[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 23

File: Exalted.jpg (80KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
Exalted.jpg
80KB, 600x750px
What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world where shoes are optional.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
http://theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
http://theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
https://pastebin.com/d8erArwm
https://pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
https://pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
https://pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf

Previous Thread
>>53564893
>>
>>53640244
That motivator is a great reminder of the disappointment of Exalted.
>>
File: Teaser_1.pdf (5MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Teaser_1.pdf
5MB, 1x1px
So what does everyone think of the unpainted mural? It's a fan project on Kickstarter that aims to get some Exalted based art commissioned.
>>
>>53642461
It's a blatant attempt by the moderators of the channel to attempt to jew the Exalted fanbase into paying for art of the moderators OC Donut Steals. The example art put out so far is shit, and the moderators threw a shitfit earlier when someone pointed out problems.

tl;dr: It's a worse jewing attempt than the actual Exalted system itself, and it'll either produce no results or shit results.
>>
>>53642461

I'm skeptical at best. Their estimation of $2,500 is absurdly low amount of money. Let's say it is $100 per painting. That is 25 paintings. I don't know of any artist who would make a complex painting (detailed background, multiple characters etc) for $100 bucks.

Also I don't feel anything toward art examples they showed. It just doesn't click with me.
>>
>>53642614

Yeah, it looks like it was made with poser. Do you have a link to the shitfit? I'm in the mood for salt.
>>
>>53642663
It's free though, goyim! That means you can't complain!
>>
>>53642663
In their plan they intend to do 10 pieces with $250 for each.

It seems a number of people are worried it'll be used to do some of their circles. Honestly, a pretty simple rule that would put a lot of people's minds at ease would be to say no characters from anyone's games can be included. Only canon material.
>>
>>53642980
Yeah, but that's 100% not enforceable at all, and this is Kickstarter we're talking about.
>>
>>53640394
What do you mean?
>>
Does anyone remember the dates of the very first leak?
>>
>>53644035

Not sure. Google search shows an rpg thread from 2015-may-26. If that is earliest leak that would be 2 years ago. And game was officially released a year ago.
>>
>>53645181
It was well before that. First leak I have is from June 16th 2014. But I was not really paying much attention and I am pretty sure I downloaded it after it was out for a little while.
>>
>>53644035
1st Edition - 2001-2005
2nd edition early 2006-2009 (1-2 books were published in 2010,2011,2012 but 2009 is generally the end)

3rd edition kickstarter May-2013
first leak - June 2014
officially released April 2016
>>
>>53645723

that being said in same amount of time (4-5 years) 3rd edition exalted published only one book while previous editions had around 30 products each.
>>
>>53642768
Terrible art, and an untrustworthy kickstarter? Sounds on par for 3E, at least.
>>
>>53645277
>>53645723
Thanks, even if that's as close as we can get. I want to see how active this place was when there was plenty to talk about. Gives me an idea of what to expect when new releases hit.
>>
Anyone got a spare Return of the Scarlet Empress pdf?

Not surprised it seems to be the only resource excluded from the old 2e material compilation
>>
>>53642768
Please don't shit on poser. I use it every day to create my perverted fantasies and I've become quite good at it.

The issue is that good posering is a difficult job, and the professionalism of the poser artists for 3e was subpar. Like, 14 years old who just discovered the tool subpar.
>>
>>53646456
>https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

go to OP's link. there is a >Resources for Older Editions for old editions
>>
>>53646472
>poser
talking about bad you reminded me of 4th edition - GURPS Magic. That was really bad. And I think most of the book was made by the dude who used poser.
>>
File: magical-realm.jpg (298KB, 1898x744px) Image search: [Google]
magical-realm.jpg
298KB, 1898x744px
>>53646502
>>
>>53642614
>lemmington
>>
>>53640244
How to trigger the flaw of characters who's players take on climate sensitivity for climates we are unlikely to visit? Like we are in the fucking south man, how will your sea-sickness or jungle allergy will hinder you?
>>
>>53640244
>What is Exalted?

Dead.
>>
>>53642461
>Paying for dogshit poser art

OPP shills are the lowest form of life.
>>
>>53642461
Seems fine to me. People who want to pay for it will pay for it, people who don't want to pay for it will still get some art if it gets made.
>>
>>53648341
why did you let them take it if they were never going to end up on a boat or jungle?

thats more on you as st giving free bp than "how to trigger it"
>>
>>53645723
>>53645754

Yeah considering that we haven't even seen a single sourcebook for this yet, I'm calling this game DOA.
>>
>>53648341

Area of magical bullshit that invokes the climate. Going to look for a manse? Surprise, it's a water manse surrounded by a huge lake, on which it rests on a free floating construction. Everything is constantly shifting, just enough to give you seasickness. Jungle allergy? Wood demense, everything is overgrown thick with plant life like a jungle due to the rampant unchecked font of wood essence, etc.
>>
Exalted collapsed under the weight of it's own bloat, stupidity, drama and shitty-ass pandering pretentious writers. Oh and trying to bite more than they could chew for 3rd edition.

Shame. Part of me like to think there was something good in there, somewhere, long ago.
>>
>>53651887
>>53652951

Well if I ever win the lottery I'll buy the rights to Exalted and hire people to work on 4e.

Though I have a feeling people might not like some of my changes. How do you feel about making Infernals the main splat?
>>
>>53653090
>How do you feel about making Infernals the main splat?
Yozi fanboy pls. Stop. It's embarrassing.
>>
Since Exalted is practically dead anyone know how Scion is coming along?
>>
>>53653133
>oh whoops we totally ruined this game you like!
>yes, give us money we will totally not ruin that other game we swear!
>>
Why are people complaining the game is dead all of a sudden? Did something happen? They only just booted off the old devs for people that actually seemed to be doing their damn jobs.
>>
>>53653147
Considering Holden and Mork weren't involved with it I have higher expectations. However to be honest it doesn't really appeal to me but I am curious if its development is as much a cluster fuck as 3e is.
>>
>>53653209
4chan is a hell of people who see dead things
>>
>>53653209
A single petty manchild is replying to their own posts to make it seem like they're not an isolated little whiner, would be my guess.
>>
>>53653133

I'm holding out hope for the aberrant line. It remains one of my favorite settings.
>>
>>53653209
which old devs were booted off?
>>
>>53650412
>>53652948

Why people assume I am the ST when I ask things like this? I'm just a salty player who didn't go for power build.
>>
>>53650412
>>53648341
They gain no bonus exp if the flaw doesn't actually come up. Flaws don't give bonus BP.

It's a non-issue, anon. It's just a background detail until it becomes relevant.
>>
>>53653735
Holden and Morke are no longer the devs for Exalted. Vance and Minton have replaced them.
>>
File: mild excitement.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
mild excitement.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>53653867
>Holden and Morke are no longer the devs for Exalted.
Hah... Why do I suddenly feel hope after hearing that? Even if it's a little small.
>>
>>53653791

Because you sounded like an ST. Also, it's your own fault for not trying to make the best character you can. RPG's aren't a competition, but neither are they an excuse to just slap random numbers on a page in what is a team effort, and expect things to work out. Think of it like this: Would you want to be paired up with the guy who does the minimum of work expected, or would you like to be paired with the guy who is known for giving his all?
>>
File: HoldenAndMorke.jpg (168KB, 1460x312px) Image search: [Google]
HoldenAndMorke.jpg
168KB, 1460x312px
>>53653900

Probably because both of them were insufferable shitheads who thought that because they could write passable mechanics it gave them carte blanche to ignore any good advice (such as "hey, don't fucking do this, you retards") or issues with what they were writing, and also to try and smother the game line to eke out more money.
>>
>>53653900
Vance and Minton have also been really communicative with the community thus far and have been releasing previews for their work, so we've seen some stuff for Arms of the Chosen and the DB book. Arms looks like it's just waiting on art and layout, and the DB book will probably at least get its kickstarter this year
>>
>>53654011
they also presided over some absolutely shit characters released in adversaries of the righteous and the bestiary
>>
File: Gurps.png (96KB, 246x432px) Image search: [Google]
Gurps.png
96KB, 246x432px
>>53653325
>4chan is a hell of people who see dead things
>>
>>53654099
>absolutely shit
In what way
>>
>>53653900
>>53653985
Isn't the entire direction the game has taken from mid 2n ed onward entirely their fault?
>>
>>53642461
>kickstarting art purchases
truly, we live in an age
an age of shit
>>
>>53653922
I apologize for making a person, and not milking irrelevant flaws for extra bp.
>>
>>53654347

Yeah, that sounds like an excuse. You can make a person with flaws that do not apply often. It doesn't make it less of a flaw. I know people who actually do get seasick. You know what they do? They don't ever go on boats, because they get fuckin' seasick. They live in landlocked states. They don't go on cruises.

I'm sorry you think making a character mechanically viable and making them have a history are mutually exclusive, but you're also flat out fuckin' wrong, and you're coming here to whine others got "free" points because you didn't do what they did.
>>
>>53653985
I forget, which of them was the idiot who exclaimed with pride that he'd never actually played Exalted?
>>
>>53654438
Seems like I've touched a nerve.
>>
>>53653112
Kinda highlights the problem, though.
People who like Exalted, like it for reasons that run entirely at cross-purposes to each other (and, indeed, the original premise of the setting), making it impossible for even a mild majority to be happy with it.
>>
>>53654543
True. The writers and the fanbase can never agree on what Exalted is supposed to BE! A high-flying kung fu mythical heroes setting with a dash of anime? An actually dark setting filled with dickass gods and demigods of all stripes? A magical transhumanism setting? Or a cosmic battle against the Yozi?
>>
>>53654438
>It doesn't make it less of a flaw. I know people who actually do get seasick. You know what they do? They don't ever go on boats, because they get fuckin' seasick. They live in landlocked states. They don't go on cruises.
This is complete bullshit, though. Flaws are supposed to have some actual in-game impact. They just plain aren't actually flaws in any meaningful sense otherwise. Sure, seasickness in a real life person does limit life somewhat, but it isn't relevant in a game where boats aren't involved in any way, and if it isn't relevant, it sure as hell shouldn't give points.
>>
>>53653985
>That pic
A neat idea but to my knowledge we still have no reason to believe any of that other than some random person on the internet saying so.
>>
what region of creation would you say the "path of the arbiter" practitioners tend to operate in? they were depicted as a small fairly cohesive group iirc
>>
>>53653090
better than solars(assuming you don't make them ability based), but I'd much rather see dragonbloods as the first published 'core' splat with solars coming out second, sids third, then lunar/infernal/alchemical as they're ready. abyssals last
>>
>>53656301

I would go with

dragonblooded - biggest exalted faction in creation
lunars - major opposition
solars - returned kings
sidereals - puppetmasters behind the scenes
abyssals - new treat
>>
>>53656410
yeah, thats better.
>>
>>53657118

lunars work far better coming before solars than they do coming after, so you've got good escalation in your order. (just figured solars wouldn't be able to be pushed off farther than 2nd since they're traditionally the main guys) my only objection is to laugh at calling abyssals a treat but I do that with a ;) attached to show it's mostly joking.

and finish it with "alchemicals next and abyssals last. and and new exalts after that if devs feel it necessary"
because:
infernals and alchemicals are fun,
alchemicals are outsiders with their own world so they'd be after creation is actually populated (should probably be last even if they're my favorite),
and the abyssal "dark mirror" thing is easy to do with just the solar book while we wait. also abyssals just suck in general and may benefit mechanically from late to the line hindsight the way infernals and alchemicals did in 2e.

(and of course I'd left out the supplements for godbloods, updated mortal chargen, demon and elemental details, worldbuilding, bestiary, spells, artifacts, arms, etc. left out of the list of splatbooks for simplicity, not as a statement that they shouldn't happen)
>>
>>53656410
honestly I'd put solars last. they're the damocles sword hanging over literally everybody else in the setting. makes sense for them to be the very last thing.
>>
File: ThatsNotHowItWorks.png (55KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ThatsNotHowItWorks.png
55KB, 300x300px
>>53657159
>>53656301
>Dragonblooded fanboys
>in charge of anything
>Dragonblooded being the core splat
>Solars coming last
>>
>>53653090
Completely agree as long as you keep the themed charms instead of making them green Solars, and dump the first 3 chapters of the 2nd ed book in the trash.
>>
>>53658823

New to exalted. First 3 chapters of infernal books are fluff or crunch?
>>
>>53658823
Seconding, also rename the fucking Castes for fuck's sake.
>>
>>53658940
The first half of the fluff, the one about how they're all 100% monodimensional villains and have child-raping contests.
>>
File: thedick.jpg (37KB, 400x436px) Image search: [Google]
thedick.jpg
37KB, 400x436px
>>53659058
I never really got what was so bad about that section. Other than Lillun, but only because she's gross.
>>
If any of you still have a copy of Anathema on your computers, please upload it to Mediafire so that I can get ahold of it again. I will enact whatever sick, depraved, disturbing sexual acts you desire. I will bully your butt. I will toss your salad. I will drop that pump-a-rum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wTndUgskZQ
>>
>>53659192
It goes completely against what's in the last chapters of the book, and it just paints the Infernal as boring moustache-twirlers.
>>
>>53645723
It is because writting sourcedbooks is no longer profitable in this age. Back then it was made by poorly paid employees, but as time progressed they were fired to be replaced by even worse paid freelancers. Then freelancers realized a man who works for such unfair compensation has less dignity than a whore, so the quited.

Even DnD 5e only produced few adventure modules.
>>
Which splat is the lewdest? Which is the least lewd?
>>
>>53659192
What would happen should Lillun recieve exaltion in normal manner.

Shes still human and any human can exalt, right?
>>
>>53658984
Hey those names are gold
>>
>>53659533

>What would happen should Lillun recieve exaltion in normal manner.

The Yozi will probably have some sort of security measures.

>Shes still human, right?

Debatable, but the Exaltations typically have a broad definition of human.
>>
>>53659368
>Lewdest
Lunars for sheer quantity, Infernals for quality.

>Least Lewd
This is an almost inconsequential measurement in a game about demigods and abuse of power, but Alchemicals.

>>53659533
>still human
Not really, no. Her body is a mound of mutated flesh that constantly manifests and consumes various organs. There are always a lot of tentacles, though, and she's long since lost her mind.
>>
>>53659211

This ought to have a few versions, plus whatever characters I've created and not bothered to remove from the folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/otjvdgewlfcnc13/Anathema.rar
>>
For those of you speculating about the reason for Holden and Morke being fired, and whether that's a good thing:

>Onyx Path Publishing: We need to release something to create some revenue and publicity, for God's sake. We're putting out Miracles of the Solar Exalted.
>Holden & Morke: We weren't finishing tweaking those charms, but yeah, you've got a point.
>OPP: And we aren't paying you for it.
>Holdorke: Fucking what? You can't do that. It's in our contracts that if you publish material that wasn't originally in the core book you do still have to pay us if you decide to publish it later. Pay is determined by word count.
>OPP: Not going to happen.
>Holdorke: We can't physically stop you from doing this, but if you do, we aren't going to do any more work for you until we get paid.
>OPP: You're fired, Vance and Minton will be taking the lead now.
>Holdorke: We'll see you in court!
>OPP: Good luck, kids.

I'd be happy about this if Vance hadn't acted like a child in a relatively recent thread. I can't remember if it was on RPG.net or OPP's forum. A fan said that they liked Vance's Old Realm alphabet, but that they liked the 2E Old Realm heiroglyphs better, and they stated why. Vance responded by throwing a complete bitchfit and whining about unsolicited criticism. I don't know Minton's character, but Vance seems to be just as much a child as Holden or Morke. And as a side note, while Holden and Morke did fuck up horribly as developers, what OPP is doing is flat out illegal. Whether or not they'll pay for it is dependent on how long they can draw out the civil court case, because lawyers cost money and RPG developers tend not to have much.
>>
>>53660325
Rich threw a bitchfit about the Old Realm letters. Rich who owns OPP.
>>
>>53660325
That wasn't Vance, that was RichT the head guy of OPP who hasn't changed. Vance is probably the coolest dude to work on Exalted at least through 2nd Edition. Throughout the droughts of information and contact Vance was the guy who tell posted on the forums and responded to people. And after becoming a dev immediately started clarifying super vague natural language questions.

Pretty hype for Vance and Minton.
>>
>>53659969
FFFFFFFFFFFFUCK YEAH! Thank you so much! This is version 5.0.0 and 5.1.3 is the very latest, so this should have basically everything!

Now give me your address so that I may fulfill my promise.
>>
>>53660362
>>53660388
Thank you for educating me. This does make things better. Kind of. The owner of OPP throwing a bitchfit versus one of the lead developers throwing a bitchfit is kind of an ambiguous tradeoff.
>>
>>53660325
We still don't have any confirmation for any of this beyond say so from random internet people, so basically nothing.
I find it easier to believe that whatever personal problems John was apparently going through are real and it was just taking him way to long to get through them so they let him go to get the line moving.
>>
>>53660513

>I find it easier to believe that whatever personal problems John was apparently going through are real and it was just taking him way to long to get through them so they let him go to get the line moving.

This.
>>
>>53659795
No, they're Saturday morning cartoon villain tier shit. Change them.
>>
>>53660988
>Being unable to recognize the pun

Were you in the special class in high school?
>>
>>53660325
More like

>OPP: Hey, Exalted is our top property, and with WW starting up again we won't really be publishing the classic World of Darkness anymore. We need material coming out faster.
>Holden & Morke: Well you'll just have to wait.
>OPP: Look. If you won't release content, we will. We have these Charms and we need to get this material out yesterday so Exalted doesn't die.
Holden & Morke: Well too bad, we're not interested in releasing any material right now.
>OPP: Alright. Well we're publishing it, and not paying you guys because we need to get this line moving. You've only produced one book in 5 years, and this is supposed to be our biggest and most successful line. You've costed us countless amounts of money with your shitty delays and bullshit excuses. We put up with them, but we need to start getting stuff out and released already.
>Holden & Morke: Fuck off then, we're not writing anything else.
>OPP: Alright. You guys are fired. I'm sure the new developers will be getting out content at a faster rate than one book every five years.
Holden & Morke: RAWRGH! How dare you! We'll go cry on the internet and I'm sure everyone will stop buying Exalted books because of how badly you treated us!

>Exalted Fans: Yay! Vance and Minton are in charge now! And they're getting us content! This is the best news since 3rd edition was announced back in 2012!
>>
>>53661541
>>Exalted Fans: Yay! Vance and Minton are in charge now! And they're getting us content! This is the best news since 3rd edition was announced back in 2012!

Ain't it fucking just?
>>
>>53661541

There's a difference between rushing and quality anon. Holden and Morke wanted to delay Arms because they thought it wasn't up to par. Given that 3e is an amazing system, I totally feel this del-

OK even I can't say that with a straight face.
>>
>>53643843
May just be an outsider view, but when I hear "effectively playing a demigod" I expect grander than fist fights with gorillas. Bare knuckle brawling a hydra maybe.
>>
I know some of you grognards are still playing 2.5, so could someone please explain to me why Mind-Hand Manipulation was so shat upon in the public discourse during 2.5's hayday? Assuming a character with 5 strength, 5 dexterity, 5 melee, and a three dot specialty in grand daiklaves, the stats of a vitriol-corrupted orichalcum grand daiklave are:
15 accuracy, 16 damage, parry DV 7, rate 2, attunement 8m

Whereas the stats for a character using MHM with 10 willpower, 5 occult, 3 essence, and a three dot specialty in MHM are:
18 accuracy, 3 damage, parry DV 9, rate 5, attunement 10m

The difference in damage is massive, but doesn't stop MHM from being a ping spam monster. Higher accuracy, especially when you consider the upgrade charm that inflicts a -2 external penalty on anyone not using All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight. The fact that you get to use occult as a combat stat in addition to its normal function means the cost of that upgrade charm is more than justified. Higher defense. The rate doesn't matter all that much, though it does mean you get good use out of Self As Cyclone Stance if you choose that over Scorpion-Tailed Mirage Technique. Two additional motes need to be committed, I guess. You can also use this charm to defend others without being next to them and further upgrade charms make it really, really damn good at defense in general.

So why does Mind-Hand Manipulation suck?
>>
>>53662207
You don't use MHM for normal attacks anyway, you launch clinch attacks at the start of your flurry of normal attacks
>>
>>53660988
Why you hateing on the band names?
>>
>>53661213
No, I learned from your mom
>>
>>53654213
No they didn't take over until after RotSE
>>
>>53659368

Scroll of Swallowed Darkness by default. If you mean Exalt books, probably DB's, because the book might as well be titled "The Realm", and all the Realm does when they're not killing anathema is suckin' and fuckin'.
>>
File: Scarlet empress(Shard versions).jpg (248KB, 626x800px) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet empress(Shard versions).jpg
248KB, 626x800px
>>53664185
>Scroll of Swallowed Darkness

>This explains, to some extent,
the reputation among Dynastic
males in Creation for having exceptionally
large male members, as
well as the propensity for women
in the Scarlet Dynasty to possess
large, globular breasts and broad
curvaceous hips accompanied by
supremely miniscule waists—a
combination that would hardly
be feasible without the support or
influence of such sexual-attribute enhancing
Charms.

So if most Realm DBs are descended from Big Red, and these sorts of traits are hereditary, does that mean Her Redness is the lewdest of them all?

Welp, guess i figured out why the Ebon Dragon kidnapped her.
>>
Dragon blooded are still expected to go and accomplish deeds in the threshold for part of their life right? Would it be out of theme to describe that as a knight errant?
>>
>>53664348
She literally fucked 11 great houses into being.
>>
>>53666966
Does she have soem charms that speed up pregnancy or charms that turn her to a man for a night?
>>
>>53660325
I have to wonder though, did they actually have a contract stating the thing about non-published material, or was just the usual way they did things previously?
>>
>>53667153
I very much believe it was the opposite. OPP's contract likely says they own any material you turn in on a work for hire basis. If they ask for 200,000 words and you give 300,000, they probably still own whatever ends up on the cutting room floor. They then turned some of this into the Miracles of the Solar Exalted, John and Holden want to get paid for it, but OPP already paid them for the cut content and they refuse to pay them again. John & Holden then threaten to take the line hostage by not working until they're paid. They promptly get fired and replaced.

If John and Holden had such a clear cut case they'd be taking them to court over it, I'm sure there's enough pro bono lawyers out there looking out for the small creatives type and if it was as simple as that it wouldn't take much on the lawyer's end to get it moving. OPP isn't rolling in dosh, not like they can hold up a court case for 10 years to bleed the money out of the little guy, being a little guy themselves.

The contracts were either muddy enough or on OPPs side which is why all we've heard from John & Holden is passive aggressive bitching and about how well they're moving on from OPP. Now, is this a kind of shitty contract set up for the creative person? Yeah, comics especially have all sorts of horror stories about how work for hire robbed the creator of a ton of money, but even if it is scummy and it is how the contract is set up. They fucking signed it, and now they're having to deal with it.
>>
>>53660388
>Old Realm alphabet drama

You have a link? I never visited Exalted forums and don't know where to search.
>>
>>53667765
Far be it from me to deny someone a chance at getting mad at OPP.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1070312-i-got-my-book-it-s-super-fancy-and-i-can-t-read-the-cover
>>
>>53667818

I'm not mat at OPP. I just wanted to see how thin-skinned the guy was. I wasn't disappointed. What a man-child. "Nobody asked for critique".

What would happened if someone was criticizing (instead of critiquing) him instead. Guess if you aren't part of a hivemind you are part of the problem.
>>
>>53667979
Yeah, that whole thing was pretty fuckin' special.
>>
Are there any canon MAs that focus on shields and/or protecting others?
>>
>>53670845

Crane is the go to defensive style and has charms that make use of Defend Other actions.
>>
File: HA!.jpg (17KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
HA!.jpg
17KB, 500x310px
>>53663813
>See this response in the morning
>My mom worked as a paraprofessional at my high school
>She helped teach all the learning-disabled, drug addicts, and incompetents

Seriously, that was fucking perfect dude.
>>
>>53667278
Regardless of whether this speculation about not paying Holden and Morke is true, they way they're paid is known. They get paid based on published wordcount. The unpublished quantity isn't relevant.
>>
>>53671457
This. John and Holden knew that any words they wrote that didn't get published would belong to OPP and that OPP could publish them without paying. OPP was always very up front and clear on this to writers and suggested they not write a bunch of extra material. Plus, OPP is usually willing to pay authors for those extra words anyway (provided they end up getting published) as long as the author isn't some punkass bitch. But when you're an author causing OPP more problems than you're worth, it's only natural that OPP won't do extra nice things for you.

OPP literally let Holden and Morke take 5 years to write one book, they accepted all of Morke's excuses for the delays, and then the two of them wanted to keep delaying and pushing back later books. It was starting to look like Exalted would have a release date of one book every two years, and the two of them refused to speed things up. Rich decided to give them a reminder of who the boss was, the two of them freaked out and Rich took the opportunity to replace the two of them. Besides, everyone who matters ended up winning in the end.
>>
>>53671457
It's not speculation.

https://pastebin.com/raw/c1tw205f

Looking past the mountains of salt, OPP was legally in the right. EX3 was over developed as a book, but that doesn't change the fact that OPP owns the rights to all the material for it. Holdorke were paid at a given rate for the developed material, X amount of which was the used amount and minimum, which they massively went over.

I don't think they are malicious; they honestly tried their best to make EX3 (the whole line, not just the core) as awesome as they could. They have good intentions. They're also antisocial autists who have no respect or recognition for anyone outside themselves, and have no idea how businesses make money. They honestly didn't understand they couldn't develop the whole EX3 line at once and do a massive release dump decades later, and expect praise and showers of money for their I'll conceived paraherculean effort.
>>
This has been probably asked a million times, but must bonus points be spent at the very end of character creation?
I.e. could I save one of my free charm choices, raise an ability over 3 with bonus points, then take a charm that requires 4+ dots in that ability for free?
>>
>>53673493
IIRC it's fine as long as you qualify for everything you have at the end of character creation.
>>
>>53673493
it tells you this is not the case in the character creation section, anon.
>>
>>53660325
>>53671457
You're saying that there's a clause in the developers' contracts which states that they must be paid for cut material that's published at a later date.

>>53661541
>>53672370
You're saying that there is no such clause and that cut content can later be published without paying the developers.

>>53672436
And you're also saying that there's no such clause, but Holden doesn't actually explicitly state that in those logs. He's just saying that neither he nor Morke nor the writers got paid, which isn't the same thing.

Agreeing to a paid-by-the-word contract without a clause for being paid for cut content that's published at a later time seems absolutely insane to me, but then again, people can get desperate. I wonder if I can get Holden to answer my question...
>>
>>53674090
The xharacter creation example has a player picking Charms whose prerequisites he doesn' t meet and then raising the relevant Abilities with bonus poin, which is essentially the same thing anon's talking about. It's obviously possible.
>>
>>53658940
fluff. the yozi rape you for some reason, also lilun is very...90s whitewolf
>>
>>53659795
the names are fine except they don't all fit. for that matter, I'd rather they not 1:1 reflect the solar castes anyway. change up the caste powers definitely, and maybe even the favored abilities.

for example, the fiend's oath stuff works better for cecelene
>>53659192
mostly it's just a circlejerk that's been uplifted by whitewolf throwing the writers under a bus
>>
>>53675364
>circlejerk

that said, most of that fluff was still crap. ;)
(although some should be salvaged not 100% junked)
>>
>>53659211

www.edexalted.com/
>>
>>53672436
>>53674507

There doesn't need to be a clause, there would only need an absence of one. If they said they'd pay for 200k words, and they received 300k words, then they pay for 200k and use the other 100k they were given elsewhere. It's their IP, they can do what they want with it unless it was stated explicitly otherwise.
>>
>>53659192

Yeah. Things like the Unwoven Coadjutor and the whole Faustian Bargain aspect were pretty cool.
>>
>>53675472
>there would only need an absence of one

>>53674507
>You're saying that there is no such clause
>And you're also saying that there's no such clause

Reading comprehension, dingus.
>>
>>53674507
The freelancer contract with OPP states that authors will be paid per word published for the project that the words were written for. Words that are written and submitted to OPP that are not published as part of that project will not be receive payment. Any words that are submitted but not used for the project that is published revert to ownership by OPP and can be used by OPP as part of a different project without monetary recompensation to the original author.

This is the contract Holden and Morke signed. Moreover, they knew from speaking with other authors that this sometimes happened. They also didn't care when it happened to other authors, because they believed they were too special to ever have it happen to them.

I have little sympathy for anyone who sees a contract, knows exactly what the terms are, sees how other people who signed the same contract are treated, agrees to sign it, and then gets anally devastated when some clause they knew was in the contract gets invoked.
>>
>>53675364
The fiends oath think about weaseling out of deals and then betraying people about said deals? That is pretty Ebon Dragon
>>
>>53659192
>>53659533
>>53659946
Where would Infernal exlatations go if Lillun was eliminated?
>>
File: Desire to know more intensifies.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
Desire to know more intensifies.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>53675896
How have you confirmed this? What's your source? Reeeeeeally not trying to be contrarian here, I want to be absolutely certain about this so I can be justified in laughing at Holden and Morke.
>>
>>53676129

>Where would Infernal exlatations go if Lillun was eliminated?

We already know that it's not "If" as the devs have confirmed it. They might have somthing simalar to the Deathlords where each Yozi has a number of Exaltations that they can hand out personally.
>>
>>53676129
They would go to Lytek
>>
>>53676194
I know referring to Return of the Scarlet Empress is FUCKING HERESY, but it stated that if Lytek's cabinet were ever destroyed all of the celestial exaltations would automatically reconfigure themselves and seek out hosts with complete autonomy. That's supposed to be how they functioned during the Primordial War anyway.
>>
>>53676194
But the Deathlords don't gain the exaltations themselves. They return to the Monstrance of Celestial Portion, which is happened to be owned by the Deathlords. The Yozi would still need something to collect the exaltations.
>>
>>53676129
>>53676129
For some reason I wanna say I read something about how the Exaltations start going around hijacking demons and pulling them towards someone who is worthy.
>>
>>53676370

Abyssal Exaltations are already capable of that. It happens if the Deathknight dies in Creation and the shard can't find it's way home. Due to its corrupted nature, memories get burned away by the light of the sun, but due to the fact that the shard seeks shade due to being, again, corrupted, Abyssals are legally allowed to buy a single dot of the Past Lives Infernal merit.

That's all in the Ink Monkeys Ultimate Collection, if you want a citation. Page 51, "Independent Abyssals"
>>
>>53654507
Pretty sure it was the art director (who I know said that in response to "what's your favorite splat?") rather than either of the devs.
>>
>>53654213
To be 100% fair, Holden absolutely copped to being responsible for the direction of late 2e. He also said that in retrospect that was an enormous mistake that required a new edition to fix.
>>
>>53677952
Which is pretty hilarious honestly given how many people loved it and how popular it was.
>>
So someone has gone and gathered a load of screencaps detailing what went down. It looks to be a bit more complex than, "Holden and Morke holding the line hostage"

https://imgur.com/a/aDj92
>>
>>53680509
A lot of people hated it too, and it was less popular than 1e was.
>>
>>53681062
I always liked the crazy bullshit like motonic physics and the Daystar being a dirigible/transforming mecha.

But I'm not upset about them being gone.
>>
>>53680852

They show RichT is horrible person to work with. Looking at some RichT's posts on forums it is easy to see he is easy to get offended and insulted. He loves living in his bubble and everything that threatens it is dealt with outright hostility. You can see it clearly with the amount of speech and expression censorship (all in the name of civil discussion).

I feel bad for the writers. Wish they seen the red flags sooner and left the sinking ship before they invested so much time and effort. But that is what happens when you work at a place you consider your dream job. You are blind to negative sides until it is too late.

Hope Vance and Minton are able to put this thing on track but I'm also afraid history will repeat itself and Rich will fuck them over as well.
>>
>>53676562
I know abyssals did that if their monsterance was destroyed
>>
>>53681062
>A lot of people hated it too

This is true.

>and it was less popular than 1e was.

I'd like to believe this, but I feel like it's not so true.
>>
back to basics feels more sustainable long-term if Onyx Path gets its shit together.
>>
>>53684358

Can you elaborate what you mean by "back to basics"? You mean 4th edition? I mean if they did that I think most of people would stop caring at that point. They waited 3-4 years for 3rd edition books and they only got core rulebook.
>>
>>53680852
>https://imgur.com/a/aDj92
Wow. RichT and OPP are really shitty to work for.

I still hate Holden and Morke for fucking over 3e but holy shit do I feel bad for them.

Still hoping I win the lottery so I can buy the rights to Exalted.
>>
>>53659795
Well the other 3 are fine because Malfeas and Adorjan want to sound killy and the Ebon Dragon is a moustache twiddler, but-

>Malefactors
>"its symbolic becauze Creation is oppressing us you guys" as an explaination Cecelyne would realistically be happy with

>Defilers
>telling SWLIHN creating structured hierarchies for the greater good is "defiling" the state Creation is currently in
>>
File: 1476085861677.png (776KB, 769x580px) Image search: [Google]
1476085861677.png
776KB, 769x580px
>>53680852
>>53682235
>>53686917

All I'm seeing is a bunch of ass blasted washed up cucks that drank the SJW koolaid being thrown the fuck out like they should have been during the white wolf era and whining about it how their stellar contributions, which were all dogshit by the way, weren't appreciated when they directly had a part in WW going under and Onyx Path's repertoir being 90% pure undistilled trash to be honest.

They had this coming literally decades ago, RichT shouldn't be disparaged because of this but praised for excising the cancer. Maybe OPP can stop being trash now and actually get a grip instead of just being the pet project of Holden and David Hill while pocketing all the kickstarter money without actually delivering.
>>
Wew, haven't been here in ages.

Do rules lawyer-proofed perfects still exist in 3e? A friend showed me part of the core book and it reminded me a little of the Godbound powers, but I must've missed the explicit little sidebar about defence>offence. Also bit confused why Heavenly Guardian Defence and Seven Shadows seem relatively unchanged, but Adamant Skin just makes you tougher instead of MIRACULOUSLY bouncing the attack off your GLORIOUS SOLAR ABS.
>>
File: 1321593278230.jpg (56KB, 906x736px) Image search: [Google]
1321593278230.jpg
56KB, 906x736px
>>53680852
>>53682235

So if all this shit is true, how is onyx path not up to its neck in lawsuits?
>>
>>53688411

Lawsuits cost money. Freelancers do freelancing because they are drowning in money.
>>
File: 1466693659918.gif (2MB, 548x610px) Image search: [Google]
1466693659918.gif
2MB, 548x610px
>>53688411
>>53688475
Freelancers sign a contract to work for free unless they become repeat clients in the first place.

Horke, Holden, Hill. etc. had salaries for being core employees, wanted dev salary as well while also working as freelance writers for some more money. Then they're surprised at being fired after releasing 3e Exalted over half a decade late full of traced/poser art (paid ahead, to their artist friends), requiring erratas and kickstarter milestones missing with nary an explanation.

90% of their grievances is not being paid more while causing the clusterfuck in Exalted 3e, or Changeling 2e (copy pasted swaths of 1e core book), or gems like Mage20, Beast, etc.

I love the part where David Hill is mad over not being paid a cent for running a game to 1000+$ kickstarter backers, oh you poor person.

In the end their whole argument is that BUT RICHT IS THE CAUSE OF EVERYTHING! While they basically had an unlimited deadline and 0 oversight yet still fucked up preposterously.

Which I guess really is RichT's fault. Should have never hired them in the first place.
>>
>>53688370

Seven Shadows Evasion is a "true" perfect allowing you to evade an attack uncontested once per scene, but can be reset. Heavenly Guardian Defence needs to use initiative as fuel, and as such carries its own risks.

As a whole though, Ex3 it much better than 2e, but that's admittedly a low bar.
>>
>>53680852
>Believing literally anything involving David Hill

Ahahahahaha fuck no
>>
>>53688573
From the way most of the caps read they seemed to finish their shit with a relatively okay schedule and then rich sat with his thumb up his ass. And most of there grievance is not being paid more but being paid at all, along side opp actually doing what agreed upon contracts stated.

Also the salary thing seems to not really hold water either. So yea it is RichT's fault for having shit practices and disregarding contracts
>>
>>53689416
That...seems rather inconsistent and pointlessly arbitrary. So after all that song and dance we're still back to good ol' rocket tag at a slower pace simply because of that one charm's existence, or is there a more efficient way to "reset" SSE now? And what are the major risks of using initiative as fuel?

Also, for the purposes of applying those defences against them are Sorcerous Workings considered attacks?

I was disappointed they carried over the 9-step attack order nonsense, but at least the base game charms don't refer to SPECIFIC steps and the keywords are a bit more intuitive. Two steps forward, one step back I suppose.
>>
>>53688573
>>53689759

Honestly, they all sound like a bunch of sociopaths who deserved one another. RichT just happens to be the biggest dick of the pack because he had the power to fuck over the others. But in the end his company will probably go under too.
>>
>>53689717

>David Hill

Who's this guy? What's wrong with him?
>>
>>53689837
Truly, we are not so different
>>
>>53689833

Rocket tag is gone. While there are a few Alpha Strike builds, Initiative creates a buffer that improves gameplay, and mote-pools no longer dictate who's going to win right off the bat. It's even possible for a losing character to make a comeback, something that wasn't possible before.
>>
>>53689837
I agree with that
>>
>>53689833
Also the reset condition of SSE is a bit up there so you actually want to keep it in your pocket instead of just spamming it a la 2e
>>
>>53689865
At this point I just assume everyone who worked on Exalted is some kind of self absorbed, opinionated smug git with their head up their own arse. Just to varying degrees.

Well, I'm not sure about Jenna Moran but mostly because she went off to make Nobilis which is even more confusing than Exalted in some ways.

>>53689881
Hard to imagine how that works based on the combat system-but that's good news!

Now to wait another century or so for Infernals to be published...
>>
>>53689894
Fair enough.

Also, it's probably just me being autistic, but I keep wondering why SSE in particular remains the "true" perfect defence when all the others have become "merely" standard supernatural durability and a conditional causality trick.
>>
>>53687933
Okay Rich
>>
>>53689865
Expat cuck SJW living in Japan yet knows nothing of it, highly possible he is literally Ken-sama the meme IRL.

https://twitter.com/machineiv/status/824480840503603202

His twitter.
>>
>>53689759
>From the way most of the caps read they seemed to finish their shit with a relatively okay schedule and then rich sat with his thumb up his ass.

Yeah no.
>>
>>53685029
Making Creation itself the focus and expanding it. The Dreaming Sea is better for the game than official support for your PCs going to the moon.
>>
>>53689833

>I was disappointed they carried over the 9-step attack order nonsense

Most of the time you only used four steps anyways.
>>
>>53680852
What I'm getting from most of this is that Rich is lazy and either slimy or desperate, Holden is pissed and venting in his uniquely antisocial way, and Morke is a self obsessed prick who thinks his shit smells like cinnamon buns.

Before reading that, I thought Morke was just sick or lazy. But holy fuck, he can't even keep his own bullshit straight. First layout took a year. Then 2.5. Then a year, but writing also took a year. But that was after he spent almost a year working on what he claimed was just over a quarter of what he did. But then, if layout was competent, it would have been out on time. Wait, no, not on time, just 4 years late instead of 5.

That's not even mentioning alternating shitting on Vance and Minton and praising them. Are they great writers? Or are they thieves. First they can't possibly fill his shoes...then they can....then they can if they steal his (obviously stellar) work. Which they wrote. But he can claim it's his and awesome, because he told them it was shit and to start again from scratch. But they are great.

Is Morke secretly Trump?
>>
>>53687933
Don't forget Vance drank the social justice koolaid with them
>>
>>53690568
Your objection is that he hates /pol/? Everyone hates /pol/. Hating /pol/ is the sign of a well adjusted human being.
>>
>>53694036

Did he? He seems to keep it to himself when on the forums at least.
>>
>>53694346
He's a lawyer, or a soon-to-be lawyer, who apparently intends to specialize in LGBT rights. He's into literal social justice,at least. Nothing wrong with that, though, and as you said he keeps it to himself on the forums.
>>
>>53688370
I saw the reasons for AST as twofold-

-Making someone fail to do damage is way stronger than making them miss because instead of losing 2-3 points of initiative they reset to base.

- 3e is trying to repackage the Solars as the most human of the Exalted and passive invulnerability (and how it's invariably thwarted) is generally a better fit for monsters than heroes. So the Adamant Skin is really about being better at using armour to absorb a blow. Which might not be to everyone's taste but in context is rather cool.
>>
>>53694643

Oh shit, fair fucks to him. I'm so used to internet slacktivists that I'm a little jaded. Good luck to him.

>>53694666

>3e is trying to repackage the Solars as the most human of the Exalted

Is this official or just an observation?
>>
>>53694643
Agree, more of a SJA than a SJW.
>>
>>53694702
Mostly an observation + a few things the previous developers have said.
>>
in 2.5e how do you feel about a houserule that *all* infernals automatically favor malfeas(so slayers get caste+2 favored picks, everybody else has caste+favored+malfeas)
>>
>>53690568
is this the absurdly douchy looking guy who sets himself up as champion of the whitepeople in japan's racist culture and sued them for citizenship?
>>
>>53694210
>Delusional

Besides no-one said anything about /pol/
>>
>>53695019
nevermind, was thinking of Debito Arudo.

whos this other guy people hate then?
>>
>>53688370

Kinda sorta. The holy trinity of Perfect Defense, Heavenly Guardian Defense, Adamant Skin Technique, and Seven Shadows Evasion are still here, but they have some cravats to them.

- HGD doesn't automatically block attacks anymore. Instead you pay 4m and it allows you to block unblockable attacks (EX: Use parry against them) and unexpected attacks (It basically comes with SAM from 2e by default). While it works for attacks that deal *plot* level damage like a mountain landing on top of you, it works differently in normal combat requiring you to bleed resources to offset damage done if an attack gets through. Meaning a mortal with a knife can bypass HGD and gank you, but if this happened then you have really fucked up.

- SSE is an automatic dodge against anything period, just like in 2e. It even comes with a benefit that if you use it to dodge environmental damage you become immune to it for the scene, but it now costs 4m 1WP to use and can only be used once per scene. It can be 'reset', but it's tricky to do and will only happen in longer fights.

- AST is like HGD in a sense only instead of paying a variable amount of resources, you pay a flat cost and get a shitload less damage from an attack. A bit inferior to HGD, but combining HGD and AST together gives you retarded staying power.

They're not end all by themselves like in 2e, but if you combine them with other charms in a tree then it's stronger than almost anything minus ESS 6+ charms from 2e.
>>
>>53695053

He was the lead developer of nWoD changling.

He left the company after WW hired some guy which David claimed to harass people he knew about.
>>
>>53670845
Same question, but for clubs and maces.
>>
>>53687336
>Infernal Castes being tied to specific Yozis
pls no
>>
>>53695874

Isn't one of the main reasons that Infernals are getting Ability based charms is so that themes and powers of Yozi beyond the six we got before can before explored?
>>
File: waifus are racist.jpg (84KB, 538x1024px) Image search: [Google]
waifus are racist.jpg
84KB, 538x1024px
>>53689865
>Who's this guy?
What do you mean you don't know about David "waifus are racist" Hill?
>>
File: hillary-lies-about-sniper-fire.jpg (116KB, 700x408px) Image search: [Google]
hillary-lies-about-sniper-fire.jpg
116KB, 700x408px
>>53693939
>Is Morke secretly Trump?
That's a weird way to spell "Hillary"
>>
>>53696049

I kind of wish that I didn't, now. DO you have any more?
>>
Exalted Music Suite is out.
>>
File: unknown.png (44KB, 136x222px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
44KB, 136x222px
>>53698478
where?
>>
>>53698501

E-mails have gone out, apparently.
>>
Dragon Blooded have the best music followed by the Solars.
>>
>>53699153

Post it.
>>
>>53689926
The reason is for gameplay, really. All three perfects are just as good at stopping "uncountable" damage (exploding volcanoes).
>>
>>53699153
Is any of it actually decent?
>>
>>53695419

>guy which David claimed to harass people he knew about

Zak Smith/Sabbath, the OSR guy who wrote their mobile game and is apparently now writing for Vampire. Apparently a bunch of SJWs hate him because he's involved in the porn industry, even though he's practically an SJW himself.
>>
>>53694897
as a reaction to adding homebrew yozi to cover the holes in the infernals tree, especially with the 2.5e changes to keep the favored ratio the same as solars?
>>
>>53696049
that japanese guy sounds like a member of brittan first
>>
>>53699187
https://mega.nz/#!iR0H3QSI!qEyt2LRaZpioQqEJbGWfHC9RHsGeMMvx4Zs4SrqEBY8

Weirdly, it's already available on a certain private music tracker.
>>
>>53699827
Geminite is pretty banging
>>
>>53699521
>as a reaction to adding homebrew yozi to cover the holes in the infernals tree, especially with the 2.5e changes to keep the favored ratio the same as solars?
That's the usual argument for it which makes a lot of sense.

Having charms based on more than five yozi is the only reason why switching Infernals to ability based could be a good idea.
>>
>>53694666
It's funny, the first half of the charmset gave me the impression the Charms were focusing a lot more on them being the Unconquered Sun's high priests instead of supernal excellence. The fire and sunlight seemed a lot more overt. Then I kept noticing all that stuff about breathing techniques and meditation.

And that was the moment I realised Solars are now Hamon Users.
>>
>>53695219
So just to make sure-there's no sidebar that says "Perfect=PERFECT" right? In theory, you could fluff something sufficient bullshit like an N/A artifact or a Sorcerous Working that can break through even a well executed SSE?
>>
>>53700483
I'm very okay with this.
>>
>>53699209
Even AST?
>>
>>53700529
I think there's no sidebar mostly because UFvIO for the most part failed miserably.
>>
>>53700577
Yup, anything that'd be Uncountable you just have to activate any of the 3 perfects once and you'll be safe from uncountable damage for the scene.
>>
File: T0giqwL.jpg (33KB, 479x750px) Image search: [Google]
T0giqwL.jpg
33KB, 479x750px
anyone wanna run a legends of the wulin game
>>
>>53680852
Reads like a script to an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I always enjoy seeing assholes fucking over other assholes.
>>
>>53700529

That sidebar isn't in this edition, but yes HGD can still block unblockable attacks while Seven Shadows Evasion is truer to 2e as it allows you dodge anything without a contest.

Don't make crap that can pierce through this, it creates arms races and pointless dick wagging.
>>
>>53700731
Best news I've heard all day
>>
>>53699153
db is definitely best.

solars will somehow steal it ;)
>>
>>53700529
HGD will block anything by reducing the damage you take. If you reduce the damage to zero, any riders on the attack are nullified. There's no way to bypass HGD, apart from using a big enough attack it can't soak anything.

But no, you can't have a Charm like, "Anti-Heavenly Guardian Defense" which lets you make an attack the defender isn't allowed to use HGD to defend against.
>>
>>53699457
One of the greatest divide in feminist 'theories' (and I'm using the word lightly for their whining and insanity) is that of sex positivity vs sex negativity, the latter having been quite strong these last ten years.

Of course all the sex-negative ones are ugly, lesbians or both so...
>>
>>53699457
I hate Hill, a lot, but he's actually on the level here, Zak S really did do that and is a giant prick. But it's sort of like John and Holden vs. Rich, nobody wins and everyone's an asshole.

If you are in the game industry you are broken as a person in some way or another, it's just that some of them have the sense to keep their mouths shut.
>>
>>53701643

Please provide evidence. I've never seen where Zak harassed anyone. He can be a dick, yes, but only in the "will argue with you on every assumption" way. Every time I've ever asked for evidence of his harassment it has never been provided.
>>
>>53701643
That's the distinct impression I've been getting.

I remember a writer quote on the Nobilis.me site who, when asked on what the inspiration behind the Ebon Dragon was, basically started talking about his shitty childhood and undiagnosed clinical depression
>>
this music shit is actually good...
>>
>>53702565
Post a link you cockteasing faggot.
>>
>>53703060
Not either person, but if you scroll up a bit, >>53699827 posted it.
>>
>>53703060
It was literally already posted you blind faggot. See >>53699827
>>
>>53702565
I'd rather have gotten directional music(or maybe even music for specific major locations) than each "exalt type" getting a song
>>
>>53703876
That's probably going to be included in part 2 of the suites.
>>
>>53699457
Zak S is so pretentious he makes oWoD look tame.
>>
Has anyone ever done anything with the remaining four deathlords? What are some of the best new ones you've seen to fill those roles?
>>
>>53706470

I remember seeing an old one on the WW forums that was a Mummy themed deathlord in the South. Basically dealt in curses and had riches nearly on par with the Silver Prince with legions of undead kings that gave him significant political pull.
>>
>>53699827
>Ex3 gets a music suite after four years of delays and bullshit
>UA3 gets three after 8 months
>from the same composer
It's just such an easy target at this point.
>>
Hey guys, are there good scenarios out there for that game? I've always wanted to play Exalted, but I suck at writing my own stuff :/
A full campaign would be nice...
>>
>>53707927
Don't write anything then. I run whole campaign arcs with as little as a napkin's worth of jotted down ideas and notes.
>>
>>53708073

You run campaigns. Campaigns. You had years of experience. This guy is trying to play Exalted for first time.
>>
>>53707927
There are scenarios, but Exalted, by its very nature, means that parceled campaigns are almost guaranteed not to work. The best way to go about it is to have a bit written at the start, to give them some direction to start with, and then the rest of the game is powered by their stupid actions and the consequences thereof.
>>
>>53708091
Well git gud then son!

More seriously, I understand the problem. I have a number of "one shots" I've run lying around. I'll try and translate a little something for >>53707927 when I get time. It might have to wait for the weekend, so keep an eye on here.
>>
>>53642614
Don't think it's actually associated with the discord, even if one of the mods is a part of it. I've seen the guy who commissioned all the preview art post in RPG.net art threads but never seen him in discord.

I don't use any canonical illustrations beyond the world map. Don't see how this is useful.
>>
>>53707927
Personally, I think the old DnD module The Isle of Dread would work for Exalted. Exalted has a whole heap of dinosaur stats in the bestiary, and almost everything else there is just beastmen and Wyld mutants, other than the kopru at the very end (which could easily be some sort of Forbidden Gods or 1st Circle Demons).

Sure, a circle of Solars would steamroll it all, but it's an open-ended but detailed gaming area the size of Ireland, and if the PCs are smart, they could forge it into their own little kingdom pretty easily. If they've got a Twilight with Craft and Sorcery, they could even start producing a bunch of Orichalcum weapons thanks to the gold vein and the volcanoes.

Then, once they've gotten themselves nice and established with their own little kingdom, you send in the Wyld Hunt leading a legion of soldiers (among other things) because they're one of the most potentially-dangerous Solar groups in Creation, having managed to begin kingdom-building in a remote area of Creation.
>>
>>53708117
>>53708131
>>53709237

Thx for the tips guys!
I feel kinda overwhelmed by all the published material and as I said, I always sucked at writing my own stuff.
I think a collection of starter adventures would be great for people like me :)
>>
>>53643843
>>53661908
Exalted promises a lot but doesn't deliver, mostly due to it's cumbersome systems and white wolfs complete inability to balance any game ever, as well as their fixation with wangst.

Exalted PROMISES grand but tragic OT adventures in the vein of Wuxia combined with bronze age and classical era myths, Hercules and Gilgamesh crossed with ancient chinese kung fu masters in an over the top fantasy world that is both alien and familiar.

Most of the time, it doesn't deliver that at all.
>>
>>53711393
What is wangst?
>>
>>53661908
Considering that the only hindrance to having bare knuckle brawls with a hydra is that your ST has to come up with the stats for the hdyra himself, I don't quite see what the problem is.
>>
>>53711540
Wanking Angst. Extreme self pity, self masturbatory drama, lacking in gravity or self awareness. Anne Rice novels.

IE what White Wolf runs on
>>
>>53707927

I made an ST guide for people like you.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sG52v0QCij7-vI0Y3Mb2s2gusu8dfkzdUOLkmMshw3Q/edit

Your first story may be awful, but you'll learn fast.
>>
>>53711907

Wow, I'm impressed by that massive amount of advices. I just gave it a quick scan and it looks really helpful, thanks a lot!
>>
>>53712515

No a problem. Don't hesitate to ask here if you need more advice/help.
>>
>>53712515
There is a jumpstart quick adventure for new players and groups called Tomb of Dreams
>>
>>53674507
I mean I personally don't even think they weren't paid. I think they're doing what experts call 'lying'
>>
>>53715554
They were paid for the corebook, they weren't paid for Miracles (because contractually OPP didn't have to pay them).
>>
>>53715539
I didn't know about that on, thanks! Is it better than Return to the Tomb of 5 Corners?
Oh any by the way : are the adventures in Time of Tumult any good?
>>
Is it wrong that I want 3e's Abyssal splat to come out just because I want to play a runaway Shoat of the Mire?
>>
>>53718014
No more than it is I want 3e's Deathlords to have actual reasonable stats tso I can play Lanfear and ruin some poor shmuck of a Twilight not!Rand's life
>>
>>53716317
It is better, and no.
>>
>>53718251

What do you mean, reasonable stats?
>>
>>53716317
>>53718261
I'd say the one about saving the water dragons gf is alright
>>
>>53718424
I assume he means the fact that in 2e deathlords were just 'lol scene long perfects fuck you' and were more or less unbeatable. Don't know what I'm expecting out of them in 3e though. I would trust Morke or Holden to do a half decent job based on their track record, not sure about whoever else
>>
>>53718987
Their statblocks also said they had access to every single Solar and Abyssal Charm, which is fucking stupid.
>>
>>53719294
Oh yeah theres that to, which made them completely monolithic. By and large every single deathlord was exactly the same in capabilities, so it's not like there was any serious difference between them.
It hurt their themes as well. The lover is supposed to be this social manipulator but she can also total bisect a T Rex with one sword swing
>>
>>53706470
I had ideas for an deathlord who wasn't a solar. Either a lunar slayed during calibration, a gold faction sidereal assassinated in the lead up, or even a potent dragon blooded killed by the fighting.
>>
>>53718987

>'lol scene long perfects fuck you'

Well, it WAS 2e.
>>
>>53720131
Well yeah, they kind of wrote themselves into a corner right out of the gate with the perfects in the core and then dreams of the first age on top. That was basically the only way to make an intimidating opponent. It's why I'm both excited and nervous to see what the 3e deathlords look like, the 3e system allows for much more latitude in the way of really powerful antagonists. At the same time, with the changes in the writing team recently, I'm not sure if they're going to be able to pull it off super well. I could see doing a really powerful fighter like the lion well, but what about someone like the Bishop?
>>
>>53706470
I introduced some new Deathlords for my games. One was a dead Sidereal Exalt who was a secret, behind the scenes ruler of several Underworld kingdoms.

I also basically lifted the Emperor Qun out of Wraith and dropped him in Exalted in the South. He was the ghost of the first Shogun and was locked in a massive, endless war with the First and Forsaken Lion.
>>
>>53709237
This is a great idea. I need to find my old copy and take a look at it. Think I'll use it for my next campaign. Thanks.
>>
>>53718014
I used to play with this one creepy guy who would either always play as a little girl, or would always have a little girl playing a pivotal role in his character's backstory. Back when I got Exalted: the Abyssals I knew he was going to ask if he could play the Shoat of the Mire, and he didn't let me down.
>>
File: v does the laundry.gif (1MB, 270x235px) Image search: [Google]
v does the laundry.gif
1MB, 270x235px
/tg/, my GM hates stunts as a mechanic. And not in the "I don't want to do stunts" way, more of a "I don't like forcing players to write unnecessary amounts of text for every action in the hopes of extracting any little bonuses they can." Since I explained him that they're basically in integral part to regaining your WP in combat, and most of the actions we described each turn in the last game we played, where he wasn't the gm, would have been one, if not two, point stunts, we're trying to figure out whether it would be appropriate to just slap a 1WP/round regen rate that procs when your essence regen does instead. Would this reduce the cost of too much?
>>
>>53722678
Just regain 1 WP at the end of a fairly active scene.
>>
>>53722678
give all PCs, the auto one dot stunt bonuses on everything (they're slightly more than describing the action), have one 2 dot stunt personal for each person, plus a pool of 2 dot stunts equal to the amount of players you have that most of your players have to agree to let you use. there should also be a single 3 dot stunt that the entire party must be in agreement for one person to use. this doesn't mean that you shouldn't even stunt again, just to speed past combat without someone needing to describe how they're bringing their giant sized daiklaive down through the roof and into a monk's skull for 18th time and instead speed past that part to where people actually want to describe their actions. groups in direct confrontation with your group (i.e. other exalted groups, the Wyld hunt, fair folk) should get their own stunt pools of equal size. you'll probably want the pools of free stunts to be refreshed after every session.
>>
>>53722678
You probably shouldn't be getting 1wp back a round, you shouldn't be reliably pulling out 2 point stunts every round in 3e.

The suggest amount in the book for 2 point stunts is 2 or 3 per player in the entire session.
>>
>>53723213
Right I'm retarded and misread that point in the rules. For some reason I thought 1 point stunts recovered 1 wp, 2 got you 2, and somehow convinced my GM of this. Feel free to disregard my whole question.
>>
>>53722678
>"I don't like forcing players to write unnecessary amounts of text for every action in the hopes of extracting any little bonuses they can."
That's not what stunts are. Stunts are doing something cool, not spending fucking forever writing flowery text describing the basic thing you do. You can write a single sentence and have it be a stunt because it's the action that counts and not how much prose you shit out to describe how you basically just swing your sword.
>>
>>53723316
This is something I regretfully see a lot in play by post and over text games. Length often gets conflated with quality, since you have more time to respond and to craft your stunt and because the ST often times feels bad for awarding a 1 point stunt to a 2 paragraph long description of how the character's hair flowed in the breeze as they gracefully cut the enemies in half.
>>
>>53723609

At the very least you should mention what hair products your character is using.
>>
>>53723316
Yeah, something like "I shove him with by shield, then strike with my sword when he's unbalanced" or "I grip my axe with both hands and attempt to bury it in his skull" would be perfectly fine stunts. Incidentally, I also have a guy in my group who routinely gives descriptions that would count as stunts, also in games that don't particularly reward such descriptions, but still somehow feels like the stunt system in Exalted is troublesome.
>>
>Ebon Dragon Conceptual Harmony

Out of the canon Yozis, what's the bullshit combo they/Ebby could pull off with their versions of this?

>>53724583
"Faster than sight, I appear behind Chejop Kejak. As I unsheath a daiklave folded one thousand times, my swirling hair fills the air with the heady scent of L'Oreal Greyfalls. Because I'm worth it"
>>
>>53721389
IIRC they made a free updated version of it back during the DnD 5e playtest. You should be able to find a digital copy of it in one of 5e troves easily enough.
>>
anybody have a homebrew setting called "the long second age"? it was more or less halfway between creation and exalted modern. used to be found here patternspider.net:8080/exalted/lore5/show.php?class=User&id=139
>>
>>53725829
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://patternspider.net:8080/exalted/lore5/show.php?class=User&id=139
Modernis Mundi?
>>
File: 1476373969547 exalted.jpg (2MB, 2160x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1476373969547 exalted.jpg
2MB, 2160x1296px
>>53725829
>>
>>53725829
>Modernis Mundi

http:
thor.divnull.com/pub/exalted/ModernisMundi-TheLongSecondAge.pdf
>>
>>53725879
>>53726113

>>
>>53723609

When I ST, one of the first warnings I give is that long, drawn out stunts will nets at most one dice. If it gets to the point where other players are asking you to move the fuck on, you get nothing.

After a couple of sessions, stunts become perfectly sensible.
>>
>>53718014

i want to fuck the shoat of the mire!
>>
>>53727040
Okay, pedophile.
>>
How's this sound

Guarding Star Tactics
Cost __(+4m); Mins: Melee 5, Essence 4(5?)
Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Heavenly Guardian Defense, Unassailable Guardian Posture

Standing between Creation and the dread forces that wish it undone, the Lawgiver will not be satisfied with merely defending her own life and will save those who follow her from disaster. This charm permanently upgrades Heavenly Guardian Defense; when the Solar uses it's simple version to parry away a source uncountable damage she may pay an additional four motes to completely negate the source. A cloud of raining acid is swept out of the air with a swing of her blade and a mighty torrent of light, the rolling lakes of magma from a volcanic eruption are split in half and soothed, while the rolling clouds of ash are harmlessly dispersed. Any mortals or similar creatures with no way of defending themselves are left unharmed.
An essence 5+ repurchase of this charm allows the solar to negate constant sources of harm, such as the burning flames of the Pole of Fire, or the deathly curse of a Balors Gaze, however in this case the cost of the charm is committed for so long as the Lawgiver wishes to negate the affect, rather than spent.
>>
>>53730296
Basic effect looks fine.
Difficult to assess the value of the repurchase.
>>
>>53730823
I was trying to in some way model the transitory and sustained affects of the 2e version
>>
Speaking of, do john or holden still hang around the IRC or have they moved out?
>>
What's the Niobraran War?
>>
>>53731762
Niobarans are apparently an aquatic race who will be a thing in 3E and who the Exalted fought after the Primordial War. They haven't been mentioned anywhere in published material yet, only in forum posts by Morke and Holden.
>>
Okay I feel like I'm going crazy here. I'm almost positive that at some point queen whats her face was given a full stat block, I thought in the Lords of Creation, but I go to check and suddenly it isn't there for some reason
>>
Does anyone have any general guidelines on how to make Exigents, until the actual book comes out? I have a basic grasp on making 3e charms, and I'm taking advice from the ST guide here >>53711907 but aside from that I've no idea how to balance stuff.
>>
>>53733036

As the person who wrote that? Balancing a charm in of itself is more of an art than a science. Basically you need to compare it to other charms. Usually my metric is "If another Exalt of similar power both fluff and crunch wise could take this charm, what would their reaction be to it?" If it's something like "Fuck yea! This is way better than my native charms! I want to get this right now!" then you fucked up, adjust down. If the reaction is "Wow this is shit, the only reason I'd ever buy this is to get the charms after it" then you fucked up, adjust up.

Are you making an Exigent as a player character or an exigent as an NPC? The latter is exponentially easier.
>>
>>53733178
Sounds about right. A whole lot of looking back and forth at similar charms, with lots of adjusting here and there.

It's a PC Exigent, the idea at the time is that its god is Golden Reverie, god of Ecstasy. Half of it is an excuse to learn to make more charms, the other half is wanting to see how absurd chemical-making can get.

A portion of the tree is probably making chemicals, another is likely modifying your body to give out pheromones and stuff; the higher-level charms probably include straight-up mind control via drugs.
>>
>>53733533

I don't mean to kick you in the dick, but making a custom charm set is often incredibly hard. A lot of Devil Tiger users tried to do this as their first sets and backfired.

I'd recommend practicing on something like an Evocation artifact or an MA. They're more contained and easier to make. Learn how to tread water before deep water diving.

Of course if you want to go ahead and make it, don't let me stop you. If you do, then at least here's how I'd do it.

- Are the charms attribute based? Ability based? Theme based (Ala 2e Infernals)? Or maybe something based on an ability rating like Sidereal Colleges?

- How would their excellency, if any, work?

- Start by charm theming. Brainstorm as many charms as possible, don't worry about things such as order at this stage.

- After brainstorming look at the charm ideas, which charms are the Bread and Butter ones? Things that are early on and are charms you'd use like 90% of the time. Think about how the themes and mechanics of those charms can guide you into new ones.
>>
>>53734415
>I don't mean to kick you in the dick, but making a custom charm set is often incredibly hard. A lot of Devil Tiger users tried to do this as their first sets and backfired.
It's ok, criticism is important for stuff like this. I've already practiced with adapting 2e MA charms to 3e, and making Evocation set or two. Not much, but something.

I have to wonder how they intend to make a book on Exigents in the first place, given how they're all basically custom Exalts. Thank you for your advice, I'll keep it all in mind.
>>
>>53734415
I think Devil Tigers are harder that Exigents because you need to balance them against the Yozi charms you already have or could potentially access.

I.E. an imperfection that only works in spiritual or physical wastelands would've probably been seen as an exploit however thematic it was for your Infernal to resonate with wastelands because you'd reaching around Malfeas' existing imperfection even if you don't have Ablation of Brass and Flame and no intention of learning it.
>>
>>53732212
and this is different than the war against lintha?
>>
>>53735054
Yeah. IIRC the Niobarans live beneath the surface of the ocean. They are a distinct race from the Lintha.
>>
>>53735777
Niobraran is the name of the political alliance of a host of underwater races which live in the Undersea beneath the Great Western Ocean.
>>
To clarify, what exactly is coldiron and what does it do? does it have any drawbacks?

if it's just iron forged a certain way why wouldn't everything in creation be made of the stuff unless 2nd age "mostly just iron" steel was somehow better in the day to day?
>>
>>53737317

Cold Iron, in 2e, was Iron that has never known the heat of a forge.

It's the same as normal Iron aside from the anti-Raksha properties.
>>
How would you fluff/stat a limitbreak based on kylo's bitch fits?
>>
>>53738149

Berserk Anger,which back in 2e caused you to break things in your general vicinity if there are no people present.
>>
Can someone post that warstriders evocation tree that got spoilered?
>>
>>53737317
Cold iron is unheated iron in 2e, superior blades can be made out of steel but require forging.
>>
>>53680852
I don't know whom I despise more - Rich or John and Holden - but oh boy is it fun watching them rip in to each other.
>>
>Running potential one story game for group to get them to know Exalted
>Ran multiple games before, think it should be easy
>Have literally no ideas when it comes to single story games

This is a lot harder than I thought.
>>
>>53741085

>>53741085
Empress sends out a legion with a task to conquer a certain city
>>
>>53741085
The Scarlet Empress has been found living like a milkmaid in some village the heroes arrive at, turns out she just grew dissatisfied with rulership and is lonely in general, never known actual love. She just wants to be forgotten. What do?
>>
>>53733036
When is the exigent book coming?

Can’t wait to make choosen of latrines.
>>
So..about limitbreak:

I'm thinking "this hangs over your head until it'll matter" and "storyteller picks what's appropriate" were both fixing the same problem, and I can just drop one or the other.

so I'll be doing "go down the list and put a check next to all the limitbreaks that fit your character, maybe a numerical ranking system for which should come up most and least often, you're free to pick just one but keep in mind it'll hang over your head until it'll actually fuck your shit up and i'll be letting you accumulate multiple swords of damocles if circumstances put that off too long. so the more you pick the easier it is to just get it over with in less damaging situations"
that way the st has guidelines on what breaks to pick and doesn't throw something out of character, lets the solar have a more personalized madness.

so asking /tg/: any problems jump out at you over that?
>>
>>53734597
your standards are too strict if you'd have outlawed cecelene because malfeas exists
>>
>>53742649

I don't go with choosing the limit break. I wait for it to reach the limit and then use one that is appropriate for the player and that scene.
>>
>>53742743
Nope.

Cecelyne's canonical imperfection is that you can't defend against people with higher permanent essence.

You don't get something perfectly tailored to plug the hole in Malfeas' defences even if it could fit her theme.
>>
>>53742649
Sounds like you're over-complicating it
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.