[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 21

File: highimpactexaltedviolence.png (234KB, 476x493px) Image search: [Google]
highimpactexaltedviolence.png
234KB, 476x493px
What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world where shoes are optional.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
http://theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
http://theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
https://pastebin.com/d8erArwm
https://pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
https://pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
https://pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf

Previous Thread
>>53484821
>>
>>53564893
So /exg/, when creating a Solar in 3e, how many charms do you invest into your Supernal? I find myself not wanting to invest any less than 7 in it, and for my current character have gone 12 in on it. (Resistance is the supernal).
>>
>>53565903

Typically, about nine or so. If I invest too much I just feel that I'm overspecializing.
>>
>>53565903
Around 8-10.
>>
>>53565903
I like to aim for a specific charm and try to beeline for it, so it tends to vary by character.
>>
>>53565903
I only invested 4 in my Supernal. Integrity.
>>
>>53567478
That's what I do as well. It's worth going straight for a very good charm, rather than trying to spread out; it's tempting to make a character who can do a bit of everything when you're chargening on your own, but if you get the character into an actual game you'll have people to handle the other stuff around you. Stay focused.
>>
>>53565903
My Twilight with Craft Supernal started with 5 Craft charms, since that's all he needed to be able to craft Artifacts.

My Presence Supernal Zenith Caste actually had more Performance charms (7) than Presence charms (5), but the high-Essence Presence charms were more useful for the concept.
>>
>>53565903
I tend to put half my allotment into my Supernal and the rest into useful sundries.
>>
>>53569133
Not too focused, though. Everyone should have a secondary thing or two they're decent at. Things will probably get boring ottherwise.
>>
>>53565903
if its an offensive combat supernal, i tend to invest more than other supernals, i suppose that's because i find the key abilities that add a big flashy bonus that let's me do things that aren't possible without the charms.
>>
File: MagicSwordGirl.png (650KB, 1024x950px) Image search: [Google]
MagicSwordGirl.png
650KB, 1024x950px
>>53565903

Pretty much all of them. Because if you wanna be the beast, you've gotta beat the best.
>>
>>53576783
>being an overspecialized autist
ummmm.... no??`
>>
File: Mitsurugi.jpg (2MB, 1906x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsurugi.jpg
2MB, 1906x2500px
>>53576841
>not being able to slaughter anything

How did you even become an Exalt anyway? Pfft I bet you didn't even survive the Primordial War, you fukken nerd.
>>
>>53576878
>needing 15 charms to slaughter everything
Pathetic. Thunderbolt Attack Prana, Bulwark Stance, a few other charms to taste, hey presto.
>>
>>53576841
Being overspecialized can be fun too, if you approach it with the right mindset. I mean, not by only giving a shit about that one thing you excel at, because that sucks, but by handling the overspecialization like any other character flaw.
>>
>>53565903
13 + Sorcery and a combat charm
>>
>>53578939
Or you become a hammer so hard that every problem becomes a nail.
>>
>>53579128
That was kind of the definition that the devs gave for supernal. Your supernal should be your first reaction on how to solve any problem given to you.
>>
>>53579154
>>53579128
>be me
>Brawl supernal
>have to do social combat
>punch everyone to death and declare everyone the winner
why does my group not like me, guys????/
>>
>>53579614
>social combat
spoken like a true brawl supernal
>>
>>53579655
Yeah, it really should be emphasized that it's not social COMBAT anymore.
>>
Hypothetical question. How much would the Yozis benefit from 300 infernals and how dangerous would 300 infernals be for creation?
>>
>>53581806
they'd still be in jail.

Those infernals could fuck things up for everyone and make Creation suck though.
>>
>>53579614
Because they be beato leftists!
>>
Besides baiting out clash attacks as a Melee fighter, what's a good way to fend off a Single Point Stylist?
>>
>>53584589
Archery ambush.
>>
>>53584687

Archery only, or will any burst or alpha strike do?
>>
>>53584842
Well, Thrown might also work. Basically, he can't slash your face off if you're out of his sword reach and doesn't know you're there.
>>
>>53584867

Tiger as well maybe. There's also a Larceny charm that lets you steal a weapon straight out of someones hands, and disarming in general works if they didn't buy Call The Blade.

Is that all though?
>>
File: nothinpersonnel.jpg (92KB, 780x770px) Image search: [Google]
nothinpersonnel.jpg
92KB, 780x770px
>>53584998
>Is that all though?

What more is there? The best way to win a fight is to ensure the other dumb son of a bitch doesn't know he's in one until it's too late to do anything about it.
>>
>>53584998
You could probably do Thunderclap Rush Attack into a decisive Crashing Wave Throw, followed with a decisive Lightning Strikes Twice to absolutely paste the guy, assuming a decent JB roll, though Horizon-Swallowed Star Flash might ruin that if he manages to win the clash.
>>
Anyone have good suggestions for creating artifact armor? I'm fucking terrible at this. I want to have some sort of light armor for my brawl supernal, since there's literally no penalty for it anymore unless you're a martial artist, but unlike weapons, I can't make anything that feels thematically interesting, and the book ones feel so generic in the "here have some bonus math" way that I get zero inspiration from them.
>>
>>53576900
What's the Solar kill spirits Charm in 3e and how's it fluffed? Or is Ghost Eating Technique unchanged?
>>
>>53586267
A suit of power armor with strength enhancement and force fields - mechanically the same as Dauntless.

A suit of armor that generates glowing hexagonal force fields to protect you - mechanically the same as Brilliant Sentinel.
>>
>>53586267
Depending on the dot rating. How about an armor that is about elemental wind. Giving you the ability to do a rush+move action as it blast you forward. Depending on the number of successes on the rush action your next attack gets that much extra damage if a withering attack.

Or if you are a grappling brawl guy you can get an armor that lets you improve your rounds of control or lets you sacrifice control to improve or negate the normal penalty for being attacked while grappling someone else. It could be armor made of chains that wrap around a person while you are grappling.

It could be something along the lines of freedoms cadence where as long as you have the advantage you gain a big benefit when you have someone crashed or a big loss when they crash you.
>>
>>53586267
What's the story behind that filename?
>>
>>53587130
Touhou 15.
>>
>>53565903
Depends totally on the character. One was only three the other was seven.
>>
>>53587130
It's part of a picture from the 3e corebook, where a Solar is beating up some bears, and another bear is standing in the background with that look on its face.
>>
>>53588471
Derp. I thought you were asking about the picture in the OP.
>>
File: Fighting-in-the-Buff.jpg (81KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Fighting-in-the-Buff.jpg
81KB, 1200x630px
>>53586267
Armor is for faggots, real men fight naked.
>>
>>53590599
"SERIOUSLY?! ARE YOU FUCKERS SERIOUS NOW?!"
>>
>>53585788

That's a good strategy, yes, but does that mean that if you can't ambush, there's only Melee clashes and disarming? Surely Brawl has something. Grappling, maybe?
>>
>>53590599
True men use Adamant Skin Technique and learn to love it.
>>
>>53586435
It's still Ghost-Eating Technique.
>>
>>53590599
>being naked but still utilizing a shield

for what purpose?
>>
>>53594732
>not using your shield as a weapon
manlets
>>
File: BeefyBrawler.jpg (103KB, 700x673px) Image search: [Google]
BeefyBrawler.jpg
103KB, 700x673px
>>53579614

Because when you beat everyone to death you're supposed to declare YOURSELF the winner.
>>
File: NativeGirl.jpg (610KB, 986x1522px) Image search: [Google]
NativeGirl.jpg
610KB, 986x1522px
>>53581806
>How much would the Yozis benefit from 300 infernals

The same they benefit from 0 Infernals or 1,000 Infernals. Which is "not at all". Because they're forever stuck in their prison and nothing can get them out. It's a setting feature and design element, the Yozi are done, over, finito, they lost, forever, and they are a history note in the setting and nothing more.

>how dangerous would 300 infernals be for creation?

As dangerous as 300 Solars, or 300 Abyssals.
>>
>>53595086
>he doesn't understand the Reclamation
They can expand Hell's borders to include what they want to conquer. Or let me guess, you refused to read/acknowledge RotSE as a possibility.
>>
File: Steel Devil Stylist.jpg (2MB, 3500x4660px) Image search: [Google]
Steel Devil Stylist.jpg
2MB, 3500x4660px
So Steel Devil Style is seen as weak because of it's difficulty in overcoming defences; but how does it fare in a clash? Dual Wielding light weapons is the best for those, and using Double or Triple Attack Technique to ignore defence on the first hit and winning the clash means that the loser suffer a -2 defence penalty until their next turn on top of the -1 for Onslaught.
>>
>>53597135
lol
>>
>>53597173
>get proven wrong
>"lol"
;^)
>>
>>53597135
>They can expand Hell's borders to include what they want to conquer. Or let me guess, you refused to read/acknowledge RotSE as a possibility.
That's what most reasonable people do. RotSE isn't canon, as acknowledged by Holden, and even the Infernals book states that the Reclamation is, by default, not possible.
>>
>>53597270
>shit Holden says
>shit the Infernals book says
not an argument.
>>
>>53597294
Okay. Official material and official dev statements aren't arguments, but things some random anon says are. Makes sense.
>>
>>53597321
I'm more credible than Holden, yes. It's not a high bar.
>>
>>53597270

>RotSE isn't canon, as acknowledged by Holden

Well, that's one thing he did right.
>>
>>53597135
The Yozis still don't benefit from them, not in the long run. Infernals are more the ultimate mistake made by them than something that will actually make the Reclamation succeed, even if it's possible.

It seems really ridiculous for any long-term character concept that someone would just accept the Reclamation and their role as Green Sun Prince. Like, in first few years before the Yozis show their ugly side, maybe. Maybe you enjoy having power over others and are just going with the power high and you don't really care for the consequences. Maybe you genuinely like the guys out of some misguided sense of empathy. Maybe you just think they're being honest with their brutality as opposed to the Realm which pretends it's civilized.

But dude it's literally hell; they're going to backstab you and throw you away the instant you stop being useful to them. They hate you just for being human, for being too close to one of the things that imprisoned and humiliated them, and they won't care that you have sworn their loyalty to them or that you've never done anything to them personally. They won't care, or if you somehow make them care they'll hate you for making them care.
>>
>>53597335
lol
>>
>>53597423
Yeah, that's a better argument, good point.
>>
>>
>>53597434
hi Holden
>>
File: creation provinces labled.jpg (298KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
creation provinces labled.jpg
298KB, 960x576px
Is this 2nd edition map still accurate in 3rd?
>>
File: 1495531720510.jpg (2MB, 5780x3740px) Image search: [Google]
1495531720510.jpg
2MB, 5780x3740px
>>53597503
No.
>>
>>53597503
No.
>>
>>53595086
>they lost, forever, and they are a history note in the setting and nothing more.

They also could never be killed or imprisoned. Wait a second.
>>
>>53597467
lol
>>
File: perfect defense.gif (2MB, 350x201px) Image search: [Google]
perfect defense.gif
2MB, 350x201px
>>53597542
>>53597541
Ahwww
>>
>>
>>53581969
>>53595086
Thanks for the replies.

The last campaigns had a strong focus on abyssals, deathlords etc.

Since I had the idea for an alternative creation setting with 300 Infernals. Nobody in my round plays solars. Either dragonblooded, lunars or mortals.

Not sure if it would be overkill, though.
>>
>>53597630
The problem isn't that it's impossible; anything is possible with Exalts, particularly Solar-based ones. Fuck, it's a game, you can do whatever the fuck you want in your own group.

The issue is that, BY DEFAULT, the Reclamation is a narrative dead end. If you make a story about the Yozis running free, you can't really run anything else because all plots are overshadowed by "shit the Yozis are gonna escape". Emphasize it too much in official products and you end up with what RotSE was.

IMO, Infernals work best as individual agents that the Yozis let run around free because they've deluded themselves into thinking that they will advance their goals. Just by existing, Infernals are tempted to take more and bad powers that make them spread Malfeas' influence, like addicts that inevitably go back to their fixers and then drag more people into the business. Similar to how Abyssals bring death everywhere whether they want to or not.
>>
>>53597846
I'd argue that that's what led to 2e's emphasis on the relationship between the Abyssals and the Neverborn or Oblivion over the Deathlords themselves. 1e had overstated the Deathlords are gonna kill everything storyline too much which overshadowed everything "lesser."

It was to the point that the adventure about Autochton returning to Creation became about the First and Forsaken Lion becoming a Primordial by way of a pyramid scheme.
>>
>>53597846

Having the Infernals fuck up Creation is the kind of petty shit that the Yozi are more than capable of as well. I think that I good endgame is one where the Infernals rule Creation and the Yozi rule over the Infernals, making them rule over Creation by proxy.
>>
>>53597135
>Or let me guess, you refused to read/acknowledge RotSE as a possibility.

Because it isn't. It's not canon to the setting and never can be. Shit, 1E flat out established it's never possible. Dev's have gone on record saying it's not possible. That shitty adventure book was the worst mistake of 2E, next to Scroll of the Monk, because it has retards believing Yozi can do anything other than sit in Hell and rot.
>>
>>53597169

Melee is still infinitely superior in a clash though so.
>>
>>53598441

God forbid we actually want to do something interesting with the setting now!
>>
>>53599247
The only thing less interesting than a demon invasion is a zombie apocalypse
>>
>>53599247
>interesting
>letting loose demons

Just go fucking play Doom.
>>
>>53599282
>>53599328
>hurrrrr I don't know what 'subjective' means
>you're not allowed to enjoy something I don't!!!!
>>
>>53599842

You were explicitly told you can do whatever the fuck you want in your own game, bitch.
>>
>>53597541
>>53597541

I might be retarded but I can't find any far eastern locations on any of the 3e maps. Nechara, Izahuca, etc.
>>
>>53595086
that's such a dumb hill to die on, may as well make solars forever gone too, jade prison inviolate, firstage gone forever
>>
>>53601187

Yozis work best when they exert influence on Creation, and as the hazards of exploring hell. Turning that into a demon invasion is just... poorer.
>>
>>53601247
Yeah. Demon invasion is firmly in the 'been there, done that' territory.
>>
>>53600094

But not the Yozi's breaking out for some reason.
>>
In 2.5 are there any ways to extend shaping, UMI protection over to others? The only thing I found is a thaumaturgy in Oadenols Codex, and all charms and sorcery murders thaumaturgy.
>>
>>53597976
>Yozi rule over the Infernals

This wouldn't work under the 2e module, though-because a long term victory condition for the Infernals would inevitably involve Devil-Tigers. Which explicitly have the potential to get stronger than Primordials, let alone Yozis.

It would be like that burnout deadbeat of a gym coach giving his Olympic athlete kid pointers.

The one good thing I've heard about 3e is the idea that this time, the Yozis accept all hope is lost and just want to live vicariously through their kids doing as Solars are wont to do.
>>
>>53608397
Make a bunch of artifacts? 3-4 dots ought to do it, if you can stunt the materials and making process good enough to impress your ST. UMI /and/ Shaping is a pretty big deal to proof against simultaneously.

There's Shinmaic Calibrations, although that feels like cheating, and the thing about miracle shells seems to prove even the devs realised so.

Though if there isn't an Adamant Circle spell for that, it should be acceptable to fluff one.
>>
>>53605663
No, you were explicitly told that you can do whatever you want in your own game. Yozis breaking out isn't a thing in the canon, though, and the reasons for this were already mentioned.
>>
>>53608626
Well I am satisfied with only one of them, don't need both simulatniously.

I guess artifact is the way to go then. Sorcery sounds good too, but adamant, and celestial circle are 15-10 ticks to activate, and thus out of the picture against simple action charms.
>>
>>53608894
When it comes to sorcery I always figure the trick is to have a comfy shed or something to hide out near the main fight, so you can carefully do your ooga-booga while your circle kicks ass. And more importantly, saps the bastards of their Unexpected tag-removing Charms.

Then-BAM. Total Annihilation right when the enemy least expects it.
>>
>>53608397
I feel like lunars had a "protect others from shaping" charm or two? or was that something from our heavily modified lunar charmtree to make them less "like solars but shitty" without going full retard with taw
>>
>>53608591
>It would be like that burnout deadbeat of a gym coach giving his Olympic athlete kid pointers.

it's like you've never seen rocky
>>
How does a high WP but low Convition character should act?
>>
>>53612382
You don't feel strongly about anything and no one is going to change your mind about it!
>>
By the looks of things, I am going to GM a 3e campaign in a few weeks. Knowing my players, I am anticipating a lot of homebrew. So here is the question: are there any guidelines regarding costs of different things beyond 1m = 1 die basic solar thing? I mean thing like initiative, WP, double Xs, actions, resets/not resets, non-charm dice/successes, damage type modifiers and other pieces of game mechanic, for solars and other exalt types? Same thing for MA charms, plus levels of effectiveness for MA charms?
Also, Craft. Any decent replacement systems?
>>
>>53613725
>Also, Craft. Any decent replacement systems?
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/797631-why-craft-sucks-how-i-fixed-it

I haven't actually had the chance to use this yet, but I've heard decent things about the rewrite, and it addresses a lot of the issues I have with the system.
>>
File: FinalExaltedComic.png (864KB, 1008x1302px) Image search: [Google]
FinalExaltedComic.png
864KB, 1008x1302px
>>53564893
Has anyone ever dared to set a game AFTER Return of the Scarlet Empress and it's clusterfuckish 'glory'? A 'Third Age' Exalted game. I'm sure the idea is most likely terrible because so many people hated RotSE but I'm curious if anyone dared to run it.
>>
How would the game balance be affected if I made it so the the damage from decisive attacks doesn't need to be rolled?
>>
>>53614062

You mean applied as straight initiative damage?

A lot of charms would need to be rejiggered.
>>
>>53614619

Not withering. Decisive.
>>
>>53614703

Yea, and there are still a lot of dice tricks from rolling decisive. You'll need to rejigger them.
>>
>>53597503
mostly, it's a bit bigger around the edges now(with slightly more stuff and much more empty spaces "fill it in yourself" style) and the western islands are moved farther out
>>
>>53614049
http://tgchan.org/wiki/Lunar_Quest needs to continue and didn't get far enough
>>
>>53615384
It's continuing... "someday" after Jukashi is done with college and Polokoa/Rokolo Quest.
>>
>>53605663

Because your non-canon adventure shit isn't canon. You want to do it in your own game, fine, but don't talk about it like it's a possibility in the actual game canon. It literally cannot happen, period, in the game's canon.

What you do in your own game is your own thing.
>>
>>53616103
>hurrr this is ltierally impsosible in canon!!!!!

>ignores the tohusands of people who literally do the impossible on dily basis

>hurrrrr why people act like i dum????
>>
>>53616103
>You want to do it in your own game, fine, but don't talk about it like it's a possibility in the actual game canon. It literally cannot happen, period, in the game's canon.

I'm with you on the Reclamation being a rather poor storyline, but I don't think this is so. There are canonically only two things that *cannot* happen in Creation: time travel and resurrecting the dead. Everything else, including the escape of the Yozis, is a possibility. However remote.
>>
>>53616188
1e and 3e both have it so that the Reclamation is impossible. 2e is the aberration here, but the intention has always been that the Yozis can never escape, but that they might doom Creation in their attempts. See: Games of Divinity.
>>
>>53616151

Boy, you're really mad people think your idea is shitty.
>>
>>53616151

I think in your retard flailing at the keyboard, you somehow mistook the idea of Exalt's being able to do the impossible (which isn't really impossible, because they can do it) in the setting, and mixed it up with the explicit rules in the books over the years that spelled out, not as an "in setting" thing, but as a "this is a rulebook, for a game, and this is a rule in the game" thing, that said the Yozi are stuck there forever, period, the end (and gave appropriate reasons why).
>>
What are some crucial elements to the tone and aesthetic of Exalted?
>>
>>53617110
unsheating katanas
>>
File: BustyFireAspect.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BustyFireAspect.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>53617110

There is a heavy asian/anime influence throughout the entire setting. The Realm is "What if Rome had Chinese architecture?" basically, to use a fast and loose comparison. Everything else is usually viewed with an anime-esque lens to it all. Things also tend to be very baroque-Over stylized for the sake of over stylization. Armor is strictly of the "if it looks cool it works" method, for example, so you'll get people wearing ridiculously ornate things, or just going bikini armor and still getting full protection. Helmets are literally optional.
>>
>>53617136
What else?
>>
>>53617110

Sword and Sandals type of Greek Tragedy. Larger than life heroes going on grand adventures, and their own hubris bringing about their downfall.
>>
>>53617300
kimonos and dumb sandals
blue hair
>>
>>53617110
Take mythology and history and put it through an 'anime filter'. I'm not joking. Look at how anime design something meant to be 'medieval european'.
>>
>>53617110
Indian and Chinese mythology are more important than Japanese, to be entirely honest. Look into those, particularly the Celestial Bureaucracy and some of the nutso shit Indian hero-gods got up to.
>>
>>53617110
Actions have consequences
>>
>>53617417
The Realm is probably the only place where you could afford a more overtly japanese influence.
>>
>>53608591
>The one good thing I've heard about 3e is the idea that this time, the Yozis accept all hope is lost and just want to live vicariously through their kids doing as Solars are wont to do.
Honestly I agree that this is the best motivation for the Yozi to have. Though I think adding a touch of delusion that they believe they will once again rule Creation through their Infernals doing it in their name.
>>
>>53617521
But see, this is already less setting-breaking because it is about as plausible as the UCS calling the shot on the Solar host.
>>
>>53617491

Realm's Not-China. Lookshy is Not-Japan. Thats canon, far as aesthetic influence goes.

Rest of the setting bounces between Not-Chinese/Japanse Peasantry, Not-Polynesian, and Not-Arab or Not-Vikings, depending on the direction.
>>
>>53613825
>author banned
>rewrite will be hopelessly outdated as soon as another charmset is released

Why do I like this game again?
>>
>>53597423
That essay was shit and so are you for ripping it off.
>>
>fight me like man, without magic or superpowers

Well can Exalted supress passive chasrms like Ox Body?
>>
How hard is it to spot a sorcerer in the middle of gathering motes? Do they make pretty lights while they're casting or not? Does it depend on the initiation? What?
>>
>>53618297
Depends on the initiation.
>>
>>53618153

Nah, but you can call it when you hit a certain level of damage probably and go "Alright, if I were mortal, that've killed me."
>>
>>53618297
I think the core book states that whoever looks at a sorcerer shaping a spell definitely knows they are shaping a spell. Unless the spell itself states otherwise.
>>
>>53618066
The setting's great and a good group is enough to make a game with even Exalted's mechanics enjoyable.
>>
>>53618066

He has a google document in the first sentence of the work that is kept up to date.
>>
>>53618153
>fight me like a man, without doing anything better than me just because you can
That's basically what that kind of demand boils down to.
>>
>>53617110
Colorful robes, sandals, those weird hair chopsticks, padogas, DEFINITELY teahouses, bald monks, and kung fu obviously.
>>
>>53618153
Charms aren't magic or superpowers.
>>
>>53618153

Charms are no longer the discrete, distinct things they were in 2e, where Solars could call them by name and discuss their effects. In Ex3 charms are an abstraction of what you can do as an extension of your skills.

An Exalt can no more suppress their charms than an athlete can suppress his athleticism.
>>
>>53618153

Also, I don't think mortals follow the rule of 10s.
>>
>>53599200

That's not what I asked. I asked if the style is improved by baiting out clashes over attacking regularly.
>>
If a Brawl-user carries two other unarmed Brawl-users, would that enable them to dual wield unarmed? Or do they count as improvised weapons instead? My players are pitching an idea at me, and I want to know if there's any precedent regarding this matter.
>>
>>53623171

It is, marginally.

I mean you get a +2 bonus and you're giving up the defense form's +2 defense in order to use clashes. At that point Snake, Crane, or any other martial art that allows you to use paired weapons is just as good (In Snake's case better, as you get more damage and slap a penalty on the opponent)
>>
File: tumblr_o1gabeqQke1r09vilo1_1280.png (1MB, 1153x601px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1gabeqQke1r09vilo1_1280.png
1MB, 1153x601px
>>53625567
There is definitely absolutely no precedent for that, as I'm not sure anyone has thought to try. It sounds stupid to me but also squarely something a PC would think of. Go with your heart anon.
>>
>>53625567
They would just be improvised heavy weapons.
If i were the GM i would have them take all the damage they deal
It would also be very retarded
>>
With wyld shaping lore charms and the spirit creating occult charm, can your dude create his own creation, separate form the original one?
>>
>>53617521
From 'we want to go out of this prison' to 'I am the daddy of my infernals and I want my infernals to be happy :)'.

Yes. Best motivation ever.

My last sentence was sarcastic by the way. This isn't really the best motivation ever.

If the Yozis truly believe they can't get out of their prisons, there is literally no reason to create Infernals, except maybe to spite and destroy everything (which means they are Abyssal 2.0). None. 'I want to live vicariously through my children' is not an appropriate motivation for eldritch abominations who routinely eat their own children.

I can't believe I even need to say this.
>>
>>53626727
After like a thousand years of effort sure.
>>
>>53625567
Improvised weapons can use melee or brawl
This, in fact, makes them the best weapons, because a melee user can wield two brawl users, or vice versa
>>
slings and blowguns: archery or thrown?
>>
>>53628744
give them an exponential penalty based on a combination of the total number involved and their individual position in the tree. let it be limited by diminishing returns alone ;P
>>
>>53626902
that number seems low, thats only half an individual solar's lifespan, by now somebody would have already tried it, retired to some kind of pleasure dome to enjoy what they made and been usurped by their ungrateful creations who just wanted to steal the solar's coke even though they can't handle it
>>
>>53629365
Both are thrown, and are actually in the core book in 3e on page 587. Blowguns are under the Needle entry, they extend the range from Short to Medium
>>
>>53629470
ah. thanks, must have missed them somehow
>>
flamewands are like flintlocks not matchlocks right?
>>
>>53629538
In what way?
>>
>>53626783
>If the Yozis truly believe they can't get out of their prisons, there is literally no reason to create Infernals
Yes, there is no reason whatsoever the proud previous rulers of the Creation might want some way to exert power over their previous domain even if they can't get out. Nope, no reason whatsoever.
>>
>>53629584
how do they ignite the firedust? exposure to a tiny flame sets off a sort of cascading conversion of dust to fire, but where does that flame come from?
>>
If you were to fluff minor hypnotism tricks as 2e thaumaturgy how would you do it?
>>
>>53608591
>Devil-Tigers. Which explicitly have the potential to get stronger than Primordials, let alone Yozis.

Wait, hold the phone. I've read the Broken-Winged Crane and Devil Tigers are absolutely beastly, but as far as I know, nothing they gain is as powerful as the 1,000 mote pool the Yozi have. It seems to me that the only benefits DTs get over Yozi is the ability to create new exalts if she ever hits Essence 10. The caste change doesn't affect her, it affects her successor. The efficacy of a Precipitous Fiat must be on par with Acts of Villainy, albeit it lets you inflict Limit on the Yozi as a fun little gag. You get to make excellencies and general charms in line with what you want, but the power level of those charms still has to be equal to Yozi charms.

Random question as an aside, when you take Triumphant Howl of the Devil Tiger can you cannibalize the excellency you used as prerequisite for that charm?
>>
So, question for you /exg/. I have an idea for a hook for my campaign, but I figured I'd run it by here to see what people think. Does this sound like a fun little plot line?

>PCs arrive on an island ruled by warrior-craftsmen
>The island has three sacred treasures; A hammer, a spear, and a kiln
>All three are said to have magic properties, but will only accept someone skilled enough to use it; The hammer will create marvels of metalsmithing, but cripple the hand of an unworthy wielder. The spear will pierce any armor, but fail it's wielder at his time of greatest need of it deems him unworthy, and the kiln will breath life into any clay creation fired in it, but if the make is anything short of perfection, it will find its creator and kill them.
>These treasures were given to the city's founder ages ago; A solar of unmatched skill in battle and craftsmanship. The one who gave him these gifts was a warrior and craftsman of equal skill, who considered the Solar to be a true friend. Details on him are vague, but the people know him as "The Emerald Stranger"
>Spoilers: The Emerald Stranger was Ligier
>Recently, Lintha pirates have been harassing the island en masse. As it turns out, a group of Infernals have found out about the three sacred treasures, and figured out a way to use them as an arcane link to summon Ligier
>Not summon like the spell, where's it last season for a year and a day. -Permanent- summoning, unless his form in Creation is slain.
>Three Infernals are leading this; a Slayer, a Scourge, and a Fiend. With the most is a fleet of Lintha pirates, who they're using to blockade the island.
>They have one of the treasures, now they're working on the other two
>It's up to the circle to save the day, or else side with the Infernals and get on hell's good side
>Should they fail to stop them, the Infernals ill hold have to wait until Callibration to perform the ritual, giving them time to stop them later on.

What do you think? Sound like a decent idea?
>>
>>53631989
The PCs want to stop Creation from getting fucked but there's no reason for them to care on a personal level. It doesn't make use of the setting in an unusual way and the plot is straightforward. It's neither bad nor good. Is this 2E or 3E?
>>
>>53632206
3e. Regarding personal motivations, there's one player that hates pirates and one that has a demon as a retainer, but beyond that you do have a point. For the most part, I'm trying to figure out things for the players to do during the long sail to Onyx, where they have personal motivations to go.
>>
>>53632308
I just realized that you don't intend this to be the main adventure of the entire campaign. Or that's what it sounds like. If that's true, this just plunged into absolute shit territory. Ligier would be able to do insane damage to the west before someone sufficiently powerful stepped in to stop him. This can't be a side quest, it has to completely dominate what the PCs will be doing. If I'm playing in your game and I'm not a monster of a person the first thing I'm going to try to do is get the attention of much more powerful beings so that they'll intervene. Even as a Solar I'd strongly consider reaching out to the Realm and any Sidereals I could track down. Then I'd play defense and create endless contingency plans until I got the help I needed from gods, elementals, exalted, or whoever.
>>
>>53632431
The idea I had was that it start saying as a side a quest, but if it' not resolved it'll come back later as more of a main thing. I dunno, I suppose I might be treating the situation a bit too lightly; part of it I think comes from a game I play in with the sameness group where we have an amazing "talent" for causing serious problems during otherwise much-less pressing events. To give you an idea, I managed to accidentally summon a Hekatonkhires to Creation in said campaign. All because I rushed and cut too many corners on a Working for something to spite an Abyssal that would have taken a piece of the campaign's macguffin to her Deathlord. Said Hekatonkhires -also- had an urge to chase after and murder the one who summoned it.

Really though, I think I might be struggling to come up with side plot lines for an exalted game. It's hard thinking of scenarios that would actually matter to the PCs on a personal level, but aren't part of the main plot and are big enough to actually require their attention. It's my first time GMing Exalted, so I guess it's to be expected, but I'm running on fumes trying to think of shit to keep the game running.
>>
>>53632308
I'd recommend doing something smaller scale, then. Using the possibility of Ligier's release as a glorified random encounter kind of rubs me, personally, the wrong way. That's not really relevant to your game, of course, but I'd say that something like that deserves to be the focus of a story arc rather than something that ahppens on the way to the place where the story happens. How about just throwing in a couple of interesting but not globally significant locations, just to show off the weird shit that exists in the Creation and to give the players a sense of the West being a huge region filled with life and history, without worrying about providing challenges worthy of the Exalted? Like, maybe there's an island where a teodozija who slipped into the Creation one Calibration has slain the local god and converted the locals to worship the Yozis. How to deal with the demon would be straightforward and morally unproblematic, how to deal with its followers whose way of life the players wrecked and whose one supernatural protector they took away might offer some opportunities for interesting roleplay. Maybe there's an underwater shadowland inhabited by ghosts of drowned sailors who come up at night to fuck with ships sailing through the area. Maybe there's, I dunno, a moving, living island that a bunch of raksha ride around like a fuckhuge aquatic mount. Just throw together two or three interesting locations where players can spend a session or two, then let them arrive to Onyx.
>>
>>53632569
...Wow, autocorrect just fucked up that post. Fuck.

>>53632570
I think part of the difficulty is that one of the players considers random encounters to be a waste of time, so I need to attach actual plots to where they stop, and another player is playing a character that's not very motivated to do anything that isn't directly to suit her goals. It took me four or so sessions to actually get her to officially join the circle (with some badgering from her retainer, which I still feep bad about cause it came off kind of like I was using her retainer as a GM mouthpiece).
>>
>>53632431
I would start with destroying the artifacts Infarnals don’t have yet. Then I would proceed to murder the infernals and destroy the last one too.

Then I would sink the island, just to be safe.
>>
>>53632569
Without knowing much about your party I can't really help you. There always things that Exalts would like to acquire or hate to lose. A first age magitech galleas complete with arsenal and ancient maps would be a cool thing to fight over. You could create an Exalted version of The Hangover or I Love You Man. Basically anything that gives the PCs more information about the Usurpation, the Abyssals, or Infernals is worth pursuing because it explains why the setting is so fucked up.
>>
File: Doctor Phil.jpg (597KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Phil.jpg
597KB, 2048x1024px
>>53632712
>one of the players considers random encounters to be a waste of time

Uh, what? Yeah, they sometimes are, or they sometimes provide rewards relevant to the main plot or just to the PCs' wallets. Or they're interesting and entertaining enough to be their own reward. Nothing of consequence happens in Pulp Fiction but it's still a great movie.

>another player is playing a character that's not very motivated to do anything that isn't directly to suit her goals. It took me four or so sessions to actually get her to officially join the circle

SO WHY AREN'T HER GOALS IN LINE WITH PURSUING THE PLOT OF THE FUCKING CAMPAIGN? If you make a character who isn't engaging in the game because "she wouldn't do that", you have failed as a player. You are crippling the entire group by preventing them from playing the goddamn game. It sounds like you have crappy players and you must be a new GM if you didn't correct this shit.

Also, kek about the hecatonchires.
>>
>>53632719
That's pretty much what I meant in regards to playing defense. Except for the bit about sinking the island, although that'd be pretty funny.
>>
>>53631286
>when you take Triumphant Howl of the Devil Tiger can you cannibalize the excellency you used as prerequisite for that charm?

I got the impression you were more or less required to, but it's been awhile since I read the book
>>
>>53633008
Maybe joining the Circle as supposed to be some sort of character development thing? I mean, if it went on for too long and everyone just wanted the player to get on with it then yeah it was a bad thing but otherwise it could add some fun and flavor to the campaign.

Really it depends on how the other players felt about it as much as the ST.
>>
>>53632712

>random encounters
>random

Well, yeah. Not every encounter needs to be vital, but if it doesn't contribute anything, just cut it out.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.