[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Savage worlds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 20170527_154740.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170527_154740.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Trying to come up with some ideas for a campaign. A pulp supers campiagn mixes with ETU. Maybe like Buffy the vamp slayer. Or the defender Netflix show. Thoughts?
>>
Gonna need more details than that if you're gonna get fa/tg/uys to analyze.
>>
>>53567003
You should play a better system
>boom snarky comment
>>
Whats a better super system. Hero system m&m etc.? Trying for a low powered campaign.
>>
>>53567003
Buffy is very fitting with Monster Hearts.

There's also Masks and Worlds in Periol on the PbtA front.

But SW honestly isn't bad, so go with what you know.
>>
>>53570003
GURPS is best for low-powered supers. It does real people very well. Just add on a superpower and you're good to go.
>>
File: SPC_Cover_Web.jpg (46KB, 288x432px) Image search: [Google]
SPC_Cover_Web.jpg
46KB, 288x432px
>>53567003

Could someone please upload the PDF of the super hero companion (second edition) for savage worlds ?
>>
>>53571242
>GURPS
>ever
get out
Savage Worlds is interesting for supers. I played in a Necessary Evil campaign and it worked very, very well. Honestly a low-level supers game can be done with just the core rules, the Supers companion is for when you want to shift into X-Men territory (although it can be scaled, for a low-level game you'd give players 15-30 points to spend on powers from the Companion book).
>>
>>53572125
>t. never played gurps

GURPS is superb for all things gritty, low-powered, tactical and realistic.

Play faggot anime systems if you want faggot anime games.
>>
>>53572125
Interesting, but is it what he wants? When I hear "low-power," I generally associate that with realistic. GURPS certainly wins out on that front, and for modern games it's bar none the best option. If he wants cinematic, pulpy low-power supers, then Savage Worlds works for that out of the box, and taking the path of least resistance is understandable.

>>53572147
Don't be a cunt, please. I actually like GURPS and would rather your vitriol not associated with the game.
>>
>>53572147
>Savage Worlds is a faggot anime system
>where a single bullet to the brain can kill you
As someone whose character nearly died in an Elder Scrolls-based campaign I know you're talking total shit.
I tried to get into GURPS, but it was too autistic for me. Substitute "autistic" for "crunchy" depending on your tastes.

>>53572188
There's a difference between something that feels realistic and something that's a painstaking attempt to model reality. Out of the box Savage Worlds is relatively realistic (for a given value of realism, seriously some abstraction is necessary unless you're going full Phoenix Command), with a few tweaks in the corebook itself for making things more or less gritty as needed. I used the system for a cyberpunk game, it worked very well.
>>
Also:
>realism
>supers game
Why the fuck would this even be a thing? Supers are by their very nature unrealistic.
>>
>Thread about System
>Better go shit it up with Gurps!
What compels gurpsfags to do this?
>>
>>53572270
>There's a difference between something that feels realistic and something that's a painstaking attempt to model reality.
I agree. I don't think either of us want to play Phoenix Command.

The difference between Savage Worlds and GURPS is mostly one of genre. Savage Worlds, by default, is pulp. You can adjust the pulp up or down by way of rules options, such as gritty damage, but at the end of the day it's still pulp. If you don't want to run pulp, though, you would use a different system better suited for whatever else it is that you wanted to run.

Savage Worlds has mechanics that support the pulp genre (explosive dice and bennies being the core here) that support action-adventure Indiana Jones-esque games with dramatic feats and plot insurance for the heroes. You could remove those mechanics, but now you're looking at a much different feeling and, I'd argue, different system. You can go further and remove mook rules, which really cuts down on the cinematic feeling of the system, and remove the Jokers from the deck, and you're definitely playing a different game from normal Savage Worlds.

It's also a matter of taste. You can just prefer the mechanics of one system over another. That's great, use what works for you. If you want to change Savage Worlds to suit your tastes, even if it was in a radical manner (outside of the rules) as I posited above, I'd start to question if Savage Worlds is what you want to use. If you want a non-pulp game, there are greener pastures to choose from.

All of that's spit in the wind when we don't know what the original poster wants beyond "low-power supers," which you can't really recommend a system from. But immediately responding to a system suggestion with "get out" is usually short-sighted.

>I used the system for a cyberpunk game, it worked very well.
That's great to hear! I'd love to play a game of Interface Zero someday, but the only Savage Worlds GM I know of is too busy to start another game.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.