[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guild Ball Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 20170603_122037.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170603_122037.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
Guild Ball Thread
>>
>>53597227
Love the artwork
Who is that?
>>
Solthecian Church (guild) for when?
>>
>>53597227
What is this? Sideways soccer with swords?
>>
>>53599740
More or less.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495868398690.jpg (51KB, 716x716px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495868398690.jpg
51KB, 716x716px
>post Yfw all of the Morticians fluff this season
It could have been great Tombstone.
>>
Are the Farmers Guild models cheaper than the metals at all?
>>
>>53601180
I don't believe we've heard prices for them. They almost certainly will be just by virtue of being in a bundle, though; the recent Hunter's bundle was $40 USD for 4 metal models, two of which were quite large. I suspect the Farmer's pack will probably be ~$50 USD for the 6 man starter and ~$35 for the 4 man expansion.
>>
File: Fixed.jpg (3MB, 2988x3984px) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.jpg
3MB, 2988x3984px
>>53597227
Whoops, looks like you posted that sideways. Let me fix that for you.
>>
Plastic or Metal ?
>>
>>53601922
Metal is simply better when it comes to details, poses, ect. in the context of Guild Ball models. All plastic has going for it are the prices.
>>
is still good time to try to get into GB? I mean I've been playing a lot with the idea of getting a kick-off box for a while now. but what I've read about how plastic miniatures while more resistant these don't allow more "dynamic" postures, I think I've heard somoene saying that the minis from the upcomming Blacksmiths are kind of bland in terms of postures.
my other options outside of GB are Malifaux, the walking dead all out war, and tanks! (Gale force 9), how does GB compares?

thanks
>>
>>53602210
The plastic models are definitely worse, but the gameplay itself is top notch. There are plenty of metal models you can choose from if the quality of the miniatures is an issue.

The Walking Dead and Tanks! are pretty different. Guild Ball is actually somewhat similar to Malifaux. Both are good games IMO, but Guild Ball is much leaner.
>>
>>53602210
If your concern is metal vs. plastic minis, the old guilds are full metal and are going to continue to get metal releases in the foreseeable future. They may some day switch over, that's not impossible, but they'll be metal for a while longer. Plus, you don't really want to start with one of the new guilds anyways; the design philosophy for them is a lot more obtuse and opaque and harder to play. The original 8 are definitely what new players should jump into.

I can't compare to other skirmish games, but I can say that the GB community continues grow around here. I'm excited for the future; I don't see this slowing down any time soon.
>>
File: SFGB03-018.jpg (17KB, 350x196px) Image search: [Google]
SFGB03-018.jpg
17KB, 350x196px
>>53602253
>>53602268
>plastic is worse
kind of a shame I guess.
another question, this type of packaging covers only players that do already exist (unlike The heralds of the winter moon pack), right?
>>
>>53602498
Yes, the 6 man starter boxes are just new packaging for old season 1 characters. SFG noticed that the Hunters 6 man box sold gangbusters and a lot of new players bought it, which was actually kind of bad because Hunters are so hard to play, and so they ported the idea over to the other teams.
>>
>>53602498
The starter sets used to be 3 models and you would need to buy another 3 to have a complete team. They're switching the metal starters to 6-man teams instead and getting rid of blisters.

New farmers are going to be around $50 and have a plastic goal post as well as terrain piece. New plastic boxes will also have cardboard tokens inside
>>
>>53602532
>>53602553
I like it, it helps to bring most of a guild into the table in one single buy. (also shipping expenses drive me nuts)

I still kind of worried for the new guilds being made of plastic but I guess beggars can't be choosers.
>>
best online shops for GB stuff?
>>
good night GB. maybe some other time we will have more luck
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.