[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Age of Sigmar General /AoSG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 44

File: eight lamentations.jpg (73KB, 521x800px) Image search: [Google]
eight lamentations.jpg
73KB, 521x800px
Eight Lamentations edition

>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Skirmish
>https://mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>https://mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

So we finally get a cover to Eight Lamentations book we've heard about ages ago
Is that a Chaos Dwarf in the back or is it Grimnir?
>>
first for new starter collections
>>
File: 1433098749941-2.jpg (135KB, 736x550px) Image search: [Google]
1433098749941-2.jpg
135KB, 736x550px
>>53617600
>want to order some things
>out of stock for weeks

Seriously, why is fucking everything in finecast out of stock? Did they run out of resin or something? Even a lot of the less popular plastic kits are out, too.
>>
>>53617954
Tell me about it. Was just starting to really get into my beastmen army and literally like everything except gors went out of stock.
>>
>>53617954
Most of their production capacity is going towards the new 40k edition.

the downside of doing most of their casting work in-house
>>
>>53617864
>first for new starter collections
I fuckin wish so
>>
>reading all new Battletomes
>Good quality mins on display, fluff text under each rule entry
>reading Seraphon Battletom
>Poor quality minis on display (prob done by that woman who's obsessed with Lizardmen) and no fluff text under entries

God damn. They're gonna do it again, aren't they? Gonna take years for 2nd Edition Seraphon Battletome. Also, once again, no novels with Seraphon bar that one Josh Reynolds wrote before he got semi-blacklisted by GW.
>>
File: IMG_1221.jpg (112KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1221.jpg
112KB, 2048x1024px
>>53619566
>blacklisted
>probably writes more for age of sigmar than anyone else
>literally wrote the book in OP
>>
>>53619597
Yeah, but he still got into shit and that was right after his Clan Pestillins book, so I guess he's gone off that idea. Also I said semi.

This is WHFB all over again. Lizardmen are at best antags to anti-heroes.

Guess I'll drop them.
>>
Hey Guys. I Just got the Sylvaneth Start a Collection Box. Got a few questions. First, it says Dryads can be fielded in groups of five, but every list I've seen has them in ten-twenty, even with pricing for groups of ten. What's with that? I also don't know what to build the treelord as, and there's a ram Head kind of thing in the Dryad sprues that look neat, but have no idea how to use. Any ideas? Thanks.
>>
File: BranchWraith3.png (413KB, 300x624px) Image search: [Google]
BranchWraith3.png
413KB, 300x624px
>>53619676
1) For matched play, 10 is the minimum unit size for Dryads. Matched play minimum unit size overrides the warscroll.
People play them in groups of 20 because they get a buff at 12 models, so 20 Dryads will stay buffed for a while.

2) Can't go wrong with a Treelord Ancient, since it will be in most lists, but then you would have 2 heroes and one unit. I built my first treelord as a regular treelord, since I like the unit, but most people only use Ancients or Spirits of Durthu.

3) The ram head is just a bit of decoration. It also fits on the dryads as a head just fine
>>
What book do I need to read to get the background info on the races that survived but aren't yet updated?
e.g. Free People, Dispossessed and the like
>>
>>53619639
Yes please do, you're an embarrassment to lizardfags everywhere with that defeatist attitude, go play stormcasts or chaos if you need your faction to be the center of attention in each novel.

I don't know why you think him getting in trouble for freelancing on his personal blog had anything to do with what he writes in material edited and published by BL.
>>
>>53619804
Grand Alliance books have like, a page each on them, but it is barely anything. There isn't much in the way of lore for any of them yet.

The book that come out around the time as the last Warhammer quest game is probably the best, but even then that has very little.
>>
>>53619867
Oh, OK, thanks.
>>
I get that it may be too late to complain about this, but what the fuck is with the first rule of one? I understand that some unique spells need to be limited but at least bolt and shield should be castable multiple times. I really don't get why was this rule necessary.
How do you feel about this so far?
>>
File: Settra_Rules.jpg (320KB, 1000x1283px) Image search: [Google]
Settra_Rules.jpg
320KB, 1000x1283px
>>53617600
Soon
>>
>>53620257
It, along with the magic system as a whole, is my primary issue with Age of Sigmar. Most wizards already have a severe lack of spells to use. What should we do? Limit their choices even more, of course!
>>
>>53619837
Centre of attention for each novel? Mate, Lizardmen got ONE book in WHFB era. And they were antags to Thanquol. In AoS they got one and even then they were 3rd, with Stormcast and Skaven being first.

Fuck you, I just want some novels who aren't Stormcast.
>>
>>53620257
I hate it. The problem as I see it was people doing stupid stuff like stacking multiple Mystic Shields onto units for 2+ Saves or something like that. That problem is just as easily solved by not playing assholes. without writing it into rules that then handicap everyone else.

If nothing else, I definitely think you should be allowed to ATTEMPT spells multiple times. Nothing like having a "pool" of 4-6 casts in a turn and one guy failed MS, guess everyone else will just sit with their thumb up their ass for a turn? Fuck that I want one of those other wizards to try it over again.

And I don't even play Seraphon, but specifically limiting Kroak in the FAQ when his spell has specific wording that it can be cast more than once just seems dumb to me.
>>
>>53620866
>I hate it. The problem as I see it was people doing stupid stuff like stacking multiple Mystic Shields onto units for 2+ Saves or something like that. That problem is just as easily solved by not playing assholes. without writing it into rules that then handicap everyone else.
Or just changing that Rule of One to say something like, "You may only cast one support spell of one type per unit," or something like that.
>>
Hush, you silly sandpupppet.
>>
File: cens.png (708KB, 509x642px) Image search: [Google]
cens.png
708KB, 509x642px
REMOVE LIZARD-THING
REMOVE SERAPHON
PATH TO third WITHERING MUCH-MUCH LITTERED WITH MARTYR-RAT AHAHA PROTECT PESTILENS yes-yes FUKc scab-tail lizards no good i spit ichor in the mouth eye of ur slann-thing VERMALANX aliv and mighty-strong wizard red-withering soon kill-kill all the StARdrake farm-patch aminals hahah
rEMOVE STARDRAKE pox-plague upon them. PRAISE CORRUPTOR
>>
File: 1484596589075.jpg (19KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484596589075.jpg
19KB, 240x200px
>TFW the only other Age of Sigmar player at the local GW is a complete piece of shit.
>>
>>53617600
>So we finally get a cover to Eight Lamentations book we've heard about ages ago
so what book is this? whats the story with it?

ive been out of aos loop for a few weeks because of the 40k hype, but i have never left aos
>>
>>53620257
>>53620866

The Rules of One stem from the fact that the General's Handbook was a band-aid to try and fix the game once it became apparent that they had to have some sort of rules structure besides "play whatever you own" if the game was going to survive.

The Ro1 make balancing easy. It makes the game worse but makes balancing wizards with more than one cast possible without them having to think too hard.

I play Tzeentch so I have been forced to learn to mostly work around it but there are times where it just straight up fucks me. That being said, I understand that they did just not have the time to playtest point values for high power mages.
>>
>>53621435
The best solution is each individual mage can not cast the same spell more than once (this is already a rule) and make it so identical buffs do not stack.

Fixes everything while still allowing ubermages like Kroak to chainspell his unique shit repeatedly due to his special rule bypassing the one cast per mage rule.
>>
File: Aayyy.jpg (29KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
Aayyy.jpg
29KB, 296x296px
>>53622987
>Someone who actually understands the GHB was slap-dash as fuck, good but nowhere near perfect and hurried out to save a shitty dying version of the game

You. i like you.
>>
>>53622987
It's interesting how you talk about how tzeentch is so fucked by the ghb, and yet they continue to be one of the top tournament armies

cry more. ghb rules are fine. rule of 1 for spells is fine. summoning is fine. don't count on them changing those 2 things in ghb 2, and I dont think they need to
>>
>>53623217
Tzeentch is one of the best tourney armies because of a non caster unit, the Skyfires. If you field a cheesy amount of Tzaangor Skyfires you do not need spells to get ranged damage. If you want your friends to ever play with you again in a non tournament setting you need to play something besides just Skyfires.

And I never said Tzeentch was fucked. In fact I specifically said I have learned to work around it. I said that OCCASIONALLY it fucks me. Not always. Read the whole comment next time.

As for changes, I expect none whatsoever. Nor should I. Spells are extremely strong in AoS if you know what you are doing. My second game (2000 points) against the Ironjaws player in our group I tabled him in without him ever landing a hit on anything but my first Pink Horror squad (and their derivitive Blues and Brimstones).
>>
>>53623217
>ghb rules are fine

You make Sigmar cry.
>>
So I'm wanting to expand my stormcast. I've got 10 hunters, 3 palladors, 1 aquilor, 3 raptors with birds, 1 venator, 10 judicators, 1 relictor, and 1 veritant with gryph hound.

I'm wondering if I should keep going with the (mostly) vanguard theme and get more of those units or expand in to prosecutors and palladins. Watchy'all think?
>>
>>53623876
A pure vanguard army is something you don't see much of and that's a shame. It's a cool theme and fun playstyle imo. Though, it's also worth saying that there isn't really any variety in what they do. I'd say stick with it until you get an itch for a different play style.
>>
>>53624329
I agree. I'm really trying to fill a niche here. My theory is that by the time they released, all the dedicated SCE players already invested in everything else. Because the vanguard as so different, you do kind of have to almost buy a whole new army. For me, as I'm just getting back in to it from when I dropped it at release, it's easier.

I think you're right in that I should stick with em. Another box of hunters, 2 more boxes of raptors (thankfully they're cheap af), and maybe another of palladors. I think that would give me an auxiliary chamber
>>
File: Fimir Battletome.pdf (61KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir Battletome.pdf
61KB, 1x1px
I know the formatting is terrible (I don't really know how to make pdfs so it's just a giant, messily typed thing), but any constructive criticism on this? My attempt thus far to make a Fimir Battletome, with various notes and edits.
>>
>>53622372
Try and get some of your friends into the game, I think it's more fun to play with your mates than strangers at a club/game store
>>
>>53622581

Here's a bit of a summary by Reynolds himself:

The book takes place in Ghur, mostly, though there are scenes in Shyish and Aqshy. The Eight Lamentations - of which the spear is one - are mystic weapons forged by the eight weaponsmiths of Khorne. One weapon for each realm. A spear for Ulgu, a sword for Aqshy, a mace for Chamon, etc. Each of the weapons possesses some of the characteristics of the realm whose substance it was wrought from, and, in the right hands, is capable of turning the tide of battle or possibly wounding a god.

The series itself is about the hunt for these mystic weapons, which have begun to reappear in the realms after going missing for several centuries. The weapons are scattered across the realms, either hidden or lost, and the various factions are in a race to claim them, hoping to use them to swing the war to one side or the other. The factions in the first book include the eight weaponsmiths of Khorne, who are in competition with each other, via their chosen champions, as well as everyone else; Grungni and his agents - a Gunmaster of Azyr, a Fyreslayer Doomseeker, a mercenary from Chamon, a warrior-priest from Ghur and a demigryph knight from Ghyran - who are the protagonists of the book; Neferata and her agent, Adhema; a Tzeentchian servant of Archaon; the Spider-God; and, last but not least, the skaven. The book also features numerous cameos and references to most every other AOS book I've written, and a street-level look at Excelsis.

Also, it seems that skaven may invade Excelsis.
>>
>>53627924
Holy shit it sounds awesome.
>>
File: IMG_2124.png (443KB, 648x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2124.png
443KB, 648x842px
Post your dudes! I posted mine in the previous thread but it was before I saw that it was on page 10.
But pleas feel free and tell me what you think of my mixed bag of chaos dudes.
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY
>>
>>53627947
It may also be a teaser of new freeguild models incoming. The gunmaster doesn't match the older models and in general current GW art is based around those.
>>
Does anyone have the new WD?? The only link in the OP with them was taken down :((
>>
>>53620723
The problem with Seraphon is that they're literally angels. They sit on their ass in heaven until Slanns summon them, and then they dissipate after the battle. They have whatever personality their slann remembers they had. And slann make awful protagonists. So you'd either have a book about 3rd faction fighting chaos and witnessing a lizardmen deep-strike, or from chaos perspective, about being beaten by digimons.
>>
>>53628447
I hope so. The toned-down XVIc look without skulls everywhere is quite cool- my biggest gripe with post-Perry empire was the skulliosis.
>>
>>53627924
Why don't they send the Stormcast to go find the Lamentations?
>>
File: ghb2 wishlist.png (49KB, 591x751px) Image search: [Google]
ghb2 wishlist.png
49KB, 591x751px
What are you hoping to see in GHB 2.0?
>>
>>53620257
>play against tzeentch
>all pink horrors can cast arcane bolt and mystic shield
No thanks
>>
>>53620866
>And I don't even play Seraphon, but specifically limiting Kroak in the FAQ when his spell has specific wording that it can be cast more than once just seems dumb to me.
It's dumb but Kroak is strong enough without it

The problem here is that they don't have a generic spell lore to customize wizards. 40k has a psyker table for each faction, they should do the same for AOS.
>>
>>53624329
>A pure vanguard army is something you don't see much of and that's a shame.
Because Hunters blow and Palladors are only good against mortal wound spam armies, otherwise they are strictly worse than dracoths and paladins

You need specific formations to make Raptors worthwhile, and even then it's only the Longstrikes
>>
>>53628947
WEll they had the fucking chance to fix them with AoS.

They had the chance to turn lizardmen into the Old Ones.
To make them have an evolution, loop around and become their creators, to try to set right what they couldnt do.

That wouldve been a damn good story.
The Old ones were also godlike in beeing, why did they have a personality and the seraphon can not?

What was the bit about the "Sunbloods" aka reskinend Gor-Rok? They are the "evolution" of Saurus?

Why cant they run with this?
Why cant they turn the "Seraphon" into this settings ancient Ayy Lmao gods who are basically the opposing force of chaos on a metaphysical level?

Give the Lizardmen personality by evolving them into something more than servants.

ITs easy, it practically writes itself.
>>
>>53629171
We have seen a Prologue for Seraphon

Like with the Stormcast releases the story for Seraphon is still in progress. Give it time, they'll flesh it out
>>
>>53629171
Because Slann are creation of the old ones. They can't re-create their masters any more than a dog can make a human.
>>
>>53629079
Because it's grungi doing a black-ops mission, Sigmar is likely to know jackshit about this. Josh Reynolds mentioned there's a kind of cold war amongst the gods currently.
>>
>>53629282
What the actual fuck? That sounds like "multilaser blood angels" level of Black Library bullshit. Far as we know Grugni left on amiable terms with sir thunderpants. The only Order gods which might be negative to Sigmar are Malerio, and Nagash, cause he's a bony cunt.
>>
>>53629207
IF they actually are willing to put that effort into it.

It appears that they are doing it with Elves. The prologue is them killing Slaanesh, then they will become something new.
For the LIzardmen i can see them doing it, but right now they arent giving them much of a story. They are there fighting chaos. What they need is a storyarc.

>>53629222
Funny.
Humanity was created by the old ones. And now a Human is a god, creating his own race of superior Humans.

The Skaven were a by product of Chaos. Yet now they have ascended their own idea to the status of one of the great Chaos gods.

The Slann have already ascended way beyond what they were in WHFB, they can now create Lizardmen from thin air, when before they did not even know how to fix spawning pools.

Im not talking about the Slann recreating the old ones.
I am talking about the Seraphon as a race becoming like the old ones.

I can see a memory of Tehenauin becoming Sotek.
I can see a memory of Kroq-Gar becoming Tlanxla
I can see Lord Kroak becoming Tlazcotl.

maybe not exactly those entities, but AoS equivalents of them.
Images by which the race defines itself by.
>>
>>53629312
No. Grungi has abandoned Sigmar for a while, going MIA and telling he can kind of screw himself. That was a thing already, if memory serves right, in either All-Gates or Season of War lore.
>>
>>53629312
My guess is that Grungni wants to study them, while Sigmar would most likely destroy them if he knew where they were
>>
>>53629344
I knew Grugni just wandered off after giving Sigmar the junk in Sigmarabulum, but I didn't read either of the two books.
>>
Not played in years. How are ogre kingdoms these days?
>>
>>53629385
Well, season of war isn't a book, just a series of notes and all stichted together from the community site (still lore that will be fleshed more come plague garden).
>>
>>53629434
Split into two main factions:

Gutbusters: All the guys on foot
Beastclaw Raiders: All the cavalry

Gutbusters are good enough for casual games. The Destruction Battle Trait gets them into melee range pretty quickly and their high Rend and Damage values make them powerful melee combatants.

Beastclaw Raiders are a dominating force in the game, both casual and competitive meta. They are very powerful, albeit with the subtlety of a brick.
>>
>>53629491
And with grand alliance, you can mix them both (or indeed any Destruction forces, like orcs+ogres) in the same army, so it's not like they only let you use one or the other.
>>
>>53629491
Since when do ogres have cavalry? Are gnoblar piggyback riders canon now?
>>
>>53629555
Since good few years ago? They've got a bunch of wooly rhino riders and mammoth-monsters.
>>
>>53629560
Imdredasting. I think I remember the new giant cannon chariot thing yes.
>>
What happened to the "high elves"?
I don't know lore-wise, but miniature-wise nothing happened...

In a nutshell?...
>>
>>53629335
>Humanity was created by the old ones. And now a Human is a god, creating his own race of superior Humans.
But anon, he can only make the bodies. He can't make new souls.
Unless he tried it the old fashioned way
Looking at you, Alarielle
>>
>>53629637
Nothing so far

The story hasn't gotten to them yet, but it will eventually

All we know is that the high elf gods Tyrion & Teclis captured slaneesh and are stabbing his/her belly to take back elf souls that s/he ate during the End Times
>>
>>53629796
"Stabbing belly"...sure. We all know they're busy making new, improved, un-neotere'd demon elfs.
>>
Okay, Josh has posted the blurb of his book on TGA:

In the beginning, there was fire. And from that fire came eight weapons of terrible power, honed to a killing edge by the chosen weaponsmiths of Khorne. Now, as the Mortal Realms echo with the thunder of war, the great powers seek to acquire the eight wherever they might be found, no matter the cost. In a city of prophecy and secrets, Grungni, smith-god of the duardin, gathers together a group of mortal warriors from across the realms in order to locate the first of the eight weapons. But they are not alone in their quest; agents of the Ruinous Powers search for the weapon for themselves. Now the race is on, as man, duardin and daemon alike seek to claim the Spear of Shadows...
>>
>>53628008
Awesome stuff Anon, I enjoyed reading it.
>>
>>53629165
Why do hunters suck and why are palladors effective against mortal wounds?

In my mind, vanguard as a whole require a slightly different mindset to play with. My hunters will be doing their jobs at flanking from the edges or grabbing objectives from the edge. Raptors are sexy, but hurricane raptors are pretty awesome if you grab them as a big unit.

Go 12 hurricanes in one unit and use a priest with lightning chariot to throw your 108 shots 24" away. Add in another priest for blessed weapons and give them another shot on 6's. Then I've got judicators to clean up their mess and a Venator with a luck stone to say fuck your hero
>>
>>53631246
>Why do hunters suck
Hunters suck because they are a middle ground unit stuck between Judicators and Liberators but with none of the good things about either of those units.

Worse melee damage than Liberators
Worse defenses than Liberators
Worse range than Judicators
Worse damage than Judicators

The best thing about them is their ability to deploy guaranteed on a table edge, but when they arrive they dont do any kind of meaningful damage.

>why are palladors effective against mortal wounds
15 wounds per 220 points
Dracoths only have 10 per 240/280

>hurricanes
So all you need to do to make them good is bring 4 squads of them, two priests and cast two prayers, one on 3+ and one on 4+, and then bring a hero with a one time use effect, and then another unit of Judicators to support them...

Vanguard units are ineffective. They lack the rend and mortal wounds to do meaningful damage and their defenses are lacking. Their best feature is their mobility, but mobility alone does not win games.

Longstrikes are the exception. They have carved out a niche for themselves in the Stormcast roster as an artillery unit. They excel in battalions like the Aetherstrike force that is dominating the competitive scene.
>>
>>53629111
>7 Pink Horrors
>Arcanite cabal
>Gaunt Summoner
>LoC
>Blue Scribes
That's 18 spells a turn, for probably about 40+ mortal wounds with unlimited arcane bolts.

Seraphon could also take 6 Slann Starmasters and pump out 18 arcane bolts.

There's a reason rule of one exist I think. Multiple LoC could each just crank out Gateway plus Bolt of Tzeentch and obliterate anything in range every turn.

5 Skaven Arch-Warlocks with 2 spells, 6 wounds apiece, 3+ saves, and an extra one off 5d3 against anything getting close to the deathstar. You get 10 Warpstorms hitting 3 seperate units for 20 mortal wounds each. Then Back it up with 12 Stormfiends as your battleline.
>>
>>53623404
You know demons with host duplicitous is top tier already, don't act like its just because of skyfires.
>>
File: 564825.jpg (90KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
564825.jpg
90KB, 694x530px
>>
>>53629122
40k wizards don't seem to have their own unique spells so their table with only three spells doesn't do much to alleviate wizard stacking. A Grey Knight army will have like 5 guys with the same spell.

It really only becomes a problem in AoS with corner cases when you have multiple wizards who multi cast every turn, or you have some other reason to take a wizard with a junk warscroll spell.
>>
>>53629103
since the purpose of the GHB is primarily to provide points for units in matched play I would appreciate it if the GHB 2 actually did a good job of balancing with a total overhaul.

IMHO right now the points balance is abysmal at best.
>>
>>53629637
they all died. in the end times of oldhammer literally all of them died. there were the incarnates who cam out the other end of the warp rift alive (Malekith, Alarielle, Teclis, Tyrion) but no one else survived. All the souls of all the elves got eaten by Slaanesh. Malekith and Teclis then captured Slaanesh and that's where the story ends.

Elves as they existed in oldhammer shouldn't even exist in the new setting because it contradicts GW lore on the subject.
>>
>>53632673
>A Grey Knight army will have like 5 guys with the same spell.
40k doesnt have a rule of 1 on Smite (the Arcane Bolt equivalent) so this is fine
>>
>>53631794
Good points. So what would be the best way in to expanding towards the stronger stormcast? I've mind to get at least 1 box each of [10] libs, [6] pros, and [5] paladins.

Is there a more effective way to go about that? Like would would two of the newer start collecting boxes be better and supplement with a box of paladins and like, 1 extra off ebay?
>>
A quick question, do I need to save points for blue/brimstone horrors if I want my pink horrors to split in matched play?
>>
>>53632901
Its not fine from a flavor standpoint, it still feel's bad. They could basically just take the all the spells from the Empire Battle Wizards and divide them up between the grand alliances or expand the basic spell list all wizards know to include the skirmish spells. When I'm messing around with list that are wizard heavy like Tzeentch or Gnarlroot Wargrove that do have their own 6+ lores I still feel like I'm taking filler on some of them. In the end the best option probably is to just make Arcane Bolt and Mystic Shield able to multi cast but that opens up some abuse potential I'm sure, but just how good spending 600-1000+ points to get 12-18 arcane bolts in a list is seems debatable. Tzeentch can essentially replicate something close to that and it seems pretty good.
>>
>>53633224
I would like wizards to have more spell choices, but spamming the same spell over and over is not good for the game

They can never design a cool spell because theyll have to worry about people spamming it
>>
>>53633139
Yes you do.
>>
>>53633081
The starter box and start collecting box go well together

If you find somebody to buy the khorne half of the starter from you then it's even better
>>
>>53633244
Thanks bud
>>
>>53633303
The problem is the older sprues. I LIKE MY LIBERATORS WITH SWORDS, DAMNIT.

But I probably will grab the newer collecting box as they updated everything but the paladins
>>
>>53633717
The start collecting box has standard liberator sprues with a bunch of swords you can use, the kitbash is very simple
>>
>>53632783
Oh, wow! :)
Could you point me to the book where I can read about elves' demise?

Why human still exist then? They ascended to the sky with our savior Sigmar?
>>
>>53633783
I meant the two player box. And the old sc prosecutors only had hammers. The new one has all the tasty bits
>>
>>53633807
Theyre not "old prosecutors", they are monopose models made specifically for the starter box

They always do starter boxes like this
>>
>>53629103
I like some of the 40k stuff, Casting Phase after Movement Phase and the Fight Phase mechanic that lets dudes within 1" of a model that is within 1" of the enemy attack. Translated to AoS weapon ranges it essentially would simplify it so you would always get double rank with 1" weapons and triple rank with 2" weapons.
>>
>>53634269
40k doesnt have command abilities so they dont have a hero phase so they dont have to cast before moving

40k only has 1" weapon ranges for melee weapons so it needs a rule about fighting in 2 ranks. Not necessary in AOS where weapons are 1-3"
>>
Skirmish question

If I bring 1 Liberator can be it a Prime and can it have a Grandhammer?
>>
File: khaine1.jpg (32KB, 452x400px) Image search: [Google]
khaine1.jpg
32KB, 452x400px
>>53633797
>the book where I can read about elves' demise
(pic)
>Why human still exist then?
they shouldn't exist either. The entire oldhammer world got literally swallowed whole by an unstable warp rift when Archaeon screwed with some left over Old Ones Technology.

The only ones who got out alive were the Lizardmen because they launched their pyramid spaceships into orbit before the warpstone moon crashed into the planet.
>>
>>53634370
youre wrong, some mortals survived by escaping into pocket dimensions

it has been suggested that there are still people alive from the end times in azyrheim
>>
>>53634406
>pocket dimension
(citation needed)
>>
>>53634454
>spoonfeed pls ;_;
read the end times you nigger
>>
>>53634327
I'd argue it is necessary, plenty of units only have 1" options so they can only get attacks in from about 10 guys despite wanting to take them in groups of 30. Even your 40 skeletons with 2" spears can't all get in, however the main reason I like it is because it largely eliminates measuring.

Hero phase after movement makes more sense to me, command abilities don't have anything to do with phase order and the way it is greatly penalizes combat magic compared to shooting.
>>
>>53634356
You need to have 5 already for 1 to have a grandhammer. Not sure about the Prime question.
>>
>>53634471
>read the end times
really? dude, I read them all cover to cover. The only "pocket dimension" was the one created for the elves by the last living elf god from the last cycle. Unfortunately it was only good so long as the chaos gods didn't discover it but spoiler:
the chaos gods located the elf hideaway dimension before the end of the last end times book and made it worthless
>>
>>53634454
Actually, there were inded surviving aelves pre-ganking of Slaanesh. Don't remember where I read it but a small group of survivors managed to make it to Azyr rather than getting nomed.
>>
>>53634475
>I'd argue it is necessary, plenty of units only have 1" options so they can only get attacks in from about 10 guys despite wanting to take them in groups of 30
Thats by design
>>
>>53634528
oh I don't disagree with you that elves show up in the new fluff. wandering around randomly doing whatever. The point is that its a total discontinuity from the old lore to the new lore for humans or elf mortals to even exist in the new setting.

but hey its GW so who cares, they can wave their hands and make whatever they want happen, why bother with continuity of the lore, no one cared about that kind of thing anyways.
>>
>>53634545
So its rule of one and everything else currently in the game.
>>
>>53634583
I frankly want to do as little as possible with ET. It was a mess.
>>
>>53633827
I mean... that's just semantics.
>>
File: 20170605_155108.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170605_155108.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>53634356
Yes and yes. Page 34. "One in five" means that you can only use another special weapon of you have 6+ total liberators, and only one may ever be a prime.
>>
>>53632531
>Rule of One would be unnecessary if people weren't assholes
>lol but then I could tkae XYZ and do unlimited MW a turn!

I feel like you missed the point of the statement I was trying to make.
>>
On a scale of good to unplayable trash how are the skirmish rules? Been looking for a low investment way to get some friends into wargaming.
>>
>>53636358
Pretty great, actually. It's basically just sigmar but with only a few models. They didn't make any wild rule changes and the scenarios are fun.

If you play a campaign, start at like 35 points instead of the suggested 25.
>>
What kind of lists would you refuse to play against, /aosg/?
I dislike armies that make no sense and are just a bunch of powerful units mashed together, like kurnoths with hurricanum, doomfire warlocks and some token battleline for example.
On the other hand, I'm fine with very strong lists as long as they are at least somewhat fluffy and well painted.
>>
>>53636604
>What kind of lists would you refuse to play against, /aosg/?
Nothing in terms of gameplay. I'm not autistic so I dont care if people bring humans and tree people together, and I'm always up for a challenge.

The only thing I won't play against is hobby nightmare armies. I refuse to play against bases with names printed on them to represent the units, or models without bases.

I played against a guy with 1000 points of unpainted ironjawz that weren't glued to their bases.

I don't care if it's unpainted or in subassemblies and missing a piece, but at least have the model put together enough so it can stand on the table.
>>
>>53627496
Sorry I did not respond sooner, this is not being ignored. I am eagerly reading this during breaks at work. So far my only criticism of it is the Mearghdaughter's ability 'More Captives For The Ritual. It seems too strong at a +4
>>
Hey /tg/, I am not going for a competitive list, but for a semi-fluff one, where the Moonclan grots have usurped dominance over the local greenskin tribes.
Will I have alot of trouble playing with this list?

Allegiance: Destruction

Heroes
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
Orruk Warboss (140)
- General
- Great Waaagh Banner
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)

Battleline
20 x Moonclan Grots (120)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
10 x Orruk Boarboys (200)
- Greenskinz Battleline
20 x Orruks (200)
- Choppa & Shield
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Bows & Slashas

Total: 1000/2000
>>
>>53634487
This isn't true. You can have one armed with a grandhammer. You'd just need to have 4 others not armed with one before you took another with one.
>>
>>53636869
Yeah looking at Corsairs and Harpies which were the vague inspiration, those are all on a 6. Easy enough fix though. Thank you for taking time to read it!
>>
>>53638845
I'd say make it a 5+. Slightly stronger than the other two's but not so strong as a 4+. I'll take a look at more and get back to you on it.
>>
So what went wrong about Skirmish? I don't see much love for it here
>>
>>53640701
There's plenty of love. It was just short lived is all. Skirmish is an entry vehicle in to AoS. The only difference is the model count and some interactions. While it is fun to play and easy to learn, as well as cheap, it's shallow. I find myself wanting to play bigger games. If you're on AOSG, you're likely going to find yourself in the same boat.

There are some new players on here and to them I say: if you're interested in AoS, play skirmish and see how you like it. It's cheap to play, fun, quick as hell, and a great way to build up.
>>
>>53634583
Okay the original book Age of Sigmar gave three origins for why there are mortals from the World-That-Was in the Mortal Realms.

>People that escaped into pocket dimensions.
>People that fought their way out of the realm of chaos and found themselves on the Mortal Realms.
>Souls bound to Mallus(the core of the WTW) that were resurrected by the sheer amount of hate they had for Chaos.

Mortals Elves were an exception in that they could be only found on Azyr, which terrified Tyrion. It implies that the only reason why there are elves at all in the Mortal Realms was because Mallus resurrected the souls bound to it and that all elves were indeed eaten by slaanesh.
>>
>>53637909
That's what I said.
>>
>>53636604
Doomfire Warlocks are an auto lose in AOS. 200 points for a unit a 5. 2 wounds each, 5+ save, abismal melee, no shooting. Has a chance to cast an okay spell.

They lost their invulnerable save from whfb.

I think whoever wrote their rules and came up with their points was bitter about losing to them in whfb where they had some good use.

I feel bad for the poor fool who would put them on the table in AOS.
>>
>>53634454
>>53634406
>>53634370
Battletome: Skaven Pestilens.

The Under-Empire got bits of it deliberately dragged into the Realm of Chaos. The bits of it that stayed together, including Skavenblight, are now part of the Realm of Chaos.
>>
>>53640701
It's just a ruleset for playing sub 500 point games. Everyone was expecting something a little more robust and imaginative like Hinterlands.
>>
File: 1487520607967.png (26KB, 123x108px) Image search: [Google]
1487520607967.png
26KB, 123x108px
dumb question, but with wounds and damage, does damage 'splash' to other models within a unit?

for example, if i did 1 wound with 3 damage against a squad of nurgles blessed plaguebearers, after failing the wound save, would one die and two damage be wasted, or would three die?

I assumed it was the latter but with the changes to 40k rules handling the same thing i thought i'd doublecheck
>>
>>53642991
From my experience a 3 damage attack kills 3 units. Maybe in AoS 2e (whenever that happens) might change it, but I'm pretty sure that most people play by the latter. I don't have any specific source though.
>>
>>53642991
Wounds splash in AoS.
>>
>>53641929
Think he's trying to say that you can have a grandhammer so long as the next 4 dudes you buy don't have one. Which is wrong.
>>
>>53643508
No, you're wrong. He's correct.
>>
>>53643508
'for every five models, one may take'
means of those five, one may take the item.
i think your interpretation would be worded as
'for every five models, one additional model may take'
>>
>>53629103
Mostly just to make the magic system more interesting. Modifying the Rule of One that limits magic, and adding a pool of spells per grand alliance.
>>
>>53643565
>>53643648
Think I may have gotten a bit lost somewhere along the line. I was under the impression that it was being said that it was ok to take one liberator and give him a grandhammer without having 4 other liberators. I said that's wrong because as I understand it, you need to have a minimum of 5 liberators before you can give one of those 5 a grandhammer.
>>
How can I beat my friends skaven list using Death? Keep getting my arse kicked
Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Thanquol and Boneripper (500)
- Warpfire Projectors
Verminlord Deceiver (320)

Battleline
3 x Stormfiends (300)
- Skryre Battleline
10 x Clanrats (60)
- Rusty Spear
10 x Clanrats (60)
- Rusty Spear
10 x Clanrats (60)
- Rusty Spear

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Total: 1480/2000
>>
>>53644218
Exactly. Alliance specific lores would be great.
>>
>>53647210
Allegiance: Death
Necrotect (100)
Tomb King in Royal Chariot (160)
Heinrich Kemmler, The Lichemaster (160)
50 x Skeleton Warriors (400)
- Ancient Blades
Mourngul (400)
Mourngul (400)
Screaming Skull Catapult (120)
Screaming Skull Catapult (120)
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 1960/2000
>>
>>53648981
Would be unfair against the Skaven army with that point difference.
>>
>>53634356
>>53634487
>>53637909
>>53643508
>>53643565
>>53643648
>>53644407

It is a pointless argument, since both interpretations are correct, going off what the book says. It needs to be FAQed.
>>
>>53649552
Sorry we settled on 2K its more like this

Leaders
Verminlord Deceiver (320)
Deathmaster Snikch (120)
Thanquol and Boneripper (500)
- Warpfire Projectors

Battleline
6 x Stormfiends (600)
- Skryre Battleline
10 x Clanrats (60)
- Rusty Spear
10 x Clanrats (60)
- Rusty Spear
10 x Clanrats (60)
- Rusty Spear

Units
2 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (120)
2 x Ratling Gun Weapon Team (160)

Total: 2000/2000
>>
>>53649690
There's only one interpretation, and it's the one on the war scroll:

>1 in every 5 models may instead be armed iwth either a Grandhammer, or a Grandblade.
>>
File: malekith-horz.jpg (120KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
malekith-horz.jpg
120KB, 900x506px
you guys think aelves are up next after the 40k 8th release window?
>>
>>53650890
I think we will see them with GHB MK II
>>
>>53644407
Negative. The former statement is correct from the wording we get.
>>
>>53650572
The problem is stemming from the fact that in normal play, you have a minimum of 5, usually. In skirmish, you ignore that minimum and "you can choose any combination of weapon options for models from the same warscroll [pg34]." But you can't go over the normal limitations, ie if you have 5 liberators, only 1 can be a prime and only 1 can have a special weapon. If you have 4 liberators, you can still have a special weapon and still have your champ model.

If this were not correct, I'd argue that they'd make you have a minimum unit to get your champ model too.
>>
File: 20170606_120253.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170606_120253.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Poorly lit but my first models painted for AoS and second little group of models painted ever.

Rest of the squad should be finished soon, another seraphon army is entering the fray!
>>
File: index.png (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
5KB, 225x225px
>>53651872
Looks good anon. More cute lizards are always nice.
>>
>>53651948
Thank you. Can't wait until I have enough done to actually play with.
>>
>>53622331
>Not clan skryre
>>
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FtAJN-m5RLw/WPQuY80FouI/AAAAAAAAM7Q/sbjI_yQPJec6EIzUM331zEka9XLfVMp9ACEw/s1600/IMG_8517.JPG

http://i.imgur.com/PNFIpwb.jpg

Guys, have you noticed this? Barak Zon connects with Nar to the west, as they both have the same swamps. Urbaz and Zilfin too, as they have moltania... has anyone tried to draw together the map areas and see if we got a cohesive whole?
>>
>>53651400
>I'd argue that they'd make you have a minimum unit to get your champ model too.

Skirmish rules specifically says you can take a champ from a unit type without needing to take the whole minimum size unit.

Taking champs from many unit types appears to be the best way to build lists in skirmish.
>>
Is anyone here or did you all get shagged by fantasyfags?
>>
>>53648981
>2 Mournguls
>Vortex

Yer buddy is a dick
>>
is it possible to run an entirely mounted stormcast army in matched? and if not bows or crossbows on judicators.
>>
>>53658325
Stormcast don't have any mounted battleline options so no. Judicators with bows are best. Crossbows are pretty cool though
>>
>>53655919
I know. I was saying this:

IF the logic is having the minimum number of 5 for options

THEN they would include an minimum for using a champ model

THEREFORE I argue that if you only have one model from a warscroll then it can be both a champ (lib prime) with a special weapon (grandblade).
>>
>>53655740
Since these are the only maps I only managed to connect those two parts, and made some guesses where the others would be. If anybody has more maps I would gladly glue them together(maybe in Blades of Khorne or Stormcast Eternals Battletome?)
>>
File: Chamon.png (2MB, 1682x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Chamon.png
2MB, 1682x1002px
>>53659348
*Forgot the glued map
>>
>>53659377
I'm positve they made an entire map but just for the sake of trolling gave us these bits.
>>
>>53651872
do the base rims black or steel legion
>>
>>53659925
Yeah the purple was a test. I think the steel sounds better
>>
>>53658783
There's no minimum size to have a champion though. It just says "1 model in the unit may be (Lib Prime, Veteran, w/e)." The special weapons specifically say "1 in every 5 models may have XYZ."

If it were up to me I'd make people wait to get the special weapons, but I doubt anyone will be playing much skirmish at my local GW anyway so it probably won't even come up. It gives you a reason to actually fill out a unit instead of having 5 different champions.
>>
File: Black Dragon.jpg (33KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Black Dragon.jpg
33KB, 873x627px
Can anyone offer some advice on how to paint pic related?

I've never done anything like reptile skin or dinosaur scales and spines so Seraphon painter advice would likely be helpful, but any advice really.
>>
>>53661723
That's true, it does. I agree with you on the incentive. The problem is that there aren't that many points in skirmish. It's hard enough to even come up with a hero and 3 models, and that's after raising the starting points to 35.
>>
>>53662731
drybrushing is EZ on dragon scales.
Block in the main colors with a brush then drybrush everything
>>
>>53635850
Tzeentch wizards with demon's is already a legit list that's fine as is, the rule removal would break it. Generally if you can break a system using a margin case it expresses an underlying problem with the mechanic in question itself.
>>
>>53662943
stop whining, it specifically says you have to fulfil the number listed in warscroll and fucking gives an example in Skirmish. You need 5 liberators total to have 1 grandhammer.You need 10 arknauts to have 3 special weapons.
>>
8th is turning out to be a real shit show and I really wish I had finished converting and painting my sigmar army.
>>
>>53643101
But it doesn't in Skirmish, since every model is considered as a different unit.
>>
>dont vist this general for months
>gw has still not released anything new
>>
>>53667219

Why? Haven't read anything about it yet...
>>
>>53667806
It changed a lot of things for sure, but it didn't actually streamline anything, and balance is just as all over place as it was before. It's different, I'd say better even, but not great. A lot of armies have their compositions, unit roles, and play styles totally changed. Personally one of the lists I was working towards isn't even legal to play in 8th, and even if it were, it would be completely ineffective.

Full points are even more detailed and granular before, and while power levels are much quicker and more akin to AoS points, because full points exist people will not play with power levels. It takes a really long time to make lists in 8th, longer than 7th even. A total departure from AoS where lists come together really quickly.

There is a lot of turbulence in the community over it. Anyone asking questions even just for information is seen as an attacker. I remember when AoS was still fresh people in these threads were very on-edge against the shitposts, but this is something else.
>>
>>53667774
Guess you missed the massive Kharadron Overlords release and the fun skirmish supplement.
>>
>>53667962
Nah the floaty dwarfs was when i left
>>
>>53668761
They were released a month ago.
>>
>>53669324
>>53668761
Last wave was in May, and we also had Skrimish+the new Battlemat (I consider that content). June will be about 40k obviously, but you can hardly whine about not getting enough stuff.
>>
Does anyone have the new WD and can share it?? Please...
Thanks
>>
>>53667927
>but it didn't actually streamline anything
Thats just observably false

There are lots of valid criticisms with 8th ed 40k but this is not one of them
>>
>>53669536
Has it been sent out yet?
Normally I get it a week early, but lately I have only been getting it a couple of days/on the day.
This time I am a full week into the month and I haven't heard of anyone getting it.
>>
Anybody has any more maps from the latest battletomes(Since Disciples of Tzeentch) I could use to try and patch up a map?
>>
>Still no sign of season of war for AoS
>>
>>53670431
You expect them to do that every year? How needy are you guys >>53667774
>>
>>53670535
I mean it just seems like it'd be pretty easy to do a campaign every year
>>
>>53670556
They're doing a 40k one this year.
>>
My wife is interested in getting started, and I have only really played 40k. Is the starter box set (the big one) a good buy and place to start?

What units would you recommend to add to each army? For the storm casts and then for khorne blood bound?
>>
>>53670844
The starter box is a good place to start

From there people usually add the Start Collecting boxes for each faction
>>
>>53640785
>While it is fun to play and easy to learn, as well as cheap, it's shallow
Yeah, that's the problem. I hoped that it would be played as a separate format with a bunch of funny rules and interactions - some RPG-like crunch
>inb4 Hinterlands
>>
>>53670844
Yeah, what this Anon >>53670855 said - Starter Set + Start Collecting is a great way to make two 1000 pts armies. You can also buy a Gorechosen box for neat tabletop game and extra Khorne heroes for your wife
>>
>>53670910
She wants to use 'dragons' so I figure she can start on Stormcasts. I'll run with knorne bloodbound. I like the look of the starter box for khorne.
>>
>>53670855
Have a good scheme or example of a mom-traditional colored khorne army? Painting Red isn't my favorite
>>
File: 20170517_204255.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170517_204255.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>53671044
black, brown, and bronze works fine

My bloodreavers have very minimal amounts of red but still look very Khorne-y
>>
>>53671127
>minimal amounts of red
all the armor is red dude.
>>
I'm thinking something like black & gold/brass. But I feel khorne armies are locked into those colors black/red sometimes.
>>
>>53671180
Not every model has armor. Some have none, others have 1 or 2 pieces.

I posed the models in a way to get as much red as possible in the photo
>>
File: 4XL.jpg (263KB, 800x620px) Image search: [Google]
4XL.jpg
263KB, 800x620px
>>53671044
Go with white
>>
>>53671495
That looks incredibly bad ass. How did you do this? What was your process?
>>
>>53671495
>>53671585
White spray, light wash then drybrush with creamy whites and final highlights with pure white? And a fuckload of blood for the blood god I reckon.
>>
>>53671585
>>53671610
Oh, that's not mine - just posted it to show you that you don't have to stick with red
>>
Forgeworld points got updated.
Mourngul is now 280 down from 400
>>
>>53671989
Say what now? That thing is only balanced by its high pt cost right now right?
>>
File: aos_matched_play_points.pdf (50KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
aos_matched_play_points.pdf
50KB, 1x1px
>>53671989
New FW points here
>>
>>53671989
Is there an article detailing this?
>>
>>53672102
Well that's a 180 points increase for Tamurkhan and a 40 point increase for his only useful battleline. Pretty savage.
They also increased the cost of the War Mammoth by 60. Does anyone here actually own that model? Or did you ever play against one? I'd love to see some pics
>>
>>53672230
It was posted on an official facebook page but removed shortly after
>>
File: IMG_2322.gif (1MB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2322.gif
1MB, 718x404px
>>53672384
Looking on there now
>Legion of Azgorh needs a buff
>LMAO LETS HIKE UP THE POINTS COST

Fucking who wrote this garbage, this is a joke right? Ironsworn and fireglaives went from 100 each to 160 to a 180. That's Fucking absurd
>>
>>53671989
Oh shit

Does the 'New' Verminlord have a pts cost?
>>
>>53671989
>Hey, there is this frustrating, overpowered model that is the only thing keeping an awful faction playable, what should we do to balance stuff out?
>JUST HALVE IT'S POINT COST LOL

Pottery
>>
>>53672556

Not bad i guess, i'll have to try him out
>>
>>53672689
See
>>53672548
They Fucked it all up so bad holy shit
>>
>>53672548
Either they've gone full retard or they're changing warscrolls for chaos dwarves and the mournghoul
>>
What reputable third party was supposedly consulting for the rebalance/balance of the points for GHB2 and 40K 8th? wasn't it the guys who run the LVO? if these changes >>53672102
>>53671989
are to be believed then I think this casts serious doubt on their competency.
>>
File: elf.jpg (15KB, 236x397px) Image search: [Google]
elf.jpg
15KB, 236x397px
>>53673686
>they're changing warscrolls
unless they re-write their FAQ to make it a requirement to always use the most recent warscroll (it currently says explicitly use whatever warscroll you want) then it wouldn't matter.

If they do change the warscroll FAQ then RIP elves completely. They're already sub-par at best and only that because they can currently tap into the old compendium warscroll synergies.
>>
File: IMG_2334.jpg (40KB, 800x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2334.jpg
40KB, 800x268px
>>53674505
False alarm it seems
>>
>>53674569
how much you want to bet those were actually the real new points costs and they are only pretending it was an "accident" because of the backlash?
>>
>>53674841
I kind of hope it was. Because it at least means FW realizes they'd be burnt at the stake for charging as much as they do only to make those armies unplayable because of asinine point costs hike
>>
File: rumor engine june 7th 2017.png (329KB, 580x578px) Image search: [Google]
rumor engine june 7th 2017.png
329KB, 580x578px
not much to go on with this one.
>>
>>53675095
new chaos warriors/marines
>>
>tfw you want to play free people's
>tfw no start collecting box
>tfw the old empire battalion starters are 200$+ on eBay
Why did GW do this?
>>
I want to buy pic related for Screaming Bell and Lightning Cannon for my Spire of Dawn rats. Which spare parts will be useful?
I know that I should put a Priest on the separate base and use decorative small rats as rats swarms. What else could I use? Is there any good using for monks for non-pestilens army or should I sell them? What about plagueclaw/plague furnace crew models?
>>
>>53676141
Start Collecting sprues have Screaming Bell and Cannon parts, r-right?
>>
>>53620866
this. If my first wizard unit fails a specific spell, let my second wizard (who also has it) get a crack at it...
>>
File: 1496522895323.jpg (90KB, 660x348px) Image search: [Google]
1496522895323.jpg
90KB, 660x348px
>>53675991
>be full depended on retail stores to buy shit
>have to pay 40-50% more in extra taxes if its outside the country, because retarded laws
>almost all free people is GW store only now
>>
Wrote a short story for my army, and was hoping I could get some feedback on it. I'll post the first few paragraphs here and link the full thing at the bottom.
---
Pren had never been a fan of stealth. Perhaps it was due to internal associations with cowardice, or perhaps it was the large orange mohawk sticking out of his head that made it a simply insurmountable task. He counted his lucky stars that the quarry of the day was potentially one of the few creatures stupid enough to confuse him for shrubbery going through an early autumnal change.

He idly ran a finger across his leg. Scar tissue acted as a strange gradient between smooth skin and the ur-gold runes hammered into his flesh. Those same runes adorned his axe, and even the large horn that lay against the rock Pren was crouched behind. He could smell the substance, the scent of his god Grimnir, and the faint waft of it emanated also from the few sparse trees that littered the sandy ground.

The tree revenants. Now they were good at stealth. Half a body of bark and leaf, the other half a humanoid form that flickered in and out existence like a candle close to extinction. They were of the Lastar Grove, sylvaneth warriors who had earned his Lodge’s trust and the craftsmanship of their weapons. Such a close relationship with the treekin had always chafed Pren, their culture of class and role so at odds with his of reward through glory.

His thoughts were interrupted as the ground began to shake, the vibrations increasing until the smaller grains of sand jumped in time with colossal footsteps. A shadow loomed over the fyreslayer, and as Pren looked up into a distant pair of beady eyes in a gargantuan face, he began to think that maybe giants weren’t as stupid as he first thought.

>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nNM6KDN8v7cW_XVX-2d-Cxbrh4JT3YWmI2PsqGOcHxc
>>
>>53676290
Yes, they contain the complete sprues. You could still make some stuff cool out of the spare parts though, like scenery, basing stuff. I hate getting rid of spare bitz, i find they usually come in quite useful down the line.
>>
>>53676456
>You could still make some stuff cool out of the spare parts though, like scenery, basing stuff
Oh sure I will but what concern me are spare skavens models. Have no idea what to do with monks - they don't seem to be useful to proxy non-pestilens units
>>
So hows the War Hydra/ Kharibdyss doing in Age of Sigmar?

My friend just gave me one to go with my order stuff, just wanted to know if its worth running
>>
>>53636358
pretty good, but shooting units are even more OP, which kind of sucks.
>>
File: Warlord 3.jpg (159KB, 731x850px) Image search: [Google]
Warlord 3.jpg
159KB, 731x850px
Call me an idiot but what weapons is this warlord carrying? GW warscroll builder allows you to pick Warpforged Blade or War Halberd or Pair of Barbed Blades or Barbed Blade. Don't see an option to pick a War Halberd and something else
>>
>>53676515
You could make the guy on the front a wizard, not sure about the little guys, do something fun with them
>>
>>53676666
Hydra is pretty good, it shoots, it regenerates and has decent melee. Kharibdyss not so much unless you have a bunch of dark elf pirates so you can stick it in a battalion.
>>
>>53676779
War Halberd + Barbed Blade, scrollbuilder is incorrect. And I'm gonna call you an idiot, since you could have just read the warscroll for this.

>[...]whilst yet others wield a War Halberd in one hand and a Barbed Blade in the other.
>>
>>53677081
>since you could have just read the warscroll for this
Welp, I did but builder confused me. Shame I don't see any option to report this
>>
My collection will hit a 2000 pts with my next purchase. I know it's not even a mediocre list but still I want to try have some fun with it. What traits and artefacts should I pick? Also should I choose a Skaven Warlord as a General? His command ability seems to be more useful

Heroes
Screaming Bell (260)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
Skaven Warlord (100)
- War Halberd and Barbed Blade
Skaven Warlord (100)
- War Halberd adn Barbed Blade
Warlock Engineer (100)
Warlock Engineer (100)
Packmaster (60)
- Shock-Prod

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (240)
- Rusty Spear

Units
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)
2 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (120)
4 x Rat Ogors (240)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Doomwheel (140)

Total: 2000/2000
>>
>>53677373
Are you the guy who said you were gonna get a doomwheel after seeing that picture?
>>
>>53677792
Yes and I fuckin mean it - gonna pick it next week
>>
File: Hello darkness my old friend.png (792KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hello darkness my old friend.png
792KB, 1360x768px
>Mfw not long ago aosg needed just a day to reach the posts limit
I know that a lot of us are also playing 40k and hype is strong but that's sad
>>
where the fuck do I find assembly guides for different models?

I bought a Hydra recently and it didn't come with the instruction manual
>>
>>53679516
there's a plebbit but unfortunately they didnt have a war hydra instruction, sorry dude.

It doesn't look to hard from looking at the sprue though, start with the main body and figure out which legs go where then do the heads
>>
Hey, I signed up for an escalation league. 500 points, +500 each month. I've never played AoS but wanted to make a Nurgle themed army that was mostly mortals. I bought the slaves to darkness box and a chaos lord, and am going to buy a nurgle daemon box.

Here's my current roadmap, let me know if you have any advice.

500: Chaos lord, 10 warriors, 5 knights

1000: Chaos lord, sorceror lord, 20 warriors, 5 knights, chariot, 10 plaguebringers

1500: Chaos lord, Sorceror Lord, Great Unclean One, 20 warriors, 5 knights, chariot, 20 plaguebringers, 5 putrid blightkings

2000: Chaos Lord, Chaos Sorceror Lord, Herald of Nurgle, Great Unclean One, 20 Warriors, 20 Plaguebearers, 10 Putrid Blightkings, 5 knights, 3 plaguedrones, chariot
>>
>>53680286
For 1000 I would go with Chaos lord, 10 warriors, 5 knights and full Nurgle Daemons Start Collecting (it has nice round 500 pts)
>>
>>53680897
I can't remove stuff though, and having the nurglings in there would put me 80 points over at the end. How would you adjust to deal with that? Turning 5 blight kings into nurglings + 100 points of something else could work.
>>
>>53680970
Aren't Chaos lord, 10 warriors, 5 knights 480pts?
>>
>>53681038
Yes.

Week 1 I'm at 480, week 2 I'm at 980, week 3 I'm at 1500, week 4 I'm at 2000 with the roadmap I posted. Adding nurslings and subtracting nothing else would put me at 2080 in the end.
>>
>>53681082
Then look at my post >>53680897 again - go with Chaos lord, 10 warriors, 5 knights (480) and full Nurgle Daemons Start Collecting (500). Maybe I just don't understand your problem - english is not my native language tho
>>
>>53681139
second week go with*
>>
>>53681139
Yes. The start collecting set includes 3 nurglings. As they are not part of my original roadmap, they would cost an extra 80 points that need to be removed somewhere. What do you suggest I remove?
>>
File: IMG_20170603_195320_661.jpg (3MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170603_195320_661.jpg
3MB, 4096x2304px
>>53640701
>>
People playing hinterlands were hoping that GW would just publish hinterlands as a legitimate thing.
People new to skirmish games are confusded why they can't build uber death lists of giant demons and summoning and rekk facce.
Older mordheim players will always want mordheim.

As someone who can't into numbers It's what i wanted.Something super simple that i can use to bash my converted minis around and play through adventures.
But then again i'm a gaming retard.
>>
File: 1484926741273.jpg (42KB, 419x528px) Image search: [Google]
1484926741273.jpg
42KB, 419x528px
Has anyone got any good fyreslayer warband ideas for skimrish?
>>
>>53681650
My problem is just how gimped it is in terms of team building. I wish we could use the full library of available citadel models
>>
>>53629335
>I can see Lord Kroak becoming Tlazcotl.
>Giving Kroak a nerf
y tho?
>>
>>53684293
But dude it's super easy to add new models to the lists.
>>
>>53679416
There's also the fact that this is exam period too and most likely a few are being inactive and, mainly, we've got no big news to talk about these days.

God, I'm wishing for GHB Mk II to arrive.
>>
>>53671989
>mourngul made cheaper
>infernal guard made more expensive
Go home forgeworld, you're drunk.
>>
>>53675636
I'm saying dark aelfs. That's the style of cloak dark riders have.
>>
at this rate it will be a full year before I actually get my army fully built, painted, and to the table

I honestly have no clue how I am going to transport it, but I suppose I should have thought of that before I started a army with such a high model count.
>>
File: 14969185976251648492742.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
14969185976251648492742.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
I fucking hate this model so much

Doesn't fit together at all shit is so retarded.

How am I supposed to fix this?
>>
>>53682070
Fyreslayers are great in skirmish, they're so damn cheap you can field loads of them and they do pretty well. You could easiely field 2 heroes and have 18 points left to buy atleast 6-9 guys to bring along seeing as the fyreslayers are 2-3 points.

Take a Grimwrath Berseker as they have lots of good stuff for fighting in lots of single targets.
>>
>>53688712
1. It usually fits fine. Either you have a defect (unlikely) or you didnt build the model perfectly
2. Green stuff
3. Liquid green stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbnPoq4kVdA
>>
>>53689023
Idk what else I did wrong.

I put the head onto the model assumingly perfectly as it has the two ball joints that i slotted in.

and then the saddle just would not go in well at all!

Sadly I am garbage with green stuff..
>>
>>53689140
>Sadly I am garbage with green stuff..

No youre not, you are just inexperienced and afraid of failure

Green stuff is very easy to use. Watch the video
>>
>>53689228
yeah the video shows filling in holes, not making an extended horn...
>>
>>53689256
Did you do a dry fit? Dracoths are un-intuitive and it looks like you made a common mistake
>>
>>53689304
I went along with the instructions and I tried a fair few some-piece dry fits and it still didn't really seem to go together the saddle just didn't seem to either go flush with the neck AND flush with the other side of the body.

I had it flush wit the other body first but then couldn't get the second half of the head to fit properly so then made it flush with the neck and now the horn is miles away
>>
We're doing a AoS Skirmish campaign at the store and I just signed up for it. Didn't really play AoS before, but I'm familiar enough with the rules and I read City of Secrets.
here's the thing: I'm unsure what army to select. With City of Secrets I am tempted to do either a stormcast team or a tzaangor herd.
Basically, help me pick an army for Skirmish.
>>
>>53690691
Both are cool and good

Which do you like more aesthetically?
>>
I bought some Flesheater Courts starter sets and have a question:
The leaders all have the ability to raise or replenish units. How does this work with matched play rules?
Assuming a unit of horrors loses 1 guy and I replenish it, no problem.
But what if a new unit is created? Do I have to pay for this in advance, like with summoning?
>>
>>53690822
>The leaders all have the ability to raise or replenish units. How does this work with matched play rules?
Rule of thumb:
Adding models to the table in any way always costs points.
The ONLY exception is adding models to a unit that already exists, and in that case you can't go over the unit starting size.
>>
>>53690791
Honestly, no idea. Stormcast have a very slick style and that strike-team at the end of CoS was cool, but the idea of a cackling horde of wild tzaangors is neat and I imagine they must offer a lot of potential for painting.
That said, I doubt I could ever expand Tzaangor into a full army, precisely because of that elaborate painting requirement. On the other hand, I don't want an army that everybody and their dog is playing, which makes me hesitant on sigmarines (I assume?).
>>
>>53690913
Well its a skirmish warband so it wont be a very big investment either way

If youre worried about doing something because its popular maybe you should reconsider your priorities in life
>>
>>53690691
>>53691138
If you're doing Stormcast and follow the 25 pts starting team in the book, then your option will be very limited, beause Stormcast hero are so fucking expensive.

So the only option for starting team is 16 pts hero + 2 liberators.

Get the Knight Azyros, he's 16 pts and is one of the best hero in skirmish.
>>
>>53679416
Dead thread cuz of hype and school, rip.
>>
>>53692049
To hell with 25. Start 35. 25 is garbage.

Grab the knight Venator instead as it IS the best hero is skirmish.
>>
>>53692622
>To hell with 25. Start 35. 25 is garbage.
Agreed
>>
File: hello darkness.jpg (72KB, 700x454px) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness.jpg
72KB, 700x454px
>spend an hour on removing moldlines on 5 clanrats
>35 are still waiting
Well, I think that I should have pick a more elite army as my first one
>>
File: Skaven-Leader.jpg (595KB, 948x1588px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven-Leader.jpg
595KB, 948x1588px
>>53694365
I somehow don't mind the time skaven stuff takes. Anything else is boring, but the skaven just feel like mine.
>>
>>53694780
I want a skaven battletome so fuckin bad. Actually any new rules or models for them would be nice
>>
>>53694365
you're going balls deep on clan rats. never go balls deep on clan rats.
>>
>>53694365
I think you are way overdoing it. Clanrats will look like a brownish mass anyway.
>>
>>53694992
>>53694365
because that's how you catch plague
>>
>>53695074
Not if you paint the cloth on their back in patterns. It makes mine look like nice and tattered rabble
>>
>>53629171
Ive been wanting to write a campaign book about the last remaining spawn pool in the realm of life. It was a secret til skaven lol
>>
>>53695079
>>53694992
They were cheap as fuck - I just couldn't resist
>>53695074
I'm painting mine brass, green and red/black - didn't want to end up with dark plastic blobs
>>
>>53689006
Cheers anon .
I really like them and want to get to converting.
>>
>>53695181
>>53695373
Point being, they're mass rank unit, more so than almost any in the game. You don't have to be ideal with the mouldline removal.
>>
>>53677373
Buy stormvermin and convert those warlords. One or both into chieftain. Then use verminus battalion for its perks and second crown of command

Mortars are meh.
>>
>>53696438
>You don't have to be ideal with the mouldline removal
Yeah, I know but I think it's good to have some practice on cheap models like clanrats so I will know how to use a knife and don't make anything stupid with more expensive models
>>
>>53694967
Pure skaven allegiance ability: when general dies the pick a skaven hero with a command ability hes now the general.
Note he doesn't gain inspiring presence ability

Now just need to convert old magic items from the old army books like the fell blade
>>
File: wfb_Skaven.jpg~original.jpg (81KB, 1000x944px) Image search: [Google]
wfb_Skaven.jpg~original.jpg
81KB, 1000x944px
>>53696995
I would be okay with some house rules for Aelves and Rats for freshness sake
>>
>>53697800
Speaking of aelfs.. A narrative list ive been eyeing

Dark aelf sorceress
Executioners
Sisters of slaughter
2x heralds of slaanesh on seeker chariots
Two units of daemoneetes
Unit of seekers
>>
http://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/september/spear-of-shadows-ebook.html

>part 1 of a trilogy
This better be fucking good
>>
>>53694992
Tfw you have 80 plague monks, a VLC, 3 plagueclaws, 3 priests and 2 plague furnaces as your first and only market.

FUCK YOU GW FOR PUSHING THE SINGLE WEAKEST ARMY UPDATE YET AS THE FACE OF THE RATS!!!
>>
File: IMG_5375.jpg (70KB, 550x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5375.jpg
70KB, 550x553px
>>53698065
>slaanesh WITH aelves
Pick one. The dark prince doesn't take kindly to disloyalty.
>>
>>53699023
*army

Fuck I hate phoneposting
>>
I really like the Nurglite-turned-Stormcast in the Hallowed Knight: Plage Garden preview.
>>
>>53699453
When AoS first launched and they were pushing the "forge muh narrative" I did a few things:

First was empire wizards who found and turned a necrosphinx (poor things :[ ) to their cause.

Then I worked on converting a bastilladon to have a warp lightning cannon instead of the crystal (Its been like 2 years and I still haven't done it...)

I also worked on converting rats to stormcast. Their eyes were glowing with sigmar's might and all that. Then I quit because it just wasn't fun without some sort of point system.
>>
>>53666634
>it specifically says you have to fulfil the number listed in warscroll

Like hell it does
>>
File: IMG_20170608_182136.jpg (41KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170608_182136.jpg
41KB, 800x600px
>>53699066
Lol why its narrative campaign
>>
File: 99120201048_MarauderHorsemen01.jpg (169KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
99120201048_MarauderHorsemen01.jpg
169KB, 920x950px
are horsemen with axes ever good?
>>
>>53622331
this
>>
>>53701607
Chariots are better
ASININE MORTAL
>>
File: 20170608_123532-1494x2656.jpg (454KB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
20170608_123532-1494x2656.jpg
454KB, 1494x2656px
Caw caw, bitches.
>>
>>53694992
>>53695074
>>53695079
>>53695181
>>53694365
Clanrats are fun to paint. And mine dont look like a brown mass at all. Green, cream and dirty metal and a lot of skin, since I decided at the time to only paint them with a small amount of fur. Something that I might do differently on my next rats, but then I'd use different fur colours desu.
>>
Quick question. Can unit champion be your general and pick traits? If yes, does the trait affect whole unit or only the champion? Wondering if I should use kurnoth hunter champion as general for fun.
>>
>>53706925
no
>>
Thin your paints, neaten up the intermediate colour bands and give it some shading and highlighting.
>>
>>53706925
>Can unit champion be your general and pick traits?
Yes

>If yes, does the trait affect whole unit or only the champion?
Just the general
>>
so elves going to be amazing when they come in AOS? I'm looking forward to the fluff mostly.
>>
Bringing an Aetherstrike force to a tournament meta I've never seen before

Should I bring a Heraldor or a Lord Castellant?
>>
Does anybody have a pdf or Epub of the latest khorne book, i dont think the mega has it only everchosen, also does anybody have the slaves to darkness one?
>>
So how do I get started in AoS? Can I really just buy the models I like and slam them down on the table or is that just marketing talk?
>>
>>53710201
You should assemble them first. Also have some dice and a measuring device in inches. The rules and unit stats are free.
>>
>>53710358
>assembling models
Shit I knew I was doing something wrong.
>>
>>53710201
Most people wont really care if you start playing with unpainted models, but it really is best to paint them eventually
>>
>>53711022
I more meant army composition and stuff. And also if every unit is actually viable or if there are some that are completely 100% trash that I should avoid.
>>
>>53711184
Honestly just play what you like the look of, its how a lot of players do it
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.