[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back to the Warp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: e497dc2d57dc7dfbea6e791ab68db74f.jpg (642KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
e497dc2d57dc7dfbea6e791ab68db74f.jpg
642KB, 720x1080px
Is it possible to get so lost in the Warp that you eventually emerge in a different time but by a very large margin? Maybe even emerge in the past? Say you get the gist of it and you pump your Gellar Fields so that they actually hold somewhat more consistently and you try to visit different time periods for all sorts of fuckery or just desperately try to get back to your M. after a botched jump...

I was toying with an idea for a Rogue Trader campaign that would basically be Back to the Future 40K. Thoughts?
>>
It's possible, and has happened.

Next.
>>
>>53575034
examples?
>>
>>53575327
If you look at the Rogue Trader books, particularly Navis Prima, there's actually full blown rules for the occurrences.
>>
>>53575492
Notably, the Markov I and Markov II Warp Engines (Into the Storm) are both capable of *regularly* sending a ship back in time by short distances, while an Inaccurate Re-Entry result in the Navis Prima Warp Table can range anywhere from 1d5 years in the past (for a 120-140 roll), to several thousand years in the past (141+, GM discretion).
>>
>>53575024
There's an entire Ordo of the Inquisition that deals with this stuff. Fucking time paradoxes.
>>
>>53575024
Time travel happens with the warp all the time.

>Say you get the gist of it and you pump your Gellar Fields so that they actually hold somewhat more consistently and you try to visit different time periods

Consistent time travel is a bad idea though. It's a fun accident but when you can control it it turns to shit since the setting isn't built for it.
>>
Why has nobody tried to use the warp to go back in time and tell the Emperor about Horus?
>>
>>53577077
They have. Daemons ate them all.
>>
That's the kind of talk the Ordo Chronos takes harshy to.
>>
>>53576860
Accent is on "try"; and by consistent I mean their odds of being incomprehensibly horribly murdered and driven insane while in warp lowered by a considerable amount. Not actually getting where they intended

>>53577077
this is a really good premise in fact...destined to fail in the end ofc : D
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.