[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fixing the Tau

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Various_Xenos.jpg (1MB, 1328x858px) Image search: [Google]
Various_Xenos.jpg
1MB, 1328x858px
ok, so. GW announces that The Tau Empire are getting removed, or refluffed at the vary least

instead of being blue mecha-piloting Communists there now replaced with a Alien Coalition/Federation faction founded by surviving races of The Great Crusade and/or The Cabal

Tau still exist as they where before, mechs and all, along with Kroot and Vespids, its just that there front line auxiliary now instead of the ones running the whole thing.

does this sound like a good idea or am i trying to hard?
>>
File: IMG_1520.jpg (34KB, 370x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1520.jpg
34KB, 370x650px
>>53586484
Thred ded?
>>
File: latest.jpg (317KB, 917x771px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
317KB, 917x771px
>>53586484
I'd like Tau to be more like the UFP of 40k. They're predominantly run by the technologically-advanced Tau, but have several alien auxiliaries (Demiurg, Nicassar, Tarelians, etc) which can give them a lot of versatility and give GW the ability to give models to other races in the setting without shelling out for a full new army for each.
>>
>>53586484
Wait, what? What other aliens will be part of them? Squats? The ones from the Dark Eldar court of the archon? Jokaero?
>>
File: demiurg.jpg (20KB, 250x305px) Image search: [Google]
demiurg.jpg
20KB, 250x305px
>>53587422
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tau_Empire#Other_Races
>>
>>53587385
This. Even make random aliens and say it's a minor alien. No need to fluff them all out a shitton. And it would make Tau fit in better. Rather than pull shit out of their ass to make them win, or make every other faction become a group of babbling apes screeching and throwing shit to justify them winning, it would feel like they belong more. And feel less like it's pandering to weebs so obviously. They could have their idealism, but like in ST they could have their version of section 31( if that is the name, I forget) that does shady shit because they know what really awaits them out there and pure idealism won't cut it. That's why even the Farsight Enclaves fit in universe better than normal Tau.
>>
>>53587422
just fucking pull shit out there ass.

just make a weird alien design and call it a model.

i just want a dedicated Xeno faction that can actually stand up too the Imperium that doesnt consist of one race.
>>
>>53586484
Yes you are trying too hard the Tau Empire are not supposed to be the good guys they are posing as the good guys but its all a sham. You have to remember that they're also racist..

I would rather make the Farsight Enclaves the bastion of freedom and democracy.
>>
>>53587851
I never said anything about making them good guys.
>>
>>53586484
You're trying too hard.

Tau are fine the way they are, fluff wise. I would settle for more development on the Kroot and Vespid side of things, since they've been almost useless since inception.
>>
File: brain_eater_by_trufanov-d5hglgk.jpg (117KB, 900x1237px) Image search: [Google]
brain_eater_by_trufanov-d5hglgk.jpg
117KB, 900x1237px
>>53587851
>I would rather make the Farsight Enclaves the bastion of freedom and democracy.
Yup. Farsight needs more attention.

Now, it would be nice to have some other interesting slave... I mean, 'allies" to the Tau.
An easy way to make them is taking any classical fantasy creature that was not used yet in 40k and making a xenos version of it.
>>
>>53588035
>tau fluff
>fine

So, weeb or just have little to no clue how all these Tau stories rely on the writers pulling a deus ex machina out of their ass to save the Tau or have every other faction they beat have to act buttfuckingly retarded to make it work? Tau fluff is terrible. I don't mind them winning some battles, but can we have them win without the random asspulls or the factions they fight suddenly turning into drooling retards?
>>
>>53586484
Kill off Farsight or make him fall to evil. Kill Shadowsun. Kill her dead. Then elevate some Tau characters that aren't fucking insufferable as a foil to evil Farsight or whoever killed him.
>>
>>53588417
Asshole, look at the GS and the new Devastation of Baal story, The Imperium was saved by a long series of deus ex machina and had their enemies act like total retards. So the Imperium must be removed, eh?

You are fucking moronic troll. This thread established that. Kys.
>>
>>53588417
Pretty sure anon meant their government fluff not the battle fluff. Like the way shadowsun had the plotshield of your average teenage protagonist in a mech tv show.
>>
>>53586484
I always liked the concept of the Tau as a confederation of minor alien races allied together for mutual protection against the Imperium. It's more interesting and unique to 40k then what they are know. Hell, you can keep the suits I don't care.
>>
>>53589316
OP here.

yeah goverment/society fluff was the only thing i wanted to talk about here,

kinda disapointed the thread dissolved into shit fighting
>>
>>53586484
What i want to be fixed about the Tau is their battlesuits, most of the new ones are fucking horribles (aside the big stealth suit), at least if they want to be the weeb faction they need better designs so they can stop being the wannabee weaboos.
>>
I had a similar idea until I realised it doesn't change anything. My idea was that the "Tau" were cover for a bunch of Humans who wanted to not be part of the Empire: which included Squat (Demiurg), and human renegades. Rather than provoke Imperial Ire they ;pretended to by conquered by the Tau. The Tau alliance is actually an alliance of many species, but the fiction of the Tau is for Imperial consumption.
>>
>>53586484
Make them a bit like the space pirates from Metroid. Make them do all kinds of genetic experiments, things like that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.