[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good system for space combat/dogfighting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Star-Wars-X-Wing-and-TIE-Fighter.jpg (205KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-X-Wing-and-TIE-Fighter.jpg
205KB, 1400x700px
What's a good system for space combat/dogfighting?
>>
Just play x wing
>>
I found that West End D6 Star Wars did space combat pretty well.
>>
>>53620065
None. There's too much geometry involved to be resolved quickly.
>>
File: 1487042090972.jpg (170KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
1487042090972.jpg
170KB, 750x738px
>>53620065
>space combat
>dogfighting

Pick one.
>>
>>53623191
wouldn't there be dogfighting in planetary invasion level since glassing the place you are hoping to stay isn't exactly the best idea?
>>
>>53623291

Fair point - but there is a world of difference between dog fighting and space combat, and I seriously doubt one system would do them both justice.
>>
>>53623312
As much as I enjoy playing submarines in space, some times you just want a cool animu or sci-fi dog fight in space with personal fighter craft.
>>
>>53623191
>I don't understand what Star Wars is
FTFY
>>
>>53623354

That's not realistic,so you shouldn't do it.
>>
>>53623373
Roleplaying as an Elf throwing around magic in a duel against a dragon isn't realistic, yet it is a thing that still happens in games.

If the tone of the game fits submarines in space, then sure maybe you should skip space dogfighting. But if it's soft sci-fi / science fantasy esque stuff, then reality was thrown out the window from the word go.
>>
>>53623408

If you're in space, you're playing science fiction, not fantasy, so your comparison is irrelevant. And in "science fiction", the science comes BEFORE the fiction for a reason. If you can't justify what you want to to with science - like the fact that dogfighting in space can't be a thing because physics - then you shouldn't do it.
>>
>>53623534
>no you cant do X because its unrealistic and you will have badwrongfun
>>
>>53623534
>I don't like X so I must spurg.
>He doesn't Space Opera.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_opera
>>
>>53623534
no, you can space fantasy. what do you think Star Wars is?

>>53620065
If you want a minis game the X Wing or Attack wing systems work. for roleplaying. Fuck dude, dunno.
>>
>>53623291
Nah, even modern airplanes stopped dogfighting ages ago. Everything is done with missiles now and they reach over the horizon. And that's when the plane isn't a drone.

But fuck it. Dogfighting has been successfully romanticized and it translates to cool gameplay. So just do it in space. And while you're at it, pull a BSG and let your fighters switch between banking like atmospheric craft and being able to do the Monty Python Maneuver like spacecraft.
>>
>>53620065
Traveller
>>
>>53623534
>i never heard of science-fantasy: the post
>>
>>53620065
palladium, aliens rpg, spacemaster
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.