[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tau 8th Refugee Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 34

File: jhfh01c5ea1z.jpg (658KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
jhfh01c5ea1z.jpg
658KB, 3840x2160px
Which army are you switching to for 8th edition?
>>
>>53584408
>Abandoning the Greater Good
What are you, a Kroot?
>>
Will Necrons be good? Why will Tau be bad now? Let me know genuinely curios. Always wanted to paint up a rusty necrons scheme.
>>
>>53584453
No Kroot would sink that low
>>53584463
'Crons looking better and Tau Riptides got points increased by a good amount so WAACfags are jumping ship
>>
>>53584463
Will have to wait for top 8 tourney lists. I'm not good at theorycrafting. I just know the riptide is shit now so fuck tau.
>>
>>53584408
>Which army are you switching to for 8th edition?
Tau.

Because they are not shit. You're just a bad flavor-of-the-month player. That's all.
>>
>>53584408
That's right.
You fucking WAAC tourney faggots GTFO out my army.
>>
>>53584584
>I'm not good at theorycrafting.
[sarcasm]Well that's a big fucking surprise[/sarcasm]
>I just know the riptide is shit now so fuck tau.
Yep, necrons deserve you.

You really are the kind of idiot that gave tau players a bad name. I actually completely endorse you being a non-tau player. In fact, maybe you should try another game?
>>
File: 20160716_092254.jpg (62KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
20160716_092254.jpg
62KB, 640x360px
Hopefully they will realize their own mistakes and bring tau back in 9th or sooner.
>>
>>53584408
If my predictions are correct, they are going to buff Imperium. I'm studying the Prismarines.

But do shelf the Tau. They are now worthless, keep them in a box until we get updates.
>>
File: Ravensvstau1.jpg (933KB, 1331x887px) Image search: [Google]
Ravensvstau1.jpg
933KB, 1331x887px
I'm actually starting a Tau army for 8th, I love Tau battlesuits and mecha but didn't want to be one of those Riptide-wing assholes so I never started the army. Now I don't have to worry about it.

Maybe I can grab a cheap Tau army after all these WAAC-fags start putting them up on ebay.
>>
>>53584453
>>53584623
Pretty much all of the tau's fanbase was flavor of the month player. It's just that it lasted more than a month so a lot of people forgot that tau didn't actually have a fanbase
>>
>>53584810
Riptides are going to be cheap, that's for sure. So if you wanted a big mech to add to your collection, this is the best time to do it.

Just make sure you wash the tears off of them. The extra salt will corrode the plastic.
>>
>>53584568
>'Crons looking better and Tau Riptides got points increased by a good amount so WAACfags are jumping ship
Please don't be telling me that we're becoming the new WAACfag army that people refuse to play against, I just want my robo-egyptian aesthetic.
>>
>>53584623
They are shit anon.

Riptides got fucked. Markerlights are bad. Melee is deadly.

I can see GW wanting Tau to use more infantry, but Pathfinders still suck ass even if cheaper.

>>53584810
>anon shitposting
Nobody is selling models chump. Most will just shelf them until the inevitable come back.
>>
>>53584408
Tau, they're cheap at the moment.
>>
>>53584872
>that people refuse to play against
Who gives a shit? People cannot refuse you in tourney.
>>
>>53584872
I think the new WAAC army might be orks
>>
>>53584408
idk, havent played since 5th
going to read all the new rules first
>>
>>53584895
Neat, they're my main force.
>>
>>53584850
I started Tau in 4th. I never had regrets, and I certainly don't now.
>>
>>53584408
The only big Tau suit that looks good at all is the Ghostkeel and it's buffed for 8th anyway.
>>
>>53584873
>They are shit
Confirmed for not knowing a fucking thing
Make sure to keep jumping on bandwagons because it's all you're good at
>>
>>53584408
>>53584568

Noooo i thought people didnt like playing against necrons before, now all the WAAC bandwagoners are going to make it 10x worse
>>
>>53584950
>Confirmed for not knowing a fucking thing
Confirmed to not understanding how the game, tempo and play works.

Go back to playing for fun you fucking casul.
>>
Okay so a riptide with 2 fusion blasters, an ion cannon, and two drones is 301 points right?
Or did I forget something?
>>
>>53584873
>They are shit anon.
Nope. You're just shit. That's all. It's ok. A lot of players like you depend on 2 or 3 powerful units with no need for tactics and strategy.
>Riptides got fucked.
They are now competitively priced, so instead of being a stupid decision not to bring them, they are now something you need to heavily consider where it's worth it, as most stuff should be.
>Markerlights are bad.
Nope. You just don't know how to deal with change. It's a lateral move. Before markerlights were best used spread out over several targets. And a waste when several were blown on a single target. Now it's the opposite. They are most efficient used in large numbers on single units. They are still going to be essential for tau players, just used differently.
>Melee is deadly.
And overwatch is even more deadly.
>I can see GW wanting Tau to use more infantry, but Pathfinders still suck ass even if cheaper.
Oh jeeze why am I even bothering. You played tau because you heard they win trophies, not because you have any clue how to competitively play 40k. I give up.
>>
>>53584967
Confirmed for being the worst type of competitive 40k player. Warmahordes is more your scene.
>>
>>53584408
Tau. I heard a lot of idiots are getting mad because their giant robots are not i-win buttons anymore. So they are getting buttmad and selling their armies for cheap. 8e rules are looking really good for them.
>>
What is the TL;DR on Tau? Are we back to fourth edition levels of bad?
>>
>>53585107
The stuff WAACfags depended on before, are now overpriced in points. But everything else still fits the Tau play style and will be a good challenge to play for any type of player.
>>
>>53585136
How overpriced are we talking?
>>
>>53585153
Crisis suits, riptides, and broadsides got hit the hardest. They are just not spammable now, but still very good options when used moderately and taken to fill the role they specialize in a list.
>>
>Tau doom robots are now appropriately costed
>Faction is deaaaad
>>
>>53585215
Just watch. Here in a couple months he's going to bring his crons to a tourney and get blasted by a tau player who knows what he's doing.

I wish I could see it.
>>
>>53585215
also, the infantry look like they can still combine for pretty decent walls of fire.
Fireblade, darkstrider, ethereal, pulse accelerator drone.

and I know people are saying vehicles are overcost (this is for every faction), but lets see how the completely different rules for them work for a bit first.
>>
>>53585424
I thought they were overcosted too, then I saw everyone got their vehicles overcosted. So it's really not that much of an issue.
>>
Is a wh40k match still about 80% decided by your army list vs opponent's army list rather than how you actually use your army?

t. haven't played warhams in about 10 years
>>
>>53585547
yes and that's common to most games. Dota 2 is 65% the draft at highest levels.
>>
>>53585547
Haven't played 8th yet, but I do like a lot of the changes, they seem more promising. Things like anything possibly wounding anything reduces some of the rock-paper-scissors shenanigans that plagued 7e. It may still be there, just not as prevalent.

AoS may be a bad word here, but it's the same thing there too. There are powerful lists, but they are not completely unbeatable. Smart players can give them a challenge. I took a noncompetitive dispossessed list to the LVO and beat a player who had a really meta SCE list, and i barely won out against him.

Taking on really top lists usually come down to playing the scenarios smartly and keeping your opponent guessing.
>>
>>53585451
just run an example.
Try to shoot down a devil fish and a piranha. Use different guns. Remember that they can benefit from cover.
Now they can't jink, but that means that there is no 6's to hit. No crew shacken either so no 6's to hit from that either.

See how long it takes to kill them, compared to before.
>>
File: tumblr_Kanna_low_charge.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_Kanna_low_charge.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>53584408
None? I play them because of the awesome Gundam-Suits. Come at me, bro.
>>
>>53585932
>yes and that's common to most games.

Talking out of your ass; I've played plenty of tabletop games where this isn't the case.
>>
>>53584408
Knights until I have good handle on the rules and I see where my Khorne world eaters, Sisters of battle, and Slaanesh daemons are after the fallout settles.
>>
Why comrades! Why leave the bright light of this dark galaxy?

On a serious note though. When I heard about 8th I immediately wanted to get back in the hobby. Just bought a getting started tau box. What next boxedsets do you suggest?
>>
Tau players are pretty much the cancer of 40k since they got their big power update.
>>
File: 46411.jpg (161KB, 545x545px) Image search: [Google]
46411.jpg
161KB, 545x545px
>>53584408

Why don't you try Bolt Action my former Tau friend?? Its full of shooting, he he, he he
>>
>>53584408
You're giving up an army you bought, painted and played with because the previous cheesy strategy no longer works?
>>
>>53590256
>painted

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>53584408
you lowly scum i stick to my oldtau from 4th edition to 8th, never bought a single riptide, and they have always fare fairly, with a gunline of fire warriors and pathfinders, one hammerhead that sniped tanks, and some crisis and xv25 to drop the shit
>>
>>53590256
it's mostly riptides
>>
WTF is going on with all these asshurt T'au players?

They are fine.

Inb4 " i cant spam Riptides all day and auto win".

WAACfag Tau players are used to playing 40K on the Eddie from Tekken difficulty.

Fuck you cunts
>>
>>53584408
Fucking neck yourself shit fucker
>>
>>53584713
You had might as well take all that shit onto your front step, smash it all to shit and bin it because it's fucking dogshit trash now buddy
>>
File: space communists.jpg (271KB, 971x647px) Image search: [Google]
space communists.jpg
271KB, 971x647px
Oh how the tables have turned.

Fuck off blueberries.
>>
>>53591168
This
Get King (II)'d
>>
>>53584408
>leaving tau
My stealthmans are even better now, fuck off.
>>
What is going on in this thread? Tau is still good? My friend played competitive Tau in 7th and is sticking with it for the greater good and marker lights are better. You get to keep them? If people are over reacting it's surely because the army is balanced now. I'm sure the real Tau players are happy to see the power gamers go. Super toxic army jumping competitive play is why this game was kicked into a new edition. If you played Tau to take advantage you literally fed into the cancer that was your favorite game and made 8th edition what it is now... You only have your self to blame. Jesus fucking tits.
>>
Anyone switching from Tau right now is a moron, they're getting some massive buffs.

1. Tau have LOST THEIR WEAKNESS TO MELEE as they can now walk away from melee encounters, and most factions (i.e. Tyranids) have no way to keep you in melee. You can just walk away and shoot them when they charge again.

2. Tau infantry have been almost HALVED in point cost, making some of the best shooting infantry in the game insanely cheap.

3. The changes to assault weapons means that Tau pulse carbines are now REALLY good guns for what they do, and pathfinders got buffed most of all. Markerlights now hit on a 5+ when moving instead of only sixes, Rail Rifles are super good, Pathfinders might become the go-to infantry pick for Tau.

4. The point costs for Riptides does not discourage their use. You can still fit them in your army with the points you saved with infantry, unless you're a mixed-list cancerous WAACfag that wants nothing but them.

I'm going to field my Tau pretty much the same as I was before, with one riptide and an equal amount of other units, and my army is going to have a shitton more dudes than before.
>>
>>53585047
>no need for tactics and strategy

Is there any room for tactics and strategy in 40k whatsoever?
>>
File: 1481846879335.jpg (111KB, 642x886px) Image search: [Google]
1481846879335.jpg
111KB, 642x886px
>>53591583
Yea Nigga preach!
>>
>>53584408
Eh, I may actually start playing Tau with 8th ed, now that this Neon Genesss Metal Gundam Gear O crap is over and that the good-looking models are playable again.
>>
>>53584408
Why, they did a fantastic job on them
>>
I'm not giving up on Tau, but my FSE army's getting sidelined for a bit. I can only imagine how many points The Eight cost in this edition.
>>
>>53591583
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Dying in Melee Real Hahahaha Gue'la Just Walk Away From The Fight Like Gue'la Use Your Jumppack Haha.
>>
>>53584408
If you drop Tau in 8th because of the changes to Riptides, you are fucking stupid and dumb and you can do whatever you want
>>
I kind of feel like starting a tau army now.
I never really liked battlesuits and always preferred their tanks and infantry.

How viable are hammerheads?
>>
>>53592139
Hammerheads have always been good but traditionally it's been best to take Longstrike over a regular hammerhead. Not sure about the new edition yet.
>>
>army gets rightful nerf
>players abandon it
You Tau faggots are the cancer killing this hobby.
>>
Starting imperial guard. Better gun line than tau
>>
This must be a bait thread.
>>
>>53592185
Longstrike is massively better than a regular Hammerhead, he's BS 2+ and has +1 to wound against vehicles and monsters (the usual targets of a hammerhead).

Longstrike also grants +1 to hit to nearby Hammerheads, so he acts a bit like an imperial Tank Commander.
>>
>>53584408
How is khorne daemon kin holding up? Im still painting my collection
>>
>>53592281
Yeah but is he worth the points if you're just taking one? And does he have sept requirements?
>>
>>53592338
He costs 20 points over a regular Hammerhead, so 195 instead of 175 in Railgun + Dual Burst Cannon loadout. I'd say he's worth it, though he's better with a couple other tank to support him.

And yes, he's from the T'au Sept, so that's who he fights for. Not that it really matters.
>>
>>53584873
Good.
>>
>>53585107
Not at all. Crisis suits, riptides and stormsurges got a price hike but stealth suits are way better and are basically like "old" crisis suits. characters got buffed, markerlights are awesome (they don't get used, so you need less overall, and the unit that shoots them can use them also), rail rifle pathfinders cost fucking 27 points and annoy the shit out of everything on the field, broadsides cost more points but can dish out mortal wounds.

Perhaps the only unit in the army that actually got nerfed hard was the Riptide, and this is good: this way faggots who brought a riptide in a 1000 point game can go fuck themselves with their WAAC mentality.

Troops, transports, kroot, vespids and small suit are the shit now. Ghostkeel got buffed too!

The big shitstorm came up because people were not used to craft an army around a strategy, instead they made whatever formation was the cheesiest and won. Now Tau need strategy and sinergy, and many people aren't used to that: these people either sell their army or man up and learn new stuff.
>>
>>53584408
I'm coming back to playing Tau after running from all the tourney WAAC faggots
>>
I haven't touched my tau since the riptide spam began. I like the models, hate the cheese. Now I might actually get back in. Started with their 4th edition book, and curb stomped the "meta" armies of the time. Gonna do it again now that they "suck" again.
>>
>>53584895
Wow Atleast ork players are fun compared to other players

thinking of rebuilding my old ork army and selling my grey knights
>>
File: c21.jpg (30KB, 468x347px) Image search: [Google]
c21.jpg
30KB, 468x347px
>>53584463

I'm going to actually give a proper answer instead of "HURRR RIPTIDE BAD"

First up, Crisis Suits, while tougher and with more wounds, are almost three times the cost they are now and cannot move in the assault phase anymore, so they will die much quicker since they can't play with LOS.

Second, Markerlights have been completely gutted. the new system of having all effects be cumulative means you need 6 marker light tokens on a unit to gain the same bonus as you would get from 3 right now. Additionally, with the effects being cumulative the existing method of chaining markerlights between small units is no longer useful. Pathfinders are still fragile as shit, and the only other vector for markerlights, drones, are now less accurate thanks to the different way Drone controller's work. If we take the logical assumption that drone controller bonuses don't stack they can never hit on better than a 4+.

This is one of the biggest hits to my mind. Tau shooting is very mediocre without Markerlights and they have been made much more awkward to use and overall less useful.

Third, and admittedly this is a thing which is common to a few armies, is that costs are out of control right now. A 65 point Broadside suit now costs over 200. This means in a 2,000 point game actually using suits will eat up all your points stupidly fast.

Fourth, The changes to twin linking is questionably not a buff for Tau, as they relied on twin linking a lot of guns to make up for their overall poor BS.

Fifth, Fan favourite the Riptide has been insanely nerfed. I believe that the Riptide itself was never broken, just the very popular Riptide wing formation was, and now the singular base model has paid for it. Stupidly expensive with just it's standard gear, and it's nova reactor ability now inflicts mortal wounds on it every time it is used.

To conclude, the three pillars that hold up the Tau (Maneuverability, Suits and Marker lights) have all been nerfed heavily, with no replacement
>>
>>53584852
>Riptide as a collection miniature

Why? The design is just so fucking horrible, not even a fan of post 2000 mech or "original" designs from battletech like them.
>>
>>53592910
>I believe the Riptide itself was never broken

Are you fucking serious? If not "broken" it was about as undercosted as the Wraithknight was, maybe slightly less.
>>
>>53586182
>None? I play them because of the awesome Gundam-Suits. Come at me, bro.

Which awesome gundam-suits? Tau have something like that?
>>
>>53592910
>Crisis suits are limited

Stealth Suits got buff. They swapped them around.

>Markerlights got completely gutted.

No they didn't. The new system is cool. Cumulative buffs mean that, while it's true that you have to pay more for the benefits, the charges aren't fucking expended. They're at their best used to really fucking light up a single big model or large blob. This also addresses the mobility problem an extent, because it totally adds running and gunning, which was not really an option Tau had before.

>Costs are going out of control.

No they're not. They're just shuffled. Infantry is cheaper across the board. Broadsides cost more but they gain the ability to dish out mortal wounds. Stealth Suits are great. Ghostkeels got buffed.
>>
>>53592980

With upgrades it was clean over 200 points for a model with essentially 2 guns, and it can't even shoot those well without outside support.

Good, yes, not broken. Letting it shoot twice and reroll nova reactors is broken, but that's the formation not the model.
>>
>>53585153
Broadsides got +1 T, +4 W, and doubled their shots. They went from 65 points kitted to 190 kitted.
Crisis Suits got +1 T, +1 W, and can't be taken naked. Most of their guns are more expensive except for burst cannons and plasma (which aren't as good anymore). They went from 22 naked to 42 naked.
>>
>>53593071

Meanwhile if you -don't- take the Stimulant Injector it's decidedly under 200 points. And paying for the Stimulant Injector is brainless since it gives your t6 2+ save up to 3+ invuln monstrous creature a feel no pain.

>Can't shoot them well without outside support.

Large blast doesn't exactly care too much about whether you're BS3 or BS5. like it helps but it's very effective standalone. It's side weapons are all twin-linked so it's not like it's inaccurate either.

It needed at least a clean 25 points, probably more.
>>
>>53584850
I started tau in 3rd E when their codex came out, and only stopped when when GW went all "Hhhh THICKER" with the battlesuits.
So I'm pretty happy, actually.
>>
>>53593066

Steal suits are still bad, friend. They have nothing that can reach out beyond 18", can't jump back so they will be shredded by any standard anti-infantry fire and can only take one special weapon per three, so they cannot specialize their loadout for shit.

To suggest they're a replacement for crisis suits is lunacy.

The new markerlight system is not cool. Every turn you are having to spend tax tokens for effects which have no point whatsoever to get to what you want.

My usual Tau list runs 16 markerlights. In the new rules I will on average be able to affect one enemy unit per turn to any significant effect.

And is points costs going up by more than 300% not out of control?
>>
>>53593142

In my last few games of 7th I stopped using my Riptide and replaced it with an extra unit of crisis suits, which came out much cheaper. I was genuinely shocked by how much more effective they were since they were able to carry so much more firepower.

It's less braindead than just having a MC with a 2+ and 3++, but don't pretend like the riptide is the be all and end all of the suit armory.
>>
>>53593154
>Prices going up by more than 300% not out of control

Not if they deserve it.

>Nothing that can reach out more than 18" and are shredded by anti-infantry fire

Except they start within 12" of the enemy and get -1 to hit against them, and they can move and shoot their weapons, advance and shooting with either markerlights or Target Locks

>Every turn you are having to spend tax tokens for effects that have no point whatsoever

Except that, once those tokens are on, they're done. They're not going anywhere. Every unit gets those effects. Every unit is getting +1 to hit rerolling ones while running and gunning.
>>
>>53593207

Even if they're being hit on 4+ instead of 3+, at T4 and only three models they will be absolutely shredded by bolter or bolter equivalent fire. Anything that imposes a save mod on them will do it even faster.

>Except they start within 12" of the enemy and get -1 to hit against them, and they can move and shoot their weapons, advance and shooting with either markerlights or Target Locks

Moving and shooting or advancing or shooting is irrelevant. being unable to move again means after they've got close enough to actually engage anything they have to stand out in the open with their blue dicks in their hand to get rapid fired or charged.

>Except that, once those tokens are on, they're done. They're not going anywhere. Every unit gets those effects. Every unit is getting +1 to hit rerolling ones while running and gunning.

Again, irrelevant. Once the locked unit dies, those are still all gone, and there's no more left for anything else on the opponents side.

If there's a mauled MC with 4-5 wounds left, I still have to waste the exact same amount of markers on it instead of just throwing out a few to give just enough of a boost to finish it off.

You know, making a tactical decision when allocating your resources. Like a wargame.

>Not if they deserve it.

Show me on the doll where the robot touched you
>>
>>53592378
With the keyword system you can only get benefits from Longstrike if your sept is the T'au sept rather than your original army.
>>
>>53593280
except you can just throw the 1 marker effect to help finish off the mauled MC and devote the rest of your markerlights to an actual threat.

It sounds like you're used to everything being underpriced and getting to deal with that not being the case anymore.
>>
>>53593302
No one will care if your paint scheme isn't the official T'au one. And if someone does care, then you just found a turboautist and got given a reason to avoid him.

Keywords are only going to be a problem if you want Farsight or Aun'shi in the same detachment as Longstrike.
>>
>>53593345
>Farsight and Longstrike
Exactly my problem anon
>>
>>53592378

I find hard to believe that the T'au have a single tank ace.
>>
>>53593324

>It sounds like you're used to everything being underpriced and getting to deal with that not being the case anymore.

Projecting harder than a cinema.

>except you can just throw the 1 marker effect to help finish off the mauled MC and devote the rest of your markerlights to an actual threat.

Rerolling ones is not nearly as good as getting a BS increase, which is only got at 5.
>>
>>53593411
Not the guy you're arguing with, but yes, anon, markerlights have been nerfed. Does it really surprise you that your entire army isn't bs5 anymore?
>>
>>53593366
Then it's not ideal but you can take a Spearhead detachment with Longstrike, two Hammerhead friends and a Fireblade. Longstrike is at his best with a couple friends, the Fireblade is a BS2+ markerlight and it's not like you were going to use your commander's feat on the tanks.

In a friendly game, I would just talk it out with the opponent beforehand, see if he agrees to consider Longstrike an Enclave unit. The T'au can't possibly have only one tank commander and it's not like Longstrike is so broken that you're powergaming by taking him. I mean, he's much better than a regular Hammerhead but those aren't exactly gamebreaking to start with.
>>
>>53593411
Rerolling ones is not nearly as good as getting a BS increase, but letting two units reroll ones is pretty equivalent. It's a good thing you can then have three units reroll ones, or even more.
>>
Is the loss of JSJ even confirmed yet? Just because it's not on the sheet doesn't mean it's not a global rule for things with the jetpack keyword in the core rulebook.
>>
>>53592208
These are the same kind of rightful nerfs that melee got in 5th edition.
>>
>>53584895
It'll be SoB before the first FAQ :^D
>>
>>53592929
It's like 10x better than any dreadnaught in any other army.
>>
>>53593142
Yeah those bs3 large blasts were so terrifying that everyone were leman russes and basilisks left and right.
>>
>>53593893
there's a big difference between ap2 and ap3, and the riptide had the alternate profile for when it did have markerlight support. Markerlight support also gave them ignores cover, which was another big problem those artillery pieces have, in addition to the fact that the riptide was ridiculously more mobile and durable a platform for it.
>>
>>53593677
global rules are all up.
What you will probably get is a tau only stategum, so that for 1-2cp you can JSJ one of your units with Fly and Battlesuit.
>>
>>53593411
>Rerolling ones is not nearly as good as getting a BS increase, which is only got at 5.
You mean we actually have to WORK for our +1bs? The horror.
>>
I believe there's a support system tah allows you to either ignore cover or always re-roll 1 without the need of markerlights. I dont remember which one.
>>
>>53593992
Multitracker. It's 2 points and you reroll 1s when shooting when all your guns are on the same target.
>>
>>53584408
I'm sticking with tau. I still like their infantry and hopefully I can run some semblence of a farsight enclave still. I have 15 crisis suits.

Glad I never bought into the riptide rape train.
>>
>>53593411
It is a Nerf, yes. But not nearly as bad as you make it sound it is. Markerlights just need to be used differently, and players are going to need to learn new strategies. Like another anon said, run-n-gun is a new option for us, that we may figure out. I don't think it's fair to call this all a massive Nerf into the dirt until we see what emerges from the dust.
>>
>>53593968
>paying 80 points for +1 bs against one unit per turn
>>
>>53593968

Yeah, exactly 5 times the work. On units that are three times the cost.

If you can't see how thats too far you're too far gone into the hivemind.
>>
>>53594385

Run and gun is a terrible strategy for nu-tau.

You run in, obliterate the one unit you've been able to mark up, cool. Now you're in range of almost everything your opponent has and you're still mostly T3 with a 4+ save.

See how well that will go.
>>
>>53594093
Mathhammer wise is rerolling ones better than another gun?
>>
>>53594883
So you assume run-n-gun means we want to use it to get closer to the enemy?

Whatever man, you seem to have already made up your mind on how effective tau are. I haven't come to the same conclusions you have yet because I haven't had a chance to play them at least a month or 2.
>>
>>53594961
Was about to post exactly this. Trying to find the global rules but can't open the PDF on my phone.
>>
>>53594926
On absolute level no. Bs4+ with rerolls of 1 is roughly 58% hit rate, or about ~20% increase in efficiency. Getting third gun increases your damage output by 50%. Haven't calculated if it's more point efficient as the multitracker is cheaper tham most of the guns.
>>
>>53594122
Have fun never winning a tourney again.
>>
>>53595342
Who cares about tournies?
>>
>>53595388
Anybody who is not a scrub and thus opinions are worthless.
>>
File: photo.jpg (63KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
63KB, 900x900px
>>53595426
I tip my fedora to you, good sir.
>>
>>53595517
Thank you anon, please go back playing for fun with the other casuals.
>>
>>53595567
Naw, I rather enjoy being among the dregs of society, tipping our fedoras. You are truly our guy.

BTW, I love playing in tournaments. You're just an asshole.
>>
>>53595621
>BTW, I love losing in tournaments.
Whatever suits your boat anon!
>>
>>53591592
Now there is
>>
>>53584408
I'm thinking of switching to Tau, now firewarriors and crisis suits are viable and players won't instantly groan when I set up my army they look like a lot of fun.

Anyone who bought 3 riptides deserves the tears.
>>
File: 1496511136431.jpg (46KB, 578x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496511136431.jpg
46KB, 578x600px
>>53595655
>age of guiliman
>tactics
>>
>>53595342
I know this is bait but honestly anybody who plays 40k as a competitive game is doing it wrong. It's never been a competitive game and never will be a competitive game.

This is because it's awfully balanced, near impossible to balance, has a massive reliance on luck and has very little semblance of actual skill, strategy and tactics involved. Never has , never will.
>>
>neat I'll start Ta-
>$50 for basic troops, not even enough for 12 men
Given how the riptide is "only" $85 it's hard to not see why people spammed them. Aside from WAAC.
>>
>>53596239
>starting an army without the start collecting box through a third party for an additional 20% off

Are you retarded?
>>
File: WarmaInfinity.jpg (26KB, 477x205px) Image search: [Google]
WarmaInfinity.jpg
26KB, 477x205px
>>53584408

Infinity or Warmachine, not sure yet. GW is dead to me, although they make the best models.
>>
>>53584408
If it all turns out well, I might see if I can rehabilitate my 5e Tau. Hammerhead, skyray, a couple broadsides and 7 samurai. Still in my closet somewhere
>>
>>53596075
>I know this is bait but honestly anybody who plays 40k as a competitive game is doing it wrong. . It's never been a competitive game because conjecture opinion conjecture.
If it hasn't competitive it wouldn't have tourneys.
>>
>>53584408
I'm waiting to see if they'll actually release good Sororitas models. if so, I'm going in regardless of anything else happening in my life. Otherwise I'll probably just sit back and pick up models I think are cool.
>>
>>53596322
Start collecting has suits and an ethereal.
AKA chaff.
>>
File: 1480029013971.jpg (32KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1480029013971.jpg
32KB, 412x430px
>>53592335
Bloodletters are good. Fleshhounds seem to expensive but in a Khorne only daemon army they can add some needed psychic defense. You gain nothing for sticking to the theme and not adding other daemons. If you want a Khorne theme just add some CSM. Adding 2 autocannon predators could give you some much needed fire power since the soul grinders only hit on 5s when walking. And Khrone berserkers shine against mass-low-strength-shooting when your bloodletters die droves towards it. So that could be a good compliment as well.
>>
I'm thinking of starting a Sisters of Battle Army soon, how are they holding up?

Have I already fucked up?
>>
Not gonna lie, former Tau player here. This is fucking hilarious watching the Greater Good crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this army get sub-200 pt riptides.
>>
>>53596903
there are different levels of competitive for tournies.
The highlander Frankenstein tourny was not terribly serious or competitive.
Adepticon stuff is.
And just because you try to do something, doesn't mean it works too well. You can try to be competitive with a lot of games, it doesn't mean it works well for those games.
>>
File: 1492919318436.gif (2MB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1492919318436.gif
2MB, 125x125px
>>53584408
>tfw I'll actually get to see an honest to Emperor Tau player again and not just some flavor of the month tfg spamming riptides
>>
File: 1426054285614.jpg (181KB, 753x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1426054285614.jpg
181KB, 753x1061px
>>53598196
Feels good man
>>
>>53597932
You sound like a faggot. Nobody cares about you.
>>
File: 20170603_183353.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170603_183353.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
I just got my ass handed to me by a 1250 points necron army as a tau player. He had two units of 20 warriors bubble wrapping two characters (a lord and a cryptek) with a ghost ark behind it. plus an unit of immortals and one of deathmarks.

I had three units of 8 pathfinders (2 were rail rifles), an ethereal, a cadre fireblade, a commander with 2 plasma 1 flamer and ATS, four units of 6 FW with DS8 turrets, two teams of stealth suits (with fusion blaster, ATS)

It was our first 8th edition game. Markerlights never seemed to hit and i couldn't kill any unit of his! Also it was a relic mission....

What did i do wrong? How can i counter this fucking warrior bubble?
>>
File: 20170603_225046.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170603_225046.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>53599125
Another pic
>>
>>53599125
>What did i do wrong? How can i counter this fucking warrior bubble?
You can't. :^)
>>
>>53599351
Sure? :(
>>
>>53599125
Of all the armies that seem to have changed around in potential meta, necrons don't seem like they changed places. They should be in mid-top/top like they were before. They depend on a few unbeatable combos, but I think they are going to struggle against dedicated melee this edition.

In 7e, I had more success sending kroot at warriors than shooting them.
>>
All Taufags should just quit. The problem was never with the Tau, it was always with the people who played Tau. They will just transplant their faggotry to the next army they pick up.
>>
>>53599726
What is your definition of a Taufag ?
A WAACfag ?
A Tau player ?
>>
>>53599726
No. You do not group me in with those riptidespamming waacfag douchebags. There are plenty of us not like that. So many who are happy to bring our Tau out without being ashamed of it again. That is not cool man. Many of us like the army for the story and aesthetic and play style. We didn't buy into them because fags on 4chan said it would win us trophies. So you can fuck yourself, I for one am here to stay and ready to relearn my army all over again.
>>
>>53599125
switch factions dumbass, tau is dead
>>
I'm hoping that Ork, Necron, or Nids hit top tournament lists so I can switch to one of them. Going to be awful if I have to switch to a eldar/sm/etc army instead to be competitive again.

Also WAAC is part of the world. Get used to it.
>>
File: Tyranid_s_(1).png (154KB, 848x783px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranid_s_(1).png
154KB, 848x783px
>all these butthurt taufags.

>my fucking face when.
>>
>>53599934
I hope you get bone cancer
>>
>>53584873
>Riptides got fucked. Markerlights are bad. Melee is deadly.

Incorrect. Incorrect. Same as before to the tau.

>I can see GW wanting Tau to use more infantry, but Pathfinders still suck ass even if cheaper.

They don't seem to from my reading of the rules.

It's funny how every single army thinks it suddenly sucks because its shitty D spewing death star and top spec spammed unit got worse while they ignore the total shift in meta.

Repeat it with me. THIS ISN'T A NEW TAU CODEX FOR SEVENTH EDITION.
>>
Finally I won't be associated with WAAC cunts and can play my tau with no stigma... Well less stigma.
>>
Tau are SUPPOSED to be scared of assault!

For too long you faggots never had to really worry because you could shoot everything off the table before it got close. Now you're all shitting your pants because assault armies are able to get in your face again.
>>
>>53594926
In addition to what the other anon pointed out, rerolling 1s is the easiest ML benefit, so the MT will be redundant if you're running moderate ML support.
>>
>>53599125
Necrons suffer pretty badly from morale so focus firing one unit can wear it down. Sniper drones would probably be good for picking out the characters, other than that you have a HUGE advantage in speed and a small one in range.

His force also looks like it'd be pretty terrible at handling heavier units or assaults.

Not sure what you have available, and 1250 is kind of a low point value for 40k games. The lower the point value the more it sorta becomes rock paper scissors and he definitely went all in on tough infantry swarm with no anti tank or mellee.
>>
>>53599934
>Also douchebags are part of the world. Get used to it.
Oh I've learned that long ago. The only thing I can do about is not be one. Good luck being an insufferable prick who can only get games with people because they are forced to at tournaments. I'll stay in my pleb tier where I'm enjoying the hobby
>>
>>53600082
I had an unit of three drones with a marksman. His leaderz though had 6 and 4 wounds, and regenerated a wound each turn...should i have more sniper drones?
>>
>>53600188
>I had an unit of three drones with a marksman. His leaderz though had 6 and 4 wounds, and regenerated a wound each turn...should i have more sniper drones?

Nah, go for the Cryptek instead if you keep playing the same point value, its resurrection buff is too good to let live and its a lot easier to kill than a buffed lord. If you go to a higher points value i'd get more drones. Try and measure out how many it takes for the drones to kill the character that is giving you trouble in two turns of shooting. If the drones spend all game killing a single dude they aren't worth it. You need to be able to get those buffs off the board.

If you find that the drones just weren't doing enough at that point value and you play that guy a lot i'd say drop them in favor of something that just brute forces medium infantry down or a unit of kroot. His force looks like it'd have a very hard time killing any vehicles.
>>
>>53600188
Sniper drones a better this edition, because they have a different role. But they are also a trap. People are tempted to take a lot of them and go for guilliman, or the big tough warboss.

They are better suited for the little elite slot characters, like the meks and apothecaries.

Also note that the drones do not need to be nearby the marksman to get his benefit. The marksman only has to see them. So you can have the drones zip around and try to flank and get in range, even better rapid fire range, of the mini-characters theyre meant to snipe.

Also you may not need the firesight marksman at all. You could just buy the drones and get them near a battlesuit with drone controller.
>>
>>53600117
Have fun never winning anything that actually makes a difference.
>>
This thread is precisely why i tell people to disregard the meta when they start 40k and want to pick their army

The first thing to go in an edition shift is the gimmick armies of the previous ed, especially ones reliant on units like riptides that were mostly good because of their unit type and the edition specific rules that went with it

Ware this lesson well, ye bastardes of the unpainted riptide wing
>>
>>53600705
>Ware this lesson well, ye bastardes of the unpainted riptide wing
What are you talking about anon? If those riptide taus were smart they already made the value paid worthwhile.

Of course we are changing in the new edition. MtG cards also rotate through blocks. Doesn't change that the point is winning at the new competitions.
>>
>>53600680
>makes a difference
>games of 40k

Please leave your house and notice that there is a planet full of people not playing tiny plastic men games.
>>
>>53599125
Have something fast and flying and/or disposable charge the blob at the point the furthest away from the characters. Wait until his warriors pile in towards your unit and thus open up a corridor towards his important dudes. Have something with a big gun on hand to savage the exposed assholes.
>>
>>53600680
>Sad waacfag tries justifying his miserable existence
Keep at it, my friend. Dream big!
>>
>>53600779
Please leave your house and realize tourneys have prizes.

>>53600790
>sad that I have a hobby and win with it
Scrub don't need to apply.
>>
>>53600764
>Of course we are changing in the new edition. MtG cards also rotate through blocks. Doesn't change that the point is winning at the new competitions.

Yeah, those MTG cards you buy for hundreds of dollars a pop then spend dozens of hours modeling, painting, and customizing. They're both hobbies, and if you're a hardcore idiot with no self control you can casually swap to different flavor of the month builds, but most humans won't make that choice because it's idiotic.
>>
>>53600813
>Please leave your house and realize tourneys have prizes.

Enjoy store credit so that you can get 10% of the way closer to the flavor of the month build you HAVE to buy in six months while you constantly lose money to the treadmill.
>>
>>53600825
>7th edition: released at May 24th 2014
Gtfo retard.
>>
>>53600764
You would be surprised at the number of people who cannot grasp what you said in your post. I think this thread is proof of that, isnt it?

In any case I was not talking about the competitive players who are aware of the edition cycle, im specifically referring to the people who buy an army in 40k that is doing well at time of purchase and expect it to stay that way
>>
>>53600846
>flavor of the month
>riptides were great through entire editions
>projection
>>
>>53600813
Keep going. You really aren't helping your case to convince us you are anything but the sad loser we think you are. It's actually pretty sad really.
>>
>>53600883
>if you win tourneys you are a sad loser
Really makes me think.
>>
>>53591329
Fuck all of you, this is still very cute.
>>
File: 1475437514125.gif (3MB, 684x340px) Image search: [Google]
1475437514125.gif
3MB, 684x340px
>>53600893
>spends thousands of dollars to keep up with the meta
>constantly trolls forums for the best possible build
>sometimes wins (but probably not) tournaments for store credit
>acts like a total dick about it

Lets go back to talking about tau or whatever, you shits always just look bad in these threads.
>>
>>53600893
I don't think you know the type of 'loser' he was talking about.
>>
>>53600957
>projecting how much I use
>consider strategy advice trolling
>projecting how much win and prizes
>calls a dick for saying the truth

Nah. Keep crying anon, maybe one day you can have a hobby and win things with it.

>>53600976
It's still a pretty stupid statement. The guy who makes money with his hobby is always smarter than the guy who doesn't.
>>
File: 20170604_011113.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170604_011113.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>53600787
Charge incoming! The marines player got to charge the bubbled leaders!
>>
>Nah. Keep crying anon, maybe one day you can have a hobby and win things with it.

Are you kidding me? I quit this garbage game when sixth rolled in because it isn't a remotely competitive game. 6th and ESPECIALLY 7th were just rock paper scissors. You won in army selection and with your psychic power rolls (if were just fucked/won for free by rando mission rolls), the shit you did in the game meant nothing. Anyone left pretending they were playing a competitive game by the end of seventh has brain damage. Hell, anyone left pretending they were PLAYING a game by the end of 7th is kidding themselves. That shit was randumb autopilot.
>>53601003
>It's still a pretty stupid statement. The guy who makes money with his hobby is always smarter than the guy who doesn't.
>makes money with his hobby

lol no, you lost money. You weren't taking thousands home at the end of a major. Weeklys in street fighter have larger tournament winnings and the investment in that game is a single 100 dollar fight stick.
>>
>>53584623
My biggest problem is that they still refuse to treat the Hammerhead railgun like a battlecannon equivalent and give it shitty "slightly upgraded lascannon" stats. It should be doing either 2d6 damage or 2d6 drop lowest for the solid shot.

Also annoying is that the seeker missile is strictly weaker than the Imperium's hunter killer missiles.
>>
>>53601025
>5 assmarines vs a necron lord
I hope they managed to ping off some wounds shooting, because in melee I don't think they're cut out to take down the fucker in a hurry.
>>
>>53601146
Just wait. He's now going to brag about his weekly major tournament winnings bringing him home thousands and how he's swimming in bitches.
>>
>>53601146
>it's not competitive!
>this is why we have clear better factions, better lists and clear players who can win and players who always lose
You are starting to get salt anon.

Anyway, I'since I have them for years I pretty much already made their value in money with other rewards.
>>
>>53601189
>weekly wins
>brought them years ago
You don't seem to be good with math, but try to do it.
>>
>>53601025
Man, imagine a flamer and a combi-flamer in that squad, plus maybe a fist on the sarge. The lord would start sweating at that point.
>>
>>53585107
Tau lost JSJ and the big centerpiece models GW has been pushing got a massive points hike.
Broadsides also got a points hike due to being small dreadnought equivalents rather than terminator equivalents. Also due to an idiot writing their rules you can technically only take two drones in their squad.
Drones now form separate small units from whichever unit brought them along and can do Look Out Sir! for any tau unit within 3".
Fireblades still suck because whoever wrote the rules for the extra shot put "models within 3 inches" instead of "units within 3 inches"
Plasma rifles are now as cheap as burst cannon, missile launchers and sms are expensive. There's no point in taking burst cannon over gun drones as the drones use the vehicle BS and are Assault 4.
>>
>>53601263
You're cute when you're dumb, anon.
>>
>>53601293
>lose argument
>better ad hominem
Keep crying anon.
>>
>it's not competitive!

It's not. 40k tournies are a flowchart with the winner decided by tournament brackets, not player skill. There is virtually no room for expressions of skill in 7th and massive important but low in number random dice results are huge impactful. You might as well play competitive rock paper scissors but have to pick what hand sign you're playing at the start of the tournament.

>this is why we have clear better factions, better lists and clear players who can win and players who always lose

The clearly imbalanced factions are what make it NOT competitive, while the repetitious nature of some players floating to the top almost always comes down to the fact that they put in the MONEY to follow the razors edge of FOTM builds. The tournament scene is a disgrace in 40k right now.

>Anyway, I'since I have them for years I pretty much already made their value in money with other rewards.

Tell that to all the money on gas and food you spent traveling to tournies. Buy a plane ticket at some point? Welp, you're fucked.
>>
>>53601322
>it's not competitive because I don't consider it because bullshit reasons
>no anon, you must have lose money. You must have at least used more money than me in this hobby. Yes, you must or otherwise I will look like an idiot!
Casuals always make my day.
>>
>>53585424
>>53585451
Pirahna probably are the best of the vehicles for their cost. Hammerheads aren't worthwhile without Longstrike, Devilfish are rhinos that pay an extra 30 points to be vulnerable to skyfire, and Skyrays are a complete fucking joke unless and until seeker missiles become worthwhile again.
>>
>>53601289
>Tau lost JSJ and the big centerpiece models GW has been pushing got a massive points hike.

That land raider with 6 lascanons is 635 points. A stompa is close to 10000. Everything big got a LOT pricier.

>There's no point in taking burst cannon over gun drones as the drones use the vehicle BS and are Assault 4.

Yeah that's weird, you'd think the drones would be the point upgrade at that point.
>>
File: 1473709570017.jpg (136KB, 1024x540px) Image search: [Google]
1473709570017.jpg
136KB, 1024x540px
>>53601370
>it's not competitive because I don't consider it because bullshit reasons
>the biggest fish in the scummiest fish tank thinks he's a big shot

>no anon, you must have lose money. You must have at least used more money than me in this hobby. Yes, you must or otherwise I will look like an idiot!
>a person can lie on 4chan about how amazing they are!

>Casuals always make my day.
See picture
>>
File: laughingelf.png (101KB, 210x195px) Image search: [Google]
laughingelf.png
101KB, 210x195px
>>53601519
>this is anon
>salt because it's better to complain about gameplay instead of thinking how to best exploit it
>salt because he never thought about winning things with a hobby he liked
>salt because he finally figured out how hopeless he was
>>
File: 1466565954608.jpg (64KB, 842x872px) Image search: [Google]
1466565954608.jpg
64KB, 842x872px
>>53601595
>salt because it's better to complain about gameplay instead of thinking how to best exploit it

Oh anon, I know it's a foreign concept to you but I have actual standards. The game was way below them. You don't and you were happy playing a shitty random game composed of literally nothing but flavor of the month builds with like 12 people left on earth playing it competitively.

>salt because he never thought about winning things with a hobby he liked
>liked

But I didn't like it because it turned into a shitty game that could barely be played competitively and had virtually no decision making. I can't imagine anyone of any level of intelligence or skill choosing to play a game like that. I can see people who are bad at games playing it because the game plays itself for them, though.

>salt because he finally figured out how hopeless he was
I quit the game like half a decade ago. There's no salt left, just pity for the old men and skubby aspies who kept going.

See picture. It's you.
>>
File: Riptidefeelsgood.jpg (11KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
Riptidefeelsgood.jpg
11KB, 266x189px
>mfw all these taufags complaining about new edition
>tfw I btfo'd my LGS's TauWaacs with their Riptide wings with my Grey Knights
>mfw I don't even own a single Dreadknight or Draigo
>mfw I will now btfo them harder than ever before
Taufag tears taste absolutely gorgeous.

Also, you,>>53601370, dear sir. THANK YOU. The amount of salt you you create is so UTTERLY satisfying to witness.

>also watch your back bitch, KNIGHTS OF TITAN ARE COMING FOR YOUR ANUS
>>
>>53601679
>Also, you, 53601370, dear sir. THANK YOU. The amount of salt you you create is so UTTERLY satisfying to witness.

Fun fact. I'm the guy he's talking to and I have literally never played tau in my life.
>>
>>53601652
>this game is too rustic for my superior intellect
>this is why I never bothered to make dosh by abusing it's mechanics

>I didn't even like it, it's a bad game who requires no skills
>this is why I'm whining about it, instead of doing like someone intelligent and taking advantage of it to win

>I don't even play anymore, I just pity you
>yes I come to this thread just to say I pity you, even through you are gaining things and having fun rekting scrubs

>have another ad hominem, I'm sure you are hurt now
Keep crying anon, your tears go well with my tourney prizes.
>>
File: cutelittlerippers.jpg (20KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
cutelittlerippers.jpg
20KB, 212x238px
>>53601705
Wait, are you >>53601652anon

or are you >>53601595anon

Tbh, I don't even really care. I'm just really enjoying some dude on the internet sperging out about the "power" of his little plastic men. It's like watching a puppy trying to scare someone by barking. Absolutely Adorable.

>also, tfw my nids will btfo Tau as badly as my GK will
Feels good, man.
Life's pretty sweet.
>>
>>53601679
>you are the one salty
>you are salty by saying you already made a lot of wins in tourney and will adapt to the next tourney big winner
I think you failed.
>>
>>53601764
>I'm just really enjoying some dude on the internet sperging out about the "power" of his little plastic men.
Tau were the third big winner before the nerf. You really shouldn't try to look smart when talking about things you don't understand anon.
>>
>>53601770
Please, my man, I don't understand you when you don't use proper grammer structure.
Do elaborate on your EXQUISITE position, though.
>>
File: 1456293105265.gif (149KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1456293105265.gif
149KB, 500x281px
>>53601745
>this is why I never bothered to make dosh by abusing it's mechanics

I didn't bother to make dosh for the same reason you didn't. Because it's impossible. I'm just not lying about it on 4chan.

>this is why I'm whining about it, instead of doing like someone intelligent and taking advantage of it to win

You mean like net decking an army then letting it play itself? Maximum intelligence required there. You're gonna get stuffed so hard in 8th. Playing a game where you can't research and purchase your free win is going to feel so strange to you.

>yes I come to this thread just to say I pity you, even through you are gaining things and having fun rekting scrubs
But you aren't gaining things and you have to interact with the people left in the tournament scene in 7th, which is mostly just aspies and dudes who have nothing else left in their lives. That just sounds nightmarish. You're kind of an awful set of humans to interact with most of the time.

>Keep crying anon, your tears go well with my tourney prizes.
I have a lot more where that came from. See picture, it's you.
>>
I honestly dont really get what you are trying to say.

>Tau were good
>Now they are nerfed
>Thus, you are stupid
>???
>>
>>53601802
>muh grammar

Okay, I will explain it slowly. Just for you anon: big winners (best factions) move between editions. Shocking I know.

I will even throw you a bonus: Tau were competitive since the 4th edition.
>>
>>53601764
I'm the >>53601652 anon

40k after 5th became super noncompetitive and the editions and codexes bleached almost all skill from the game. The tournament circuit almost collapsed, too. It's a fraction the size it used to be.

It's honestly kind of hilarious that this guy is in here talking about being the king of shit mountain right before 8th is a hard reset on the skill-less randumb nature of current 40k.
>>
>>53601848
>you didn't because it's impossible
>even through it's all about picking a top faction, drawing units and using them correctly, plus having a little luck
I thought you were smart anon. I guess I was wrong.

>'Tau were free win' ignorant statement
>ignores that Eldar and Chaos also ruled

>you aren't winning, you cannot be! Also those guys left
Huh no they are still all here.

>Have another pic (I need help)
Classy.
>>
>>53601893
I can't wait for his next reply.
>>
>>53601893
>The tournament circuit almost collapsed, too. It's a fraction the size it used to be.
Citation needed. Maybe where you live.
>>
>>53601952
It's here: >>53601863
>>53601934

I'm confident. Maybe I will make you smarter. But I don't have much hope.
>>
File: Warm_und_Fuzzy_01.gif (121KB, 350x569px) Image search: [Google]
Warm_und_Fuzzy_01.gif
121KB, 350x569px
>>53601934
>I thought you were smart anon. I guess I was wrong.

Yes, picking a top faction and buying its top spec units according to what the internet told you. Then, when a new codex comes out rebuy if it upsets the meta. Also, lots of luck because the game plays itself with random and hugely important psychic powers and objectives.

>'Tau were free win' ignorant statement
>ignores that Eldar and Chaos also ruled

I didn't say tau were a free win. I said you were lying about constantly winning and that people who DO win in 7th do it for free via the games skilless rock paper scissors nature. I have no idea what you played. I don't care, really.

>Huh no they are still all here.

Except no they aren't. Most of the majors shut down and the ones left are much smaller.

>Classy.

I have so many of these for you. Check the new one. It's you once the new edition shows up.
>>
File: 1492453417497.jpg (109KB, 750x651px) Image search: [Google]
1492453417497.jpg
109KB, 750x651px
>>53600117
tfw in the top 8 and you are eating pretzels at the scrub tables
>>
File: 1493876460618.jpg (31KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
1493876460618.jpg
31KB, 567x561px
>>53584408
>tau are broken as fuck so gw nerfs them but keeps them still pretty broken as fuck, just less flagrantly OP
>tau players are so used to being absurdly OP that being slightly less OP makes them flip their shit and want to switch armies

Lol. You won't switch shit because Tau are still broken. Their one weakness (melee) isn't an issue and they get to not only leave melee at will, but can shoot as you do so. And still overwatch next turn.
>>
>>53602028
You.
I like you.
You sound like fun.
Kudos man.
>>
>>53602066
>>53602028
>top 8'ing a tourney with 12 players in a competitively dead game

top kektop kek kek toppokek
>>
>>53602017
>dismiss the mechanics of the game, ignoring that most competitives games (such as MtG) are also based on top decks and lists
>dismiss as luck too, ignoring that there are players who win most times and that most competitive games (again MtG) also require some luck

>you are lying about winning constantly, but if you did it's because of skilless rock paper scissors, I don't care either!
Calm down anon. It's like you are starting to grovel.

>Your friends aren't there, I know it
>majors closed, so did yours

You are getting boring anon. Is this your first edition change?
>>
>>53602028
They serve pretzels in your scrub league? Shit I gotta get out of my top tiers.
>>
>>53602079
>it's a dead game
>anon couldn't top8 in it, so he feels the need to mock it
12th player, best luck next time.
>>
>you can't have fun by making a powerful army!

Scrubmindset
>>
File: taufags.png (200KB, 500x923px) Image search: [Google]
taufags.png
200KB, 500x923px
So this is why Riptide wings were popular.
Always gotta compensate, I guess.
>>
Everyone needs to read this.
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

A scrub is a player who is handicapped by self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about. A scrub does not play to win.

. There is the mistaken notion, though, that by merely continuing to play or “learn” the game, one can become a top player. In reality, the “scrub” has many more mental obstacles to overcome than anything actually going on during the game. The scrub has lost the game even before it starts. He’s lost the game even before deciding which game to play. His problem? He does not play to win.

The scrub would take great issue with this statement for he usually believes that he is playing to win, but he is bound up by an intricate construct of fictitious rules that prevents him from ever truly competing. These made-up rules vary from game to game, of course, but their character remains constant. Let’s take a fighting game off of which I’ve made my gaming career: Street Fighter.

In Street Fighter, the scrub labels a wide variety of tactics and situations “cheap.” This “cheapness” is truly the mantra of the scrub. Performing a throw on someone is often called cheap. A throw is a special kind of move that grabs an opponent and damages him, even when the opponent is defending against all other kinds of attacks. The entire purpose of the throw is to be able to damage an opponent who sits and blocks and doesn’t attack. As far as the game is concerned, throwing is an integral part of the design—it’s meant to be there—yet the scrub has constructed his own set of principles in his mind that state he should be totally impervious to all attacks while blocking. The scrub thinks of blocking as a kind of magic shield that will protect him indefinitely. Why? Exploring the reasoning is futile since the notion is ridiculous from the start.
>>
File: 1489207923958.png (87KB, 321x308px) Image search: [Google]
1489207923958.png
87KB, 321x308px
>>53602126
>having such a tiny penis that you feel the only way to show off is to show you paid out the ass with the most OP army possible
>>
>>53602126
It's just casuals thinking that with the big bad Tau nerfed they will win, not seeing they will be fucked the same way by the next rotating top faction.
>>
>>53602149
You will not see a classic scrub throw his opponent five times in a row. But why not? What if doing so is strategically the sequence of moves that optimizes his chances of winning? Here we’ve encountered our first clash: the scrub is only willing to play to win within his own made-up mental set of rules. These rules can be staggeringly arbitrary. If you beat a scrub by throwing projectile attacks at him, keeping your distance and preventing him from getting near you—that’s cheap. If you throw him repeatedly, that’s cheap, too. We’ve covered that one. If you block for fifty seconds doing no moves, that’s cheap. Nearly anything you do that ends up making you win is a prime candidate for being called cheap. Street Fighter was just one example; I could have picked any competitive game at all.
>>
>>53602169
>scrubs were reduced to penis size insults
This is the best thread.
>>
>>53602169
This is a false argument. If something is that OP it is the designer's fault. You can always house-rule things and set new guidelines for what army to bring.

The biggest problem is setting arbitrary power levels for what armies are acceptable. So that the player that wins is the one that brings the just better army while skirting arbitrary and vague rules.
>>
>>53602100
>>dismiss the mechanics of the game, ignoring that most competitives games (such as MtG) are also based on top decks and lists
>dismiss as luck too, ignoring that there are players who win most times and that most competitive games (again MtG) also require some luck

>Thinks this ludicrously expensive hobby game where you spend endless hours modeling and painting is directly analogous to a LESS random and net decky game like MtG which have vastly more table variety in top decks and a much lower barrier to entry.

>Calm down anon. It's like you are starting to grovel.
But what I said is perfectly coherent. You aren't a constant top tourney winner, if you were you'd understand WHY you keep winning because keeping up in a meta isn't an accident. That leaves me with the assumption that you're lying.

>You are getting boring anon. Is this your first edition change?

A major is a MAJOR tournament. An interstate tourney that people travel too. No one has their own majors. They are advertised, require a venue (usually a small hotel or exceptionally large game store), and are sceduled far in advance.

The collapse of the majors in the early 2010's was visible from space, especially once GW totally pulled out of the scene officially.

>You are getting boring anon. Is this your first edition change?

Pretty sure I told you I quit in the fifth to sixth transition, but you're a 40k tournament player in 7th. So naturally you're kind of an idiot. I forgive you.
>>
>>53602194
For instance. Let's imagine you had a game with "bring the army you think is balanced"

Guess who wins? The person who brings the best army that just skirts some arbitrary rule.

that is literally the worst form of balance and results in the cheapest and dumbest form of games.

>let's play street fighter together but you have to kind of not do the same moves over and over, but I guess you can skirt this by doing X a lot if you really want to push it.

Even, "No fireballs" is a better rule than "just kind of suck to my liking".
>>
>>53602194

Yeah, you can't houserule balance and expect that to coincide with a competitive prize driven environment. It's why 7th wasn't a competitive game and has almost no tourney scene. It requires house ruling, otherwise tournies bleach out to the same 3 armies with the same builds winning every time. Which it did. Which resulted in the scene collapsing. Warmachine didn't see that sudden resurgence it had because 40k was doing a good job holding on to competitive players. The exodus was obvious.
>>
>Autists desperately try to defend their autism
>>
>>53602194
A game shouldn't be decided by what army is better. It should be decided by skill. I agree that any balance flaws are the fault of GW. But they do that to sell models.

My issue isn't with an army being OP, but with the type of cretin who constantly seeks out OP shit so he can keep spamming it and winning. Tau aren't OP enough? Time for a new one that is. That is some real pin dick level insecurity. It shows an equally bad level of skill as a scrub. And this isn't comparable to fighting games or any other games where ya make a purchase and play and you all have access to the same shit. Being competitive here means shelling out hundreds to GW.
>>
>>53602211
>Is unable to see the similities between the two hobbies, or the fact that MtG rotates entire sets every few months and 40k may take years

>What I said is pretty coherent. You can't win because if you were you would think just like me: that the game is broken and it doesn't matter you have a top army with a good list
That leaves me with the assumption your intelligence is lacking.

>I was only referring to big tourneys
Weren't you that anon who said about buying plane tickets?

But yeah, I play majors. But obviously (as you said) weekly playing is in minors.

>Pretty sure I told you I quit in the fifth to sixth transition
That doesn't show it anon. It's like rotating pieces is an entirely new concept for you.

>but you're a 40k tournament player in 7th.
When did I say that? I'm a tournament player since much earlier. Did you miss that Riptides were good since the 4th?
>>
>>53602149
This reminds me of my friend at the LGS.
Who plays orks. Who is hypercompetitive.
And is considered the best player at the entire store.
People refuse to play against him and his orks. Thats right. ORKS. Because he's that fucking good.
I love playing him. It's tough as fuck, but I don't play for "fun", I play to beat him. And we both improve by making better army lists, countering eachother and learning how to play our army better.

So suck it up Tau players. Get Good. It's literally what the article says.
It doesn't say "switch to current best meta".
It says "dont be a faggot, learn to play your army and counter your opponents".
"Get fucking gud"
>>
>>53602278
>making a better army than the opponent shouldn't be decisive
Go back to playing Civilization. Please use your Warriors versus my Infantries, I'm sure it will go good for you.

Or better, go play Knights of Honor and make an army of peasants. I'm sure you can totally beat my chainmail troops.
>>
>>53602331
Why do you separate playing to win from fun? Trying to win IS fun. It's the competition in any game that is fun. You act like it's two different things.
>>
>>53602278
>it's being a scrub picking the best character
I don't think you understand what it means.
>>
>>53602352
Here "making a better army" means paying top dollar. You can buy your way to victory. In other games you make a purchase and you all have access to the same shit. This makes the skill come in the form of better army composition. But in 40k people don't all start off with all the models, your "skill" is dictated by your wallet.
>>
>>53602319
>>Is unable to see the similities between the two hobbies, or the fact that MtG rotates entire sets every few months and 40k may take years

Is unable to count the difference in dollars and hours between the game and is unable to count the number of tourney viable decks versus tiny number of tourney viable armies.

Ok anon, we get it, you're an idiot. This is getting tiresome.

>That leaves me with the assumption your intelligence is lacking.

That assumption isn't borne from any implications stemming from your communication with me. It's a childish reactionary posture you're adopting to dismiss anyone who thinks poorly of you. Which I most certainly do.

>Weren't you that anon who said about buying plane tickets?
I didn't say they ALL died. I said the majority of them did. Again, you're being kind of an idiot. It's clear the scene still exists, it's just, and say it with me, smaller than it used to be because of the skilless nature of the game and the expense of the power treadmill.

>That doesn't show it anon. It's like rotating pieces is an entirely new concept for you.

That sentence doesn't even work as a sentence, let alone as a response to what you greentexted.

>When did I say that? I'm a tournament player since much earlier. Did you miss that Riptides were good since the 4th?

You know how I know you're an idiot? Riptides didn't exist in fourth.
>>
>>53602408
>the top army is more expensive
Not really anon. All models are expensive. This isn't like MtG were cards can go for like cents versus hundred bucks.
>>
>>53602436
The top army is more expensive because the top army changes regularly with the release of new units and codexes into the meta. Therefore to stay constantly at the top you have to constantly be repurchasing entire armies.

It's ludicrously expensive.
>>
>>53602361
Sorry if you misunderstood.
I don't see a difference between the two. Playing to win IS fun, but only when your opponent is on the same level. And I don't mean army, I mean attitude.

Whenever I play against the "casual" players at my store, I have to hold back, purposefully make stupid moves to give them an actual chance to win. That's not fun for me.

I enjoy playing against my necron and eldar friends. My one friend plays Yinnari, we call him a "dirty cheeser" and joke about "WOW SO OP LEL", but he's a great guy to play against, and it's always good to challenge yourself. I played my Tyranids against his Scatterspam Wraithknight Warpsider list.
I lost by one point.
But it was close as fuck, and, more importantly, really fun.
>>
>>53602436
But that is my point. Take any game. Chess, a 4x game, RTS, whatever you want. If I buy the game and play against a person who has the game, whether broken or not, we start off on a level playing field. Our skill will be determined by our merits alone. In 40k this isn't the case at all. Someone can literally just buy whatever is OP and crush everyone else. And it isn't a matter of skill then, but simply a battle of who has more disposable income to throw at GW. So, 40k is shit at being a game of skill at all. If I played chess against someone, we all have the same pieces and presumably the same level of skill. The better strategy wins. In 40k it's more like someone being able to buy a full set of pieces, while someone else has a few pawns, a rook, and a knight.
>>
>>53602411
>ad hominem, it costs more and there are more tourney decks
Anon, you made a mistake. I don't care if there are more tourney decks, of course there are more: it's easier to work with cards. And of course miniatures are more expensive. Are you brain damaged?

>you are being childish in dismissing me
>just because I ignorantly said the game requires no skill and that you should listen to me, even through I dropped it

>you're being an idiot by calling me on my stupidity
Yeah anon, competitive is dead. This is why I play every week.

>I didn't get it
I said that it's like you never saw factions falling from top when editions changed, which happens in almost every competitive game. You seem kinda retarded.

>ha I gotcha, riptides didn't exist!
Actually true, you got me. But that kinda got me thinking: are you a newfag? Because if you aren't you probably know that Tau were good in 4th, which is where most of their hate started. I find it funny why you tried to 'gotcha' but didn't bring this up.
>>
>>53602460
Regularly? I think you have been drinking anon. It takes months before something is launched and many times it's not even helpful.

>>53602533
Well, have fun never playing a TCG or collecting game then. Because all of them have pieces that shine more than others, it's a natural part of the game. Put up or leave it.

And if you leave it, then what the hell are you doing here?
>>
>>53602593
I don't play games like those to begin with. Skill shouldn't be determined by the size of your wallet. I just came into the thread to see what all the fuss was about.
>>
>>53602652
>I don't even play those games because I think that strategically buying pieces shouldn't be a part of it
>even through I don't play it, even through I don't like it, please consider my opinions
I think it's time for you to leave.
>>
>>53602652
This is a bait thread, anon
>>
>>53602721
Just saying. Games like MtG and 40k just remind me of real world equivalents to those shitty pay to win games online. And given I've known enough people and been on /tg/ long enough to see complaints, I'm not talking out of my ass. I know people who played it and games like it. I didn't just crawl out from under a rock.
>>
>>53602793
>I don't play it, but I think it's dumb
I think you should go talk about something more to your tastes then.

Unless you want everybody to agree with you, which frankly isn't happening.
>>
>>53602883
I agree with him and so far you've provided exactly zero arguments to refute his points.
>>
>>53602908
>I'm not him
Sure anon.

>no arguments
Maybe if you are retarded.

How about that carefully selecting your pieces (like you do with your cards) is part of the game, making armies like you make decks?

Unless you are going to complain about individual cards and miniatures prices, ignoring that it's usually players who set those in these types of games.
>>
>>53602949
>Unless you are going to complain about individual cards and miniatures prices, ignoring that it's usually players who set those in these types of games.
That's his point. It's pay to win. The majority of the "skill" in Magic or Warhammer is just spending enough money to purchase all the OP options.
>>
>>53603057
Except anon that buying the correct pieces and using them correctly requires thinking.

Like I lost how many times a guy went and brought a Chaos army because they were top and got rekt because they didn't know how they works.
>>
>>53603142
>buying the correct pieces
Literally anyone can look up tournament results and netlist in the current year. An infant could do that.

>using them correctly
Again, skill makes less of an impact in these games than the list. This is especially true in Warhammer with its incredibly low skill cap.
>>
File: Stop-Fighting.jpg (181KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
Stop-Fighting.jpg
181KB, 612x612px
Guys. GUYS.

All this arguing isn't helping anything. It's ignoring the true problem here.

WHY THE FUCK ARE ELDAR ALLOWED TO STAY SO STRONG?
>>
>>53603057
Magic prices are based partly on rarity, set by the company.
40k prices are set by quality and complexity of the model. Plenty of weak models are more expensive than powerful ones. The meta does not change the price
>>
>>53584408
Take your lumps like a man you space communist bastard
>>
>>53593345
>No one will care if your paint scheme isn't the official T'au one.

ITT: people who haven't been following the Kharadron Overlords bullshit in AoS.
>>
I actually really like Tau battlesuits, but hate the standard footslogging infantry. I mean, I guess I could play Farsight Enclaves? I dunno how that shit works. That said, the army I'm starting for 8th is gonna be Skitarii. I fucking love they goofy models for the sicarians and the sydonians. Rangers are also cool, but I'm not super into the vanguard. The dunecrawler would be cooler if it wasn't just a pillbox on spider legs.
>>
>>53603250
And yet so many idiots doesn't, otherwise they wouldn't keep losing.

Yes, having the correct armies is important but it's not enough by itself.

Regardless anon, it goes to what I said before: if you don't like how the game is played what are you doing here? You won't convince any dedicated player to stop playing because you call it 'pay to win'. You are wasting your time.
>>
>>53603406
Is that really that big of a deal? I'd heard that people didn't give too much of a shit if you didn't paint to the exact spec of the skyports unless you were a huge faggot about it and used skyports as a way to list tailor to the people you were playing against.
>>
>>53603406
>ITT: people who haven't been following the Kharadron Overlords bullshit in AoS.
Literally everyone who is complaining about this is a fucking moron. Chapter tactics have been around forever
>>
>>53603411
>Rangers are also cool, but I'm not super into the vanguard.
Vanguard are objectively superior to Rangers in 8E fyi.
>>
>>53603526
Really? Well, shit.I wonder if the folks at my LGS would be opposed to me just slapping ranger heads on the vanguards? The only real difference model wise is the helmet vs. the hood and the carbine vs. the rifle. What makes vanguards better than rangers?
>>
>>53599125
Honestly OP, you'da won if you dropped the ethereal, The stealthsuits, and two teams of pathfinders for more crisis and FW
>>
>>53600040
We were always scared of being assaulted anon, but now we're worried that we the fags who never WAAC'd aren't gonna be able to even have a fun casual game, because we WILL be assaulted EVERY time
>>
>>53584408
THE RETARDED TAU SHIT TEARS HAVE BEGUN

EAT SHIT

EAT MY SHIT WEEB FAGS

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: yes ugly shepard.jpg (312KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
yes ugly shepard.jpg
312KB, 960x600px
>mfw been playing Tau since third edition
>mfw remember having to cheese victories with devilfish shenanigans and general mediocrity
>mfw don't care about top tier lists playing tau, will play tau regardless
>mfw new edition "nerfs" Tau so that idiot WAACfags whine about their precious riptides

finally

I can have my faction back
>>
>>53605650
""ancient"" tau players come out the wood work claiming "they were the first"

"Finally I can have my tau back", he says

Implying you'll run vespids and pirhanas
>>
>>53599125
>What did i do wrong? How can i counter this fucking warrior bubble?

This is gonna suck, but... You have to assault it.

Necrons cannot and will not be removed by shooting and their leadership is high enough that even focus fire probably wont wipe out a whole unit. You have to sweep them off the board whole sale or they will be getting basically a 4+ rerolling RP every turn(~ 3/4 of the dudes who died).

It doesn't help that multiwounds don't carry over to different models nor that Gauss got a major buff against infantry in infantry edition.

Seriously 4+ S5 AP0 <<<<<<<< 3+ S4 AP-1
Not to mention their HQ's just give out +1 to hit and Triarch stalkers let any unit shooting at something it shot at to re-roll 1's
>>
>>53606910
>vespids and pirhanas

They are actually quite good. Piranhas kills hordes like nobody's business. Vespids complement Stealth Suits as replacements for Crisis on low-point games. Both have been buffed.
>>
>>53607548
Assaulting them with what though?
>>
>>53584584
Sounds more like you have no idea what you're talking about, lap up whatever someone else tells you like a thirsty hound, and subscribe to the knee jerk reaction news letter.

> I'm no good at thinking, but I somehow know this stuffs bad... cuz some other neck beard said so because of reason... that I don't understand... Because of that thinking thing.
>>
>>53599834
>>53599866
>The problem was never with the Tau
It's clear that he is distinguishing between Tau players and Taufags
>>
>>53609718
Could use kroot or run 'em over with your tanks, I guess? Gauss seems less vehicle kill than before.
>>
>>53606910
Why the hell wouldn't you? they're awesome now. And for the record, I actually have ran Vespid multiple times in 5th and 6th
>>
>>53591583

>implying my tau will survive a tyranid charge when nids will be getting 4 attacks each now
>>
>>53606910
Fuck yeah I will!
>>
>Waaah I can't win anymore with my thumb up my ass being smug and saying riptides are balanced, what am I gonna do?

I'm enjoying this an awful lot. Get fucked.
>>
>>53600825
The joke is that a playable MTG deck is often times more expensive than a 2k point army.
>>
>>53611316
Even funnier when you consider one is paper, the other is a very well made and durable model.
>>
What do you people think about DS8 Turrets in 8th? Yay or Nay? with missile pod or SMS?
>>
>>53611596

>well made

Unless its finecast. Holy shit that is some garbage. Have the finally phased all that shit out yet? I havnt bought many models recently.
>>
>>53612348
Yes, mostly. They've relesed a few limited-run special edition models in finecast, probably because the moulds are a lot cheaper, but everything else has been plastic for a while.

Tbh, later finecast minis weren't that bad, aside from the material being too soft and thus suspectible to thin pieces like weapons bending or breaking. The later stuff didn't have the huge amount of bubbles and miscasts that plagued the first finecast releases.
>>
AdMech.

Now that Skitarii are their troops, I don't have to use the Servitors.
>>
>>53592910
This smells like bait. No one can be this removed from reality.
>>
>>53614047
What part of anon paragraph you think it's incorrect, and why?
>>
>>53596655
Not too sure about the sky ray, reading the seaker missile rules only hitting on a 6 seems rough..
>>
>>53599726
Can't wait for the riptidefags to ruin other armies. Relly makes my day desu.
>>
>>53615622
read marketlight rules.
>>
>>53617216
didn't read that, only had a quick flick through everything
>>
>>53584408
I fucking hate GW's infantry minis, so I plan on running pure Crisis Suits, Broadsides, and Drones anyways - also some of my FW stuff whenever they get updated
>>
>>53607548
You do know that melee don't have sweep anymore, right? All the wounds the unit suffered for the whole turn contributes to the moral roll. You gonna slap them with your WS5+ S3 to death? Kroots? 10 kroots attack, 6.667 hits, 3.334 wounds and 1.667 goes through armor. Whoopdie fucking whoop! Also it takes roughly 3 attacks from warriors to kill one kroot back.

Honestly a somewhat good idea would be to tie them up with crisis suits. With the new t5, w3 and 3+ save it takes 81 attacks from warriors to kill a single suit. Your damage output will be shit in the melee but that's not the point. Tie them up with crisis team and on your turn fall back and shoot. If you have another crisis suit you can rotate them for the whole game.
>>
>>53618076
Whoops, make that 40.5 attacks. Butterfingered an input there. Still pretty tough as even 20 warriors are extremely unlikely to take out even a single suit in one turn of melee.
>>
>>53618076
So I charge the blob with an unit of crisis suits, end the fight phase and in the next turn i can get back and shoot during MY movement phase? And on the assault phase the other team charges them?
>>
>>53618528
Yeah, you charge them and have to endure two fights (your turn and opponents turn) and on your next movement phase you can disengage and still shoot thanks to the FLY keyword but not charge, hence the 2 teams. Lord can be a scary but not overkill. Consider stimulant injectors (bumps warriors to 48,6 attacks per 3 crisis wounds too) or shield generators if the necron characters packs mean melee weapons. Both are cheap upgrades now and serve well on melee jobs.
You'll achieve 2 major things with this: The blob can't move apart from the pile-ins and it can't shoot. That's a lot of power drawn out of the warriors.
>>
>>53600882
>riptides were great through entire editions
Didn't they only come out halfway through 6th?
>>
>>53618655
Wow. You're a genius! I'm going to try this next time I face him.
>>
>>53618528
Oh yeah and for extra levels of stupid: If you ever have a infantry unit with photon grenades near you can try to hit with that too. With d6 shots you have pretty good chance to hit and it gives -1 to hit rolls for that enemy infantry unit for that turn. In this crisis vs warriors it brings the total to 54 attacks from warriors to kill single suit (64,8 attacks if you have stimms).

The more I think about this the more I think that crisis suits tying up key shooting units or heck even ork boys in reasonable numbers sounds pretty good now.
>>
>>53618705
Bear in mind that the warrior blob can overwatch when you charge and with rapid fire weapons that can get serious. Still it's better to eat overwatch instead of real shooting phase.
>>
>>53618705
>>53599125

That is way too complicated. There's an easier way. Just shoot harder and kill entire units.

Your list seems like it needs to take the advice of age old orc wisdom: boyz before toyz. You have a ton of points tied up in cute stuff that isnt really helping you kill shit.

Cut the ethreal, markerlights give the same bonuses he does so he is wasted points. A 2nd fireblade may be a good choice for extra redundancy

I couldn't tell how many rail rifles that you were using (2 or 6) but cut them for points to bring either more pathfinders or fire warriors (remember that markerlights now benefit from other markerlights when shooting), also remember that pathfinders have pulse carbines and contribute solid firepower once you've gotten the markerlight hits you need. Add a pulse accelerator drone to a few units if you can, its really strong with a cadre fireblade to push 3 shot range out depending on how many you have

Cut the tactical turrets for more fire warriors. You brought a fireblade to buff them, but then spent points that you could have spent on more fire warriors on the turrets

Cut the ATS on your stealth suits to buy more stealth suits. 3 ATS is just shy of the cost of another stealthsuit, and 4 stealthsuits does more damage than 3 with an ATS.

If you want to use an ATS commander, use a cyclic ion blasterx3 or burst cannons x3, flamers are wasted because you really want to leverage his BS 2+ with his guns.

If you can afford it pointswise, get in a unit of Kroot or Kroot Hounds. Their job is to move forward moderately aggressively and basically yell 'oogabooka spooky assault unit' so your opponent wastes time killing them while you move into position to triple shot entire units off the board with your now increased number of fire warriors with increased range from pulse accelerator turrets.

Make sure you shoot your fireblade markerlight at units before you shoot your pathfinder markerlights so they get the re-roll 1s when they shoot.
>>
>>53606910
I've been running piranhas since they released. I also bet I've been playing this game longer than you.
>>
>>53584408
I'm switching BACK to Tau now
>>
>>53585107
I hope so. GW killing off Tau would be awesome.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.