[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vent thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>trying to teach 6 people the rules of DnD
>1 guy tries his best but he just doesn't get it for some reason
>another is well on his way to being a rules lawyer, whenever I try to guide him away from that he's like "nah I know what I'm doing fuck off"
>2 people are kinda there more for the social aspect and forget what's on their sheets within 10 minutes
>one chick I probably would have kicked out by now if she wasn't a professional victim that would make everyone believe I was the asshole
>ironically the 13 year old girl in the group is the most dedicated to learning the rules
So how's your guys' groups?
>>
I'm lucky enough to have a group who are all close friends from college. The downside to that is that new philosophies on RPGs rarely-if-ever get introduced, but the upside is that we all know the others aren't That Guy (for the most part).
>>
File: 1494416745110.png (194KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494416745110.png
194KB, 500x500px
>>53576001
>>ironically the 13 year old girl in the group is the most dedicated to learning the rules
Did you post about this before or are teenage girls really good at learning DnD?
>>
>>53576142
Haven't posted about it before, but I meant most dedicated, not the quickest learner
>>
>>53576142
There's a reason that "enthusiastic teen girl" is a stereotype, anon.
>>
>>53576001
My group is great. I've weeded out the people I don't want. I got rid of anyone who was min maxing the bad way or antagonizing me or the other players. Now we have a golden group of three who gets along and has fun with our game.

Now for the venting.
>tfw I want to play as a player but I almost always have a problem with how other GM's do things
>tfw I considered asking one of my players to run a one on one game with me but fucked off because I didn't want to hassle him
I've came to terms with the fact that I enjoy GM'ing more than playing and I don't do well as a player.
>>
>>53577713
>tfw I want to play as a player but I almost always have a problem with how other GM's do things

I find I have the same issue. I think part of it however is just down to system mastery. If I'm playing then I know all the nuts and bolts behind the scenes and disengage. To resolve this my advice would be the play in a system you've never played in before and read up on the bare minimum of rules needed to make a character and play.
>>
>>53578043
I'll try that. Thank you.
>>
>>53576001
Alright, let me tell you about that asshole in my group. Lets call him Bob.
Im currently playing in a Black Crusade game, with 3 other players. We are a Bezerker, a Warpsmith, a Writhing World Sorcerer King (Me), and an Unaligned Q'Sal Magister (Bob). Bob and i joined the game around mid point (40 Infamy), and we made our characters. Now, i played with some really abusive people for a good while, but they were excellent RPers and they taught me much. So it became clear that i was the most skilled, and willing, at RPing. The other two players RPed as well, but they din't do it often, or very well. And then theres Bob. We have played for nearly a year now, and i have, not once, heard him utter a word In-Character. Whenever hes forced to RP (He will almost never do it on his own) he simply goes "I say this" or "I do that", without any flavor or style. His character is so boring, and she lacks so much personality, that we often forget shes even there. He always speaks in this monotone bored voice, even when hes supposed to be in danger. Now you may say to yourself "Hey, thats not so bad, its just a guy who dosent want to RP!". Its not just that.
He is also an incredible powergamer. I run into him when i got into a PF game, and me, not knowing PF to well, asked for his help. He proceeded to dump a ton of information on how to make my character a beast, with no regards to my backstory. Now, back at the BC game, we are at the final stages of the game, and at some point, his psy rating came up. 10. He spent all of his XP on Pys Rating advances. Now i was at 6 atm, and i always tried to RP major advances like psy rating somehow. So to get a +10 on Forb. Lore (Warp) id have to succeed in a difficult ritual. To get psy rating 6, i had to eat a a greater daemon of Nurgle. It nearly killed me. When i asked the GM if i could advance to psy rating 7, he said i haven't done enough yet. But Bob?
(Continued)
>>
>>53578100
He skipped straight over to been a Primaris psyker, with no danger, no challenge, no fun, no fluff, no nothing. I felt offended that i had to obey restrictions, while he did whatever the hell he wanted. And so i started conspiring with the rest of the players to kick him out. They agreed. Unfortunately the session where we were supposed to kick him, my character ascended, and i felt far to happy to kick him. And so it was called off.
We are planning to do it next session (which will likely be the last for a while).
>>
DMing for six close, long time friends. They're all really into it and we always have a fantastic time. Lots of laughing and fighting and drinking and always looking forward to the next session. I can't stop thinking about how one day we'll lose each other to life circumstances and have to stop playing twice a week and then at all. Feels bad.
>>
This shit annoys me too. There's literally one game mechanic. There's never an unmodified d20 roll.
>>
>>53576001
>the kid with the advantage in neuroplasticity learns faster
Well no duh.
Kids have goddamn ABSURD powers of regeneration and learning.
>>
>>53578152
To clarify, his Psy Rating was 10.
>>
>>53578199
The sadness I feel that my neuroplasty is dead and I wasted it getting drunk, skipping school and playing vidya.

I'll now never succeed.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.