[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark eldar Kabal creation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 7

File: 1479429165250.jpg (84KB, 600x920px) Image search: [Google]
1479429165250.jpg
84KB, 600x920px
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dark_Eldar_Kabal_Creation_Tables
With 8th edition rules drop and a discussion about the faction I felt compelled to try and get some more stuff going.
>Kabal Age D10
>>
>>53575380
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>53575380
>>
>>53575609
Old (2500-5000 years old), we're a bunch of old timers huh? Been around the block and know it like the back of our slaves.

Roll d10 for our boss.
>>
>>53577687
>10
Well... so thats why they act so strange.
>>
>>53577687
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>53578414
wrong field
>>
>>53578432
Gimme a reroll please
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>53578702
>>
>>53579223
>Member of Pre-Fall Nobility
Ancient Eldar runs Ancient Kabal
>Kabal Leader's Personality 1d10
>>
>>53579331
roll twice
>>
Rolled 4, 6 = 10 (2d10)

>>53579331
>>
>>53579545
>Flamboyant
>Ambitious
Common but good
>Kabal Origins d12
>>
Rolled 12 (1d12)

>>53579684
>>
>>53579853
>Spiritual reasons perhaps Followers of a Dark Muse or of the old ways of the Eldar Empire
Nice one man
>Kabal Demeanor 1d8
>>
Rolled 1 (1d8)

>>53579885
>>
>>53579980
>Swift As The Wind Faster than the rest and better than them too
Anyone want to try and roll for it again go ahead just in case it doesn't feel as interesting.
>Kabal Flaw 1d8
>>
Rolled 5 (1d8)

>>53580034
rolling for flaw
>>
>>53580034
>Eldar Arrogance
Being as old as we are we believe ourselves superior.
>Territory Location 1d10
>>
Meant for >>53580264
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>53580332
>>
>>53580379
>High Class District
We've managed to keep up the prestige even during all this time
>Territory Condition d100
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>53580757
>>
>>53580903
>Warpbeast infested
Well we have some interesting guard dogs
>Kabal Tactics 1d10
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>53581020
>>
>>53581490
>Performance Art: Poison
With wealth and age comes style.
>Kabal Resource 1d100
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>53581624
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>53581624
>>
>>53581970
>>53581791
Give me a reroll will use the higher of the two
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>53582584
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>53582584
yeh
>>
>>53582618
>>53582671
>Weapon Forge
We maintain a higher quality of implements in order to ensure our victims scream to the highest known octave.
>Kabal Signature Weapon D10
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>53583531
>>
>>53583907
>Mandrake herders
The shadows work for us to round up our prey
>Allies? D8
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>53584583
>>
>>53584941
>A wych cult
Elders need their entertainment and what better entertainment then a blood sport.
>Goals d12
>>
Rolled 6 (1d12)

>>53585037
>>
>>53585541
>Murder and Destruction
Likely of the upstart Vect he has broken the great glories of the past and HE SHALL PAY!

Thanks everyone for participating I'll do a write up quick
>>
>Kabal Age
Old (2500-5000 years old)
>Current Archon
Member of Pre-Fall Nobility
>Kabal Leader's Personality
Flamboyant and Ambitious
>Kabal Origin
Spiritual Reasons
>Kabal Demeanor
Swift as the Wind
>Kabal Flaw
Eldar Arrogance
>Territory Location
High Class District
>Territory Condition
Warp Beast Infested
>Kabal Tactics
Performance Art: Poison
>Kabal Resources
Weapon Forge
>Kabal Signature Weapon
Mandrake Herders
>Currently not betraying
Wych Cult
>Goals
Murder and Destruction
>>
>>53586202
>Mandrake Herders

What kind of weapon is that?
>>
>>53587210
I imagine it is like having personal defense drones with you. If someone attacks you a shot comes from the dark, if a assassin sneaks behind you those hiding in your shadow strike and Kill them, and in a fight you just point and say "dead" and they leap from the darkness and kill. Not a conventional weapon but with time, creativity, and some forethought it could be deadly. Which I think fits the character a bit well.
>>
>>53587779
That sounds pretty fucking cool.

All in all, this house seems pretty awesome. I suggest, "Kabal of the Septic Eye" for a name.
>>
>>53588040
Sounds like a good name
should we do anything to build up the house in term of background? Try to flesh out our Archon?
I'd like to think of him as being some sort of Elder Vampire like creature that needs to be in a chamber or casket like device in order to sustain himself.
>>
>>53588040
>Septic Eye

Fucking memers.

>>53588148
He should have an Irish accent or some shit.
>>
>>53588168
One better
>Scotsman Dark Eldar Archon
>>
>>53588215
I'd fucking support it. Whole Kabal is Scottish, but the Archon is the Scottishest of all, which represents him speaking in the manner of the ancient Eldar nobles. Now, no one except Crone Worlders and people as old as Vect can understand what the fuck he's saying.
>>
>>53588304
Perfect
Plus could make an interesting theme connecting old Eldar stuff with old Celtic lore
>>
>>53588304
>>53587779
>"Kabal of the Septic Eye"

YOU KNOW WHO ELSE HAD A SCEPTIC EYE?

BALOR, KING OF THE FORMORIANS, THE RULING ENTITIES OF IRELAND BEFORE THE TUATHE DE DENAAN CAME AND OVERTHREW THEM

>Balor is described as a giant with an eye in the middle of his forehead. This eye wreaks destruction when opened. The Cath Maige Tuired calls it a "destructive" and "poisonous" eye that no army can withstand, and says that it takes four men to lift the eyelid. In later folklore it is described as follows: "It was always covered with seven cloaks to keep it cool. He took the cloaks off one by one. At the first, ferns began to wither. At the second, grass began to redden. At the third, wood and trees began to heat up. At the fourth, smoke came out of wood and trees. At the fifth, everything got red hot. At the sixth...... At the seventh, the whole land caught fire"

You want gaelic? You want ancient fucking celtic lore? You want a noble so fucking old he predates Vect, predates Comorragh, predates all this shit?

You want Balor. Lord of the Sceptic Eye, Baron of the Twisting Shadows. The cruel shades of the Dark Eldar, the Mandrakes, follow him due to ancient pacts that date back to the dawn of Commoragh itself. Perhaps even older, the wicked shadows of eldar lives snuffed out in the birth screams of she who thirsts.

In Hiroshima, shadows were burnt into walls, permanently etched there from the baleful light of the atomic blasts that rocked the city. Where the figure was reduced to ash, a shadow remained, left in place by the suddenness by which it's mass was snatched away.

Whose to say the same can't happen to a body whose soul is snuffed out?
>>
>>53588579
Balor, Cyclopean Lord of the Formless Shadows. All withers and dies beneath his cruel, disintegrating gaze. He has elevated the misery and agony of poison into an art, a spectacle. Toxins so virulent his victims warp, bloat, and explode. Venom that literally burns the veins, sending gouts of smoke and flame out of the eyes and ears.
>>
>>53588579
>>53588631
THIS IS SOME GOOD SHIT
The way the eye is described makes me think of a super weapon that the kabal might have.
Perhaps it is directly connected to Balor through his eye?
>>
>>53588631
Damn, even the art coincidentally fits the theme.

Hmm. How about this? Keeping up the Celtic theme, Archon Balor's forces include a succubus (let's say that chick in the pic) as the other HQ. Let's name her Scathach.

>Scáthach, (Gaelic: “The Shadowy One”), in Celtic mythology, female warrior, especially noted as a teacher of warriors.

She taught Balor's lads the art of the poisoned blade, and so was the source of his respect for wych cults, or at least the source for his non-aggression pact.
>>
>>53588692
Implanted archaeotech eye, obviously.

Some kind of Radium weapon, obviously due to SUPERIOR ANCIENT ELDAR TECHNOLOGY it doesn't harm the user. Much. it may be driving him insane like a hatter. But RADIATION EYE BEEAAAMMMSS

>>53588735
Scathatch could be the leader of the Wych Cult they're currently not betraying
>>
>>53588746
if not a radium jezzail, a miniturized Volkite Charger
>>
>>53588579
Did Balor have a court or any companions?
>>
>>53588692
Maybe they have a huge ship cannon? They find a planet they want to blow the fuck out of, use the Webway to get the ship in position, and then fire. Everything is burned to ashes with poisonous smoke rising from the remains, choking any who might yet survive and fight. Then they speed away.

Only problem is it's real hard to take slaves at that point.
>>
I'm guessing these guys are pretty popular alongside Mandrakes.
>>
>>53588783
When Bres, the Formorian King was deposed by the Tuathe de Danaan for his cruelty and oppression, he fled first to his father Elatha seeking troops to retake what was his. On hearing the way his son had behaved, his father turned Bres away, so instead Bres went to Balor to raise his forces to destroy the Tuatha de.

Elatha is quoted as being the "The beautiful Miltonic prince of darkness with golden hair", and was perhaps a Moon god. Bres was also said to be beautiful, and was later killed by Lugh (who also slew Balor by putting a sling bullet or spear through his eye) by being forced to drink POISON or sewage.

Balor also had a daughter named Ethniu. According to prophecy, Balors grandson would kill him, so Balor had his daughter locked away from all suitors. Eventually someone scaled his tower and seduced her, and she gave birth to triplets - two of which Balor successfully drowned. The third escaped by mishap, and would grow up to become Lugh, who would later kill Balor.

When we consider this Archon was some sort of Pre-Fall noble, these dynastic struggles more or less become a compelling background.
>>
>>53588631
>>53588579
He is also referred to as Balor Béimnech (Balor the smiter), Balor Balcbéimnech (Balor the strong smiter) and Balor Birugderc (Balor of the piercing eye)
>>
>>53588842
Perhaps the canon works in stages first it knocks out all power the planet. Then emits a radiation wave to poison everything. Then it blows everything up.

During the first phase of Balor's Eye The Mandrakes could come into to take and herd the people of the planet. Along with the Wych cult and the Kabal it's self.
>>
It's also interesting to note Balors own eye is what destroyed the Formorian army, as it was turned back on them after Lugh killed him.
>>
>>53588890
See this kind of backstory is cool and makes me picture a very beaten and defeated creature not some haughty and arrogant Archon. But a creature of silence and disturbance he is scarred beaten and bloody and it shows physically and mentally. Millennia has passed and it has given little but new cruelties for Balor The Smiter, Balor Of the House Fhealltóir have given this maddened creature joy and pleasure he thought lost on him.
>>
>>53588870
See it would be an interesting aspect if the Medusa were harvested for their fruits as it were. Perhaps make it into a drug cocktail to either give minor precognition or allow our Archon to relieve his glory days or rather the whole races glory days.
>>
>>53588973>>53589023

to me it says he got his shit slapped in some civil war going on at the apex of the Eldars self destruction, only to ironically be saved by the fall itself.

Now Balor is a broken mockery of what he once was. Once a lord of the stars, now he skulks in shadows, surrounded by the trappings and shades of his noble past, but little more than just another petty warlord and Kabal leader in a sprawling city of petty warlords.

He has at least his memories, and his pretensions, but he knows in his heart his time is long over. Vecht would not tolerate his continued existence if he was anything resembling a threat. So he keeps what dignity is left to him, amusing himself with the suffering of slaves and his enemies, using his Wych allies to stage large mock battles and collesium fights that recall the glory days of the Eldar Empire before the fall.

Balor, once the Strong smiter, now Lord of the Shades. An echo of that which was once great, a washed up general and lord.
>>
>>53589087
I think it's honestly a perfect backstory
>>
>>53588735
>>53588746
Since we've got Balor fleshed out how about Scathatch? What would she be like? I imagine her mostly as wielding this spear or some sort of graceful polearm.
>>
Does Balor have any ambitions or schemes left, or has his defeat sapped him of that? (One of his traits is ambitious after all)
>>
>>53589130
>>53589087
Balor's eye is, like the Archon himself, a fragment of his past.

He lost his left eye in the chaotic tumult of the fall, soundly defeated on the battlefield in a bid for power, only to be saved by the destruction of the very Empire he sought to inherit. He's replaced it with a new one - a crimson orb set into the scarred socket beneath his brow. It is in fact a soul stone, containing the tortured spirit of his daughter who betrayed him and bore the child that defeated him on the battlefield. His grandson was torn asunder by the awakening of She Who Thirsts, but his daughter he has been able to keep close, never letting her rest or escape him for the crime of her duplicity.

Stories surround the eye and it's many supposed baleful powers, but these are just that - stories, which the Archon himself allows and sometimes even encourages for his amusement and benefit. The true 'Eye of Balor' was indeed a mighty weapon, an Aeldari engine of destruction that spewed withering lances of radiation that could scour a whole army. But that was lost in the fall.
>>
>>53589223
>>53589226
Reclaim his lost glory. Reclaim his lost weapon. Rule all of the Eldar.

These are the things he promises himself when he is not succumb to the torpor of melancholy, which he hosts ever increasingly debased shows of slaughter in order to rouse himself from. It is only on the killing fields that the true Balor lives again, for a little while at least.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (23KB, 333x343px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
23KB, 333x343px
>>53589211
She's a former Banshee Exarch who tred too long on the path of murder. She wields an Executioner Glaive

She's a Red Sonja like figure, seeking a mate worthy enough for her. Since Lelith Hesperax isn't interested, she has to look for the next best thing. Balor himself may be a candidate, when he rouses himself from his malaise.

Otherwise, his fete's bring her many victims to slay, and challenges to pit herself against.
>>
>>53589223
I think his ambition is still there, yes he may be a broken creature who once knew glory. But he still once knew the feeling of glory and would wish to return to it. I feel his ambitions must be focused on one individual at any given time. He targets this Archon because he has minor connections to another Archon who has a tie to a higher Archon who serves Vect. Something along those lines. The Flamboyant part can be in his cruelty to his Victims, Balor and his Kabal may come upon a feudal planet instead of just wiping them out and taking them back to serve, Balor could create a challenge for their mightiest hero to take on and Balor could watch feeling nostalgia as he to was once a great hero of his people. But along this journey the Hero is either A. Killed or B Corrupted either way mirroring Balor's own life. He'd have the Hero be medaused in order to relive what he felt as it would provide vivid stimulation to a wizened otherwise dead thing.
>>
>>53589328
I do actually like that
>>
Kabal Colors?
>>
>>53589560
Bright lime green and dark grey, with purple (almost hot pink) highlights. Just the perfect combination to make people uncomfortable.
>>
File: IMG_6373.jpg (31KB, 548x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6373.jpg
31KB, 548x332px
>>53589560
I'd personally go with black and midnight blue, with the blue being used for armor strongpoints. Something matte, to not let any light reflect on it.

Except for his sigil! That will be red. A big, red, bleeding eye, to remind him of what he lost...and what he will regain!
>>
>>53589621
Sounds like it would give people a headache
Also I thought of some interesting for Balor to wear over his soulstone eye. If we decide we should keep with theatrics (Which it does sound like a good idea to me) then perhaps he should wear some layering just to add more to the myth. Maybe even have some sort of poison dart launcher that shoots out of his eye in order to keep up appearances when called out on it?
>>
>>53589662
I was gonna say Charcoal and midnight purple.
>>
>>53589670
An eyepatch with a rune on it
>>
>>53589662
That's a good paint scheme I think, I like the tie in
>>
You guys realize where the "Septic Eye" thing comes from right?
>>
>>53589688
That could work
>>
>>53589732
Yes we're well aware it comes from a youtuber. However it still has been made to fit with the actual Kabal and it's been put together in a nice way I feel that the name being what it is isn't a big deal.
>>
>>53589749
And you're making this kabal Irish?
>>
>>53589760
Like most good /tg/ created things it takes inspiration from a culture or mythology that GW hasn't taped into in this case Celtic myth and legend.

Balor takes much of his inspiration from the original and it has actually made for a sympathetic yet still despicable villain.
>>
>>53589760
Gaelic. Apparently.
>>
>>53589677
OG color scheme? All we need is silver for the helmets and it's 3e DE all over again.
>>
Anyone want to brain storm names for the wych cult?
>>
>>53589948
Judging from what we got so far of Scathach, I'm thinking something related to combat superiority or being an old master. Cult of the Elder Spear? Ageless Blade? Immortal Technique (ha!)?
>>
>>53589948
Cult of the Ripping Claw
>>
>>53589977
There's a nice ring to Cult of The Elder Spear
>>
>>53589992
We can say she uses that name to sully the rep of the Banshee shrine she used to be part of.

Scathach was once a peerless warrior of her aspect shrine and, like her mythological namesake, was greatly sought after as a teacher. She used a Banshee Glaive with a red sash tied to it, like a Shaolin monk's spear. But there was too much demand. She couldn't even be fielded in battle anymore! There was hardly any time! Literally everyone wanted to learn her ancient polearm style! So she requested increasingly more rigorous tests of skill. But these ended up boring her, and gave her single-minded students.

So, she decided to have a little fun and ask of some...nefarious acts. For her amusement, of course. It began innocently enough: throw a spear at a target the size of a spirit stone. Then it got worse. Throw a spear at a target the size of a spirit stone from a moving vehicle. Throw a spear at a target the size of a spirit stone through a tower window from a moving vehicle. Then, shatter a real spirit stone.

When her greatest student performed the horrible deed, everyone in her shrine was horrified. How could she use her ancient art for such cruel purpose? So they all attacked her...at once. And it was in that moment Scathach realized how fun it was to fight again. If only she could experience such fun forever...

And that's when she left for Commoragh's arenas, leaving the beautiful blade gashes of her elder spear style in bodies along the way for all to see.

The children who idolized her back on her old craftworld still has nursery rhymes of her to scare other children into obedience:

"Scathach had a perfect form, with sash of bloody red. Everywhere that Scathach went, she left a trail of dead."
>>
>>53590096
Works out really nicely and is a cool little tale as well.

I think an interesting reason as to why the place is Warp beast infested is due to Balor wanting these beasts as both a test of skill to those he considers "loyal" to him. Also for the arena and for their tracking purposes.
>>
>>53590160
Maybe the warpbeasts were brought in as part of the wych cult (beastmasters et all), and they were bred in excess and a bunch escaped? Unoriginal, but I'm liking intertwining Balor and Scathach now.
>>
>>53590285
Would make sense
actually gives me an idea though I'd like to hear from others before doing it.

Basically rolling for the territory location of The Cult of The Elder Spear and their territory condition. So that we might fluff out more pieces.
>>
>>53590330
Rolling for location
>>
>>53591654
Whoops. Guess I can't on mobile.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>53591654
>>53591667
You can indeed on mobile
>>
>>53591780
Will need a reroll for it
>>
>>53591780
>tfw Mimi has no options field

;_;
>>
Rolled 5 1d10

>>53591806
>>
>>53593680
>Docking Spires
Give me a d100 for territory condition
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>53594044
What's our battle cry?
>>
>>53597244
>Salute of the Sightless?
>Surrender to the Shade?
>For Yesterday?
>I've got my Eye on you?
>>
>>53597244
>>53597287
>Feel our burning gaze
>>
>>53597244
>Haunted Dock Spires
>Feel our Burning Gaze
It sounds good
>>
>>53589328
>Balor himself may be a candidate, when he rouses himself from his malaise.

So he's kind of like season 5 Aku?
>>
>>53600999
>999
Guess that settles that.
>>
>>53600999
Little bit yeah but it has to do more with having had great power and influence over a massive empire. To now just being like one anon said a Warlord among Warlords.
>>
>>53589732
I don't. I guess it's cancer?
>>
>>53603400
TOP A THE MORNIN!
>>
>>53603400
It's from jacksepticeye, an Irish YouTube Let's Player who hangs out with the Korean people who apparently run YouTube. Fanbase consists largely of tweens. He's been known to be self-deprecating.
>>
>>53590160
>>53590285
>>53589226

What if all the beasts are from the Eye of Terror itself? If Balor's goal is to retrieve his Eye from some Crone world, then he would be sending expeditions to look for it over and over. To better prepare his warriors for future expeditions, he'd demand that the most terrible dangers of the Warp Storm be brought back to create a training environment just as dangerous. Better yet, and this may be reaching, he'd probably want the fiercest monsters killed in combat, out of respect for their capability as a killers, and take their progeny back to breed and grow, since the young are always the biggest monsters.
>>53579885
^What about this?
>>
>>53604177
That's a cool idea honestly. They could also use those warp beasts for arena entertainment. The spiritual reason could be to restore the Eldar empire as to how it was before. Which would then perhaps in Balor's mind restore the Eldar gods perhaps?
>>
>>53604318
And the Kabal is on good terms with the Wyches because the former has competent beast hunters and the latter gets choice pickings from an entire bestiary in the Eye of Terror! Yes!
As far as myth goes, the Fomorians were the dominant force on Ireland before the Tuatha de Danann came up and forced them out, and when Balor fell they were doomed for good. It would make sense that the only ones left in the court would be the ones delusional enough to think Balor actually has a shot at reestablishing his power, and even reestablish the empire.
>>
>>53604943
Makes me interested in what other Gaelic figures of evil we could pull from to form his court.

Mostly to form I'd think a Hameonculus, a Ssylth and a Lahmean
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.