[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does tg think of Strike!?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0404.png (86KB, 741x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0404.png
86KB, 741x400px
What does tg think of Strike!?
>>
It's okay. Not to my tastes, overly simplified when compared to 4e combat and kinda weak out of combat, but I can see why people who want a stripped down version of a tactical combat focused RPG would enjoy it. I just feel it lacks the depth to really express myself or my character through the mechanics.
>>
>>53638841
I agree with this guy. I don't like to refluff things, but Strike has its niche.
>>
>>53638822
Strikefag knows better, but as a system its main flaw was that the rulebook was organized like Shit. The rules themselves are fine.
>>
>>53638907
For sure
>>
>>53638822
>What does tg think of

stop asking an anonymous people on a imageboard what they think!

it seriously one of silliest things ever.
what answers do you think are you gonna get your gonna get these answers

it's good!
it's bad!
your a faggot
sauce please
don't care.

/sage thread
>>
>>53638822
So you keep making these threads, huh? Well, at least the last couple seemed to get more conversation.

It has an okay combat system that has some good ideas, but there's not much else going for the system. The Kit system interesting and makes me think of True20's 'Heroic Rolls'.
If you redid the book with an actual editor it would fix many of its problems.
>>
>>53639219
At least they are more productive than bait threads
>>
>>53639696
are they?

they don't seem so not even any kool pictures get posted in these.
>>
>>53639219
>>53640337

You're literally objecting to most threads on the board. Fuck off.
>>
>>53640337
balgh! my english! is so bad.
>they don't seem so not even
fucking hell gotta stop staying up so late
>>
>>53638822
Not enough space on the die to represent the difference between characters and situations in a satisfying way.

Only very few things are allowed to matter, and those things get to be +1.
Everything else that's important is +0 with zero granularity and contributes nothing.

Compare to D&D ability scores, it's as if instead of having a gradual range from 3-18 or so that typical mortals will fit inside (or rather, from a -4 modifier to a +4 modifier), in strike the most your character can be defined as is something like "NOT STRONG" or "STRONG" or "SUPERHUMANLY STRONG".

And what does it gain in return for throwing out this granularity and enjoyable customization? Nothing. Just pretentious smug self-satisfaction.
>>
>>53638822
It has a handful of fulltime shills that shill it here for some reason. For that reason alone it belongs in the trash.
>>
I have been wanting to read it for a few months now, it seems interesting.

But oh my God. The art and formatting is so bad. I can't get a few pages in without eye vomiting.
>>
>>53638822
fuck off retard
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.