[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kings of War, where art thou?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: kow.jpg (118KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
kow.jpg
118KB, 600x600px
Whatever happened to KoW? I was moderately interested in the game around the time WHFB went boom, but I haven't really heard about it since and haven't even seen anybody on /tg/ talk about it.

Is there a scene? Does anybody play it? Is it even alive at this point?
>>
Is it a mini game? If so, that may be why it died off. Miniature wargames are just too expensive for what you get. So, it's no wonder that they are dying off. 40k was just a huge exception to the rule. It's all dying down to being niche even by /tg/ standards. Not sure what/if 40k is dying. I'm betting it will die off soon with 8th being as broken as it is and dumbed down even by 40k standards.
>>
File: exasperated.png (96KB, 580x571px) Image search: [Google]
exasperated.png
96KB, 580x571px
>>53597805
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>53597805
It let you use any minis you want as long as they're in the proper base size.
It even released a historical supplement not too long ago.
>>
>>53597848
You say "let". So KoW is dead? Has Mantic cut support? They still have all their stuff on sale online at least.
>>
>>53597675
Everybody realized that age of sigmar was just better
>>
I play it on at least a monthly basis at tournaments. Mantic at least still supports it. They are running a global campaign later this year.
>>
>>53597805
Are you stupid? Miniatures games have become more popular than they ever were, with Kickstarter helping a lot.
>>
>>53597675

It's not dead. There are still many players and tournaments. I would say that their PR could be more wide-reaching.
The rules are good, and if you own a WFB army you can play KoW. Together with the historical book you can have an extremely large pool of armies to play with. I have a Tomb Kings army and a Macedonian army, and I play both in KoW at my club.
>>
Its out there in some stores, you have to find the local groups though. Only one of the stores in my area stocks and plays KoW. Mantic just doesn't have the reach (or arguably the quality of minis) that GW has.

I've noticed niche games doing well in various stores near me though, particularly Malifaux.
>>
>>53597866
They've always let people use their own stuff.
>>
>>53597675
The Mantic threads evolved into Alternative Wargames General. There's not much fluff and the rules are too solid to support a thread with bitching about them, so it doesn't get talked about often. There's not much to do for people other than post their armies and wonder when new models or lists are going to come out.
>>
>>53598551
This. The game is solid, people play it, there's not much to talk about because army lists are solid and there aren't any wombo combo or leafblower lists to figure out.
>>
>>53598551
We can always bitch about the charged party never getting to attack.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.