[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me design my new Primaris Marines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1853.jpg (80KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1853.jpg
80KB, 1024x768px
Sup /tg/,

I'm getting in on the Dark Imperium starter set and I want to have fun coming up with a new chapter. Can you help? Here are the ideas I have:

A black hole features prominently in their chapter background. Either they got too close to one, are investigating strange transmissions from one, are exploring odd signals and metaphysical events that have been reported around it, etc. not sure what the fascination is there, but they have it.

I want to use pre-heresy thousand sons iconography and equipment. The idea here being that since the imperium refound grav tech and how to make huge boys, I figured it's not to far of a stretch to say they're also dipping their huge toes back into magic. Or maybe Tzeentch is havin' a giggle, and maybe they're thousand sons in disguise?

Color wise, I'm thinking black as it paints up easy, with a little Sotek green for color. Metals would be something like stormhost silver.

Thoughts? How could I improve on this chapter of new huge boys?
>>
File: IMG_1850.jpg (29KB, 229x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1850.jpg
29KB, 229x300px
I'd want to use the white transfers here on shoulders, knee caps, and the like.
>>
File: IMG_1851.jpg (61KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1851.jpg
61KB, 600x620px
I'd really like these helmets for them. The shoulder pads would also be good. Don't need the chests though, what with it not working on the Primaris Marines.
>>
File: IMG_1856.png (482KB, 889x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1856.png
482KB, 889x546px
Bump. I'd love to have some fellow fa/tg/uys input on this. Or if you have any stories of your own regarding making your own chapter that I should know about so I can avoid the pitfalls that others have fallen in.
>>
Ah, forgeworld of course has a lot of fun helmets and shoulders. I will post photos of progress as it develops.
>>
>>53595508
>avoid the pitfalls that others have fallen in.

Well first, don't break the magical wall your father has in the basement, then fucking tell someone when your brother starts worshiping the Dark Gods.
>>
>>53596129
Ha. I meant pitfalls when making chapters as players, but I like your take on it. "Hey let's make the Thousand Sons again. But like... Let's make them competent."

Or to avoid future heresies, they could be forbidden from communicating with anyone outside of their chapter for any reason.

Just this silent band of black armored space wizard marauders flying from fight to fight, abducting new recruits from planets as their ships pass quietly.
>>
>>53594286
>The idea here being that since the imperium refound grav tech and how to make huge boys, I figured it's not to far of a stretch to say they're also dipping their huge toes back into magic.

Actually, it's a huge stretch. Grav tech is something humans used to have. A technology that didn't cause many problems. Sorcery is something that regularly goes badly. Something that rarely goes well.

So you have two choices:
- They have a lot of psykers.
- They are trying to keep their sorcery secret because it getting out would turn large parts of the Imperium against them.

With the sorcery option, maybe they are constantly worried that they have betrayed the Emperor without realizing it. Constantly paranoid about falling to Chaos without noticing.

>>53596798
>they could be forbidden from communicating with anyone outside of their chapter for any reason.

Bad idea. They need to communicate to get the ad-mech to produce stuff for them. To know which side in a planetary civil war is the loyal side.
>>
>>53596944

Maybe they are forbidden to warn anyone for any reason?

Possible Chapter Motto: We come without warning.

>Have the magical gift of prophetic visions of what May come to pass.
>Honor sworn on fate of death to never warn. To never reveal.
>Feels bad, man.
>>
>>53597250
>We come without warning.

Dude, that's an innuendo waiting to happen lol.

Perhaps try,

>Without Warning, Without Fear
>We Strike Without Warning
>No Warning, No Respite

Or something a little less premature ejaculate lol.
>>
>>53597500
The premature ejaculation is a flaw in their huge guy geneseed
>>
File: IMG_1855.jpg (133KB, 850x1087px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1855.jpg
133KB, 850x1087px
>>53597500

I like 'No Warning, No Respite'

So they've got secret sorcery, are forbidden from warning others of impending danger/action/doom, and their background involves a black hole.

What's that background? Were they they a cadre of loyalist Thousand Sons scouts, pre burning of Propsero, who were on a ship that flew too close to a black hole, thus slowing down time for them?

So 10000 years later they escape the proximity of the event horizon, and figure out what madness is happening?

And since they were scouts, they weren't as all crazy with the magic and Tzeetch's teachings?

Or, are they a new chapter of Primaris marines, who have a socerous bend due to a geneseed anomaly, and as they started out doing... however/whatever it is Primaris marines do when they start as a chapter... that they happened on an ancient supply of thousand sons gear and ran with it?

Maybe something else?
>>
>>53597742
I don t see how they could be primaris if they were pre-heresy
>>
>>53597837

Well the original scouts wouldn't be Primaris. They would just roll up to Guilliman and say 'hey, we're looking for some new huge boys for our army that's totes loyal.'

So maybe the new chapter option or the currently unknown 3rd door choice.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.