free from bondage
>>
>>53648201
I like the gold, but I was thinking a shade closer to blue, like Sotek Green. FW's Sons of Horus are more of a teal, and the specific shade they use looks like barf to me.

>>53648290
World Eaters should use Mk V, IMO. Like the old Jes Goodwin art.
>>
>>53648119
>Correct, except that models no longer gain +1A for charging
Well, fuck.
But if it states "each time a bearer fights", you get the attacks. Just like Abbadon gets to test if he shanks his own ass every time he fights, even if he only uses the talon.
>>
>>53648197
I have like half an army of almost every faction, but my largest, main army has always been Orks.
I am strongly considering buying into a Primaris army once they get real kits, just because I like the proportions of their models.
>>
>>53648128
I mean. You can "snipe" with the hellturkey. If I understand correctly, you can place it over the models and in a way that leaves an enemy character the closest.
>>
>>53648306
>Mk V
Adds hugely to the cost for minor benefit. III AND IV both have plastic kits.
>>
>>53648197
I want to eventually have 2000pts of the big 4 Chaos Legions (Thousand Sons/World Eaters/Emperor's Children/Death Guard) as well as the Black Legion, using new models if possible. Nearly there on Thousand Sons.
>>
HQ
Lord Contagion

Plague Caster

Elittes
Bell guy

Troops
20 Poxwalkers

7Plauge marines
2xBlight Launcher
Chamion with Paxe, combi-plasma

FA
2x Bloat-Drone

HS
Hellbrute
Fist, Plasma cannon(not sure about that, but I want some anti primaris), Hflamer
This should be under 1k, after geting starter set, and drone +hellbrute form interwebz for nice price. What you think is good setup for hell brute? I think autoccanon might be get go weapon that wont kill him like plasma cannon.
>>
>>53648328
Only if they position badly.
>>
>>53648336
I wonder when the fuck they're going to give Abaddon a new model. Regular CSM codex maybe?
>>
>>53648328
only if they position terribly
>>
>>53648347
My understanding was that Fliers can end their move over enemy models.
>>
>>53648328
His base is huge which makes that challenging if your opponent isnt braindead.
>>
>>53648348
maybe a memorial model when robute kills him in the next CSM codex
this is a primarch's game now boy
>>
>>53648348
Most likely, considering 8th seems to be pushing Chaos as the proper BBEGs again. I expect to see a ton of new plastics for the spikey marines over the next 12-18 months
>>
>>53648360
They cannot.
>>
>>53648364
booty is going to banish mortarion into the warp silly
cant kill abby otherwise the last vestige of threat is kill
>>
>>53647548
He isnt going to spoonfeed some random shitter too lazy to look it up.
>>
What do you guys think the point cost on a Spartan will be?
>>
>>53648384
Somewhere around 500 is my guess. More than a land raider, less than the superheavy tanks.
>>
>>53648269
Pls go butcher fluff somewhere else.
>>
>>53648368
Think that regular CSM squads will get an update? Primaris make me doubt that loyalist Tacticals will get a new kit ever again, but CSMs are still the old-gen Marines.
>>
>>53647487
The proxy you're proposing is a very common one.
>>
>>53642427

Who's this chinaman?
>>
>>53648399
Perhaps? Cult troops are no-brainers, but CSM, Havocs and Bikers are all fairly old kits too. I certainly hope they get updated
>>
>>53648197
Admec because I have always loved their digs. Got one starter kit almost painted, when I get the tank done I'm gonna go grab another.
>>
>>53648397
I hope its that high, it looks like it'll be a monster and I am hoping to field a small elite team (small enough for all to fit in there +some deep strikers)
>>
>>53648305
Who is this reffering to?
>>
File: 1496597145953.png (56KB, 347x429px) Image search: [Google]
1496597145953.png
56KB, 347x429px
>>53648364
I would be fine with them killing him off. It's about time chaos received an overhaul/new face. Abbadon sucks.
>>
>>53648398
>butcher fluff
The Solitaire shows up and does his own shit for his own reasons. What fluff is getting butchered here exactly?
>>
>>53648413
I think they will all get updated along with death guard model releases. A lot of the old kits are not even for sale or out of stock on official GW sites so it seems like a good indication.
>>
File: 1496441233400.jpg (149KB, 681x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496441233400.jpg
149KB, 681x1080px
Why are transports so clunky? If I want my archon to ride I either give him his own venom or bring him with a 9 man unit?
>>
>>53648413
>Bikers
Arguably the most tragic models in the CSM range at the moment, if only for the sheer lack of variety. Even mixing in parts from the CSM kit doesn't do much to make them look interesting.

Havocs could probably be given a mutual sprue or two with regular CSMs, plus separate heavy weapon sprues, to knock over two birds with one stone. Just like how the AoS and 40K Tzaangor kits have a sprue or two in common.
>>
>>53648435
Taking clown in to every single DE list.
>>
>>53648412
A lesser warp entity. He shares the gift of cheap miniatures at the cost of your immortal soul and hard earn $$$.
>>53648428
You mean the tree? Don't know. A trapped mortal or punished daemon
>>
>>53648440
Tons of shit is out of stock. You'll know its going down for real when stuff shows up on "last chance to buy."
>>
>>53648454
How may I find this entity? This damned god of cheapness?
>>
>>53648447
>Yvraine actually looking bangable, and not like Tilda Swinton's Eldar cosplay
I'd ask if she's up for making a new Ilyan Nastase, but I'm an ass-man, so probably wouldn't happen.
>>
File: Abaddon.jpg (240KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
Abaddon.jpg
240KB, 595x842px
>>53648348
Hopefully soon. Abaddon is my favorite character and reminds me a lot of Megatron.
>>
File: 99120103001_WartrakkNEW01.jpg (39KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120103001_WartrakkNEW01.jpg
39KB, 600x620px
lmao at anyone complaining about being stuck with shitty outdated kits
you know nothing of suffering
>>
>>53648448
I managed to source some of the old metal side-scythes and fronts, and used them with the plastic kits. They look pretty sweet
>>
>>53648447
Thats how it's always been. You could give him a five man unit of Incubi for the Venom.
>>
>>53648447
The new rules for passenger instant death means it's a real liability to put an expensive HQ alone in a transport without mooks to allocate those 1s to
>>
>>53648451
Taking a temple assassin in to every single Imperial list.
>>
>>53648372
>the new model is instantly going to banished to the warp
yeah i don't think so
>>53648434
i'm happy the chaos primarchs are coming back
they're actually likable in a certain way
>>
>>53648458
Knowing the New Games Workshop™, we'd probably learn about new CSM kits before even that happened.
>>
File: Sob_squad_c.gif (61KB, 457x209px) Image search: [Google]
Sob_squad_c.gif
61KB, 457x209px
>>53648470
Sure thing, Anon.
>>
>>53648470
That sucks, but you're playing orks, can't you just make your own from scratch/scrap
>>
File: harle31.png (291KB, 482x277px) Image search: [Google]
harle31.png
291KB, 482x277px
>>53648473
You can't? A Venom only fits 5 people.
>>53648475
Am i misunderstanding the rules? If it's a venom,.only court of archon dudes can join him correct?
>>
File: IMG_0055.jpg (41KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0055.jpg
41KB, 600x620px
>>53648491
>>53648470
Ha HAA
>>
>>53648470
Those crew look even older than the fucking Gorkamorka Ork models. Urgh.

I guess you got access to non-shitty Deffkoptas again with the Vedros stuff, so that's... something?
>>
>>53648412

There are many. I've personally used:

>MI
Fairly cheap with good quality. She's a good fallback and is really easy to order from. A solid choice.

>Z
Usually who people refer to when talking about Chinaman. He's cheap with a HUGE selection. When he's good, he's solid. When he's bad, it's unusable. I'd say you have a 25% chance to get something shitty. My biggest surprise from him was actually my Avenger. I was really worried about, but so far it's actually amazing aside from some minor detail spots.

>LF
Not actually china, but definitely solid. I really like what I've gotten so far, though they're a little more pricey. It gets cheaper the more you buy, and i haven't put in a big order from them yet. Mostly just shoulders.

>Sylvia White
So-so. I can't say much from her, but the Dreadclaw I got on ebay was apparently hers. It was cheap, though had some mold slippage.

>Alpharious
Legit amazing. Custom service is great, and his catalogue is growing every day. Shipping was much faster than the others, and the quality was frankly amazing. His prices are very good, too. He's also has old school Raptor jump packs, and is the only one who does that I've seen besides Z.
>>
>>53648458
I'm still holding out hope they'll redo Guard. Their models are so shitty and GW could make absolute bank from releasing new ones.
>>
>>53648464
In the hidden archives of /tg/, past the quest generals and kitsune characters you will find a tome written in blood and bound with infant hide. This tome contains the blasphemous ritual to summon him and his catalogs of cursed goodness
>>
>>53647742
It never says you need to activate the weapon to get the bonus attack. It literally says when the bearer fights, they can make 1 additional attack with this. Hence, if they had twenty lightning claws, and if they fought, each lightning claw's rule would trigger and the bearer could make 1 bonus attack with each of his 20 lightning claws.
It's obviously not supposed to work like this, but it's phrased the same way as a dataspike, which last edition explicitly did not require you to use it to get the bonus.
GW rules writing everyone.
>>
>>53648269
And now they're not. They don't have the same faction keyword nor do they get faction buffs.
>>
>>53648482
Unless you play Inquisition that is heresy.
>>
>>53646620
Just started getting into shadow wars, any tips for playing tyranid warriors?
>>
>>53647397
While people may think it's two bonus attacks I'd say only one.

My reasoning is that you only attack with one weapon at a time when you divide attacks. You don't combine the effects of a power fist and power sword (e.g. make one attack with a power sword, and one with the power fist).

On the other hand, the wording makes it seem like the rule confers a bonus to the model, rather than an effect that is applied when using the weapon.

On another note, why don't SS chainswords confer a bonus attack?
>>
File: 99800104021_MauganRaNEW_01.jpg (34KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99800104021_MauganRaNEW_01.jpg
34KB, 600x620px
>>53648504
Yeah, new Phoenix Lords would be great. Maugan Ra's the only one who doesn't look entirely horrible, but he still looks underwhelming if you compare him to anything post-3rd edition though.
>>
>>53648497
Yes, however those are the official GW models for them, so a tourney might not even allow your scratch builds
>>
>>53648499
Coulda sworn it was six, but I guess I'm confusing it with the Starweaver.

You could put an understrength squad in a Venom with him, but then you'd be paying for one trooper you don't put on the tabletop. Not too bad for wyches or kabalites though. Raider with nine is probably the better choice overall.
>>
>>53648535
What if I include a token inquisitor as a HQ for the assassin detachment?
>>
>>53648543
It's "each time the bearer fights," it doesn't mention using that specific weapon. I'd say it does get 3 attacks RAW.
>>
>>53648491
Do the old 2nd/3rd edition SoB models really look THAT bad? I think they're decent for their age, the problem is more that they're expensive and hard to customise.
>>
So what's the consensus on which power weapons are the best for most targets? Leaning towards swords and lightning claws
>>
File: 1465942772710.jpg (88KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
1465942772710.jpg
88KB, 920x950px
>>53648504
>>53648491
You're like little kids, watch this
>>
>>53648527
Sure, but they're both Aeldari keyword. You can include them in the same detachment rules-wise and there's no "fluff rape" involved. Certainly no more than including a special character or whatever. I'm honestly suprised this is in any way controversial.
>>
>>53648510
Is Alpharius actually Chinese? From what I've seen on yoyhammer (haven't done a recast order yet), his English is flawless, although he could have a guy who handles the PR and customer service for him.

He's going to be my first pick when I make my first recast purchase, both because of quality, and because you don't have to venture into the bowels of the Earth and back just to find a working email address for him.
>>
>>53648567
There's a few people at my LGS with them, and the pictures never do them justice. The models look decent, but after definitely aging. I kind of feel like the people constantly complaining about them are people who haven't seen/played them IRL.
>>
>>53648591
Yeah, that was what I was thinking, aging but not terrible.

I actually did own a small army of them back in the Codex: Witch Hunters days, and never thought they looked bad. I may actually still have a few lying around.
>>
>>53648574
Asurmen is older. 1993. Same as Warp Spiders a few of the other phoenix lords. Tallarn and the other IG regiments were 1995.
>>
File: 99120103006_WarbuggyNEW01.jpg (40KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120103006_WarbuggyNEW01.jpg
40KB, 600x620px
>>53648470
>>53648491
>>53648504
>>53648545
>>53648574
Step aside kids (especially you ork player, I am dissapointed).

This buggy is all the way back from 2nd ed. I mean they didnt even bother to change the weapon from a melta gun to a shoota. Yes it is actually armed with a multi melta which orks could have en 2nd ed.
>>
The Strangelweb is Assault D6. Used to be a template. It is not auto-hit.

Is this an oversight on GW's part?
>>
>>53648510
how to order?
>>
>>53648610
The old metal IG regiments still look worse though, IMO. 2nd edition Eldar had the benefit of being designed primarily by Jes Goodwin, which meant the quality was a lot higher than other early-to-mid '90s stuff.
>>
Long time player but didn't keep up with 7th edition while I was in college.

Everyone at my lgs is really excited for 8th edition, and it looks like a perfect opportunity to get back into the game since everyone seems to be learnign a lot.

I had about 2500 points, split 50/50 imperial guard and sisters, and I'm super hyped to play again. That new Celestine model looks dope. How are these two armies looking? I'll look for myself in a second but I love kneejerk sensationalism too.

This is a pointless post I'm just really happy. I'm looking at the books now and I didn't realize how much I missed the game. It was always just something I was "going to get around to" but the new edition was the excuse.

Who else /hype/ here?
>>
>>53648623
No.
>>
>>53648621
>>
>>53648632
Guard is good, Sisters are middle tier at best.
>>
>>53648632
>Long time player
>college

No.
>>
>>53648624
If you go with Alpharius, his contact details are easy to find on /r/yoyhammer, over on Reddit. The other recasters try and keep their business as secret as they can, so they don't like customers openly spreading their contact details. You can still find them, it just takes a lot of yoyhammer searching and Googling old /tg/ threads.
>>
>>53648197
Maybe adding GSC to my nids and mechanicus to my IG.
>>
>>53648554
Thats heresy.
Non Heresy is oldscool Ordo Hereticus list, or and I say this with pian in my heart Ordo Malleus. New GK is heresy.
Stay Vigilant, stay loyal.
>>
File: penitenceengine.jpg (76KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
penitenceengine.jpg
76KB, 564x564px
>>53648632
SoB looks very good with all the heavy flamers and meltas. Get yourself a lot of Penitence engines since they look to be absolute monsters.
>>
>>53648627
Nah. The metal guard are all far superior to the current plastics. They excellent models. If I'm being honest the worst looking old minis are the Ork trakks/buggies because they predate the radical redesign Orks recieved with 3rd Ed.
>>
File: 1496506860966.jpg (278KB, 811x1151px) Image search: [Google]
1496506860966.jpg
278KB, 811x1151px
>>53648646
I started in 4th edition when I was in high school. So obviously the guys back in the 80s were the real "long time players" but I've been playing for like 10 years now which feels like a long time. Anyway, nomenclature aside

>>53648641
That's cool, as long as they're "ok" im happy since playing the best army is lame anyway.
>>
>>53648649
kk
>>
File: IMG_4001.jpg (19KB, 355x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4001.jpg
19KB, 355x255px
Does pic-related get 2d6 S3 attacks in combat?
>>
>SoB faction focus not out yet
>people spam it as a meme
>SoB faction focus drops
>no one cares
How times have changed
>>
>>53648632
Its too early to get accurate judgements from 40kg. We're all sheep and conventional wisdom hasn't sorted itself out yet.
>>
>>53648197
I'm itching to start a Sisters of Battle force for allying my Custodes to, but I r e a l l y don't want to pay the price of metal models.

I hope they'll get a boxed game later on and some plastic sculpts along with that

Strongest.. Probably Orks or Nids, leaning towards Nids. Weakest.. CSM or Tau
>>
>>53646712
>Buying orks
Fucking WAAC fags
>>
>>53648522
Haven't you got like a link to this eldritch soul? That's how I summoned Belakor that on time.
>>
>>53648197
I've been wondering what to add to my RT themed army for a while now. The primaris kits have convinced me to add a contingent of marines errant, since they've granted detachments to RT's before in their fluff.
>>
>>53648542
Nothing?
>>
>>53648676
They still shoot them in the shooting phase, so you don't double down but yes, you can fire them while in CC.
>>
>>53648676
Yes. During your shooting phase, but even when engaged. However, shes limited to a single measly attack on your opponents turn.
>>
>>53648676
not attacks, shots during the shooting phase
>>
>>53648678
Everyone's busy tearing the new rules apart now, guy
>>
>>53647397

If you look at the wargear section at the back, lightning claws grant one extra attack for being twinned.

Why does it say differently on the warp talons profile? Because GW are morons.
>>
So...using a Spearhead Detachment:

HQ HT ?

6x HS Carnifex, mace tail, 2x twin-deathspitter x3 267pts

1602 points, remaining ones go to HQ and whatever.

144 T7 Sv 3+ wounds.

Is this insane? Is this going to work? Is nidzilla viable now?

And yeah, I know objectives are # of models so unless this is killy enough, this is going to not be able to hold objectives. But humor me.
>>
>>53648678
Yeah it came AFTER the big leak.
>>
>>53648712
Dumb WAACfag
>>
>>53648627
I have a squad of the old Cadians. I really like them.
>>
So chain swords get a free attack right? if I have lets say a chain axe and chain sword, and two attacks. I can make 2 attacks with the axe and one with the sword?
>>
>>53648678

It was imperial agents.
Most of it was "Eversors are good now guys!", where their only redeeming quality is the 3d6 charge range.
Sisters were a footnote saying that Engines are a huge DPS unit and Immolators are great alpha strike units.
>>
>>53648686
This is a bittersweet feeling.
>>
>>53648725
Yes. Only the additional attack must be made with the sword.
>>
>Space Marine storm shields are 5 pts (non-character)
>Space Marine Deathwatch storm shields are 15pts (non-character)

What the fuck
>>
File: Dakkafex I 05.jpg (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dakkafex I 05.jpg
92KB, 800x600px
>>53648714
I've been Nidzillaing since you could take Carnifexes below 116pts as Elites.
>>
>>53648725

IIRC Tabletop Tactics discussed this on their channel saying you have to "use" the weapon to benefit from the rule.
>>
>>53648725
Now I'm wondering which models can get double chainswords. Notwithstanding that that does look awesome.
>>
>>53648296
This only matters if you go first. If the Ork player goes first he'd have closed a huge gap between you and him already so he won't need to advance and charge. He can also re-roll charges.

He has enough bodies on the field that he WILL get into close combat faster than you think and it WILL hurt since they get 3-4 attacks per boy without bonuses from other units at Str 4 WS 3+.

It's retarded.
>>
>>53648748
>unofficial hobby group
Their guess is as good as ours, and RAW they behave like dataspikes.
>>
>>53647703
>Emps didn't love his sons
So why didn't he mind rape Horus to death right away?
Emps also killed Horus over a single human soldier
Fuck that noise
>>
File: steampunk dwarf things.jpg (571KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
steampunk dwarf things.jpg
571KB, 1000x1000px
So buying a bunch of monkeys to use as a squad seems fucking expensive. How hard do you think it would be turning pic related into squats? Just a few aquillas and shit right?
>>
File: 1495850540540.png (69KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495850540540.png
69KB, 400x400px
So what do you all think the chances of GW showing up to GenCon this year?

You would think they would want to participate in the largest tabletop convention in the US, but that would be logical.
>>
>>53648745
The difference being, I believe, is that Deathwatch can spam them, whereas SM cannot
>>
>>53648197
I'm going to start an Ultramarine Primaris force backed by Roboute because I think it'll be cool for the campaign and I like the models and I already have an Ultramarine successor.
>>
>>53648745
Different armies get different point values for shit. They also have more access to them.
>>
>>53648777
Fielding them as Tau, Mechanicus or Guard?

Either way, those look cool.
>>
>>53648787
Imperial Agents and Guard. Jokaero count as. They're their own squad now and they dont look half bad.
>>
>>53648777
I mean, remove dorf iconografy, replace with aquila, the guns idk about.
>>
>>53648767
>>53648748
I guess Ill stick with RAW for now
>>
>>53648778
They're from england, silly. They aren't going to across the jolly old ocean just to sell a few plasties
>>
>>53648755
I some chaos space marines can go with two chainswords. It shows up on the "take up to two from this list" in the Champion Equipment list and non-Termie Chaos Lords can double dip from the Melee Weapons list that has them.
>>
>>53648811
They went to Las Vegas, Anon.
>>
>>53648803
Oooh haven't cosidered agents. I have a bunch of WFB plastic dwarves and been wanting to stick lasguns on them. Gonna check what else they can be.
>>
>>53648778
High to Certain.
>>
>>53648778
GW are big enough to make their own large events. Inferior game systems need some space too or it would be simply unfair.
>>
>>53648813
Las Vegas is not in America dummy it's in Mexico that's why gambling is legal there.
>>
>>53648748
The precedent set by the Solitaire Harlequin's Kiss FAQ in 7th supports the RAW interpretation that you get the extra attack with it no matter what. (The FAQ was actually counter to the RAW in 7th, because rules for weapons are not read if they are not used in 7th - but that's not part of 8th.)
>>
>>53648758
It kinda depends on the deployment type, too. A shooty army with hammer & anvil deployment will have several turns to mulch the boyz and snipe characters, probably starting with the Weirdboy to get rid of Da Jump.
Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a strong strategy, it just doesn't strike me as unbeatable. Boyz are not hard to kill, and it wouldn't take a terribly large amount of shooting to whittle several mobs down to reduce the benefit of mob rule.
I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.
>>
Why are Chosen always so fucking meh? Aren't they supposed to be the best of the best CSM's?

Yes, you can equip them with a bunch of weapons, big fucking whoop. They still die just as fast as normal CSM's and they cost 3 points more per model for just one extra attack.

They don't even have any special rules. Disappointment every new edition.
>>
>>53648778
That's like saying a super model should show up at a homeless guy convention because they're human.
>>
>>53648828
Christ man i know this is idiot bait but goddamn that triggered me
>>
>>53648844
Dude, they are amazing now, trust me. Plasma guns and Chainswords and a nearby Lord to reroll 1s. They're gross.
>>
>>53648778
Uncertain they were at Adeptacon for the first time in years this year and that's considered the wargaming convention to be at.

That said...they have been at GenCon and were at Gencon 2015, with the most pathetic display ever including rather uninspiring "life sized" blood angel who was dwarfed by the Wyrd life sized guy, the Life Sized Elmental, and the life sized Man-o-War at the Privateer Press booth. I had thought that space marines and man-o-war would be about the same size atleast.
>>
>>53648847
>>
>>53648844
They can take more special weapons and have better stats. What else do you want? If they had even better stats or weapons they would be chaos lords.
>>
Two things I have learned tonight. 1) Kroot shoulder pads make fantastic welding masks when attached to a cadian helmet. 2) old school melta nozzles make damn good peglegs.

Its funny what you learn when digging through a bitz box.
>>
>>53648778
god, where the fuck is that image from
I know its a doujin but I can't find it
>>
>want to get triumvirate boxset
>only need 1 model
>can't get from ebay because shipping costs will kill me
What do?
Should I get it and then try to sell the others off?
Should I try to split it with someone in my FLGS?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (51KB, 769x353px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
51KB, 769x353px
Related to the current conversation about melee weapons and their uses

So...I have to devote 1 attack to the monstrous Boneswords to get the +1 A from them.

The Monstrous Rending Claws are a bit less clear. I re-roll failed to-wound rolls when using them. I'm guessing that ony applies to the attacks with the claws? Or does that even apply to the bonesword attacks?

Also, the rending AP-6 on 6 to-wound, it just says "each time you make a wound roll of 6+" - does this apply to the boneswords too?
>>
>>53648879
i know how you feel, guy.
I'd probably try to split it I guess.
I only want Celestine and her girls from the Imperium one but no one wants greyfax, everyone just wants Cawl
>>
File: Tyranids - 2000pts.jpg (578KB, 1800x2029px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 2000pts.jpg
578KB, 1800x2029px
Hows my dakkanid list look?
>>
>>53648894
I want to get Greyfax funnily enough. Where do you live?
>>
>>53648845
Which is funny because when they showed up in 2015, their booth looked like an Indy Startup. It was 1 table, with a small wall of stuff behind them...a table cloth and a manlet space marine who was shorter than all the other life sized guys. The resurrected Fasa games booth was more inspiring, Harebrained Schemes who has to kickstart everything they do had a better booth. Hell Reaper had a better booth, along with Soda Pop games.

I don't know if it was just a local vendor rep setting up a booth and they didn't have much or a budget to work with...or if they blew a few months promotion budget on this...but...it was sad for a titan to have a table more pathetic than the kickstarted game companies and one hit wonders.
>>
>>53648866
Let's say up their wounds by 1 and give them an invulnerable save of 5-6+ and up their points to compensate. Start them off with better weapons baseline. Give them a nice special ability and these motherfuckers I would have running around with a Lord smashing shit up.
>>
>>53648892
They only apply to attacks made with the rending claws.
>>
>>53648903
Northern Eurostania
>>
>>53648786
>They also have more access to them

For Deathwatch only Veterans, Vanguard Veterans, and Terminators can take them.

Only DW Veterans are the only thing that they have that other factions don't.

Vanguard Vets and Terminators are equivalent to the obvious.

It just feels like another kick after fucking up DW in the index.

>Black Shield gutted
>Terminators in 7th could all take heavy weapons, now only 3 can.
>No more Deathwatch Watch Captains, Librarians, or Chaplains

inb4 "Chapter keyword Deathwatch", they don't get the special issue ammo that they did before.
>>
>>53648906
To be fair, it's not like GW needs to advertise nearly as much as they do.
>>
What happened to Knarlocs and Greater Knarlocs? Did they get replaced by Krootox?
>>
>>53648925
fugg, shipping would be a pain.
Best of luck I guess. I'll have to figure out how to do this.
>>
>>53648892
AoS kinda does CC better. Each weapon on their profile has its own number of attacks and you attack with each weapon the model has. Much more clearer and it's not as broken as you may think it is. Works pretty well.
>>
>>53648939
yup yup.
>>
>>53648907
Invulnerable save doesn't actually do that much in this edition. Even against Lascannon they have a 6+. I mean I would be all for giving them more, but even as is I'm already thinking of having a Chosen squad with combi-meltas in a rhino going tank hunting.
>>
>>53648197
I have a bunch of half-converted necrons lying around and some guardsmen but I'm probably going to start GK for 8th. No time to finish the necron conversions and no money for guard. Also, I like GK models.
>>
>>53648914
so it's either or....are they now the most cost-effective melee weapons on a Tyrant? Can't see how much better the others are considering they cost 20++ points while the claws are free.
>>
>>53648942
>Much more clearer and it's not as broken as you may think it is. Works pretty well
I play AOS, it's pretty broken.

Certain things get obscene amounts of attacks, sometimes with up to 4 melee weapons.
>>
>>53648947
So you always have a save? Then what's the point of weaponry that has -6 rend?
>>
Do marks of chaos not do anything anymore?
>>
>>53648970
-6 AP means they get -6 to whatever their roll is. Seems pretty straight forward what that is for.
>>
>>53648966
Usually those things are monsters that cost an arm and a leg.
>>
The same as AP did before: ignore the better armor save.
>>
>>53648978
They allow you to benefit from auras that require a chaos god keyword.
>>
new player who wants to buy models for 8th. Space wolves, blood angels and khorne look the cool and I want an army that can do cc. But I also want something that can play combined-armsy, like artillery from the back soften up enemies, troops spread out and take objectives, while they big scary guys charge at the enemy scary guys.

Thoughts on who I should go with?
>>
>>53648970
No, hes just saying even strong attacks like a lascannon are often only AP -3. Which only reduces power armor to 6+.
>>
>>53648970
If something has -6 AP then there is no armor save, but anything more than -4 is extremely rare and can be avoided with tactics.
>>
>>53648993
I see
>>
>>53648992
Space Marines fit the bill, try Space Wolves or Blood Angels. Chaos also has some cool long range stuff and their melee is really good, so World Eaters would be good too.
>>
Can I just add Bloodcrushers to a mostly CSM list or is there some kinda tax?
>>
>>53648934
no
>>
>>53648992
Some form of Space Marines
you can ally in imperial guard artillery
>>
>>53649022
>Can I just add Bloodcrushers to a mostly CSM list
yep
>>
>>53648992
Any of those forces can do that assuming you arent meaning pure Khorne.

Blood angels cc is based around stacking buffs to power up their cc dudes and have standard marine shooting backing them up. Wolves have a few expensive super units that are back up with combined arms and some nice cheap cc guys too. Khorne is all about bersekers who are just super point efficient melee blenders, other aspects of the army would be provided by standard Chaos Space Marines. One factor I should also add is the Khorne models are veryout of date compared to BA or SW.
>>
File: scarvet.jpg (87KB, 768x427px)
scarvet.jpg
87KB, 768x427px
>>53648980
>>
>>53648470
>That model
>Shitty

Kill yourself senpai
>>
>>53649050
The trakk is ok. The real problem is the Orks.
>>
>>53648238
>Implying the Orks won't be nerfed into oblivion in the next update
>>
>>53648470
>you know nothing of suffering
>>53648621
I actually unironically think the old orks look fucking way better than the new ones
>>
File: 1489183927766.gif (493KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489183927766.gif
493KB, 500x500px
>>53648900
another nid list, how many is that now
>>
>>53649022
No tax atm. There may be in the future.
>>
Can I mix and match units from different factions within the same detachment in 8th, or do they all need to be put in their own separate detachments?
Like, could I have a detachment with Celestine, Imperial Guard guys, spess mereens and Custodes all in there together?
>>
>>53648774
Because he saw Horus as a broken tool and wanted to repair him

Also Emps may not care about space marines or primarchs, but he cares about humanity.

SM and Primarchs were monsters he made so that they could protect humanity, but were not meant to last
>>
>>53649044
>Khorne models are veryout of date compared to BA or SW.
That is something I hadn't thought of.

I like the SW models the most I think, but the chaos rhinos and other vehicles look a lot cooler.
>>
>>53649070
Yes, they all share Imperium keyword so you can.

>>53649068
Tau players that were spamming lists before are jumping on the next best thing. Nothing to be suprised about.
>>
>>53649070
They have to share a keyword. In matched play your whole army must share a keyword. The "biggest" keywords you can choose are Imperium, Chaos, Aeldari, Ork, Necron, Tau, and Tyranid.
>>
>>53649077
SM and Primarchs were the long term solution for his military stuff
Its the Thunder Warriors who were temporary
>>
>>53649058
>Old Orks
>ugly

I press my case >>53649050
>>
>>53648640
It's from 2nd ed dickbut. You might be thinking it was made for Gorkamorka but it wasnt. The wartrakk was from gorkamorka but the buggy is older.
>>
>>53649087
Chaos rhinos are the same kit with an extra sprue of spiky bits.
>>
>>53649097
>The "biggest" keywords you can choose are Imperium, Chaos, Aeldari, Ork, Necron, Tau, and Tyranid.
But what about Wu-Tang?
>>
>>53649100
SM and Primarchs were meant to last until Humanity exterminated all other xenos and became the sole ruler of the gamaxy.

After that, you can be sure as shit that they were going to get the Thunder Warriors treatment
>>
>>53649105
First shows up in the 1997 catalogue. Which is yes, 2nd ed. Just like Sisters and Falcons and a number of other things.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1997/1997p107-02.htm
>>
>>53648927
True, but it would be a great chance to sell products in a new market that are normally locked off to people. IE those warhammer world exclusives, like the Primarus Rhino, and command Landraider.

I don't expect to see them this year, but I do hope they have a better booth than just 1 table...and an armful of their most popular kits.
>>
>>53649077
Or emps just couldn't kill his son until he'd seen him strike down just a random human, not leading a rebellion with his greatest enemy or killing his best son
He was clearly capable of caring extremely about an individual over the big picture, be it Horus or the guardsman in this case
>>
>>53649113
(you)
>>
>>53648777
>Skitarii Abhuman Regiment
>>
File: IMG_0056.jpg (506KB, 1500x1027px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0056.jpg
506KB, 1500x1027px
>>53649102
Ugly and incredibly inconsistent. But you do you.
>>
wait, so ork planes can not move less the 20" and if they go off the table they die?
>>
>>53649162
Ahh the good old days when we only had four space marine chapters.
>>
File: 1494673642195.gif (303KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1494673642195.gif
303KB, 1200x1500px
So how many factions/sub-factions have been squatted?

I know there's Squats, Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, and Arbites. What else?
>>
>>53648712

Take old one eye as your HQ, you know you want to.

>But synapse!

Do it bitch.
>>
>>53649175
All "Airborne" vehicles work that way unless you use the Death from the Skies optional rules. Not just Orks.
>>
>>53649109
I suppose it would be heretical to put spikes on my loyal rhino lol.
What about the beak helmets for SM armor, can any chapter have those? They look the coolest.
>>
>>53649196
Lost and the Damned

Kroot Mercs
>>
>>53649162

I love the bright larger than life paint jobs, and modern models need more of that.

I mean, maybe a little more shading for depth of colour, but overall very bright colour schemes really do it for me.
>>
>>53649067
I like the old orks. I like the new orks. But they have very different aesthetics... Mantic seem to be trying to get a bit of the old aesthetic going with their Orx.
>>
>>53649196
Inquisitorial Stormtroopers still exist as MT's. Its not that fucking hard to make an army of them. Especially with Imperial Agents.
>>
>>53649198
>totally forgot he was HQ

...a pure Carnifex army is possible.

What a time we live in.
>>
>>53649203
well given the fact they have to move 20", and can only turn at a 90o angle. its going to be hard to shoot with them
>>
>>53649196
Kroot mercenaries, Feral Orks, Exodites, Chaos genestealer cults.
>>
>>53649217
Yup. Any chapter can have beakies.
>>
>>53649244
They only shoot at 360° with 36" range. So hard.
>>
>>53649244
All guns can shoot 360 deg. now.
>>
>>53649196
>Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
Can easily be played with Imperial Agents.

>Arbites
Wait, were there ever part of 40k?
>>
>>53649095
Nigga I've been playing Nids since 4th.

I was one of those faggots who used to spam these generals with

>TYRANID UPDATE FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>53649224
>Lost and the Damed
Coming back in FW shortly.
>>
>>53649235
I don't really count MT as old Stormtroopers. They're more like Guard+.
>>53649224
Aren't the lost and the Damned still alive through ForgeWorld?
>>
>>53649277
They were available in 2nd ed. via the base rulebook and had Citadel Journal rules in 3rd ed.
>>
>>53649277
2nd/3rd edition.
>>
>>53649162
Remember when you could play a full 40k or fantasy game with nothing but a couple squads and a vehicle?
>>
>>53649246
I figure since Eldar "vehicles" are now functionally equivalent to "monsters", it would take a little work to make an Exodite army.

Smaller bipedal dragon riders -> war walkers

small firebreather quadrupeds -> support weapons

pterodon riders -> either Vypers or Jetbikers

large dragons w heavy weapons -> falcon/fire prism/night spinners

fast carrier dragons -> wave serpent
>>
>>53649298
Also because the stats/rules are so similar, you can still play them in 7th. They would be awful, though.
>>
>>53649318
I remember a centerpiece WD battle report where the BA player had a captain, two ten man tactical squads and a dreadnought. That was his whole army.
>>
File: 53156745645116534.gif (101KB, 460x405px) Image search: [Google]
53156745645116534.gif
101KB, 460x405px
So are we expecting these expansion rules in the main rulebook, like Planetstrike and Death from the Skies, to appear in Matched/Tournament play, or are the purely optional shit for narrative play?
>>
>>53649277
>>53649298
>>53649309
Thinking you can either use MT as Arbites or just standard IG.

Tempestor Prime as judges
Vets w shotguns as Arbites
Scions as special SWAT troops
Taurox as their riot vehicles
>>
>>53649049
Wow, a whole 6 damage IF everything hits and wounds... If you think that's broken I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>53649318
What's stopping you from doing that exactly? It's easier now than ever since your units have split fire and it's safer for your characters to wander off alone.

Why don't all you nostalgia fags go make a 2E general or something, I'm really getting sick of your inane rambling.
>>
Is there any word if empyric storms will be ported over? They're a fun mechanic and it would be stupid for GW to just throw them out.
>>
>>5364753
Berserker in the left bottom corner looks like a necron.
>>
>>53649386
>t. GW
>>
Ok, anything I should change?

-Kharn the Betrayer - 173
-Daemon Prince of Khorne - Wings, Malefic Talons x2, Warp Bolter - 189

-Khorne Berzerkers x9 - Chain Axes x8, Chain Swords x8, Plasma Pistol x3, Powerfist - 193
-Khorne Berzerkers x10 - Chain Axes x9, Chain Swords x9, Plasma Pistol x3, Powerfist - 210

-Chaos Rhino - Combi-bolter - 72
-Chaos Rhino - Combi-bolter - 72

-Helbrute - Power Scourge, Twin Lascannon - 165
-Helbrute - Power Scrouge, Twin Lascannon - 165

-Maulerfiend - Magma Cutters - 181
-Maulerfiend - Lasher Tendrils - 173

-Heldrake - Baleflamer - 198

Total - 1989
>>
>>53649380
That's why I used Skitarii vanguard heads on my MT. They look more Arbites that way.
>>
>>53648678
It doesn't help the faction focus' are being written by useless tourney players who were expected to talk about the game as a whole when they barely know the list they run
>>
>>53649403
No seriously what is stopping you, you seem so adamant that you can't do it anymore so just tell me why that is and instantly disprove me and reveal me as the fool you think I am. I'm waiting.
>>
>>53649398
Incorporated into the battlezone system. Specifically Psychic Maelstrom. They may do a more detailed version at a later date alongside the other advanced rules like Cities of Death, Stronghold Assault and Death from the Skies.
>>
>>53649404
You have too many plasma pistols in there and should probably just run both Maulerfiends with tendrils. Can use those points to add missile launchers to Rhinos.
>>
>>53649289
>They're more like Guard+.
They're literally stormtroopers. Nothing about what they do has changed.
>>
>>53649289
>I don't really count MT as old Stormtroopers. They're more like Guard+.
MT are Stortroopers tho. They even have the same equipement.
>>
>>53649444
thing about plasma pistols...you can shoot them in the shooting phase even if you're "locked" in close-combat, right?
>>
>>53649497
Yes. TEQ BBQ ahoy!
>>
>>53649318
Pepperidge Fahms remembuhs
>>
>>53649497
In each of your shooting phases, yes. The problem is you are already exchanging bolt pistols for chainswords in your list so only champion can take a plasma pistol.
>>
>>53649502
oh man. now I'm worried about sluggas/bolt pistols/dedicated cc troops vs my IG/nids. We're going to get killed.

...holy shit spinefists are pistols.
>>
What is the top BRRRRRRRRT the imperium has to offer? the fire raptor gunship looks pretty good (at least the model)
>>
>>53649540
pic related
>>
>>53648138
gold and white

theres a stormcast chamber that uses that palette, it looks good
>>
>>53649357
The first WD I bought was the one for the release of 2nd ed. Andy Chambers was running Blood Angels, he had a Captain (first appearance of Tycho), Tac Squad, Dev Squad, Termi Squad, Rhino and Dreadnought. 1500 points (think they went a little over).

I don't think the battle reports were smaller than that - maybe in RT days.
>>
>>53649540
Right now, iIn decreasing order of BRRRRRRRRT:
>Stormraven
>Land Raider Crusader
>Baal Predator
>Leman Rush Punisher
>Taurox Prime
>>
Whats the point value for a boss nob?
>>
>>53649298
Also, pretty sure the 3rd edition Inquisition books let you field Stormtroopers as Arbites by giving an option to exchange their standard guns for shotguns. I think it was part of a designer's note or something.
>>
>>53649405
Skitarii heads look at bit too gearpunk for Arbites, IMO, even if the shape is similar enough. They need to be a bit less industrial, and more Judge Dredd.
>>
>>53649596
A shocking amount of 0 points.
>>
>>53649638
That's the closted they have available on their current range honestly. I tend to go for GW only as I play mostly in a GW store most of the time.
>>
>>53649540
A Stormlord filled to the brim with autocannon or heavy bolter heavy weapon squads.
>>
>>53648777
Fantastic Scions, IMHO.
>>
>>53649596
baked into the cost of the squad, as far as anyone can tell
you still have to pay for any weapons you give him beyond the standard slugga and choppa
>>
So how are pistols working now in CC?

Even if a unit is in CC during the shooting phase they can all shoot their pistols once?

Does this mean if my Death Companies have a bunch of inferno pistols and hand flamers they will absolutely ruin shit in shooting phase before further ruining shit in fight phase?

Can't re-read the rules scan right now and would appreciate a confirmation.
>>
>>53649540

Stormlord / Vulture Depending on the transition of forge world rules.
>>
>>53649540
Wait for the FW index. The Fire Raptor is probably going to have twice the BRRRRRRT
>>
>>53649540
For barebone infantry, i'll vote for Vanguards and Infiltrators.
>>
What happens if a flying unit is positioned in such a way that it will leave the playing area on it's move?
>>
I only have 4 carnifexes.

Send help.
>>
>>53649721
They can shoot enemies within one inch of them like a normal shooting attack.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (16KB, 243x121px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
16KB, 243x121px
>>53649721
That's the way it seems.

Technically, you shoot in the shooting phase.

This makes me wonder, if you totally wipe out any enemies in 1" of your squad, you can charge again in the charge phase.

Makes a big unit with pistols way deadlier in HtH now.
>>
File: formation mockup 2.png (1MB, 1200x753px) Image search: [Google]
formation mockup 2.png
1MB, 1200x753px
Crossposting from T'au thread

Rate my formation. MSpainted units are for the models that are on the way. Sorry for the shit quality, I don't have a lot of space right now.
>>
>>53649747
It dies as per the rulebook.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (36KB, 307x374px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
36KB, 307x374px
>>53649747
bye-bye birdie.

I wonder if there's a way to force this.
>>
>>53649768
I just saw that little bit now.
>>
How do you deal with a lychguard star led by the Deceiver and Obyron with Nids?
>>
>>53649775
Fill the entire board with gretchin.
>>
If I have sex with a voidraven will I die?
>>
>>53649775
That is retarded as fuck

So you basically drive your flier in a diamond pattern around the board shooting it's guns sideways and backwards, and almost never actually look at what you're trying to kill?
>>
>>53649798

It would be extremely painful
>>
>>53648588

Yes. Afaik he's Chinese, but his English is indeed great.
>>
>>53649803
Unless it can hover.
>>
>>53648197
dusting my Tau off
>>
>>53649812
For me?
>>
>>53649760

It's really not that big a deal, you need to be in close combat three battle rounds offensively or two defensively to actually get to use pistols in close combat.

Handy when it comes up, but if you buy an inferno pistol specifically so you can shoot it in cc you're a fucking retard.
>>
So, question about Necrons, because Reanimation Protocols has me confused, or at least the way the FLG guys were talking about it does. In matched play anything that lets you summon models or bring models back to life has to come from a points pool you set aside - that applies to apothecaries, daemon summoning, gaunt birthing, whatever. However, when everyone talks about Necrons that never seems to come up... despite the fact that Reanimation Protocols isn't worded any differently than any of those other things.

Am I missing something here? Did the GW writers not realize they didn't give Necrons an exception? Is it actually supposed to require you to set points aside for them to stand back up and they forgot to mention it?
>>
>>53649583
what about the baneblade variant with two vulcan mega bolters
>>
>>53649764
>Rate my formation.
completely useless if the table has any terrain on it/10
>>
>>53649862
i think theres a distinction about 'replace models' and 'replace units'

all the talk of points-costing summoning talks about units, whereas necron regen and IG medkit talk about models.
so units yes, models no, maybe?
>>
>>53649764
autistic af, even for a tau player
>>
>>53649862
My understand was that it only costs points if it introduces new models to the table, reviving ones that already existed doesn't cost anything.
>>
>>53649862
Tervigon doesn't require the summoning pool either as far as I know
>>
>>53649907
Good point, I was just re-reading that and noticed it myself. That means the FLG guys made a mistake when they said that gaunt birthing to reinforce a unit or medics bringing models back required reserve points, and it makes the Tervigon still fairly worthwhile for keeping a bugsquad going as a semi-permanent tarpit.
>>
>>53649927
I think the confusion comes from the phrasing, as it includes "replacing units that have been destroyed" as well as summon brand new units. If a unit was completely destroyed you're basically getting a whole new unit, rather than reviving the models, as things that revive models generally require the parent unit to still have a few guys left.
>>
>>53649940
i think thats the intended result, but its grey area enough for GW to should have addressed the distinction
>>
>>53649862
Replacing models is different from new models.

This is the same mechanics that there is in AoS, we can safely assume it's the same here.
>>
>>53648686
WHats wrong with buying orks?
Had them since 4th ed when I was like 8 and never really got into warhammer past 5th ed
>>
File: IMG_1801.jpg (244KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1801.jpg
244KB, 700x700px
Hey new player here looking to get into orks, not that I'm a "WAACFag" or anything I just wanted to play a Melee only ork army with a group of buddys, could someone help list all of orks best assault units? I really only plan on running those and trukks if that works. So far deff dreads killa kanz and nobs look like the go to unit, would a army of those work? Thanks in advance.
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 259x194px
>>53649803
pretty much
>>
>>53649985
Nothings wrong with Orks. They've just been buffed very well in this latest edition after being useless so the knee jerk reaction from some is that they're overpowered. I'm bittersweet about it. I won't speculate on if they're broken until the game is actually played more personally.
>>
>>53649803
Facing is no longer a thing so why not just fly backwards and forwards?
>>
>>53650007
flying basilisk when
>>
>>53649862
>summon NEW models
yes

>bring models back to life
no

Reserve points talk about the creation of new UNITS, not models. Reinforcing an already-existing squad is free.
>>
>>53650019
You can only pivot up to 90 degrees at the start of your move, then move forward in a straight line
>>
>>53650019
Most fliers that have minimum move values (or all of them, probably all of them) also have the supersonic special rule. They basically fly the way they used to, with a single 90 degree turn at the start of their movement followed by moving straight forward.

A lot of them can also hover, but quite a few cannot. So, yeah, most fliers are going to end up just running laps around the board and circle strafing their targets like it's 1999 and they're playing pyro in TFC against some poor kid that doesn't have a mouse.
>>
>>53649540
Reaver titan with 2x Gatling blasters for maximum high power BRRRT
>>
>>53650028
>IG Spectre
>earthshaker
>hydra autocannon
>punisher cannon

I dig it.
>>
>>53649868
Forgot it. I'm not into superheavies.
>>
File: 1490596438189.jpg (106KB, 1811x820px)
1490596438189.jpg
106KB, 1811x820px
>>53649540
Vulture
>>
File: 1483367879537.png (444KB, 735x527px) Image search: [Google]
1483367879537.png
444KB, 735x527px
>>53650099
>not twin punisher cannon
>>
File: 1495602527864.jpg (522KB, 1748x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1495602527864.jpg
522KB, 1748x2480px
I fancy adding some dark eldar to my ynarri. I like the aesthetics of reaver jetbikes, scourges and witches. Which of these is the better kit to build and which are most effective on the tabletop?

Units already in the army: triumvirate, wraithlord, wraithguard, wraithblades, farseer, spiritseer, harlequins, death jester, harlequin jetbikes, starweaver, scorpions. Think I'm probably doing OK for close combat, so might be an idea to get scourges to add some shootiness? Or do I really need to go all-in with assault and overwhelm the enemy in one big wave of charges?
>>
File: cheese.png (2MB, 1500x2524px) Image search: [Google]
cheese.png
2MB, 1500x2524px
Well?
>>
>>53650161
I don't understand
>>
>>53649991
>Melee only army
You're ruining 40k.
>>
>>53650161
It only works as long as they don't put a single dude in front of the character.
>>
>>53650188
Block view so you can only shoot character.
>>
File: 1468381245350.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1468381245350.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>53650161
What am i looking at
>>
>>53650161
>punishing yoyr opponent for not putting screening models IN FRONT of a valued character

Sure why not
>>
>>53650161
Anon can I have a guide to this autism or are you expecting me to go full rosetta stone on this?
>>
>>53650217
>>53650218
Read >>53650210
>>
File: tumblr_oahkuqqido1s0p7kpo1_500.jpg (135KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oahkuqqido1s0p7kpo1_500.jpg
135KB, 500x664px
MAIM KILL BURN

<HQ>

-Chaos Lord on Juggernaut - Power Fist, Plasma Pistol - 152

<Troops>

-Khorne Berzerkers x20 - Chainaxe x19, Chainsword x19, Power Sword, Plasma Pistol - 350
-Khorne Berzerkers x15 - Chainaxe x14, Chainsword x14, Power Sword, Plasma Pistol - 265
-Khorne Berzerkers x15 - Chainaxe x14, Chainsword x14, Power Sword, Plasma Pistol - 265

<Elites>

-Helbrute - Helbrute Fist, Power - 155

<Heavy Support>
<Aircraft>

Total - 2,000
>>
>>53650188
>>53650211
>>53650218
He's asking if you can target a character if it's the only enemy you can see due to line of sight being blocked by your own units.
>>
>>53650226
Power Scourge*
>>
>>53649913
Nigga placement and movement are absolutely critical in 8e
>>
>>53649991
Boys

Full units of 30 boys are amazing right now.
>>
>>53650234
Well yes, why wouldn't you be able to do it?
>>
>>53650251
I'm just translating the question for these people who didn't understand it.
>>
>>53650226
I hope you're planning on doing first turn charges with those Heldrakes.
>>
>>53650217
>for not putting screening models IN FRONT of a valued character
Actually happened in my first game. Opponent had homunculi between 2 grotesque squads, they are in in front of him, but you have a clear LOS to him.
>>
>>53650263
Didn't even know it was a question, it looked like one of those retarded memes made by retards who couldn't be arsed to read literally 6 pages of rules and get wrong the few lines they managed to read
>>
File: swipe_right.jpg (2KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
swipe_right.jpg
2KB, 104x125px
>>53650248
But ... but people promised me 8th edition would have zero tactics !
>>
>>53650226
Get a sorcerer or a demon prince in there for prescience/warp time buff. Also might have some issues dealing with enemy vehicles.
>>
Ratlings or special weapons squads?
>>
>>53650263
Thanks anon, you're a real Daniel Jackson
>>
>>53650161
Neat idea but unlikely to be something you can rely on.
>>
>>53648328
>you can place it over the models
>leaves an enemy character the closest

how the fuck is an enemy character closest if you are LITERALLY on top of another. If some asshole tried to tell me his hellturkey burns my character whilst hovering directly on top of my troops, I would slowly explain distance to him with hand puppets, call his mother and ask if he is allowed to be out right now cause shits retarded and I worry for his safety.
>>
Sorry for phoneposting, but my main computer won't wanna actually run the site
Tis my stab at making 2000 points of competitive knights, something I've been wanting to do and the 8th changes seem like the perfect opportunity
>>
>>53650226
you have to pay for the claws on heldrakes
with baleflamers they are 215 each
>>
File: latest.jpg (320KB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
320KB, 1024x1463px
>>53650266
Of coursh! They're real fucking dragons now.

>>53650285
>sorcerer
>in a khorne list
Pic related is the only fate of the witch.
>>
>>53650307
*ignores you as you ask if I want to play a game*
heh, it is personal kid.
>>
File: IMG_2260.jpg (58KB, 419x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2260.jpg
58KB, 419x604px
Ugh, why do the new Primaris have the largest skull eagle ever on their chests? It's like they wanted to make sure that conversions would be hard as Fuck.

It's gonna be a bitch to file those down
>>
>>53650288
Veterans
>>
>>53650307
>my main computer won't wanna actually run the site
fucking what
>>
>>53650312
You are totally right, I guess I'll dump the plasma pistols on the champions and one Berzerker.
>>
>>53650307
because all knights have titan feet as a (great) melee weapon crusaders are hands down the best knight. see what you can do stacking them, although there's a good chance you'll have a hard time fitting in four crusaders into 2000 points
>>
>>53650161
LOS sniping has been around since 3rd ed.
>>
R8 my list

+++++

1000 pt

Auxiliary Support Detachment
1x Eversor - 70pts

1x Eversor - 70pts

1x Eversor - 70pts

1x Eversor - 70pts

1x Eversor - 70pts

1x Eversor - 70pts

1x Eversor - 70pts

1x Eversor - 70pts

1x Eversor - 70pts

1x Eversor - 70pts

1x Eversor - 70pts

1x Eversor - 70pts

1x Eversor - 70pts

1x Eversor - 70pts

980/1000

+++++

Command Points: -11
>>
>>53648328
>If I understand correctly
You don't
>you can place it over the models
Wrong, you can move through models but you still cannot move or place your model within 1" off of enemy models
Pls refrain of posting in the future and read the rules before saying retarded shit like that
>>
>>53650376
Is this a counter to the conscript spam?
>>
>>53650376
WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY/10
>>
File: 8ths2.png (546KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8ths2.png
546KB, 1000x1200px
>>53650251
>>53650279
You're not allowed to target characters unless they're the closest unit.
>>
>>53650376
you know there's a detachment limit right
also, you can mix faction keywords in a detachment. people seem to keep glossing over that. so, you can take six eversors in one detachment plus one other cheap HQ from anything with the Imperium faction keyword.
>>
>>53650350
You tell me m8, I've checked everything up to date but nothings happening

>>53650353
Part of me thinks that the Crusader sacrifices too much utility for its firepower, with more points they would fair a lot better with gallant meat shields but at this level I think they need to be more generalist and synergetic if that makes sense
>>
How do I build a termie + dread spam list?
>>
Berzerker horde list (fixed)

<HQ>

-Chaos Lord on Juggernaut - Power Fist, Chainsword - 145

<Troops>

-Khorne Berzerkers x20 - Chainaxe x19, Chainsword x19, Power Sword, Chainsword - 343
-Khorne Berzerkers x15 - Chainaxe x14, Chainsword x14, Power Sword, Chainsword - 258
-Khorne Berzerkers x15 - Chainaxe x14, Chainsword x14, Power Sword, Chainsword - 258

<Elites>

-Helbrute - Helbrute Fist, Power Scourge- 155

<Heavy Support>
<Aircraft>

-Heldrake - Heldrake Claws, Baleflamer - 215
-Heldrake - Heldrake Claws, Baleflamer - 215

Total - 2,000
>>
>>53650028
Basilisk? Pfft!

>Marauder Bomber
10d6 S6 AP-1 D1 bombs

Hoard-be-gone!
>>
>>53650376
Not legal. Get some primaris psykers and stick them in vanguard detachments.
>>
>>53650378
The irony of this post is so thick you could cut it with a knife
>>
File: Capture.jpg (13KB, 517x53px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
13KB, 517x53px
>>53650288
I have 10 ratlings ready to go and around 20 2nd ed gretchin waiting to be converted into more.

That scamper move they get seems like you can totally use them as move-shoot-move jetpack-style if you don't mind the -1 to hit for moving and shooting heavy weapons.
>>
>>53649991
Basic choppa/slugga boys aren't bad and they help you fill up your troops slots. One big unit of thirty is also handy for giving nearby units a Ld boost.

Pretty much all ork units are at least somewhat good at assault, with the following exceptions; lootas, big gunz, mek gunz, flash gitz, grotz, planes.

The best value assault unit is probably kommandos, which can have a big choppa nob, two burnas and two bullet catchers for 54 points. Also notably good are stormboyz.

Dreads are expensive but should be good in assault. Killa kans have great models but are really more of a shooty unit with some ability to fight, unless you have a waaagh banner to boost their WS.

Generally speaking, take minimum sized units and give the nob a big choppa. A large boyz mob nob is probably worth putting a power claw on, because he isn't going to die for a while.

Trukks are a bit expensive for boyz. Generally you want to put your better units in transports and run the boyz on foot. Getting them all to arrive at the right time can be tricky, but look up 'refused flank' for an idea of how to do it.

Loading your trukk with nobz or burnas seems like a viable option.

Burnas are very much an assault unit despite how they look. A spanna might be handy to take with them if you plan to use dreads.

Nobz give you the option to load up on fancy weapons, but don't go overboard. Remember that some of them are going to die, probably before they even get a chance to swing at the enemy. Unfortunately, kombi-skorchas are now expensive so my old trick of having one nob with one who fired it and then got removed as the first casualty isn't viable anymore. Probably best to keep them relatively cheap, with a couple of big choppas and/or powa stabbas and not much else. Take an ammo runt though, even if you don't have any decent guns. It's 4 points for a model you can dump a wound on (ideally one which would nuke a nob outright).
>>
Can vehicles take objectives this edition?
>>
>>53650405
>>53650428

Page 240
>An army can include any number of detachments
>>
>>53650400
> Autistic to the tenth degree
The single unit wars on the planet Grassy Bowling Ball must be something to witness
>>
>>53650441
Sure but they are shit at it
>>
>>53650415
>Part of me thinks that the Crusader sacrifices too much utility for its firepower
It doesn't. Seriously, you need to actually read the profile for their feet.
S:8 AP:-3 D:D3 Melee that gets to triple (!) the number of attacks it rolls and then just walk out of melee anyway means that it's just fine. The other melee weapons are exclusively used against other knight-sized enemies. 99% of the time you're fine just stepping on anything that wants to try to fuck with you.
>>
File: 1473365132314.jpg (22KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473365132314.jpg
22KB, 300x400px
>>53650422
I like it
do you have the models?
>>
>>53650444
Anyone that is using matched play is going to use the detachment limits from the "organized events" blob because otherwise it's exploitable and stupid.

I mean, if you're going to half-ass matched play rules why even bother? Just be go use power ratings with the other 10 year olds.
>>
>>53650376
There should be a rule like you can only have as low as 0 cp.

Also, what the other guy said. You'd be better off with Vanguard Detachments. 2 detachments gives you like...12 Elite slots.
>>
>>53650451
Meant to be AP: -2, whoops. But, yeah, you get the idea. It's going to kill way more infantry than a big stick simply by swinging three times as much.
>>
File: tyler-durden.jpg (79KB, 1280x815px) Image search: [Google]
tyler-durden.jpg
79KB, 1280x815px
>>53650420
I think you know the answer Anon
>>
>>53650400
No, someone photoshop Robby just holding the guardsman around as a shield.

Maybe while he screams "look out sirrrrrrrrrrrr"
>>
>>53648664
Pentient Engines are not SoB
>>
File: 397.jpg (63KB, 447x400px) Image search: [Google]
397.jpg
63KB, 447x400px
>>53650473
>Anyone playing casual games is going to use tournament rules
>>
>>53650420
Venerable Rifleman Dreads are really, really good again. Autocannons are great, hitting on 2+ is great, they get four of them, what's not to love?
>>
>>53650494
umm yeah.. i was wondering how to distribute forces between the various types of units
>>
>>53650334
It's Cawl's anti-chaos technology. Can't fall to chaos if your armour is decorated with imperial shit.
>>
>>53650376
Eversors no longer infiltrate and have a hard time getting into combat without units to hide between FYI.
>>
>>53650441
>>53650450
One model may be outnumbered BUT you can use the bulk of the vehicle to deny space around an objective while the vehicle is still alive.
>>
>>53650517
Yeah instead Evesors are allowed to 'deep strike' anywhere outside of 9'' of enemy units before they get to attempt a 9'' charge with 3D6

Big downgrade.
>>
>>53650145
This kind of got lost in a flurry of posts, so asking again. Any dark eldar players able to advise?
>>
So let me see if I understand this.

As a Guard player, I can have a Company Commander and Commissar march 2 infantry squads up the field or camp an objective. With a pair of flamers for melee punishment this is a shade under 150 points.

Is the sticking power of just 22 men a sensible use of the points? Or is this the sort of thing you leave around objectives?
>>
>>53650511
damn, now that you mention riflemen...might make a rifleman gunfex with 2x 2x deathspitter. those seem like the new dakkafex now.
>>
>>53650504
No, casuals will play with narrative rules and power levels.
Anyone who's even remotely serious about the game will play Matched Play with the detachment limits.
>>
>>53650517
... you didn't read their rules, did you? ALL assassins infiltrate at the end of your movement phase 9" away from the opponent. Eversors charge 3D6". They're one of the (very) few units in the game that can pull of a charge from reserve, and they can do it whenever they damn well please.

Factor in command point re-rolls for the charge dice and they're stupidly likely to make their charge.
>>
>>53650517
>During deployment you can set this model up in concealment instead of placing it on the battlefield. At the end of your movement phase, this model can reveal it's position - set it up anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9 inches away from an enemy model.

And to top it off they charge 3d6.
>>
so blood angels for now is take an elite detachment and an hq detachment?
>>
>>53648475
Independent characters cant join so its worse, 1 in 6 chance of death since they are rolled seperatley.
>>
>>53650288
>Special Weapons Squad
You want 3 snipers on BS4+ troops taking an elite slot when you could for the same price get...
>Command Squad
4 Snipers at BS3+ for just 2 more points!
>>
So, bearing in mind horde will probably be the new meta, is the Land Raider Crusader god-like? Or the Redeemer? 12 Assault cannon + 24 bolter shots or 2d6 auto-hits seem pretty good to me
>>
>>53650542
Okay so to be clear. You actually thought I was planning on playing serious games with 14 eversors?
And on top of this you're just pulling it out of your ass that people with either play with power levels or use tournament rules and absolutely nothing in between.
>>
>>53650451
>>53650489
Bu-bu-but...the crusader looks like shit, Senpai!

Seriously tho, Christ alive thats strong, and may get nerved if Geedubs actually lives up to the 'Living Codex' format they are promising.

It might just be me but I think the knights don't look very 'knightly' without their fuckheug Chainswords, but I may have to consider it.
>>
>>53650503

Just like Celestine isn't a SoB, Primaris marines a can't use primaris transports and Ultramarines have a secret 11th company composed of Tyranids.
>>
>>53646697

You can pay 2 for storm bolters or just pay 7 for a plasma pistol and get something unique

Acolytes are currently there to absorb hits for your inquisitor or be flamer caddies although I will give honorable mention to power maul acolytes
>>
>>53650534
>>53650546
>>53650547
Right yes, forgot that rule is hidden in its operator rules.

Regardless an Army of only eversors have 50% sitting on the board. An entire Army cannot reserve.
>>
File: 1493973933597.png (1MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493973933597.png
1MB, 900x1200px
Are harlequins or genestealer cults ever likely to get a start collecting box?
>>
>>53650557
Not how it works at all.

When a transport is destroyed, you roll as many dice as there were models in the transport vehicle.
For every roll of 1 a model dies, HOWEVER this can be any model the controlling player wishes.

So a single Character in a transport is risky yes, but if there's a unit the Character never dies unless you roll nothing but ones.
>>
>>53650570
you can even add a stormbolter for 2pts and 4 more shots at 12", and MAYBE a multi-melta (less efficient for hordes but, well, it's more shots on your invincible stead)
>>
All you imperialfags going on about 'muh eldar waifus' yet we have no idea how their biology works. For all we know that shit is dry as fuck, with tiny spikes all over it.

It'll ruin your dick, man.
>>
>>53650589
Those seven eversors will explode upon death and out of the bloody mist will step a new set of seven eversors.
>>
>>53650576
Personally I've always liked the dakka knights more, especially when they're allowed to double up their guns. Renegade Knights with double-double battle cannons are great, and because knight heavy flamers are so expensive they actually end up being cheaper than double gatlings.

That said, Crusaders are easily the most expensive knight setups, so it gets really hard to figure out what to do with your points once you have three of them, especially if you want to go all out and get carapace weapons.
>>
>>53650539
I'd give them heavy bolters and grenade launchers but that's me.

Haven't played 8th but from experience, 22 guys can easily melt. Dunno how the new cover rules will help or hinder.
>>
>>53650557
That's not how it works at all. You roll the dice for all passengers, count the ones and then choose which models die.
>>
>>53650607
>Dry as fuck with tiny spikes all over it.
Well Yvraine is a dark eldar so yeah probably.
>>
File: 1493831845818.jpg (111KB, 533x495px) Image search: [Google]
1493831845818.jpg
111KB, 533x495px
>>53650607
And why should that be an issue exactly ?
>>
>>53650607
probably still better than skullfucking a blueberry
>>
>>53647104

They're okay, intercessor squads are fine troop choices at 100 points no frills or gimmicks. They're just not insane.

The plasma squads are pretty decent and the jet pack guys might as well just be attack bikes with two heavy bolters each
>>
>>53650557
Read the rule carefully, it accounts for that. You roll a die for each model and then for each 1 you remove a model from those that were embarked. Units don't factor in at all, and even though the character is not part of the unit you can still remove troopers first.
>>
>>53649470
>>53649446
Let alone the same name...
>>
>>53650593
Is this this gene stealer girl meme that I apparently missed?
>>
Is there a way to boost my Landraider's WS?
>>
>write list
>perfectly balance points
>satisfied with it
>then remember I need a 2nd HQ for a battalion detachment
>have to redo everything
I am not a clever man.
>>
>>53650574
I didn't see the 14 eversor thing, I'm a different anon.
>And on top of this you're just pulling it out of your ass that people with either play with power levels or use tournament rules and absolutely nothing in between.
I promise you that people will almost entirely play with matched play, points, and the guidelines that go along with it, including detachment limits, for one off games.
Maybe some kids or people playing a campaign with friends or other casual-tier things might use narrative rules. Even then, if they're adults they'll probably still use at least the points system.
I'm not pulling this out of my ass, it's based on years of playing the game and knowing what the majority of players are like.
>>
>>53650653
yes
>>
>>53650638
>the jet pack guys might as well just be attack bikes with two heavy bolters each
Infantry gets a lot more use of cover than bikes do. Inceptors should be getting 2+ saves most of the time.
>>
File: zecUNC.png (7KB, 236x822px) Image search: [Google]
zecUNC.png
7KB, 236x822px
Will be playing against my brother later today. This is my first attempt at a 1k sisters.
Any thoughts?
>>
I wonder if the guard will get any really powerful faction specific strategems sense they get so many command points so quickly.

>Preplotted targeting: 3cp
All weapons with random attacks can automatically use their max number of attacks for this phase. Attacks dependent on the number of targets (I.e. The Demolisher Cannon) must use the max number of attacks appropriate for that target.
>>
>>53650634
>not slowly tearing them limb by limb, making out passionately with them so that their muffled screams go down your throat before you drink their souls
Lame.
>>
for any of my fellow ork players wondering where the looted wagon rules are, here they are
>>
>>53650593
Boi I should just report you on principle
>>
The Militarum Tempetus Start Collecting box appears to be missing from the GW Store. Unlike the others its only available in a bundle with the index. I wonder if they're discontinuing it.
>>
>>53650670
I guarantee that in casual pick up games, at least around her, most people will
A: use points and not power levels and
B: Not give a flying fuck how many detachments you use unless you're using it to do something stupidly broken
>>
>>53650702
> Admin telling fans to use their imaginations
Kek, 40k fans don't have imaginations
>>
>>53650710
I already reported him.
>>
>>53650702
T...thanks GW
>>
>>53650563
trade-off is, the SWS can lose 3 guys without losing a gun.

the command squad loses a gun with every death.

yet another durability vs firepower trade-off.

This edition does feel more balanced.
>>
>>53650702
Friendly reminder that tyranid shrikes got rules.
>>
Stern guard dont get the special bolter on combi stuff anymore right?
>>
>>53650563
Command squad is still only 3 snipers as the data sheet dictates OTHER members of the squad after specifying a first who can have a vox caster. But yeah command snipers seems like a fun idea
>>
>>53650702
Have they said anything about Camo or Carapace Veterans?
>>
Daily reminder:

50 man platoon under 7th:
50 x 5 = 250
PCS = 30 points
Total: 280

50 man platoon under 8th:
40 x 5 = 200
2 CC's & 1PC: 80
Total: 280 points

You are not paying more to order your blobs.
>>
>>53650745
>Blobs
Very funny Anon
>>
>>53650736
Correct, but with being able to fire the combi-weapon as often as you like it isn't much of an issue in my opinion. Gonna fire the plasmagun part all game anyway.
>>
File: last_sunrays_by_zunnu-dbbqgw3.png (258KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
last_sunrays_by_zunnu-dbbqgw3.png
258KB, 600x739px
>>53650714

Shit you're right, and I didn't even get to buy one REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53650667
Sticking near a captain or chapter master will effectively do so.
>>
>>53650604
oh wow, never saw this. so there's an advantage to sticking a cheap unit in as ablative wounds.
>>
>>53650766
You should still be able to get it from independent retailers for a little while.
>>
Here, have a stupid monster list.

Super-Heavy Detachment
Renegade Knight, 2x Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon, 3x Heavy Stubber

Renegade Knight, 2x Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon, 3x Heavy Stubber

Renegade Knight, 1x Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon, 1x Thermal Cannon, 1x Meltagun, 1xHeavy Stubber

Magnus the Red

I had to neuter the third knight a bit to fit the cyclops, but you get the idea. Big stompy chaos boys and turns that take probably 5-10 minutes tops.
>>
>>53650607
Boobs look fine.
Hands look soft.

Good enough for me.

Bonus: mouth looks decent.
>>
>>53650752
Yeah, because they're better than blobs. A single attack can never kill more than 10 men, the individual squads don't have to maintain coherency and can fire at different targets, and of a unit of melee dudes charges one, that squad can fall back out of melee and the rest of the line can open fire.
>>
>>53650762
did someone mathammered plasma VS plasma+bolter at -1BS?
>>
>>53650668
P A T R O L
A
T
R
O
L
>>
>>53650691
>they get so many command points so quickly

Tell me about it.

I mocked up a cheap naked brigade earlier, 596 points. So it seems you can actually fit 3 Brigades into 2k. 30 command points.

around 200+ men and 9 sentinels.
>>
Just played a 1500pt game with a Brigade.
12cp is difficult io spend
>>
>>53650691
Are you retarded? That for 3cp?
>>
>>53650738
No, the diction is there to indicate a single soldier cannot carry a sniper rifle and a cox caster at the same time.
>>
>>53650691
I get the spirit of what you're saying but that seems way too powerful for 3 CP.
An ability like that should cost an entire hard drive's worth of CP.
>>
>>53650845
How so ? Tell me more.
>>
>>53650866
How much do you think? 4? 5?
>>
>>53650691
>have more rerolls than any other faction
>have orders as well
>also want this completely broken rule to solve the "problem" of too many command points
Still not seeing anything to shake my belief that guard will be the WAAC players' faction in 8th.
>>
>>53650841
How are you generating so many CP?
>>
>>53650896
But Conscript spam is easy to deal with. Just spam Berzerkers.
>>
>>53649095
Tyranids aren't even particularly good in 8th.
>>
>>53650908
I would guess he did 3 base plus 9 per battalion
>>
>>53650932
Way better than in 7th, though.
>>
>>53650636
blueberries are made to breed though.
>>
>>53650866
>that seems way too powerful for 3 CP
then you remember all those weapons still have to hit on a 4+

I don't think we'll see anything getting rid of the dumbass random shot dice, but guard will probably have ways to dole out extra orders or something similar with command points when they finally get a codex.
>>
I wonder how quickly the Index armies will be invalidated by codex.
>>
>>53650945
Blueberries are an alien race from the other side of the galaxy and therefore are not genetically cross compatible with humans though.
>>
>>53650875
Eh, could've been the format.
It was 1v1v1v1 (which is apparently now valid play)
We got about two turns done before game end. Had to push pretty hard to reroll minor things
>>
So I have a general idea of what I want to do for my CSM for 8th. How does this sound:
Group 1:
-Typhus
-Poxwalkers (1x20 or 2x20)
-Maybe 30-man squad of plaguebearers? Not that much more expensive than poxwalkers, with 5+ invuln and the same 5+ fnp, with -1 to hit them while over 20
-Deathguard Daemon prince (reroll 1s to hit applies to both CSM units and Daemon units, and the CSM DP is under 10w so can't be targeted)
-maybe some plague marines

Group 2: (non Deathguard CSM due to limitations of unit choices)
-2-3 squads of Havocs + maybe normal CSM squads (CSM squads can now take 2 heavy weapons at 10-man)
-Cheap Lord to grant rerolls of 1s, maybe some closerange stuff for enemy deepstrikers

Group 1 moves up as a horde against enemies, group 2 stays in the background, take out dangerous stuff from long range, and grab whatever objectives in the backfield.
Haven't calculated exact points yet, but that's the general idea. Thoughts?
>>
>>53650963
Index is probably just going to have warlord traits, relics, chapter/legion/hive fleet tactics and then maybe a new dual kit
>>
>>53650983
So no condoms, even better
>>
>>53650963
It could take a while. Within months we'll have Space Marines and Eldar maybe
>>
>>53651006
>race is meant to breed
>which is why i'll still have sex with them even though i can't breed with them
>this is an absolutely logical scenario and said race's females won't pick their own race's males instead
Fetishfags are the worst.
>>
>>53651006
You could still get space aids
>>
>>53650963
I can't wait to 5+ years for sisters to get their own, probably shittier, codex!
>>
>>53650511
> Autocannons are great
Lol no they aren't. Autocannons are shit. For AV, S7 is meh, AP-1 is beyond terrible and D2 is barely salvageable. For AP, S7 is just paying more for an effective S6, AP-1 is still terrible and two shots aren't enough.

Autocannon are turds priced as luxury goods.
>>
So now vehicle weapons have ALL 360° los? So a Vindicator can shoot backwards now?
>>
>loyalist marines can take 1 special weapon (plasma/meltagun) and 2 heavy weapons at 10 men
>chaos marines can take 1 heavy weapon and either another heavy weapon OR a special weapon at 10 men
but
why though?
>>
File: 1175811127466sr4.jpg (33KB, 921x535px) Image search: [Google]
1175811127466sr4.jpg
33KB, 921x535px
Okay, I've figured it out. How to use Infantry Squads.

>6 squads (brigade minimum)
>3 CCs (brigade minimum)
>2-3 Commissars depending on how careful you want to be (add priests for brigade minimum)
>fold 1 heavy weapon into each (lascannons or autocannons; you don't need anit-infantry)
>arrange in a double chevron formation
>commence fire, long range, force the enemy towards you
>you have more units so the enemy must inevitably charge only part if your
>fall back by squads; one squad retreats and uses Get Back In The Fight! While the others use FRFSRF to shoot down the interloper
>counter charge to lock up enemy squad for their next turn with just 10 men (if they're not already dead form literally hundreds of lasguns)

For extra punishment, screen this with a line of conscripts so ALL your infantry squads can rank fire the attacking squad.

Season with artillery and flanking fast attack units (brigade minimum!) and cook to the Emperor's satisfaction. Garnish with command re-rolls.
>>
>>53651029
If I'm on a T'au world, the population count there is insane, so the sheer laws of probability ensure that there will be some degenerate Tau girls with a xenos fetish.
>>
>>53651041
FYI against another dread, a rhino, or really any T7 3+ save unit, autocannons do better than assault cannons due to 2 damage.

its 5:24 odds per shot vs 5:36, but the assault cannon shoots 2 more times, making them both 10/6 aka almost 1.66 wounds.
>>
>>53651080
Becuase noraml chaos marines have been shat on for 4 long editions, and now we are good again
>>
>>53651041
should have made them either do more damage or have better AP. As they are, 5 points cheaper than a missile launcher or a lascannon and so much crappier than either. And at +2s over a heavy bolter, it's not even that much better vs troops.

I'm thikning of sticking with multilasers for my sentinels.
>>
>>53651081
Don't mind me, just placing more LOS blocking terrain on the table. You have fun in your deployment zone champ, I'll be over here capping objectives.
>>
File: 1496512574111.png (374KB, 520x853px) Image search: [Google]
1496512574111.png
374KB, 520x853px
>>53651080
>loyalist marines can take 1 special weapon (plasma/meltagun) and 2 heavy weapons at 10 men
What ?
>>
>>53651080
loyalists can't take 2 heavy weapons per 10 men. It's 1 special OR heavy if there's 9 Marines or less, and 1 special + 1 heavy if they're 10. Plus the sergeant's gear of course, but that's about the same as the champion I think.
>>
>>53651124
Typo I think
>>
>>53651122
>LOS blocking terrain
>18 mortars
>for 162 points
>>
>>53650702
>w-we don't have models for them guys!
Literally your ENTIRE RANGE OF VEHICLES COUNT.
Fucking seriously, looted wagons are a massive excuse for orks to buy vehicles from other faction.
There better be rules in one of the first chapter approved books.
>>
>>53651073
>Does a hellturkey shit fire?
>>
>>53651122
I'm sorry did you say LoS blocking?

Also note that I've got all this infantry, heavy weapons, 3 basilisks, command staff, and 3 Hellhounds (because fast attack, lol) for less than 1200 points.

How much is your army?
>>
>>53651112
>>53651124
>>53651140
disregard my post it's impossible to understand
what I mean is (as an example)
>10 man CSM squad can take 2 lascannons, or 1 lascannon and 1 plasma gun
>10 man SM squad can take 2 lascannons AND 1 plasma gun
for what purpose did they make them different
>>
>>53651081
Thats similar to what i've been thinking, although i feel the superior way of doing it is bubblewrapping vets in conscripts due to vets getting two heavies per squad and bs3+. Using vets, Lascannons are far superior to autocannons for the points. For your extra troops take meltagun scions to put the hurt on stuff like tonks and enemy arty, and force the enemy to split their attention. Until we get some bullshit-CP stratagem, theres no point in more than the 3+9 you'll get, so may as well load up one detachment. Something like a pile of commanders, four vets, four commissars, four conscript blobs (now that blasts and templates are dogshit, i can use movement trays!), two melta-scions, and then fill up on whatever else you want-i'm having trouble filling my FA and kinda thinking of bashing together some biker guardsmen for my rough-riders.
>>
>>53651041
Having played a game, D2 makes my panties wet.
>>
>>53651180
Have you ever seen the anus of a hellturkey ? Zero doubt that it shits fire, even more so than it barfs fire.
>>
>>53651199
Maybe because they are different armies, and having all armies be the exact same would be boring as fuck.
>>
>>53651199
but a Tactical squad CAN'T take 2 lascannons. That's wrong again. As I said here >>53651140 it's one special or one heavy, and when you reach 10, one special and one heavy. You can't get two heavy weapons or 2 special weapons in a Tac-squad. Ever.
>>
Looking at the Imperial Psykers...

do Wyrdvane Psykers have any use? I mean, their minimum squad costs 24 points and they cast on a 1d6+1. 1d6+2 if they have 6 or more (48+ points).

A Primaris is 50 points with his stick and casts on 2d6. And knows 2 powers.

Astropaths at 15 (laspistol) seem like great Elites slot occupiers though. They don't Smite well BUT they're great at babysitting shooty IG squads - divination means whoever the squad is shooting at doesn't get cover AND it can give the squad +1 sv with Psychic Barrier.

They seem like a must-have for shooty guard.
>>
>>53651277
oh shit nevermind the wording got me
thanks
>>
>>53651288
Yeah, I'd use one for a heavy weapon squad. If I had more than one.

Perfectly honest they're much better spent on BIG shoot units like the Baneblade, shadowsword or imperial knight. Those guys can ignore cover through sheer power but the extra oomph doesn't hurt, and units like that, that ARE big targets and CAN'T get cover, can get much better use out of the psychic shield.

Unless I misread the entry and it only works on infantry.
>>
>>53651288
Barring something weird like a tonk-only army, which sucks now, elites are probably the most in-demand slot for guard-everything from their various command squads to ogryn to commissars, priests and yes, astropaths is in there.
>>
>>53651368
I'm not worried. Just throw in a tank commander or Company Commander and poof, vanguard detachment.

Or run a Brigade and get up to six.
>>
File: keikaku.png (213KB, 636x367px) Image search: [Google]
keikaku.png
213KB, 636x367px
>>53651185
>Guard and Ork hordes dominating the tabletop
>GW planning on going back to Armageddon for 8e
>>
File: Capture.jpg (16KB, 322x99px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
16KB, 322x99px
>>53651368
>>53651350
SHIT you're right.

2+ save on a Russ/Basilisk.
>>
>>53651417
>doesn't buff
Oh,
>buffs Baneblades
WELL OKAY THEN.
>>
>>53651368
The only shit i am still mad about are veterans being elites again.
>>
>>53651341
you're welcome.
>>53651397
>run a brigade
you meant 'run 2 brigades' right?
>>
>>53651504
brigade had a 3 elite minimum, 6 elite maximum
>>
>>53650922
>>53650922
>>53650922
abandon thread
>>
>>53651504
>12 troops
>6 hq
>6 fast attack
>6 elite
>6 heavy support

Just because you CAN do something does not mean you SHOULD, anon.
>>
>>53651515

>>53651555
>>
>>53651515
Brigade is 3-8 elite.
Thread posts: 677
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.