[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fa/tg/uys, not sure if this belongs on /tg/ or /g/, so giving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: site-logo-redesignd.png (116KB, 650x138px) Image search: [Google]
site-logo-redesignd.png
116KB, 650x138px
Hey fa/tg/uys, not sure if this belongs on /tg/ or /g/, so giving you a try.

I bought the Westward pdf off of DriveThruRPG a while back, just downloaded it to run a group through, but it turns out that while I paid for it, I didn't pay enough to be able to print some pages off like I want to. Upon closer inspection, it turns out this version disables printing, copying, and pasting (though the last two seem to only be in the reader, since I can still make copies to my desktop).

I bought the damn thing, and I certainly have a right to print some pages from it. Do you know of any way to bypass whatever restrictions DriveThru put on this thing? It's a few pages I need to print out, so I'd rather avoid having to argue with the snipping tool.

I've already tried pdfunlock- it came back that the pdf didn't appear locked, and didn't have any restrictions they could remove.
>>
try converting it to pdf (yes I know it's a pdf). You'd be looking at a non OEM version (without the locked features).
>>
>>53562921
>Buy the Premium Edition to remove the watermark, enable copy and paste, and printing!
It's 10 bucks dude.
>>
>>53563122
Yeah, 10 bucks on top of what I already paid, for the privilege of printing a few fucking pages. Fuck that.

>>53563077
Did something similar to what this anon suggested- uploaded to Google Docs and downloaded again. Removed the restrictions and I can print again. Thank (You) for the advice!
>>
>>53562921
wut? I've never had that happen with any of the stuff I got from them. They are PDF files that you are opening in Adobe right? They aren't opening in your browser or some other program?
>>
>>53563180
How much did you pay for the basic edition? Because it says right there on the webpage that you won't be able to copy+paste or print off it.
>>
>>53563180
no problem, simple fix for a bullshit reason
>>
>>53563240
I bought it back in 2013, and iirc, I bought it for $6. I don't remember seeing anything more than removing the watermark for the premium version then, but I can't guarantee that it wasn't just me not paying much attention. It pisses me off all the same. Frankly, I would have paid $10 at the time had I been aware that I wouldn't be able to print a fucking page, but as we stand I'm just annoyed that "denying basic functionalities" is an option they use.
>>
>>53563180
Came in here to tell you to do this, so glad you got it figured out OP!
>>
>>53563351
Eh. Usually I don't support any kind of DRM or gimping of finished products but I make exceptions for people who don't read before they buy.
>>
>>53563421
Fair enough, I don't blame ya.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.