[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 30

File: 1476729850811.jpg (213KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476729850811.jpg
213KB, 600x800px
Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder, formerly /pfg/)

Topic question:
Aside from casters, how important are familiars and pets to your characters? Have they accomplished anything on their own or are they merely decoration?

Unified /pgg/ link repository: https://pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>53584415
>>
>>53587307
I love ALL the /pgg/lets!
>>
>>53587307
>Have they accomplished anything on their own or are they merely decoration?
They make my character feel better.
>>
>>53587307
I'd like to give a shout-out to all my /pgg/as for keepin' it real
>>
File: Paizo piggy.jpg (43KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
Paizo piggy.jpg
43KB, 500x376px
>>53587340

We should commission a mascot
>>
So PC classes are pretty uncommon in my setting. I threw out the normal spellcasting service rules by city size because they're dumb.

One of the consequences of this is wizards and other spell book using classes are uncommon. This makes a wizard's ability to find and add spells to their spell book more difficult. They will go to a large town, maybe find three wizards, two of them lower level than the wizard, and only two of the three is willing to exchange spells. Then if they want to branch out to other casters it becomes more expensive because they have to buy scrolls.

Overall it just makes things harder than magic item mart settings.

I have never had a player who didn't get enormously butthurt about it.
>>
>>53587378
On the one hand I understand the desire to keep wizards' power in check, but on the other it makes wizards very annoying to play, which isn't really a tradeoff.

You're dictating the wizard's build growth by your GM whims of what two or three spells they're allowed to have. That's not "organic character growth", that's "I guess all my abilities besides 2 spells per level are RNG".

Make a blacklist of problematic spells that a wizard needs to put in effort or straight up can't find, rather than a tiny whitelist.
>>
>>53587378
This is a dangerous sentiment to voice on these threads my guy, I salute you for being brave enough to say it though.
>>
>>53587447
Magic item mart settings are cancer. Settings where a character can walk into town and find any spell is cancer. You need to fuck off.

No really, magic item marts should fucking die as a concept.
>>
>>53587464

It depends entirely on the tone of the setting and the manner in which it's handled. If you're giving out wand versions of every spell with 50+ charges that refill after 8 hours you only have yourself to blame for giving it to them. That said, needlessly hamstringing the caster is also pointless
>>
>>53587464
Then go play 5e, because PF system assumptions are based around characters getting access to what they want at certain level points.

Unless you're one of those "Okay to upgrade your +1 sword to +2 you need to go on a four session sidequest, and then you can help the ranger upgrade their weapon with a new quest after that..." GMs.
>>
>>53587464
That doesn't mean he's wrong though. "Magic item marts" are cancer, but the Wizard having 2 spells a level and whatever two more spells that please your dick as DM is just annoying as fuck for the Wizard. At that point you may as well play a sorcerer. You're simply not implementing it well. If magic is so fucking rare, well, why isn't your player already a person of vast importance?
You also fail to understand this hurts martials immensely because of their overreliance on magic items.
>>
>>53587464
If I can pick up Glitterdust and Mirror Image and can't even find a single guy to teach my Minor Image or Snowball Flurry until I'm nearly level 4 then you should expect me to abuse the Polymorph class of spells and Planar Binding to hell and back. There's a point where Wizards can do everything and everyone else gets mad, and another point where the Wizard wonders why you didn't just tell him you wanted him to roll up a Cleric.
>>
>>53587378
>>53587447
>>53587464
Some more information.

Let's say people with PC classes make up .5% of the population. I would say that is reasonable.

Take a large town of 5000 people. There will be approximately 25 people with PC classes. There are 35 PC classes. On average 1, maybe 2, of the PC characters will be a wizard. Those aren't the only classes with books that work for spell casting. Magus, Alchemists, Investigators, and Arcanists do too. 5 of the 36. So let's round that up to 1/6. So that means there will be 4 people with a spellbook around for you to copy out of.

And likely if the PCs are level 5 or above then half of those 4 will be lower level than you. Even then not everyone wants to lend out their spell book. Not all of them will realistically have the spell you're looking for.

Magic item mart settings have no internal consistency often and are simply done to keep whiny wizard players from going ballistic.

If the player is heading towards a HUGE metropolis. Let's say 300,000 people there will be around 250 people with spellbooks you can use. You can probably find most of what you're looking for there if you spend the time and energy to make friends. That feels a lot more rewarding than walking into your nearest thorp to go to the spellbooks on wheels cart.
>>
>>53587504
>
Unless you're one of those "Okay to upgrade your +1 sword to +2 you need to go on a four session sidequest, and then you can help the ranger upgrade their weapon with a new quest after that..." GMs.
Don't be one of those fucking faggots that act like only two extremes exist. I'm arguing against settings where every time has a magic ikea, not ones where you can't find ANYTHING.

>>53587506
Magic isn't rare, PC magic is. Adepts make up roughly 5% of the population. Everyone knows a magic user. Not many people know a wizard.
>>
>>53587553
>Let's say people with PC classes make up .5% of the population. I would say that is reasonable.
It ain't, that's the problem. A Tavern Singer is Bard 1. An orcish Axe Warrior is Barb 3. At higher levels, sure - but at higher levels, your Wizard is himself so famous, knowing so many spells, that he's probably part of some cabal or Circle of Twelve or some shit. And even assuming it is true that makes the PCs special snowflakes immediately - and makes Clerics and Druids minor deities because ENEMY CASTERS only know like 3 spells a level.

>are simply done to keep whiny wizard players from going ballistic
Wrong, it's done to keep the MARTIALS from going ballistic because damn, they need that +3 Longsword of Speed more than the Wizard.
>>
>>53587553
>Implying DnD demographics make any actual sense from the perspective of game mechanics

DnD isn't a real life sim, many things are abstractions to help the game run smoother and more conveniently.

>That feels a lot more rewarding than walking into your nearest thorp to go to the spellbooks on wheels cart.

You know what feels even more rewarding?
Actually spending session time adventuring or engaging with the plot instead of making the rest of the party wait for the wizard network their way into getting Fly so the melee martials aren't fucked the next time they fight giant eagles.
>>
>>53587464
>>53587506
Speaking of Magic Marts, do you think they play the medieval equivalent of muzak while people shop? Like, is there a high level Bard sitting at each Magic Mart, busy playing or singing for customers?
>>
Oh man, talking about magic item marts, looks like it's time to post about my setting again:

>magic-mart marts do not exist
>the reason for this is that many items are far too expensive to be realistically kept in a store's inventory for any amount of time
>the best you're going to find is scribes, apothecaries, etc. who carry cheap and consumable items, possible cheaper noncombat common magic items like bags of holding
>if you want something in particular you have three real options
>craft it yourself
>find a skilled artisan to make it for you on commission
>go to a large city and attend a borger market
>borger markets pop up in large cities and consist of various groups trying to sell magic items in essentially a flea market style
>you'll have mercenaries, tomb divers, explorers, etc. go there and try and sell off what they don't need
>because often finding buyers for magic items in difficult attending borger markets to sell off loot is common for parties
>if you're not going to a borger market finding a buying to offload expensive magic items on often takes gathering information, seeking out patrons, etc. (sometimes governmental bodies buy up magic items for their armories)
>borger markets are full of bartering/trading/etc. since people who go often all have items
>crafting it yourself/finding someone to craft it will get you exactly what you want, but will take time/energy
>going to a borger market will get you instant gratification, but often you need to make due with an item that is only mostly what you were looking for, and you can come out of it not finding what you wanted at all
>combat magic items, like magic swords, wands, etc. are often tightly regulated by local lords/governments
>this means often either whose who make them or those who buy them need to get a license
>in areas where they are regulated often both legal and illegal borger markets crop up, legal ones being inspected that they're not selling contraband

(1/2)
>>
>>53587553
Your setting is obviously a severe re-interpretation of the entire setting, which is fine, but it completely unbalances the game. Fly being a spell every Wizard has as soon as he hits level 5 is a given to the game balance, which is why flying foes being a thing en-masse happens around CR5 - but under your system I may well choose Fireball and Stinking Cloud, and then my party is going to get shit on when a flier comes along - but I don't care, because Fireball exists.
>>
>>53587362
You have one. Its name is Jason Bulmahn.
>>
>>53587611
>crafting is changed as well, the first removal is the need for being a spellcaster
>how the feats works are changed so it is now a two feat chain that can be taken by everyone
>first is Skill Focus in a crafting skill, the second is Magical Artisan in the same crafting skill
>this allows you to make magic items with that crafting skill (for instance tailor for clothes, weapons for weapons, armor for armor, sculpture for constructs, etc.)
>this breaks up some too large feats like Craft Wondrous and makes it so everyone has a chance to be a magic item crafter
>this also makes it so a level 5 expert can be a magic item crafter rather than always needing a spellcaster around to do it

(2/2)
>>
>>53587627
>but it completely unbalances the game.
Are you trying to imply the game was balanced before?
>>
My favorite argument from white-board posters is their assertion that "the game" expects you to have X, Y, and Z by a certain level in the game, as if the GMs for these games don't already know the capabilities and limitations of their own players.

Seriously, if you have no Cleric and your GM throws you a Ghost Rat Swarm because it equals the CR of your party that means he's either retarded or he hates you.
>>
>>53587665
Certainly more than it is now without massive further adjustments.
You still haven't addressed how this literally does NOTHING to the other two members of the classic 9casterclub - in fact it may even buff them, because now you have to give easier encounters for everyone else.
>>
>>53587666
You're not running the game for us, literally the only thing we can do is white room arguments. White room arguments refers to shit that "doesn't happen in game" - but how the fuck do we know it doesn't happen in game?
>>
>>53587652
>>53587611
Anyone have any angry thoughts about all this?

There are several reasons I do this:
>I have a massive fetish for magic flea markets and bartering
>I love the idea of slowly becoming better friends with an artisan or a guild over time as they make and upgrade your equipment
>I love nonspellcasting magic item crafters as just skilled blacksmiths, and think pathfinder makes it too shitty
>>
>>53587666
I've had many a GM with a good talent for storytelling and creativity have trouble estimating the CR of a threat relative to the party's capabilities.

Yes, an even more competent GM would work around it, but PF is a dense system and the fact its system expectations can catch many off guard is something that should be mitigated, not exacerbated.

Also, Adventure Paths.
>>
>>53587710
It sounds really cute. Had the chance to run a game like this yet?
>>
>>53587703
Not pulling a 2hu and immediately going for the largest guns possible would be a good place to start. In fact, >>53587717 has the right idea in looking at APs, where I can speak from personal experience that even a suboptimal party can survive just fine in most stories.
>>
>>53587744
>pulling a 2hu
Pointing out that Wizards are worthless garbage and you may as well play a Sorcerer and have literally none of the normal drawbacks or a CoD and get your spells for fucking free is not pulling a 2hu.
>>
>>53587378
>I have never had a player who didn't get enormously butthurt about it.
Because playing a prepared spellbook caster has become massively frustrating while fixing NONE of their actual problems, in much the same way tracking material components does. If you don't want someone to play a wizard, tell them not to, because otherwise you're pulling the equivalent of letting someone play rogue in an undead-slaying campaign.

Same with magic marts. You are simply playing the wrong system for any of that stuff.
>>
>>53587744
Being optimal isn't about the numbers.
It's about having the counters to things that will otherwise fuck you over.

You hear tons of stories about parties dying to incorporeal or high DR/Magic enemies before they get magic weapons, or invisible enemies before they can see them.
Flight is the next thing.
>>
>>53587835
Weren't Shadows CR 1 in 3.5e or something
Shit was insane
>1d4 Str damage per hit, stacking
>incorp
>undead
>had good HP and AC anyway so it's not like 'one good hit' will do it
>>
Why is Saranae hated? Newfag.
>>
>>53587889
RELIGION OF PEACE
>>
>>53587889
Her app was like the others I suppose.
>>
>>53587889
She's like the God version of a Mary Sue
She literally dindu nuffin.
>>
>>53587889
What is the name of Sarenrae's scimitar?
>>
>>53587889
>She teaches temperance and patience in all things. Compassion and peace are her greatest virtues, and if enemies of the faith can be redeemed, they should be. Yet there are those who have no interest in redemption, who glory in slaughter and death. From the remorseless evil of the undead and fiends to the cruelties born in the hearts of mortals, Sarenrae's doctrines preach swift justice delivered by the scimitar's edge. To this end, she expects her faithful to be skilled at swordplay, both as a form of martial art promoting centering of mind and body, and so that when they do enter battle, their foes do not suffer any longer than necessary.
It's literally "you have heard the Word of Allah, convert or be freed from your suffering in unenlightened life".
>>
>>53587936
I don't think it was ever named.
>>
>>53587860
There's a ton of monsters from 3.5e that wrecked you. Monstrous Crab was another example.
>>
Did an app just disappear from JttW?
>>
>>53587962
It literally says right there that swift justice is aimed towards those who "glory is slaughter and death", AKA Evil people causing others suffering. It does not say that those who do not fit that criteria are put to the sword, and to assume as much is to give her the worst possible interpretation.
>>
>>53588034
CRAB BATTLE
>>
File: CHARGE.jpg (270KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
CHARGE.jpg
270KB, 1200x800px
hey folks, we've got a bit more information about Starfinder today.

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljv8?Five-Differences-Between-Starfinder-Rules-and

Most of this is a recap, but there's some interesting stuff here, and Owen comments a few clarifications down in the comments section.
>>
File: Obozaya.jpg (201KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Obozaya.jpg
201KB, 795x1200px
>>53588094
I see Obo remains best girl
>>
>>53588079

The current apps I see are...

>Yamaguchi, angry fightman and waifu
>Lingmeng, kungfu wizard
>Tsubaki, fightgirl
>Yīn Sūn Báisòng, Valeriya the Anime version
>Koji, swordboy who wants to get ALL THE SWORDS
>Mira, foxgirl magician.
>Jun Fan, Sleep breaking his cycles of guilt
>Wen Yijun, literally Sun Wukong

Which app is missing? Who are you gonna ship with who when the time comes?
>>
>>53588116
Would you kiss the lizard
>>
>>53588134
Sleep runs Overlewd on alternating Thursdays. Jun is just attention whoring. More's the pity.
>>
>>53588142
Absolutely.
>>
>>53588079
>>53588134

Looks like it. It was the drunken master guy with the One Piece character pic. I think I saw earlier that they couldn't make the time slot, though, so can see why they dropped.
>>
>>53588081
Presumably you killing them does not cause them suffering.
>>
>>53588134
Wait for my character:
>Shēn yǐn zhě, He Who Stole the Small God's Wine
>>
>>53588089
>tfw CR3 crab on average kills 2 members of a CR4 party given very favorable advantages
>>
>>53588172
Decapitation with scimitars sounds pretty bad, though.
>>
>>53588134
>Yīn Sūn Báisòng
>but not Língmèng Qīng
Wow bias much what is Yīn Sūn Báisòng meant to mean?
>>53588175
What kanji are you using that sounds more like "he who drank a kami".
>>
File: chin-kof12.jpg (41KB, 550x700px) Image search: [Google]
chin-kof12.jpg
41KB, 550x700px
>>53588175
Pic related.
>>
>>53588191
Look buddy, I'm a lazy, inconsistent copypaster, the only one I could recall is Mira and Koji because they're both short and easy to remember.
>>
>>53588191
>"he who drank a kami"
Exactly.
>>
>>53588209
Someone should rate the JttW apps
>>
>>53588191
I thought that was the idea
>>
>>53588209
Flip the sequence of Yin and Shen so it becomes Yǐn shēn zhě, which is more fluently "he who drank a kami / drinks kami"
Do remember this is a title, not a name, unless your parents named you The One Who Kami's (???).
What the HELL did you do to eat a lesser god yo
>>
>>53588172
Well in that case I guess we should just let the psychopath carving names into people do his thing then, since taking his head would cause him pain for less than a minute and that would make us hypocrites.
>>
>>53588223
No, app reviews are cancer.
>>
>>53588094
With Starfinder, how are all these guys who reduce the number of magical items going to react now that we'll have Extranet retailers who can deliver our orders in two days?
>>
>>53588134
I'm waiting for Wist's app before I decide on anything!
>>
>>53588079
>>53588134
>>53588175
>>53588191
Is it wrong to apply to JttW with a Vudrani or Minkai comic-relief sidekick or wise translator?
>>
>>53588223
>Yamaguchi Yuudai
Cute wife.

>Língmèng Qīng
Female Elliot "Reimu" Roger, except about being a poorfag more than being an /r9k/.

>Tsubaki Higashiyama
RECLAIM SWORD
BRING SWORD HOME
RULE ONI AND DON'T GO EXTINCT

>Yīn Sūn Báisòng
Looks hot.

>Koji
I want to be a hero, so I must find le excalibur!

>Mira "Mia" Covinus
Long app, but my eyes are on her tits.

>Jun Fan
Daddy.

>Wen Yijun
A dumber version of Sun Wukong.

>>53588258
Protag more or less cried for help from reviewanons.

>>53588265
>literally same time slot as PLD
I have bad news.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
So I got approved for my Tea Ceremony oracle.

Now is my time. I'm going to make him an Oracle with the Friendless/Covetous Dual curse and Ascetic mystery. I just need something to go with the other half of my build. Maybe a Geisha bard since they get tea ceremony powers?

>https://youtu.be/qVULv9jIlI4

I hope you all are ready for maximum aesthetics.
>>
>>53588270
You could also be a chinese five army warrior with your dragon crescent blade.

Or be a cute elf wizard from the depths of the bamboo forest
>>
>>53588290
Aw....
>>
>>53588295
Geisha fits very well if you ask me.
>>
>>53588295
>So I got approved for my Tea Ceremony oracle.
Based Argentum did you really PM him for something like this
>>
>>53588290
>Protag more or less cried for help from reviewanons.
Ensoulment, and by association Protag, are also cancer.
>>
>>53588295
Why is DHB so tone deaf?
>>
>>53588312
Actually anon I have bad news
You're the cancer.
>>
Tell me about the promises they made about Starfinder, /pgg/.
Any major system departure from the 3.5 model they have used.
>>
Which are the most likely members of a party to get laid, BESIDES the fullcasters binding succubi and erodaemons en-masse.
Rogue and Bard probably top the list. What about the rest, do the barbs get more than the Fighter? Does anyone actually notice the Ranger?
>>
I'm bored and feeling kinda down, /pgg/. Figure I ought to put myself to use--tell me a meme character to write about.
>>
>>53588309
He approved the switch in the questions thread.
>>
>>53588290
>Long App

Isn't it basically "old smug fox goddess foresees Aroden's death, goes blind, sticks her soul an oak seed, which grows into a mighty tree, which is then found by a wandering Taldan man from Amanandar. After cracking it open he finds a cute fox girl inside it whom he takes on as a daughter, being a good and caring daddy for her"

>>53588352
Mesmerists and Lust-Phantom Fractured Mind Spiritualists
>>
File: ensolmap.png (1MB, 1300x656px) Image search: [Google]
ensolmap.png
1MB, 1300x656px
Working on an update for the map currently up for Ensoulment. Here's what I have so far.
>>
>>53588356
Do Sanae for JttW, Argentum thought it'd be funny.
>>
>>53588377
Looks like a squid. The desert is the eye, the mountain side is the head, the other is the tentacles.

It looks A LOT like a squid.
>>
>>53588390
>>53588377
>Ensoument map is actually just the corpse of a Mythic Kraken
>>
>>53587860
Allip CR 3 = 4HD, +5 init, incorporeal with a 1d4 wisdom drain +3 to hit touch attack
Adamantine Horror CR 9 = at-will Disjunction
Lantern Archons CR 2 = fires 1d6 ignore DR touch rays @ +2, teleport, DR10/magic evil, initiative +4

Not that Pathfinder hasn't continued this horseshit.
>>
>>53588356
Do DHB's character for Ironfang.

>https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5035756/applications-go-here/?pageforid=5111151#post-5111151
>>
>>53588329
There is some actual rule stuff over here:
>>53588094

Main things so far that should matter is:
>Magic nerfed to mostly 6th level stuff.
You can get higher apparently, but it's going to take focus and dedication and will probably get your character killed if you're not careful

>Soldier is better than Ranger AND Fighter, combined
This one seems like it'll be backported to Pathfinder real quick

>Two different armor types and Three Health systems
>>
>>53588390
>The BBEG is the land itself
>>
>>53588402
TINY
AETHER
ELEMENTALS
>>
>>53588402
I remember how Allips were so broken you could legit kill a Tarraresque with a horde of them.
>>
>>53587464
>Magic item mart settings are cancer.
If you think that, why the flying fuck are you playing a system entirely built around the idea of magic items being easily available? Go play something else, you fucking moron.
>>
>>53588390
BEWARE, FOR THE LEVIATHAN RISES
>>
>>53588385
Who?
>>
File: 1489737955208.jpg (59KB, 798x970px) Image search: [Google]
1489737955208.jpg
59KB, 798x970px
>>53588466
The one and only
>>
What (official) class mechanically enables lots of martial defensive techniques? Using a sword to blocks, parries, counter etc.
>>
>>53588295
Today on "How Tone Deaf is DHB".

Rate it here folks, how tone deaf is he today?
>>
>>53588466
Argentum, the GM.
>>
File: The sitiation.jpg (604KB, 1459x749px) Image search: [Google]
The sitiation.jpg
604KB, 1459x749px
>>53587307

DG 1 right now
>>
>>53588481
Swashbuckler and certain flavors of Monk. Aside from that not much outside of magic.
>>
Redpill me on PrCs
Which ones are good?
>>
>>53588507
pewpew
>>
>>53588540
Depends on what you're going for. For a full caster anything with full spell casting progression is fine, unless you're a witch (since it doesn't advance your hexes).

For other martials it's all about what you want out of it. There are some good, some bad. It's a mixed bag.
>>
>>53588421
You can kill a Tarrasque with a single allip. Tarrasque has no ways to hit an incorporeal creature. Allip attacks at Touch. Hits and drains Wisdom. Few rounds go by, and you win.
>>
>>53588551
Isn't Allip on Summon Monster III or something? Legit just
>Invisibility
>Summon Monster III Allip
>enjoy your 13 new levels
>>
>>53588551
You can WIN against Tarrasque with a single allip. The only way to KILL Tarrasque is with a Wish. And I'm pretty sure PF removed that as well.

>>53588561
Pretty sure you need Summon Undead or something like that instead.
>>
>>53588540
Evangelist.

> Evangelists come from many different backgrounds, and they show an unusual range of diversity. At 2nd level, the evangelist must choose a class she belonged to before adding the prestige class to be her aligned class. She gains all the class features for this class, essentially adding every evangelist level beyond 1st to her aligned class to determine what class features she gains. She still retains the Hit Dice, base attack bonus, saving throw bonuses, and skill ranks of the prestige class, but gains all other class features of her aligned class as well as those of the evangelist prestige class.
>>
>>53588567
>The only way to KILL Tarrasque is with a Wish.
What about ability score drain? A Shadow does 1d4 Str on Touch. Anyone with a Str or Con score of 0 dies instantly.
>>
>>53588572
So it's like, free gestalt? Fucking hell.
>>
File: Things elscalated.jpg (517KB, 1279x748px) Image search: [Google]
Things elscalated.jpg
517KB, 1279x748px
>>53588507
>>53588541
>>
>>53588581
Not the turtlekaijuman
>>
>>53588605
Let me guess someone cast Wided Fireball
>>
>>53588581
The Tarrasque works on special rules since it was hand made by a God looking to jack you, specifically, up. There are few ways to permanently kill the Tarrasque, the best you can do is temporarily incapacitate it for some period of time.

And even then, if you did somehow manage to kill it, daddy Monster Maker would just unleash something worse upon Golarion.
>>
>>53588581
You're only paralyzed with 0 strenght. The only way to KILL someone with ability drain is through con. And Tarrasque is immune because special trumps general.
>>
>>53588615

more along the lines of ignited the powder magazine
>>
>>53588290
>Long app but my eyes are on her tits

Here's a summary: Old fox sees bad things happening, sticks her soul in the seed of an oak tree, dies, the oak tree grows up and inside it is a cute fox girl with GREAT MAGICAL POWER who is taken in by a taldan explorer and raised as if she were one of his daughters

It's kinda cute
>>
>>53588581
Pretty sure ability drain counts as energy drain, which the tarrasque is immune to.
>>
File: 1495958951410.png (635KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495958951410.png
635KB, 708x1000px
>>53588606
How would you stat St. Martha

>>53588620
In pathfinder iirc there's literally no way to kill a tarraresque.

>>53588624
Yeah I forgot
>>
>>53588412
Swarms can also be terrible for this.
>>
>>53588481
Swashbuckler, monk, and the duelist prestige class. My personal favorite is swashbuckler since all you need is 5 levels to get the most out of the class. (My actual personal favorite is the Ronin Swashbuckler archetype since it fits my samurai movie style warriors)
>>
>>53588643
I know specific trumps general but I imagine sending it to the Negative Energy zone might do the trick.
>>
What race and class should I play in my next game?
>>
File: IT KEEPS HAPPENING!!.jpg (586KB, 1581x769px) Image search: [Google]
IT KEEPS HAPPENING!!.jpg
586KB, 1581x769px
>>53588605
>>53588632
>>
Dragons One sure is

heating up
>>
>>53588670
I mean it can't fly so it'd just hurtle helplessless until it hits a Sphere.

>>53588671
Wizard.
Elf.
Elves are literally MADE for vicious rape and enslavement.
>>
>>53588670
The RAW says otherwise.
>>
>>53588605
>>53588632
>>53588672

In a game where people can easily throw around gouts of flame, protecting the powder mag seems like a pretty important thing to do.
>>
>>53588686
RAW only says that because nobody's tried. Come on Anon, let's do some science!
>>
>>53588686
It has absolutely no way to get out though and is stuck at -HP forever, so it's functionally the same.
>>
File: 1490728458813.jpg (456KB, 867x653px) Image search: [Google]
1490728458813.jpg
456KB, 867x653px
This one's for you, 2hu.
>>
>>53588605
>>53588678
>>53588672

Jesus Christ
>>
>>53588716
kek
>>
>>53588698

Well the antagonist that had invisiblity counter measures and was overall a smart guy... died a couple sessions ago.
>>
>>53588716
kek
>>
So /pgg/ how hard do you think it will be to actually run an intrigue style game in Starfinder? Talking the galactic underworld, space pirates, corrupt megacorps the works.

Seems like all paizo is working on is fucking combat.
>>
File: 1491158471324.jpg (11KB, 132x218px) Image search: [Google]
1491158471324.jpg
11KB, 132x218px
>>53588716
>>
Summoner or Unchained Summoner?
>>
>>53588732
I guess we'll see what sort of stuff are available to Operative/Envoy. Maybe some hacking with Technomancer
>>
>>53587553
>.5%
No
Try 1 in 10
>>
>>53588643
Con 20 cha 20
Belt of mighty constitution +6
wand of grease
>>
File: 1492192595131.png (524KB, 853x853px) Image search: [Google]
1492192595131.png
524KB, 853x853px
>"The chickens!” Doga yelled. "We've got to save my chickens!” “Asmodeus take your chickens!” Pelam roared. “It’s your chickens what got us into this mess!” Behind them, masonry exploded as the dragon tore through the shop wall. Doga quit trying to scoop up his birds and flung himself at the ground, arms over his head. Pelam reached out and dragged him in under the cart. “Idiot!” he shrieked. “What do you think happens when you go messing with a wizard’s things?” Doga sniffed, tears dripping from the end of his nose. “The egg was so big... I was just gonna borrow it long enough to win the prize at the fair. I was gonna bring it right back...”

Why are commoners so pitiful?
>>
>>53588788
stop this degeneracy
>>
>>53588794
>Asmodeus take your chickens
Would Asmodeus even want fucking chickens?
>>
>>53588777
Trips don't have it, just because that many important (key word there) NPCs have magically inclined class levels doesn't mean that's representative of everyone everywhere.
>>
>>53588800
No
>>
>>53588823
Read the NPC Codex. Literally every streetside singer is a Bard 2.
>>
>>53588777
He is right though. Magic users are a very small percentage. They are just encountered by PCs more because they are actually noteworthy members of society.
>>
>>53588836
That's a particular street singer, not every street singer. Or are you saying literally everyone in the same profession has the same statblock?
>>
>>53588836
All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares bud.
>>
File: 1476449818795.png (699KB, 559x880px) Image search: [Google]
1476449818795.png
699KB, 559x880px
How many dicks?
>>
>>53588991
21, if we count the lizardman as two
>>
>>53589014
Is that counting all of today or only her afternoon shift?
>>
>>53588991
>Remember using this art in a game I ran for a barmaid
>Remember one of the players coming back during the closing hours and bedding her
>Remember that he was a large tiefling man

Oh fuck, you just reminded me of that.
>>
>>53588991
>spills ale
>holds onto dirty cloth with no cleaning gloves
>doesn't polish her shoes
>no bra, probably a feminist
>unnatural hair color
2/10 wouldn't wench
>>
>>53589028
>no bra, probably a feminist
???
>>
>>53589019
The week's haul; business has been slow ever since folks started heading out East to app for games.
>>
>>53589028
>unnatural hair color
Believe it or not, platinum blonde is entirely natural, simply rare.
>>
>>53589039
Dang that's sad
>>
>>53589028
>unnatural hair

She could be planetouched
>>
>>53589051
She's thinking of heading that way herself. Maybe that Princess Rainy is looking for a working woman hero, someone who ain't afraid to get on their knees to please the realm.
>>
>>53588672
>>53588678
>>53588716
>D1 looks so fun
>not in the game
>tfw
>>
>>53588991
Someone should apply with a barmaid slut to JttW
She's exotic yo
>>
>>53588620
>>53588624
Just pack its orifices full of dirt and suffocate it. That'll bypass the regeneration etc.
>>
File: 1488563813090.png (230KB, 452x574px) Image search: [Google]
1488563813090.png
230KB, 452x574px
Have you sworn fealty to the best fiend yet?
>>
>>53588991
>tfw it's gotten to the point where you'd rather go on quests to bring her back cool gifts and make a cute romance than fugg da barmaid
>tfw no marriage subplot in my games that is idealized romance, it's usually crude
h-how does one do this properly?
>>
>>53589160
Play as a Betrothed Avowed so your marriage subplot is built into your character, and make it super ideal and cute.
>>
>>53589160
Think how you'd feel from the girl's end for one
she outplayed you man, she's a Commoner 3 getting loot from a level 10+ PC
>>
Can someone please give me constructive criticism on my Ensoulment app? I'm the last one in the thread - the Beguiler.
>>
>>53589126
Who, Folca? Yes indeed!
>>
>>53589185
>she's used to men's attention and what they want from her
>one guy at least talks about "proving his admiration with acts", whatever that might mean
>at least he's not just grabbing my ass and throwing me some coin like most men do
>he shows back up several days later with an actual dragon scale made into a necklace
>at first she just likes the gifts
>every week or few weeks he shows up with a cool thing from his adventures, they are piling up and he's persistent
>she eventually sees that he's genuine and is invested in winning her affections for some reason
>she eventually doesn't care about the trinkets and looks forward to seeing him return to her safe at the end of the week
>one time, she rushes over to him when he walks in
tfw

>>53589178
looking into it
>>
>>53587553
Do note that Alchemists and Investigators can copy out of wizard books, but not vice versa.
>>
>>53589191
>not a celebrity app

Here's a genuine piece of advice: don't bother. You're playing a rigged game. You've already lost.
>>
>>53589349
Fuck OFF already, will you?
>>
>>53589191
>And that is when she heard of the Ensoulment project. Being a person of art, she was immediately interested in it, feeling that heroism cannot exist without theatre.
Sounds heavy-handed, almost like an afterthought, and isn't especially supported by the earlier backstory where it shows she loves drama but nowhere associates this strictly with heroism.
>>
>>53589349
I applied to several games, so maybe I'll have luck in at least one.
>>53589419
Hmm, yeah, I have to think on that, thanks.
>>
File: 1494787826525.jpg (110KB, 614x491px) Image search: [Google]
1494787826525.jpg
110KB, 614x491px
Shouldn't we have a separate thread for Starfinder General /sfg/?
>>
>>53589448
We can't let starfinderfags escape furry and weeb shit /that/ easily.
>>
>>53589454
Anon, Starfinder has furry races *core*.
>>
>>53589448
Not enough active audience to be split between two threads. Its better this way that way we don't have TWO dead threads, just one partially active thread.
>>
Is it just me or is the first repo missing the Inner Sea World Guide? I found it in the second but if they're supposed to be backups...
>>
>>53589499
Besides, I'm pretty enamored with the /pgg/let moniker.
>>
>>53589387
Time will prove me right.
>>
File: 1472494968409.png (559KB, 736x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1472494968409.png
559KB, 736x1041px
>>53589464

And that's not counting what the splats will bring to the table!
>>
>>53589448
Starfinder isn't even out yet, so having a separate general for it would be pointless.
>>
>>53589512
I'm more of a /pgg/a myself
>>
What's better than the Slayer at fightin' dudes with DEX?

Typical 3pp suspects allowed (DSP, Avowed, etc.)
>>
>>53589778
Literally any 3pp class that can be built to use DEX.
>>
>>53589796
Which ones are better than Slayer at the niche of fightin' dudes?
>>
>>53589818
All of them. Slayer is kinda shit when compared to 3pp desu familia.
>>
>>53589823
Huh, cool. Any have a neat fluff connection to forbidden lore or the search for knowledge?
>>
>>53589832
>spoonfeed me please
>>
>>53589832
Polymath Investigator/Alchemist?
>>
>>53588551
>>53588567
>>53588561
It'a immune to ability damage. Drain is a type of ability damage by RAW. Also, it's natural attacks count as epic weapons, so it has a 50% hit rate against incorporeal creatures.
>>
>>53589879
That's in PF nigga
>>
>>53589879
No, ability damage and ability drain are separate things and being immune to one does not make you immune to both. Constructs for instance are explicitly immune to both, while undead are completely immune to ability DRAIN, but can still suffer ability DAMAGE to their mental scores.
>>
Some other Starfinder tidbits from the discussion thread, posted by Owen K. C. Stephens:

"If you autofire a weapon it has special rules, which can allow you to make a single attack roll and apply it to the AC of multiple creatures within the autofire area, though each creature is attacked only once and there's a limit to how many you hit. It's a kind of area affect, along with lines and explosions."

"Haste's affect on attacks is you take less of a penalty to make two attacks with a full attack."

"Actually there are no concentration checks. None."

"First, attacks of opportunity resolve directly after the triggering action. So if you cast a spell you provoke, but if the spell has a casting time of 1 standard action, you get the spell off before the AoO gets made.

Secondly, most touch-range healing spells specify they do no provoke attacks of opportunity, as do a few other touch spells."
>>
>>53590232
That doesn't sound very promising.
>>
>>53590262
Yeah. Apparently going full auto on someone is exactly as lethal and accurate as shooting them once. And since AoOs trigger after the action resolves, you can't smack someone for running out of your reach- there's no area of control associated with melee weapons anymore.

And Haste looks like it's going to remain a must have that heavily encourages you to stand in one place and make multiple attacks, you just won't be rolling as much dice now.
>>
>>53588406
>Two different armor types and Three Health systems
That's the only part that seems like it might cause issues, although I guess it's probably better than PF's 5 different armor types.
>>
>>53590232
Welp
>Haste nerf
>Caster buffs
>>
File: all of my why.gif (3MB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
all of my why.gif
3MB, 400x255px
>>53590232
>>
>>53590303
That's fucking retarded. "all autofire is a small AoE and it can't hurt things more at all" was retarded in d20 modern, it was retarded in SW saga but at least there it was kinda canonical (only stormtroopers could be THAT precise), and it's retarded now.
>>
>>53588605
Oh, how does one do these outlined AoEs in r20?
>>
>>53590864
By shelling out shekels on API.
>>
What happens if you use 140% shadow reality Shades to replicate Create Demiplane?
What happens if you use it to replicate Resurrection and bring back your buddy as 140% real?
>>
>>53590887
>you can use Shades to replicate divine conjuration spells
Holy shit, I've never noticed that until now.
>>
>>53590887
>kill -> Shades-Resurrect your BSF buddy over and over again
>the BSF buddy has a billion max HP
>if the enemy fails their will save, the BSF buddy has normal damage
>if the enemy succeeds on their will save, the BSF buddy has a billion damage
I like it.
>>
>>53590937
It's not your buddy any more, it's a shadow creature.

Either that, or he doesn't actually get more damage or HP because he's still he and not a shadow creature(and therefore just real, not x% real).
>>
>>53590978
>It's not your buddy any more, it's a shadow creature.
Planar bind the resulting creature, then. Problem solved.
>>
>>53589899
The tarresque is immune to permanent damage of any sort, like that caused by ability drain, anon.

Yeah, they noticed the allip trick.
>>
>>53590399
Depends on if they actually keep it at 6th level and less casters, and if they cut the spells lists to ribbons.
>>
>>53590913
>>53590887
>>53590937

Only duplicates Conjuration (creation) and Conjuration (summoning) anon. Won't work on healing.
>>
>>53588722
Now we're in the process of taking that tower he was shipping the dead dragon's horde to buddies from. Everyone was down in the field except for Atolm who kept the tower full of archers busy with motherfucking snakes from a motherfucking plane.

Or just summon 1d3 tiny animals per cast.
>>
>>53591041
Shades does not have that clause. It just says "conjuration spells of 8th level or lower".
>>
>>53591041
Shades has no such limitation. It's just ANY conjuration spell up to level 8.
>>
>>53590399
Not sure that's a nerf. The mechanics for making multiple attacks are entirely different, so the old version of the spell isn't really applicable.

Odds are high that as long as the penalty reduction isn't a measly -1, haste is going to remain a must have and people are still going to full attack while shuffling 5 feet a round.
>>
Is Stalker worth shit? This recovery method just seems awful.
>>
>>53591204
Add Bushi to it, it's almost free, stacks with the two best archetypes, and well worth the price.
>>
>>53591222
Will people bully me for not using a grorious ten thousand folded katana on a bushi stalker? I wanted to go with two light weapons if possible...
>>
>>53591313
As a stalker, you could go Bushi, not use Mithral Current at all, and never take any Bushido.
It would still be a flat upgrade because you've lost one stalker art and the Blending bonuses for a hugely better recovery method.
>>
Okay guys, should I make my JttW character or should I do my final post-review rewrite of Witch
it's more of a touch-up if anything honestly
>>
>>53591359
N P C M A T E R I A L
>>
>>53591386
not according to Brotag, boyo :^)
>>
>>53591222

What are the best two archetypes? Vigilante and...?
>>
What sphere class pairs best with a Bushi Stalker gestalt?
>>
>>53591339
And if I go with my alternative plan, Full Retard Brutal Slayer Stalker, and Bushi it up then, is it better to go single Katana or Dual Wakizashi?

Does it even matter?
>>
>>53591396
Brutal Slayer.

Soul Hunter used to be the best but dropped in rankings when Bushi couldn't stack with it also MAXIMUM EDGE

Judge was never really good.
>>
>>53591455
Depends on how much you like crit fishing and feat taxes.

Dual wielding has a ton of both.

Twohanded sword is the simpler and still good option.

Also bushi gives you Katana prof but you can ignore it. Use a greatsword or bastard sword or anything you want.
>>
What race would be most ideal to represent a filthy bird reporter for JttW, Tengu or Aasimar with Angel Wings?
>>
>>53591569
My filthy bird reporter concept is a Sky Druid, so Sylph should work pretty well
no wings doe, but you get fly speed so i guess you can fluff it
>>
>>53591460
Is a Soul Hunter still strong though, even without Bushi?
>>
>>53591569
>>53591587
Okay, but HOW filthy are these bird reporters?
>>
>>53591068
>>53591070
>has no such clause
You mean aside from the part that says "this spell works like Shadow Conjuration" you mean? Because if you want to skip RAW and go right to RAInterpreted, that's your call.
>>
>>53591717
Compare and contrast with Greater Shadow Conjuration:

>Shadow Conjuration, Greater
>School illusion (shadow); Level sorcerer/wizard 7
>DESCRIPTION
>This spell functions like shadow conjuration, except that it duplicates any sorcerer or wizard conjuration (summoning) or conjuration (creation) spell of 6th level or lower. The illusory conjurations created deal three-fifths (60%) damage to nonbelievers, and non-damaging effects are 60% likely to work against nonbelievers.

>Shades
>School illusion (shadow) [shadow]; Level sorcerer/wizard 9; Domain darkness 9
>DESCRIPTION
>This spell functions like shadow conjuration, except that it mimics conjuration spells of 8th level or lower. The illusory conjurations created deal four-fifths (80%) damage to nonbelievers, and non-damaging effects are 80% likely to work against nonbelievers.
>>
>>53591733
>ignoring that monsters and creatures that are summoned might have non damaging effects they use
Again, Greater Shadow Conjuration harkens back to Shadow Conjuration, which reiterates "only Conjuration Creation and Conjuration Summoning". You're deliberately reinterpreting the rules to avoid the fact that not one of them says you may use Conjuration Healing.
>>
Hey /tg/, I need help with Roll20 macro editing.

How do I stop Weapon Notes from showing when rolling an attack?

Before Roll20 updated I'd simply delete it out the macro.
Now it only shows an ID, and I got no idea what to do with it.
Tried deleting {{weapon notes=weapon notes}} under settings for the attack template, and that does nothing.

If you're wondering, stuff is written in Weapon Notes for great convenience for the player and myself for NPCs.
As mentioned, before I could simply delete this so it doesn't show and reveal the info.

Would really appreciate the help.
>>
File: ss+(2017-06-03+at+02.39.10).jpg (94KB, 677x224px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-03+at+02.39.10).jpg
94KB, 677x224px
>>53591816
Here's even a screenshot of them side by side in the same damn book.
They are explicitly worded differently instead of a copy-paste, while being published on the same page of the same book.
That clearly means they function differently.
>>
>>53591835
this is relevant to my interests t b h fampai
>>
>>53591816
The wording of shades explicitly does NOT limit what kind of conjurations you may imitate, only that they must be of 8th level or lower.
>>
>>53591835
So your answer is that it does NOT work like Shadow Conjuration despite explicitly saying that it does work like Shadow Conjuration. I would be under the impression that if it included conjuration healing, then the wording would in fact state "This spell can mimic Conjuration (Healing) effects as well as Conjuration (Creation) and Conjuration (Summoning)." You know like EVERY OTHER SPELL IN THE BOOK DOES.
>>
>>53591934
It does work like Shadow Conjuration - it mimics spells at partial reality.
By your logic, it should be incapable of reproducing spells above 3rd level because original Shadow Conjuration can't, even though it's explicitly stated that Shades can do it.
>>
>>53591934
>>53591953
Moreover, it's even widely agreed upon in the community that Shades ignores such restrictions.
For example, look at the Shadow Conjuration Handbook:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kvBvq2DEHjR1dOeEVkRUU4WlU/view
>Unlike Shadow Conjuration and Greater Shadow Conjuration, this spell can mimic any Conjuration spell (8th level or lower.) Which is good, because it certainly wouldn't be worth preparing a 9th level spell otherwise.
>>
>>53591934
>So your answer is that it does NOT work like Shadow Conjuration despite explicitly saying that it does work like Shadow Conjuration.
It works like Shadow Conjuration EXCEPT AS STATED you fucking moron. And as it happens, it explicitly states that you can use conjuration spells of 8th level or lower WITHOUT stating any limitations such as certain subschools.
>>
>>53591700
So filthy you'll want to take a bath even after sharing a bath with them!
>>
>>53591891
>>53591973
>>53591987
I concede the argument.
>>
Has anyone considered that the aquatic affinity avowed least clause makes a merfolk avowed truly quite viable?

AQUATIC AFFINITY
Least (2nd); standard action; spell resistance no
You become at home in the water. Your base land and swim speeds become equal—if you have a land speed and no swim speed, you gain a swim speed equal to your base land speed, and vice-versa. If you already have both movement modes, then the lower speed is increased to equal the greater. In addition, you can breath both water and air, and can walk on water as if it were solid ground. This is a permanent effect, and lasts until dispelled or dismissed.

A 1st-level merfolk avowed with aquatic affinity would have +2 Dexterity, Constitution, Charisma, and natural armor and 50-foot land and swim speeds.

The only downside here is that the +2 Constitution is wasted upon a merfolk avowed who opts for the Altered Life and Unnatural Resilience route.
>>
Question about Complex Negative Admixture Composite Blast:

Are those "Extra damage dice", or are those part of the damage, for purposes of abilities such as "+1 damage/die" rings of elemental strength?
>>
>>53591891
>>53591973
>>53591953
>>53591987
So does a Shade casting of Resurrection last as long as the Shades Sepll does? Does it work on a dead body only 80% if the dead body makes it's save? When Sahdes ends does the body suddenly die again? If I use it to cast Heal, does it affect the undead 80% if they make their save? What if a feature is immune to positive energy does Shades Heal work on it still?
>>
>>53592041
Merfolk have always been viable, you just need Strongtail and boots/movement increase class features. Alternately, be a caster and have high enough CL that your racial F2F gets you through the day.

The 50ft movespeed sounds pretty gravy though.
>>
>>53592172
Shades has the same duration as the reproduced spell.

Corpses are objects and thus always successfully disbelieve, no save needed.

Percentages on Resurrection presumably work the same way as for summons - the buddy will come back with 80% max HP and same rules for damage as summoned monsters.

Percentages on Heal work the same way as for damage shit.

If something is immune to positive energy, it's still immune to Shades-Heal, because it's emulating positive energy.
>>
>>53592059
It's "this plus this" not "extra X"

So a 12d6 composite would become 18d6 much in the fashion of "half X half Y" blasts, except it's 12 of one type and 6 of another.

Technically with a multi-type energy blast like Thunderflash (air and fire) you would then have three halves technically!

Although it makes one wonder what this all means for an onslaught sniper's blast separation???
>>
>>53592190
>Percentages on Resurrection presumably work the same way as for summons - the buddy will come back with 80% max HP and same rules for damage as summoned monsters.

I would say that Resurrection is treated as a special effect rather than summon, so 80% likely to work.
>>
>>53592231
Either interpretation is viable.
>>
So what are the general feats considered 'necessary' for archery builds?
>>
>>53591822
Did it change from earlier? I didn't even realize it updated desu
>>
>>53588819
Even devils can't resist fried chicken.
>>
File: IMG_0794.png (93KB, 187x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0794.png
93KB, 187x293px
>>53587577
>magic IKEA
>not fantasy costco
>>
>>53592384
At fantasy Costco, you can buy 1 liter flasks of sovereign glue.
>>
File: bamboozling.jpg (49KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
bamboozling.jpg
49KB, 500x487px
What game will bamboozle next?
>>
>>53592442
Ensoulment, no question.

Protagonist will reveal that he was The Antagonist all along, kick a pig, and take off laughing.
>>
>>53592442
Journey to the Bamboozle
>>
>>53592442
DAA.
>>
Is it ever practical to make a golem?
>>
>>53592623

As a wizard why am I concerned with practicality?
>>
>>53592684
You start sensible to make conquest easier. You can get crazy after you're the Wizard King
>>
Do water spells mess with firearms? Do they mess up with bows and armor?
>>
>>53592820
There's no mech for that, but you could talk to your GM.
>>
>>53592623
They're pretty useful, yes. However if you're going to make one at least go Stone or Iron.
>>
>>53592442
Still holding ouy hope for RotJR
>>
>>53592190
>>53591987
>>53591973
I'd sure hate to have 80% of a teleportation spell work on me, since you can't believe in your own illusions. And I'd REALLY hate to see what happens when you get only 80% of a Planar Binding spell. That efreet would fuck you over for eternity and back.
>>
>>53588777
>Try 1 in 10

Bullshit.

Realistically, about 1 person in 100 can wholly dedicate his life to learning the art of killing people. Increasing the proportion would just mean that each individual warrior would be forced to spend some of his time trying to earn his bread, insread of improving his craft. Even if we add every other form of people who essentially just take food and goods from the society, while not producing them and doing no immediately useful economic function, including clergy in positions high enough to not do manual work, educated class, and whatever, such people would never number more than 1 in 20, more likely 1 in 50, given that it is their portion of the overall population, not households.

Among those, people with PC classes would only be a part, and probably a smaller part.

3.PF class demographics are fucking insane for a setting that tries to retain some degree of pseudo-medieval veneer. Or not immediately exlode in a free-for-all between uberpowerful characters.
>>
>>53592384
Fuck off TAZfag
>>
What makes witches good?

Are changeling good at it?
>>
>>53592847
Regular stone or stone guardian?
>>
>>53592857
RotJR's almost at the end of book 1.
Even if it does inexplicably die, it won't be a bamboozle because players got a whole story arc out of it.
>>
Anyone know if Pathfinder can be used for massive, 30+ enemy battles against a single party?

I had an idea for a campaign revolving around protecting the world from hordes of goblins spilling out of some caves huge waves.

While each goblin would be fragile as hell, the sheer number of them would make them a challenge. My one fear is if Pathfinder rules begin to fall apart at certain numbers of enemies, like, does the action economy of a massive army Trump even a high level party? Does controlling so many creatures ruin the flow of the game? Any help would be appreciated
>>
>>53592936
the best way to do it would to be use 'troop' rules, which make the goblin army function like swarms in a lot of ways
>>
>>53592889
Changeling are great witches, they can take a racial trait to have a boost to int and they already have the flavor of being children of hags
>>
One of these days, when a new gestalt campaign is announced, I'm certain that somebody will try to run a Witch (Seducer)|Bard character. Maybe it'll be a celeb, maybe it'll be a rando, but it'll happen.
>>
>>53592272
Anyone? Help please?
>>
>>53592889
Debuffs. They get debuff spells and a bunch of debuff hexes. That's the biggest thing.
>>
>>53592992
>spoonfeed me please
>>
>>53592989
I was thinking trying to swing a Seducer Witch|Antipaladin, personally.
>>
>>53592889
Changelings have a racial trait called Witchborn that changes their stat array to +2 Int, +2 Cha, and -2 Con. that makes them good at it. Witch patrons that also make changelings especially interesting are Strength (because of the added clerical combat spells and the fact that mother's Gifts enhance their claws and natural armor); Decadence, Deception, Insanity, and Enchantment for the object of desire bonus; and Healing, which makes a potent addition to the witch's pretty good selection of healing spells.

Also, take note that the Endurance patron grants access to Miracle, which is Wish without an expensive component for lesser purposes.
>>
>>53592989
Someone already applied with a seducer witch to Ensoulment.
>>
>>53592992
Never played an archer so I can't help that much but I have played ranged before

Deadly Range (power attack for ranged)
Precise Shot
Point Blank Shot
Rapid Shot

Not nescesarily in that order. Hope I helped
>>
Is it possible to make an empath in Pathfinder? Somebody who can feel the emotions of those around them, like a wizard does with their familiar but with everybody instead. DSP Psionics included if necessary, but 1PP would be better.
>>
>>53592992
>>53593025
Manyshot is a thing too, it's another extra arrow that stacks with Rapid Shot. Also Clustered Shots, which lets you treat all your arrows as one attack for the purpose of DR. Might not be vital if you keep the enhancement bonus on your bow high, though.
>>
>>53593051
Psychic spells have several such methods. so, Psychic, Spiritualist, Mesmerists, and the like, as well as some oddballs like Esoteric Magus.
>>
>>53593014
Yes but that person is Rory
>>
Best feats for melee wilder?
>>
>>53593118
But those are just spells with a limited duration, yeah? No archetypes that just have a passive, always active empathy?
>>
>>53592936
There are far better systems for this sort of thing.
>>
>>53593176
Not that I am aware of. Even psychic sorcerers don't get thoughtsense until 15th level, and that isn't even mind reading.
>>
>>53593051
Celestial or Fiend pact avowed sense is the best for this, actually.
>>
>>53593186
Troop rules?
>>
>>53592859
>Realistically, about 1 person in 100 can wholly dedicate his life to learning the art of killing people.
What does that have to do with anything? The majority of people with PC classes aren't those people. Shit, you can have a PC class with no training whatsoever, like Sorcerer or Oracle.
>>
>>53592911
I think it will die when they realize they'd rather play Starfinder together.
>>
>>53592820
No though technically getting the powder wet should have its usual effect.

Actually no nevermind; composite bows don't disintegrate in the rain and their strings don't lose power and snap easily from getting wet so WHY THE FUCK should gunpowder have that problem in PF?

There are specific spells that damage firearms.
>>
>>53592272
If it's bow, so truly "archery" archery, rapidshot, manyshot, deadly aim, precise shot (so point-blank as a prereq).

Secondaries are clustered shots and hammer the gap and whatever else you want but you're already topping the charts with only the above.
>>
Say, is Miao a filthy cabalist?
>>
In a gestalt game, should a player's Leadership cohort also be gestalt? Assuming that there's only 2 PCs, in this case.
>>
>>53593318
Because paper alchemical cartridges are a thing. As a side note, cap and ball weapons rarely have this problem because you seal the powder in with grease to keep the wad from falling out.
>>
How do gestalts between two full caster classes work? Separate spell lists, same amount of spells cast per day?
>>
>>53593369
And composite bows are a thing. You know what happens when they get humid? Not even wet, humid? The wood warps, the sinews stretch, the glues dissolve, and it's exceptionally bad for a weapon's integrity when all of those happen separately at once on the same weapon.

At least when wood warps it's still in one piece. Composite bows just tear themselves apart!

Plus even the bowstring gets utterly fucked in the rain. days of forced march in the rain was what made genoese crossbowmen less capable at range than the archers they faced.
>>
>>53593237
Yes, and? They're worthless.
>>
>>53593428
Completely separate. Pretend the other 'side' of the gestalt does not exist when using either. Each is its own list, its own caster level, its own class abilities (such as spell points, spell slots, power points, DCs, possibly even its own casting stat if you so choose) and knows nothing of the other one.
>>
>>53593270
Is it truly dying? They seem to have had a lot of fun in Burnt Offerings, and that campaign wraps up real nice.

Ooh, what if they do Brinewall Castle and the end-scene, the one with the Amatatsu Seal, is actually a piece of physical code that brings them back out into the real world. Perhaps Ameiko is a genuine Space Princess they're trying to bring back to power in the Celestial Empire somewhere out in the Vast.
>>
>>53593270
>would rather play starblunder

Man fuck that, if I wanted to play a space campaign I wouldn't have fucking apped to a Pathfinder game, I'dda looked for a different system entirely.
>>
>>53593364
That's really up to the GM. Leadership is pretty damn powerful feat regardless, so if you're looking at it like that, there's no need to buff it by making the cohort a gestalt character as well. On the other hand, you have to ask yourself just how special the PCs are: if all(or most) significant NPCs are gestalt, then that's a good argument for making the cohort a gestalt character as well: After all, there's hardly going to be another NPC as important as he is, short of the BBEG.

If you're just doing gestalt to have a rounded party with just two players, then you might as well go ahead and make the cohort gestalt as well, IMO.
>>
Is an unarmed dervish defender build viable?
>>
>>53593353
The name Miao is not recognized within the discords.
They might use a different name though. I see them apply to a lot of pfg games.
>>
Quick question. Roughly how big is a vial of poison in Pathfinder?

Are we talking some tiny little ampule that's the size of half a pinky or a whole fucking beaker? I'm trying to figure out if it can be smuggled up an ass and roughly how many it'd take to fill a bucket.
>>
>>53593614
>cohort
>NPC
???
>>
>>53593681
Half or a whole pinky, I'd wager. Your guy's going to be very sore.
>>
>>53593667
Mio
Mao
Mio
Mao

LA LA LA LALA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_QawamZmJM
>>
>>53593715
Cohort IS an NPC. As in, a character not controlled by any of the players.
>>
>>53593757
No. Cohort's an additional PC that's played by the person with leadership.
>>
>>53593778
That varies depending on the group, though?
>>
How big is too big?
>>
>>53593778
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/leadership/
>A cohort is generally an NPC with class levels
>>
>>53593795
12 inches
>>
>>53593353
>>53593667
I've applied to two and a half. Schedule changes killed number one and the half. I am not even close to being a cabalist. Witch maybe, but that's a personal problem.
>>
>>53593794
Those groups are a bunch of morons.

>>53593802
Utterly worthless. I know I'd never play with a GM where they tried to touch my cohorts.
>>
>>53593807
With training you can manage 18 inches. Takes a few months, usually.
>>
>>53593735
I wouldn't say VERY, the human asshole can fit far bigger things. A pinky up the ass is less bad than getting your prostate checked.
>>
>>53593818
>badwrongfun Anon strikes again

I know you have shitty GMs, but some people here can trust their GM.
>>
>>53593818
Ah, so you're an entitled faggot, then. Leadership is already way too powerful for a single feat, there's no reason other than entitlement to think that you get a second PC for the price of a feat.
>>
>>53593818
Followup to this post.

>>53593802
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/campaignSystems/companions.html

>A cohort is generally considered a player-controlled companion, and therefore you get to decide how the cohort advances. The GM might step in if you make choices that are inappropriate for the cohort, use the cohort as a mechanism for pushing the boundaries of the game rules, or treat the cohort unfairly.

>A cohort is generally considered a player-controlled companion
Fuck off. Yes, the GM has the right to veto stupid shit, but that's the exact same as with any other PC.

>>53593834
>>53593841
See above.
>>
>>53593807
>>53593830
Wait, hold up. Which hole are we talking about here? Cause I'm pretty sure you can't fit anything over 8 inches in a vag and even that's pushing it.
>>
Gonna be playing in a setting with lots of guns, but I want to be melee. Any good builds for being able to get past bullets and kill things?
>>
>>53593864
Vaginal depth varies depending on the woman, but unaroused that's a good ballpark estimate. The number increases dramatically when the woman's given some foreplay or sufficiently aroused.
>>
>>53593614
Seems reasonable, I was just curious what the thread thought about such a thing, since it's generally accepted that the feat is kind of busted as-is anyway.
>>
>>53593889
Like a bag of holding that depends on arousal?
>>
>>53593906
The feat was originally a core Fighter class feature. There's nothing wrong with it per-se, it all depends on how you use it.
>>
>>53593864
>>53593889
>>53593864
All three.

Never heard of the film Behind the Green Door, have you....
>>
>>53593882
The only way to reliably get past bullets is to have high Touch AC, which means Deflection and Dexterity. Fighter gets some techniques that enable you to cut bullets out of the air,
>>
>>53593889
I wasn't sure if my number was correct, so I went and looked it up. Apparently, unaroused, it's 4-5 inches. Aroused you can fit 8-9, but you're entering "get punched in the cervix" territory.
>>
>>53593933
>cut bullets out of the air
Tell me more. Also, what are some good ways of getting Deflection?
>>
>>53593924
Sure...? I'd liken it more to an inverted dick - it's got some inches when chubby, but you need to get the guy turned on for the real fun.

Also, protip; the cervix is not a fun button, it fucking hurts when it's hit.
>>
>>53593933
How the fuck does that work? If you cut a bullet right in front of you, you're just gonna end up with TWO holes in your chest.
>>
>>53593882
Unchained Monk. Remember Deflect Arrows and Snatch Arrows works on bullets, and their bonus to AC works on touch attacks. Arcane Shield as a high level full caster is probably the best deflection bonus you can get outside of mythic stuff.Mythic
>>
>>53593924
A vag of holding, if you will.
>>
>>53593973
You're just that good.
>>
>>53593854
Again, it depends on the fucking group you dipshit. The player directing starts, growth, and having a say in what goes on in general with the cohort is a given, but some people think it's more fun to have them be played out as an NPC follower outside of that. It's a feat, not a class feature.
>>
>>53593973
By RAW EX abilities can break the laws of physics anon. You kill it's momentum with you kill the bullet, of course.
>>
>>53594008
That RAW line existed in 3.5 but was removed in PF
>>
>>53593998
>>53594008
Yeah but, if you swung just a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny bit slower, you could push the bullet to the side, cause it basically bounces off your blade, instead of cutting it and getting shot like an idiot.
>>
>>53594001
>Again, it depends on the fucking group you dipshit
Yeah, some groups are fucking morons that let the GM take their class features away from them. Funniest thing is, I blew morons exactly like you the fuck out two years ago.

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/40232314/#40240252
>>
>>53594041
>Yeah, some GMs are fucking morons that let the players ruin the game with their OP bullshit

FTFY.
>>
>>53594041
>>53594060
Could you two fuck off already? We're trying to have a civilized discussion about bullets and vaginas here.
>>
>>53594060
>Leadership
>OP
Fuck off.
>>
>>53594076
It's literally the most OP bullshit feat WotC or Paizo ever published, even taking into account shit like Sacred Geometry.
>>
>>53594072
Why not bullets with vaginas carved into them? How good is the penetration on those?
>>
File: 1455649022289.jpg (85KB, 800x828px) Image search: [Google]
1455649022289.jpg
85KB, 800x828px
>>53593889
Are we to assume non-human or demi-human races behave the same way? Perhaps their reproductive organs work different. Imagine, if you will, if the female Elf has a vaginal canal similar to that of a duck - which is to say, an inverted spiral designed explicitly to deter rape, and the only way an Elf can be penetrated is after being sufficiently aroused first.
>>
>>53594106
>Why not bullets with vaginas carved into them?

Those are called hollow points, and they're hideously effective against unarmored targets.
>>
>>53594102
Stay delusional.

>>53594115
I don't give a shit about being polite to a retard like you. Cohorts are controlled by the player, not the GM, end of discussion. I don't want the GM trying to touch them. You know, because they're a second PC, same as I wouldn't want them making my PC say shit they wouldn't say.
>>
>>53594144
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Let me be an entitled piece of shit in peace!

Kek. Stay butthurt, retard.
>>
>>53593743
....that was weird.

Hi Luna.
>>
>>53594144
>Player takes leadership because they like an NPC and want then to tag along, and want then to get stronger while they do
>Suddenly they HAVE to roleplay two PCs at once and any cool dynamic gets killed
>>
>>53594215
>He can't make a cool dynamic between two PCs
I pity you.
>>
>>53591448
Maybe Mageknight for the chassis?
>>
>>53593854
And also, you're not actually quoting the feat, but a book on campaigns and varients thereof. The Feat itself makes zero mention of who builds, controls, or directs the cohorts.

So it could work entirely different than how you paint it.
>>
>>53594144
See
>>53594257
>>
>>53594215
I have a two player pathfinder game and I made it easier by giving them both a cohort for free essentially. It gets a little rough when roleplaying the two cohorts interacting with each other. I also offered that they can either direct them via commands /yelling in combat, or they act in accordance of their own ideas about the best thing to do. I also offered full control but they didn't lile that idea.
>>
>>53594234
There's a difference between two PCs and one fag playing two PCs, especially when one of them was an NPC that the player got invested in and now has to completely control. It loses some of the charm.
>>
Relatedly, if a player builds their own cohort, what would happen if the cohort dies? Would they... Just build the same one?
>>
>>53594310
If the player is actually invested in the cohort, they would quest/pay to revive them.
>>
File: population distribution.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
population distribution.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>53587553
>>53588823
>>53588839
>>53592859
I wont tell you how to do population in your games but this is the one i use. Its out of the adnd high level campaign dungeon master option
>>
>>53594257
>>53594274
>>53594290
Sorry for getting mad, my GM abused my cohort last session, when I thought they had to be GM-controlled, and I ended up venting my anger here and pretended I was somebody here longer to boost my "rep".
>>
>>53594465
Like I said, it depends on the group. If your GM is a huge fag who abuses your trust then you being pissed at him makes perfect sense and not wanting him to fuck around too much with the cohort does as well.
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>53594835
>>53594835
>>53594835
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.