[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outsider pg. 118

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 46

File: IMG_1772.jpg (281KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1772.jpg
281KB, 825x1200px
Well this is the 5th update in a fortnight. If the end times are not here they are certainly on the way.
>>
File: happy pills.png (223KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
happy pills.png
223KB, 500x375px
Fuck it, these are the end times. Who /innawoods/ now.
>>
I mean, I understand you are being diplomatic, but is giving away positions of your stuff really that good of an idea?
>>
File: question_mark_frodo.gif (983KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
question_mark_frodo.gif
983KB, 245x160px
What is going on?
>>
File: trip_sphere.gif (338KB, 256x200px) Image search: [Google]
trip_sphere.gif
338KB, 256x200px
>>53628619
They can pretty much just guess where humanity comes from, drop a few probes down and then just send them in random directions until they hit radio signals.

NO STEALTH IN SPACE MOTHERFUCKER!

>london bridge in the captcha
Heheheheheh, heheheh,
>>
wuzzat
wuzzat
why is me seeing it here only the second time
>>
>>53628600

>Well this is the 5th update in a fortnight.

>I missed FOUR updates

Either I just entered a time anomaly or hell is freezing over.
>>
Ow shit nigga, what is happening.

>>53628654
I agree with >>53628619 here.
Just give them the position of the refuelling vessel (with an actual superior officer on it).
Plus if they're engaged in total warfare against the Umiak and have just lost their main mean of detection, they probably can't spare the probes.
>>
>>53628669

I know, my only theory is that the author is actually in contact with our future blue waifu overlords and even they are telling him to pick up the pace or another seal has been broken.
>>
>>53628669

Wait shit this is a 5th page not listed on his site for some reason. I've somehow missed FIVE updates to this comic. I must clearly be in some sort of alternate reality or viewing into the fucking future.
>>
>>53628600
Post the link, OP:
>http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/
>>
>>53628720

It's Patreon access only right now. I just wanted to get some joy of watching /tg/ explode while I'm bored at work.
>>
I don't know what this is but blue elves are dope.
>>
>>53628763

That was my motto when I first started. Come for the waifus, stay for the lore.
>>
>>53628669
This is your doctor speaking to you. We're trying to contact you with subliminal messages. You have been in a coma for 6 years. Wake up, if you can.

You need to trick your mind into thinking you died, so you "restart".
>>
"They shake hands?"
"obviously!"
-Best catty moment 2017
>>
>>53628916

The pilots so far have been an absolute treat.
>>
>>53628916
Much as I love Outsider the way it is (release schedule excepted but holy shit what mirror universe have I entered on THAT regard...) I sometimes really wish Alex was something other than a grunt. I love seeing these little cultural mis-matches and someone with an interest in history or anthropology or something would be great to provoke little discussions where Humans and Loroi compare little facets of their cultures.
>>
I honestly wonder what has spurred this massive update, 6 in basically30 days compared to previous updates is insane.
>>
>>53628600
Another outsider page? WHAT YEAR IS TODAY.
>>
>Jardin giving the human home planet considerd to a genocidial specie than feel humans immunity to psy-power to be a threat.
What could go wrong.
>>
>>53629232

He is continually surrounded by what appears to be attractive women, his blood is going somewhere else.
>>
>>53628600
>empty space
>nobody goes there
Wait, is this now that Humanity Fuck Yeah story with humans originating from an "insanity zone" of space?
>>
>>53629261
>>53629232
Francis said humanity has a 2yr head start before the front lines hit their space. Rather than get sandwiched in between and bombed by both sides the proactive choice is to go out and find a partner early.
>>
>>53629261
More like, when you've been involved in a decades-long war with an enemy that has forced you to commit to a total war policy and devote the vast majority of your infrastructure and efforts to fighting them, exploration and colonisation of new territories becomes something of a secondary concern.

There's nothing spoopy out there; both sides just have other priorities that meant they've never come across humanity.
>>
>>53629274
Why did you reply to me? >>53629261
My post had nothing to do with political implications of Jardin's actions.
>>
>>53629288
But isn't exploration vital to any war effort?
>>
>>53629354
No?
>>
>>53629354
No? Setting a colony up is a massive expenditure of resources, resources and people that you need in a war.
>>
>>53629354
If 17th century France and Spain are having a war, will they send explorers into central Africa?
>>
>>53629354
Not if you have enough resources to fuel the war machine you already have, no.

And space is nothing if not full of raw material. The asteroid belt alone houses an absolutely monstrous amount of useful resources.
>>
>>53629376
I said exploration, not colonisation. One does not entail the other.
>>53629380
Well, Spain had just finished the Reconquista in XV century and sent Columbus on an expedition only months later. And I don't think that any Anglo-French war stopped American colonies of either side from exploring the continent.
>>
>>53628617
>Who /innawoods/ now.
Can't risk it. There might be more pages released between now and when SHTF!
>>
>>53629444
Considering the scale and numbers of the war and fleets involved, Sol is not a particularly rich system, relative to the infrastructure already in place to sustain the war.

The expected returns of exploration and exploitation of far-flung territories would take years to offset the expendature required to put the mining, refining and logistical structures in place to obtain anything useful. Simply put, it's not an expense that can be afforded when the miss-allocation of resources means they may not survive long enough to see a return on the investment.

>>53629354
You're confusing 'scouting' with 'exploration'. Scouts to look into enemy positions, strongholds and resources are essential, but are also a far lesser expense than exploration missions into uncharted regions, that may not even find anything of use.
>>
The longer this comic goes on the more I get the feeling that Jimmy Arioch is a shit writer.
>>
File: chaosshock.jpg (5KB, 135x123px) Image search: [Google]
chaosshock.jpg
5KB, 135x123px
>telling the xenos where earth is
This is the dumbest man in the galaxy.
>>
>>53629534
I meant that if they already control a respectable chunk of territory then they'll already be up to their ears in raw material, which makes exploration pointless as a wartime activity besides scouting out enemy holdings and positions.
>>
>>53629475
Empty Quarter did not clue you in? There is nothing to explore there. The Loroi also rely on their Farseers to scout other civilizations. So no need to look for enemys there. They'll sense any approaching enemy months ahead of time.
>>
>>53629605
His entire mission is to establish diplomatic contact and they'd have figured it out pretty damn quickly if he withheld the information. Telling them where the homeworld is helps build trust that we'll deal with them honestly, making future deception easier, should it become necessary.

Blind and isolationist xenophobia is simply not viable, especially when you're not even a speed-bump to either side. Alexander lets us know that a single, under-strength strike group out-numbers both the Terran defence AND scout fleets, COMBINED and with weapons that we may as well have no protection against. Shutting ourselves off would only result in a situation similar to Japan in 1853

>>53629622
That's pretty much exactly what I said, yes, thank you for repeating me.
>>
>>53629628
There Be Dragons in Space. Jardin notices that certain stars are missing from their star map, so Loroi just never bothered.
>>
>>53629661
>That's pretty much exactly what I said, yes, thank you for repeating me.
So... I'm repeating you repeating me?

So your initial response was pointless. Congratulations.
>>
The End Timesâ„¢ are upon us! Repent! Repent! Repent, pray to your Emperor, your Dark Gods, your Science! For we are doomed!
>>
File: xcom2.png (511KB, 640x1600px) Image search: [Google]
xcom2.png
511KB, 640x1600px
>>53628600
I really don't like spaceweb FTL, was hoping they had something similar to Battletech's jumpdrive FTL instead.
>>
>>53629661
You're thinking like a Starfleet officer who thinks everyone is friendly and holds to your high moral standards. You don't tell aliens you've just fucking met where the fucking homeworld is, in case they decide to conquer or bomb it. Yeah it might be fine or it might result in the enslavement or extinction of humanity, it's a first contact scenario have some fucking discretion.
>>
>>53629903

>You're thinking like a Starfleet officer who thinks everyone is friendly and holds to your high moral standards

...I don't think even Starfleet does that. I mean, the prime directive exists so you don't give people shit until they've proven they are capable of using it without immediately trying to invade someone else or blow themselves up with it.
>>
>>53629903

Dear lord I forgot that movie existed.
>>
>>53629903
The very fact that I DON'T expect everyone to be friendly is the exact REASON I consider Alex to have made the right choice!

The Loroi, now they're extremely interested in learning where this psychic-immune species of nearly-physically-identical aliens comes from, would find Earth and its colonies anyway and we know they can wipe us out without even diverting many resources from their war effort!

In that situation, honesty and friendliness is the best solution, so that they underestimate you and you can deceive them easier, until you find a chance to become sufficiently powerful that it's not worth the effort it'd take to wipe you out. Further, neither side in the war recognises the right of third parties to be neutral and the Loroi apparently will straight-up genocide you rather than let you side with their enemies. We don't know what the Umiak do to their enemies, but we do know that they enslave their allies in all but name, so I can't imagine vanquished foes have it much better. Meanwhile, we have little data on how the Loroi treat their allies, but so far it at least seems a LITTLE more equitable than the Umiak policy.

In short, we lose little by revealing Earth's location and potentially gain a major espionage advantage.

>>53629935
The Federation is retarded on many, MANY levels. Their sole criteria for First Contact is, "Do they have FTL?" no question of culture or society! And it's heavily implied that most captains will follow the prime directive and not interfere even when non-interference means the destruction of a pre-first-contact civilization, either by internal pressure, or external disaster!
>>
>>53629890
They do.
http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/forum_ftl_tech.html
The web is probably just the mainroutes
>>
>>53629903
In-setting, Earth is unlikely to continue to be overlooked for very long. Its discovery is most likely to occur as part of a battle, at which point one or both sides would exterminate humanity to guarantee it could not join the enemy side.
Jardin has contacted, and therefore joined, the Loroi. If the Umiak find Earth before the Loroi do, then humanity will have been drafted onto both sides, and will be exterminated.
The Loroi were the preferred choice because it's better to be subordinate than enslaved.
>>
>>53629999

>Their sole criteria for First Contact is, "Do they have FTL?" no question of culture or society!

Actually, that's not remotely true. We've never gotten a full reading of it (Mostly because it's got 47 different subsections to it and no one wants to sit there and read all of that on a TV show)

Even outside of all we know, that's not it at all. The Prime Directive is why Starfleet didn't get involved in the Klingon Civil War. As it was a purely internal matter.
>>
>>53629903
You fail to understand the scale of the situation. The war is going to push up upon Earth in roughly 2 years. That means this isn't some great-wasteland of space, but merely a backwater that is slipping into the war anyway.

Our area of space is unot because of lack of ability, but lack of priority. If the Loroi decide they want to know where Humanti came from, a few far-seers on scout ships could likely explore the entire region in weeks. Currently those seers and ships are better used elsewhere, but if "prevent the uncooperative humans from being subsumed by the Umiak" becomes a priority then we're toast. Earth would be discovered, and bombed to ruin in short order, probably by the happiest-genocider Stillstorm.

Jardin's most important task is convincing the Loroi we are friendly, and either harmless or only most useful when being treated reasonably.
>>
>>53630131
>few far-seers on scout ships
Except that humans don't show up on the tedar (telepathy detection and ranging)

No matter how you put it, saying "here are all our systems" instead of just showing them the border and the first outpost is playing all your cards early and is fucking retarded.
Especially if they side with the Umiaks in the end.
>>
>>53630175
>humans don't show up on the tedar
Humans may not, but I'd be very surprised if literally every plant and animal on Earth is also immune. All they need to do is get close enough to "hmm, there's life in that system, go check it out."
>>
>>53630175
>>53630204
Not to mention more conventional means of detecting transmissions, drive signatures, atmospheric pollutants indicative of an industrial base, etc. The Loroi have more tricks than just psychic bullshit, or they wouldn't be in space at all.
>>
>>53630236
The important part of the Far-seers is they can detect living minds from other systems, at a distance of many lightyears. This reduces the need to scout by a massive factor, since you only need to enough systems manually to get close enough to the others to catch them in the seers eye.
>>
File: Elerian_SCI.png (197KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Elerian_SCI.png
197KB, 640x480px
So now that I am reading through this comic...I feel like the author has been playing quite a lot of Master of Orion.
>>
>>53630642

Author says that MoO and Yamato were major influences.
>>
>>53629244
They also asked if he requires them to accomodate his "needs" and he refused so i guess he is a bit frustrated.
>>
>>53629999
>Their sole criteria for First Contact is, "Do they have FTL?" no question of culture or society!

Not true

There's an episode where Riker infiltrates an alien society on the cusp of FTL that's locked in a 1950s esque nationalistic isolationism.

Eventually they decide to NOT make contact and get the lead researcher to drop their work to delay the races entry into space.
>>
File: Elerian_WAR.png (198KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Elerian_WAR.png
198KB, 640x480px
>>53630676
Sweet. I wish I had known earlier there was an online comic based on my space waifus. Or maybe not, seeing how it has been apparently very rarely updated.
What is Yamato? I know it only as the name for a class of WW2 Japanese ships.
>>
>>53630827

Also an anime based on a space battle ship that has enemy elves that are waifu Teir or something. I don't know much about it, never seen it.
>>
>>53630827
Battleship Yamato is a Japanese science fiction anime. Come for the asses, stay for the space opera and exterminatus.
>>
>>53630827
Space battleship Yamato is an anime about a space ship using the hulk of the old yamato to make an OP space ship (thanks to waifu aliens too). They made a remake too recently. I think they are making season 2 now.
>>
File: tumblr_mjhmusyzVO1qdfvslo1_500.gif (888KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjhmusyzVO1qdfvslo1_500.gif
888KB, 500x280px
>>53630872
>>53630859
>>53630827
>>
>>53630939
>>
File: disgust.jpg (48KB, 306x308px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
48KB, 306x308px
>>53630963
>CG
>>
File: K50eoGn.gif (5MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
K50eoGn.gif
5MB, 444x250px
>>53630963
>>
>>53630827
I remember one MOO2 game where i played humans, i genocided most of aliens i conquered, but for elerian i transfered one pop to every human colony as sex slaves for the population. There was also one pop of one other race as slaves for hard labour, but i don't remember who those were.
>>
>>53628600

>revealing Earth location to fuckin xenos

Nice move asshole
>>
>>53630990
It's a modern remake of an anime made in the 80s

Don't make me post berserk gifs.
>>
>>53631024
He is French
>>
>>53631041
He's American, m8.
>>
>>53631078
No he is from California.
>>
>>53631112
Hello /pol/.
>>
>>53631017
How do you resist the urge for creative lithovore?
>>
>>53631120

I think he is from California, same as the Author.
>>
>>53631120
You don't have to visit /pol/ to make jokes.
>>
>>53631078
His surname is French, that leaves a mark on a man
>>
>>53628600
Guess someone did pull through with that satanic virgin sacrifice after all
>>
>>53631041
>>53631078
Or he could be Canadian?
FUCK QUEBEC!
>>
>>53631132
I guess i must confess those humans were custom race with creative
>>
>>53631152
Somebody from /co/ killed himself?
>>
>>53628600
Holy fuck. Am I in a coma or something.
>>
>>53628600
Wait, what
He immediatly also tells them where earth is
A colony or their meet up point would've been enough, it's not like they can read his thoughts or anything
>>
>>53629605
indeed he is a fucking traitor to his race
>>
>>53628703
Clearly you must have if you haven't heard of patreon.
>>
>>53631180
Yeah, and then they realise it's a colony from the low populations and examining radio signals in the area, decide mankind is not trustworthy and put us on their immediate shitlist because they can't read our thoughts and we can't be trusted. Nice going.
>>
>>53630685
We went over the creator cucking himself out f his own harem fantasy last thread.
>>
>>53631214

We have chocolate and the author said it would be like catnip to them... nothing is happening to us.
>>
>>53631197
>>53631180
Shut the FUCK up, Donnies.
>>
File: DO NOT WANT.png (39KB, 314x318px) Image search: [Google]
DO NOT WANT.png
39KB, 314x318px
>>53628600
Oh come on if the ends were happening then Order of the Stick, Berserk AND HxH would all also be publishing according to schedule.
>>
>>53630204
>Humans may not, but I'd be very surprised if literally every plant and animal on Earth is also immune.
I wouldn't. Every species we've seen was genemoded by some ancient alien empire, chances are telepathy and the ability to be detected telepathy isn't a natural ability.
>>
>>53631263

One seal at a time.
>>
>>53631214
You would trust an alien that goes all "here's the outpost, here's the main planet, grab the keys and make yourself at home"?
They have a class of diplomats, you know. I don't expect them to go berserk if humans don't ask the Loroi if they would like to fuck our wives.

Seriously, he gave vital information (and his only bargaining chip) for zero advantage.
>>
>>53629999
You're using metaknowledge Jardin doesn't have.
And i don't think he gave it that much thought in those few seconds.
>>
>>53629999
>We don't know what the Umiak do to their enemies

We do. They exterminate them.
>>
>>53628815
Thanks doc, but my life sucked on the outside and it is quite comfy in here.
Tell my parents to fuck themselves, I'm not coming back.
>>
>>53631274
There are other species that weren't engineered by the Soia, and Loroi telepathy works fine on them.

The Umiak for example, and the Barsam's humanity equivalent.
>>
>>53631227
>>53630685
Point of order, he doesn't even know if their races are sexually compatible, casual fucking is clearly not a cultural more for him, the last thing you do when a pow is go around fucking your captors, alien diseases, etc

Now, him giving away earth is fucking dumb. There is no way a fucking grunt is cleared to do that. What he should be doing is arranging a meeting between his superiors and their superiors.

'this is our closest colony, if you contact my people in such and such a way we can meet on neutral ground and conduct diplomacy. If need be, hold me as hostage as garuntee.'

At that point his job is to be friendly and non committal, saying all this should be worked out through their superiors but freely sharing cultural shit in an effort to get to know them and lay the groundwork for proper talks

Instead we have this fucking jagoff who clearly has NO first contact protocol training all but giving away the location of planet Earth
>>
Who else is expecting that humanity already struck at deal with the umiak by the time he finaly arrives on earth?
>>
>>53631336
This your parents speaking
We really, really miss you
>>
>>53631304
Actually all that shit is straight from Jardin himself, or else logical inference. I assume Alex can figure stuff out fairly well as he was pretty much the Academy's top student for warfare and tactics, even their chess champion too.

>>53631325
So, no worse than the Loroi. Basically, the whole theme is that it's a bad situation all around to try and go Switzerland here.
>>
>>53631388
>this is our closest colony

Considering how small human territory is, that is essentially the same as giving them Earth's coordinates.

The plan was always to bring an alien delegation into human space.
>>
>>53631428
This along with >>53631388
Is why this guy is a retard doing all the wrong thing. He is a pilot. His job is to fly. You do NOT engage in diplomacy without oversight, you do NOT ignore first contact protocol, and you do NOT give away the location of planet Earth. He better hope the elves want to keep him as a fucktoy because if he goes back to earth his ass will be courtmartialed and possibly HUNG for TREASON so fucking fast it will only take the comic 6 months to cover it
>>
>>53631428
Makes sense.
But what will be the overarching story-arch?
Btw, does anyone else get the feeling the Umiak aren't as bad as they're being portrayed?
>>
>>53631428
Wouldn't be surprised Umiak have more to gain from humans. They could get a really good deal out of it.
>>
>>53631459
Seeing as it wasn't intended to last decades and was only supposed to be a short blip i can actually imagine taht being the ending twist, with maybe one or two shrot stories throwna fter it

Other than that, maybe something about understand or so
>>
>>53631484
>Immune to loroi mind fuckery

They absolutely are more valuable to the Ulmiak, which makes them valuable to the Loroi. The Loroi are going to want to deny humanity to the Ulmiak, either by snatching them up or exterminating them.
>>
>>53631452
I would say the Umiak are a shade worse than the Loroi.

The Loroi have resorted to genocidal tactics twice, both times out of self-preservation. Against the spinehead aliens they did it because they literally would not stop attacking and completely refused to surrender when they no longer could, and in the case of the Umiak's client race it was because their space was being used as a pathway into Loroi territory by the enemy.

The Umiak pretty clearly started the war with the intent to exterminate most if not all the Loroi. They are the aggressors here and the Loroi have done some pretty gnarly shit, but they've done it to prevent their annihilation.
>>
>>53631484

Or become slaves as the rest of the bugs' allies.
>>
>>53631484
To be fair they'd probably ahrvest our brains for cyborg soldiers without will...
>>
Sorry but I can only imagine this guy's CO screaming at him in an increasingly high pitched, screeching voice about going way above his pay grade and asking JUST WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING FLLLLY BOOYY!?!? IT WOULD BEHOOOOOVE YOU REEEEEEEE as a fistula sized vein throbs out or his eyeball and his hands turn into knives that he waves at face level threateningly
>>
>>53628600
Can anyone from /sci/ here tell us if the mapping system makes sense?
>>
>>53631539

Thanks for the heartily chuckle.
>>
>>53631457
He's not a pilot, he's a drudge.
His job is to follow orders, most specifically his orders regarding first contact, since that is the goal of his mission.
Which he is DOING.
All of the jackasses barging into the thread after reading this page and none of the others are doing themselves and everyone else no favors.
>>
>>53628600
>dem chokepoints
hyperlanes only is best in 4x games
>>
>>53631388
Not how things are done in Outsider.

1. FTL takes weeks of travel. The relative short distance to a space station just behind the front lines takes 20 days in a fast Loroi ship. Reaching human space will take months. There is no way for human and Loroi to send any messages faster than sending courier ships.

2. The whole point of sending scout ships to make first contact was to reach a favourable agreement as fast as possible. Therefore, the Scout corps was cleared to parley on behalf of mankind. They even send out several ships in case one or several ships get lost. While the expectation was clearly for the captains and senior officers to parley, when all else fails, every single member of the scout corps is expected to do all he can. Captain Hamilton clearly states this when hiring Alex.
>>
>>53631505
Even though I'm pre-disposed to liking the Loroi more (though that may be because they are humanoid), even I think they are slinging a FARMLOAD of bullshit to make themselves look better. It just remains to be seen how badly this shit stinks.
>>
>>53631565
Literally dots and lines representing stars and jump lanes.

The galactic directions used originate with Traveller, if not something earlier.
>>
>>53631539
>>53631569
>>
>>53631511
We don't actually know what they do.
Loroi also have a few races under their influence.

>>53631533
Maybe not, resembling the Loroi also causes problems for the Loroi.
>>
It's been well established that Jardin has been specifically trained and sent on this mission to act as an envoy/diplomat. Language training, protocol for establishing common terms and declaring Earth's diplomatic stance. His ship being blown up doesn't negate those orders. The Bellarmine was sent out specifically to do this, it wasn't a blind exploration mission with no knowledge of the Loroi. It's quite likely that this too is according to established orders.

And he put his millions-of-light-years sized finger on a map and said "we're somewhere around here." He's giving away nothing of genuine military importance. It's like saying "the D-day landings will be happening somewhere in the Solar System, sometime in the next five thousand years."
>>
>>53631612

Author in his insider basically says that's SOP for the bugs.
>>
>>53631602
I mean, would actual scientists use these kinds of maps to orientage in space or is it too much like a vidya
And would aliens orientate or define their environment like we do
>>
>>53631572
to be fair, most of is read most of the apges years ago
>>
>>53630735
>1950's
>isolationism

What?
>>
When the loroi healed him, do you think they smuggled something in him/change him?
>>
>>53631588
>>53631572
>>53631614

If this fucking was meant to be first contact representative he would have political and anthropological training and the rank and authority to speak for the human race in preliminary negotiations. He would certainly be much better prepared than he's been shown to be, he wouldn't be acting like a goddamn harem anime protag.Do you really think humanity would just roll into this so fucking unprepared? I garuntee you the fucking pentagon has a folder RIGHT now for what to do if ET drops his shit in the middle of Washington to say hello.
>>
>>53631632
Probably a bit of both.
>>
>>53631612
All that matters to them is an undetectable crew in space that doesn't deny orders.
>>
>>53631674
This shit is space opera. It doesn't need a whole bunch more verisimilitude to fit genre convention.
>>
>>53631614
>what are radio signals
There are at least a dozen different ways they could find the human space given a rough direction and the incentive to actually go into that

>>53631674
Hell, even the catholic church has its own department about that
>>
>>53631651
Remember, TNG was written by globalist leaning leftists.
>>
>>53631699

I'd love to see what Rome has preplaned for the first visiting aliens.
>>
>>53631601
I'm going by the Insider articles rather than the information supplied by Tempo.

The worst thing about the Loroi is their arrogance, pretty much.
>>
>>53631622
http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/hierarchy_races.html

What?
>>
>>53631143
Telling jokes is a sign that you aren't concerned about the suffering of PoC's and the LGBT community.
>>
>>53631632
The resemblance to a video game (specifically Master of Orion) is deliberate and intentional. See the Elerians above.

I think in this kind of space opera, where the point is to tell interesting stories for human minds to relate with and understand, these kinds of questions are mostly irrelevant.

Unless your story is entirely focused on the issues involved in crossing language and cultural barriers, the purpose and effectiveness of maps, translators, and other paraphernalia is tertiary to the audience having an immediate and image understanding of the progress of the plot.

So to answer your question directly, I would give you two answers. In an entirely realistic universe, this scenario would never even take place. However, if we take the Outsider universe at face value, it's entirely reasonable that humans and Loroi -- and even most aliens in general -- would share certain common concepts and usages.
>>
>>53631755
*innate understanding
>>
>>53631674
He did learn Loroi trade language and a couple speeches by heart. But seriously, I think his instructors would have stressed out the "If you're ever alone with aliens, don't do anything that could be misinterpreted, in fact don't do anything if you can help it, and contact a diplomat ASAP" element a bit more.
>>
>>53631729
Fun fact: For most countries in the world, the military would be responsible for handling such an event.
For germany, it's the department of civil protection&disaster control
(source: a decade old p.m. magazine)
>>
>>53631674
>If this fucking was meant to be first contact representative he would have political and anthropological training and the rank and authority to speak for the human race in preliminary negotiations.

He has all of that. Every member of the Bellarmine's crew has all of this.

>He would certainly be much better prepared than he's been shown to be

He seems pretty prepared. That said, no plan fully equips anyone to see their crew vapourized in an instant to wake up aboard an alien ship full of blue space elves. The situation with the Loroi is pretty different from what the Bellarmine's mission planners seemed to expect. For one, they didn't even know the Loroi were so similar physically to humans.

>he wouldn't be acting like a goddamn harem anime protag

He's not even doing this. Are you just inventing reasons to be mad now?
>>
>>53631739

http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/forum_umiak.html

Read the paragraphs above the biology subsection.
>>
>>53631674
Bro I think you need to take a chill pill and actually read the comic from start to finish.
>>
>>53631674
He's a fighter pilot who got downgaded to the lowest rank on a scout ship due to insubordination. He'll never be diplomatic or a good judge of character.
>>
>>53631810

Yeah, it's not long for a 20 year comic.
>>
>>53631746
What makes you think I'm white?

I think there should be moderation between supporting rights of LGBT and religious communities.
>>
>>53631674
>If this fucking was meant to be first contact representative
He was tied for lowest seniority in the lowest rank on the ship. He was briefed and trained in accordance with his station, IE he speaks the language and has been following orders.
The fact that you don't like it doesn't change that.

This isn't a HFY story. Humanity isn't numerous, strong or smart in this setting. Jardin cannot bargain from a position of strength because he is - as of his capture - the MOST knowledgeable human on the subject of how small and far behind we are.
Humanity's survival depends on being cooperative, which is why he's playing so very nice.
>>
Remember kids, the entire point of space 4x games is to create something like this webcomic in your head.
>>
>>53631817

The closet thing that earth has to fighters are drones. Earth lacks tech to pull of manned fighters.
>>
>>53631834
As a third party, this dialogue has me confused of who is serious and who isn't.
>>
>>53631846

Wait, there are people who don't?
>>
>>53631881
Yupp, some people don't roleplay and play it more like an economy or warfare simulator
Not saying there are enjoying it wrong

Just telling readers of this webcomic to support an awesome genre
>>
>>53631841
My point isn't that humanity should be great, my point is that 1. If he was meant to speak for humanity he would be higher ranked and doing a better job and 2. If he was not meant to speak for humanity he would have been trained to introduce the Loroi onto someone who is and NOT step above his pay grade. If he's the lowest rank on the ship see my first point, he should be pointing out Earth's nearest colony and assisting in making contact while making friendly but meaningless small talk
>>
>>53631898
It amazes me how you seem unable to read the posts answering yours. Or do you just see what you want when you look at the screen? Why can't you do this with the comic?
>>
>>53631898
You're making a fool of yourself. Read the damn comic.
>>
>>53631898
See, now we know you haven't even read the last ten pages, or you're just looking to start an argument.
>>
>>53631808
I thought you were talking about >>53631533

Low self determination is pretty vague. You could say those under the Loroi's sphere of influence have less self determination.
>>
>>53631932

I might need to read the through his forum post again, I swear he used the term slavery.
>>
>>53631897
It's weird that the game the Author made, Stars in Shadow, does not have much in the way of roleplaying elements. Stellaris, Endless Space, have quests and storylines, heroes and unique units. But Stars in Shadow is really bland in comparison.
>>
File: outsider095.jpg (304KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
outsider095.jpg
304KB, 825x1200px
>>53631898
It's not my fault you're too stupid to read m8.
>>
>>53631817
He might be able to pilot, but he was salutatorian at a prestigious academy.

He might not be very good at controlling his own actions, but the character is supposed to be smart.

>>53631861
Wouldn't unmanned fighters be popular regardless?
>>
>>53631965
I fail to see how that page refutes his point.
>>
>>53631965
Love the look of the human ships. So homeworld-ish.
>>
>>53631977

No clue, Loroi use manned fighters.

He is really a helmsman, not a fighter jockey. He was assigned bridge duty until he got punished and sent to damage control.
>>
>>53631977
>He might not be very good at controlling his own actions, but the character is supposed to be smart.
To be fair, he probably handled himself better than most people do, it's just that the author has a realistic understanding of smart people and doesn't go the tony stark route.
>>
File: outsider106.jpg (300KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
outsider106.jpg
300KB, 825x1200px
>>53632001
Gee, it's almost as though additional context is necessary in order to grasp the situation.
I wonder where you could get additional context?
>>
File: smug.png (934KB, 1133x630px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
934KB, 1133x630px
>>53628617
/innawoods/? I'm /unnaground/.
>>
File: weirdalfoil_2322.jpg (40KB, 350x347px) Image search: [Google]
weirdalfoil_2322.jpg
40KB, 350x347px
"It is urgent that we agree on a date and time to meet to discuss Disclosure and Zero Point Energy, at your earliest available after your departure. My Catholic colleague Terri Mansfield will be there too, to bring us up to date on the Vatican’s awareness of ETI. "
>>
File: outsider107.jpg (334KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
outsider107.jpg
334KB, 825x1200px
>>53632091
Perhaps by ...reading?
Some sort of medium?
Relevant to the conversation?
>>
>>53632115
>she devoured it all
I didn't ask for this boner.
>>
>>53632012
Loroi aren't the best for telling if something is pragmatic.
>>
File: thekiss04.jpg (58KB, 428x412px) Image search: [Google]
thekiss04.jpg
58KB, 428x412px
>>53632163
ayy lmao
>>
>>53631674
>I garuntee you the fucking pentagon has a folder RIGHT now for what to do if ET drops his shit in the middle of Washington to say hello.
They do, and it mostly just says "panic, pray, and hope the scientists don't fuck it up".

A actual first-contact scenario will involve so many unknown and unknowable variables, the only preparation you can do is try and be as flexible in your responses as possible, and not go off the deep end and start killing ourselves.
>>
>>53632115
>>53632091
Alright, this does indeed show he's much more intelligent and better prepared than other pages would have believe
>>
>>53632113
http://www.vaticanobservatory.va/content/specolavaticana/en.html
>>
File: devourer.png (64KB, 197x181px) Image search: [Google]
devourer.png
64KB, 197x181px
>>53632163
>>
>>53632163
>>53632248
she just wanted more lenght
>>
>>53632286
And width

She took all the measurements he had
>>
File: yamato01.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
yamato01.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>53630990
You can watch the '70s original instead if you want
>>
File: outsider094.jpg (335KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
outsider094.jpg
335KB, 825x1200px
>>53632235
It was never supposed to be in question, his specialty is supposed to be tactics, but it really hasn't come up.
>>
>>53632235
Remebmer, smart people make mistakes too,especially when they are fishes out of their water
>>
>>53631674
>If this fucking was meant to be first contact representative
Of course Alex is meant to be a first contact representative. He was aboard Bellarmine. The whole mission was first contact.

>he would have political and anthropological training and the rank and authority to speak for the human race in preliminary negotiations
He's an Ensign. For him to be in the situation he is in now, every single person on Bellarmine apart from him had to die. Mankind operated under time constraints. Having the crew learn a new language in months already took enough time. The diplomatical training was given to actual officers.

>He would certainly be much better prepared than he's been shown to be
No? He's so far strictly following orders. His introduction, his scientific units he memorized to establish common units, he gave that all according to the plan. He's even pressing the Loroi to find the relay vessel. But since that is impossible, Alexander Jardin is the guy who now has to deal with the Loroi.

>he wouldn't be acting like a goddamn harem anime protag
What are you talking about?

>Do you really think humanity would just roll into this so fucking unprepared?
The Scout mission is what mankind managed to send out there. They traveled farther than any other human vessel before and they cast off in a hurry. What makes you think Jardin is unprepaed? Because he showed the Loroi where our homeworld approximately is? Ridiculous. In a stone age setting the equivalent would be telling the Loroi that humans can be found 3 months of travel on horseback to the east.
>>
>>53628600
we're gonna see a double event!!!
>>
>>53632819

What are you saying profesor?
>>
>>53631735
I don't see why you think Tempo was dishonest with Alex.

So far she just told him how the war started, that the Umiak are deceitful (as any enemy in any war ever) and that militarily and politically contacting mankind right now is not an option.

Sure, she pulled lots of strings against Stillstorm. But in her treatment of Alex she was nothing but very frank.

She gave him the summary of the Insider without embellishment.
>>
File: outsider005.jpg (327KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
outsider005.jpg
327KB, 825x1200px
>>53632795
>every single person on Bellarmine apart from him had to die

What about these nerds?
The dialogue seems to imply that his usual position on the bridge is higher than where they are now, excepting that he's fresh out of the academy.
>>
>>53632819

We've already had a triple event.
>>
>>53632091
How does telling them where the earth is helps in going back to the rendez-vous point?
(granted, since he explained the SI to Beryl, they can find it pretty easily anyways)

>>53632964
Being a seaman, it's a bit more complicated than that.
Basically you have various "services" (bridge, engine,...) with its own personel. This isn't related to rank.
They probably pissed off the officer of the watch and switched with the team that was on damage control as a result. Not a punishment per se, but you'd have to be a real pita for the officer to change the schedule like that.
>>
>>53633082
>Being a seaman, it's a bit more complicated than that.
We all were once.
>>
>>53631388
But that's blatantly false. Every member of the Scout Corps chosen for this mission was given first contact training.
>>
>>53631699
Radio signals suck as a way of determining planet whereabouts. Even if you ignore how pitifully weak most of our radio signals are and how Solar radiation scrambles them you still need to jump within around 150 light years of Earth to even have a chance to catch them.

The thickness of our Galaxy is around 1000 light years on average. Good luck. Don't forget to account for background noise, star radiation, gas clouds and other stellar shit.

Yes seeding general area of space around 1500-2000 LY in diameter with dozens-hundreds of scout FTL-capable ships would do it. Only how much will it cost in the end?
>>
>>53631735
The worst part is their mind control. You literally can' be sure how much of what their allies say is true and how much is a result of long term mind control programs.
>>
>>53633338
>long term mind control programs

The Historian and Barsam diplomats were pretty dang quick to notice how Jardin contradicts the past thousand years of Loroi propaganda.
>>
>>53632648
>Really good at tactics
>Fucked with the rules and metagamed
>In trouble with superiors constantly

Oh god

Oh god

He's fucking Kirk oh god
>>
>>53633417
Yeah pretty much.

Jardin has always been a sneaky Kirk homage, much like the Loroi are based on a whole class of spess elf races in fiction.
>>
>>53633388
Well, if they could control people over interplanetary distances there would be no war. But combining normal propaganda with mind control agents working over most influential individuals of your neighbours should be pretty effective.

I really hope someone has at least analogue to Magneto helmet or Loroi intelligence and counter-intelligence operations would be at least 2-3 steps above everyone else.
>>
>>53633417
>>53633463

Kirk would have managed some cheesy innuendo when asked if he needed relief, rather than try to headbutt a psychic barrier
>>
File: titan+ae[1].jpg (35KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
titan+ae[1].jpg
35KB, 852x480px
>>53633463
Doesn't he draw influence from the Titan AE guy?
>>
>>53633338
Being a member of the Loroi Union sucks, because it means your race is subordinate to the Loroi.
Being a member of the Umiak Hierarchy is worse, because it means your race is enslaved and will only live so long as it's useful.

Also, 'mind control' is something of a stretch, given that they've established 'no-Loroi' zones for the race so susceptible to empathy some of them deify the Loroi - out of embarrassment. For good or ill they value independence.
>>
>>53633472
>But combining normal propaganda with mind control agents working over most influential individuals of your neighbours should be pretty effective.

A thousand years of mind controlling influential individuals and they somehow neglected the diplomats?
>>
>>53633338
They need physical contact to do that doubt they could easily brainwash most of their allies.
>>
>>53633497
There's a page on the website listing 'blue people.'
It is extensive.
I don't doubt that he's seen Titan AE.
>>
>>53628600
I want to FUCK Beryl
>>
>>53633522
>Being a member of the Umiak Hierarchy is worse, because it means your race is enslaved and will only live so long as it's useful.
Where was it stated they get rid of their subordinate races?
>>
>>53633536
After a thousand years the diplomats don't get close to Loroi
>>
>>53633564
Nowhere, but the Umiak philosophy of life combined with the Umiak client races description tending toward "no one else has seen this species lately," points toward the Umiak treating their allies the way they treat themselves, which is "work until you're dead."
Why waste time manufacturing more allied species instead of more Umiak?
>>
>>53633556

Pfft, it's obvious that she really wants the first loroi/human hug and cuddling that she can mentally rub in Talon's smug face.
>>
>>53633680
I should think a thousand years of propaganda and mind control would have been able to prevent such disadvantageous behavior.

Russia's got a presidency under their thumb and all they had to do was finance a few golf courses.
>>
>>53633685
Because client races don't have problems with gravity and help with advancing technology.

Why would they be in contact with the races in Umiak territory?
>>
>>53633754
Don't forget the golden showers.
>>
File: 23523523523523626.png (399KB, 895x1282px) Image search: [Google]
23523523523523626.png
399KB, 895x1282px
>>53628600
oh god, this is the shit Nostradamus warned us about
>>
>>53633709
I guess she is really into non government-supervised sex
>>
>>53633754
They don't have real mind control and they know when they are being attacked.
>>
>>53633823

I think anyone would, especially if you only get to fuck once before you could die, or in fireblade's case not at all.
>>
Is it pronounced en-sin or en-sine?
>>
>>53634877
ˈɛnsən
>>
>>53634877
My Navy uncle says en-sin.
My Air-force father vehemently disagrees.

Me and my Army buddies laugh at them
>>
>>53635518
>anglos have variation not only between countries, but between branches.
Should have kept the french pronunciation, famalam.
>>
File: outsider010.jpg (199KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
outsider010.jpg
199KB, 825x1200px
When Mass Effect : Andromeda was announced, I had hoped it'd take place entirely on board a scout ship or on planetary EVAs, exploring the unknown.

Was really saddened when it wasn't.

Is there anything like Starcon 2 or even the really old Starflight game? Exploring an unknown galaxy in an under prepared spaceship? Long Journey Home looks promising.
>>
>>53635852
>When Mass Effect : Andromeda was announced, I had hope

Nah, dude.
>>
>>53635518
tng uses the first one
>>
>>53635781
>french pronunciation
>in Anglostan

Don't make me throw freedom fries at you.
>>
File: outsider117.jpg (319KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
outsider117.jpg
319KB, 825x1200px
>dat moment when Beryl goes mild tsundere because she caught Jardin shaking the pilot's hand
hnnng
>>
>>53635919
They're the one who kept the extraneous F from old-French lieuf-tenant
>>
>>53635928
I wonder just why she's so jealous about that.
>>
>>53636031
She has several blanked out negative traits on her character sheet. I'm guessing one of them is "extremely possessive"
>>
File: untitled.jpg (605KB, 800x1248px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
605KB, 800x1248px
>>53636031
Physical contact is pretty intimate for the Loroi, Jardin notes early on that they all make it a point to avoid eachother's personal space

And then there's this brassy pilot slut feeling Jardin up in public and (apparently) calling him his first name and everything
>>
>>53635919
It's called lingua Franca for a reason

French was once the language of England
>>
>>53636031
Physical contact is very intimate for loroi.
Imagine you find a cute alien waifu stranded in space, you get a liaison role, your dream since you just love alien lifeforms, and when you get asleep for 5 minutes you find her with the pilot's dick in her mouth.
>"buf itf juft a greetingff"
>>
>>53636031
She's a xenophile, and another Loroi is getting touchy with the just-similar-enough alien.

She's a scientist, and a bloody fighter pilot just discovered something about human culture before she could.

The Pilot was supposed to be showing the alien their nav systems so they can work out where the humans are relative to them, and instead the bint is cuddling with the guy

>>53636107
fortunately, they recovered from that state
>>
>>53636108
You take notes on how the aliens penis works, then push that bitch out of the way once he finishes and take your turn saying hello. His cries for you to stop, it's too sensitive only spur you on. Both of you spend the night out fucking each other on the exhausted human, who long since gave up begging you to stop and just groans softly with each aching ejaculation
>>
>>53636107
>tfw they'd still speak French if France had lost the Hundred Years War.
>>
>>53636146
>>53636108
>>53636055

How long until the passive-aggressive 'any other human customs I should know about?'
>>
>>53635919
>freedom fires
absolutely fat and salty, as fries should be
>>
>>53636055
So Beryl is the Yandere girl?

>>53636182
When he runs out of 'ooh shiny science stuff' to show her
>>
>>53628600
So why are you sharing patreon exclusive things with us? Do you think you are behaving dishonestly? Does Arioch know?
>>
>>53636198
No you stupid slut, Beryl is tsundere.
Fireblade is yandere.
Talon is just a Lorai-loli who wants to fugg.
>>
>>53636290

Arioch please just let us enjoy this.
>>
>>53636290

Because it will be public eventually, and another supporter did it yesterday. I don't think it's dishonest, I paid for it. I honestly don't know if he is aware, I'd like to think he'd want it to spread around to get more views and maybe more patreon love.
>>
>>53636290
Good chunk of the readership are /tg/ regulars, so even if Arioch doesn't know, the patrons certainly do.
I just guess they wanted to discuss the page with a larger audience and since they don't want to be blatant about it and do it on the forums they do it here.
>>
File: guy towels forehead.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
guy towels forehead.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>53636177
>>
>>53636290
I DID MY WAITING

TWELVE YEARS

IN AZKABAN
>>
>>53636583
You're taking this too seriusly
>>
>>53636290
>patreon exclusive

It's only exclusive for, like, a day.
Anon posted 117 from Patreon this weekend and it's live now.
>>
>>53630991
The fuck is that retardation?
>>
>>53636290
Outsider has the quality to gain viewers by sharing. If Arioch keeps up this pace, his Patreon will explode.

Now, shit like this one really pretentious comic with the horrible panel layout likely lose viewers by sharing.
>>
File: laughing ripoffs.png (215KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
laughing ripoffs.png
215KB, 500x500px
>>53636290
>Do you think you are behaving dishonestly?
Are you seriously asking this on 4chan of all places?
>>
>>53631161
Only a French from Quebec would be called "jardin".
>>
>>53636626
Or that one about college lesbians
>>
>>53636290
I have had Outsider in my "check daily" folder of webcomics for close to a decade. The amount of web traffic I've brought him he should probably be paying me.
>>
File: 01_041_KodaiShimaWreck.jpg (91KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
01_041_KodaiShimaWreck.jpg
91KB, 1920x1080px
>>53636619
Aliens occupy Pluto and use it to launch exterminatus shells made from nuked-up meteors.
Humanity is driven deep underground to survive the constant bombardment, but secretly constructs a spaceship under the hulk of WWII battleship Yamato with help from a mysterious alien sympathizer.
>>
>>53636325
>the eager girl who wants to keep talking science and gets visibly jealous
>Tsundere

>The girl who hasn't said a word and who's only interactions with the guy are throwing him around with telepathy and glaring silently
>yandere

Anon, I don't think you know your -dere's
>>
>>53636714
[PTSD intensifies]
>>
>>53636904

Yeah honestly.

Normally kind but suddenly Jealous types are what develops into full yandere.

The initially/usually cruel/terse/uninterested but "with a heart of gold / secret loves protag but won't admit it" is tsundere.

Of course Beryl hasn't shown the overprotective mania of yandere (besides a little catty jealousy) and Fireblade hasn't shown a soft side of a tsundere, so neither of them are actually any of those deres
>>
>>53636902
The fucking slint eyes. Still not over the fact that they wasted so much on a glorified target practice they then tried to beach somewhere in the Pacific.
>>
>>53637023
Glorified target whos main cannons were made with disposable barrels no less.
Should have been Space Carrier Lexington, or one of the Kongo's if they wanted a Jap BB who actually did something.
Polite sage for off topic.
>>
>>53637010
I am now curious. What are you talking about?
>>
>>53628617
Soon
>>
File: SBB277USSNorthCarolina.jpg (160KB, 1200x599px) Image search: [Google]
SBB277USSNorthCarolina.jpg
160KB, 1200x599px
>>53637013
>uninterested but "with a heart of gold / secret love

This is kuudere

>>53637023
Don't kid yourself, anon. If it was Space Carrier Nimitz you'd be chanting USA USA USA as it crushed the aliens.
Besides it's a classic space opera from the 70s, far too late to be complaining about it now.
>>
>>53637150
>Space Carrier Nimitz
who give a shit about the Nimitz?
>>
File: 1487111927827.jpg (1MB, 1071x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1487111927827.jpg
1MB, 1071x1079px
>>53637223
Do you want the cute space lesbians and cool space opera battles or not, faggot?
Jesus Christ quit being so difficult.
>>
>>53637096
Go to /co. Look up Dumbing of Age. Prepare for pain
>>
>>53637287
I thought you were talking about Moon over June for a moment.
>>
>>53637272
>Lesbians

Can I get Space gays instead? With rocking abs and bulging biceps?
>>
>>53637150
I won't lie, the best part of Aquablue was getting a space foreign legion instead of the usual space marines.
>>
File: General_Domel_and_Admiral_Okita.png (753KB, 1272x713px) Image search: [Google]
General_Domel_and_Admiral_Okita.png
753KB, 1272x713px
>>53637318
No.
There's only one swole bara and he's got a wife.
>>
>>53637272
I can tell from this screenshot alone that I would not like this show.
>>
>>53636612

A shit movie reference is taking things seriously?
>>
>>53632103
Haven't been on /k/ in a while
They ever finish the tunnels?
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2013-11-04-20h18m53s228.png (653KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2013-11-04-20h18m53s228.png
653KB, 1280x720px
>>53637426
What, are you assuming an out-of-context screenshot is indicative of the entire series?
Are you interpreting it as moeshit or something?

>>53637482
>tunnels
Weak shit, /diy/ has already bought up 3 or 4 decommissioned military bunkers
>>
>>53637318
go for Legend of Galactic Heroes then.

Though it would be much more gay if only kircheis were here
>>
>>53637482

>/k/
>doing anything other than put dicks in Garands, bolts in buttholes, and semen in brownies.
>>
>>53637512
>Are you interpreting it as moeshit or something?
Partially that. I've never seen Battle Ship Yamato but seeing these three is reminding me of how much the plot of Nadesico got dragged into the ground by some equally moe characters. I've heard good things about the show but not anything that would make me jump in on it. And not going to lie, the guy with the gray hair isn't helping that.
>>
File: SFCC01Marineris.png (612KB, 1500x734px) Image search: [Google]
SFCC01Marineris.png
612KB, 1500x734px
>>53637426
Are you sure ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvl6uVweAhE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSrYskeie-s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b6q0swc8MM
>>
>>53637644
>Nadesico
Everything bad that happened in that show happened because of that 16 year old female captain doing something dumb.
>>
>>53637512
>/diy/ has already bought up 3 or 4 decommissioned military bunkers
My country has those for sale around 1k Eur a pop, but they are the lightest infantry fortification (crew of 2 or 3, one firepoint), more of a concrete pillbox with a roof than proper bunker.
>>
>>53637644
>the guy with the gray hair isn't helping that.
That's a chick and she's a side-character.
Her sub-plot is that she's a vengeful Martian who lost family to the Gamilans, but has to learn to co-operate with one when shit goes south.
>>
>>53637760
>t. Albanian
>>
>>53637338
>Aquablue
Well it was a French comic.
>>
File: 1490654954960.jpg (2MB, 1788x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1490654954960.jpg
2MB, 1788x1265px
>>53637760
The bunkers /diy/ is buying are things like under-mountain command centers and cavernous fuel storage.

Anon made a killing with an online poker business and decided to go full unnaground
>>
>>53637682
All this does is show me that the 'Space' part of this opera is well animated. What about the character drama? I only know of one scene and by the looks of it it's from an older iteration of this series. The bearded guy is dying and it's pretty somber

>>53637685
The entire crew was pretty much at fault. The company that funded the Nadesico put together the most incompitant crew I've ever seen. Understaffed their mech pilots, and put more effort on into coprorate policies than being a military vessel (that one is a plot point at least)

>>53637765
>That's a chick
Well than. And I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on anyone's show. I just really have never been sold on Yamamoto.
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

Did that idiot just give an alien race the location of his homeworld?

Brand him a traitor and kill him.
>>
>>53632964
He was supposed to be a bridge scrub, which is often staffed by the enlisted in the US fleets. If anything he might've been the guy to fire the guns but we'll never know
>>
>>53637955
Read the fucking comic first you HIV infested namefagging piece of shit.
>>
>>53637866
>that scale
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>53637912
If the captain hadn't blasted her way through the earth's shield just because she wanted to be in space _NOW_, the earth defense force wouldn't have moved it's assets away from the orbital colonies, so more of the mecha pilots would have survived, along with the orbital colonies. If the captain hadn't moved the entire ship to right over where the martian survivors were just so she could be closer to the guy she liked, the survivors wouldn't have died during the battle.

There's plenty of examples but every time she made a decision it was the wrong one and people died.
>>
>>53637912
>I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on anyone's show. I just really have never been sold on Yamamoto.

I dunno dude all you've been doing is looking at random screenshots and wildly misinterpreting them.

Download an episode or two at least.
>>
>>53637827
Close enough. Slightly more northwards.

>>53637866
Would love to get my hands on one of those, or a small fort, but alas agglomeration above 50 square meters is pretty much unaffordable to a common man.
>>
>>53637150
>Space Carrier Nimitz
Fuck off. I want the Stealth Ship Dönitz crushing the Umiak supply lines.

I'd also accept HMS Thunderchild.
>>
>>53638228
>stealth
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>53638098
>I dunno dude all you've been doing is looking at random screenshots and wildly misinterpreting them.
I mean I have had a friend try and sell this to me in the past and having a literal space navy wasn't an appealing hook either. And this is admitting that most space combat in most series is presented on a 2d axis and combat is more related to marine warfare.
>>
>>53638275
Nah I get it dude, you're unreasonably stubborn and contrarian.

You go ahead and... I dunno, wait for an animated adaptation of Lost Fleet or something.
Whatever floats your... hrm. Your boat doesn't sound like it floats at all.
>>
>>53638267
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_D%C3%B6nitz#Commander_of_the_submarine_fleet
Fucking hell, man.
>>
>>53638376
Is there an english dub of the remake anywhere? Even a fandub? I know, pleb-tier taste for not listening to grorious nipponese, but...
>>
>>53638376
>unreasonably stubborn and contrarian.
You've offered no reason for me to change my mind. And the anon who posted those videos only demonstrated that the show has good ship-to-ship scenes but that's not why I watch a space opera. And yeah, if I see a bunch of prettied up characters and assume their moe-bait; I'm pretty justified with that assumption, especially when as far as I just looked up most of them don't exist in the one instance of a reason to watch this show that I've seen.
https://youtu.be/skUxCFIxLqE

And guess what, that's more a reason to just jump in on the original version of this. Trying to act smug and offer nothing in return is a great way to get me to change my mind though.
>>
File: donald trump posts on trumpgen.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
donald trump posts on trumpgen.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>53637866
>a guy from 4chan now owns a NORAD scale bunker with internal power generation and fresh water supply
>there are 4chan projects for everything from game design to gunsmithing to novel writing
>Hillary Clinton declared war on a 4chan meme and lost
>the fucking President has been confirmed to post on /pol/ at least once (pic related)
What the fuck is happening to this website?
>>
File: we captain now.jpg (11KB, 478x350px) Image search: [Google]
we captain now.jpg
11KB, 478x350px
>>53638750
Look at me. Look at me. We're the Illuminati now. We're the Illuminati.
>>
>>53629534
exploration also runs the very real risk of finding someone else you might piss off by accident, which is not what you need while locked in a war to the knife. On a more practical note, long range ships on exploration missions are ships not scouting enemy territory and/or blowing up targets of opportunity in enemy territory.
>>
>>53638750
>the fucking President has been confirmed to post on /pol/ at least once (pic related)
Neat. Though apparently he's a namefag or doesn't know the difference between the Name and Subject field so I'm disappointed either way.
>>
File: trump on trumpgen tweet.png (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
trump on trumpgen tweet.png
2MB, 3000x2000px
>>53639346
There might also be this one where he posted as anon but the evidence is less concrete.
>>
>>53631263

Isn't Berserk on schedule so far though?
>>
>>53636182
I think her asking why she didn't know about this was already pretty close.
>>
>>53636583

Eight years sidereal on the boat for me.

I blame Idolmaster.
>>
>>53636182
With the current updating schedule around 6 months
>>
>>53636108
Did someone say rishatra?
>>
>>53636177
D-do you write more, anon? Where can i find it, is it on the 1d4chan index?
>>
File: awooncement.png (510KB, 1300x900px) Image search: [Google]
awooncement.png
510KB, 1300x900px
GOG has DOSBox wrappers of MoO 1&2 for six bucks if you guys want more spess elf waifus.
>>
>>53640334
Elarian are pretty shitty anon.
>>
>>53631198

Yeah I checked the previous thread in the archives after posting that and saw pretty quickly that he now posts the newest page on patreon first.

>first news post about patreon was in 2015

Apparently this is the first page in a long time I've caught live on /tg/, since I've never noticed the discrepancy before.
>>
>>53640196
This will fly right over most of /tg/
>>
>>53628600
>mindshit don't work on humangs
>empty quarter where nobody goes

I'm reminded of veil of madness.
>>
>>53641024
The Umiak went there otherwise it would have been a fun plot twist.
>>
>>53637445
Read that comment again nigger.
>>
>>53636348
I am not Arioch.
>>
>>53643201

Little late there Francis.

It's be a swell time, I hope we don't have to be away for a year again.
>>
>>53640214
I did write one fapfic once. It wasn't very good. But I liked it.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hivestrain_Azure

Warning: Tyranid
>>
>>53643323
>Warning: Tyranid
WHY?
>>
File: Dwarf Names.png (188KB, 1062x644px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Names.png
188KB, 1062x644px
Would this series be as popular with blue dwarves instead?
>>
>>53643901
No, fat midgets are not attractive
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.