[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 738
Thread images: 77

File: 1484177566877.jpg (437KB, 1280x982px) Image search: [Google]
1484177566877.jpg
437KB, 1280x982px
Thread Question: Will you try to list build around command points? How important are they?

>Previous Thread
>>53620475

>Leaks:
https://mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/31/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-necrons/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata
>>
First for Commorragh!
>>
first for squats!
>>
>>53625700
>Will you try to list build around command points? How important are they?
If it only requires small adjustments then yes I will always try to snag extra command points. The re-rolls are absolutely vital for some armies.
>>
>>53625700
Fourth for CAWL IS A HERETEK
>>
File: 1347517821285.jpg (104KB, 977x820px) Image search: [Google]
1347517821285.jpg
104KB, 977x820px
reminder that blood angel assault squads dont get melta guns
>>
>>53625726
What the fuck are these command points?
>>
How is it that the rules for 8th edition 40k leak and suddenly 7th edition apologist pour out of nowhere to argue that it wasn't "that bad" and "the whole system didn't need to be scrapped" - YES IT DID. The whole system was fatally flawed, a few tweaks here and there were not enough to fix it.

Agree or Disagree?
>>
File: 1481948881426.jpg (14KB, 324x451px) Image search: [Google]
1481948881426.jpg
14KB, 324x451px
>>53625700
With the new ed coming out looks like my Orks are gonna be gudt again
Whats a good alternative to carrying all these pieces of shit around though?
My old GW case broke and i dont want to risk taking these fuckers around in sandwich containers.
>>
File: 6867646131.jpg (237KB, 853x797px) Image search: [Google]
6867646131.jpg
237KB, 853x797px
>>53625700
First for Orks are the new Taudar
>>
>>53625743
Agree
>>
>>53625734
Dude. Chill your nuts. We've got bigger problems to sort first, or did you not notice the GIANT CHAOS GASH ACROSS THE SKY?
>>
>>53625739
Meltaguns are not that important any more and assault squads exist for anti-infantry work anyway.
>>
>>53625743
Agree. I am coming back to 40k for this new edition specifically because they gave up on so much dumb shit that had piled up over previous editions.
>>
So If I'm not reading this incorrectly, Knight Commander Pask can give orders to Tank Commanders and even to himself.

Since he can order twice on his turn, he may do well with himself and a friendly tank commander, (ideally ordering himself and other if I'm not nuts).

Anyone else can confirm this reading?
>>
>>53625743
I have yet to see any 7th apologists. Just people saying how nice 8th is. Some people are hitching that some things are gone, but we all know stuff will come back later.
>>
>>53625743
Agree.
They could only rehash 3rd edition so many times before the rules bloat became unbearable. I genuinely like most of the changes to 8th edition, even some of the ones that had me saying wtf at first.
>>
File: sdfasdf.jpg (505KB, 1719x1011px) Image search: [Google]
sdfasdf.jpg
505KB, 1719x1011px
In the current fuckfest that is 7th edtion, who wins guys?? Say 2000 pts?
>>
>>53625743
Disagree. I know I'm in the minority, though. I like complexity and moving parts and weird rules interactions. I loved making DnD 3.5 characters in the day, and I loved making 7e lists for the same reason.
>>
>>53625775
orks, tbqh
>>
I'm pondering squad sizes - is there any real point to running, say, a ten-man unit of Raptor over two five-man ones anymore?
>>
100 PL list, battalion detachment

Captain
Terminator librarian

Tactical squad
Tactical squad
Guard infantry squad

Vanguard with jump packs
Contemptor dreadnought
Cataphractii terminators

Assault marines in a razorback

Predator
Predator
Vindicator

I figure the guard squad there is part of a garrison that the space marines are showing up to reinforce.
>>
Are Warlocks and Farseers still as good as FLG says?
>>
>Farsight's area buff of rerolls 1s applies EVERY phase if you're versing orks for ANY unit nearby

lol, bunch of different factions have anti-ork rules, but not much else hatred-equivalents
>>
>>53625775
Da gitz wif da most dakka win
>>
>>53625793
You gain more from IGOUGO melee but you're more vulnerable to losing more dudes from failed morale tests.
>>
File: Deathguard.jpg (932KB, 2970x1644px) Image search: [Google]
Deathguard.jpg
932KB, 2970x1644px
Is my points calculations for the Death Guard side of the new starter box accurate?
>>
>>53625741
They're a new mechanic for 8e. You start with 3 of them and can get more by taking more restricted detachments. They give you rerolls, or auto-passing morale.
>>
File: New40KPrimarisArt1.jpg (125KB, 850x1087px) Image search: [Google]
New40KPrimarisArt1.jpg
125KB, 850x1087px
Fuck all y'all. I like the primaris marines (yes, even THOSE ones)
>>
>>53625809
It's pretty nice, but at the same time all it really means is any squad next to Farsight gets the 1 Markerlight benefit against Orks with their shooting.
>>
>primaris sets are already on ebay
>>
>>53625824
I like them too, and I never liked marines before.
>>
File: 05688.jpg (392KB, 1224x764px) Image search: [Google]
05688.jpg
392KB, 1224x764px
>>53625700
Had a couple of 8th ed games today. Pic related was a 1500pt game with my First Born Guard vs a wraith construct army.
>>
>>53625830

It is funny how orks are heavily on the receiving end of Hatred.
It rerolls 1's in fighting and overwatch, applying to infantry, tanks, and battlesuits.
>>
>>53625654

Sisters are my first/main army, and you really shouldn't underestimate the holy bolter. Take a squad of 15 with a storm bolter, heavy bolter, and combi-flamer, and you will see what a first turn AoF is like, especially with a nearby cannoness. You can either nuke a squad right away or blitz forward 12"(after normal move) and nuke a squad anyway. Failing that, MM or HB Retributers love rerolling 1s.

Immolators in my opinion should be back to the 3rd/4tg edition ways of BURNANATING because we can move 12+d6 inches and do 2d6 heavy flamer shots because fuck you.
>>
How can I combine DV and DI Chaos side to make a cool Nurgle army?
>>
>>53625743
I think the main wave of complaints came when the indexes were leaked. As much as the massive rule bloat was awful, people liked he flavour of their individual army and the options they had within it, and there is no denying that some of that has been lost. Whether we get it back with the codices is yet to be seen. I'm digging it anyway.
>>
>>53625824
They look much better in person than in photos.

The artwork of them is worse when compared to other marines imo.

T.guy who started BA 1 week before 8th rumours and am hyped for primaris BA
>>
>>53625754
Or how about the fact that

>Cawl is trying to revive traitor legions and lost 2nd legion
>Gully no longer trusts him
>Cawl has an A.I.
>Cawl is acting on his own
>Cawl is repeatably requesting to become Fabricator General of Mars
>Cawl consorts with Abominable Xenos Necrons
>Cawl has repeatably ignored orders
>Cawl hides technology and secrets from all

We must deal with the looming heresy within our borders before we crumble entirely.
>>
>>53625726
Some cheaper armies are going to start tacking up on the command points. Orks can make a battalion fairly easily and still have points left over for another detachment's CP. I could definitely see myself coming to a game with 13 CP for rerolls.

Is still yet another advantage for horde armies that we haven't talked about yet? Or is it just evening things out since hordes tend to roll more dice and thus need more rerolls to mechanically break even?
>>
>>53625848
How was it like to fight a Wraithknight in 8th? They seemed a bit toned down from what I am reading.
>>
Where is the rule stopping me from using the auxiliary support detachment to mix factions?

Can I take a GK battalion detachment and supplement that with 3 tau auxiliary support detachments?
>>
>>53625870
Easy, convert everything DV into Nurgle. Chosen become Plague Marines, Cultists become Poxwalkers, Helbrute stays a Helbrute, etc.
>>
>>53625893

GW anti-fun rules
gonna have to leave the fun ALLIES army for open/narrative
>>
File: image.jpg (448KB, 838x911px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
448KB, 838x911px
Just got done playing a 2k game of 8th edition, ultramarines vs ad mech.
It was planetfall, which is the first time I've played that mission (because be honest, how often did you play that stuff in 7th), Ultramarine termies led by guilliman attacking skit mech.
Some highlights/notes on 8th
>deep striking termie lists are super viable now. The ability to charge out of deep strike is a huge advantage that makes them so much better, deathwing may win tournaments now, esspecially when paired with the unkillable beast that is the land raider.
>the changes to AP are definitely for the better, not that anyone really disagrees AFAIK. It has gone a long way to making 3+ and 2+ actually mean something, esspecially in cover.
>termies are dead 'ard killy. Putting out 20 bolter shots and then charging in with chainfists hitting first will obliterate most units
>melee over all is super viable now. It's no longer just a long slog hoping to have some guys left to attack by turn 2 or 3. Getting in is much easier (esspecially since rhinos and land raiders are quite durable), and you do a lot more damage when you get in
>fulgerites are killy for you ad mech players out there. They shit out mortal wounds and killed Bobby G before they got anhilated by thunderhammer termies. He got up next round, but still
>also, command points matter. The reroll to hit and go next in combat stratagem are super useful. I found myself forgetting them the first few games and that was a mistake, they can change the course of the game immensely. Can't wait to see how the codexes add to them

All in all, can't wait for 8th edition, first time in a long time the first company has laid low foul heretics and not been tabled in a turn or two.

>>53625743
Agree, definitely agree. Melee was fucked, morale was useless, vehicles were never going to be good without major overhaul and the game was way too bloated. GW did real good by changing it from the ground up, 8th might be the funnest wargame they've made.
>>
>>53625749
>tfw been playing orks since first got into game
>tfw literally left the hobby for years because of how shit they were in 7th
>tfw I'm going to be called a band-wagoning WAACfag for playing 100+ footsloggers in 1000 point games
>>
File: 1350521349178.png (71KB, 1000x891px) Image search: [Google]
1350521349178.png
71KB, 1000x891px
so has anyone found a use for Dire Avengers? They seem overpriced, frail, and not worth it to me.
>>
File: 1487404947431.jpg (71KB, 900x635px) Image search: [Google]
1487404947431.jpg
71KB, 900x635px
I recently managed to acquire an absurd amount of Crisis Suits for really really cheap but I'm torn /tg/. I've always liked the appeal of playing Mobile Suit 40k and their lore (it's a nice pallet cleanser compared to my Emperor's Children and Deldar), but after suffering 7th ed vs Tau the last thing I want to do is roll all over everyone I play with because my army is broken.

tl;dr, going into 8th Edition, do Tau look any less ridiculous than they did before? Do you think 8th ed did a decent job balancing them so far?
>>
2000 point list. Going to be fighting Tyranids and CSM most likely, plus some guard, SM, orks, and tau.

Battalion detachment

HQ:
Captain (Relic blade, storm bolter) 97 pts
Librarian in terminator armor (Storm bolter, force stave) 161 pts

Troops:
Tactical squad with gravgun, plasma cannon and combi-flamer, 175 pts
Tactical squad with plasmagun, missile launcher, combi-flamer, 179 pts
Infantry squad with flamer and autocannon, bolter sergeant, 63 pts

Fast attack:
5 assault marines with 2 flamers and a power sword, 87pts
Razorback (TL assault cannon, storm bolter) 102 pts

Elites:
5 sternguard, 95 pts
Razorback(Lascannon, TL plasmagun) 110 pts
Contemptor dreadnought (DCCW, combi-bolter, Multimelta) 167pts
5 cataphractii terminators. sgt with combi-bolter and power sword, 1 with heavy flamer and

power fist, 1 with combi-bolter and power fist, 2 with double lightning claws, 241pts
5 vanguards with jump packs. Sgt with thunder hammer + storm shield, 3 with bolt pistol + power sword, 1 with bolt pistol + chainsword, 134 pts

Predator with TL lascannon and 2 heavy bolters, 172
Leman russ (Battle cannon, lascannon, 2 HBs) 190 pts
Heavy Weapons Squad with 3 mortars, 27pts
>>
>>53625700
>Thread Question: Will you try to list build around command points? How important are they?

Having played a few games of 8th and watching a squad of 30boys steal the charge bonus out from under someone, yes. Command points are very potent. If you only have 3 or 4 and your opponent has 6+, you are at a pretty noticeable disadvantage that you will feel once he auto passes 2 moral save against your heavy shooting when they should have been swept.
>>
>>53625908
Where is the rule though? It says in eac detachment that the detachment has to be all the same faction, but it doesn't say anything about mixing detachment fations.
>>
File: 1314507428543.jpg (121KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1314507428543.jpg
121KB, 600x600px
>>53625700
>Finishing up my guard army
>Planing to have 1 troop choice be a platoon blob
>Second troop choice to be Vets in a Chimera
>Vets are no longer troops
>Can no longer shoot from Chimeras
God damn it. I wanted to be able to focus on tanks finally but noooo, now I need another troop choice again.
>>
>>53625861
So far I have a 500 point list and 1500 point list written up, and my general plans so far were to dedicate first-turn Acts of Faith letting Multi-Melta Retributors blitz upfield and reach choice cover, becoming a 24" radius fuck-you turret to anything that feels like eating 8-16 Melta shots, depending on hoe the Imagifiers are feeling, with a Cannoness near

or feed the Act of Faith to Celestine, who feeds a free one to Seraphim, and be a huge blob of melee-range distraction reaching the enemy front line turn 1

or both, depending on imagifiers.

A prototype 2000 point list I was working on had Heavy Bolter Retributors backed by a naked Cannoness, but it's not that I underestimate the holy bolter - I just feel like if I'm playing Sororitas, it'd be wrong to rely on anything other than PURGING FLAME

Im also not.... super psyched about the Exorcist in 8e, and on the fence about how to properly utilize Ministorum units It feels like there's a lot getting in the way of this army's intended synergy
>>
>>53625888
Yes, by making Cawl the Fabricator General. Problem solved.
>>
>Three Repulsor grav-tanks fell from the sky like stones, decelerating rapidly and coming to a gentle halt a couple of metres above the ground
guys, what if Repulsors can deep strike
>>
>>53625756
Too bad if I have 4 dudes modeled with meltaguns
>>
>>53625944
I'm sorry to hear that, however

Scions are awesome, are troops and Taurox Primes are awesome as well. Just pick up a SC Militarum box and you're good to go.
>>
>>53625893
No shared keyword.
Which is good, taudar cancer and CtA allies was a trash system. There needs to be a limit on allies, no point in even having fluff if I can ally coateaz with my eldar to give me a major advantage.
It was just as bad as shit like thunder cannon stars: unfluffy and illogical.
>>
>>53625808
Farseers still have shenanigans to avoid perils. Perils are very powerful so avoiding them is a big boon. Their powers are similar to the old classics too so they will work in a similar way. They cannot get away with the same move power move business as in 7th but the closest model rule should keep them safe.

Warlocks get to attach to any unit now, not just guardians so I can see them being used all the time.
>>
>>53625943
Under matched play rules.
>>
>>53625930
No one will be mad at you for playing Tau in 8th edition. You're now what Orks and Nids were in 7th edition.
>>
>>53625944
Well, you're in luck actually. Basic guardsmen can't Platoon anymore, so those 50 bodies are now 5 separate troop choices.
>>
File: big guns for you.png (3MB, 924x1624px) Image search: [Google]
big guns for you.png
3MB, 924x1624px
What do you guys think of this mission and how it treats Heavy Support units? I think it's creative that they give unique benefits and draw backs to
units based upon the missions and battlefield role. Also if tournaments use random mission selection then it will have interesting consequences for peoples' tournament lists.

>>53625848
Has the lack of D taken the edge off of the wraith army?
>>
>>53625981
It'll just be imperium and eldar with the superfriends lists.
>>
>>53625823
Are you allowed to have negative points?
>>
Is taking multiple Primaris Rhinos a decent way to combine arty with transports?
>>
>>53626025
I don't believe anything specifically says such, but there's only one detachment that lowers your points and I can't imafine spamming it.
>>
>>53626025
Don't see why not but I don't know why you would.
>>
New to 40k with friends old Blood Angels army + starter kit.

I have two Baal Predators I could field. What are pros and cons of Flamer vs Autocannon configuration? I will probably have a primarily Death Company list and was assuming it would make sense to just go with double autocannon to balance out all of the close combat.

Main concern is going to be anti-vehicle capability. I have 3 Dreads I could use but I have no idea how easy it is to get them close enough to punch tanks.

Suggestions for anti-vehicle for Blood Angels? Just equip Death Company with power weapons?
>>
>>53626019
Not in matched play. Superfriends is dead no matter what, and you can't ally eldar and imperials, they share no keywords AFAIK. And if you try to use the wu tang clan get around your opponent will punch you in the throat and you'll deserve it.
>inb4 elf loving Guilliman memes
>>
>>53625889
Tournaments at least will probably have a limit on the number of detachments you can bring, but matched play only lets you use each stratagem once per-phase.

The only re-roll the core three stratagems currently offer only lets you re-roll one dice so it's rather nice but I'm not sure it will make or break some armies.
>>
>>53626002
>Well, you're in luck actually. Basic guardsmen can't Platoon anymore, so those 50 bodies are now 5 separate troop choices.
They have completely removed the platooning mechanic?

Hu. Well I guess my Commissar isn't much use any more but it is probably good 50 guys are no longer 1 troop choice.
>>
>>53626055
I meant that imperium can mix and match and eldar can mix and match, not both together.
>>
>>53625925
Don't worry about it, friend. You deserve to win with DA BOYZ
>>
>>53626005
>What do you guys think of this mission and how it treats Heavy Support units? I think it's creative that they give unique benefits and draw backs to
> units based upon the missions and battlefield role. Also if tournaments use random mission selection then it will have interesting consequences for peoples' tournament lists.

its almost the same as 6th edition-- cept this edition punishes AM, who are going to give up alot of points as their heavy weapons squads are really squishy...

im a big fan of big guns never tire so im happy
>>
>>53625908
What? You need to read the rules, see anywhere that it says that you can't replace the <Chapter> keyword with Chaos, or replace the <Legion> on Chaos Space Marines with Dark Angels?
No, because you can replace those keywords with almost any keyword you like, you could even have Company Commanders order Khorne Berserkers with Fix Bayonets! to have them attack 4 times in a turn, while a nearby Haemonculus boosts their Toughness to 5!

It's all rule legal too until they FAQ it, but till then you can have the Lost & The Damned or Chaos worshiping Orks and Eldar like in Rogue Trader.
>>
Went to the store and played a game with a friend, 75 power lists so as to not fuck around with exact points values since points at rear is cancer. I brought kharn, a khorne lord, three rhinos filled with berserkers and two lascannon predators. He brought a wolf lord on doggo, a wolf guard on the same, three big units of thunderwolves, and two squads of wolf scouts that i ignored to my detriment

Vehicles really do not die easily, most of the time i weathered a turn of melee and then popped out to charge the wolves. Kharn is meh, i'm pretty sure another regular lord or a daemon prince would do his job better. Berserkers are good in combat-s6 is an excellent strength, wounding on 3+ is great-but they're quite fragile. Predators felt like a waste of points, pinging lascannons off storm shields all game, but i'm reserving judgement on them until i actually face enemy vehicles-i'd rather not have to try and chop up a baneblade/monolith/land raider with chainaxes. I feel footslogging is possible if you really horde it up, but other armies will probably do that better-looking at you, nids and orks.

He ended up winning, but we had both went through a bunch of combat and it was close. His wolf-guards thunderwolves charged kharns unit after they won a grueling combat where his wolf lord took kharn down to two wounds, after which kharn got pasted. Turn four i had my two predators, one nearly-full squad of berserkers plus lord and a rhino that were squatting on an objective, but all the rest of his thunderwolves-both of the surviving big units were damaged but still enough to slaughter me, especially on the charge-were closing in and his scouts had two of three objectives, so we called it so other people could play. Overall a fast game, wouldnt have been much more than a bit over an hour and a half. Typing wolf this much gave me cancer, why cant they have more imaginative naming sense?
>>
>>53626055
>And if you try to use the wu tang clan get around your opponent will punch you in the throat and you'll deserve it.
This is it. This is the future we chose. We collectively, as a fandom, decided to make this sentence sensible.

I'm proud of all of you.
>>
>>53626056
well the reason that I say 13 is that I was building a list earlier for Orks with a battalion and a fliers detachment. 3 base + 9 from battalion + 1 from fliers is 13 CP, and that's only 2 detachments.

The best way to get CP is by taking the superhuge detachments, not by spamming the small ones. So tournaments that have a limit on the number of detachments are not really going to holding back people from generating tons of CP.
>>
>>53626066
Well, you're also also in luck, because a Commisar gives his benefits to any infantry unit within 6" of him, so if you bundle up your squads, they still can use a better leadership score and get shot in the head as normal
>>
Anyone have thoughts on how to give Guardsmen a little more bite in CC? I'm not impressed with options so far.
>>
>>53625954

MM rets will be fragile, especially without ablative bodies, but I'm telling you now that you need to throw the 7th edition mindset in the trash and realize that 4 MM will not reliably kill a rhino. Stationary gives 3 hits, 2 wounds, and 7 damage via math hammer, but having seen it first hand, it holds true. The double tap will obviously help.

A naked canoness is a waste. Give her a combi-weapon or a stormbolter and let her shoot things with her 2+ BS while giving preferred enemy. Exorcists are sketchy; I agree. I've actually been shying away from them for awhile due to reliability issues, which 8th did not help.

If you want to properly burn things, take a 10 girl squad of SoS with flamers and watch your opponent shit themselves from 10d6 shots that they can't even assault. I plan on running a full squad of flamer and great sword SoS alongside my SoB, though we'll see what happens later with Codex keyword stuff.
>>
File: 05698.jpg (319KB, 943x812px) Image search: [Google]
05698.jpg
319KB, 943x812px
>>53625890
The Knight wasn't to scary. His shooting did quite an bit of damage to my Basilisk and Wyvern. But he couldn't survive the guards shooting onslaught and finely fell to the humble lasgun.
>>
>>53626067
Ah. Makes much more sense. But at least that is fluffy to a certian degree.

>>53626056
The rules for matched play already include guidelines for limits on the number of detachments. 3 for 2000 points, which looks like the new standard. Reece and frankie all but confirmed that it's what ITC will be moving to, and I'd imagine most other tournaments will follow suit.
>>
Are Helbrutes the best melee walker? They move 8", don't degrade, hit on 3+ and can get a whooping 8 attacks with the Power Scourge.

Should I take them with my Berzerker horde?
>>
>>53626066
they work as an aura so it's easy enough for one commissar to manage 5 squads.
>>
>>53626098
> Full Battalion AND Flyer Wing

At how many points? That's impressive at 2k or less
>>
>>53626129
I can't wait to see what my Dreadclaw does in 8th, and if it can still carry a HB, I'm going to shit myself in excitement. I don't see why it can't because even in HH, Claws can carry dreads.
>>
>>53626126
My only issue with it is being able to mix inside detachments, so you could use guardsman to help fill out a brigade for space marines for extra CP.
>>
>>53626093
Eh, if it wasn't that it spuld be bullshit like "all my units have the character keyword, so it's battle forged" or some such bullshit, and it would cause such a problem GW would have to FAQ it because people are tards. And 7th edition allies was broken, better this than that mess.
>>
>>53626133
Orks have a lot of cheap units that easily fill up slots. Painboyz are elites, mek gunz are heavy support, gretchin troops, etc.
>>
>>53626149
That's probably why they split it between normal keywords and Faction keywords
>>
>>53626146
Yeah, but that will limit command points, strangers, chapter tactics and so on when we get codexes.
At least I assume, since that's what GW has hinted at.
You will be able to bring it, but it will screw you over in other ways.
>>
>>53626125
>fell to the humble lasgun

Brings a tear to my eye, keep it up Commander, keep those Xenos at bay!
>>
What's the word on vanilla marines? I haven't seen much about them concerning 8th; they keep getting overshadowed by the special chapters/Primaris.

Wanting to start up an Ultramarine force in 8th.
>>
>>53625848
>>53626125
>vostroyanbro
how did your ogryn do?
>>
Played a game with my admech last night against space clowns. Dragoons are hilarious. I absolutely love them. I don't regret the investment in a large group of them at all. The exploding sixes, the consistent +3 s on the lances, the fact that they have six wounds now, all absolutely beautiful. I love my fucking chicken walkers
>>
>>53626168
Here's hoping.
>>
>>53626182
>whats the word on vanilla marines
what do you mean?
they're the same as they've always been, except chapter tactics are dogshit
>>
>>53626182
Manlet marines are still pretty good, way better than the thiccmarines, they had their bullshit toy the grav-cannon nerfed but they're still decent
>>
>>53626161
Yeah, but when has stuff like that ever stopped people from being retarded. See: glued drop pod doors, tau butthurt over auto-removed stormsure, "can my blood angels take ultramarine relics" and all the idiocy of the 7th FAQ.
>>
>>53626197
Honestly mostly concerning Tactical marines. I remember people saying they were actually pretty bad in 7th. I would like to know people's thoughts on the vanilla Captain, Assaults, Devs, and vanilla Dreadnoughts if y'all don't mind talking about 'em.
>>
Are Power Fists still worth taking on MEQs? Hitting on 4+ is a huge nerf even on 3 attack champions.
>>
>>53626189
I'm not sure how I feel about Jezzail Dragoons now though. On one hand they don't do 2 AP2 wounds on each 6 to wound anymore, on the other they do a free mortal wound on a 6, can move and shoot, and are reasonably durable for a sniper unit.

Neutron Onagers are pretty great though.
>>
>>53626197
>except chapter tactics are dogshit
That's because they don't exist yet. I'm sure everyone will chill out when the Space Marine Codex drops and they get restored.
>>
>>53626122
I was skeptical about greatsword SoS due to them not being buffable by a Priest or a Cannoness, but I'll have to consider it

my 1500 point list was something like

Celestine + 2 Geminae Superia
10-woman Seraphim squad with 4 Inferno Pistols, Superior has plasma pistol and power sword
Cannoness with Combi-Plasma
2 MM Ret squads, Superiors have Combi-Plasmas
2 Heavy Flamer ret squads in HF Immolators, Superiors have Combi-Flamers
4 Imagifiers
2 Hospitallers

basic plan was that the Cannoness, Hospitallers, and 2 Imagifiers glue themselves to the MM rets, feeding them acts of faith to let them set up in midfield cover and be a monster of a firebase, witht he cannoness giving the plasmas permanent overcharge permission and the imagifiers giving them the potential to just devour any multiwound model that dares get close, while the Immolators and HF Rets run interference against hordes, and the Seraphim + Celestine pull double duty as distraction carnifex, and sniping vehicles/VIPs that avoid the MM's threat radius

but I havent managed to put this into practice yet cause none of the folks I play with have gotten off their asses and written lists. Only one so far is a Deathwatch player who likes to keep things fluffy and refuses to play anything over 750
>>
>death guard fluff says they use terminator armour a lot
>not part of their army list

HaaH WaaW
>>
>>53626182
They're good. Especially Ultramarines wih Rowboat and Calgar.
>>
>>53626246
We'll see.
>>
>>53626182
What about them? We're still good, maybe even a bit better, since stuff like land raiders, Terminators, rhinos and so on are infinitely better, we no longer rely on grav or battle company to be our sole crutch that kept us viable.

I've played quite a few games of 8th with them now, so I'd be happy to answer any specific crunch questions you have about them
>>
File: photo_2016-10-08_19-22-43.jpg (253KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-10-08_19-22-43.jpg
253KB, 1280x960px
>>53625700

>>53625700

Command points are hella powerful. In the game I played today, command points-

>kept my warlord alive by re-rolling an invuln save
>killed an enemy HQ by re-rolling a hit
>made a critical charge be re-rolling a charge die

I disliked the re-roll mechanic when I read it, but then I tried to think of how agonizing Blood Bowl would be without re-rolls. Sometimes you just really want/need something to happen, and being able to fight against randomness made it feel satisfying, I feel.
>>
>>53626245
Do they have the sort of sniper weapon that can single out Characters?

Also what are AdMechs HQ options? Is it literally just the Dominus and nothing else? Am I going to need to get a second Dominus to take a Battalion?
>>
>>53626144
I sure hope so. It's too fragile to make it across the table... At least Maulerfiends have an invuln.
>>
>>53626034
Seriously is the satelite weapon good enough to justify using the primaris rhino?
>>
>>53626250
Because they're getting a Cult Terminator kit soon reather than normal termies.
>>
>>53626265
Cawl, Dominus, and Enginseer
>>
>>53626265
All snipers can single out characters as far as I'm aware but yes, Jezzail Dragoons can single out characters and are still 2 shot weapons.

The only HQs AdMech has is Cawl and the Dominus. Hopefully they'll give us more in the full codex but for now it's a decent unit at least.
>>
>>53626263
how many re-rolls can you do a turn??
>>
>>53626262
Basically what I posted here>>53626226
Also now that I think of it, how are Rhinos and/or drop pods? I got that one drop pod + tactical set as my only transportation right now and it looks like mixing pods and Rhinos will be more of a thing with deep strike rules.

Also, how are stormtalons? I rather like the model and might end up picking one up.
>>
>>53626129
I think I might need to grab a couple for my wubstep marines, scourge and plasma cannon

Of course, I'm hoping we get the option to take a Blastmaster again once the codex drops
>>
>>53626263
>Sometimes you just really want/need something to happen, and being able to fight against randomness made it feel satisfying, I feel.
Definitely, they've proven super useful in my games. But then again, I'm happy just with fluffy marine lists being viable, neber thought I'd see the day where termies and tacs can win games
>>
>>53626294
Enginseer is an elite now.
>>
>>53626298
Once per phase
>>
>>53626250
>People keep whining about Death Guard
>They're literally getting a full Codex release in a matter of weeks with a bunch of new kits, unique gear and units, Warlord Traits, Legion rules, Stratagems, Relics, and a fucking Primarch.

Holy shit shut the fuck up already and be patient. You're getting your own super-special Terminators+ like Thousand Sons have.
>>
>>53626238
pls respond
>>
>>53626245

Eh, I never played them as jezail platforms, so I really don't care about that. As far as I'm concerned they're meant for glorious melee combat.

In other news infiltrators are great. My infiltrators felt like elite cyborg assasins for the first time since I got them. Popped out behind them in turn two, unloaded twenty five shots and then ran into them with tasser goads with a reroll on the charge from cp. Absolutely erased their target. It was beautiful, and my opponent's reaction when he realized he'd left that key unit hanging out in the back unsupported and I declared that my infiltrators were emerging from the shadows and started placing the models down, absolutely priceless.
>>
File: Faction Keywords.png (1MB, 846x1164px) Image search: [Google]
Faction Keywords.png
1MB, 846x1164px
>>53626161
Except most units get a Faction keyword that they can choose. See anything here stopping, say a Eldar player replacing their "Craftworld" keyword with "Drukhari" so they could use put Dark Reapers into a Raider and do drivebys with them? Besides common sense and reason?
>>
>>53626238
Sure, kinda. Treat the PF as a sort of 'jack of all trades, master of none' thing.

Relic Blades are better in most cases, or power swords if you're skipping on price, and on the flip side Thunder hammers are best at tossing away chunks of vehicle wounds.

Stick it on a sarge or something for a good reliable bit of damage, but I'd take more specifically useful stuff on specifically useful units.
>>
File: tumblr_o0kftv9NiE1stz54go1_1280.png (108KB, 434x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0kftv9NiE1stz54go1_1280.png
108KB, 434x400px
Primarch Guilliman pictured bringing a wounded Yvraine to the Medicae during the Battle of Hera, Maccrage, M41
>>
>>53626324
Wait they're getting a full codex? Wtf not even Thousand Sons got that much.
>>
>>53626331
WHERE ARE THE DAMN GUILLIMANxYVRAINE LEWDS ALREADY?!
>>
File: spawn.png (703KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
spawn.png
703KB, 2560x1440px
Why are spawn so good in this edition?

>d6 S5 AP-2 D2 attacks
>all mutations are incredible
>debuff leadership
>>
File: 05692.jpg (229KB, 1054x770px) Image search: [Google]
05692.jpg
229KB, 1054x770px
>>53626005
>Has the lack of D taken the edge off of the wraith army?
I'd say so. They still put out the hurt, just less so now.
>>53626169
FRFSRF is even better now especially with orders auto-passing.
>>
>>53626329
Whatever you replace <Craftworld> with is a <Craftworld> Keyword.

Wu Tang Clan doesn't work. Stop being stupid. The fact that GW is even going to need to FAQ this is sad, but they certainly will now that people are being dumb about it, in only days after release, so don't bother pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>53626342
Look up PossiblyHereticalUltramarine on tumblr.
>>
>>53626326
Power weapons are so much cheaper that I think they're the default instead. Might depend on your opponents though.
>>
>>53626336
Thousand Sons got Wrath of Magnus which was effectively their Codex, but theirs was a little bit phoned in because they were coming at the tail end of 7th and GW was already focusing more on 8th.

Death Guard are the posterboy antagonists for 8th, they're in the starter set, their Codex is coming along with Mortarion and all their other new models we haven't seen (the starter kit is just the basics, it's not everything).
>>
>>53626188
Didn't get a chance to use them today. Next time for sure.
>>
>>53626275
>T7 8W 3+ no degrading stats
>Fragile

It's like you haven't played 8th yet and severely underestimate how durable that actually is.
>>
>>53626329
Those <______> keywords that you get to create are not "faction" keywords, and thus do not qualify as the matching keywords for the purpose of detachments, just like I could not make a detachment of fliers from necrons, eldar and space marines just because they all have the fly and vehicle keywords.
>>
>>53626129
Helbrutes are definitely nice now. If only they made them Daemonic they'd be stellar.
>>
>>53626364
Not him, but i remember seeing an excel spreadsheet of the different power weapons on MEQs, can anyone post it?
>>
>>53626353
I actually feel like they aren't as key as last edition. They don't move as fast, so they're less useful as a bodyguard for an HQ on a bike, and toughness 5 with multiple wounds isn't as key of a point for durability to make them great meatshields

Granted, now they seem scarier on their own, but they feel less key
>>
File: IMG_0043.jpg (101KB, 670x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.jpg
101KB, 670x960px
>>53626336
Pretty close. And why "not even"? Theyre both Cult legions.
>>
File: KINEMATICS MOTHERFUCKER.gif (879KB, 464x320px) Image search: [Google]
KINEMATICS MOTHERFUCKER.gif
879KB, 464x320px
>>53626356
Can we just bask in the fact that this exploit is called 'The Wu Tang Clan Trick' for a second?
>>
File: tumblr_oq9hpw2B9O1sujrapo1_1280.jpg (147KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oq9hpw2B9O1sujrapo1_1280.jpg
147KB, 1080x1350px
>>53626363
> PossiblyHeretical
> Doing lewds
Pick one. If you want lewds, you'll want SisterOfSilence
>>
>>53626300
>Honestly mostly concerning Tactical marines. I remember people saying they were actually pretty bad in 7th. I would like to know people's thoughts on the vanilla Captain, Assaults, Devs, and vanilla Dreadnoughts if y'all don't mind talking about 'em.
they sucked in 7th, have proven great for me in 8th. The changes to rhinos and AP makes tacs a whole lot more viable, turn one assault deep strike and melee changes make ass marines quite good, dreadnoughts are durable and definitely a worth while choice this edition, devs are good, I've had fun arming them with plasma.
Honestly, marines, from my experience, are basically entirely made of decent to great units now. From my playing, no unit has proven to be just a waste of space, and fluffy lists (as in tacs with a serg with plasma pistol, chain sword, flamers and heavy bolters type lists) have won me most every game I played.
As far as my experience goes, you can't really go wrong with marines this edition. Maybe time will prove me wrong, but that's what I've learned from the 10 or so games of 8th I've played
>Also now that I think of it, how are Rhinos and/or drop pods? I got that one drop pod + tactical set as my only transportation right now and it looks like mixing pods and Rhinos will be more of a thing with deep strike rules.
Rhinos are very good, durable, relatively cheap and fast. They get marines where they need to go, stay alive and are worth the points. Drop pods are not the auto take they were before, to expensive for that (which as a blood ravens player makes me sad, no more steel rain) but they're useful for transporting certian units with no other options for deep strike to get in enemy lines.
Both pale in comparison to the land raider though, it's an utter monster.
>Also, how are stormtalons? I rather like the model and might end up picking one up.
Don't know, I don't own one.
>>
>>53626404
I've been doing that since it was first brought up, even though the rule argument itself is retarded, I still laugh every fucking time.
>>
>>53625810
Wut if da ov'er boyz gotz more choppy?

Dis git finks 'es a brain boy
>>
File: 40kFFTauSnipers.jpg (109KB, 1200x552px) Image search: [Google]
40kFFTauSnipers.jpg
109KB, 1200x552px
>>53626372
>are not "faction" keywords, and thus do not qualify as the matching keywords for the purpose of detachments
I'm sorry that you have yet to see any unit in 8th, here's a Tau Drone where the <Sept> is listed as a Faction keyword.
But like >>53626356 says, I'm just missing around because we know people will act like this, and GW will have to FAQ it.
>>
Tzaangors: pistol or -1ap?

Choice is having 2 attacks at S4 with -1 and WS3 or having an extra S3 12" shot at BS4

Kinda leaning away from pistols to be honest. Tzaangors are pretty fast and lose shooting when advancing so it would only really be for overwatch/melee
>>
>>53626364
I mean Berzerkers are S6 with their chainaxes so they'd be wounding most vehicles on a 5+ anyway. The only real bonus would be D3 damage which isn't much when you're only hitting half the time and wounding on 3s.

I'd rather take the 4-point power sword and keep the chainsword... 1 more normal berzerker attack and 3 Ap -3.
>>
File: black science man.jpg (192KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
black science man.jpg
192KB, 800x800px
>>53626404
>>
>>53626415
>356 points
I mean, sure, it'll never die unless someone unleashes a shadowsword onto it, but is it worth it over two quad-las predators?
>>
>>53626307
Blastmaster is absolutely in 8th, have you not seen the leaks?
>>
>>53626043
666 conscripts. Nothing but auxiliaries, so you can take nothing but conscripts.
>>
>>53625963
How is he not already? What crazy shit did the othe Fab General do to earn his position?
>>
>>53626440
On a brute?
>>
>>53626440
There's a huge difference between it being in the book and being reasonable to take....
>>
>>53626367
But wrath of magnus was a 7ed campaign book, while Death Guard are getting an actual codex on 8th. It's weird that they're getting one before Chaos Space Marines do, maybe indicates each cult legion is getting it's own supplement?
>>
>>53626430
Pistols feel way less important for CC units now that you aren't relying on them for extra attacks. The extra AP sounds way more valuable than an autopistol shot
>>
>>53626447
3 Detachment limit at 2k points and under.
>>
>>53626415
Thanks for all the input man!

I honestly never even considered Termies and Land Raiders; I was so caught up in units that I was thinking of using in 7th that I forgot to really consider them.

So Land Raiders are beasts you say and Termies are better?
>>
File: I'm retarded.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
I'm retarded.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>53626429
>it is a faction keyword
>>
>>53626265
Since they moved the Enginseer to Elites for some reason, yeah, just the 150ish point Dominus. He's not bad at all, especially with the Eradication Ray to fire D3 BS10 meltagun shots at something, but still seems a tad petty the way they've slapped minor nerfs everywhere because they CBA to port wargear and rules properly.

As for sniping, we're probably second best at it after Guard, with Arquebi that are essentially 60" D3D Plasma with slightly less AP but a chance for mortal wounds. A squad of 5 Rangers with two of those and an Omnispex is 207 points, so I'm probably running two. Add in a Vindicare and suffer not the Warlords to live.
>>
Checking, I can take a Tau Firesight Marksman and put him on a Drone Port, where he can activate the gun drones to grant them sweet BS 3+, while he also can see a unit of sniper drones to give THEM boosted BS?
>>
>>53626459
>>53626465
errr no, sorry, not on a helbrute, just on noise marines. That would be awesome as fuck though.
>>
>>53626371
3 lascanon hits are all it takes to ruin it's day. As a full melee walker, yes it's rather fragile.
>>
>>53626436
From my experience, yeah. Granted, I've been taking the cheaper crusader pattern, but it combines an ungodly durable platform with lots of transport space and a lot of dakka.
Now the terminus I'm not so sure about, but the other patterns have served me well thus far.
Though outside of black templars I don't expect to see more than one on most tables, which is fine, it's a rare, expensive unit that's a centerpiece model.
>>
File: SPESSELFS2.0.png (107KB, 967x648px) Image search: [Google]
SPESSELFS2.0.png
107KB, 967x648px
>tfw you slide the Aeldari dick right in
>>
>>53626440
I meant as an option to take on a Helbrute, like the Noise Dreadnoughts of old
>>
>>53626467
>maybe indicates each cult legion is getting it's own supplement?
I thought this was painfully obvious to everyone the moment they all but revealed that the Cult Daemon Primarchs are all coming back.

Maybe I'm wrong about Death Guard having their own Codex all to themselves but seriously what is the difference between that and a Campaign book which has all the same shit as a Codex but just some other stuff along with it? What is the difference between Wrath of Magnus and a Thousand Sons Codex? Nothing, it's just semantics.
>>
>>53626452
Politics, a game Cawl doesn't play. He thinks having one friend in a high place will get him the spot, where the Fabricator-General is chosen because he can play the politics game with the rest of the High Lords on behalf of the AdMech as a whole.
>>
>>53626465
It seems good to me, and I say that as an EC player. It went down a couple points, it's Heavy d3, so you'll usually get more shots compared to the small blast it was before. Since it's also normal shooting, that'll make it relatively more accurate even when on the move. It still has okay AP, and combined with ignoring cover it'll still do a good job at taking out 3+ saves trying to hunker down in cover, since they go from a 2+ to a 5+

Won't be quite as good at pulping marines in the open though.
>>
>>53626468
Pistols are amazing now, remember that they allow you to shoot while you are within 1" of enemies and to target enemies that are within 1" of friendlies. This means that you can shoot them, charge, fight, then next turn shoot them again, then fight again.

They still give you your extra attack, only now it's an attack during the shooting phase that uses the stats of a fuckin' plasma pistol
>>
>>53626498
Its not even that he didnt play the game he just makes everyone fucking hate him on sight. Dudes got the arrogance of Big E with a weeabo-tier obsession with xenotech.
>>
>>53626507
It takes 3 Fight phases for them to kick in during combat which almost never happens unless you're consolidating through unit to unit
>>
>>53625836

Seconded. Well, I like the fluff, but I never really liked the miniatures. They are just oddly proportioned enough that I can't stand it. These ones I can really get behind.
>>
>>53626393
Not a codex retard.
>>
>>53626473
>So Land Raiders are beasts you say and Termies are better?
Yes. Land raiders are extremely durable (mine has been killed in exactly one of the 7 games it's been fielded in thus far, and only because the opponents all knight army spent 5 turns shooting at it), it's got transport space and loads of dakka. And termies are so much better it's insane. The changes to melee and AP have made them a unit that has proven there worth in every game I've used them.
Granted, a land raider with termies is a centerpiece model and is best used after having gotten some experience, I wouldn't recommend it for starting out any more than I would a riptide for tau, a knight for ad mech or a wraithknight for eldar.
>>
>>53626500
Seems pretty legit to me, too. I'm thinking running fire support squads with a Blastmaster, a couple of wubguns and bolters, and a power weapon.
>>
>>53625832

A good deal of them are preorders. People are preordering the boxed set and sell the components piecemeal to the buyers when it finally ships.
>>
>>53626521
If you're the one getting charged it at least lets you fire next turn before fighting. Also it lets you shoot even if an enemy unit consolidates into you and keeps you from firing.
>>
Raiders of Commoragh has flesh on deldar getting washed with reikland fleshshade.
Will it look super shitty or wrong if I go with nuln?
Also, it has them getting washed between base and palid wych flesh going down, does that sound right?
>>
>>53626507
You're severely overestimating the value of that.

Yes, you can shoot them and charge, but you could always do that. Further, since the enemy selects which units to remove, they can remove the guys closest to cut down your charge range.

Secondly, if you're charging a dedicated melee unit into CC, then you're assuming that A) you and your target both survive the first round of combat B) the enemy doesn't fall back during your turn C) you and the enemy survive the second round of combat on their turn, and D) that when your turn finally rolls around again, that the number of pistol shots from your remaining guys will actually matter against the remaining enemies, and you wouldn't have just killed them in the ensuing fight anyway

Sure, it's a helpful bonus, but would you honestly take an Autopistol over -1 AP on your stronger close combat attacks?
>>
>>53626495
>What is the difference between Wrath of Magnus and a Thousand Sons Codex?
Fluff, and a shit-ton of options. They don't have heavy support or fast attack to speak of, while Death Guard are getting their own.

I sincerely hope they aren't the only ones to get a full Codex, because not even Thousand Sons got that much.
>>
>>53626538
Yeah. I ended up finishing a squad of extra guys recently so that I had enough for either the champ + 7 sonic blasters + 2 blastmasters, or running the sonic blasters separate and putting cheap chainsword guys in their place.

Now I'm kind of torn whether to run them separate or not though, since Split Fire is so easy
>>
>>53626564
The point is that you can tie a guy up to take his shooting attacks away and then you get to shoot him and he doesn't get to shoot back with his good guns.
>>
>>53626480

Wrong. You need to WOUND with 3 Lascannons because it will statistically live through 4 BS3+ Lascannons shooting at it:

>4 LC devs/havoks/pred shoot Brute
>3 hit
>2 wound
>7 damage

The best part is that Brutes still have a 6+ save against Lascannons, so the math is technically mess than 7 damage. Like, I've played two games today. Having to wound vehicles makes them a lot more sturdy than you think because that Lascannon is only wounding shit like Hellbrutes and Rhinos on a 3+
>>
>>53625963
Fuck off TCI
>>
>>53625832
>>53626542

There's one ebay seller in Aus that has 5 or 6 listings of each side for $110 (Half the price of box), as well as a few of them split into individual units.
I didn't check to see if they've also got the rule books up, but they'd be making bank if they do.
>>
>>53626584
Except that still relies on all of those assumptions I just listed.

And INSTEAD of taking this pistol and getting the chance to shoot these guys once with a shitty gun, you can take a better melee weapon and just kill them faster, so that instead of being stuck, they're DEAD.
>>
File: IMG_0044.jpg (461KB, 1500x1307px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0044.jpg
461KB, 1500x1307px
>>53626562
Dark Eldar skintone varies with pinkish, bluish, grayish and purplish hues. And with the common pale skin as well as darker tones. Nuln will give you a gray skintone, but if you like that its fine.
>>
>>53626593
M8 it takes 3 to 4 turns to get a Helbrute accross most tables. Two rounds of shooting are more than enough even if one were as optimistic as you are being.
>>
So guard pretty much bottom tier now?
>>
>>53626610
lol fine don't listen to me and get rekt by plasma pistols that you thought wouldn't matter
>>
>>53626629
What makes you think that?
>>
>>53626480
The chances of it dying to just 3 lascannons are absurdly low. It will take 5 to kill it from a mathhammer point of view.

The other anon is right, if you haven't played 8th it's best not to comment on it. It's so different from 7th they might as well be different games. Hellbrutes are not a fragile unit in 8th.
>>
>>53626630
He didn't say they didn't matter, it's just not some huge bonus either.
>>
>>53626580
Chaos is going through its usual 4-god-cycle. Khorne got a bunch of shit, then tzeentch stuff dropped, now we're getting Mortarion, this new blight drone, and probably a new typhus model, as well as some legion-specific terminators. Next up will be slaanesh, most likely with fulgrim and lucius, new noise marines, a legion specific terminator, and some slaaneshi cultists. Then we'll get angron, red butchers, new berserker models, and some more of those god-awful sigmar khorne cultists.
>>
>>53626610
I'd say the real benefit of pistols is being able to shoot at units that are in combat, particularly ones that you can't disengage your unit from for whatever reason. That way they don't get to use being in combat with you as cover from shooting attacks.
>>
>>53626629

If by bottom tier you mean tier 1 yes.
>>
>>53626629
Why? Scions are good. Tauroxs are good. Valks are good. Command Squad elites can be kitted to fuck over people. Commissar aura is good. Orders are good.

Sure mech vets are fucked, same with platoon blobbers, but they're fine.
>>
>>53626629
No. Craftworld Eldar and Daemons are. Guard are good and have a number of power units (conscripts, scions, taurox prime, manticore, basilisk, for example). Plus they actually have good melee options for once with rough riders and power maul bullgryn.
>>
>>53626622
>M8 it takes 3 to 4 turns to get a Helbrute accross most tables.
That's wrong though. Ignoring that stuff like termies and raptors with turn one charges will tie up many threats to the hellbrute, 8“ movement plus 3.5“ advance plus warptime can get a hellbrute a turn one or two charge witn ease.

Not that anon, but it's clear you haven't played 8th so you really aren't in a good position to comment on it.
>>
I just wanna say I love how much the perceptions of the new tier lists have changed in just the past 3 days since the leaks exploded.

I mean we had people claiming Tau were a dead unplayable Faction, Guard were garbage, Craftworld Eldar were still on top, Ork players thought they were still terrible, Necrons thought they were terrible... and all of that has basically flipped since then. People have gone from saying Tyranids were the best army to mediocre to top tier but under Orks.

Dare I say that... this edition might actually be, close to balanced for every faction?
>>
>>53626622
Yeah, but the one time it charges in with 8 attacks, takes a wound in return, then makes another 8 attacks will make all the suffering worthwhile.
>>
>>53626468
Hmm doesn't math-hammer say that the ap-1 does better wounds against MEQs than pistols
>>
>>53626668
It seems a lot closer than it was at least.
>>
>>53626640
>now we're getting Mortarion, this new blight drone, and probably a new typhus model, as well as some legion-specific terminators
There's even more than that coming. Not a TON more or anything, but that's not the complete list.
>>
>>53626622
>i can only think in a vacuum

It has its own guns, too, and there's a whole battle going on around it. There could be a rhino charging your LC squad of something more dangerous to be shooting those LCs at. It's not like it's a squad of dudes shooting at a Hellbrute as it meanders across and open field. If it takes two rounds of shooting to drop my Brute, good. That's two rounds of shooting not aimed at my terminators that just dropped in behind you or my assault squad warp timing across the table behind that rhino.
>>
>>53626629
Hell no.

>lasguns are deadlier than ever
>most of the codex is cheaper, even vehicles
>baneblades are a fucking terror now, especially shadowsword with 4 flamer sponsons
>Ogryns are viable, Bullgryns are better than terminators
>ultra-cheap HWT's allows for insane heavy weapon spam
>orders are automatic

Am I missing anything?
>>
>>53626515
He spent literal millennia hiding in his basement and ignoring everything, to the point he barely noticed the Imperium almost being toppled during the War of the Beast and Beheading.
>>
>>53626668
Having played it, it's close to that. In the hands of a decent or good player any army will dominate now, the absurd difference between the bottom and top tier in 7th is definitely gone in 8th
>>
Should I play Blood Angels or Space Wolves.
>>
>>53626668
Don't forget GK placing themselves all over the place
Tier listings have been all over the place, very entertaining
>>
>>53626687
vehicles aren't cheaper they are more expensive learn the fucking rules you idiot
>>
>>53626630
Firstly, the original point was Tzaangors, who exchange shitty autopistols for -1 AP.

Secondly, let's run through this:

You shoot my shooting unit with your plasma pistol guys. Some of them die, because it's plasma, but any unit with a couple plasmaguns could have done the same, and that damage also expands the distance you have to charge. Plus, it'd probably be made up for if you had put those points toward a melee weapon.

Then, we fight. If you have a dedicated combat unit, and this is a relatively frail shooting squad, my guys die. Your pistols didn't matter much more than a power axe would have, and a plasmagun could have accomplished the same thing.

Lets assume my guys are a bit tougher though, so they survive and its my turn. It's a shooting squad, so I have them fall back. Your pistols still don't matter any more than a power axe, because they don't stop me from walking away.

But let's assume I stay, this dedicated shooting unit actually has a chance of killing your guys and not getting killed in return (probably because instead of a power axe you have a pistol). So we fight once more, and either my guys weren't that good and die (and the pistol didn't matter again) or they live.

And now it's your turn again, and the moment you've waited for has arrived. You fire your plasma pistols once more, and get 1 shot for every guy that's still alive against this shooting unit that's somewhat competent in melee for how long they stayed. This either kills them and lets you charge something else, or it doesn't, and you still have to fight anyway.

I will take 3 rounds of power axe over 2 rounds of plasma pistol, thank you.
>>
>>53626668

The power gap is certainly much, much smaller.

A good player with a 'bottom tier' army will beat a shitty player with a 'top tier' army now, instead of a top tier army winning outright because it simply cannot be beaten.
>>
>>53626693

I concur. Having played it, everything feels balanced, though some things will look worse/better than others, but you just need to try it out and see how it plays in the not picture.
>>
>>53625944

Just take sions
>>
>>53626665

>eldar
>bottom

all my what
>>
>>53626580
Thousand Sons in WoM was basically the beta test for a Cult Legion Codex. It was a minidex accompanying the first Primarch release and was done at the tail end of 7th.

Death Guard will be the first sort of matured Cult Legion Codex, kicking off 8th, with more options and depth than the Thousand Sons one had. Then Emperor's Children will get one with Fulgrim. Then World Eaters will get one with Angron. Then they'll probably go back to updating Thousand Sons again to add some more stuff and complete the cycle, and they'll be one of the best, like how Dark Angels suffered from the start of 6th til they got a Decurion-style Codex release in 7.5
>>
>>53626710
Nah you're wrong stop being such a dummy
>>
>>53626583
I was tossing up running a big wubsquad over a couple of smaller ones - still trying to figure if blobs or MSU is the way to go for fire support
>>
>>53626719

Pure Craftworld is the worst of the Eldar armies.
>>
>>53626695
Do you prefer Vampires or Werewolves?
>>
>>53626725
Nah you're wrong stop being such a dummy
>>
>>53626710
>fall back
>can't shoot or charge but can get shot and charged
bold plan cotton let's see if it works out for you
>>
I think lemans are fucked now, punisher is ok, demolisher maybe, plasma irredeemable shit.
Im just waiting for that sweet annihilator leman russ.
>>
>>53626719
It's probably untrue.

The shock of going from "literally so OP it has it's own tier magnitudes better than the next closest tier down which is still fucking OP" to "about as balanced as everyone else" is going to be a huge shock to the systems of CWE players and their opinions on the balance shouldn't be trusted.
>>
>>53626687
>4 flamer sponsons
Any reason you'd rather pay 64 more points than the heavy bolters, especially on a tank thats best kept far away from enemy units? Just to keep away anything that does get close? I'm considering running one with blobguard so as to keep my tank bubblewrapped and have a way to murder stuff like land raiders and Knights.
>>
>>53626695
Both are melee focused marines. BA focus on using layered aura buffs to boost their normal marines and death company to super killy levels. Space Wolves instead use more independent super units like Wulfen and Thunderwolf Cav to tear people a new one. Both are valid. I'd go with the force you think looks better.
>>
>>53626754
Plasma bad?
Do you even take Commanders?
>>
>>53626715
>>53626714
>>53626702
>>53626693
>>53626680
>>53626668
I think the biggest difference though is that unlike previous editions, 8th isn't boring if you're losing. You always feel like you have a chance, and there's no more of the "I shoot this gun and your elite unit is just removed" bullshit. It definitely rewards how you play much more and most every unit feels like how the fluff I love describes it. The game is about the game, not what list I bring.
The game, in my opinion, feels funner even when losing and that goes a long way to making it better. When I enjoy it no matter what happens, then it's doing it's job.

Does anyone else who's played it agree, or am I the odd man out on this?
>>
>>53626748
And yet, that's completely independent from the assaulting unit having a pistol, isn't it? I'd still have a shooting unit fall back from terminators with stormshields and thunder hammers.
>>
>>53626731

Eh, that's not saying much. They're still strong. Dark Reapers are scary, Hawks are an annoying source of mortal wounds., Fire Dragons are fire dragons, wave serpents are even more durable and are relatively the same cost as they were in 7th, Seers/Warlocks are great, Wraith units are strong, scorpions and banshees are good. I don't see eldar having problems.
>>
>>53626668
The different armies seem more in line with each other but it'll probably be a bit before we can tell how many different viable builds each faction has and if there are any units that are just outright not worth using that need tweaking.
>>
>>53626775

They are still strong, but they might as well be bottom tier simply because the direct upgrade version of themselves in the Ynnari, at least as far as WAAC fags are concerned.
>>
>>53626769
I haven't played it yet, but as a game designer, I get the impression just from reading the rules that what you're saying is spot on. GW had a very clear design goal of restoring a lot of player agency, and being able to feel like you're in control of your army even when you're losing removes a lot of frustration.
>>
someone do the math pls, what lands more successful wounds against an MEQ?

20 WS3, S4, AP -1 attacks

Or

20 WS3, S4 attacks + 10 BS4, S3 attacks?
>>
>>53626766
>6 mortal wounds
>>
>>53626719
They have some good stuff like nice psykers, buy battle focus is a fairly mediocre army wide rule and they have a fairly high proportion of stinker units compared to other armies. Most Asuryani armies can be improved by going Ynnari and using soulburst.
>>
>>53626769

This. Exactly this. I nuked a 30 squad of. It's down to 12 models with shooting, charged with my CC Marines, and watched in awe as they proceeded to retaliate. I want mad or upset. My jimmies were unrustled. I laughed. We all laughed. It was absurd, and that's when I realized how much fun this edition would be.
>>
>>53626790
Is that WS3 as in 4+ or WS 3+?
>>
>>53626801
Why would you overcharge if you didn't have the reroll order ready? Hd6 s7 ap3 is still good.
>>
>>53626804
As in hits on a 3+
>>
>>53626773
So you'd like to fall back. And then do nothing, which allows the terminators to move forward and then attack you again?

Man you're a genius wish I would have thought of that
>>
>>53626790
First does about 3.3 wounds after saves

Second does 2.2 plus .5 for 2.7 total

I'm assuming you mean WS 3+ and BS 4+, by the way
>>
>>53626824
I mean, yeah. If I have a squad with nothing but guns that has no hope of hurting the terminators, I'm going to have them back up so I can potentially shoot you with something else. I'm not going to have them continue to stand there so you can kill them before your next turn and charge something else.

I still don't see how a pistol would factor into this equation.
>>
So the novel Dark Imperium gives some little insight into the 2 lost legions.

Cawl says that the gene-seed for the 2 lost legions still exists, and wants to use them to create new primaris marines. Guilliman spergs and says ABSOLUTELY NOT. Cawl says the warriors from these 2 legions were fine, the problem were their primarchs who "fell".
>>
What are some weapons that used to devastate hordes now actually really suck against them with the no spill over rule?
>>
>>53626786
That definitely feels like how it plays. I think plasma is the best example, it used to be "take me and risk dying" while now it's "take me and don't worry, or turn up the heat if you need to, but with a risk."

>>53626816
The former will kill more marines. 3.333... To 2.777... Wounds respectively.
>>
>>53626842
Except we already got a hint that one of the lost legions was purged for having mutations at least as bad and even more obvious than the likes of the Blood Angels.
>>
>>53626825
Yes that's what I meant.

So in the end giving Tzaangors pistols and chainswords seems pretty bad as they get +1 to their advance which means you go without pistol shots till combat.

Only advantage is overwatch but it's a lasgun equivalent gun with no rapid fire so it would be hot garbage there I guess
>>
>>53626786

Infinityfag here (who alsos the 40k), but by no means a game designer so this is probably meaningless ranting, but it seems like sheer lethality seems to be a great balancing factor. Even tough units in Infinity can be killed from lucky shots with a basic weapon, and even some of the most evenly costed, versatile units need just a wound or two to remove from play.

40k seems to be playing with this, but with a bit more durability in mind. Massed weak fire can still break even a hard target, and that kind of threat keeps them down because any unit that's borderline broken can still be killed by massed grunts with flashlights, when before a lot of those units were straight immune to that kind of firepower, or had such high resistance that it was highly unlikely to kill them.
>>
What is the Wu-Tang Clan trick you guys were talking about earlier?
>>
If the opponent is 7'' away, do I have to roll charge on 7 or just 6 because " 1" free " ?
>>
What's the appeal of Warhammer as a game? Is it just because it's already popular so it's easy to find opponents? I've been pretty unimpressed by the system in comparison to a lot of other tabletop wargames. There doesn't seem to be much room for skill after you reach a very low cap. Winning is almost entirely about list building and the luck of the dice.
>>
>It's an arguing about Tervigon spawns and Wu Tang Clan episode
>>
>>53626708
I did. In order:

>Basilisk is 108, down from 125
>Deathstrike is 163, down from 165
>Hellhound is 101, down from 125
>Bane Wolf is 106, down from 135
>Devil Dog is 108, down from 130
>Manticore is 133, down from 170
>Baneblade is 499, down from 525
>Baneswird is 404, down from 430
>Hellhammer is 519, down from 540
>Shadowsword is 444, down from 455
>Stormlord is 444, down from 480
>Stormsword is 404, down from 485

Velkyries, Leman Russes, Wyverns, the Banehammer, The Doomhammer, and Hydras have gone up, and Sentinels are about the same, including their weapons.

And fuck you for making me look every single one of those up.

>>53626760
Steel Behemoth lets a Baneblade variant fire its big guns out of a melee and its heavy flamers/twin heavy bolters like pistols. 4 of them together along with the hull twin heavy bolter puts out an average of 31 hits per turn (this ALSO goes off in overwatch), which will devour an entire squad of space marines along with the tank's own attacks. Will also devour 20 gaunts.

In addition the baneblade can fall back and shoot/charge normally from the same rule, thus can retreat two inches and force the enemy to charge and get hit by 31 hits of flamers on his own turn as well as yours. It's incredibly powerful.
>>
>>53626886
Wait, what is there to argue about spawns?
>>
Do you think Primaris Marines will make our existing marine armies obsolete?
>>
File: 1496628898781.jpg (103KB, 728x810px) Image search: [Google]
1496628898781.jpg
103KB, 728x810px
>with 8E, same old people want me to paint their Primaris purchases
>choosing my best level of detailing while attempting to talk me down from clearly stated prices to almost three colors and a minwax tier monies

This ain't a nonprofit, Corrin
>>
>>53626842

I'm actually kind of hoping they don't delve into that. But if they do, I sincerely hope it results in a progeny that just raises many more questions than it answers, and ends up dying before we can get any of those answers.

Nothing that can be written now could ever live up to the black hole our imaginations fill into that void labelled "Legions II & XI" unless we get a supremely talented writer on our hands to fill in those particular blanks. Until then, I hope that the questions that surround those Legions remain more baffling than any answer which can be dredged from the depths of this blank spot in lore.
>>
>>53626882
The model has to get within 1 of it

So if the model is 7 away, then yes you only need to roll 6
>>
>>53626865
It doesn't work, but I'll explain the thinking.

Most units have something like <Sept>, <Clan>, etc...

You make a Wu-Tang sept and a Wu-Tank Clan

Since, as written, your sept/clan name replaces the <......> entry, you now have a Wu-Tang keyword.

You can now theoretically cross-faction ally.
>>
>>53626883
for some people it's the aesthetic and the fact that other games just don't have the sort of scale and playstyle I was looking for, though granted if Halo Ground command had been out when I started 40k I might not have played 40k, though part of the appeal was friends who play it.
>>
>>53626842
>Cawl says that the gene-seed for the 2 lost legions still exists, and wants to use them to create new primaris marines. Guilliman spergs and says ABSOLUTELY NOT. Cawl says the warriors from these 2 legions were fine, the problem were their primarchs who "fell".
Oh god, GW is going to actually do it aren't they, the absolute madmen. They're going to destroy the mystery of the lost legions and make them relevant to the plot.
>>
>>53626883
>Is it just because it's already popular so it's easy to find opponents?
Yeah, pretty much that and people are invested in the universe.
>>
>>53626894
and of all those units that went up, valkyries got the biggest buff with the same stats as a riptide while 1/2/-1/3 of the price
>>
>>53626857
>past books
>canon

GW could easily explaint his contradiction away though:

>Gene-seed is fine
>Primarch falls to chaos or starts tinkering with his own genetics
>Creates a chaos spawn/corrupted gen of marines
>purged
>Pre-discovery pure gene-seed samples are discovered by cawl
>>
>>53626477
sure,

or you could have marker drones on the drone port and a cadre fireblade to give those 4 marker drones bs2+ and then have some infantry there with him. that way anything near that drone port essentially also get volley fire.
>>
>>53626883
What you're describing is totally accurate... to the last edition of Warhammer, which is currently being lowered into its grave.

8th has changed everything. We're on the cusp of a brand new era with the game being revitalized in a way we haven't seen in almost 20 years.
>>
>>53626927
We got much bigger hints to the 2 lost legions in HH books 10 years ago. This really isn't that big a deal compared to Horus shattering one of the lost primarchs pods as it gets sucked into the warp or leman russ saying he had to exterminate them
>>
>>53626910
>Nothing that can be written now could ever live up to the black hole our imaginations fill into that void labelled "Legions II & XI
They have long since filled it, they honestly might as well give us some retarded information like one fucked Xenos and the other was a Mutant. Its been narrowed down so much at this point anyway

We already knew they didn't consort with Chaos due to the fact the Emperor had Russ kill one or both of them and their marines were taken into the Ultramarines after they were killed.
>>
File: 1355460466246.png (25KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
1355460466246.png
25KB, 550x367px
>>53626894
>heavy flamers
Sorry, TWIN heavy flamers. let me explain.

They deal 2d6 automatic hits per. 4 of 'em averages 28 hits, and the twin heavy bolter averages 3, making 31. Going for the 5 twin heavy bolters only nets you 15 hits on average, but you do get more range out of it.

But only with the flamers do you get about 29 hits on overwatch, not including the lascannons and main guns.

>>53626931
Correct! Though the Wyvern got nerfed.
>>
>>53626938
Ooh, totally missed the Fireblade has BS2+! Even better! The setup you propose sounds pretty ideal, would be great for siege games.
>>
>>53626897
Some people trying to argue that the second mode of Tervigon spawning still costs reinforcement points. It doesn't, they already got BTFO in the last thread.
>>
>>53626882
If your models are 7'' away you only have to roll 6. However, them beeing exactly 7'' away is very unlikely.
>>
>>53626942
While true, it's still not comparable to some other wargames in terms of depth.
>>
Daemons don't seem to have point costs listed for their weapons, and in their datasheets, they use "attacks with" instead of "is equipped with". Do daemons not need to pay for their weapons?
>>
>>53626952
that way the marker drones are also safe from being sniped. its a pretty choice command platform
>>
>>53626949
>tfw the primarchs of the II and XI legions are alpharius and omegon and the primarch of the XX was killed by russ, just as planned.
>>
>>53626932
I'm pretty sure it was a blurb from the Horus Heresy books. Y'know, the currently ongoing mass of retcons?

The exact thing was Sangunius trying to hide the Red Thirst and find a cure without the Emperor's help, because apparently one of the other lost legions was purged for a defect like that.

That makes me think he wouldn't worry if it was some primarch who tried messing with geneseed and fucked up, since he wasn't the one who caused it
>>
File: IMG_4116.png (753KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4116.png
753KB, 1136x640px
>>53626966
Correct. Only Daemon Princes.

And the DP weapon costs are weird.

WHY ARE THE CLAWS SO CHEAP!?
>>
>>53626861
I think it's more appropriate once you get to extremely armor themed armies like knights. The bigger changes are vehicles not randomly dying, when some things probably really should have been a vehicle versus a monster, and no more D weapons. Those two changes alone were massive improvements.

Cutting away the formation cancer, streamlining deepstriking, and getting rid of prohibitive assault rules is all gravy, too.
>>
>>53626942
From what I hear they removed a lot of the depth from the game like vehicle facings and generally simplified everything. What have they done to increase the skill ceiling in your opinion?
>>
>>53626474
how else did you think people where gonna get chapter/regiment specific detachments/bonusses ?
>>
>>53626991
For start the fight phase itself requires more tactical decision, because you need to decide which units need to attack first rather than automatically winning if you have higher initiative.
>>
>>53626971

>Alpha Legion
>First and Last
>Alpharius and Omegon
>I and XX
>Dark Angels and Alpha Legion
>Alpha Legion is commonly depicted with Hydra symbols, with a third head
>Alpharius and Omegon are 2/3 of the pattern, Dark Angels, probably the Lion himself, being the latter 1/3
>Dark Angels torn between loyalist and traitor
>Plus secretive, paranoid behavior
>>
>>53626962
That remains to be seen, but even so, depth isn't everything. Warhammer beats the everloving shit out of all competitors in terms of the setting and lore, outside of historicals. It does so much better than even the next best game in that department that that fact alone kept it alive for the past decade while the previous CEO and his lackeys did everything they could to shit on the community and run the rules side of things into the ground. You hear a lot of oldfags grumbling about 40k having shit lore now, but they mean that in comparison to the older 40k lore - it still tends to be leagues better than any of the other wargame settings at its worst, and now that the rules are massively improving, I think the less-popular games are going to suffer badly.
>>
File: kz4psoedt20z.jpg (87KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
kz4psoedt20z.jpg
87KB, 1334x750px
>>53626906
How much is just two colors, example given :^)
>>
>>53626991
>vehicle facings
>Depth
Nice joke, vehicle facing was just autistic arguments the rule.
>>
File: dc35zj6.gif (448KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
dc35zj6.gif
448KB, 240x320px
>>53626664
>same with platoon blobbers
Are the basic squads of Infantry guardsmen at least worth taking?
>>
>>53626802
What good is Battle Focus even for if it doesn't work for heavy weapons?
>>
>>53627011
Sure, but if you're looking for an in depth strategic competitive wargame, 40k isn't really that.
>>
>>53626731
being the worst of the space elves means not much if all space elves still run everything
>>
>>53626775
What's so good about Warlocks? Gimped Runes of Battle and Smite, only 1 cast attempt. Utter shit.
>>
>>53627018
They're down by 10 points and Commissars have an AoE buff now, so there's that.

They'll be harder to order, but officers are cheaper and easier to keep alive.

They'll be harder to psychic buff, but psychic buffs aren't as great now, anyway.

Overall, a mild nerf. And you can still run Conscripts.
>>
How do we deal with DE in 8th? I'm planning on gunning down their infantry with 2-3 Baal Predators, but what is the best way to crack their Venoms and Raiders?
>>
>>53627011
The question is whether or not Warhammer is a tactical and skillful wargame, not if it has the best setting.
>>
>>53626991
lol you heard wrong retard
>>
>>53627018
yeah our orders are great , taking a heavy weapon isn't a waste now and it looks like they're even better tarpits this time around
>>
>>53627018
Eh, if you want infantry waves you take conscripts and put a commissar nearby
>>
>>53627041
Conceal seems really good still
>>
>>53626991
Not him, haven't played 8th. Barely played 7th.

From what i can see.

movement being different will make the maneuvering phase very different especially against other armies. As some one who started in fantasy you don't realize how different one inch of movement can really be.

Command points as a source of rerolls or passing test. its a system that worked in other games the idea of being able to buy or work out rerolls or benefits. the choice to use them in the game and the right timing since they are a limited currency

the fight phase, picking the battles wisely when they happen.

most people got over vehicle facing by using weapons of overwhelming strength anyways. and i do like that a lot of the rules are streamlined to curtail arguments on template positions or like you said vehicle facings.
>>
>>53627008
>lion is an alpha legion member
fucking gw
>>
>>53626991
The simplifying was all good. Complexity in game design is not good. You want the maximum depth you can squeeze out of the minimum complexity.

New 40k introduces a ton more skill-based play to the game with a massive increase in player decisions that can affect the outcome instead of leaving so much to random chance like before. The command point/stratagem system, the new alternating deployment rules, the new charge/fight phase rules that create all sorts of interesting positioning situations and the alternative activation to resolve combats, listbuilding has been massively opened up as the rebalancing has made most things viable now. I've been shitting on 7th for ages and I was cynical at first about the chances of 8th being good but GW actually surprised me.
>>
>>53627045
Lascannon.
>>
Anyone mathhammer power fists vs chain fists yet?
>>
>>53626981
Claws and bolter are amazing and really cheap
>>
>>53625824
>>53625836

I hope they go along more with whole Star Wars Clone Troopers theme that theyve been going on in the Dark Imperium book
>>
>>53627074

>average of 1d3 is 1.5
>average of 2 is 2

What's there to mathhammer? Normal fists just have the potential to spike for more damage as well as the potential to whiff
>>
>>53626981
most stuff that is factored into the model is cheap. stuff that is default but is a legit better choice than some of the other options that replace it is expensive
>>
>>53627025
I wouldn't be so sure. There's a reason it has a thriving and growing competitive tournament scene in the states while I haven't seen anything of the sort for other wargames besides X-Wing, and X-Wing, while a very good game, mostly was assured success simply by virtue of being part of the Star Wars IP.
>>
>>53626668
Tau is still a dead unplayable faction lol.
>>
>>53626946
>leman russ saying he had to exterminate them
Leman Russ never said that. He only implied that the Wolves had fought Astartes before. They fought the World Eaters during the Night of the Wolf. Nothing about that has anything to do with the lost legions.
>>
>>53626620
It's more I'm cheap, and $12 for a flesh shade I probably wont use a lot of seems excessive.
If it looks shit I'd drop the money, but I can't find any pictures online of a nuln wash on it, so don't know.
>>
>>53627089
>>average of 1d3 is 1.5
>average of 2 is 2
this is bait right ?
>>
File: Zzz....gif (1MB, 429x343px) Image search: [Google]
Zzz....gif
1MB, 429x343px
>People sperging out over vehicle facings being gone
>When everybody was just spamming strength D, haywire and Grav anyway
>>
>>53627089
>average of 1d3 is 1.5
You can't roll a 0 on a d3. Your options are 1, 2 and 3. (1+2+3)/3=6/3=2. Average is 2.
>>
>>53627107
I've been seeing it a couple times lately. Either people really don't know how averages work, or this is the new meme
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1007x948px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1007x948px
>tfw Stormlord filled with 18 HWT
Even without All Power To Weapons!, the scant -1 to hit means nothing if it moves, and so long as it's half-covered by terrain, it gets a 2+ save, meaning it will never die. You can fire mortars for days or do something more aggressive with the other guns.

Or, hell, you could just load 9 HWT for offense and still have room for 22 other models to unload into key spots as it performs its humble fortress-on-wheels roll. It's M10 now, so vroom vroom.

Lastly, S9 A9 AP-2 D3D in melee while able to fire bolters within 1" and still fire its other guns at enemies further than 1".

I have no idea what the best IG BB variant is right now, but this has always been my favorite and I'm glad I can still have fun with it. It's also the only BB variant I own.
>>
>>53627046
The original question was asking what the appeal was. The strongest appeal is the setting, that's the answer.
>>
>>53627099
You don't have be super deep to be competitive or popular.
>>
>>53627071
>40k
>skill
lmao
>>
>>53627074
No need to, the chainfist is better.
Statiscally they have the same damage (CF is always 2 and the average of d3 is 2), but the CF has one better AP.
The chainfist is better, even assuming it rolls 3 damage it's only re,oving .2 more wounds, and most of the time it will be far worse than the CF.
>>
>>53627120
Yeah there's no skill, that's why the top earning tournament players tend to be a small consistent group out of a massive pool. Those guys just consistently get luckier than everyone else that's definitely the reason.
>>
>>53626404
how does black science man know that shit isn't gonna hit him in the face??
>>
>>53626910
>>53626927
>>53626949

Fuck that, I'm sick of this undercover Marry-Kate and Ashley bullshit. We've had to put up with this crap for over 20 cunting years. It's not clever, it's lazy. Just tell us what the fuck happened.
>>
>>53625944
1 "Platoon Blob" already involved x25 guardsmen minimum, including what is now x2 infantry squads IE 2 troop choices. What the fuck are you bitching about?
>>
>>53626991
There is a lot of skill in managing unit positioning fo melee, both as the agressor and the defender. Properly using screening units to set up shooting, managing multiple charges and pile in/consolidation moves, as well as simply making proper decisions about which unit to activate when in the fight phase. Plus theres a fair bit of play in managin character positioning to get the most out of their aura buffs while not leaving them too vulnerable. Also there are far more common and flexible mobility and deep strike options which you often have to be mindful of. Its often not your vehicles, but instead your characters that end up getting flanked. You also have to consider where and when to use command points. Sometimes this is obvious (I flubbed my vital charge roll), but not always. And this should only grow as more command abilities come with codexes.
>>
>>53627130
Faith in God
>>
>>53627055
>yeah our orders are great
The orders are kinda shit. They have a 6 inch radius.
>>
>>53627130
Science. It's right there in the gif.
>>
>>53627108
They're literally just finding something random nobody cared about and complaining about it because it's gone now
>>
>>53627130
Negro sorcerery
>>
>>53626629
nah
>>
>>53627023
Its mainly good with shuriken weapons.
>>
>>53627152
I choose this answer!
>>
>>53627146
You can buy vox if you want. Short range for character bonuses is standard in 8th.
>>
>>53627113
it's the only one i own to atm, for 30k reasons
don't forget to stick some flamer command squads in there for those extra d6 hits on overwatch anon !
also an astra telepathica psyker can cast psychic barrier for a +1 to save rolls for an astra militarum unit

planning on getting a banesword or shadowsword next though cause i like big guns
depending on the rules for elysians
>>
Baneblade loses ballistic when he moves?
Can tanks shoot different targets in melee?
>>
>>53627130
>ball swings out
>friction and gravity reduce force on upswing
>ball stops at slightly shorter height
>gravity swings ball back with less force than initial drop
>gravity and friction reduce force on return upswing
>ball gently caresses black science man on the nose because of the reduced force
>>
>>53627130
It can't, it started right next to his face then swung because gravity, it never actually gets any more energy than it gains from the initial swing-down so it can't go up past where it started. Common trick at physics lectures, I once heard about some Aussies who stuck spikes on the thing itself because the threat of getting hit with a squishy ball isn't interesting enough.
>>
>>53626927
After milking the Horus Heresy for what, over a decade now?, do you really think that the idea of keeping some mystery about is at all interesting to the GW muckymucks?

Gotta turn over every stone and make the unspeakably ancient mythology of 30K explicit story beats if that means nerdbucks may flow!
>>
>>53626927
Its probably just an excuse for people to make their own lost legions primaris, just like its always been
>>
>>53627146
that's why you get voxes
and that doesn't take away from the awesome stuff our orders let us do
retreat from combat and fire and fire, advance 12+d6 inches , reroll to hits of 1, double the damage output of lasguns, advance and fire , and an extra melee fase

infantry squads are looking a lot more versatile
>>
File: Capture.png (269KB, 719x217px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
269KB, 719x217px
>>53627176
I don't think embarking models can fire overwatch or use psyker abilities. The rulebook says embarked units cannot do anything at all unless otherwise stated, and in this case, "otherwise" is "up to 20 embarked models can shoot in the Shooting phase."
>>
>>53627166
My problem is I only have so many physical vox caster bits.

That and only one Steel Legion model can have a vox easily attached to them.
>>
>>53627199
I doubt anyone would be interested in the 2 lost primarchs now. Best leave them as a myth and bring Sang back.
>>
>>53627102
What id recommend then is getting some Agrax Earthshade ( the brown shade) and using that. It should look fine on flesh, water it down a little if you think its too dark, and is really useful for shading tons of different colors It is as handy if not more so than Nuln oil.
>>
>>53627224
that's a shame
>>
>>53627210
>GW leaves lost legions blank so players can make their own
>you're considered an insufferable Mary Sue if you actually do
>>
>>53627236
get rekt
>>
>>53627225
Just put some funky mechanical bit on the base by their feet and call it a vox.
>>
>>53627231
I reckon I have a little bit of it from the starter paint set I've got.
Thanks.
>>
>>53627241
The 40k fandom is a strange and mysterious thing anon. Dont try and understand it.
>>
>>53627252
I understand disdain for snowflakes perfectly fine, it's just a funny observation.
>>
File: Capture.png (210KB, 585x201px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
210KB, 585x201px
>>53627236
On the plus side, the phrasing of Explodes says that it does not affect the embarked models at all. Embark rules models cannot be affected unless otherwise stated, Explode rule says damages units within a range "before any embarked models disembark."

You only take the normal destroyed test, which isn't much of a problem.
>>
>>53627274
Yes but as you said GW did it on purpose so it really shouldnt be seen as snowflakey as it is
>>
Is there anything more satisfying than blowing up a loaded transport while it's completely surrounded by gaunts and instantly slaying all the occupants because they have no room to disembark? I don't think so. I love this game.
>>
>>53626894
>>53626950
That seems pretty good, but if i run as much bubblewrap as i have planned (ten infantry squads, so as to prevent my HWTs from getting sniped out, in addition to two conscript blobs in movement trays that i can use since blasts and templates will no longer fuck me) if anything makes it to my shadowsword i've already lost, so i may as well grab the extra range.
>>
Looking to make a houserule for noobie/casual friend group regarding going a little over listed point caps for a match, where we don't really want to spend too much time trying to shave off an extra point or two. How does this sound: "You can go up to 5 points over the specified point cap, as long as no single optional wargear or additional model costs 5 or fewer points" Intention being that going a few points over is okay if you can't really avoid it, but you shouldn't intentionally pick up a tiny upgrade to push over.
>>
>>53627305
This was a houserule I used in 7th where almost everything came in blocks of 5 points, but now that the granularity of points is actually being used I wouldn't do this anymore. Stay under the limit period.
>>
>>53627305
Just use power levels then.
>>
>>53627305
Just usse power level instead of points.
>>
>>53627129
Or there's only a small consistent group that even cares to win the pissing contest. This isn't e-sports, autist.
>>
>>53627294
As a rule it actually makes sense. In the panic of scrambling from a flaming wreck, the unit is cut down at point blank range by a waiting enemy. Pretty damn thematic if you ask me.
>>
>>53627305
THREE WAYS TO PLAY.
>>
>>53627160
You shoot at normal BS when you move an extra 1D6. Doesn't seem useful in any scenario especially now that horde armies will be the aggressors and Eldar have to play defence.
>>
>>53627349
Shuriken Cannon jetbikes
>>
>>53627289
I think the problem is that they did it for an early incarnation of Epic set during the Heresy, and then as the canon started to solidify with later editions of 40K, the idea of the two deleted Legions turned into more of a seperate thing from anything else from the Heresy period, because they didn't really have a place with either Traitor Legions of 27 different foundings, which allow for any kind of army theme you could want anyway.
>>
>>53627241

Well I wouldn't mind it, it's just I've never seen it done properly. The last guy I met who wanted to fluff his guys as a lost legion wanted them to be the emperor's body guards in hiding with the emperor's son, who had alliances with Eldar and Tau and had formed a single government federation with them. I shit you not. That was literally his concept. Fucking retard. And he had the gall to bitch because the ally system didn't cater to his special snowflakes and he felt it was too hard to field the army he wanted, even after it was explained he could technically take them all he'd just have to put sone distance between them. Fuck I gate thst guy.

Thing is though i don't hate him because he wants his dudes to be a lost legion, I hate him because he's a retard. If he wasn't retarded, and his idea for his dudes wasn't retarded, I'd have no problem with them being one of the lost legions descendants.
>>
>>53627315
>>53627321
>>53627338
What if we like having to make some choices regarding upgrades instead of taking literally every wargear upgrade for free, but we don't want to have to rejigger a list around being 1 point over?
>>
>>53627349
At normal BS - with non-heavy weapons. So no moving and firing scatter lasers freely.
>>
>>53627305
>where we don't really want to spend too much time trying to shave off an extra point or two
It takes no time at all. Just remove the lowest costing option/model. I can't stand mongoloid faggots who can't wrap their heads around something as basic as a points limit.
>>
>>53627305
if you're going to be picky about a one or two point piece of wargear then might as well make it hard cap.

or use powerlevels where you can bring all the wargear you want and the game just figures that since everyone will bring what they want for their options that it'll balance itself out.

either one or the other anon. otherwise you're just building a bad habit.
>>
>>53627358
Yes, why would the jetbikes ever need 6" then shoot at full BS? Why would you ever want to lose Soulburst for +1 BS that will almost never come up?
>>
>>53627377
Just play a 1005 point game or whatever you can't seem to play at 1000.
>>
>>53627334
Oh I agree, I love it. It's like wounded guys trying to crawl out of the wreckage and they're immediately dragged out and torn limb from limb by a sea of monsters that was just waiting for them
>>
>>53627334
>Abaddon the Despoiler and his Terminator Retinue are all utterly slaughtered by a pack of gribblies
Doesn't have to be slashy nids. Could be Conscripts. Or Gretchin.
>>
>>53627373
Exactly. It's useless. Even if you were to kite with 1D6 + shoot, most weapons can still hit you and you're always better off with Soulburst.
>>
>>53627388
Then they'd somehow have a 1009 point list.
>>
>>53627289
>>53627365
Oh, and also- with the way FW has done their additions to the Heresy Legions, the idea of not being into locked into one of 18 relatively limited palettes is still kinda there, because you have shit like Pre-Primarch schemes and designations, loyalist schemes, sup forces schemes, etc, as they kind of roll in Second Founding stuff into the Legions.
>>
>>53626952
>>53626938
bear in mind that it's a pretty expensive setup, so unless you're planning on doing fireblades with strike teams as troops anyway there are simpler ways to get safe markerlights. ten pathfinders in a shieldline will average you about the same amount of markerlight hits (maybe more, actually) for fewer points and roughly the same durability. taking three of those setups seems like a better markerlight plan that doing fancy stuff with fireblades and droneports unless you really want the command points from having at least three troops.

in unrelated Tau news, Longstrike is an HQ now and gives +1 to hit to nearby hammerheads (which are already BS 3+). Tau tank army is legit as hell now.
>>
>>53627372
Sometimes you're five points under. If somehow you need over a certain amount to play your army then it might be kinda dick for a small game, or you can just talk to the guy. It really is a fringe case.
>>
>>53627396
"Craftworld Tactics" will probably separate Ynnari from Asuryani more when the Codexes drop and then it won't simply be a braindead choice of Soulburst over Battle Focus.
>>
>>53627407
Oh, I totally missed that. So you can now do a Spearhead with literally nothing but tanks. Beautiful.

Shame Longstrike is T'au sept only. I want to flavor my list as Bork'an, but all of the special characters are T'au or Vior'la, and it sucks to lock oneself out of options for the sake of flavor. For now I can paint and flavor as Bork'an and just treat myself as T'au for mechanics, but it'll be a struggle once we get sept-specific stratagems.
>>
>>53627305
Seems like a reasonable houserule if this is what your groups prefer. But I still think just staying under points period is cleaner.
>>
>>53627407
it did not occur to me that Longstrike is HQ.

i just did an inventory and I have 4 hammerheads. so maxing out heavy support and hq on a standard formation sheet shouldn't be a problem. perfect.

While i don't know how effective it'll be like the idea of a devilfish with a unit of 6 firewarriors with pulse rifles, and a 6 man pathfinder team with or without special weapons (or maybe 5+ drone) as being a single sort of organization.

if nothing else but because it looks like a cool combo.
>>
>>53627372
I dont get why you insist on a point limit if youre not gonna abide to it, either suck it up and remove shit or use power levels.
>>
>>53627425
Trying to make a 450 list for a test-run using the Tzeentch SC! box. Ideally I wanted to use all of the models, as that's what my friends are doing as well. This means putting the Herald on foot, and the exalted flamer in the chariot, which gives me a total of 453 with exactly no upgrades or excess units. Does this make me an asshole?
>>
Typhus is 20 points cheaper than a Lord of Contagion and better in every way.

What even.
>>
First draft of my dudes is complete, what do you guys think?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OXz2Rq8MYrPuvYuF0kWdQkCkFmIu2J3tc5wnnXmGEaw/edit?usp=sharing

>tl;dr
subterranean assault specialist imperial guardsmen, hate dino bugs and loud noises.
>>
>>53627452
He's unique. Unique characters get a points drop because there's no threat of them being spammed. I don't know if I agree with that design decision but there is some amount of sense to it I guess.
>>
>>53627391
>be random conscript 7895458215-A12
>you and your mates kick Abaddon the Despoiler, Champion of Chaos undivided, and his Bringers of Despair terminator bodyguards to death
>>
>>53627452
Herohammer

>>53627434
One detachment can be tau and the other the sept of your choosing?
>>
>>53627452
I imagine that Lords of Contagion will at least get some options in the codex. As is, the Death Guard Index list is pretty much "What's in the Dark Imperium Box, the Army List"

Until then, enjoy playing DI Lords as counts-as Typhuses, because he totally is one.
>>
>>53627460
That's actually retarded. He has the same stat line with a better weapon, a great ranged option, buffs pox walkers, and psychic powers.

Negative 20 points.
>>
>>53627481
I may just straight up convert the starter dude. I mean what, add a scythe blade, maybe some flesh chimneys?

Shame to lose that axe though, and he'll definitely get his own model that will probably be awesome.

Maybe not.
>>
>>53626327
Well, my faith on Sicarians are back again thanks to you, now i will bring 10 of them for tomorrow match. (I still feel a lil' bit itch however that it will not play as it was, infiltrators feels like Blame! Exterminators now rather than actual infiltrators.)

Thanks again my cogbrother

GW still must fix those Aura and Transonic thought
>>
>>53627474
My understanding was that you only get the faction-specific stratagems if all units in your army share the faction keyword in question, though I can't seem to find where that was said. I suppose it could be that you get it for any detachment that shares a set of keywords, but you can only use the strat for that detachment? That seems like it would be a bit odd.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-05-18-15-50.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-05-18-15-50.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>53626604
This guy?
It looks like he walked into his local store and took pics of their table models. I doubt he actually has them, especially at such a price.
>>
>>53627503
Ahriman got updated, Kharn was sort of recently updated, I'm sure Typhus is on the list of new Death Guard releases that still haven't been spoiled.
>>
Are thousand sons any good in 8th ed?
>>
>>53627430
Hopefully, because I've played Craftworld for most of 7th but I know my bikes will die without JSJ, and for that I would need soulburst to even the odds.
>>
>>53627510
It was in the Live Q&A. Stratagems will indeed only be unlocked by everything in a Detachment sharing a keyword.
>>
>>53627513
Psykers got assraped.
>>
>>53627513
Right now they lack for psychic powers real badly and you have to rely on smite spam if you like using lots of Sorcerers. But Rubrics and Scarab Occult got hugely buffed, they're much more viable than before.
>>
>>53627517
>bikes
>I need my balanced ynar powers
>eldar

Wooow
>>
File: 1486944789260.jpg (675KB, 2187x2165px) Image search: [Google]
1486944789260.jpg
675KB, 2187x2165px
>With CP re-roll, Celestine is nearly guaranteed to never fail her Miraculous Intervention test
>she already gets a free D3 wound recovery AoF (or the other options) in addition to the usual Gemini recovery every turn
>she's also a character, so good luck hurting them in the first place
>when she doesn't need a sippy, she can double a unit's shooting attacks or trigger a free Fight phase or fly off an extra 12" all for the hell of it
Everything about SoB now are great, but Celestine is a prime meat. This is amazing.
>>
>>53627527
>smite spam
You can only smite once per turn.
>>
>>53627529
I didn't use Ynnari in 7th, I acknowledge bikes are cheesy but what can I do? Guardians on jetbikes are cool as hell. I don't want to be forced to use Ynnari just to have a fighting chance in 8th.
>>
>>53627534
I'm not sure how I feel about those thighs.
>>
>>53627520
To be clear, that's everything in a /detachment/, not everything in an /army/? So I could, for example, run a SM army with a detachment of Dangles and a detachment of wolf-dudes, and get the strats from both?
>>
>>53627506

The loss of the aura was a blow, but it doesn't hurt as bad as one might think, and the new pop out 9+inches away is great for them. Their biggest problem, at least for me, was getting them there since they are kinda fragile. Now it's not a problem, they are there already.
>>
>>53627538
Smite is specifically exempt from that. retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 840x485px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 840x485px
Comment and criticism on my Thousand Sons list?
>>
File: Psychic Focus.png (300KB, 847x186px) Image search: [Google]
Psychic Focus.png
300KB, 847x186px
>>53627538
"With the exception of Smite"
>>
>>53627538
Not true.

A single model can only smite once. Any number of psychers can smite however. It's the only spell you're allowed to spam.
>>
>>53627539
Well give Craftworld a shot knowing you can shift to Ynnari down the line if you need to.
>>
I am really, really tired of people in the 40k fandom shitting on each others’ armies, chapters, legions, etc. Literally all of the established forces have SOMETHING to recommend them. And most people’s home-brews are harmless fun. Maybe the Dark Angels or the Ultramarines or the Tau aren’t your cup of tanna, but for fuck’s sake shut up if you’re shitting on other people’s good time.

Example: I don’t think much of the Tyranid. They just don’t do it for me. Not my thing. But do you know what I do when I see someone’s lovingly painted bug army? I fucking well compliment their gribbly space bugs. I let their enthusiasm rub off on me. Hell yeah, those are some awesome space bugs! I have no desire to dampen their enthusiasm, because that would make me a humorless asshole.

Don’t be an asshole!
>>
File: 1485502889256.png (1MB, 709x778px) Image search: [Google]
1485502889256.png
1MB, 709x778px
>>53627543
Is there a problem?
>>
>>53627544
We don't know how that's going to work yet since we haven't seen a single faction specific stratagem, but I would guess those stratagems only work on units that have the faction keyword which unlocked them in the first place.
>>
File: 4+464164.jpg (222KB, 700x621px) Image search: [Google]
4+464164.jpg
222KB, 700x621px
has anyone tried this yet??
>>
>>53627566
The issue isn't the 40k fan base its that you're on 4chan
>>
>>53626238
Take a thunderhammer instead of a powerfist on your sergeants. It's 25pts for characters, but sergeants aren't characters, so it's 20pts for them - same as a thunderhammer which does 3 damage instead of d3 damage
>>
Can you buy multiple plasma pistols and shoot them all in a single turn?
>>
>>53627583
Except I copy pasted that from, and the original post was referring to, the 40k community on tumblr.

It's not where you are. It's us. We're the problem.
>>
>>53627566
I agree anon, but this is 4chan where people are going to troll even if they don't really mean it. You just gotta put up with the bants and imagine it's harmless fun, and if it turns out the other guy is actually serious, well then he's a sad pathetic dude for getting that worked up about other people liking some fictional space dudes he doesn't like.
>>
>>53627583
Truth. The majority of the fanbase are cool, it's just that we specifically are a bunch of miserable pricks
>>
>>53627544
I kinda hope it's army so that there's more incentive to specialize. Especially with the disparity in matched play allies between Imperium and Ork/Necrons/Tau.
>>
>>53627595
Yeah but tumblr 'abuse' is weak and pathetic.
>>
>>53627595
Go back

>40k community on tumblr
Why does this even exist
>>
>>53627560
Why is that daemon running around without wings?
>>
>>53627534
Acts of Faith are really strong. Ynnari have to jump through way more hoops to access essentially the same thing, and it's still very good on them.
>>
>>53627566
Hello Tumblr!
>>
>>53627611
so libs have a safe space to whine about "muh female marines"
>>
>>53627612
Cuz there's not much advantage to him outrunning his screwing unit.

He's a character with no degrading damage profile and can hide
>>
>>53627616
Hey there!
>>53627611
I was surprised too. I heard people bitching about tumblr's other communities and went "Huh, I wonder if 40k has a presence there", and here it is.
>>
>>53627566
>doesn't like nids
>is a tumblrina
Why are nids the most effective faction for BTFOing autists, losers and emotional cucks?
>>
>>53627574
If faction-specific strats are indeed unlocked via detachment, that seems like a very reasonable assumption, if it a bit clunky in-game as you need to remember which strat options you have for which part of your army. Not a huge issue, but a bit weird.

For my T'au-problem, I suppose I could take a Supreme Command of all the characters I want. Then again, many of them specifically only give benefits to units of their same sept, which is lame. I wonder what benefits they'll give to septs beyond the main two to balance the loss of access to all the special characters.

The same goes for other factions; The majority of Necron special characters are Sautekh. What if I wanted to play Novokh or something; I now lose access to those characters. It seems like the special characters being subfaction-specific is going to really put a damper on the use of subfactions beyond the main one or two for each faction.
>>
The 4th MEGA link is broken
>>
>>53627455
I like that you tried to add some kind of culture outside of combat doctrine and I like the idea of the collapse kit, though your explenatio of their command structure seemed a bit redundant, but the fuck do I know.
>>
>>53627545
>The loss of the aura was a blow, but it doesn't hurt as bad as one might think

But still, at the fluff standpoint its kinda a let down. It was their primary selling point, supporting the others by debuffing their enemy, incapacitate them before they can kill any frendlies.
>>
>>53627624
Nids also happen to attract an awful lot of losers, autists and emotional cucks. Everyone else who falls outside of those categories just stays away.
>>
>>53627630
this is the 4th time i've seen this same exact post today
>>
>>53627600
I have a bias towards this as well. It would mean that the dangle/wolfies example would get the Imperium and SM strats, but not the specific strats from each sub-faction, due to sharing the field and stepping on each other's toes, which seems flavorful.
>>
>>53627596
>You just gotta put up with the bants and imagine it's harmless fun
Bants are playfully teasing or mocking remarks.

The issue is 4chan is a bunch of autistics who think if it's funny once, it's funny 30 times per thread, every thread for months..

>>53627621
Isn't *this* were people go to wine about female space marines?
>>
>>53627635

True. You have a point. I just chose to focus on the assasins part of the fluff, which they feel like to me now.
>>
File: 1455883665897.jpg (252KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
1455883665897.jpg
252KB, 800x582px
>>53627614
To be fair, Ynn get an unknown yet unlimited number for free, while SoB get one for free on a 2+ roll and then have to pay for Celestine to get another or an imagifier to get 50% chance of another.

It is especially nice you can support squads with imagifiers almost like CCS with Orders for IG, but you do at least have to pay for it.

All just small excuses, because pew pew, double firing Retributors!
>>
>>53627641
Unfortunately, as of right now they'd get the Codex Marines ones as well - the only keyword Codex Marines have special other than their tactics is Astartes, which they also share
>>
File: 2017-06-05 01.34.19.jpg (1MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-05 01.34.19.jpg
1MB, 1885x1060px
>>53627576
Reporting in
>>
>>53627655
>shitsters of basshole
fuck off retard
>>
>>53627643
>The issue is 4chan is a bunch of autistics who think if it's funny once, it's funny 30 times per thread, every thread for months..
They mostly only keep things going like this because someone took the bait and sperged out about it.

See: Gay dark angels jokes and that one guy who 200% lost it in every thread without fail, and only made the meme stronger because he didn't know how to stop responding to trolls.
>>
>>53627666
>having a lisp in digital format
You okay there, champ?
>>
>>53627543

My dick knows exactly how to feel
>>
>>53625978
That's what you get for not magnetizing every little plastic thing.
>>
>>53627503
Even without converting the Lord of Contagion is similar enough to Typhus to work with his rules, the way the Dark Vengeance set had Dark Angels characters basically ready to stand in for Azrael, Ezekiel and arguably even Belial.
>>
>>53627670
thwell, thankth
>>
>>53627660
Their Tactics are exactly what are going to be the analogues to DAngle and Wolf keywords though.

Unless those guys get further subdivisions, like Wolves getting Grand Companies and DAngles getting Deathwing, Ravenwing, etc
>>
After re-rolling hits with Guide, can you then re-roll 1s with Autarch's ability?
>>
>>53627534
>painting the thighs
>but not the tits

Why even bother?
>>
>>53627669
Being fair, people often take the bait and sperg on about it because it reaches a breaking point. The person posts it for so long, so consistently, that it goes beyond banter - If it was just friendly bantz, they'd have shut up the first few times it didn't catch a bite. Like, for instance, >>53627666

I've seen him in many threads, even coming specifically into the Sisters thread for 8th to post that exact same reply. No difference, no change, always the same words, just linked to a different post. It's hard to think he doesn't mean it by now, and from the very fact people care about their armies, they want to engage someone who feels so negatively and figure out why and try to change their mind.

tl;dr trolls, not bants. And not feeding the trolls doesn't work.
>>
>>53627692
you can only reroll once in 8th edition, core rulebook page 178, left sidebar
>>
>>53627576

Didn't stick Nobz in mine, but I did run a Morkanaut in my first game of 8th. It didn't do very well overall but it copped a shitload of firepower from my opponent's Wraithknight so that was definitely a contributing factor. Those Str 16 hits are so tempting though.
>>
>>53627692
Nope - rulebook clearly states that a die cannot be re-rolled more than once
>>
File: Rerolls.png (94KB, 217x314px) Image search: [Google]
Rerolls.png
94KB, 217x314px
>>53627692
>>
Is there anything stopping me from taking 12 astropaths , bundling them into a Valkyrie and dropping them behind the enemy warlord to spam smite ? They should do about 8 mortal wounds a turn on average and the whole squad is 150pts plus the valk .
>>
>>53627696
At that point you just have to realize those faggots are the dregs of 4chan that we put up with in order to be here. The best and the worst all in one place.
>>
What's the point of giving HQs leadership when they don't confer leadership to other units anymore?
>>
>>53627643
>Isn't *this* were people go to wine about female space marines?

This is the site where pol dwells, most tumblr-tier snowflakes can't even deal with their periodic shitposting excursions.
>>
>>53627592
>>53627592
>>53627592
this question
>>
>>53627709
Don't astropaths suck at smite since trying to get 5+ on 1D6 instead of 2D6?
>>
Did anyone ever figure out if you can use the Command Re-roll to force an opponent to re-roll a dice? I'm assuming the answer is "no" but that could be a pretty big deal.
>>
>>53627710
They're not only here. They're just harder to filter here.

>>53627709
Most if not all tournaments will be using the detachment limits found in the Advanced Rules section. If you can fit them in there, go nuts.
>>
Hol up hol up. So baneblade has 9 attacks that hit on 5+ with str 9 -2 ap d3 damage, he can shoot sponsons into melee AND shoot all other guns elsewhere. You dont even need to fall back with stats like this.
I take that back, baneblade is really good.
>>
>>53627711
Some psychic powers use it as a defensive stat.
>>
>>53627709
Not that I'm aware of, though they may be a bit inefficient at the whole drop-assassination thing, compared to units who are made for it, due to the inability to do even basic aim with their attack. Smite can only hit closest unit, which doesn't leave a lot of options for placement, especially given the Warlord will almost certainly be bubble-wrapped. You'll be killing 8 of his chaff a turn, at least. They'd probably be better served being sent against heavy-armor likes tanks and walkers, where they're more likely to connect with their target.
>>
>>53627715
Yeh but 4 out of 12 still manifest it on average , and I assume they can't perils on 1d6 ?
>>
>>53625756

What weapon is the non-heavy special slot choice for anti-tank now? Grav right?
>>
>>53627716
Does it say you can
>"force an opponent to re-roll a dice"
>>
>>53627709
Just the limit of fitting that many elites into your detachments. It's also the kind of thing opponents will get wise to and keep a screening squad of cultist/gretchen/whatever in their backline.
>>
The Militarum Tempestus box comes with a command squad and and Scions squad, how easy is it to make the command squad also a Scions squad?
>>
File: 60_multimeltas.jpg (123KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
60_multimeltas.jpg
123KB, 500x750px
are there any list builders out there that are updated for 8th?
>>
>>53627727
>on average
But doesn't the enemy still get to deny on 2D6?
>>
>>53627729
Plasma.
>>
>>53626050
For the Predator, use the Autocannon and the Heavy bolters, they are a must as there will be many infantry horde lists in 8th.

For anti-vehicle capabilities, get 5 man tactile squads that use a plasma pistol and a lascannon.
>>
>>53627732
It simply says "re-roll any dice". It doesn't say it has to be a dice you rolled yourself.

I guess you could argue that re-rolling a dice you didn't roll is not a "re-roll" for you. Either way GW should clarify it in the FAQ
>>
>>53627714
What unit are you talking about?
>>
>>53627705
Does this include strategems?
>>
>>53627747
chaos lord
>>
>>53627738
Are you blood angels, CSM, or Tyranids?
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator
>>
>>53627714
If you can arm a model with multiple plasma pistols, you can shoot them both at once, yes.
>>
>>53627736
The scion squad and the scion command squad are literally the same kit - it comes with some extra parts to optionally build the squad into a command squad if you prefer.

The scions Start Collecting box are the same ones as you would get individually, so you could even build two command squads if you wanted.
>>
>>53627718
>They're just harder to filter here.
I disagree, they are quite easy to filter.
Downside is most threads will be like 130 posts with the rest being hidden as shitposts, people taking the bait or people replying to tell others not to take the bait
>>
wheres the Dark Imperium ebook?
>>
>>53627725
Guess I'll go for it then , it'll be like uber with frail blind people . real problem is finding good astropath models
>>
>>53627754
it says never

what does never mean
>>
>>53627754
It includes everything. You cannot use a command re-roll to get an extra re-roll.
>>
>>53627740
Deny attempts are quite limited. Most psykers only get one and if you dont have one you get zero. Unless you're Sisters who get fuckloads of D6 deny attempts.
>>
>>53627641
>>53627600
Yup, I see stratagems as masterful plays form the supreme commander, but Danlges have no idea that it mean when the BA commander is shouting "Tactics 25-b, battle of Radium Hill".

So he has to rely on simple tard-wrangling like "stop running away" negating any army specific tactics.
>>
File: 1495575111839.jpg (196KB, 1280x1804px) Image search: [Google]
1495575111839.jpg
196KB, 1280x1804px
I'm still going to use my 2nd edition space marines and there's nothing anyone can ever do about it :)

I also have a rogue trader predator :)
>>
>>53627761
>The scion squad and the scion command squad are literally the same kit - it comes with some extra parts to optionally build the squad into a command squad if you prefer.
That is what I thought. Thanks.
>>
>>53627759
cool thanks
>>
>>53627732
It says you can "re-roll any single dice." Is a "dice" that your opponent has rolled within the set of "any single dice"?
>>
File: ChaosLordWeapons.png (195KB, 903x150px) Image search: [Google]
ChaosLordWeapons.png
195KB, 903x150px
>>53627755
You can replace your bolt pistol and your sword each with a plasma pistol, and fire both, yes. You get to use all of your weapons every turn, unless something says otherwise, and this is clearly a way to get two plasma pistols.
>>
File: Acolyte.png (541KB, 1229x416px) Image search: [Google]
Acolyte.png
541KB, 1229x416px
With 3 wounds and no Instant Death, are melee Acolytes viable now?
>>
>>53627746
However, another problem is that the rules state clearly who makes to hit rolls, who makes to wound rolls, and who makes saving throws, etc.. (You) don't magically get to make those for your opponent just because you can re-roll. The 40k equivalent has always been forcing your opponent to re-roll. Also, if you could re-roll your opponent's dice, that brings another hiccup in that your opponent can then re-roll it because the "re-roll once" rule also specifics "(you) can only re-roll a single dice once."

It's overall a clusterfuck that clearly won't stand, but people used to other games like MtG won't see an actual problem with it and will require a FAQ to establish it.
>>
>>53627746
>>53627785
YOU can re-roll any dice, you can't re-roll what you didn't roll.
>>
>>53627789
thanks
>>
>>53627789
>You get to use all of your weapons every turn, unless something says otherwise
You can fire all pistol weapons in a turn, or all non-pistol weapons in a turn, but you can't fire a pistol and a non-pistol in the same turn

So gunslinging dual plasma pistols is fine yes.
>>
>>53627785
RAI wouldn't allow such a thing, and I fully expect the FAQ to fix the slightly less-than-blindingly-obvious wording
>>
>>53627804
thanks
>>
>>53627804
Sorry, forgot to mention that bit. Not an issue with what he's trying to do, but important to keep in mind when using pistols.
>>
>>53627781

Guy who plays scions here, be warned you aren't going to have enough special weapons. Each scions kit comes with one of each of the special weapons, soooo yeah. You actually can't really make a command squad (or at least not the kind I like to run) with just the start collecting box.
>>
>>53627791
I agree, I just think that all these RAW loopholes should be talked about as much as possible right now at the start of the edition so we can get that shit cleared up pronto. You make a good case for explaining why it shouldn't be a thing.
>>
>>53627758
>my CSM list now costs more points and is also even worse than before
thanks gw
>>
>>53627741
>mfw rip off melta guns in 5E for plasma early 6E due to "HULL POINTS VEHICLES WORTHLESS"
>mfw rip off plasma for something useful like grav
>mfw rip off grav for more consistent damage against Knights via melta and 8E when grav is undoubtedly nerf
>mfw 8E lands and ripping off melta for plasma

FFFFFFFF
>>
>>53627746
Here's my take. It says "You can re-roll any single dice". I read the "you" and "reroll" to mean that the die has to be one that you rolled in the first place. If you were forcing your opponent to reroll "you" wouldnt be the one making the re-roll.

Tl;dr No. Your rolls only.
>>
>>53627834
CSM are so fuckin rad right now what are you talkin' bout it's worse than before
>>
>>53627780
Did you paint those recently or are they still as you first painted them?

When ever i open my old rogue traders box and see johnny and his mates i always think about my orginal paint jobs and think what an idiot i was.
>>
>>53627834
Wait, how is it worse? CSM are far, FAR better than before
>>
>>53627792
>>53627841
Agreed.
>>
>>53627834
Keep in mind there's been nerfs across the board for vehicles/elites, so if that's what you're reacting to, it's not just you. 8e puts a lot more emphasis on troops.
>>
>>53627820
Well, just look at it this way. You and your opponent are forced to roll-off for one of the various reasons like wych special abilities.

>You win the roll.
>Your opponent rerolls and still loses.
>Upset, he forces you to reroll yours. He wins.
>You then reroll your die and lose.
>In a vengeful fit, you force your opponent to reroll again and win.
>You win the roll off.
This experience has been a clusterfuck brought to you by the kindly players of MtG.
>>
>>53627746
>Either way GW should clarify it in the FAQ

No, people like you should just

- kill themselves
- stop being stupid faggots
- stop being stupid faggots trying to cheat

Pick one, either, or, all
>>
>>53627862
>>53627820
Actually, clean that up a bit by saying that your opponent is now rolling your roll-off and you are rolling his as needed. That brings the true flavor of the nonsense.
>>
>>53627839
The first time is understandable but after that you should have learned your lesson and magnetized.
>>
>>53627780

Who the fuck said you couldn't or that they'd try and stop you. Literally a dumber faggot than the image of the stupid braindead bitch you posted who is literally the lowest IQ character in the manga and the butt of every other characters' hatred and/or disgust
>>
>>53627665
making us proud
>>
>>53627790
>2 attacks
>bolt pistol for free
>needle pistol that wounds all non vehicles on 2+ at 2 points
>can take a fucking thunder hammer
>power swords are 4 pts
yeah they're pretty solid
bonus points for sticking them in a valkyrie and only having to charge 3 inches
>>
>>53627844
>>53627850
I am now forced to take two extra terminators that I don't need and didn't want and have my oblits as a single unit, and my rhino costs twice as much for no reason. 22 points for a chainfist wtf? I knew I should have magnetized those terminators.

cultists had their tax removed which is nice, but the price per model was increased. It balances out on small units.

I don't know if icon of feel no pain works the same as it did before, but I am guessing that it won't.

Lords lost access to pretty much everything and seem kind of pointless now?

Also I really liked the formation that let you deepstrike helbrutes to make up for not having access to drop pods, but that's gone now too, so looks like my helbrutes get to sit on the shelf this edition.
>>
>>53627897
> Power Swords on s3 models
> Not power mauls
Do you even want to wound MEQ?
>>
>>53627906
> Rhino costs twice as much
> Hellbrutes sit on the shelf

Have you looked at the movement, wounds and toughness of your vehicles yet? Give them a chance; they may surprise you.
>>
>>53627906
Read the new rules you silly fucker, you're wrong all over the place and don't realize how your stuff is way better than it used to be
>>
>>53627906
>and my rhino costs twice as much for no reason
So you completely missed 10 years of "let berzerkers assault out of Rhino"
>>
File: 256567486153.jpg (19KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
256567486153.jpg
19KB, 500x375px
>>53626883
>cool setting
>decades worth of fluff to get into
>popular, thus easy to find clubs and one-off games
>massive tournament scene
>gorgeous models (mostly)
>satisfying large scale battles, feels like an actual wargame compared to the cheap shitty knockoffs like warmachine
And I do think you're underestimating the skill cap, though I can understand why you'd think so just by looking at the rules. There is a significantly noticeable difference between good and bad players. Clever movement and positioning is a huge factor, far more than an on-paper analysis would lead you to believe.
>Winning is almost entirely about list building and the luck of the dice.
Admittedly luck of the dice plays a role, but figuring out the likelihood of different outcomes in your head is an important skill to develop in order to become a better player. It is possible that the dice will disproportionately screw you or bless you, but you're generally throwing enough dice that things work out about how you'd expect them to, and having to take into account that things might not go your way is part of the skill of the game.
As far as winning during list building goes, that was most definitely the case in the previous few editions, but changing that is a huge part of what the newest edition is all about. The overhaul of the core rules means the disparity in power between a highly optimized list and someone just taking whatever they think is cool has been greatly reduced, thus knowing how to play the game well will generally be the deciding factor going forward.

Having said all that, I would gladly play a more autistically detailed war game if anyone actually played any of them, but I've never seen or heard of anyone playing a single game of Flames of War or anything in my local tabletop community, and google turns up nothing in terms of local clubs for that kind of thing. It's all MtG, Pathfinder, and Warhammer, for the most part.
>>
>>53627906
>I don't know, but I am guessing.
That's a pretty good TLDR.
>>
>>53627906
Giant squads of chaos termies are awesome now. Do you even Warp Time?
>>
>>53627906
>Weh, my stupid cheese formations don't work anymore

Termies have had their roles changed to be more in line with the stompy death machines they are supposed to be instead of the strange termicide manner in which they were used

Stuff like FnP are rarer across the board, not just CSM

Lords buff your dudes attack rolls, okay we don't have daemon weapons yet but chill, they'll return with the codexes

Helbrutes are fucking amazing now, wtf are you even smoking
>>
>>53626883
>I've been pretty unimpressed by the system in comparison to a lot of other tabletop wargames
Then play those.
>>
>>53627906
Anon, actually play the game before you talk about it. This is not 7th, there practically different games. Rhinos and now twice the cost because they're amazing, having them cost 35 points would be game breaking.

8th is not 7th, most every unit is viable, the armies play like the fluff describes, melee is good, etc. what may seem weak from your 7th mindset is strong as hell in 8th
>>
>>53627906
Man Helbrutes are just absurdly better now. You're too caught up in a 7th ed. Mindset. Give it some games.
>>
>>53627948
but then what would he have to complain about lol
>>
>>53627960
>>53627945
>>53627943
>>53627941
>>53627927
>>53627925
>>53627912
>>53627945
>>53627957
>all this salt over someone who wasn't cool enough to get their hands on the rulebooks two weeks early
jfc wtf 8th isn't even out yet and normal plebs like me aren't going to know anything unless it gets discussed which is why I am asking
>>
>>53627961
Other systems.
>>
>>53627980
The leaks are literally in the OP. It's your own fault if you haven't read them yet.
>>
>>53627960
I don't even own any Helbrutes, having taken an extended break early in 7th ed since the game started getting stupidly bloated, so I need to fix this. Scourge + cannon seems the way to go, I just hope that the Emperor's Children 'dex allows for Blastmasters as a ranged weapon option
>>
>>53627980
>baww my army is shit
>no it isn't
>baww wtf how was i supposed to know my army isn't shit

Return to whichever site you came from, Homo Erectus
>>
>>53627980
Rules are in the op fucktard, have been for days now.
You have nobody to blame but yourself, especially since you choose to speak about things you don't know about. You, with no experience, decided to talk about 8th. Talk shit, get hit.

But really, don't judge it without playing it. It may seem like stuff is bad, but in reality this is the best and most balanced edition GW's ever made
>>
>>53626329
Besides common sense and reason, refusing to play with a fucking WAAC cheeselord faggot would probably stop that. Store owners should ban that shit if it ever happens.
>>
File: sdfasgfgafsdg.jpg (78KB, 230x519px) Image search: [Google]
sdfasgfgafsdg.jpg
78KB, 230x519px
>>53626323
thnx m8

so riddle me this guys:

Is there a point to taking 2 battalions for shit ton of CP or will 1 battalion be enough (IG player here)
>>
>>53628015
If you're playing guard you should be taking a brigade.
>>
>>53628015
You need to have a good army for the CP to be useful, don't stretch yourself too thin
>>
>>53627986
>>53628005
>>53628009
>gw apologists in their natural habitat assemble to attack anyone remotely skeptical, not even critical, of 8th edition
>>
File: 1422341401298.png (59KB, 580x356px) Image search: [Google]
1422341401298.png
59KB, 580x356px
>>53627907
>Get +2 to wound but +2 on save
I mean, it's technically a little better in that one specific situation, I guess.
>>
>>53628019
shit, i meant to say brigade
>>
File: sctoland.jpg (131KB, 615x782px) Image search: [Google]
sctoland.jpg
131KB, 615x782px
>>53627466
Must be scotish
>>
>>53628025
0/10 too busy reading the good new rules I literally do not give a fuck what you think
>>
>>53628031
you cared enough to give me a (You)
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 500x534px
>>53628025
>everyone disagrees with me
>so naturally everyone else is wrong
>>
>>53628026
I feel like attacking t4 and t5 targets isn't a rare enough thing to just discard, especially massed how Acolytes can be.
>>
>>53628025
>It's not my fault I'm not special and haven't seen the leaked rules!
>They're in the OP you idiot
>Look at all of these GW apologists!

Just download the leaks and look through them, then come back.
>>
Hey guys, I am starting 40k afresh, building a small marine army.

Is Legion of the Damn objectively good for armor assassination? Since they can teleport in willy-nilly and can pack 2 meltas, and they stay around for the rest of the game.
>>
>>53628048
>and t5 targets
Mauls are worse at this than swords assuming armor.
>>
>>53628059
Assuming a strength 3 model and a 3+ save? I'm mostly thinking there's going to be a lot of Death Guard to face soon.
>>
>>53628048
>>53628059
Minisculely worse, I add. Looking at the wound/save roll alone, 27.8% for a sword and 25% for a maul.

>>53628070
Yes, T5 with 3+ Sv. Funny enough, if T5 with 4+ Sv, swords and mauls are equal at 33.33%.

It's because against T5 with S3, a maul only gets +1 to wound while a sword still gets -2 more to saves.
>>
>>53628093
Fair point. I just think the mace works better aesthetically, and I'm a hopeless WYSIWYGfag
>>
>>53627624
>>53627638

I started nids and I am a normal functional adult who enjoys outdoors, with a job a postgraduate and a loving girlfriend. Will I fall into autism as soon as I field them?
>>
File: 1491721403203.gif (344KB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
1491721403203.gif
344KB, 400x221px
>>53628025
>implying the new rules require an apology
>implying anyone who points out that you're retarded is a shill
>>53628044
>implying that (You)s make you less stupid than you are
>>
>>53628145
Apparently
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 212x200px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 212x200px
>>53628140
>I just think the mace works better aesthetically
Literally exactly how it should be. This game is about doing what you enjoy, and the differences between the two really are minuscule. Pic related is a quick sheet I drew up since my last post - again, it only looks at To Wound & Save, doesn't account for hit since it's assumed to be the same for each.

My only real point was to not rip on the other guy for liking swords. For once they have a pretty good array of strengths and weaknesses and even then aren't that far apart anyways.
>>
File: succ.png (350KB, 419x747px) Image search: [Google]
succ.png
350KB, 419x747px
the fuck, Geedubs? Why would someone play a successor chapter now as long as they don't have their own characters?
>>
>>53628161
Welp I guess the government will give me some sort of extra pay so I can get new gear. Fucking cams man are fucking expensive as shit
>>
>>53628180

For fun
>>
>>53628180
Why would Azrael be showing up in your successor chapter anyway?
>>
>>53628145
>Will I fall into autism as soon as I field them?
Yes. Before you know it you'll be writing swarmlord/haruspex slashfic in your basement while masturbating to pictures of fruit flies.
>>
Example:
ghostkeel is shot by boys from 18 inches away.
Boys have bs5+
ghostkeel gives -1 to hit and drones add another -1 to hit, do boys suddenly have bs7+ and therefore cannot hit the suit?
>>
>>53628180
Just use the Dark Angels faction key word for game purposes, but paint/name your army however you want.
>>53628190
>what is counts-as
>>
could someone add a table of content to the leaked pdfs? Scrolling 150 pages to find an entry for unit X is not quite fun
>>
CSM players, how are you guys planning on getting the most command points from the detachments as possible? Personally having trouble figuring out which FA related units will work past my 10 bikers and heldrake.
>>
File: Capture.png (177KB, 574x350px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
177KB, 574x350px
>>53628180
>in days of old they told you you could play named characters in any chapter/kabal/regiment/etc if you wanted and encouraged you to come up with a new name and cool backstory to explain him
>now this
It's like they're slowly forgetting what a Creative Hobby is.
>>
Rate my list:
Tau 1250pt Outrider Detachment
HQ:
-Commander w/2*Fusion Blaster, Shield Generator, Drone Controller. 131pts.
-Commander w/2*Fusion Blaster, Shield Generator, Drone Controller. 131pts.

FA:
-Tactical Drones: x10 Gun. 80pts.
-Tactical Drones: x10 Markerlight. 100pts.
-Tactical Drones: x10 Markerlight. 100pts.

Elite:
-Firesight Marksman. 24pts.
-Firesight Marksman. 24pts.

HS:
-Sniper Drones x6. 108pts.
-Sniper Drones x6. 108pts.

Troops:
-Strike Team: x6 FW w/Pulse Rifles, 'Ui has a ML, 2x Gun Drones. 67ts.

Comes out to 1247pts, all Outrider slots full.
>>
File: 0189487461565.jpg (35KB, 296x400px) Image search: [Google]
0189487461565.jpg
35KB, 296x400px
Does anyone else think a price drop alongside 8th edition is the last piece Games Workshop needs to finally kickstart Warhammer into a new golden age like it had when 3rd came out?
>>
>>53628208
Heldrake isn't a FA option anymore, it's a Flyer

I'm planning on taking piles of Raptors, though I'm still dicking around with unit sizes. Blobs or MSU is the question
>>
>>53628199
Seems to be, I can't see anything that either caps or auto succeeds a hit roll.
>>
>>53628218
Morale is going to fuck you in the ass. Those drones are Ld 6 nigga
>>
The 10 model limit for transports and the 5/10 model limit really gets on my tits.

If I want to put a character in a rhino with some terminators I can't unless I throw away 50 points and get rid of a terminator. Disgusting.
>>
File: lol.png (162KB, 566x299px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
162KB, 566x299px
>>53628190
because they are all still a legion? Or because they are working together.
Ah, by the way, why should Girlyman even try to change the chapter structure? Why does Geedubs even write that sentence? And what are the dictates of the Ultima Founding? Include Primaris dudes everywhere?
>>
File: Capture.png (326KB, 510x613px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
326KB, 510x613px
>>53628217
And yes, even SM got the "Just B urself dood" treatment.
>>
>>53628237
You can't put terminators in a rhino.
>>
>>53628217
Sounds more like a balancing tool so you can't just have 500 named characters, some are mutually exclusive
>>
How great/dumb of an idea will it be to send mobs of storm boyz to get in fistfights with airplanes, as a substitute/supplement for shooting them with guns?
>>
>>53628252
Land Raider, same thing
>>
>>53628222
They can't. There's an agreement with their stockholders they won't lower the price - it's why they've had to make bundles like "Start Collecting" and "Skirmish" and "Genestealer Assault Claw". Technically new product/boxes, so they can do new prices.

They can't dodge everything that way, and trying would get the new CEO voted out so fast you'd think it was an 8e game
>>
>>53628237
terminators are for deep striking bro
>>
>>53628261
Funny you mention that, since I can literally form an entire army of named characters in 8th - gaining CP all the while thanks to Supreme Command Detachment - and it's all fine because they share the faction Imperium.
>>
>>53628264
Ork unit gets zany/unrealistic interaction with the rules
>lol orks amirite so awesome xD
Other unit gets same interaction
>bullshit rules from GW, burning my army
>>
>>53628199

I thought 6 was always a success in the same way that a 1 is always a fail.
>>
>>53628218
Forgot drone squads go up to 12, not 10. Drop two strike teams to bump all the 10-drone squads up to 12, slap a pair of ML drones on each commander. That comes out to a total of 90 drones, 2 commanders, 2 firesight marksmen and five very confused fire warriors.

>>53628233
Oh, I fully expect this list to suffer from many problems, such as 95+% of my firepower not understanding that the closest enemy is not always the most important enemy to shoot. But yes, coordinated fire will cause some morale issues for the drones. However that works.
>>
>>53625743
The core system was perfectly functional, albeit with a lot of quirks. I don't think the core rules for 8th are necessarily better. Putting the effort they put into making a new system into making the old one better would have probably resulted in a better one than what we got.

What was horribly, horribly broken in 7th edition was the codexes. They were utterly terrible.
>>
>>53628245
I fuckin hate Ultramarines and their douchy leader now.
>>
>>53628270
Sucks for them. I know so many people who would love to play but either can't afford it or just don't want to pay their absurdly high prices.
Everything else is perfectly in place. Good new rules, a fresh start for the game, FLGS having events and picking up monthly tournaments again.
The timing is perfect for them to make the prices more reasonable.
>>
>>53628207
I actually prefer using the jpgs for this exact reason.
Captain Unhelpful, away!
>>
>>53628282
I mean, space marines already have weapons specifically designed for punching tanks, so I can conceive of some assault marines jump-packing up to a low-flying air vehicle with intent to smash it in a similar way.
>>
>>53628309
Buy your way onto the Board and tell them. The GW Board of Directors, more than Matt Ward or Cruddace or anyone else, are responsible for the sad state 40k was in.
>>
>>53628245
>why should Girlyman even try to change the chapter structure
I mean, he technically made said "chapter structure" in the first place. If anyone has the ability and right to change it to account for things he was unaware of in M31, it's that guy.
>>
>>53628237
You can take a squad of 4 terminators, but you have to lie and say you don't have enough actual models for the full squad, and pay the points for the nonexistent 5th terminator.
>>
>>53628367
He still won't be able to put any of them inside a rhino.
>>
>>53628270
I guess they'll get around that by just not increasing the prices?
>>
>>53628309
The Start Collecting boxes are pretty good value, there's been a bunch of people locally getting into either 40k or AoS from them that wouldn't otherwise be playing
>>
>>53628270
so what if all anons buy their stock; then 4chan dictates the price
>>
Help a newb out with his first list.

2x 5 man Intercessor squad (Generic Tac Primaris) 20ptsx10= 200pts
1x 5 man Hellblaster (Plasma toting Primaris) 17pts+20ptsx5 = 185pts
1x 5 man Sniper scouts 11pts+4ptsx5 =75pts
1x 3 man Interceptor squad (Assault Bolter toting Jump-Packing Primari) 15pts+45ptsx3= 180pts
1x 5 man Legion of the Damned w/ 2 Meltas (Teleporting Tac Squad) = 169pts

That's... 809pts
I only have 101pts left for a generic HQ, so yeah. That's my army if I am going for a 1000pts game.

What is the glaring weakness you guys see on this list? What do I need to change to make it better? I somehow ended up with a marine horde list and I can't help but think I am doing something wrong.
>>
>>53628286
yeah but 8e also means that 7+ saves are available if you have a strong enough ap weapon
>>
>>53628270

But some things have gone down in price.
You're full of shit.
>>
>>53628422
So what, they're just gonna footslog?
>>
>>53628363
tell the Space Woofs to change the chapter, they probably die laughing
>>
>>53628015
Currently- zero.
CP is good for one reroll per turn.
So six will suit you easily.
Four is probably enough for game
>>
>>53628433
Primaris marines are harder to fit in a car than Terminators are, for some reason.
>>
>>53628433
Primaris don't have any transports currently.
>>
>>53628441
Obviously referring to codex-adherent structure, m80.
>>
>>53628433
...Yes, unfortunately, I can't afford a transport and they don't carry primaris since they are like, mini-termies or something.
>>
File: 1472713598052.gif (1MB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
1472713598052.gif
1MB, 300x165px
>>53628433
>>53628451
>>53628453
>Primaris marines cannot ride the Primaris rhino
kek

I know why, but still.
>>
Why the fuck is there only nids in the list builder?
>>
>>53628196
Holy shit, well I'll consider myself lucky I didn't pick Dark Angels. I saw the damage it can cause
>>
>>53628445
It's per phase you dingdong
>>
>>53628353
>>53628397
I suppose the fact that they're allowing 15% discounts from independent retailers again is basically a sneaky way to decrease the prices, as well.
>>
>>53628422
looks pretty solid if you get a reroll to hit of 1's trough a hq
>>53628433
that's all primaris can do at the moment anon
and there is no point in buying a transport for sniper scouts or lotd
>>
>>53625963
Guilly appoint him after Cawl makes possible for Guilly and Yvry to have healthy kids.
>>
>>53628462
WAACfags, that's why
>>
>>53628432
>But some things have gone down in price.
Like what?
>>
>>53627758
how u change it to points and not that power level shit
>>
>>53628472
Hmm... I should look into it
>>
>>53628507
button at the top, above "army book"
>>
>>53627758
where the fuck is Huron Blackheart?
>>
>>53628552
The listbuilder site is insanely incomplete. It doesn't even have the full Dark Millennium boxset,.
>>
File: 1470689071076.jpg (49KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1470689071076.jpg
49KB, 403x403px
>needing listbuilders
>>
>>53628540
oh yeah....
thanks
>>
>>53628578
Don't need them, but the pdf is shit and that saves me flipping pages
>>
Funny, my listbuilder is entirely complete

I call it "Microsoft Word"
>>
i've got the AM and the scion start collecting box

is there a good army that can be made from them, and what should i get next to continue my army?
>>
>>53628270

>They can't. There's an agreement with their stockholders they won't lower the price - it's why they've had to make bundles like "Start Collecting" and "Skirmish" and "Genestealer Assault Claw". Technically new product/boxes, so they can do new prices.

This is real fantasy stuff. I'm a shareholder, there is no 'agreement'. There was a statement a while back that they won't be aiming to use across-the-board price drops as a means of boosting sales, but that's just informing your shareholders of your sales strategy, and is perfectly normal.

On a more general note, GW have just released a trading update. Revenues are £158 million, up £40 million this year. Profits are £38 million, up from £11 million. This is their best year in forever, those are some astounding results. Shares are on a strong upwards trend at 1100 or so I'm very happy having bought in about a year ago at 520, and all shareholders will be over the moon. There is a less than zero chance of them making any changes in direction or cutting prices.
>>
>>53628476
Is it open source? Why do the other factions only have a single unit?
>>
Can I take all units in the space marines codex as <chapter Black Templars>? Like captains and apothecaries and so forth?
>>
File: Capture.png (197KB, 1034x140px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
197KB, 1034x140px
Why are IG medics so much weirder than everyone else's? Most medics just say "Recover someone's wound. If no one needs it, add a model back with 1 wound remaining."

Instead, IG gets this shit. How the fuck does this even work with a unit like, say, the actual medic in it. The Command Squad vets have W1 and their HWT has W2. So does the "unit" have a wound characteristic of 1 or 2? If only the HWT is dead, do I then bring him back at full because the remaining unit only has a wound characteristic of 1 and that's what it tells me to do? If the HWT is alive and full but one vet is dead, am I not allowed to bring the vet back? If a HWT squad is missing one model but the other two are full, can I not bring back the missing team to one wound like all the other medics?

This is the biggest clusterfuck, especially for a faction known for half its squads having mixed wound characteristics. Hell, I don't see any rules in the BRB on how to handle mixed characteristic units anymore anyways.
>>
>>53628598
Stuff you like.
>>
>>53628598
Eldar if you don't mind buying used, fire sales should be coming in any minute now.
>>
File: Capture60.png (81KB, 490x121px) Image search: [Google]
Capture60.png
81KB, 490x121px
>>53628638
Better then the orks one
>>
>>53628628
>Is it open source?
No.
>Why do the other factions only have a single unit?
Because that's what was revealed by GW.
>>
>>53628636
Everything but psykers.
>>
File: Capture.png (679KB, 1341x460px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
679KB, 1341x460px
>>53628638
Normal medics with very straightforward rules in comparison.
>>
>>53628578
saves me transcribing every item into Excel, the guy's doing good work and with the added granularity and un-rounded points cost it saves tons of time. Will probably be rendered completely obsolete in a couple of months when Gdubs releases their own though.

>>53628628
it's one mans pet project, he's doing god's own work so be a little patient
>>
>>53628604
>This is real fantasy stuff
>I'm a shareholder
You got that part right
>>
>>53628604
there is a noticable drop in June... did everybody buy stock around January as the new edition came up and then dropped the shares just now because everybody feared the worst about 8th edition?
>>
>>53628598
Really another AM start collecting box if you want to continue with a Guard army. Your best bet is to decide what type of build you want to run and go from there or see what units and models appeal to you.
>>
>>53628665
Maybe, but at least it's straightforward. And you get the FNP roll on the wound you might accidentally cause the guy you're healing.
>>
>>53628665
IG can heal or resurrect a 1w model on a 4+

Orks give 3" 6+ FNP, and heals D3 wounds on 2+
>>
Can i mix sponsons on bane blade?
>>
>>53628638
I see no problems there. An Apothecary automatically heals 3D6 or has to roll a 4+ to revive. Given that humans are more fragile, this fits.
>>
>>53628705
why would you? If you're running without infantry shielding, go flamers, if you bubblewrap take bolters.
>>
>>53628705
>each
Nothing says you can't.
>>
How are Deathwatch looking in this edition? Good or bad?
>>
>>53628208
As a TKsons player- what are these "Fast Attack" you speak of?
>>
File: 1470973025938.png (39KB, 237x225px) Image search: [Google]
1470973025938.png
39KB, 237x225px
So far I love the edition but...

I swear I'll manage to fuck up somewhere with a piece of wargear that's mandatory but foget about it when building a list.

I'm honestly tempted to play narative just to skip this part.

Case in point, build a mono sister's list, but fogot all about having to pay for Celestine's backup dancers swords.
>>
>>53628604
I was just looking at the stock prices and kicking myself for not buying in when 8th was first announced. I just didn't have faith that GW was actually capable of delivering a quality product that people would actually want, since they've consistently failed to do so for over a decade now.
I could've used the profits to buy my dream Ork army :(
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 2000pts.jpg (834KB, 1800x2248px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 2000pts.jpg
834KB, 1800x2248px
What do you think of this list?

(the list builder didn't have berzerkers so I had to improvise)
>>
>>53628208
Spawn all the way. 3 spawn = 99 point FA "tax"
>>
>>53628719
I have only 1 pair of sponsons with hb, i'll try to rebuild them into flamers, or convert new sponsons with flamers.
>infantry shielding
Negro, bane blade is shield. I can just bully anyone in melee and if needed fall back and unload artillery.
>>
8E- Aggrievant here.
Would rather play a grimdark wargame than a shiny lasers and heroes wündergame.
There's a reason I didn't buy into AoS and I want the right to vote with my wallet.
>>
>>53628716
The problem is the lack of clarity. They literally do the same thing, except with a very unclear unrestriction. Just like the apoc, the IG medic can heal wounded models or return a slain model. The difference is, it only returns a slain model "if the unit's wound characteristic is 1." This would be fine and clear (if odd) if IG wasn't chalk full of units like the medic's own Command Squad, which had W1 vets and a single W2 HWT. Ditto to vets, infantry, etc.

So for example, a vet squad will always be recovering a slain model from a medic unless they purchased a HWT, which introduces a different wound characteristic. Or maybe it still revives slain models because the majority is W1? It isn't clear. And in that same squad, if the HWT is dead, the unit has only a wound characteristic of 1, so clearly it revives a slain model - in this case, the HWT, I guess, which shouldn't work and does he come back with only 1 wound left or full? Must be full because it simply says bring him back.

And in HWT squads themselves, it's baffling that nothing would be done if 1 base is dead and the other two are fine. More baffling though is the previous example. "Yeah, I can easily revive dead vets, but WHOA MAN, you have a HWT and a vet dead. I ain't helping you for SHIT!" Is that how it's meant to be?

The lack of clarity is the problem. There is no reason for that restriction, and great reason to rewrite how that restriction was even meant to work.
>>
>>53628762
Kek. I'll have another look when I'm done laughing
>>
>>53627780
My metal 4x scytal carnifex looks so damn small compared to the new generation nids.
>>
>>53628752
The Geminae are already paid for.
>>
>>53628474
Has anyone tried?
Are there no little han-babies running around in Commoragh?

Actually that kind of stuff seems exactly like something a Haemonculus would eagerly put his attention to.
>>
>>53628683

The stock started going upwards when they released half-year results which showed an enormous increase in profits. Sales have been on an upwards trend since Rountree started calling the shots. The blip in June was probably people cashing in when it looked like peaking, it's a small company so modest trading volumes can have a significant effect on share prices.

>>53628753

As things stand I've made a good order of magnitude more money on GW shares than I've ever spent on the hobby. I must be the only person on this board who's managed to make a decent profit out of playing 40k.

>>53628677

Don't get mad, get rich.
>>
>>53628734
Anyone?
>>
>Lootas higher in Power than Flash Gitz
>Flash Gitz higher than Lootas in ppm

What is meant by this?
>>
>>53628787
Ah neat. thanks mate.
>>
>>53628794
Upgrades are free in power. You pay for everything in points.
>>
>>53628794
>ever even looking at power levels
lmao
>>
How often does GW update the Bestsellers list on its webstore? I want to see what folks are buying.
>>
>>53628787
No, they aren't. Celest is alone and it costs 50 pts for each geminae she adds, with up to 2 max.
>>
Can you cast the same power twice if you do it as your soulburst?
>>
>>53628794
It's to represent potential points costs at max upgrades.
There's a reason Veterans are 6 power
Dozens of Meks or something maybe?
>>
>>53628820
Their wargear is already paid for, which is what we were talking about.
>>
File: Capture.png (303KB, 1431x376px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
303KB, 1431x376px
>>53628829
Ah, fair enough. Thought that was obvious.
>>
>>53628773
You're IG, man. Triage.
If the HWT has an injury, fix it. Corpses are priority 2.
>>
>>53628810
I've already had someone tell me power levels were better because "points are too much work and point levels aren't balance anyways".

It's going to be an interesting next few months.
>>
>>53628748
Bikers?
>>
Alright, so here's what I've come up with for my fast-attack Slaaneshi CSM list so far, for a simple 1250pts list:

Lord w/ jump pack, twin LC - 106pts

Lord w/ jump pack, twin LC - 106 pts

6x Noise marines w/ power weapon, blastmaster, 4x sonic blaster - 144pts

6x Raptors W/ twin LC, Icon, 2x plasma pistol - 139pts

Tri-las Pred w/ havoc launcher - 188pts

=1249pts

I maintain the immoral high ground regardless of how good the list is, since I am using six squads each of six members. I'm sure there's something in the rule book about style points, right?
>>
Anyone tried a first company SM list?
>>
File: 515676151898.gif (2MB, 275x206px) Image search: [Google]
515676151898.gif
2MB, 275x206px
>>53628841
>points are too much work
>tfw I lived long enough to see the day when addition is considered difficult
>>
>>53628828
I can only imagine it's spannas with full souped up weapons. Seeing as extra lootas are only 4 power.
>>
>>53628841
Let me set things straight then anon, AoS has the power level and points stuff as well. No one uses power levels in AoS and no one is going to bother with power levels in 40k. The only person who is going to push for power level is someone running an army with a ton of upgrades that would be too expensive for a regular points game and is trying to get the upperhand on you with that. Seen that shit in AoS.
>>
>>53628844
Looking good. Maybe switch a lord for a JP sorc to cast warptime on the raptors?
>>
>>53628850
gold
>>
>>53628862
free sex here
>>53628862
come ladies and gentlemen
>>53628862
>>
File: 880843_md-.jpg (45KB, 800x405px) Image search: [Google]
880843_md-.jpg
45KB, 800x405px
8th Edition and vehicles.
>>
>>53628872
fuck off autismo
>>
>>53628858
Hmm, not a bad idea, might need to drop a few points here and there to pay for him though - which is hardly a problem, I've splurged a bit
>>
>>53628175
how does it do vs t7 and t8? i.e. whacking vehicles

thinking about what to give my RR sgt
>>
> Farseer casts Guide in psychic phase, Soulbursts in shooting phase to cast Guide on another unit

Is this legal?
>>
>>53628879
Maul should be better.
>>
>>53628835
That doesn't resolve anything even fluffwise.

If a unit of vets has no HWT and is down a man, a medic will revive him. APPARENTLY if a unit of vets has a HWT (alive, well, totally 100% fine) and is down a man, the medic will say, "No, I won't revive that man. I have nothing else or better to do, but you have a single model that isn't W1 in your unit so I won't help anyone."

Or maybe that isn't the case. It's entirely unclear because there is nothing establishing what "a unit with a wound characteristic of 1" means. Does that mean majority? No? Then if only the HWT is dead, the entire unit has a wound characteristic of 1 and the medic WILL revive the HWT to full. This is RAW. However, it is also RAW that the same medic, if he see's a HWT squad down a man with the other two teams full, he will not revive that HWT because "the unit has a wound characteristic of 2."

It's damned stupid for one and offers no clarity to units with mixed characteristics.
>>
>>53626668
Orks are nowhere near the top. They are well below space marines. Possibly not the absolute worst, but 'orks are the new eldar' is very much a joke / meme / people being retards.

I'd say top builds at the moment are looking like tyranid speed assault with loads of genestealers and MSU marines with plenty of heavy weapons.

At the moment 8th looks more balanced than the game has been for years, but I remember how long the balance lasted in 4th-5th edition, so no great hope this will continue and there is certainly still some stuff which is stronger and weaker than average.
>>
>>53628844
Not sure about the points on your tri-las pred friend, i ended up with 202 for one without a havoc launcher
>>
>>53628879
Disregard >>53628900. Sword will almost always be better because of the AP, while the To Wound of the maul begins to equalize with the sword at higher T. Since vehicles almost always have high Svs, the increased AP will have more meaning.
>>
File: 1491640982544.png (80KB, 440x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491640982544.png
80KB, 440x400px
>>53628911
>he thinks orks being a top tier army is a meme
you're in for a surprise
>>
>>53628875
Shill.
>>
>>53628914
*Facepalm*

I'm an idiot, I only paid for one of the sponson lascanons. BACK TO LE DRAWING BOARD
>>
>>53628927
calm down tizzy
>>
>>53628922
Maul is wounding on 5's with 4+ save compared to 6's with a 6+. so 1/6 for maul and a bit less for sword. Equal against a land raider.
>>
>>53628914
>>53628938
I guess tri-las preds are now quad-las preds.
>>
>>53628945
I have no idea what you're trying to say, but so long as a LR is less than T10 and has a 2+ Sv, the sword and maul are equal, and if it is T10 or more the sword is unanimously better.

(1/6)*(4/6)
versus
(2/6)*(2/6)
>>
>>53628862
>>53628862
>>53628862
>>
>>53628911
Why MSU marines? They will get slaughtered in combat with their small unit size.
>>
>>53628945
>>53628968
>Equal against a land raider.
Oh, durr, that's what you said. Yeah, between T6 ands T9, at 3+ (or more) saves, maul is slightly better. At 2+ saves, equal. At anything T10 and above, swords are better.
>>
>>53628927
>I don't understand what an abstraction is
>anyone who does is a shill
you're literally a retarded person
>>
>>53628983
T10 is forts only, so not much of a consideration.
>>
>>53626846
Pretty much anything which used to have a large or better blast in an army with mediocre BS.
Anything which relied on ignoring cover, since most hordes don't give a shit about cover any more.
Torrent weapons.
>>
>>53628983
The toughest things we've seen so far other than fortifications are t8. Ironclads, Land Raiders, Baneblades, Big nid gribblies, all t8, and the only one with a 2+ has been the Land Raider
>>
Okay, let's try this again, with the ability to do basic addition engaged...

Fast attack Slaaneshi CSM, 1250pts

Lord w/ jump pack, twin claws - 106

Sorcerer w/ jump pack, force axe - 130

6x Noise marines w/ power sword, blastmaster, three sonic blasters, bolter - 140pts

6x Noise marines w/ power sword, blastmaster, three sonic blasters, bolter - 140pts

6x Raptors w/ twin LC, 2x plasma pistols - 129pts

Lascannon Pred (with all the weapons actually paid for this time) - 202pts

= 1245pts

Still maintains the fluffy 6 x 6 units numbers, which is nice
>>
>>53628670
wow that's awesome man thanks.
>>
>>53629014
fuck yeah noise cult assemble!
>>
>>53627113
>so long as it's half-covered by terrain, it gets a 2+ save
You also have to be inside or touching the terrain to benefit, which limits you a bit. There's no save for shots going through terrain anymore.
>>
>>53628993
Abstraction in a game that also does "power sword, power axe, power fist" isn't. Epic does abstraction. You know what else it does? It makes flanking matter.
>>
>>53629159
It makes the game so much easier to balance when every model adheres to the same set of core rules. Vehicles were objectively shit because of the trappings of the previous system. How do you quantify the possibility that someone might have a drop pod full of meltaguns in their list to take advantage of rear armor arcs?
Getting rid of measuring from the gun, armor arcs, and the chance to be one-shot for vehicles, as well as allowing them to have wounds and a save, were all great moves for game balance.
Go play one of your irrelevant autistic games if you're so into "realism" in your fucking miniature war games. I'm here to play a game, not obsess over which system has the most realistic abstractions.
>>
>>53628245
>Ah, by the way, why should Girlyman even try to change the chapter structure?

He's reworking the codex based on his experience during the Indomitus Crusade.

>And what are the dictates of the Ultima Founding? Include Primaris dudes everywhere?

Yes, there's also now an eleventh company.
>>
how are vanilla CSM lists compared to some of the legions like TS or DG?
>>
>>53629295
Good. The core CSM stuff seems really awesome. The daemon engines are all great now, rhino and land raider are amazing, helbrute is amazing, all sorts of units that core armies can take are great
>>
>>53628808
So then why aren't the Flash Gitz higher power?
>>
File: ZOGDIS.png (110KB, 790x843px) Image search: [Google]
ZOGDIS.png
110KB, 790x843px
>>53628794
Lootas include the cost of adding killsaws and kustom mega sluggas to the meks, because obviously that's the normal load out...
>>
>>53628638
how is that confusing
Say you have a unit with 10 guys
say you have 9 normies in there with 1 wound and a HW team with 2

A 1W guy dies and the HW team takes a wound

Medic says "damn nigga time to heal dat bitch", goes to heal that unit. The heal prioritizes models that have 2W aka. the HW team, since the heal first wants to top off any missing wounds. Once the multiple wound models are topped off, the resurrecting can begin
good job, it took you 2 turns to fill that unit back up
>>
>>53629749
if HW team dies, it comes back with 1 wound remaining
>>
>>53629749
>>53629815
That's not how it works for IG. That's how it works for SM and SoB. The unit must have a Wound characteristic of 1. There's no explanation for how units of mixed Wound characteristics work.
Thread posts: 738
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.