[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miniatures games without miniatures !

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

I want to run games that require miniatures (savage worlds, Strife, D&D) but I don't have any and I can't buy them (I live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere with no game-stores in sight and amazon won't deliver where I live)

What the fuck do I do ?
>>
Paper-craft? Vassal 40k? Print outs?
>>
>>53627855
Lego.
>>
>>53627855
at least for RPGs, cardboard tokens will do you alright. I prefer minis and some scenery in person for the "authenticity" factor but in a pinch printing off some tokens and a good ol fashioned homemade map works great.
>>
Print out portraits and stick them on coins or pokerchips.

You don't absolutely have to use miniatures with Savage Worlds or D&D, but it helps.
>>
There's a game called bananagrams . It's a scrabble-type crossword game, but it's cheap, portable, and commonly available. Makes perfect tokens, especially for mobs (all of the C's are orcs) for the example. Works good for encounters.

I've also taken quarter sized washers, glued/taped printed art from the Internet on it as tokens (there's a java app called tokentool which lets you place, scale and everything into a token.
>>
>>53627855
what god forsaken hell hole do you live in?
>>
File: australia-and-oceania-map.gif (220KB, 1000x598px) Image search: [Google]
australia-and-oceania-map.gif
220KB, 1000x598px
>>53628842
>>
Hex-and-chit wargames
>>
>>53629217
>2017
>being a frog in the middle of the sea
>>
>>53629217
...are you stranded? Should we send help?
>>
>>53627855
>requires miniatures
>d&d

What?
>>
>>53629217
>population of 240,000 and Amazon doesn't deliver

Holy fuck

I'd kill myself.

I live in Okinawa and we still get prime if you're register on the JP Amazon. Then again, we have like 6 times the population. But damn, that sucks.
>>
>tfw too retarded to think of proxy by yourself
>>
>>53627855
have your shit delivered to an island nearby or another country that you plan to visit
you can rent mailboxes
>>
File: cardstockmonsters.png (1MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
cardstockmonsters.png
1MB, 2550x3300px
>>53627855
you can make cardstock miniatures. i've done it before for DnD. vid related
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWWu9Ny8cW8
>>
>>53627855
When my group needs miniatures for a D&D combat we just pull out the monopoly tokens for PCs and get coins out for enemies with a piece of paper with the first letter of the enemy's name and stick it on them. Works well since there's a coin size for every size category except gargantuan in which we use a dollar bill.
>>
>>53629259
fellow anons, we must organize a rescue op. We might need to loop /k/ and /trv/ in
>>
>>53627872
>>53631104
These guys have it. If you don't have minis, do what we always had to do Back In The Day (tm) and make yourself some. You can find plans for print-out paper buildings, vehicles, and all kinds of other stuff around the web, for a start. Little print out men like those above work fine too (use coins as bases, for weight).

Might also be worth looking at some of the aussie manufacturers to see if you can mail-order stuff cheaper from there. I know Eureka makes some good stuff.
>>
File: 1473195962323.png (291KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473195962323.png
291KB, 399x400px
>>53629217
How do you even have somebody to play with?
>>
>>53627855
Play video games
>>
check out my guys, basic tfold paper miniatures. Look up dark city games for some ideas
>>
>>53629217
Do you need us to let someone know you're out there?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.