[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, one of my players is maddened.....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Pendragon.jpg (188KB, 850x1106px) Image search: [Google]
Pendragon.jpg
188KB, 850x1106px
So /tg/ one of my players crit-failed a passion roll in Pendragon. As according to the rules, i now have his character sheet and he has re-rolled. His character Lochlann Ó Grugáin will reappear in 8 years. What will happen to him? Should I go to /qst/ and do it there? Or do you have any decent ideas?
>>
>>53582414
There's old saying that heroes either die young or grow old enough to become villains. And 8 years is plenty of time for growing.
>>
>>53582414
Lancelot went crazy once and lived as a wild man in the forest for some years. IIRC he rescued a noble lady by beating the snot out of some brigand knights and she took care of him for awhile. Might draw some inspiration from that.
>>
>>53582492
Well this is what the whole mechanic is based on. Its Pendragon, so Lancelots story actually happens, so I want to avoid this. Im thinking he goes really far north for a bit. Oh and here are his traits and passions (d20 scale for those who don't know pendragon)

Chaste 6/ 14 Lustful
Energetic 8/ 12 Lazy
Forgiving 17/ 3 Vengeful
Generous 21/ 0 Selfish
Honest 15/ 5 Deceitful
Just 12/ 8 Arbitrary
Merciful 8/ 12 Cruel
Modest 4/ 16 Proud
Pious 8/ 12 Worldly
Prudent 16/ 4 Reckless
Temperate 4/ 16 Indulgent
Trusting 7/ 13 Suspicious
Valorous 16/ 4 Cowardly

Directed Traits
Suspicious of Silchester (9)

Passions
Loyalty (Lord) 16
Love (Family) 10
Hospitality 14
Honour 20
Hate Saxons 17
Concern 3
The Lady Ygrainne 8
Dislike Duke Gorlois 11
>>
If you are planning on taking him far north (As far as the Pictish Highlands?) well Pictish Heathens are a thing and I believe that in some versions of the lore that the Unseelie Court is up that way.
>>
>>53582766
I was thinking around Dal Riata. Maybe have him get some Unseelie backing to conquer parts of Pictland, and found Dal Riata with his countrymen. (he's Irish Pagan btw)
>>
>>53582852 Well Irish Paganism has lots of fun magical items including weapons dating to before Arthurian Myth. Maybe somehow acquiring something like Gae Bulg?

And depending on time point I don't think the Picts are united or even under anyone's banner. If he does get Unseelie backing he might make a good overking of the Picts. You can never have too many King's.
>>
>>53582414
Madness is always tricky to play up correctly without seeming either contrived or just boring.

I would focus more on his hatreds, his suspicions, and his fears a lot more than his generosity and honor and prudence.
>>
>>53586200
Those are mechanical stats. Those are the things that drive him, its the way the system works. I get 8 years of the Characters life, where I can do pretty much anything to him. Im looking for cool ideas for the end result, not something the player will actually do. Pendragons like that.
>>
>>53586825
Not really sure what a knight would do in arthurian legend besides either visit the holy land or just become a mendicant monk. Everything else seems to fall a bit flat.
>>
>>53582579
Pilgrimage to Rome. Swears to rid Sicily of Saracens and Greeks at the request of the Pope himself. Fights, fucks, and forgives his way through Italy and mounts a semi religious war against the Byzantines in southern Italia. After years of fighting and scandalous relations with half women he meets, and the killing of their angry catholic husbands, the Pope sends him back to England, his vow abrogated.

Because of his lazy, indulgent, prudent nature, he won next to nothing in lands or glory. Other then honor duels.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.