[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is how I NE.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Nelo_Angelo_Infobox.png (4MB, 2000x3390px) Image search: [Google]
Nelo_Angelo_Infobox.png
4MB, 2000x3390px
This is how I NE.
>>
>>53571676
Honestly, Nero Angelo and Virgil both were more like LE; look at how they go out of their WAY to make the fight a fair one between them and Dante. Virgil acted a lot more blatantly evil, but he was still interested in beating his brother fair and square.
>>
>>53571695

I disagree. They seem LE with their honor, but both would lean a little too far away from LE when the situation demands it. Hence why I feel NE fits them. They're definitely not CE, but LE seems to ignore the fact that Vergil raised a tower of demons in a city and a shit load of people died.
>>
>>53571695
I'd say Vergil was more chaotic, since he was interested more in personal power above all else, and did not care much for power structures. Probably still neutral because he did still stick to a code (most of the time).

NA is more Lawful because acts as part of a hierarchy (unwilling as he is).
>>
>>53571723
>tower of demons in a city and a shit load of people died.
LE doesn't mean "Good" or "avoids needless casualties". LE means "Evil, but follows a self-imposed set of rules". Just because /tg/ memes otherwise doesn't mean it's true, especially given that every D&D setting ever flat-out demonstrates otherwise.
Example; the Nazi Party and other similarly ridiculous overblown regimes are all Lawful Evil despite racking up huge body counts because they had rules they followed. Hell, the Nazis were famous sticklers for that shit and HATED anyone who wasn't following their newly-imposed state service order.
>>53571753
Vergil in DMC3 is hard to place, but yeah I admit he looks more NE sometimes.
The issue being that determining a person's alignment is all about their interactions with people, and DMC's interactions are generally limited to one-liners and bizarre dialogue that probably sounded better in it's original language followed by a lot of killing shit.

I'd still put Virgil in the LE territory as per his behaviors; he was interested in fighting Dante fairly, and he's quite clearly far more controlled then his ridiculous flippant and "I do whatever the fuck I want" twin brother.
>>
>>53571927
Another thing that puts Virgil in LE; when asked why Virgil never uses guns, the creator of the franchise said it's because he doesn't see them as "honorable" weapons worthy of a warrior, which is a self-imposed limitation.

Virgil clearly had no morals or scruples, but he had discipline and principles, even if those principles were "beat everyone in a fair fight because that's how you stay alive" and "fully commit yourself to gaining power".
>>
File: GSSaturos.jpg (42KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
GSSaturos.jpg
42KB, 400x600px
>>53571676
This is how I Neutral Evil.
>>
>>53571997
Such a fun game.
>>
>>53571997
Some people would argue he isn't Evil at all because of his objectives, but seeing as he and Minardi were brutes where was basically willing to end or ruin the lives of any number of people just to save their village and didn't even bother LOOKING for another way to do it (which notably the protagonists accomplished without too much effort) I'd still say they were NE, albeit with good intentions.
>>
>>53572101
"The end justify the means" is usually a pretty Neutral Evil motto, really.

And there is a reason that Sloth (aka, Lazyness, what Saturos and Menardi were definitely afflicted by) is one of the 7 deadly sins.
>>
>>53571975
The biggest argument towards NE is his exceeding willingness to turn on anyone and everyone in pursuit of his goals.
Fighting Dante 1v1 could easily be simple acceptance that only he could actually hold his own in a fight against him, and learning to counter firearms is sheer pragmatism; neither of the brothers NEEDED to use firearms, Dante simply chose to likely following Sparda's example.
>>
File: IMG_6161.jpg (214KB, 942x1100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6161.jpg
214KB, 942x1100px
>>53572156
LE doesn't necessarily mean "loyal" either. A villain who plays the system from the inside but betrays his compatriot is LE, even though he's shoring zero loyalty.
Lawful is more about willingly self-imposed, non-moral scruples; it's about what you won't do, either because you think it's the right thing to do (Good), because it seems like a good idea to follow them (Neutral), or because you think following them gets you something (Evil).
It's not the 1v1 thing (because clearly he doesn't care if horses of demons attack Dante), but how instead of going for ambushes and attacks he ALWAYS sets up an even playing field for their fight and never calls upon his seemingly unlimited reinforcements.

But I'll agree he's a strong NE case, since DMC's storytelling is no simplistic that largely what we can determine of his personality is only in what ways he contrasts with Dante.
>>53572150
Alex is an evil stronger example of Neutral Evil, since he basically was a manipulative selfish bastard who spends all of his time playing absolutely everyone.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.