[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i like these new deployments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Capture.png (2MB, 1355x881px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1355x881px
i like these new deployments
>>
>>53628989
There's nothing new about them
>>
>>53629034

Pretty much this.

The problem is that while there is lots of things you can do for a unique game of 40k, there's not much you can do for a Standardised game of 40k.

something that is quick, simple to explain and set up, and is readily adaptable.
>>
>>53628989
>top right

Aux armes, citoyens,
Formez vos bataillons,
Marchons, marchons!
Qu'un sang impur
Abreuve nos sillons!
>>
File: 1494128593132.jpg (27KB, 599x510px) Image search: [Google]
1494128593132.jpg
27KB, 599x510px
no 5th ed dawn of war deployment
>>
File: download.png (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
8KB, 225x225px
>mfw I'll pick Vanguard Strike evertime I'm called on to pick deployment
>not because I like it
>but because it's a pain in the ass to set up
>>
>>53628989
I don't think you're like it dad.
>>
>>53630803

I never got why prior thought it was hard.

>mark corner to corner line
>setup 12" away from that line

Wow. That's so hard!
>>
>>53634467
Terrain was usually on the board before you rolled for deployment, it gets in the way. Some mats have stuff printed on it represent that diagonal but its still more annoying than than anyother set up
>>
>>53630803
Measure 21,5" on the long side, 14,5" on the short side, do the same in the opposite corner, draw a line across and you have the no man land. Takes you 10 seconds
>>
>>53635497

And? Literally the same argument can be said going vertically. The easiest way to measure corner maps is:

>middle is 3' over 2' up
>Place a marker
>one side is 1.5' over 1' up
>Place a marker
>other side is 4.5' over 3' up
>Place a marker

There's your line. Be 12" away. Right angles are hard.
>>
>"made by the youngest player"

what is this a hasbro board game for 3 year olds? Oh wait it may as well be.
>>
>>53628989
>Hammer and Anvil
[muffled la marseillaise playing]
>>
>>53630803
I've never played Warhammer, but feel that I'd probably opt for Vanguard Strike about nine out of ten times.
>^_^<
>>
File: 1493002367834.gif (1MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1493002367834.gif
1MB, 260x195px
>>53628989
>oldest player in my group

fuck
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 207x243px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 207x243px
Duncan here. Poor fags that don't like 8th Edition are free to gTFO.

Gee dubs 4lyfe
>>
>>53630775

Is it not right there? Or were you referring to the deployment method and not the zones.
>>
>>53637810
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>53630665
underrated
>>
File: 1487156721268.png (108KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
1487156721268.png
108KB, 600x719px
>>53644584
If we could understand it, it wouldn't be so underrated

>inb4 google translate
>>
>>53630775
>no 5th ed dawn of war deployment
Wasn't that just the same as >>53628989's dawn of war, but with auto-nightfighting turn 1?
>>
>>53630803
Spearhead and Front-Line assault look like far more hassle to set up, you'd need to put a dice or something on the centre point, then find half way along the table and put a dice 9 inches from the centre along the line from the centre to the midpoint. Then put 2 diagonals from that to the points on either side.
>>
>>53646563
Just put down a piece of string or something.
>>
>>53644854
>If we could understand it, it wouldn't be so underrated
The French national anthem is fucking brutal, to the point where lefties actually want to change the lyrics. Between the citizen-soldier batallions, the fields watered with impure blood, the threat of royalists coming to slaughter your children and cries to annihilate the enemy's leaders it really harkens to the grim past of 1792 where there is only war.
>>
>>53629114
literally "only war" with power rating
>>
>>53647883
>lefties actually want to change the lyrics.
More a centrist thing really. And mostly because
> Let an impure blood
> Soak our fields!
is misunderstood as massacring strangers whose blood would be impure because racism, while its actual meaning is about patriots being ready to shed their blood, which is "impure" by opposition to the alleged "pure" blood of the nobility. The message being: "We may have have dirty commoner blood, but we are the ones fighting for our country. While you "noble" French people are fighting against yours."
Which is made clearer by a later verse:
>Frenchmen, as magnanimous warriors,
>Bear or hold back your blows!
>Spare those sorry victims,
>Who arm against us with regret. (repeat)
>But not these bloodthirsty despots

Because of that some somehow misunderstand the song as a conqueror song, but it's truly a national defence song.
Though I admit I used to found it weird to sing such a solemn song in sport events, but I've always liked it.
>>
>>53636402
>>53637576

are you worried your opponent is better at rolling a D6?
>>
>>53648895

revisionist much?

The song was written by a monarchist; the impure blood in question is that of the Prussians.
>>
>>53649006
Looking it up, it seems that I'm wrong.
You're not necessarily right though. There is quite a debate since "impure" and "pure" blood at the time may also refers to morals rather than lineage. It's this interpretation that led to interpretations of the impure blood as the blood traitors and tyrants.
So:
> I was wrong, the sacrificial blood is a later reinterpretation
> The author intention was Prussians blood, he wanted to top Marat.
> Other people, including contemporaries, interpreted it as "those without virtuous", enemies of the people.
To them, you could "make your blood pure" by becoming virtuous, by deserting the unjust cause of the invader for example.

In any case, the impure is indeed the enemies' blood, so I would say you're right.
>>
4-player Search and Destroy free-for-all.
>>
>>53634467
You have to measure twelve inches away at an exact right angle from the middle line.
>>
>>53649219
>Search and destroy
>Not relic right in the centre
>>
>>53649535
>retarded """"""""""""""""""""nerd"""""""""""""""" has never used a fucking ruler

You kids seem fucking hopeless.
>>
>>53649535
>anon has never used a t-square
git gud
>>
>>53654627
good luck keeping your t-square square in an FLGS environment with weirdos trying to use it as a sword all the time
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.