/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hour of Devastation spoilers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 45

File: IMG_7527.jpg (49KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7527.jpg
49KB, 265x370px
Can we continue to talk about how awful Samut is?
>>
File: IMG_7537.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7537.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
Nicky B is just Nicky B. Not much else to say.
>>
File: IMG_7538.jpg (40KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7538.jpg
40KB, 265x370px
>Bontu the Feelified
>>
>>53572918
I gotta say, I really like the art on this one. The mummies swarming up from the bottom and the couple flying really sell it.
>>
>>53572889
The first one was already shit, but this one is even worse.
Also Jesus Christ that fucking art. Stop giving Briclot work for fuck sake.
>>
>>53572918
>>53572936
Same, that's pretty cool.
>>
>another RG walker

Did we really need another?
>>
>>53573210
We really didn't, let alone one who's both pretty garbage, and apparently designed top down in a way that was completely ineffective.
>>
Would having Nico just for one turn in EDH be worth it for the +1?
>>
>>53572918
>"NOTICE ME BOLAS-SENPAI! NOTICE ME!"
>>
>>53573248
>7 mana
>opponent gets to pick which cards are exiled
>2-6 cards
Kind of, sort of, but the +2 is much better.
>>
>>53573234
But she's black anon!
Black!
Women of color, tee-hee!
>>
>>53572903
He's 7 cmc! For the first time!
>>
>>53573004
>>53573210
>>53573234

Yeah, this is just a fail all around. The +1 can't protect herself, the -2 does not do anywhere near enough, and the only times you'll ever ult her is when you've got Doubling Season on the battlefield, and they'll never reprint Doubling Season.

And that's before bringing the terrible art into consideration.
>>
>>53572918
WAAH, BOLAS SENPAI, TELL ME I'M YOUR NUMBER ONE
>>
>>53573255
>>53573472

Bontu in a Japanese school girl outfit when?
>>
>>53572889
I wonder what % of MtG players worldwide are black girls.
I wouldn't be surprised if it were less than 1%.
>>
File: automatic-trash.gif (3MB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
automatic-trash.gif
3MB, 400x311px
>>53572903
>+2: Cast a free Renegade Map from your opponent's deck
>+1: Each opponent exiles zero cards from their empty hand
>-4: Nicol Bolas fails to kill that indestructible/hexproof creature
>-12: Win the game turn 11... maybe
>>
>>53573579

>Playing Standard
>>
>>53572889
I kinda want to play Samut in a Planeswalker commander deck though, I'll be honest. I don't care if it's bad.
>>
>>53573579
>turn 11

What is Aetherworks Marvel for $500?
>>
>>53572918
Great, so the Black-mana character looks like he's going to be the evil one. Great job Wizards. Hey, tell me again about how Black-mana doesn't automatically make people evil.

That said, I do like the flavor of the card. "Fuck this, you all die!" really fits Black.
>>
>>53573648
But why?
>>
>>53573659
The flavor of that card screams "extreme selfishness" more so than "evil", which is appropriate for Black. Black-aligned characters are just less inclined to care whether or not people die in their own selfish pursuits.
>>
>>53573659
It's not so much that black mana is evil, so much as all mana is evil.
Which is to say, there's no good color. But black is selfishness and power seeking, which while not intrinsically evil in and of itself (ambition is a trait that leads individuals to greatness), does lead to many evil ends.

Rather than black being not-evil, however, they really stress that white is not-good. No color is good. All of them can and do bring destruction, depletion, and oppression within their domain.
>>
File: Ooga McBooga Nigga.jpg (163KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Ooga McBooga Nigga.jpg
163KB, 1200x675px
>>53573343
Ooga McBooga nigga!
>>
Naya Gideon tribal feat. Samut
>>
>>53573703
Judging by the flavor text, it looks like Bontu is going to side with Bolas against everyone else. There's probably going to be some stupid god civil-war where slowly everyone turns on Bolas except Bontu. I could be wrong though.

>>53573715
It's fine that they show the negative aspects of White, but they pretty much never show any actual positive aspects to Black. I guess the Aetherborn, sorta, for being anti-nihilists, are the last thing I can think of. What do we have other than that? Toshiro and Sorin? Oh wait, Sorin's WB now.
>>
>>53573773
>There's probably going to be some stupid god civil-war where slowly everyone turns on Bolas except Bontu.
AND THEN SAMUT COMES IN AND SHES ALL
WAAAAAYYAAAHHHHH KICKS NICOLE BOLUS IN THE HEAD for being RACIST!
heh finally WoTC catches up with the rest of the world.
>>
>>53573773

Yahenni was actually the best written Kaladesh/Aether Revolt character, even with the being in Lesbians with Nissa thing.
>>
>>53573773
See, the flavor text says that, but on the other hand the art is her getting swarmed by hundreds of zombies, which she and the other gods control.

I figure it might be Bolas getting what he needs out of the plane and deciding to wipe the place, ala his ult, and that art is Bontu's glorious final "WHY WON'T YOU NOTICE ME" as she dies.
>>
>>53573807
>even with the being in Lesbians with Nissa thing
I fucking hate this gay world.
>>
>>53573794
Oh god, the showdown with Bolas is probably going to be beyond underwhelming. They'll curbstomp Bolas and he'll run away like a bitch. Oh, I can see it now. It's just going to read
>Then the Gatewatch beat up Bolas and he ran away! They sure showed that meanie who's boss!"
And then he'll make an anti Gatewatch group to fight them. And then it'll be Jacetice League versus Injacetice League. Can't fucking wait.
>>
>>53572889
>Can we continue to talk about how awful Magic has been for the last decade+?

Fixed
>>
>>53573833
I mean, is it really lesbians when one of them is a functionally asexual magic rock vampire?
>>
I'm fine with wizards bringing in more ethnic groups into magic, I just wish they would have a little more tact and creativity about it. Koth was an interesting character...dreadsylocks and ghost face killer are just kind of lame.
>>
>>53573921
i guess not
i try to stay as far way from the story as I can I just see kangz bait and lesbos and really lose faith in wizards even further.
this kind of pushing isnt going to kill the game because at the end of the day it is still just a game but you think they would try to make the game for the fans, not for the squeakiest wheels.
>>
>>53573830
>I figure it might be Bolas getting what he needs out of the plane and deciding to wipe the place, ala his ult, and that art is Bontu's glorious final "WHY WON'T YOU NOTICE ME" as she dies.
Looks like that indeed.
>>
>>53573892
Scars and Innistrad 1.0 were fine.
Inn-Inn-Inn was one of the best draft formats they've ever done.
>>
>>53573921
She got fingers. That's more than enough to lesbian' someone.
>>53573965
There is at least one lesbian couple per bloc now. It wouldn't be a problem if it was dropped with at least a bit of subtility.
>>
>>53573921
Asexual isn't the same as not having a biological sex. Asexual by itself just means have little to no sex drive.
>>
>>53574071
I mean, the term is taken from Asexual Reproduction, which also only barely fits what Aetherborn do. The point stands though.
>>
>>53574071
asexual means that an organism is capable self-replicating...stop fucking up science and trying to change the definition of established concepts.
>>
>>53573441
Her worst crime is definetly being a top-down design that fails at being evocative. Did anytone look at her original card, or this one for that matter, and think "oh yeah, that's clearly a speedster."
>>
>>53574018
>It wouldn't be a problem if it was dropped with at least a bit of subtility.
it would still feel like they were pushing an agenda and I'm really not comfortable with it.
I mean what am I going to do about it? probably nothing. maybe just proxie cards if it gets any worse.
>>
>>53573441
she's black. There is only one good black walker, and that is Teferi. She is Kaya-tier
>>
>>53574119
Yes, asexual reproduction exists. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the organism doing it has no biological sex, as seen with heterogamy, where organisms can alternate between sexual and asexual reproduction.
>>
>>53574111
Wait, something coined by the left mimics yet completely butchers science? It can't be.
>>
>>53574177
>There is only one good black walker
why does there NEED to be any?
this whole character feels rushed I wouldn't be surprised if ti was tacked on way later
>>
>>53573973
From Amonkesh people point of view, Hour of devastation would be like having Jesus second coming only to see Jesus throwing everyone indiscriminately into hell while looking at us with disgust and utter contempt.
And Bontu is going "But I did everything as you commanded? What fault did I commit?"
That is quite sad.
>>
>>53574119
Prescriptivist, go and stay go. Your understanding of languages consists of nothing but misconceptions and it's cringey as fuck to have to read your ramblings.
>>
>>53574224
How does this butcher science?
>>
>>53574230
Because Teferi was fucking based and he'd be based no matter the skin color because him being a nigger was never important. Agenda pushing doesn't make good characters. Reminds me of the 90s era stuff where things needed to cover every fucking demographic possible so every show would have a token wheel-chair guy.
>>
>>53574071
>Asexual by itself just means have little to no sex drive.
people who identify as "asexual" just means they dont want to fuck YOU in particular.
they are also fucking retarded as pointed out by the other anons
>>53574247
>ramblings
>literally shorter than your complaint about him rambling
wew
>>
So I've been a bit behind, last I checked the Gatewatch were fucking up some sacred trials, and now mah boy Bolas is back.
Has he turned them into puddles yet?
>>
>>53572889
>Samut the tested
Tested for what? HIV?
>>
>>53574007
>fine
>the most hideous and blatant powercreep since the original Mirrodin, obsoleting half the entirety of MTG history
>>
>>53574263
>people who identify as "asexual" just means they dont want to fuck YOU in particular.
So people who don't identify as "asexual" want to fuck everyone they speak to? Got it. That sounds reasonable.
>>
>>53574281
You make it sound like most people don't like powercreep. People tend to like high power levels. You can see this partially with how they thrash all the lower power sets that follow.
>>
>>53574259
this
but I have to say Teferi's aesthetics were really cool and part of the reason I think that is probably because im black.
>>53574284
>Got it
>*humphing intensifies*
calm your tits tumblrina, you and I both know people use that shit to get attention and as an excuse not to fuck someone they are dating.
and its never virgins who claim to be asexual mind you.
>>
>>53574263
People don't want to fuck you, anon, because you're retarded.
>>
>>53574313
>People tend to like high power levels
Maybe some underate timmy idiot might like powercreep. Most people like balanced power levels where even commons are regularly usable. Not kike sets with "6 mana win the game" mythics and rares and the rest of the block is fucking trash.
>>
>>53574272
Well, she is a nigger...
>>
>>53574123
>be speedy
>really high cmc
They would have made her more of a speedster by just making her 3 mana than anything else they could've done
>>
>>53574352
well thats pretty mean of you.
>>
>>53574341
>calm your tits tumblrina, you and I both know people use that shit to get attention and as an excuse not to fuck someone they are dating.
So, because some people use it for attention, mean that it's not legitimate at all. By this logic, because some people fake illnesses or play up their illnesses for sympathy, illnesses actually don't exist.

>and its never virgins who claim to be asexual mind you.
Really? Have you spoken to ever asexual in existence to confirm this? Spoilers: You're dead wrong.

This is really starting to sound like you're salty for getting turned down or something.
>>
>>53574388
Well, I'm curious. Say you have to design a speedster legendary. How would you do it exactly? Double strike and haste? Bounce to hand at the end step maybe?
>>
>>53574404
no by that logic they made up a disease and claim they have it.
at worst they have a hormone imbalance. but more than likely they are just cucking you behind your back.
This kind of shit happens all the damn time.
>>
>>53574433
>This kind of shit happens all the damn time to me.
FTFY. And if you're as unpleasant you are in real life as you are online, I can definitely see why nobody wants to fuck you.
>>
>>53574420
Personally I would go with haste and first strike, then give them some kind of escalating effect based loosely on momentum. Either that or just go full Un-Set and give them non-keyworded Super Haste by basically making them a Pact.
>>
>>53574420
Well, she was RGW? A 3/4 haste/first strike for 1RGW with "return target creature you control in your hand: the next creature spell you cast gain haste until the end of turn" could be fun to build around.
>>
>>53574460
>Personally I would go with haste and first strike, then give them some kind of escalating effect based loosely on momentum.
Shit, I actually made a custom card like that, but it's 5 mana. In my defense, it's a power bonus that doubles every time it attacks.
>>
>>53574453
>hurr durr you have no right to complain about bad things that happened to you because complaining about bad things happening to you proves they happened to you for a reason
the fuck outa here bitch
>>
>>53574420
1RG
Haste
space for speed related things
2/2

There, you got a base for something that's not a terrible Akroma-like abomination where all you do is throw keywords on the damned card.
>>
>>53574491
Oh god, this is glorious. I didn't say that at all. A better analogy is that I see bad things happen to you, then laugh because you seem to bring them on yourself.
>>
>>53574491
Anon, it did happen to you for a reason. You're an unpleasent and stupid person.
>>
>>53574486
Why did she have W in her cost anyway? It's even weirder now that her PW doesn't have W.

As for the ability, I don't think I'm totally sold on bouncing a creature you control.
>>
>>53574495
There's nothing about green that says "speedster" though, that's just shit colorpie appropriation.

1WR
Vigilance, Haste
W/R, sacrifice an artifact: Samut deals damage equal to the sacrificed artifact's CMC to target creature or player.
2/2

?
>>
>>53574569
>There's nothing about green that says "speedster" though, that's just shit colorpie appropriation.
...Flash?

And we've already seen that ability on Bosh. Which actually means the ability should probably cost a lot more, or at least tap.
>>
>>53574617
There was meant to be a tap in the ability (to synergize with vigilance), I just forgot to include it in. What about a set damage value? 1W/R, sacrifice an artifact, T: bolt somebody?
>>
>>53574533
>You're an unpleasent and stupid person.
t.roastie
shit leave that guy alone hes clearly seen some shit
>>
>>53573773
>it looks like Bontu is going to side with Bolas against everyone else
I'd imagine all the gods are going to side with Bolas, considering he brainwashed them for specifically that purpose.
>>
>>53574655
Tapping and saccing? I think you could possibly get away with 3 damage at 1R or something. Oh, and I forgot to ask before, but why are you giving her an artifact-Fling ability? Oh wait, it's probably something in the story I haven't read, isn't it?

>>53574744
I imagine they're going to start breaking free in the next set. I bet anything at least one of them will turn on Bolas.
>>
>>53574668
I would say nice try, but really, you're just proving my point now.
>>
>>53574420
1RG
Haste
2/2
Whenever <name> deals combat damage, she gains that many 'Speedo' counters. Whenever <name> takes combat damage, she loses that many 'Speedo' counters.
Gains +1/0 for each 'Speedo' counter on her

1RG
+1 Target creature gains +1/+1 until the beginning of your next turn. Until the beginning of your next turn, <name> cannot be attacked by flying creatures.
0 Target creature gains haste until the end of your turn. When it deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
-x I'm terrible at thinking of ultis
>>
It's real simple guys. The policy of creating shitty Mythic Rares has simply expanded to include Planeswalkers.
>>
>>53574805
The ones included in the planeswalker decks are what kill me. Does anyone look at those thing as anything other than the planeswalkers too shitty to be in the actual set?
>>
>>53574778
I don't read the story, but she's supposed to be an anarchist type, so I figured that using random objects as improvised throwing weapons was fitting to that concept and benefitting the "fast win at the cost of card disadvantage" speedy burn strategy. It isn't that costly when you compare it with Jaya Ballard. You could make it cost just W/R if you want to push it more.
>>
>>53574561
I saw that as a way to save creatures you control, reuse them for their entry effect or recycle cheap creatures that would be useless in late game.
>>
>>53574796
>Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, put that many velocity counters on it.
>Whenever ~ is dealt damage, remove that many velocity counters from it.
>~ gets +1/+0 for each velocity counter on it.
Not bad. I'll be sure to steal it for the next /ccg/.

But seriously, why does her creature card have W in it?

>Until the beginning of your next turn, <name> cannot be attacked by flying creatures.
I don't even know what this means. Are you trying to use Green's not!Flying from Orchard Spirit?

And yeah, PW's are a nightmare to develop. Wizards at least has my sympathy there.
>>
>>53574847
Eh, makes sense.
>>
>>53574898
Still think they nailed it with Vraska personally, but that's just me.
>>
>>53574841

Worse still, the Planeswalker decks are downgraded from the previous Planeswalker Duel Decks.
>>
File: gottagofast.jpg (17KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
gottagofast.jpg
17KB, 223x310px
>>53574420
give it Super Haste
>>
>>53574898
>And yeah, PW's are a nightmare to develop. Wizards at least has my sympathy there.
that's because planeswalker cards should never have been a thing. they don't deserve any sympathy for having trouble designing their cash grabs.
>>
>>53574898
>But seriously, why does her creature card have W in it?
Because of EDH.
>>
>>53575037
PWs should've had summoning sickness.
>>
>>53575084
I don't want shit built for EDH, I want shit I can repurpose for EDH, don't pre-chew my food for me goddamit, I'm not a baby or geriatric with no teeth.
>>
>>53572889
> WE WUZ GRAYN AN REID
>>
>>53574898
>But seriously, why does her creature card have W in it?
EDH

>I don't even know what this means. Are you trying to use Green's not!Flying from Orchard Spirit?
I wanted some kind of evasion and hating flyers is part of green, it felt greener than only being able to be attacked by flyers (which makes more sense, outrunning everything else)
>>
File: 60.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
60.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>53574007
>Inn-Inn-Inn was one of the best draft formats they've ever done
Except for a glaring mistake
>>
>>53575269
Oh, I see what you mean now. Anyway, you could've given your stuff Reach, since that seems to be both Red and Green now. But as for not being attacked by flyers, I really like that Wurm enchantment, and I think I'll make a planeswalker kinda sorta based on it.
>>
>>53573892
I dont know about the last decade but I know that very recently numbers are way down in my city. I started actually going to events starting with Theros and the prereleases have always been packed. I'm talking to the point we have to skew tables to shove more tables into the store. This last Amonket release we had 3 empty tables and we didn't even have to touch the war gaming tables. The modern masters 2017 drafts were all canceled because no one showed up for them. Even release weekend only five people showed up. Its been steadily going down since Khans and now its a wasteland. Talking to the other stores in my city its the same thing on their end. No one is showing up for new sets. Modern EDH and the vintages are all fine and healthy but everything new is just dying.
>>
>>53575672

Have they done any surveys or anything, so players can explain why they aren't playing the new stuff, and maybe the stores can pass that along to Wizards, and the store doesn't keep taking the hits for Wizards' mistake?
>>
>>53573659
>he
>>
>>53575722
I don't understand WotC's fascination with monstrous females, but- Oh wait, /tg/ does the same thing. Huh. What is it with you guys a monstrous females then?
>>
>>53575739

We want to fuck them.
>>
>>53575739
>trying to understand fetishes
just follow your boner's will
>>
File: samut.jpg (147KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
samut.jpg
147KB, 1080x1080px
>>53575739
Furry pandering makes money. Just look at pic related, clearly made to pander to monkey furs
>>
File: Witch Queens.jpg (107KB, 666x500px) Image search: [Google]
Witch Queens.jpg
107KB, 666x500px
>>53575934
You want to talk furry pandering and shit art? OK.
>>
>>53575934
Wait, what the fuck is that thing on her chest? I never noticed this before. It's armor made to look like crossed arms? What? Why?
>>
File: speedster.png (146KB, 987x799px) Image search: [Google]
speedster.png
146KB, 987x799px
>>53575985
>It's armor made to look like crossed arms? What? Why?
Because she's a speedster
>>
>>53575985
>>
>>53576018
Oh my god. That doesn't... You know, I make custom cards. It takes a lot of time and effort, and I've made a ton of completely shit cards. When i first saw Samut, I thought that it looked like something I would've made on my first draft, then changed about five times before saying it was done.

>>53576057
I don't get it. Dark Souls shit I guess? Killing the dragon girl and the spider girl?
>>
File: Ogma.jpg (37KB, 357x306px) Image search: [Google]
Ogma.jpg
37KB, 357x306px
>>53575739
>not fucking monstrous females
>>
>>53573441
The abilities would be fine....if it was a 2 mana walkers, like what the fuck is that -2? 2 damage? a fucking twinbolt on 4 mana?
>>
>>53576121
You know, the part that pisses me off the most about Samut is that despite being some generic antifa nigress she's implied to be faster than literal spacetime manipulators like Venser.
>>
File: 1473207823721.jpg (88KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473207823721.jpg
88KB, 720x960px
>another R/G walker
>>
>>53576256
What would you have done? Just curious.

>>53576309
Until she gets Split Second, that's bullshit.
>>
>>53576326
>What would you have done? Just curious.

Nothing, because this is a shit character, if they wanted a new PW I would've gone for a Neheb PW card affiliated to bolas.
>>
>>53576326
There are like 3 creatures with Split Second and none are legendaries.
>>
>>53572889
When I first saw Samut I thought she was a fake done as a joke because she sucks so much. But then I realized that that could only mean she was real since only WotC is capable of designing such garbage.
>>
>>53575715
That would be to smart for WotC. Besides they would just ignore it all anyways. Just from talking to people its the weak as shit cards and the piss poor story. The absolute biggest complaint I hear is about the Jacetice League and we all know WotC will never give them up. People are more interesting in the planes themselves and everyone on the planes than the Planeswalkers. Everyone wants a set where none of the main cast show up at all. Just some new walker doing whatever on a new plane completely unrelated to everything else. Card wise people just seem to say that most of the set are just bad versions of past cards. Like Fan barer got a ton of hate because its so useless. No idea what they could do there because power creep is just as bad as power stagnation. There really is no winning with either.
>>
File: tumblr_np7wxdh3Zb1tm904wo1_400.png (337KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np7wxdh3Zb1tm904wo1_400.png
337KB, 375x523px
>>53576373
>only WotC is capable of designing such garbage.
Then you obviously haven't seen enough custom cards yet.

>>53576361
OK, redpill me on Neheb.
>>
File: 1474649029122.gif (767KB, 200x151px) Image search: [Google]
1474649029122.gif
767KB, 200x151px
>>53572889
>+1 to give one (1) creature double strike until the end of turn
>-2 for a fucking fork bolt
That's so bad, holy shit. Even Arlinn was better. At least her upticks give a small pump and can actually bolt on one of her abilities for -1
>>
>>53576405
>The absolute biggest complaint I hear is about the Jacetice League and we all know WotC will never give them up.
They're not giving them up, but they are at least toning the Gatewatch down in the future. At least that's what they're saying.
>>
>>53576431
those kinds of custom aren't even worth acknowledging since they aren't even functional. but look at places like /ccg/ and you will notice people coming up with cards a shit ton more interesting than what WotC does. WotC even steals ideas from them.
>>
>>53576326

Made it a 0 ability. You can plus her, get her closer to her ult, or not plus her and defend yourself.

Or made it a 4 damage Firery Justice without the life gain.
>>
>>53576464
They say a lot of things that never happen.
>>
>>53576464

They are toning them down appearing as cards.

They will still be staying the main focus of the story. Gotta have some face characters for the Magic the Gathering movie!
>>
>>53576361
Personally I would have made... maybe 3 planeswalkers (in story, not cards yet) produced by Amonkhet along the ages. So you can have one devout to Bolas, one self-serving that obey Bolas by pure interest for future use.

And this block new one that honestly believed in God-Bolas until hour of devastation make him doubt.
The Gatewatch would have tried the first set to convince him to flee the trials and failed. Liliana, unknowingly to the others will have called back the spirit of his best friend he killed for the trials to haunt him but the defeated his just happy for his victor triumph.
Then Hour of devastation happens and Bolas is so different to what he thought it finally make him (and his now attached bestie) doubts.
>>
>>53576121
The dark souls guy at least makes sense due to him being promised to his Goddess above anyone and shit his title is Lautrec the Embraced.

Her arm-or is just defiance based I guess? I don't know the story behind it.
>>
>>53573767
Isn't she written by the same sheboon that written Samut?
>>
>>53576605
>there won't be a weatherlight saga movie
>instead we get a bunch of literally who's that shit up every plane they visit because of their incompetence
>>
>>53576823
I don't want a movie about either group. Weatherlight sounds boring as fuck. People who defend it must have their nostalgia goggles surgically attached to their face.
>>
LotR scale Phyrexia vs. Dominaria would obviously be the best.
>>
>>53573659

To tell the truth, it seems more tragic than evil at this point
>>
>>53573850
Nissa had a vision about their showdown against bolas

they get their asses handed to them,
nissa is gravely wounded and gideon is at least mutilated, if not killed
>>
>>53576980
Sounds great! I hope Bolas kills as many of them as possible, I don't care if he has to nuke the whole plane to do it!
>>
>>53573794
>kick Bolas in his bolas
Fix'd.
>>
>>53573773
>they pretty much never show any actual positive aspects to Black
Kamigawa begs to differ.
>>
>>53577148
I mentioned Toshiro.
>>
>>53577211
Sorry. I didn't read the name. But still, Kamigawa did the whole inversion of not-good and not-evil with black and white colors.
>>
>>53576980
>>53577046

I don't want Gideon to die, he's the only Gatewatch member who is written half competently.
>>
>>53576405
The endless stream of planeswalkers are one of the big complaints I hear at my LGS, not so much for flavor and lore or whatever else, but in how there's so few ways to interact with them. Basically, they warp the entire format into playing midrange.
Also, fucking everyone is tired of Eldrazi. Then, combine Marvel and Eldrazi and you get games where you win or lose not because of how you or your opponent played, or even really what deck you're running, but because of pure luck. Games where one person has no real say in anything that's happening tend to rank at the bottom of the fun-o-meter and drive people away.
>>
>>53577391
"We try not to make luck based cards aggressively costed because the majority of people don't like it when games are won due to chance."
>print marvel
>>
File: Good or Bad.jpg (146KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Good or Bad.jpg
146KB, 500x500px
Anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that pic related will be very good when the combo card is released? Just based on how the card is so restricted via creatures in grave, dik why but i feel "gift of the god pharaoh" will be a decent card.
Yey or Nah?
>>
>>53577756
Given how Renowned Weaponsmith turned out in Tarkir block, I'd not hold my breath on it being good. Additionally, the fact that in draft you have to take Gift before you know if Gate is even in your pool makes it significantly worse there.
>>
>>53577966
>I'd not
British?
>>
>>53572889
Collector's numbers 144/199, 140/199, 060/199.

So, normally collector numbers are ordered like this: White, Blue, Black, Red, Green, Multicolor, Colorless, Lands. If Nicky B is number 144 that means there's at least another 55 cards that are multicolor, colorless, or lands. That's a lot for a small set. Eldritch Moon What do you think we're getting? A bunch of Deserts? Some tricolor stuff to go with Bolas' color identity? Reprinting or completing a cycle of dual lands? Eldrazi? Ugin-related stuff?
>>
>>53575672
>>53575715
WotC has posted record-breaking profits and while they don't release specific sales numbers, they say BFZ was the best selling set of all time and Kaladesh is currently the second best, and that's with them freely admitting that BFZ was a huge fuckup. If numbers appear to be down in your area it's because nobody goes to their FLGS in general. MTG is doing fine.
>>
File: C_fEgXiXgAUnIM7.jpg (64KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
C_fEgXiXgAUnIM7.jpg
64KB, 375x523px
>>53576529
/ccg/ making interesting cards doesn't mean a damn thing. RoboRosewater's "smartest" neural network makes interesting, from time to time.Every once in a blue moon the "dumb" ones make good cards too. Anyone can make cool cards in a vacuum. The hard part is making them all fit together into a set and also not breaking each other.

(pic not related, I just saw this one and thought it was funny)
>>
>>53579702
Agreed. I'm about 120 cards into a set that me and a friend were working on and god damn is it hard to test balance and viability in a vacuum. I've been toying around with posting it on /ccg/ for advice, but I want to tool around with it some more, see if I can fix it up.

>"look at the top card of his or her library into your graveyard to the battlefield"
I...how?
>>
so now that we're on the topic of CCG, do you guys think Eren Yeager's color identity would be monored because of his crazy emotions or if he would be rakdos or gruul

i know levi would be dimir for sure
>>
>>53579702
God I love the ancient machine and its nonsense.
>>
>>53579843

levi - esper

eren - boros
>>
>>53579863
oh yeah for some reason boros completely escaped my mind

although i dont think eren is really boros because he really just wants to kill all his enemies because he feels like it, not because it's "just"

i think he's just plain monored
>>
File: Arkham Asylum.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Arkham Asylum.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>53579768
Yes! Join us, brother! Hmm, I'd have to make a new /ccg/ thread though. Well, it's not going to start itself.

But really, I encourage you to get feedback as soon as possible. You might understand your mechanics perfectly and think they're playable and fun, but what do others think?

>>53579843
You should base colors on mechanics rather than lore. Once you start putting lore over mechanics, you run into a lot of color pie-warping situations.
>>
>>53579951
>>You should base colors on mechanics rather than lore. Once you start putting lore over mechanics, you run into a lot of color pie-warping situations.

wrong

spicy color pie bending cards give me life
>>
File: Demons Magic.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Demons Magic.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>53580024
Then make it a flashy mythic or use the colorshifted frame.

/ccg/
>>53580004
>>
>>53579863
I don't really see the white in Levi's color identity
>>
File: dwarf it.jpg (67KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf it.jpg
67KB, 375x523px
>>53579852
It's fucking great. It reliably produces rules text that, at initial glance, appears to be a properly formatted and functional sentence worth of mechanics, but then it leads you down a fucking garden path.
>>
File: Who.jpg (22KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
Who.jpg
22KB, 600x360px
>>53579843
>Eren Yeager
>>
>>53580166
Attack on Titan.
>>
>>53580151
Ancient is reliably great for dumb shit.
Old is a coinflip for 'dreks from /ccg/' or 'tame ancient'
Modern is best when it's making shit that Wizards could actually print, which is surprisingly often nowadays.
>>
>>53579563
Actually, they've taken a few major hits in consumer confidence despite their actual product sales. Stuff like MOCS still crashing after all these years, the emergency Cat ban, and dissatisfaction with the narrative direction isn't entirely offset by the increased consumption.

They're showing more product being sold, but it's being bought by players who are less invested in Magic, and their retention rate is declining.
>>
>>53574356
>Most people like balanced power levels where even commons are regularly usable.
So like Innistrad?
>>
>>53580282
Somewhat, but definitely not Scars.
>>
>>53580151
"Dwarf it"
Best line on anything ever.
>>
>>53576529
>WotC even steals ideas from them.
Source?
>>
>>53580509
He's probably just going to mention really obvious things like there having been like 12 people who independently "created" some variation of Embalm.
>>
>>53572918
Love this card, if grixis control takes off I can see it being a 2-of
but I don't see grixis control being a thing unless marvel eats a ban, which it should have instead of emrakul in the first fucking place
>>
>>53572889
So who else has a dead LGS right now thanks to Kal and aether?
We had like 18 people at pre release for amonkhet then maybe 2-3 people show up each week after.
>>
>>53580448
Nigga, what are you on? Scars had lots of commons that saw play in Standard and some still see competitive play in Pauper, Modern and even Legacy!

>Assault Strobe
>Auriok Sunchaser
>Blight Mamba (and every other low cost infect creature)
>Grasp of Darkness
>Glimmerpost (Now we fucking have 12 post)
>Glint Hawk
>Nihil Spellbomb
>Perilous Myr (Because of the Havengul Lich deck, but still)
>Tainted Strike
>>
I'm going to my first Friday night in months with a severely underpowered U/B deck. Wish me luck.
>>
>>53580960
Good luck anon! What kind of UB are you running?
>>
Rolled 15, 4, 9, 14, 9 = 51 (5d20)

>>
>>53581004
Cycling and counters. It's a very memey deck but I tried to add in some aggression with cartouches. Fingers crossed.
>>
>>53574561
She has W on her card to pander to Commander players who wanted a Naya commander and get them to actually buy new cards and remember that Wizards is making another Commander set.
>>
>>53581080
sounds terrible, I'd play it.
>>
File: IMG_7382.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7382.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>53581154

Commander player here.

I actually am making a Samut deck, that looks like a Voltron deck on the surface but runs 3-4 infinite combat combos instead.

If only I can find a decent alter. Image not related
>>
File: gitgud.png (145KB, 222x310px) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.png
145KB, 222x310px
>samut gets planeswalker spark because of ?

When the hell will best frog get his spark?
>>
>>53581420
how about pic related?
>>
>>53576361
I would have loved Neheb as a planeswalker

I'm hoping he still appears as a third one
>>
>>53581838
>Frog eats statue Sorin
>Gets spark
>>
>>53582174
Wait a damn minute. Is Sorin still Rock-Hard? Fuck, there goes another character I actually liked. I liked him being basically a bad guy with foresight.

Good thing I stopped reading long ago.
>>
File: INTO THE TRASH.jpg (175KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
INTO THE TRASH.jpg
175KB, 620x400px
>>53582265
I tapped out in BFZ/OGW when Chandra magically saved the day and then proceeded to melt two Eldrazi Titans. It wasn't always the greatest before, but Magic's writing has been exceptionally terrible since the NWO. I understand that the average player doesn't give a shit about the lore beyond what's printed on the cards, but you would think that they would still put some effort into it as to attract and keep the players who do care.
>>
>>53582265
Sorin's gonna be Rock-Hard for a while, but at least it's an interesting way of keeping him in stasis until they use him again.

He's gonna be PISSED.
>>
>>53582402
Or, you know, they never get him out. Next time we get to Innistrad we get a legendary artifact on mythic and we never hear of Sorin again.
>>
>>53582514
Nah, Ugin's still around so you know there's going to be an eventual "hey gatewatch, go get this guy we need him for eldrazi-ish reasons. Also go track down nahiri."

On the other hand, depending on how long Sorin's stuck in shifting rock pain hell, he might go actual crazy, and then we'd have one hell of a villain.
>>
>>53581838
>samut gets planeswalker spark because of ?
Nicol Bolas appears and goes "Your lives all belong to me"
Samut hates to him (because she's a speedster), wags her finger and goes "Hell naw"
Bolas looks at her and says she'll be the first to die
"Uh, racist and sexism much?"
Then she gets triggered so hard she sparks
>>
>>53582514
>Or, you know, they never get him out.

Why do you think they would leave Sorin alive if they didn't intend to revisit him in the next Innistrad block?
>>
>>53582642

"AY HOL UP"
>>
>>53573579

you are totally underrating the +2
>>
>>53573579

have you been following standard? people dont have empty hands, they are playing glimmer of genius and pull from tomorrow and rogue refiners etc

meanwhile nobody is playing renegade map, the +2 is great

also there are no hexproof or indestructible creatures seeing much play, sphinx of the final word i suppose, maybe the occasional hazoret or something
>>
>>53582642
Wait, she's a hedgehog?
>>
>>53572903

>spin marvel, get nicole
>nicole says to other marvel deck (because what the fuck else exists in standard right now) "gimme dat ulamog"
>you get a free ulamog and 7 mana planeswalker for 4 mana

Seems ok. Not sure about other formats, though.
>>
>>53576018
That's it
So are planes walkers just like superheroes now,
I used to know a plethora of spells, but nowadays I'm just indestructible.
>>
>>53582642
>And thus, Samut became Bolas' newest literal cocksleeve
>>
>>53583788
Good ol Nicol "Mind Control wins the Alara-Bowl" Bolas
>>
>>53582514
The Sorin rock 7
Legendary Artifact
Activated abilities of Planes walkers can not be activated.
When they're is more than one planeswalker on the battlefield, transform Sorkin Rock.
" Let me out of here you Assholes" -Sorin Markov
>>
>>53581420
That art makes me want to make a card for Farah from LoQO.
>>
File: 63541.jpg (7KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
63541.jpg
7KB, 224x224px
>>53572889
It's just... so bad.

What do the other MTG communities say? Since no one from WotC lurks here, I just want to know if everyone hates it aswell.
>>
>>53572889
Yes please, she's bad.
Cuck mods over at MTGS finally showed up to silence everyone from criticizing the social justice pandering.
>>
File: 1492569710146.jpg (44KB, 759x635px) Image search: [Google]
1492569710146.jpg
44KB, 759x635px
>>53575407
>Butcher Cleaver's Intensifiying.
>>
I think her biggest sin is being boring, not being bad.

she's inevatiably going to be the new gatewatch member and she was "more" interesting as a creature than as a walker (Narset had the same problem)

Samut has to be the most boring, cut and dry walker to ever see print, she does so little its impressive they think we ever want to cast this card anywhere but limited.

in EDH there are at least 6 better ways of getting doublestrike.
>>
>>53586085
its quite funny when you think about it, a character that WoTC should, ball intents, really want to push in playablity due to their SJW nature, but they make her unplayable in any format but limited.

Kaya had the same fucking problem, (except at least Foil Kaya is worth alot because its alternate art)

still not complaining, I got a pack with a Foil Kaya and a Leovold 6 months ago during a draft, bought that pack in a heartbeat.
>>
>>53585418

A quick look on Reddit show that they think she's shitty as a card too.
>>
>>53586085

I'd rather run two Twin Bolts in my deck.
>>
>>53572903
>that feeling you'll get when you Nicol +2 and hit your opponents Ulamog.
>>
>>53580188
>>53579852
What is this ancient machine? Is it some sort of text generator? Where can I find it?
>>
>>53587303

RoboRosewater.
>>
who wants to bet she banishes Bolas?
>>
>>53587303
the RoboRosewater twitter uses neural networks to make cards.
It's got three different versions, each have been going for different lengths of time and have better inputs, and their outputs use different arts to show which is which.
One shows a superold computer that takes up an entire wall, and the shit it comes up with tends to be utterly ridiculous (like 'Dwarf it' and 'montanspalk' or green being a keyword)
One shows a smaller but still old array of computers that tends to make rules-legible but nonsensical cards.
One shows modernish supercomputers and most the time it looks like something they might put in a set
>>
>Build a utopian plane filled with the strongest and brightest
>They all worship you like a god
>You run them through trials to ensure the cream of this crop become your personal servants
>Decide to show up and burn down your factory and betray your subjects because... why the fuck not?
>>
>>53587349
Ty anon
>>
So where the fuck are Bolas's power rangers or was this whole exercise just a pointless exercise to shoehorn a racism angle into the game because Bolas genocided trillions of kangz?
>>
>>53573659
shut the fuck up you humongous faggot
>>
>>53587403
this was not the goal, it was a factory of people, for unknown purposes.

he's come to collect whatever it is this plane has been built to make through the trials, (Lili's demon is intimitly involved) and now he doesn't need this place its a layability.
>>
>>53587480
well that's somehow even less interesting
>>
>>53587495
Welcome to magic since the block format change.
>>
>>53587495
all of Nicol bolas's plans are that, they are complex but at the end of the day all of them are "gather and consolidate power".

his biggest flaw, he has no goals, just the goal of getting power to get more power.
>>
File: 1250887559310.png (231KB, 471x354px) Image search: [Google]
1250887559310.png
231KB, 471x354px
>>53583842
>Planes walkers
>When they're is...
>Sorkin

>>53586160
>ball intents

>>53587480
>layability

Do we have a whole bunch of retards in this thread or is this all just one guy who's too lazy to spellcheck?
>>
>>53587740
It's retards. Check out the guy who posted "Ugh" in a half dozen posts.
>>
>>53572889
Consider the following:
Doubling Season
Samut
Ult Samut
Get another Samut and any other planeswalker
Let first Samut die due to sba
Ult second Samut
Get another Samut and another free planeswalker
Second Samut dies to sba
Ult third Samut
Get fourth Samut and ANOTHER planeswalker
Ult fourth Samut for 2 more planeswalkers

Doubling Season makes Samut the best superfriend
>>
>>53579852
>Conspiracy
>Choose Soldier
>Swing with Preeminent Captain
>Cheat Troble As inita into play, tapped and attacking

What happens next /tg/?
>>
>>53587902
Your opponent declares blockers against a 2/2 first strike and a 5/4. Being put into play attacking doesn't trigger "Whenever ... attacks" abilities.
>>
>>53587600
See I feel like if he ever gets more characterization they'll write him like a competent junkie that's always chasing the Ur-Dragon's tail. He distinctly remembers how powerful he used to be and longs to get back to that 'high' just so that he can feel normal again.

Obviously it'll be written poorly, but do you think the concept at least has potential?
>>
>>53587937
Fuck me you're right. Forgot. I want to make this work
>>
>>53587977
What would happen is that your opponent would lose control.
>>
>>53587885
>Doubling Season
>Samut
>combo that eats eight more card slots
or
>Doubling Season
>One of many other planeswalkers
>win on the spot
>>
>>53587885
Couldn't you do something similiar with Jace AoT, except he's a much better card in a vacuum?
>>
>>53588004
Tbh you can use Doubling Season + Samut as a Tooth and Nail and win with Xenagod + Atarka
>>
>>53583686
WotC really reeeeeeally wants some of that Marvel money.
>>
>>53587963
I can't take him seriously he's had some outright embarassing losses over the years and isn't even the strongest Walker back in the day (Jeska completely outclassed him before Sac'ing herself)

I mean he was right there, and before the Final Blow was struck.. he just fucking died, didn't throw that Samurai into the future where his evil is LAW or anything, shoulda went with option A.

plus that could have given us Cyber-punk Kamigawa with an out-of-time Tetsuo just trying to get back, back to the past.
>>
File: 1494295252939.png (159KB, 324x268px) Image search: [Google]
1494295252939.png
159KB, 324x268px
>>53588054
oh yea I"m sure that deck is consistent, the deck that'll have a ton of high cost cards in it, yep smooth move in modern, absolutely tier 1.
>>
>>53588167
Never said it was good, just that there is a combo that doesn't require 8+ cards
>>
>>53588333
You could already doubling season + jace architect of thought and cast Emrakul + whatever the biggest thing your opponent has
>>
>>53587480
It sounded to me like amonkhet is a planeswalker farm, you put the entire population through intense challenges and rough situations to spark their spark, while they are completely devoted to Nicol Bolas
>>
>>53588145

Jeska....actually didn't ever fight him, and consinstently lost to all other walkers.

Bolas beat to a pulp both teferi (and outclassed him on time magic) and Leshrac after empowering.

If you want a comparison, bolas had a yawgmoth-lite effect on a plane. He cracked reality by existing
>>
>>53576620
And then you kill him near the end to finally put some free suffering to the "nothing bad will ever happen to us anymore" league.
>>
>>53577337
This, he was still kinda loveable when i quit reading that crap. Sadly, since he's a white ma-
since he's probably the blandest of them all looking-wise (Jace doesn't count), he'll probably be the one to die if one have to go.
>>
>>53589427
My LGS can't even fire standard tournaments because it's so fucking bad
>>
>>53582265
He opposed a woman in neo-MTG, what did you expect?

>>53582402
Yeah, so if he ever manages to get out, he'll just be a one-dimensional villain because MUH VENGEANCE.

>>53581838
>monstrous frog jump randomly between planes, eating everything he comes accross
Sounds like a solid plan.
>>
>>53583788
>Nicol Bolas proceeds to die of aids in the next ten years
>gatewatch cheers in the distance
>>
>>53580065

Nothing says fair and balanced like a turn two Emrakul.
>>
>>53589917
Nothing says "new" like not recognizing Channel.
>>
>>53576877
The weatherlight crew got just as much hate as the jacestice league back in the day. No one liked Magic becoming a scripted storyline. The sandbox setting of Ice Age and Mirage are what made the game famous.
>>
>>53589427
we had to have store staff fill in to even have a pre release for amonkhet.
just think of all the cool and unique decks you can make with SOI and EMN alone, then think of all the energy colors you can make with KAL and AER because that's all there fucking is.

Amonkhet just feels like a support set too.
>>
>>53590347
meant game day not pre release, it's 5am whoops.
>>
>>53574177
>Koth is bad

Now that I think of it, we always did have a ton of black walkers.
>>
>>53590389
Yeah, just at the time they weren't making a big deal about it so well-adjusted people didn't really think anything of it.
>>
>>53590089
Then why do I see so many people here thinking gerrard and his dumbass crew were so special and great compared to the gatewatch?
>>
>>53590431
Partly due to nostalgia glasses, partly due to people who may have originally disliked the Weatherlight saga now think that it was still way better than the current storyline, and partly due to people who didn't play during that time only getting to know the best parts of that story and comparing it to all of the current story.
>>
>>53590692
I would also attribute it to that, a fair number of people didn't notice, or didn't care, about the stories involved that now do.
>>
>>53572918
C O O L D O W N
O
O
L
D
O
W
N
>>
>>53582265
I dropped it when the power of friendship killed Ulamog and Kozilek.
>>
>>53590926
I don't think you actually read it if you think that's how Ulamog and Kozilek were killed.
>>
>>53572918
This feels more red than black to me. Throwing everything into the moment regardless of the consequences or what comes after seems way more red than black.
>>
>>53590926
The way they were killed wasn't bad itself but really, only Ulamog should have died. To kill two of them the first time they encounter them, how stupid.
>>
>>53590871
Hardly, you don't have to tap out to use it.
>>
>>53575934

what's up with that weird focus blur, why can't magic artists be good anymore
>>
File: 14.png (340KB, 804x453px) Image search: [Google]
14.png
340KB, 804x453px
>>53592324
Why should they try harder if everyone is fine with it? It's not like they'd get paid more because of it. And everyone's already sucking Briclot's dick anyway, so he's pretty safe even if he shit two or three really awful ones.

That's the kind of shit we're in now.
>>
>>53592324
Because
>she's a speedster
>>
>>53592308
You can't really do anything else afterwards though.

Say you wipe the board and then play a creature. If your opponent then kills it on his own turn and plays their own creature you have essentially time walked yourself.

Say you play it and hold up to mana to counterspell whatever they play on their turn. Now you get to counter their first spell, but again you have essentially time walked yourself.
>>
File: 1441133890138.gif (2MB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
1441133890138.gif
2MB, 300x264px
>>53572889
Also, why is she still on the plane? Most planeswalker stories about awakening have them being really confused about ending on another plane and they suually take some time before managing to come back.

Is this because she's a speedster?
>>
>>53594681
The Creative team is hopelessly inconsistent about every aspect of their own lore and retcon whatever detail they happen to forget.
>>
File: 1487095535578.jpg (299KB, 889x420px) Image search: [Google]
1487095535578.jpg
299KB, 889x420px
>another human planeswalker
>from amonkhet alone we could have had a minotaur, an aven, a naga, a jackal, or a wurm
>>
File: Galvanic Blast.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Galvanic Blast.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>53580931
>somehow fail to mention the strongest common in SoM
>>
File: 1476593143819.png (586KB, 637x510px) Image search: [Google]
1476593143819.png
586KB, 637x510px
>>53597280
>better shock
>there was a time when we could have outright better than previously existing cards at the same rarity.
>>
>>53597175
>a naga
instead a nigga
>>
File: 1492838419453.jpg (101KB, 640x558px) Image search: [Google]
1492838419453.jpg
101KB, 640x558px
I honestly think the worst thing about Sammy is the fact that she's literally pointless, from both a lore and a card stand point. She's literally Domri 2: MUH DIVERSITY edition

Even though he couldn't have been a creature, her goals and alliances and shit AND her abilities could just be tacked onto him. Her card reads like it could be "Domri, the Title". It's not even that she's black or boring, it's WHY THE FUCK DOES WIZARDS KEEP PRINTING NEW R/G WALKERS HOLY FUCKING SHIT THERE'S 5 OF THEM NOW. I'M FUCKEN MAD.
>>
>>53591910
that's a proclivity red and black share, the motives are just a little different

"greatness at any cost"
>>
>>53597175
cat monkey planeswalker
>>
>>53597988
We'll, we're 2 for 3 on that with Samut.
>>
File: 1393711130086.jpg (5KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
1393711130086.jpg
5KB, 246x205px
>>53597175
>minotaur planeswalker
I hate WotC so much now
>>
File: 1492744195152.jpg (20KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1492744195152.jpg
20KB, 223x310px
wow, why is this card banned??
>>
File: 1463768192298.png (480KB, 680x371px) Image search: [Google]
1463768192298.png
480KB, 680x371px
>>53598025
>they kill off Neheb
>>
>>53597988
>>53598016
Kek
>>53597175
This so much, but jewswater always reply saying it's because players need to feel represented or something among those line.

Fuck Samut, only existing because americans keep killing each other.
>>
>>53597969
Shit even Domri saw play once R/G devotion started taking off, Samut won't even see fringe play.
>>
>>53598189
Not to mention he got a reprint in one of the more recent masters sets.
>>
>>53598205
Yeah, but it's not like people were happy about that.
>>
>>53598264
$30 drafts, nigga. What's there to be happy about?
>>
>>53572918
i've been thinking about this card for like a whole day and i can't convince myself it's good

like it's a 6 mana wrath unless you do some weird build-around but then you made a build-around deck for a 3 mana wrath that you can't cast turn 3?

Maybe there's a bunch of cool stuff I don't see in eternal formats but I just can't see this as a good card.
>>
>>53598380
>aggro dumps hand
>destroy it all
>they are out of gas and lose
Only problem is aggro doesn't really exist in this format.
>>
>>53598424
Yeah but do they run out of gas on turn 3?
>>
>>53598831
You can use it on 4 too. Exercise judgement!
>>
>>53597175
Can't fucking wait till they fill up the quotas and get some more god damn fantasy race characters in their game full of fantasy races.
>>
>>53599010
Unless they can be sure their audience can identify with a race they won't make a planeswalker for it, which means no interesting planeswalkers ever.
>>
File: 2_kjwciwjcijcw_Thumb.jpg (97KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
2_kjwciwjcijcw_Thumb.jpg
97KB, 768x432px
>>53575739
>what is..
>mizzix
>zada
>vial smasher

wizards been lurking on shortstack threads
>>
>>53599159
>niggers play magic
>someone whos not asian or white plays magic
>women play magic
>>
>>53599159
I can assure you women make up less than 10% of the player base, blacks 5-10% depending on your location, and black women don't play magic at all.
Surprisingly there's two trans people that play at my LGS. One is MtF and the other is FtM. MtF is, sadly, horrifying, like a fat hairy guy decided to go drag one day. The FtM just looks like a lanky nerd with a bit of chin scruff and mysterious A cups.
>>
>>53598040
>Neheb doesn't get a spark because muh black mana is evil
>same for Hapatra
>Temmet is probably a mummy by Hour of Devestation if he even shows up at all
They picked the worst of them to be the planeswalker, I would have been fine if she was white/red but green makes zero sense.
>>
>>53574119
No it doesn't you fucking mong "Asexual Reproduction" is not "reproduction done by an asexual" it is "reproduction without sex (or more specifically without the transfer of reproductive cells between two or more organisms to produce a gamete)". People like you, who don't even understand basic shit like prefixes but try to talk like you're an authority are worse than people who are just plain ignorant.
>>
>>53601198
I'm pretty sure WotC's plan is to use diversity to attract these demographics, not pandering to an already-existing audience.
>>
>>53587885
>A planeswalker needing Doubling Season to be good
That's like saying a creature needs Skullclamp to be good.
>>
>>53602122

Maybe they should make their "diverse" cards good so it at the least doesn't alienate the player base completely.
>>
>>53600535
Good ol Wizards, hiding in them fetishes.
>>
File: d2Q0E.jpg (15KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
d2Q0E.jpg
15KB, 447x444px
You know what, at least we can make fun of Samut or shitty design cards because their arespeedsters.

Fuck you, Maro.
>>
>>53587902
we lose control
>>
>>53579951
3 mana and a land to prevent a creature from normally untapping
awesome card, call up maro
>>
>>53573652
I know I'm really late but that isn't how Jeopardy works have a nice day
>>
>>53587937
I'm unironically waiting for the day when wizards prints an enchantment which literally just says:

"Enchanted Creature CAN attack!"
>>
>>53597175
I hate this because it's been true for planeswalkers and commanders as of recent. Just a shitload of humans and some occasional weird thing after SoI.
>>
File: rolling-stones.jpg (60KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
rolling-stones.jpg
60KB, 480x680px
>>53607343
>>
>>53573579
>+2 cast a bad card from your opponents deck
>bad card in your opponents deck
>bad card in deck
>in constructed

that's not how that works
maybe in draft his +2 isn't that awesome because, yeah, you could get a shit card
in constructed you are guaranteed to get a good card or at least a playable card. Either that or you are already going to win the game because the person is playing shit cards
>>
>>53607888
Yeah, I immediately thought of that when I saw Troble As inita.
>>
>>53607935

>that's not how that works

Except it is.

Every card in a constructed deck will be good in the specific deck they're played in, but very often they'll be included for a specific synergy and without being able to exploit that synergy they will be very, very bad.

Attune with Aether is a good card in the specific decks that use it and a fucking awful card in the decks that don't.

Not even to mention the possibility of hitting cards that are functionally useless outside of specific situations regardless of synergy, like counterspells.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (30KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
30KB, 226x311px
>>53607888
>>53607944
That's like saying
>Yea, I immediately thought of Rootwater Hunter when i saw that prodigal sorcerer clone
>>
>>53607985
It'll have some matchups where the +2 is more relevant, but typically its not worth doing. Although it would be damned hilarious if run alongside Lantern of Insight It has a 0% chance of happening, but it would be fun,
>>
>>53607935
Imagine hitting Marvel with no energy to use it with. Or Harnessed Lightning with no targets on the board. Etc, etc.
>>
>>53608433
>marvel with no energy to use it
Marvel fuels itself, and since you didn't -4 the game will likely last long enough for you to get a spin.
>HL with no targets
If your opponent has no board presence while you're ticking up a planeswalker you're winning.
And of course you conveniently neglected the "hit Ulamog" case.
>>
>>53609892
>Marvel fuels itself
Super slowly. If your deck isn't built for Marvel it's practically a dead card.

>If your opponent has no board presence
He can still have a board presence while having no good targets for the removal spell you peeled from his library. For example if he has only thopter tokens in play.

>And of course you conveniently neglected the "hit Ulamog" case.
I didn't neglect it. Bringing up the Magical Christmas Land scenario when explaining why the ability is able to whiff way more often than you think simply isn't relevant.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.