[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever played as or played in a game with a character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 2a5915aff24d280834468a89d6f87cb2.jpg (124KB, 736x1019px) Image search: [Google]
2a5915aff24d280834468a89d6f87cb2.jpg
124KB, 736x1019px
Have you ever played as or played in a game with a character who animated the dead?

How did it turn out?

Were you a mainly good party?

I ask this because I'm in a game where everyone except me are of a goodly alignment and the GM keeps throwing necromancy based spells/items at me and I must admit that I'm tempted to start using them.
>>
>>53611185
Learn White Necromancy.
>>
>>53611185
I once raised a Paladin party member as a zombie, the GM let him keep playing in control of his character but he had to roll a very hard will check to disobey anything I directly told him to do and he no longer had access to his faith based magic, so he kind of became a warrior. That was like mid way through a 6 month campaign. The GM made getting him properly resurrected a subquest but I kept trying to pull the party away from doing things related to it. Also he took stat hits from decaying every few sessions, couldn't gain xp/level (I could cast stronger support spells and stuff for him including some custom spells that effectively leveled him up though) and couldn't regenerate health/stam from resting, I had to heal him manually. At least he made a natural night watchman.

Eventually he did get to a proper healer and we revived him. He probably would have killed me immediately except for the GM told him that he had amnesia and no memory of his life as a zombie, but got pieces of it back in dreams and through talking with other party members.

I ended up leaving the party to avoid getting smote by an angry Paladin, who also left the party to hunt me down. So we had private, independent online sessions with the GM to track our adventures, eventually he hunted me down and we resolved things diplomatically.
>>
>>53611185
>Yes
>Tanky
>No, mostly neutral/evil leaning

I'm playing as a necromancer. Debuff-type necromancer, not reanimator-type necromancer, though I know animate dead and I keep spare onyx stones just in case. We're playing in Sigil where necromancy is forbidden so I had to be extremely cautious.

We defeated some big boss type, I decided he'd make a cool zombie, so for once I got the stones out. I convinced my teammates to haul him back to one other PC's parents' place, anointed him with something to slow down its aging (effectively, his body will degrade by one day in the course of one year), removed his organs to reduce risks of suspicious smell, and bolted a full helmet to his face.
Then I reanimated him in the other PC's bathroom, and threw out some of the towels.

We now have a big, slow, one-armed meatshield which cost me quite a lot of gold in defensive and detection-preventing measures, and we use it as a wall for our glass cannon team. Quality over quantity ; it's still my only zombie, and the DM is grateful for that.

The other players are not complaining, and I just hope they'll never give me in. We just pass him as some extremely dimwitted warrior who never leaves his armor, and we're careful when approaching temples.

Do something sneaky.
>>
>>53612003
Damn that sounds pretty great.
>>
>>53611185
my character always has a gaggle of skeletons around him
while most peasants were apprehensive of his skellymen, he is mostly neutral good and despite his arrogance means well and always tries to save the day

the rest of the party have come to trust his use of the all solving skeletons, and his (over)reliance on skeletons has become legend, with everyone joking that his skeleton army is used for every ache and chill on the world
his skeletons also carry him on a throne and act as stepping stones to keep his feet off the mud, since my character always wants to look rich
>>
a chaotic good vampire, not very good at necromancy but capable of doing so. my partey was often chaotic and no assholes. genraly we just helped where ever we were for some gold and a roof over our heads. we kept coming back to this one town and after effectively being the town heros, my condition was exposed and everyone barring one barbarian in my party turned on me. I was disowned and the only reason I wasn't lynched is because I had helped so much. that's how my chaotic good character became the next BBEG right hand man.
my first target was the town and my newly enhanced necromancy had me a new army of the town, the faces of my party when they realised was glorious
>>
>>53611185
Yep

Pretty Well

Indeed.

Oh, so, how it turned out...
We were pretty nice folks who solved other people's problems.
My character found a tome that included animate dead. We concerned, and it didn't fuck with the deceased's afterlife, so we would often use fallen foes (after giving them last rights) to move stuff, block doors, or return to innocent victims that what they stole. I also used it on party members a couple of times when it was the only person strong enough to carry a deceased PC who had bit it.
>>
Yes.

A friend of mine decided to run a Savage Worlds game, it wasn't really that serious from what it sounded like, it was a mix of sci-fi and fantasy and basically this god-tier NPC was railroading us between missions. So I made Jeremy the Neckbeard Wizard. Savage Worlds has great rules for large combats because there aren't any hit points to track, only a "shaken" condition and toughness. Also I found an "edge" in the Horror Companion that let me animate zombies as a starting character. So I took that for my first spell, and also gave myself a cone-shaped blast spell that dealt acid damage, with him using his bottle of Mtn Dew as a focus. Gave him Ugly and Obese for drawbacks. We killed a few generic spaceman badguys and I animated them as zombies, used them in a few fights. Was planning to take Teleport later on so I could get a katana and do the Nothin Personnell Kid routine. He was basically a collection of memes. One player mentioned god and I immediately said "God is a delusion!" I essentially tried to be as euphoric as possible. Game didn't last long and that might partly be my fault. But ever since I've wanted to play a necromancer in a real campaign. I don't even want to be edgy I just love the idea of controlling an army of skeletons and zombies in combat.
>>
Also played a character in my friends RISUS-type homebrew, same kind of railroading deal, I played a necromancer which he approved but then I was blocked from doing anything to collect zombies and kicked out of the guild, to the point where I ended up suiciding my character so I could play something else. So it definitely needs to be the right type of campaign for something like that to work.
>>
>>53612003
>He probably would have killed me immediately except for the GM told him that he had amnesia and no memory of his life as a zombie
Absolute bullshit
>>
I played as a morally grey wizard in a party of other neutrals and goods and raised the dead a few times a week. It was never my intention to learn those dark arts but tomes can be a mighty strong curiosity. The party wasn't happy but they weren't horrified either. I never killed anyone to summon an undead thrall but if there was a body lying around that wasn't seeing any use it would be a waste when we needed some extra meatshields.

They just made sure I never strolled into town when I could have had someone's loved one shambling at my side.
>>
>>53613273
Except it isn't, because that's how the spell works.
Way I see it he's lucky he even got to keep his character and stats.
>>
>>53613273
It was kind of GM fiat but I needed an out since I didn't expect him to get revived during that session. We found an enchanted fountain of healing in a ruin behind a false wall and everyone in the party except me immediately wanted to try to heal him. I tried to convince them that maybe the water would just damage him cause he's a zombie but one of them passed a lore check and figured that wouldn't happen. I convinced them to not expose what had happened immediately though, it wasn't until 2 sessions later that I fucked off after he started talking about his 'dreams' which the GM texted to him during every rest.
>>
>>53613273
Both player and GM just sound like That Guy. I hope at least you let him play a different character that whole time.
>>
>>53613273
I don't see why that wouldn't be possible.
>>
necros should be in more parties desu
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.