[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chapter Approved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Chapter_Approved_OC_5.jpg (151KB, 750x1132px) Image search: [Google]
Chapter_Approved_OC_5.jpg
151KB, 750x1132px
Its back bitches! Chapter Approved is finally coming back and the glory of awesome and fluffy lists will be upon us!.

This plus the new way to buy vehicles where the chassis and weapons are separate could potentially mean the return of Vehicle Design Rules! What are you guys expecting to come in the first chapter approved? Feral Orks? Kroot Mercs? Lost and the Damned?
>>
Hopefully a way to look at a datasheet and see how much a fucking tank costs, without needing to add up figures from eight different locations first.
>>
>>53578290
some shit that nobody really wants and that will require you to buy muh dels
>>
>>53578290
Gretchin rebels please.
>>
>>53578290
>once a year
Is this how they're going to release updated points lists for balancing, too?
>>
>>53578290
What is it?
>>
>>53579329

They've said that they'll be releasing FAQs and then releasing a book every year containing all the updates for reference. So it sounds like it.
>>
File: chapter approved.jpg (188KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
chapter approved.jpg
188KB, 768x1024px
>>53579344
Literally just a book of interesting and cool extra stuff for use in 40k. Think Unearthed Arcana from D&D.
>>
>>53578290
Feral Orks when?
>>
>>53579416
Speed Freaks when?
>>
>>53578290
I'm not lucky enough to get back my Kroot Mercs
>>
>>53578290
A completely separate Tau Auxilia faction, like Farsight.

Also maybe even a (canon at last) Blood Raven list, since they seem to be hellbent on not making a Codex: Blood Ravens.
>>
>>53583593

We do have a Blood Ravens psyker in the Deathwatch box, Forge World used to make a Blood Ravens transfer decal sheet, and they are currently making a Gabriel miniature.

As far as I know, it's of dubious legalese who owns the trademark on the Blood Ravens, and it looks like GW has made some limited uses of them in limited sets and miniatures, but it's possible they do actually own them wholly so we could possibly see them later. I mean, it'd just make sense to tie in a popular videogame series to your miniatures line to get people to jump from one to the other.
>>
>>53583807
>who owns the trademark on the Blood Ravens,
GW does, but Relic is in charge of them.

Why does it work? Because you have an entire game studio dedicated to a single chapter.

I think this works since GW shouldnt meddle too much with their story, leave it to relic. Since they trully love them after all.

Anyways they have been canon since 2004, they had a codex entry with rules and all back then.

Older CEO was a fool that didnt take advantage of a product with massive marketing. Whilst the market was out there asking for the product.

But new Ceo was smart and will now capitalize on it, with gabriel angelos and new blood ravens from the deathwatch. I shit you not, when I saw jensus natorian being a blood ravens, I had an orgasm.
>>
File: 1496353936706.png (84KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1496353936706.png
84KB, 510x546px
>>53578290
>tfw we get comprehensive looted tank rules in the first edition
>>
>>53578290

The return of Kroot Mercs armies and Feral Orks.
>>
How about they add rules for playing with terrain that actually, you know, slows models down?

I playtested tonight and apparently area terrain movement penalties are minimal and only affect run and charge distances. Whatever happened to loyalist land raiders getting bogged down in rubble because they can't take dozer blades?
>>
File: 1495584759465.jpg (48KB, 877x620px) Image search: [Google]
1495584759465.jpg
48KB, 877x620px
Is this actually going to be like the old chapter approved or are they just putting that name on the 40k version of the general's handbook?
>>
>>53589372
The latter.

People are just assuming it'll just be the same thing it used to be when all we know about it is that they compared it to the AoS GHB when they released it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.