[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online card games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: hearthstone.jpg (305KB, 1024x1440px) Image search: [Google]
hearthstone.jpg
305KB, 1024x1440px
What do you guys recommend in terms of battle cardgames online? I know Hearthstone is the favourite but I've heard recently about others like Shadowverse and Faeria and so on.

Any experiences with them you'd like to share?
>>
You'll probably be wanting to talk to >>>/v/

We're the physical card game guys.
>>
>>53592001
Krosmaga
>>
>>53592001
Best virtual card games? IMO Pokemon TCGO is top 1. You can buy everything with in-game currency, every physical booster/deck has a code for its digital version and you can trade your cards, packs and items with other players.
>>
Faeria is conceptually a very interesting game, but it's also plagued by terrible balance such that two of the four colours aren't played at all at higher levels
>>
If you tried Hearthstone and were continually disappointed by how much like MTG it's not, Eternal exists and is what you want to play.
>>
File: IMG_1510.png (2MB, 977x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1510.png
2MB, 977x1024px
S H A D O W V E R S E

It's in an anniversary event now where dailies give double rewards (low of 1.5 packs a day, avg of 3, max of 6). Starting June 15th we're just getting packs straight up to our inboxes.
You also get like 20 to 40 packs just for starting (8 more if you switch your language to chinese for a bit).
If you beat all the "expert" AI thats also another 20 packs. Another 20 packs for fighting 20 people in private matches.
And there will be a new xpack starting July 1st, its neutral cards based so you can make an all-purpose deck for classes you may not normally like to knock out dailies.
Did I mention we drown in free shit?

>Cons
Anime grills in just about every art work for the cards. May not be your thing, but its sfw (unless you dont want it to be...)
Game has yet to nerf any gold or legendary card, there are no limits to how many you have in your deck. Concerns over balance are mounting in the community as more legendaries get added. Thats a more long term concern though.
>there has yet to be a "class-less format" to make the memiest of meme decks
>>
>>53592001
hearthstone is pretty casual but can still be fun. Also the size of the community is great. Don't expect the game to be amazing though.

I tried faeria and it is pretty interesting, don't know about the community or high level meta though

Other virtual card games with interesting concepts are Gwent and the elder scrolls card game.
>>
Nobody gonna mention Duelyst? It's great at combining CCG and tactics and has an interestingly weird universe to boot. I'd actually love to play an adventure set in that world but then again, I'm a shill for backing it on Kickstarter.
Shardbound also looks quite good.
>>
>>53593343
Agree, Shadowverse's the most generous and beginner-friendly CCG out there, also it's pretty cool
>>
>Hearthstone
RNG fiesta. Can have some great moments but don't take it too seriously or you'll just get frustrated.

>Shadowverse
Interesting mechanics and class diversity. Terrible meta.

>Faeria
Not just a straight card game, it's got a board that your 'cards' move around on. Also terrible meta.
Duelyst is one with a similar board but I've not tried that.

>Eternal
Basically MTG.

>MTGO
Actually MTG. But the client is kind of horrible and it's really expensive.

>Gwent
Very different. You always play all your cards, you just have to play them in the right order. Can get stale quickly, but worth trying.
>>
>>53592001
Duelyst. Not only is it a card game but also a board game.

These guys sum everything up better than me though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGYWGcd_6uM
>>
>>53592001

Hearthstone is absolute trash. Insanely expensive, very non-tactical, only sells at all because it has the Blizzard name attached to it.

The one I have the most fun with at the moment is Eternal. Plays much like HS, but unlike HS, things you do in the game actually matter since there are almost no random effects whatsoever. Also much more generous, all non-legendary cards are extremely easy and fast to get F2P.

Shadowverse is an improved Hearthstone with weeb graphics basically, some additional card types and rules that prevent it from being mindless RNG-fest like HS. Has the added advantage that it's extremely generous, they give you more free shit in a month than Hearthstone has given in the entire time it has existed.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.