[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 420
Thread images: 65

File: Elf.png (2MB, 1018x1416px) Image search: [Google]
Elf.png
2MB, 1018x1416px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/:
>>53552912
>>
What class would you give Captain Jack Sparrow?
>>
>>53560632
>No op question

Step up your game
>>
>>53560662
Wizard
>>
>>53560101
Hmm... interesting idea... maybe each feat only gives you two tails, and thusly, if you want to get all the magics of a nine-tailed kitsune, you got to be willing to burn four feats on just pimping out your butt?

It's a bit of a feat tax, but it's purely optional, and certainly less so than the original "you need 8 feats to get full power" PF version...

Any suggestions on what spells I could associate with each feat?
>>
>>53560662
barbarian
>>
File: 5378649-aela+the+huntress.jpg (63KB, 736x878px) Image search: [Google]
5378649-aela+the+huntress.jpg
63KB, 736x878px
can someone post a link to a black&white version of the player's handbook. Preferably with bookmarks but not necessary.
>>
>>53560662
Swashbuckler
>>
>>53560662
Drunken Master
>>
>>53560749
Not this same guy but I also can't find a PDF of the DMG anywhere. I found the PHB easily, and some weird flash-based webpage for the DMG, but the download button on the page is broken
>>
>>53560655

Thanks for the help, I understand your concerns. I think I'll take an approach that just makes conversion factors really easy to keep in my head. It's still close enough to something more standardized, and makes it easy to fluctuate if I ever want to throw some curveballs, like sleazy scalpers.

>1 day of normal travel = 1 hour by train
>10 gp fare per hour of train travel
>>
>>53560780
dmg is in the trove, and it's definitely working. unless you're looking for b&w that is.
>>
>>53560749
The trove has a transcript if you are looking for a smaller file size
>>
Hey guys, we're running a one shot today as level 12s and I've decided to go with a half elf paladin. What are some fun builds to try?
>>
>>53560836
I saw that, but I specifically want a B&W version of the PHB.
>>
>>53560864
paladin with polearm mastery and a halbard can smite 3 times a turn once he has two attacks, I think. That's sounding pretty damned cool.
>>
>>53560662
Rogue (Swashbuckler)

How is this even a question
>>
File: excellent quality bait.png (171KB, 680x681px) Image search: [Google]
excellent quality bait.png
171KB, 680x681px
>>53560953
it's called bait, maybe you've heard of it.

this was good bait though, excellently disguised as a genuine question.
>>
>>53560953
Because it keeps getting asked.
>>
>>53560655
As a general thing I don't think it's too good to encourage players to haggle on everything. Though I guess if it's only in 'cutscenes' rather than 'assumed shopping' like when someone wants to buy something from the PHB they can do it out of character.
I probably find the best time for haggling is when haggling for monsters - players know that monsters might not play fair, and haggling has consequences - they might anger the monster.
>>
File: sch.jpg (142KB, 407x340px) Image search: [Google]
sch.jpg
142KB, 407x340px
I want to add something akin to the Deck of Many Things to my campaign, but not as overtly aggressive with the outcomes.

I was prob gonna use a physical deck of playing cards with one of each, as I don't own a Tarot deck. or maybe ill buy a tarot deck

Are there premades out there you guys have used? Or do you have any suggestions? effects that make a mark but not a stupid impact like "lmao 6 levels"
>>
>>53560933
That does sound pretty full interesting, do you have any recommendations for magic items? He's giving us 2 uncommon and either 2 rares or one very rare
>>
>>53561201
Just do DoMT, but remove/alter the really really hardcore ones like donjon or the 3 wishes one.

Worked fine in my campaign. They've actually gone after the DoMT yet again, attempting to find it and use it one last time to become more powerful.

The Cleric had pulled a Vizier, and just now used it to try and find the deck again so I let him do it. It's on another continent in a green dragon's horde
>>
What's the best single monster to drop on a 12th level party in the Underdark?
>>
>Dark Evilguy has join your party
>It's clearly a 14 year old
>>
>>53561390
demilich
>>
>>53561390
Demigorgon
>>
>>53561201
First, focus on why it exists in the first place.
The easiest excuse is 'It's the artefact of a trickster god'.
Second, ensure it isn't so stupidly bullshit that it can end all of creation.
Third, make sure the options are still fun. Even if it has a negative effect, it should be a 'fun' negative effect, somehow.

I can't really post any .pdfs or links or whatever but there are certainly modifications out there and you should probably follow the above even with the premades.
>>
>>53561201
I made a game where the players collected a tarot deck of major arcana, and each creature in the party could hold a particular card at a time, which granted them light boons related to the theme of the card. The Tower essentially functioned as either a 1/day wand of lightning bolt or a once-per-day free inspiration.

Use your mind-head.
>>
>>53561390
Maybe a Death Tyrant in its lair?
Purple Worm?
>>
>>53561407
>Dark Evilguy has begun the final confrontation with your party
>when all hope looks lost, the paladin pulls out his trump card
>he calls Dark Evilguy's mother
>Dark Evilguy is vanquished forever (or at least until he isn't grounded anymore for being rude online)
>>
>>53561390
Beholder
>>
>>53561247
Here's the full description on it. Paladin of whatever race, Half-elf is fine, but alternate human is optimal. Choose whatever skills you want. Any paladin sub-class is fine, but Vengeance paladin is optimal for that OP vow of enmity. I prefer oath of ancients paladin though since they make for good tanks and the auras entice your team to stay near you so you can work the sentinel feat to it's best advantage.

you're level 12, so you get 3 ability score improvements or feats. take polearm mastery for 3 total attacks and the opportunity attack reaction (all of which you can divine smite on), and sentinel for getting off more reaction attacks (of which you may smite with).

You can pull of some stupid powerful strikes with this.

as for magic items, I wouldn't know, but anything that helps improve damage or reach would be great. Or items that give you more effective spell slots.
>>
Any people playing their characters according to the 5e guides or don't bother?
>>
>>53561201
Rename it into deck of fate and switch the bad into infusion of power. The fool just lower all difficulty by one and easy thing auto succeed.
>>
>>53561636
What do you mean "according to the guide"?
>>
>>53561636
I might glimpse over a guide to see what people think is worth multiclassing or if there are any useful spells I'm overlooking, but I'm not going to follow one and take every amazing option
>>
>>53561636
What guide? The game is simplistic enough that "optimization" is taking a melee feat on a melee character, or a ranged feat on a ranged character.
>>
File: 5e_book_pdfs.png (7KB, 229x178px) Image search: [Google]
5e_book_pdfs.png
7KB, 229x178px
>>53560749
I have it but I'm not going to post it. Stop pirating books, fucking buy them on Amazon, if you don't have sixty bucks to spend on the three cores then you don't deserve to exist. People like you are the reason RPGs are getting shittier, they can't make any money so all the good developers get fucked and as a result the market goes to Kickstarter faggots who rip you off for a shitty game like End of the World: Zombie Apocalypse. Just buy the game. You are putting FLGSs out of business all over the country with your rampant twattery. But I guess since you are a NEET you probably don't go to these stores anyway, you probably hate FLGS like most of /tg/ who thinks they are being edgy and cool by hating on one of your greatest allies, while using strawmans / making up pure bullshit about the one nearest you because "wah wah 5 cents above MSRP" and throwing out the same old arguments about brick and mortar being on the way out, yet ignoring the fact that by pirating you are hurting WotC directly and will probably end up with them not making new content for the game anymore (not that the greedy fucks are making any new 5e content anyway but that's a separate matter). I've gotten six of the 5e Megas taken down so far and I plan to continue to do so, they are literally breaking the law and that is indefensible. Stop. If you want to play the game, you get to pay the price. Or just keep reading PDFs on your stupid-ass tablet. I can't wait for there to be a special squad to hunt down and kill people who pirate. I would vote for that govt. institution in a second. You and everyone in your game group would be thrown in the motherfucking gulag and left to eat rats and eventually each other. Have fun crawling in a real dungeon, you worthless greedy penny-pincher jew fucks.
>>
Hello gents.

So Im trying to stat out pic related. (Star Toffee) but with a different name, of course. Our DM is allowing sny fun or crazy ideas but we can only referance the PHB, DM guide, and Volos.

In thinking Dragonborn fighter. Noble background. Maybe barb?

Any help would be appreciated greatly.
>>
>>53561655
>>53561678
People have already written several 5e guides and posted them on Zenith, Enworld, GitP.

>>53561669
So the system just works well as is? Huh.
>>
>>53561636
starting a new game with 10 players. I doubt I'll be looking at the guide that much, if not solely to keep the game moving. I don't really care what a player does as long as the action does break immersion or is overtly rule-breaking.
>>
>>53560836
Call me retarded, but where in the trove?
>>
So, today's Unearthed Arcana is an update and discussion...that they've moved Artificer and Mystic to the DMs guild and when they have a bit more data they'll make them officially playtested material for the Adventurers League.

I haven't had time to review their moved documents...are they updated at all from the initial UA postings?

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/unearthed-arcana-update
>>
>>53560737
Okay, this is my first draft for the Kitsune Tail Feats; rip me up for how immeasurably overpowered these are.

Feat: Magical Tails
Prerequisite: Race - Kitsune, Minimum Level - 5
Effect: Choose one of the Tails listed below. At 5th level, you gain the ability to cast a single spell determined by that tail. At 9th level, you gain a second spell also determined by that tail. Spells cast through this feat are cast at their minimum caster level and use Charisma as their spellcasting ability score. Spells cast through this feat can be used once, and then you must complete a long rest before you can cast them again.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Each time you select it, you must select a new Tail to gain.
Special: Each time you gain a spell-like ability because of this feat, you gain an additional tail.

Tail of Charm: Suggestion at 5th level, Hypnotic Pattern at 9th level.

Tail of Wrath: Blindness/Deafness at 5th level, Bestow Curse at 9th level.

Tail of Fire: Aganazzar's Scorcher at 5th level, Fireball at 9th level.

Tail of Malice: Crown of Madness at 5th level, Fear at 9th level.
>>
>>53561758
I think that this is actually an announcement and the real article is due on the 5th? I'm not sure, I really haven't made heads or tails of it since they went back to monthly schedule.

This better not be the only UA we're getting for the month, though...
>>
File: 1491511374865.jpg (51KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
1491511374865.jpg
51KB, 600x604px
@53561724
>Calls others Jews
>As he Jews as hard as possible and wanks about being a cunt
>>
>>53561758
Same, Artificer is anyway.
>>
>>53561750
In the OP post
>>
>>53561851
What I don't understand is why you can't get a PDF download by proving you bought a book. Personally I like having both and use one or the other depending on the situation.
>>
File: autism.png (941KB, 635x986px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
941KB, 635x986px
>>53561724

I fell for the bait.

spare me. I have another PHB i'm loaning to a friend and have purchased 3 starter sets, and 2 DM screens, as well as all the spell cards, twice.
>>
File: file.png (443KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
443KB, 720x576px
The players are going to be running into their penultimate big bad, a Dragonborn warlord, sister of the big bad.

They are a party of 5 level 4's atm. What stat block would make her menacing and a challenge but not soul crushingly unfun?

slightly beefed gladiator? gladiator with some guard minions?
>>
File: IMG_0004.jpg (66KB, 492x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0004.jpg
66KB, 492x675px
>>53561724
get fucked, kiddo
>>
>>53561899

I'm curious, why do you need a black and white pdf of the DMG specifically? Is it about file size?
>>
File: 1 (YOU).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1 (YOU).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>53561724
If this is bait, pic related.

If you're serious, legal issues aside, you need serious mental help pal.
>>
>>53561908
Simple answer is a dragonborn battlemaster or gladiator works. But you're going to have to give us more information.
>>
>>53561758
Can someone double check if they changed anything yet? I don't want to make an account for that.
>>
>>53561724
>>53561899

Forgot to mention I'm the shmuck you're replying to, and the one requesting the B&W pdf.

Not only do I collect D&D paraphernalia and probably have spent more money on this game then you and half the people on /tg/ combined, but I compile various PDFs of TSR and WotC books solely for the purpose of making all of it readily accessible to people once the game inevitably dies. I'm asking for a B&W pdf because I can't be arsed to tear apart one of my $35 books to make a scan of it, and because I know one is out there.

Theres D&D books that literally don't exist on the internet, and I intend to make them all free for anyone, because that keeps the game alive longer.
>>
>>53561962
Party is 5 level 4s.
>Sun Soul Monk
>1 Rogue/2 Warlock (cant remember his pact, great old one?)
>Divination Wizard
>Storm Herald Barbarian (tavern brawler, is using improv. weapons and grappling a bunch)
>Moon Drood

The penultimate baddie is a Dragonborn warlord. She commands the armies of an empire of "liberated dragonborn" whose purpose are to serve and conquer for the ones who freed them, which this is one of them. She is super honor bound and if she thought the fight seemed fair, would take the party on alone and tell her soldiers to stay back and watch.

Gladiator block seems about right?
>>
>>53561767
Minimum level 5 is horrendous since that's code for minimum level 6/8 if you're a fighter or not. Remember that most games crash and burn before then.
>>
>>53561801
In the article, they mention we will see more revised subclasses in the June article, so it seems this is just a minor road map.
>>
>>53561947
I prefer to have a copy of everything compiled in B&W file size, but I also want an original scan to have the book itself preserved as well, rather than a transcript of it. I'd ask for copies of all printing iterations of the PHB, but that would probably be much, and I just want to provide a copy to my group before we game, since not all of them can get to their books throughout the day and smaller size PDF files corrupt less easily.
>>
>>53561988
Nope. All the same.

Good that people are leaving public reviews about the issues with it though. People can scream the Mystic isn't OP all day long, it's very, very good though and very versatile. In the way it can literally be doing most people's jobs at the same quality as them all at the same time.

Artificer is mechanically sound but just fucking boring.
>>
>>53562031
Well, what'd be better? Minimum of 3rd level and let them have 3 spells per feat select, ala the 5e approach to Dragonmarks?
>>
>>53562030
Yep, sounds pretty good, dude.
>>
>>53562054
not to mention generate and load faster on mobile devices.
>>
>>53562094
Why does it have a minimum of 3 when you get feats at 4th if you're not a variant human. If people have homebrew that might let someone get a feat at a different level, then you don't account for that.
>>
>>53562111
I guess just old habits. A level requirement seemed to make sense. So, would you give them a spell at level 3 or not, just to be clear for balance?
>>
>>53561834
Not where IS the trove, but where IN the trove is this transcript?
>>
>>53561724
I remember you. You're butt-hurt FGLS-chan 'We should force all prospective DMs to pay hundreds before they even know what they're getting in for'.
>>
>>53562143
Dragonmarks give 2 1st when you take it, 1 2nd at 5th, and 1 3rd at 9th. Anything you do should be compatible to it. I find most marks to be bad, so changing the formula to be different, but in practical terms better is usually the correct decision. It's the same design they use in MtG when they want to make something better, but avoid being labeled "strictly better".

You've created a design goal of "8 effects total" since they're 8 tails. The only place to go is either lowering the level you get spells, increasing the level of the spells, or giving the spells multiple uses, or letting you freely spread your "uses" around allowing you to cast the same spell multiple times.
>>
File: Impeccable Thornere.jpg (75KB, 1250x581px) Image search: [Google]
Impeccable Thornere.jpg
75KB, 1250x581px
How do you put anagrams to use, /5eg/?
>>
>>53562301
Where are there freedom dragonmarks in 5e? The Eberron UA?
>>
>>53562253
tabletops aren't even dying because of pirates I'd posit. game shops and table tops are on the decline because other more popular outlets exist nowadays. Game shops declined with video games became extremely cheap and accessible.
>>
I want to play a Death Cleric/Deepstalker Ranger. What's the best way to do everything?
>>
File: 1495682267790.jpg (62KB, 526x799px) Image search: [Google]
1495682267790.jpg
62KB, 526x799px
Theater of the Mind or Grid + Miniatures?
>>
>>53562362
Depends on situation, but almost always unless there's only a few characters grid+minatures so that proper tactical combat beyond 'I walk up and hit stuff' can be executed and you can fully define environmental hazards and such.
>>
>>53562362
Grid + generic tokens
>>
>>53562362
TotM or bust.
>>
>>53562338
Important cities get anagrams while the others get something in relation to the country.
>>
Theater of the mind, grids are for fags
>>
>>53562362
There's times when I use theatre that I wish I had prepared a grid.
The opposite doesn't happen.

I feel that it's possible to reach that level of quality if you're a goddamn master DM to put grid out of use.
But it's a lot of effort, and when it comes to AoEs, it always adds the "How many can I get in X spell" and then you have to come up with an answer, retroactively describe the battlefield about things you missed, or use the aoe rules from DMG.
I'd rather use a grid and have the player already be aware of the area, and make their decision faster, instead of pinging off ideas off the DM during the turn, you know?
>>
>>53562344
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html
>>
>>53562362
whenever a fucking cave appears, theater of the mind.
>>
>>53562362
Theatre. My friends are all college poorfags with vivid imaginations and a basic grasp of spatial awareness.

My expendable income goes toward providing food and drink during game nights.
>>
>>53562362
Theatre of the Mind. Using miniatures, or doodles when it's too hard to describe.
>>
>>53561739
>10 players
Jesus fuck, break that up into two groups for the sake of your sanity and your players'.
>>
File: oh my fuck.jpg (33KB, 493x276px) Image search: [Google]
oh my fuck.jpg
33KB, 493x276px
>>53561739
my fucking god dude. you'd better not have them all at the same table. each of those players is going to die of old age before it's their turn again. just split them up into heroes and villains or group a and group b or something. like christ.
>>
>>53562362
Use both when appropriate, but bear in mind that combat was designed around playing on a 5'x5' grid, no matter what people want to believe.
>>
File: 1496339770681.jpg (42KB, 576x522px) Image search: [Google]
1496339770681.jpg
42KB, 576x522px
>>53562594
I'm in a party of 6 and it literally takes two hours before I get to make a single action or speak up.
>>
File: smugsheep.jpg (12KB, 248x236px) Image search: [Google]
smugsheep.jpg
12KB, 248x236px
>>53561724
>If you want to play the game, you get to pay the price.
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules
How about 0?
>>
File: Outsider.png (2MB, 1187x2748px) Image search: [Google]
Outsider.png
2MB, 1187x2748px
Something thrown together (Not balanced for multiclassing)

>Pact of the Outsider
>Spells-
>1st- Zephyr Strike, Sense Emotion
>2nd- Nystul's Magic Aura, Pass Without Trace
>3rd- Conjure Animals- (Swarm of Rats), Nondetection
>4th- Freedom of Movement, Locate Creature
>5th- Mislead, Dominate Person

>Level 1-
>Blink-
>You gain the ability to step through space. As a bonus action you can teleport up to 60 feet to an unoccupied space you can see. You can use this ability up to your CHA mod per short or long rest.
>You gain Proficiency with the Stealth skill. If you are already proficient, you can add double your proficiency bonus to Stealth checks.

>Level 6- Life Sense
>You can detect the life force of living creatures. You have advantage on Perception checks to see hidden enemies. This has no effect on Undead, Constructs, or any creature hidden from Divination magic.

>Level 10- Possession
>Once per short or long rest, you can use your action to Possess a Small or Tiny beast within 30 feet for 1 minute, merging bodies. The target must make an INT saving throw, and automatically fails if it has 2 INT or less. If the target has 6 INT or more it makes the saving throw with advantage. while possessing a creature, you can use your action only to Dash, Disengage, Dodge, Help, Hide, or Search.

This possession ends when you take any damage, the duration ends, or you choose to end it as a Reaction. When the effect ends, you appear in a space within 5 feet of the creature you possessed. You take 15 (3d10) force damage if you end your turn inside a space two sizes smaller than yourself.

>Level 14-
>You can use Possession on Humanoid targets. The target must make an INT saving throw, automatically failing if they have 6 or less INT. Targets with 12 or more INT make their save with advantage.
>When possessing a Humanoid, you can use your action only to Dash, Disengage, Dodge, Help, Hide, or Search and the movement speed of the target is halved.
>>
>>53562362
I dont need grid and figures, but i almost always prefer having at least drawing of the situation. It helps a lot.
>>
>>53562465
Even as a master GM with everything in your head, you can't justify to your players 'oh I see it like this so you can't do that'

Reasonably you could try to allow for players to do cool things and use ToTM to justify it but you'd really have to cover up the fact you're making arbitrary decisions.
>>
Hey, anon who is writing the 5e Guide to Sex:

What about menopause? I have a 550 year old high elf (female) warlock. Can she get pregnant still?
>>
>>53562723
Is this really a question?
Of course she can.
>>
File: 1496355277589.jpg (940KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496355277589.jpg
940KB, 848x1200px
>>53562723
Why is pfg still in this thread?
>>
>>53562763
because they're contributing to discussion about 5e, not pathfinder, as such they're welcome for as long as that continues.
>>
File: elmore-dragon-slayers.jpg (206KB, 650x814px) Image search: [Google]
elmore-dragon-slayers.jpg
206KB, 650x814px
>>53562573
>>53562594
>>53562636

It is what it is. Clever tricks are gonna be needed to keep the peace. Stuff needs to be delegated to the players and shit like that. There needs to be a treasure and kill tracker, party voice, chronicler, among other things. people need jobs to stay interested in the game. Secondly, I add a timer turn-taking. 1-2 minutes is usually all the time needed for individual combat choices, and 10-15 minutes for group decisions to be made in an orderly fashion. regardless, I'm not a forgiving DM and kill characters when they make stupid decisions and bad things happen when you don't pay attention. It tends to work, and keep everyone on their toes in combat.

I also expect at least 25% of the player base to drop out or not make it regularly after the first few games, so the player count should drop down to 7-8 over time and be much more manageable. Also, I try to avoid throwing spongy monsters at them and instead opt for much more deadly singular creatures. Storm King's Thunder kind of gets this right by only sending a few giants at a time, with smaller minion creatures.
>>
File: FakeDnD.png (437KB, 593x497px) Image search: [Google]
FakeDnD.png
437KB, 593x497px
tomorrow is the beginning of stream of annihilation, starting at 10am pst (or 1pm for the real world)
these models disguised as gamers get to show us what the new hardback will be. i hope its not more dragons
>>
>>53562872
I'd be interested in seeing if they can even play a game that's not staged.
>>
>>53562872
I'm out on a date with a girl, could someone take notes for me?
>>
>>53562872
Anyone else read into that line "only started playing" and "playing with the best", and think it's insinuating that proficiency is a factor in D&D, and that they're presenting it as if it's Quake, or StarCraft?
>>
>>53562856
dude. you have a 1-2 minute turn timer for each player then it will take on average 15 minutes of wait time before another player gets to do something. now think and tell me how many of those players are gonna be intently focused on the fight and situation at hand with between 10-20 minutes of wait time to do. how many of your players are gonna be getting out their phones. how many of your players are gonna make ooc chit chat while important things are happening. it's just not a good group size dude.
>>
>>53562919
you can have it in advance: focus-grouped actresses stumble through spout sponsored content and canned one-liners in order to be both genuine to the informed audience, but approachable/normal enough to the uninformed audience.
wotc announces that it's spelljamer.
>>
>>53562872
It's Chult, right? That's what everything we've seen suggests. Though at this point I'll be happy for any setting outside the Sword Coast.
>>
>>53562952
that's exactly what they're trying to say. i guess to make non-gamers think it's some kind of competitive game with babes and prizes?
>>
>>53562952
>Quake, or StarCraft
lmao what year do you think it is
>>
>>53562948
Why are you here, you fucking normie.

>>53562978
That's way cynical.
>>
>>53562960

seems to have been working just fine. different strokes for different folks friend-o.
>>
>>53563032
If they wanted to present it as Overwatch, or Dota 2, they would be promoting some new microtransaction streamer-bundle at only half off.
>>
>>53563032
There is a new Quake and a Starcraft remaster both out this year
>>
File: loolsujataday.png (225KB, 609x360px) Image search: [Google]
loolsujataday.png
225KB, 609x360px
wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt since they're from LA and everyone there has perfect teeth and hair - but nope, full on actresses
>>
>>53563099
It's not like acting is roleplaying or anything.
>>
>>53563099
>wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt since they're from LA

Why? Why would you do that ever?
>>
File: walt2.png (108KB, 290x280px) Image search: [Google]
walt2.png
108KB, 290x280px
>>53562362

Grid Pros
>Visual representation of the environment allows for a shared understanding of the environment at all times
>Visual representation of the environment allows for precise knowledge of which entities are where, which means that a ranged or AoE attack can be made clearly and confidently
>Tactile interaction with miniatures, tokens, etc. is satisfying

Grid Cons
>Forces the players to think of a bird's eye perspective (unless using 3-D model environments) as the default, instead of seeing through the eyes of their character
>Players may assume that a representation of an environment includes all details of the environment, discouraging them from investigating with subtle aspects of it
>The straight-forward approach of grid-based combat may discourage players from thinking of creative environmental maneuvers
>In order to avoid these problems the DM must create or provide extremely detailed representations (maps, models, whatever)
>Almost impossible to accurately represent dynamic scenes such as chases, battles with moving parts or platforms, or very large areas

TotM Pros
>Players become immersed in their characters and are not nudged towards one view of the world
>As players try to fill in the gaps on their "stage," they ask questions and will naturally investigate
>The possibilities for their maneuvers are not subliminally limited by the simple representation of their miniature/token
>The virtual-ness of TotM means that there is no limit on the environments the DM can create

TotM Cons
>Purely mental representation of the enviornment means more subjectivity, which can mean misunderstandings and misinterpretations between players
>Without an objective consensus on where all entities in an environment are at one time, ranged and AoE attacks lack clarity and consistency
>Players may be unable to maintain a "stage" if the number of entities gets too high or the environment gets too complex

the best answer is use both selectively
>>
>>53563152
This, really.

For example, in a play-by-post format you have plenty of time to draw up maps on the fly no matter where the players run or do things if you're dedicated enough, or in a heavily roleplaying focused game where combat is unlikely to be lethal it's fine to make arbitrary decisions for combat elements since it's unlikely to lead to unfair character death.
>>
File: mypoint.png (13KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
mypoint.png
13KB, 500x301px
>>53563117
it's not like actresses on set pretending to play dnd for the sake of shilling the brand is categorically great and acceptable
>>
>>53563226
Have you considered they may like D&D, you fucking autist. Normal people with actual socialization are by and far the better roleplayers than fat fucks confined to their mom's basement.
>>
What is the best build for a fighter class? I've never played one before and any help would be nice.
>>
>>53563288
considered it but then they dispelled the notion entirely. watch their show, read their twitter. if you can't tell it's a phony, contrived vehicle for wotc then you're a moron. it's not different than what WWE does with it's "WWE Network"
>>
>>53562362
Even on editions which didn't support grids, you were supposed to give the players specific measures for rooms, hallways etc. so they could make a map on their own. Pure theater of the mind gets confusing. Worth mentioning that said editions were almost completely focused on dungeon delving
>>
>>53562362
I can't see doing DnD combat efficiently without grid+miniatures.
>>
>>53563316
According to you, oh great arbiter of all that is real but you seem to really hate attractive people for some reason.
The more normal and attractive people playing D&D the better, it shouldn't just include people like you.
>>
>>53563383
but muh seekrit club
>>
File: kissmyson.png (364KB, 299x500px) Image search: [Google]
kissmyson.png
364KB, 299x500px
>>53562362
THEATRE
OF
THE
GRID
>>
>>53563383
>>53563402
>Has no points
>Resorts to name calling and strawman arguments

Like fucking clock work
>>
File: Tarot-1-1.png (4MB, 1662x1299px) Image search: [Google]
Tarot-1-1.png
4MB, 1662x1299px
>>53561201
I looked for a tarot deck a while back and could only find shitty ones. Pic related was the best I could find. Print on some cheap card stock. Also, it might pay to learn some simple card tricks for extra fun
>>
>>53560873
Take the regular phb and run it through a greyscale filter then you needy faggot.
>>
Theatre of the Mind fags: Why?
Do you mostly play roleplay-focused games?
Do you never play characters with long ranges / AoEs / etc?
>>
>>53563489
You seem upset. Why do you hate attractive and normal people playing D&D?
>>
File: 1495664092074.jpg (62KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
1495664092074.jpg
62KB, 500x647px
>Fighter-Sharpshooter
>Close quarters shooting
>Shield Master
>Crossbow Expert
Is this retarded or could it be both fun and effective?
>>
File: Tarot-1-2.png (4MB, 1662x1713px) Image search: [Google]
Tarot-1-2.png
4MB, 1662x1713px
>>53563498
>>53561201
Part 2
>>
>>53563523
Considering you have to unequip your shield with an action everytime you want to reload, yes.
>>
>>53563383
omg not only did you miss the point again you have oversimplified it beyond recognition.
no one cares of HOTT BABEZ are suddenly playing dnd, that's great. the grievance is that wotc is misrepresenting the game with a disingenuous portrayal of the game and its community in an effort to attract more normies. getting more normies is fine, but misleading them now will only result in an inevitable "oh nm, this shit is for fag losers".
this type of branding also ignores the reality of the gaming community and the very gamers who keep the hobby alive.
i'll stand by for you to misunderstand and reduce this all to "ur just mad you're not pretty" again. dense motherfucker...
>>
>>53563523
only if your dm let you get a weird crossbow that had some sort of multi bolt magazine. no reloading without a free hand so one shot sucks

wait, how do riot police reload?
>>
>>53563518
>Thinks he's still talking to the same guy

Please you can stop pretending to be retarded any time now. Also that much projection can't be healthy.
>>
>>53563555
There is a bit of difference between reloading a crossbow and a pistol. This idea might be easier to pull off with multiple flintlock pistols, if you have gunpowder allowed.
>>
>>53561201
za warudo should be a scroll of time stop.
>>
>>53563535
>>53563555
There are shields that enable the user to have a free hand.
>>
>>53563597
Are they on the system of D&D 5e?
>>
>>53563523
So much redundancy it hurts
>>
>>53563624
well I mean, what else should I take?
The ranged fighting style intead of CQS?
>>
>>53563536
If you think the current state of affairs is a disingenuous portrayal of the hobby then you need to get with the times and you really need to feel less threatened.
More so called normies are playing the game and sticking with it, note that I said normies are in fact the better roleplayers by far than fat autistic fucks with little socialization and no socialization with chicks. They are what the hobby needs, they're just doing the smart thing by them and Wizards.

They're also bringing much needed vitality into what is a staid hobby, otherwise we get a situation like pathfinder where muh butthurt and muh secret club prevails and is retarded as fuck.
>>
>>53563632
Archery fighting style, CBE, Sharpshooter feat.
Not sure how to feel about archetype choice but you odn't need close quarters shooting since CBE gives that.

You don't need shield master because 1. you can't use shields and 2. bonus action economy

CBE+SS as fighter regarrdless of archetype is almost as much damage as GWM+PAM.
>>
>>53562301
Thanks for the input. As a head's up, the kitsune race already gets 2 cantrips at level one - Produce Flame and Dancing Lights - and Faerie Fire 1/day at 3rd level. How much of that do I need to take into account when redesigning my "Fox Magic" feat?

And tying tails to spells is really not that big of an issue. I could just say "you get one extra tail when you take this feat, and a second when you get the final SLA at level 9" and it'd still have the same effect, right?
>>
>>53563571
You didn't answer the question. You need to feel less threatened.
>>
>>53563515
So you use grids that account for 1200ft eldritch blasts? I'm sure you've never slammed the players down 20ft from a bugbear because you didn't have space on the grid.
>>
File: Capture.png (216KB, 1070x635px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
216KB, 1070x635px
>>53563555
I made this just for this very argument.
>>
>>53563650
now THOSE are some good points, why the fuck didn't you lead with them?
yes, in culture breeds the shittiest of autismos and pathfinder is our best case study
yes, normies and just newbies in general make for better players because they play the game instead of playing the mechanics

goddamn gals gold guts just feels like a slap in the face to players who've stuck out the ups and downs of dnd
>>
>>53563610
Fair. Really seems like they went out of their way to make the hand crossbow meaningless.
>>
File: Capture.png (27KB, 548x220px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
27KB, 548x220px
>>53563610
Does this not say "ignore loading quality"?
>>
File: 1491078300162.jpg (236KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491078300162.jpg
236KB, 1280x720px
>It's another 'oh you're an autist for thinking about game mechanics' episode
>>
How does /5eg/ feel about allowing players to spend extra gold to modify equipment like adding special features or gimmicks?
>>
>>53563802
Why does this game seem to have so many conflicting rules?
>>
>>53563802
Does not say "ignore the ammunition property", however.
Don't worry, I made the mistake too and they had to even highlight it in errata that the ammunition property requires you to have a free hand to load even though that's kinda loading's thing.

But allowing hand crossbows with shields would make them hella OP in contrast to the other options.

>>53563829
Sure. If you want that sorta thing in your game, go ahead.

It can vary a lot because in some games that just causes bloat in the long-term, whereas in some games the characetrs will probably die and lose stuff anyway so eh.
>>
>>53563846
Actually being the autist I am I decided to look into it after smugly posting that. It's not the Loading property that's the issue, it's the Ammunition property.
>>
>>53563734
Cheers, you just gotta roll with it. There's no need and no reason to be mad at something that isn't worth it.
Also the more chicks in the hobby the better.
>>
>>53563863
Hand Crossbows don't really seem that OP when you consider that having a shield probably means you intend to be in the thick of things. Axe/longsword have a large damage die.
>>
>>53563899
It's more that you can use Sharpshooter with them for better GWM while still holding a shield.
>>
File: oathbreaker versus fighter2.png (87KB, 1914x647px) Image search: [Google]
oathbreaker versus fighter2.png
87KB, 1914x647px
>>53563899
When a build that allows you to use a superior stat (dex) and also allows you to fight at 120ft with the same ability as you fight at 5ft is almost as good as GWM+PAM (and in some cases is better) you have to really start questioning things.

And then you give them +2 AC over the GWM+PAM guy and everybody just asks,
'Why?'
>>
>>53563888
>>53563734
Also, groups like that may be good rolemodels for girls wanting to roleplay.
>>
>>53563934
you should do Shillelagh PAM Oathbreaker.
>>
>>53563963
It's +1 damage per hit by level 14 (As opposed to +0 damage by level 16) and ineffective before level 14 (Because doesn't have both shillelagh and IDS)
Along with just very slightly better normal attacks from 1d8+duelling
Also it's harder to get reaction attacks since you can't attack at 10ft then move away

If you could quantify the utility and spell slot boost then sure, maybe there'd be something to look at, but this is raw DPR with no burst.
>>
>>53563934
A fighter with the same set up and a crossbow with a larger damage die, like the heavy crossbow would almost always outperform the guy with a hand crossbow though. Seems like your just making the trade for higher AC and lower damage like every other s&s or gw decision.
>>
>>53563963
>>53564011
Oh, forgot - that's not mentioning shillelagh uses your first bonus action.

Shillelagh is a fine paladin sidegrade but not a good choice for DPR measures unless-

I guess the point is measuring it against shielded players for +2 AC, then?
>>
>>53564019
Hand crossbow gets to fire an extra time. Heavy crossbow deals +2 damage (+4 instead on crits) when sharpshooter already gives you +10 damage.
So, I'm pretty sure +1 hit is better than +2 damage?
>>
>>53560632
So now that the artificer and mystic classes are on the DM's guild as "updated classes" what difference do they have from their UA counterparts?
>>
Any suggestions for what to refluff a handaxe to be if i want a blunt weapon? Im playing a chef who refuses to use blades in combaf if at all possible, and im struggling with ideas.
>>
File: 1469726296754.png (205KB, 591x716px) Image search: [Google]
1469726296754.png
205KB, 591x716px
>>53564073
Dull the handaxe blades.
>>
>>53564073
>a blunt handaxe
I believe we call that a club. Just tell your DM you're going to use a rolling pin as a quarterstaff and that you'll never use it two-handed.
>>
>>53564073
Use this
>>
>>53564058
Probably AL legal.
>>
Has anyone ever started their campaign off with a ship wreck?
>basically start it off like "you all meet in a tavern" but its the ships mess hall
>que either a massive storm or a giant sea creature attacking
>start off right into the action, making athletic checks to maintain their footing, hacking away at tentacles, trying to climb back onto the ship if they fell off, getting a lifeboat ready, helping the other passagers or crew
>whether they escape conscious or not they find themselves on a beach surrounded by bits and pieces of the ship, with only the clothes on their backs
>now they must find what ever gear they can salvage from the wreck and flotsam, find any other survivors, and figure out where the hell they are

what do you guys think?
>>
>>53564117
>que
What?
>>
>>53564108
Not until they appear in the next book.
>>
>>53564092
>>53564106
Both great suggestions, thanks friends. I do have a quarterstaff i wanted to change as well and i think these both will work great
>>
>>53564117
Pretty standard but a shit ton better than the tavern start up idea. I'm always a fan of "shit is about to go down" start ups like this
>>
>>53564117
I'm planning on something like that, but well, in the sky.
>>
>>53564180
sky ship and they find themselves on a floating island?
>>
File: setting.png (172KB, 628x263px) Image search: [Google]
setting.png
172KB, 628x263px
>>53564180
All I can think of is this
>>
>>53564092
>>53564141
why a rolling pin as a quarterstaff and not a club?
>>
File: Lost_main_title.svg.png (67KB, 1200x636px) Image search: [Google]
Lost_main_title.svg.png
67KB, 1200x636px
>>53564180
>>
>>53564244
The only reason I can see that he wants a blunt hand axe is that he wants a simple blunt weapon that's also a d6 that's also not a greatclub. Just make it a long-ass rolling pin.
>>
>>53564192
Continent, but yeah. The entire setting takes place in the skies and one of the players actually helped came up with the 'how most of the party ended up at x'. After the starting events unfold they'll crash land on one of a few floating continents and from there it's up to them to either try to advance the plot or explore. I'd go on about the general gist of things but I don't want to rant.

>>53564203
I dare someone to sneak those quotes in.

>>53564264
I have no idea what happened in that show.
>>
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/map_ravenloft1.jpg

So how faithful is this, to the actual Ravenloft Castle map in Curse of Strahd?

Because I have to run it in about a month, and I still have got no fucking idea what to make of the book provided instructions
>>
>>53564279
>I have no idea what happened in that show.
To be fair, neither did the writers.
>>
>>53564244
Gonna run it by my DM, but:
Rolling pin as a club.
Frying pan as a quarterstaff in numbers, i think i can reasonably say you two hand a large cast iron skillet for more damage if needed
>>
>>53564140
They've already said the next book will include at least one of these as an official class after reviewing the comments on DM's Guild, but the DM's guild version will more or less be the final versions of each class. I just haven't had a chance to go over them with a fine tooth comb.
>>
Might make an unarmed Mystic just to punch enemies 70 feet away. Not huge damage but I imagine the spectacle of punching massive creatures so hard that they go flying 70 feet would never get old.
>>
>>53564306
Does switching weapons cost an action?
Like if one of my players has a shortbow out, does she use an action to switch to her dagger? Or can she switch to her dagger and attack all in one turn?

From what I can tell, sheathing a weapon is an object interaction, and drawing one is another? So that would mean you need to use an action, right?
>>
Most of the premade adventures are sweeping, epic stuff. What if I want to run something shorter? Level 3-6, or the likes? Are there any shorter things out there?
>>
>>53564672
I didn't mean to reply to anyone in this post by the way
>>
>>53564679
Tales from the Yawning Portal is a collection of smaller adventures.
>>
>>53564679
mines of phandelver
>>
>>53564672
if they choose to simply drop their weapon, they can draw the other using their free object interaction for the turn
>>
>>53564786
Cool, thanks
>>
What are the best Order and Disciplines to take if I'm building a Mytsic around the Energy Beam Psionic talent?
>>
File: 1496353513096.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1496353513096.gif
2MB, 400x225px
Can you shift while wildshaped? Or, better yet, is there a shifter class to go along with the race?

Pic fully unrelated
>>
Are there rules for waking up? Let's say the party is camped except for the elf who's on watch but he isn't paying attention and ends up getting an arrow lobbed into him. How does the rest of the party know it's time to wake up?
>>
>>53564880
Does the elf scream in pain?
>>
>>53564880
when they get an arrow in them, duh.
>>
>>53564880
The elf isn't screaming in pain?
>>
>>53564880
>Elf: 'Hey, uhh, I'm totally not being attacked right now, you can all keep sleeping while I FUCKING DIE'
Just use surprise rules as normal and start everyone in their sleeping positions.
>>
>>53564904
>>53564947
What if they're deep sleepers?
>>
>>53564989
Seems like a shit habit to have as an adventurer
>>
>>53564989
They're out in the wilds wearing armour while in the threat of immediate danger. Assuming a character is a deep sleeper is being a jerk.
>>
>>53564989

Have the deep sleepers roll a Perception check with disadvantage.
>>
>>53564989
>deep sleepers
Coming from someone who had to pull watch shifts regularly, you become a light sleeper. Also an Elf literally screaming bloody murder because an arrow is lodged into his kidney should at least wake someone up.
Granted he is an Elf, they may wake up and just pretend to be asleep.
>>
>>53564880
Maybe something involving passive perception? Or perhaps a CON check? I dunno.
>>
>>53564989
What are they, level 1?
>>
>>53565023
>Your character wakes up, but has sleep paralysis for 1d4 minutes
>Your character assumes the elf was having a nightmare and goes back to sleep
>>
>>53564880
Party is surprised, and start the fight prone.

I always assume they have armor on and weapons in arms reach.
>>
>>53563555
Most GMs who aren't cunts let you reload or use your other hand to do things even if there are things in it. After all, you can carry two items in one hand reasonably, just not WIELD them.

Hold a broom in one hand and you can still use your fingers to text if you're holding the phone with the other. It's not that unreasonable.
>>
>>53565049
Does anybody use the donning and doffing armor rules in the PHB? Is there even a penalty for wearing armor while sleeping?
>>
>>53565115
I use donning/doffing rules.
No where in the PHB does it say you cannot sleep in heavy or medium armor. I house rule that you can't without penalty. Exhaustion on a failed DC 18 Con Save after long rest.
>>
>>53565089
Hand crossbow + melee weapon is reasonable considering there's no reason you should be using a melee weapon anyway
+shield is just stupid.

>>53565115
Why should there be? Sure, you can turn the party tank who has heavy armour for +1 AC into a 9 AC civilian, but that's just stupid and reasonbly you can survive sleepiing a few nights out without dramatic effect on anything.
>>
>>53561957
>legal issues aside

What fucking legal issues are you talking about?
>>
>>53565195
>DC 18 or else potentially be irrelevant in night fights, and if you fail the DC then you get to be uselses at anything but 'I attack' for the next day
Yeah, nah
>>
File: d&d_5e_vs_pathfinder.png (36KB, 688x801px) Image search: [Google]
d&d_5e_vs_pathfinder.png
36KB, 688x801px
>>53562402
>>53562502
>>53562514
>>53562536
>>53563152
>t. lazy college students who can't get a job to buy a fucking 10 dollar erasable grid
>>
So is everyone ready for the new Jurassic Park themed module getting announced tomorrow?
>>
File: 1495263345600.png (6KB, 269x335px) Image search: [Google]
1495263345600.png
6KB, 269x335px
>PC deaths
>PC deaths around me when I'm also a player
>>
>>53565310
Fuck yes. I've been prepping my players for a possible Chult adventure so they're hyped as fuck too.
>>
>>53565271
Hahaha, that image, holy shit the delusion. Hahaha.
>>
>>53565329
>>53565310
Dinotopia adventure when?

I'll be on a date.
>>
>>53565337
It's true for the most part, though.
>>
>>53565249
Almost as if the spell Mage Armor, or the Monk and Barbarian and Lizardfolk features were somehow relevant

I guess they'll just have to use different tactics and strategies for battle depending on varying factors and elements of the environment. What a bummer for that guy's table
>>
My DM just gave us house rules for his campaign, and one of them is opening up our stats (point buy) range from 18 to 3. I'm playing a Barbarian - how hard should I dump my mental stats? What are the risks to running around with 4's in INT/WIS/CHA?
>>
>>53562243

SRD
>>
>>53565354
For both sides absolutely
>>
>>53565354
If you reverse them then maybe.
>>
>>53565386
>If you reverse them then maybe.
Then it wouldn't be true.
>>
>>53565386
Please don't lie the right is an accurate description of both groups
>>
>>53565365
Go 3 CHA and play a mute
Dumping wisdom is mechanically bad because of perception
Dumping intelligence is mechanically fine, I hate playing stupid characters but if you're willing to play a drooling idiot for the foreseeable future go for it
>>
tg, I'm compiling all my house rules, and I'm noticing I've got a lot of Warlock and Artificer tuning.

What are yours, that seem like a solid fix to the game? Rules that tg could live with, in other words
>>
>>53565365
The inability to speak, anything below 5 int isn't sapient
>>
>>53565397
>>53565396
Pathfinder players are pretty bad and autistic, 5e players are for the most part normies, AL players can be pretty bad and autistic.
>>
File: fuck_matt_mercer.jpg (35KB, 800x902px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_matt_mercer.jpg
35KB, 800x902px
>>53565397
Except for 5e players, they have the added delusion that they are playing a real roleplaying game, instead of a dumbed-down babby-tier beginner RPG meant to pander to normalfags and rosties who saw Stranger Things and a bunch of Wil Weaton podcasts, as well as Critical Roll, and a healthy dose of /tg/ greentexts to make them think that the game is basically Cards Against Humanity, with natural 20s.
>>
>>53565365
Literal retard
>>
File: 1494487544005.png (41KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
1494487544005.png
41KB, 500x504px
>>53565421
So why are you in 5eg?
>>
>>53565421
Why do you hate normality so much?
>>
>>53565416
>5e players are for the most part normies
>implying that's a good thing
>implying that doesn't make 5e's fanbase the worst of all editions of D&D

Yeah I just love playing with a bunch of hipster fucks who don't know anything about RPGs except that which they learned from Dark Scrolls and other shit-tier video games, they think the game is like Skyrim and fuck around and don't take anything seriously, they aren't even derailing the campaign in an interesting way, they are just doing random shit that really has no consequence, but they are trying to make it a comedic thing because that's all the normoniggers understand, and they thus ruin the game by trying to make it like Apples to Apples or some shit. Anything that gets them to laugh autistically and pound the table causing the microbrews to clink and quiver, and forget for a few minutes that they have a fat feminazi bitch wife at home, and two screeching shitstains who will need their diapers changed after the game.

>>53565447
>Why do you hate normality so much?
I don't. I hate faggotry.
>>
>>53565404
>s but if you're willing to play a drooling idiot for the foreseeable future go for it
Well, I'm already pretty set on playing as a lizardbro so that's not much of a leap.
>>
>>53565466
The only faggot here is you. Never go severe autist and never go full retard.
Are you okay? Do you need psychiatric help?
>>
>>53565466
Calm down there Benson, you getting scary again with your alt talk
>>
>>53565421
Except pf players need an autistic version to solve every situation or they have no clue what to do, have Stockholm syndrome that lots of shit to useless options is good with a handful of overpowered ones, requiring a perfect selection and character creation to be relevant in a game, weeb shit galore and the need to feel better because of all that despite being the other side of the same shit covered coin.

It boils down to an argument of my opinion>than your opinion
>>
Chris Perkins has said structurally the next adventure we're getting is like Curse of Strahd (in his interview on Encounter Roleplay).
>>
>>53565407

7) Races with a non-vestigial tail have access to the unarmed attack “Tail Swipe” that upon a hit, in addition to the normal unarmed damage, forces an enemy up to one class size larger to do a Strength Saving throw of 8+ Proficiency Bonus + Strength modifier or be knocked prone.
>>
File: 1456958920439.jpg (115KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1456958920439.jpg
115KB, 413x395px
>>53565466
>All this projection

Holy shit this is gonna be good
>>
>>53565510
Haven't done CoS, what is the structure?
>>
File: Eberron-cg.jpg (621KB, 1600x1447px) Image search: [Google]
Eberron-cg.jpg
621KB, 1600x1447px
Fuck this normie PF Matt Mercer horseshit, let's talk about some actual D&D. What's your favorite part of your favorite published setting!
>>
>>53565535
CoS starts with an optional intro level to get players up to 3rd level, then has some social exploration in the starting area that branches out to a guided pseudo-sandbox, with the final area being obvious and accessible early-on. CoS's structure is fantastic.
>>
>>53565535
Sandboxy

Narrativewise they can go in any order they like, but it's very easy to wander somewhere they're under leveled for
>>
>>53565494
Nothing I have said is autistic, or retarded. There is nothing wrong with wanting to play a semi-serious game. I bet you laugh at that, though, because, like all normalfags, you scoff at the idea that anyone would take their hobby seriously. Games are meant to be FUN, and the only thing that means to your pathetic underdeveloped chipmunk brain is giggling autistically at some RoosterTeeth video or drinking microbrews while chilling with the bros. You cannot conceive that someone might want to create a story with his friends, with a mutually-agreed-upon tone that evolves naturally through the campaign, because that would require a shred of creativity which is two shreds more than you have. Honestly, anyone whose first edition of D&D was 5th ed, should tie the fucking rope. That excludes even my friends I play 5e with, because they started with AD&D and 3.5, which were actually good games, unlike the retarded pro-tranny bullshit of 5e, where racial penalties are "dats rayciss" because the game is so overly-dependent on ability scores that you can't have anyone with a 13 or lower or their character becomes invalid. Not that it would even matter because you get so many ASIs you hit levelcap by level 8 at the latest, and rolling for stats doesn't even work anymore because of how insane the ASIs are. They could have been +1 to two different ones, but that wouldn't be enough for the normalfucks who need instant grafitication, they NEED that extra +5% right away or else the game is anti-fun and it's all about fun and nothing else, fun is the priority, fun fun fun fun why would the game be about anything but fun? Fun is the only thing that matters, the sheer waves of autistic laughter, that is fun! That's what the goal of an RPG is! That feel when you roll a nat20 and the entire table descends into autistic shrieking laughter because OMG LOL HE JUST CONVINCED THE GUARD CAPTAIN TO SUCK HIS DICK SO NOW IT HAS TO HAPPEN OR YOU ARE A SHIT DM.
>>
>>53565535
Horror-esque with a BBEG harrassing the players. Sandbox style exploration but guided to confront the BBEG. The surroundings may be downtrodden and decrepit.
>>
>>53565531
I don't have kids, though, thank god.
>>
File: le condescending monkey.jpg (126KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
le condescending monkey.jpg
126KB, 333x500px
>>53565565
>Nothing I have said is autistic, or retarded
>last sentence is all caps
>>
>>53565581
>satire and emphasis don't exist
Whatever you say, Harambe.
>>
>>53565565
Okay, I'm asking this seriously now, are you okay? Do you need psychiatric help?
>>
What's better to take first: PAM or an ASI in your attack stat?
>>
>>53565609
>doesn't like D&D getting shit up by jokes constantly
>wow bro u clearly need psychiatric help, don't you know the game is all about FUN? Why would anything else matter? Fun is all that matters. The game was designed with fun as the singular goal
>>
>>53565565
>like all normalfags, you scoff at the idea that anyone would take their hobby seriously.
And you act like somehow that's the fault of the edition and not the players. There's nothing in 5e that says a nat 20 is a success anywhere out of combat.

There are shit people in literally every hobby you could ever get into, grow up
>>
>>53565627
Why are you playing if not for fun? Why do you play to complain and sperg the fuck out?

Are you capable of normal social interaction without autistically screeching.
>>
>>53562338
Anytime I use a poly morphed creature (dragons usually) in human form I make their name/ title a anagram for the type of dragon they are
its hilarious because only one player has figured this out and he refuses to tell the others
>>
>>53565657
>Are you capable of normal social interaction without autistically screeching.

Yes. Oh wait, does "normal social interaction" mean "lmao dude i am going to try something i saw in an anime. yeah attack on titan, i'm going to try to climb the ogres back at slash his throat cause that insta-kills the titans in that anime so ... WHOA OMG I ROLLED A NATURAL 20" and then a shitload of screenching laughter ensues? Cause if you are talking about that, then yeah, no, I am not capable of that kind of social interaction because it's fucking obnoxious and everyone involved in it needs to die.
>>
>>53565565
I want to say this is bait, but this is written with such a genuine anger and autism that I have to believe that it's real.
>>
>>53565655
>And you act like somehow that's the fault of the edition and not the players.

It's mostly the fault of Matt Fucking Mercer and his band of failed voice actors and their roastie companions. Matthew Mercer is contributing more to the downfall of the D&D community than anyone else in history. Not even Monte Cook, not even Lorraine Williams, not even Micheal Merals, not even Gary Gygax himself have done as much damage to D&D. Mercer has made the game palatable to the kind of person who spends his Friday nights playing Cards Against Humanity while slobbering microbrews all over his beard while his wife's son is sleeping in the next room. The kind of moron who thinks mirthful laughter is the end goal of everything, and fails to understand the potential that RPGs have as a fulfilling hobby. Instead, he shits on that creative potential by turning the entire game into a joke, refusing to take anything seriously and making gimmick characters, bringing along his fat girlfriend to make a shitty elf druid character that she hardly roleplays, screeching autistically whenever she rolls a natural 20 because that is the only aspect of the game that her tiny female brain can comprehend, taking copious pictures of the game and posting them to Snapchat and Instagram to show what a geek she is, before getting tired at 11 and tugging at her cuck boyfriend's shoulder so that they both leave and disrupt the immersion even further, because the game doesn't matter to these people at all. It is a mode of entertainment, nothing else. And by entertainment, I mean they consider it nothing more than a Netflix special that they can pause at any time, because it is meant entirely to pander to their enjoyment and make them laugh to cover up how empty their lives are. This hobby used to be full of passionate people who cared about the game and weren't afraid to show it. Now the hobby is being diluted by hordes of casuals who couldn't give less of a fuck. And they are ruining everything.
>>
>>53565697
Can you stop autistically screeching? Holy shit, you are being fucking onboxious and your issues are non issues.
>>
>>53565716
Ok now THIS is pasta, I know I've seen it before.
>>
>>53565716
>Resorts to pasta this early in the game

Man you could've kept pretending to be retarded for at least five to six more posts.
>>
>>53565565
Im in tears holy fuck. Even if you're pretending to be retarded, you start the most autistic rant ive seen in a while with "Nothing I've said is autistic," then go on to froth at the mouth over the fact people like something you don't.
This couldnt be better if you tried, 10/10
>>
File: Giggleniggle.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Giggleniggle.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>53565716
what the actual fucking kek
>>
>>53565716
Hopefully this is bait, I hope to dear God this is bait because if you are being serious you have severe, severe issues.

And if you pretending to be retarded, you're actually not, you're severely autistic and retarded.
>>
>>53565716
Wait...what's wrong with microbrews?
>>
>>53565716
lol
Even if this is a pasta, there's some truth in there.
Mostly the bit about marisha ray being fucking awful.
>>
hey guys I wanted to tell you a player really wanted to play an Aarakocra in my game and I was hesitant but it ended up being essentially a non issue, just something to work around. I almost feel like it made me more creative in terms of dungeon and combat design.
He also is roleplaying the character to have limiting quirks based on being a bird which I really appreciate. Stuff like feeling uncomfortable flying in closed off situations, or panicking when something large comes at it. He also doesn't understand property and likes to take shiny things of essentially no value.
>>
>>53565775
you're*
>>
Ok, back on topic, have any of you used houserules for weight? I'm on session 7 already and I can't keep track of the stuff my players carry.
>>
>>53565724
>your issues are non issues.

They most certainly are issues, you stupid fuck. D&D is being dumbed down to pander to casual retards. The rules are being changed to what is the most "fun", even though their idea of "fun" is nothing but instant gratification and the pussification of the game system. That is why nat20 is an auto-crit now. Because if you roll a nat20, not only does it have to be an auto hit it has to be an autocrit even though that makes no fucking sense because then if you need a 20 to hit then every hit is a crit. Which makes no sense, but since auto-crit on a 20 is more FUN, it gets put into the game. Same with why you can't die in Adventurer's league, same with ASIs being +2 instead of +1 (dat instant gratification), same with nearly every other fucking rule in 5e including death saves making it basically impossible to die unless you take... what, DOUBLE you fucking hit points in one blow? That's not even possible when the critical hits are neutered to only add an extra die. Fuck 5e, it is praised for being slightly less retarded than the previous version, and since the bar is so fucking low, everyone fellates it and its developers for fucking up slightly less than last time. And since it is D&D, that omg nerdz game, it sells millions of copies despite ripping off mechanics that have been common practice for 20 years, pretending they are original, and winning MULTIPLE FUCKING GAME DESIGN AWARDS for absolutely nothing.

D&D has been better designed, outclassed, OBJECTIVELY IMPROVED by multiple other deveopers, and it has been basically defeated by other RPGs in EVERY category. Yet it still exists because of social consciousness and nat20 memes. What a fucking world.

>>53565737
>>53565739
>>53565741
>>53565756
All of you should consider suicide. You have no argument, only your fake shock/outrage that means nothing.
>>
>>53565789
cool. Here's 1000 points for not having a knee-jerk and just outright banning anything your player wants to do. More DMs should be open to allowing "broken" things. Because the game is already broken via RAW if you allow feats and variant human. Which, based on my experience, people do.
>>
>>53565811
ok but >>53565783
>>
>>53565536
Council of Wyrms. My favorite part is being dragons.
>>
>>53565813
>More DMs should be open to allowing "broken" things.
Yes, good goy, let your player play that homebrew race he made. Every player should be playing a new race they invented themselves. Diversity is important!

>>53565821
>>53565783
They are shitty overpriced hipster trash. Like the D&D 5e books.

>>53565788
Glad to see someone is sane.
>>
File: Stop Having Fun.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Stop Having Fun.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>53565811
Plz continue. I want to see you call Marisha fat again
>>
>>53565811
To be fair, you can fucking murder your players if you just have monsters go all-in with their multiattacks and not have them stop when the player goes down.

That's the most common way I see players get fucked.
>>
>>53565831
>Yes, good goy, let your player play that homebrew race he made. Every player should be playing a new race they invented themselves. Diversity is important!
Evidently I should have saved my gorilla for this post
>>
>>53565831
>They are shitty overpriced hipster trash. Like the D&D 5e books.
yeah but what's wrong with them?
>>
File: 1490481641252.jpg (65KB, 449x606px) Image search: [Google]
1490481641252.jpg
65KB, 449x606px
>>53560632
Anyone know i can find Zak S book Vornheim?
>>
>>53565838
>To be fair, you can fucking murder your players if you just have monsters go all-in with their multiattacks and not have them stop when the player goes down.

So to actually kill characters, you have to go over the top and be a dick and make monsters act against their nature.
>>
>>53565811
>>53565831
Why are you in this thread then?
Also, do seek psychiatric help, maybe not for you but for other's sake.
>>
>>53565831
>Yes, good goy, let your player play that homebrew race he made. Every player should be playing a new race they invented themselves. Diversity is important!
It's not a homebrew race.
It's just that most DMs have stupid knee-jerk reactions when they see "fly speed" and just scream NOOO.
It's pretty fucking dangerous to be a flying man and an easy way to have yourself killed if you try to abuse it as a player.

>birdman archer
>haha I fly up real high and shoot down at people from 400 feet away
>okay the enemy archers all take aim at you
>they fall unconscious 400 feet up, and take 20d6 upon landing

Not a great strategy.
>>
>>53565849
>So to actually kill characters, you have to go over the top and be a dick and make monsters act against their nature.

Is ripping and tearing into someone who is trying to kill you also against a monster's nature?
>>
>>53565811
Ill ask the question again.
Why are you even in the /5eg/ if you cannot contain your autistic screeching that the game isnt how it used to be?
You're throwing a hissy fit like a child because your secret club has been found out, and people are having fun with it. If you hate 5e this much, play something fucking else
>>
>>53565836
Isn't she the Felicia Day wannabe who kept making shit/fart jokes because she thinks that it's funny or shows what a stronk womyn she is? Fuck her either way, she looks like every game-derailing roastie cunt that I've ever lost a player to.

>>53565852
>Also, do seek psychiatric help, maybe not for you but for other's sake.

Oh shut the fuck up, faggot. You have ZERO proof I need psychiatric help. Are you a psychologist? Nope? Then shut the fuck up. You have NO RIGHT TO COMMENT on mental health when you do not have a license to practice mental medicine. It is literally against the law to do that. I also passed an entire battery of psychological tests for my job, and passed every single one, so again, fuck off.
>>
>>53565811
>You have no argument, only your fake shock/outrage that means nothing.

The only one faking shock/outrage here is (you), that and there's nothing to argue you're dead set in this opinion so I won't waste my time other than to chuckle and keep you going.
>>
>>53565877
>Is ripping and tearing into someone who is trying to kill you also against a monster's nature?
It is when there are still 8 other guys attacking you.

>>53565878
>Why are you even in the /5eg/
Because I can be. You are yet to prove anything I said to be untrue, by the way.
>>
>>53565849
not that anon but yes and no, certain creatures would certainly continue on a downed foe rather than engage additional threats, oozes and undead come to mind immediately. Other monsters may simply continue to thrash until something distracts them.
>>
>>53565810
I make little Inventory sheets on a blank piece of paper
Player Name:
Race:
Strength:
Size: (I use different times table for small vs med creatures)
Str x Size = Carry Weight
then estimate every time you have them add something how much it weighs (it doesn't have to be exact, they wont notice) its usually a simple 26+2 or whatever. It also lets them imagine RPG inventory management which a lot of my players came from.
Might be shit but its quick and doesn't bog down too much stuff other than filling em out for 15 minutes
>>
>>53565882
Then you need an involuntary intervention order because reading your rambling it seems you are having an psychotic breakdown. Seek help. Actually seek help.
>>
>>53565849
It's against a monster's nature to drag off he thing it killed to devour it?

A pack of wolves knocks one of you out, it drags the body off to start eating it. The other wolves has what they came for and join in on the feast

There is no predator on this planet that would continue going after he strongest prey when it has something weaker to eat. Have your monsters do the same thing
>>
>>53565847
1. Go to the /osr/ thread.
2. Go to their MEGA.
3. Supplements > Settings > LotFP adventure settings
>>
>>53565898
>It is when there are still 8 other guys attacking you.
You DM for a party of 8? shieeet
Nah, but an intelligent monster would know they have means to revive them and that's bad for him.
A dumb monster might just be hungry and eat them.

Certain things like perhaps a necromancer or a wraith would want them to be completely dead so they can get the extra help.
>>
>>53565898
1: Clearly you've never been surrounded by nine guys whilst they attack you before.
2: How the fuck do you 'prove' that someone/something is killing an entire industry?

Also, you're fucking hilarious anon. Please, keep it up.
>>
>>53565882
>Isn't she the Felicia Day wannabe who kept making shit/fart jokes because she thinks that it's funny or shows what a stronk womyn she is? Fuck her either way, she looks like every game-derailing roastie cunt that I've ever lost a player to.

No where close, she's just retarded and plays a high wisdom, low charisma character as a low wisdom high charisma character.
>>
>>53565882
>hates marisha
>pretty good at roleplaying a sperglord
I dunno, I think you're alright
>>
>>53565898
>You are yet to prove anything I said to be untrue, by the way.
Thats because youre not posting anything but retard rage that people other than your special ed class play D&D now, And its most likely bait that I've fallen spectacularly for, but whatever, there's no changing your mind
>>
>>53565898
Nothing of what you've being screeching out is actually an issue. The only one having a massive autistic fit is you.
>>
>>53565937
thank you kind anon.
>>
>>53565882
hey if you're interested crit role is streaming right now
>>
>>53565944
>You DM for a party of 8? shieeet
Oh shit I forgot hyperbole is lost on /tg/ because they are autistic retards.

>Nah, but an intelligent monster would know they have means to revive them and that's bad for him.
Why the fuck does it matter? He is going to die if he can't incap ALL of them. Hell, most monsters would run away.

>A dumb monster might just be hungry and eat them.

Not gonna stop your players from questioning the monsters actions, because Critical Roll has taught them that it's okay to argue with the DM until he regrets running the game for them.

>>53565924
>Then you need an involuntary intervention order because reading your rambling it seems you are having an psychotic breakdown.

Thanks for confirming you have no knowledge whatsoever of psychology. You know what? I am sick of people like you who think they know everything just because they have been on the internet a few times and act like just because they went to college that gives them a right to comment on everything. So did I but I still don't comment on areas outside of my expertise. Fucking retards on /tg/ who have just squirted out a couple shitspawn and think that gives them right to dole out life advice, go the hell away. You have nothing to say. You are nothing.
>>
>>53565898
>Because I can be. You are yet to prove anything I said to be untrue, by the way.
how does one prove an opinion untrue?
>>
>>53562636
>>53562594
>in a party of five
>other players are performing their turns
>figuring out what I'm going to do
>my turn comes around
>I BONUS ACTION THIS THING AND MOVE OVER HERE AND HIT THIS GUY WITH ADVANTAGE *ROLL* AND SINCE HE'S STILL STANDING I ATTACK HIM AGAIN
>turn takes less than a minute between descriptions, rolls, calculations
>next party member's turn
>UHHHH... HMMMM... I DON'T KNOW...
>player runs through the three things they're thinking about doing
>HOLD ON, LET ME CHECK THE RULES ON THIS THING
>another minute
>OKAY, I CAST SPELL ON THE MONSTER
>IT DOES... UH... LET ME GET THE DESCRIPTION
>DM: that target died last round; you killed it, in fact
>OH NEVERMIND THEN, UH... WELL I CAN'T DO THAT ON THESE OTHER GUYS... HMMM...
kill me
>>
>>53565882
Psychiatrists deal with mental health issues, you fucking retard. So no, you know nothing about mental health.
How did you pass them when reading your comments you sound like someone severely psychotic and deluded?
>>
>>53565990
>because Critical Roll has taught them that it's okay to argue with the DM until he regrets running the game for them.
To be fair, from what I've watched, mercer does a pretty good job of shutting down arguments from players. Better than most I've seen irl.
Not that he's ever gonna try to kill anyone for real.

it's pretty obvious they decide off-set whether or not a character will survive those "tough resurrection rituals."

>oh look guys I took a picture of the roll
>forget for a moment that I have a ton of dice behind the screen, this is definitely the one I rolled I promise
>>
>>53565990
>knows nothing about voluntary and involuntary intervention orders
>thinks psychologists are involved in mental medicine and not psychiatrists
>I really don't have an issue, really
Okay
>>
I'm gonna use this as inspiration for a crazy NPC my players are going to run into.
>>
>>53566004
I think its even worse when people either pull out their phones or outright leave the table when its not their turn, then they complain that the combat is taking forever
>>
>>53566045
may the gods help them
>>
File: 1495146963482.gif (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495146963482.gif
12KB, 500x500px
>>53565990
The difference clearly between you and most people in this thread is that they say something jokingly giving you shit about saying you DM for 8 players (which you used as an example hyperbole or not) and you call them an autistic retard without realizing they weren't attempting to verbally assault you.
I feel blessed that I wasn't one of the normies you bitch about when I started playing because the hobby would be dead for me and I would never have gotten as far as I have. You need to tone it way down dude.
If you have a shitfit like this on internet strangers, having you at a gaming table must be excellent.
>>
>>53566004
Welcome to Fifth Edition! Also advantage is a fucktarded mechanic because it doesn't stack so players are literally punished for employing good strategy, all because Mearls wants to pander to idiots who can't do math. Seriously, half my fucking 5e group needs my help to fucking add two numbers. God damn, what is happening to America. And we are encouraging this with mechanics like advantage that SHOULD have been relegated to use as a "DM's best friend" situational modifier, but since players have advantage on every other thing they fucking do thanks to feats and class features, I can't even use that. So wow a good mechanic idea gets fucked because the 5e devs were too lazy to think up something original and took the one """original""" idea they had and overused it until it was just as meaningless as the constantly-stacking 3.5 bonuses. Fuck Wizards of the Coast. If it's not making fighters into spellcasters in 4e because they can't figure out how to balance the game any other way, or if it's not making wizards gods in 3.5, or making the AD&D rules ridiculously over-specific with bullshit like THAC0.... if it's not any of those, then it's wasting the only decent mechanic they've added to the game in the past 20 years, on literally everything and squandering it so that it becomes a kludgy shit mechanic. The constantly stacking modifiers of 3.5 were shit but at least they were easier and more elegant than this. At least for people who can add past 10, which judging by the 3.5 hate on /tg/, is about 10% of the population.

>>53565992
Not everything I've said is opinion, idiot.
>>
>>53566065
>God damn, what is happening to America.
Well, you elected a mental midget who put an unqualified boob in charge of the Department of Education to facilitate axing it, so I'd say everything is going according to keikaku.
>>
>>53566065
Please be baiting and please tell us you're not serious.
>>
>>53566060
What should his class be?
Some kinda sorcerer? An autistic knowledge cleric?
GOO warlock?
>>
>>53566096
fuck off with your politics, just as bad as this larping faggot
>>
>>53565990
>arguing about a singular hypothetical monster
>'sick of people like you who think they know everything' with no sense of irony.
>Suggests that he's a psychologist while losing more shit than a discount plumbing company
>'forgot that hyperbole is lost on /tg/'
>hyperbole
>lost on /tg/

Purely unrelated, but by chance do you enjoy murdering elves waaaay too fucking much to be considered normal, even by neckbeard standards?
>>
>>53561724
I'm gonna say what I said to another anon in another thread. Not everyone lives in USA/West Europe. In my country, each rulebook is 50€, but at my student job, I only make 4€/h, and yeah, that includes nights. It's a manual job, too. I know you can get like 12$/h for the lowliest job in the states, so a rulebook for you is 3 hours of work, but for me it's 2 days. For 50€, I can buy food for a week or 10 days, or get 15 subsidised meals at a restaurant. You get fucked, priviledged shitposter.
>>
>>53565811
>because then if you need a 20 to hit then every hit is a crit.

You almost never need a 20 to hit.
>>
File: wEfpY7U.gif (992KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
wEfpY7U.gif
992KB, 250x250px
>>53566065
>Seriously, half my fucking 5e group
Oh Virt, you are a card, we all know you don't play or have anyone that can stand being around you for any length of time.
>>
>>53560662
Dragonborn Stone Sorcerer
>>
>>53566098
>If you don't like advantage which is such a good and original mechanic because it's different from 3.5 which means it is good, then you are clearly trolling.
No, I am serious. Advantage is a stupid fucking piece of shit mechanic. The response to 3.5 stacking shitloads of modifiers, was fewer modifiers, not some dumbass roll twice take best shit that doesn't even stack or interact properly and constantly fucks up when the players get punished for trying to use more than one advantage.

>>53566010
>Psychiatrists deal with mental health issues, you fucking retard. So no, you know nothing about mental health.

I was issued a battery of psych tests, BY PSYCHIATRISTS, for my job. Their opinion outweighs your fucking business degree, got it, autist? You are literally breaking the law by trying to diagnose a mental disorder without a license. It's like practicing law when you've been disbarred.
>>
>>53561767
Fucking stop it and fuck off to pfg you weaboo shit.
>>
>>53566100
make him a homebrew race/ class
because that seems to really piss him the fuck off irl
>>
>>53566100
Halfling Barbarian. Ineffective and ANGEREY
>>
>>53566153
Yeah, this is an extreme edge-case. You'd likely need to be using something you aren't proficient with and/or using a weapon where you lack the proper modifier to aid in your attack.
In which case the crit will likely do nearly nothing anyway.
>>
>>53566177
You're right, rage is a good idea.
>>53566176
how about a black gay male kitsune
>>
>>53566207
And a Mystic on top of that.
>>
>>53566163
You said psychologists and now psychiatrists, which is it?
How did they miss you're severely and utterly deluded?
>>
>>53566207
>how about a black gay male kitsune
half-demon, half-fey, gay catboy aasimar
>>
File: initgirl.png (329KB, 467x318px) Image search: [Google]
initgirl.png
329KB, 467x318px
>>53566147
>I don't make any money because I am a lazy fuck with no skills
>therefore people who can actually afford the books, are privileged fucks who should gibsmedat
>also you should literally commit a felony on my behalf because I am poor and that is your fault for being white and intelligent

Get fucked, nigger. Just because YOU failed at life and can't afford the D&D 5e books, doesn't mean you should be allowed them for free. Wizards of the Coast doesn't owe you a damn thing. You are a drain on society. Deal with it. There are plenty of free RPGs out there for you to play in the meantime until you grow up and get a big-boy job.
>>
File: wew.png (173KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
173KB, 500x291px
>>53566163
>>
>>53566123
When the fuck did I imply I was a psychologist? I said I was *tested* by psychologists as a screening for my job, and passed. Therefore, i am sane, and until you post a timestamped photo of your psychology degree, you have no right to say otherwise.
>>
>>53566254
Being legally sane doesn't necessarily mean you are sane.
>>
>halfling ranger and gnome artificer split off from party to investigate NPC's house
>fences are Alarmed, door is Alarmed, windows are Alarmed
>break in to house next door
>luckily the tenants are out
>go upstairs, climb out of window into roof
>jump off roof into lawn of target house
>back and cellar doors are Alarmed
>climb up onto roof with some good Athletics checks
>chimney isn't alarmed
>ranger slides down, wiggles through chimney throat
>artificer slides down, gets stuck
This took 45 minutes to resolve. The chucklefuckery cannot be stopped.
>>
>>53566163
>I was issued a battery of psych tests, BY PSYCHIATRISTS, for my job. Their opinion outweighs your fucking business degree, got it, autist? You are literally breaking the law by trying to diagnose a mental disorder without a license. It's like practicing law when you've been disbarred.

CONGRATULATIONS. NOW GO PLACE THAT ANON ON CYBER CITIZEN'S ARREST AND LEAVE US ALONE.
>>
>>53561724
You do know that the PHB is available for free without pirating riight?
>>
>>53566254
The irony is declaring that you're legally sane makes you sound way more crazy than if you had just kept that information to yourself.
>>
>>53566260
>Being legally sane doesn't necessarily mean you are sane.

Yes it does. And until you post a timestamped photo of your psychology degree, you have no right to say otherwise.
>>
Is there any reason for an Eldritch Knight to forgo a primary weapon entirely?
Is it reasonable roll an EK with heavy armor master, shield master and just fire spells off without any fear?
>>
>>53566163
It aint illegal to call someone an autist online boyo
>>
>>53563498
>>53563531

Just buy a pack of Tarokk and remove non-tarokk cards.
>>
>>53566286
you know who passionately defends their sanity? Crazy people.
>>
>>53566294
>>53566290
>>53566277
You're all full of shit.
>>
>>53566304
no it's true! Crazy people are always going on about how sane they are.
>>
>>53566286
Legally, I have every right to say you're insane.
Do you live in bum-fucki-stan or something?
>>
>>53566254
>Thanks for confirming you have no knowledge whatsoever of psychology.

When used in this format, especially in the context of fucking 4chan, makes you sound like someone who knows something about psychology. The term for professionals who know things about psychology is a psychologist, as you've mentioned repeatedly. I gave you the benefit of the doubt when you suggested that the other chucklefuck knew nothing of psychology (implying that you -did-) and assumed you were a professional of the field, then used that fact to mock you.

As someone who has taken a battery of tests on the English language for my own job, I will assume that my logic is solid, just as you do.
>>
>>53566289
By spells do you mean "non-SCAG cantrips"? Because EKs have a fucking terrible number of spells known and castable. You'll be shooting little firepuffs 95% of your time.

If that sounds good to you, go ahead. But you're not going to be able to use Shield Master's bonus action because it requires you to take the Attack action, which doesn't work with spellcasts even if you're doing SCAG stuff like GFB.
>>
>>53566304
Excuse me but are you a proctologist?
Until you show me a timestamp of your medical license you have no right to make such statements.
>>
>>53566304
If it's truly illeagal to say you're a grade A autist then call the cyber police pal
>>
File: wew2.png (307KB, 794x549px) Image search: [Google]
wew2.png
307KB, 794x549px
>>53566254
>>
>>53566332
>When used in this format, especially in the context of fucking 4chan, makes you sound like someone who knows something about psychology.
Except I don't and I never said that. You just made up bullshit to create a strawman. That isn't my fault.
>>
File: whooo.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
whooo.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>53566344
>>
>>53565919
I was thinking of doing container & slot based inventory for my next game. Thing is, I'm not sure it adds a whole lot to the game.
>>
>>53566304
Catch 22 to the white courtesy phone, please.
>>
>>53566345
Already done. Stop posting stupid anime shit. You, too, >>53566347.
>>53566333
>Because EKs have a fucking terrible number of spells known and castable

Here we go, another faggot whining about how Eldritch Knight is garbage, and how le ebin 4e fighter and his ebin superiority dice as so much better. Oh shit you can disarm someone! Wow!
>>
>>53566348
>That isn't my fault.
Hey! Crazy people say that too!
>>
>>53566333
I was picking shield master so I could blow myself up without fear. but doing just 1d8 with no mod for my regular attacks doesn't sound very fun.
>>
File: 1496371654895938609593.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1496371654895938609593.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>53566286
>>
>>53561201
Wand of Wonders
Hell or Hell mode: Wand of 1000 Wonders
>>
>>53566412
Fuck, looks like im the retarded one, dunno what happened there
>>
>>53566348
>>53566348

If you look reaaallly closely, you can see a discrepancy here. Trust me on this one.
>>
>>53566380
If you're going to be dropping Fireballs on yourself as an EK and relying on Shield Master's reaction-Evasion, you'r egoing to want more Dex. The Proficiency-to-Dex doesn't work on your AoEs because they're not "targeting only you".

So you could make a Dex-based EK and do that, but now you're probably short the Strength requirements to move in Heavy Armor without being slowed down. Unless you're a Dwarf.

Your cantrips will still go up in damage as you level, but yes, you never will get your Int mod to damage, RAW. If I were your DM I'd just give it to you, though.
>>
>>53566370
Eldritch Knight is fine, but you absolutely can't use your spells as your main damage dealer.
>>
>>53566420
Sorry I made a typo, it's actually Wand of 10,000 Wonders.
>>
>druid archer
Can it be decent?
Naturally, seems like multiclassing into ranger would be helpful. But losing capstone abilities sounds like shit.

Instead, thinking of just using a bow instead of cantrips for my "at-will" damage. Eventually could buff it with fire arrow (but it's a shit spell). The main draw would be doing shit like bones of the earth for high ground and fun shit like that.

But most likely I think I'd try to use faerie-fire + SS most often.
>>
>>53566412
China poster confirmed
which area of chongland are you from?
>>
>>53566344
Based anon.
>>
Anyone know how to get complete control of the wyrm skull throne?
>>
File: wew3.png (36KB, 350x204px) Image search: [Google]
wew3.png
36KB, 350x204px
>>53566370
Sounds like it triggers you.
>>
This is why we make threads before we slide to page 5+. Everything past 320 posts or so is terrible.
>>
File: 1495665307380.png (320KB, 700x1337px) Image search: [Google]
1495665307380.png
320KB, 700x1337px
Our game is rapidly approaching and I still can't think of a fun class to play. We could really use another frontline character but I just can't seem to think of one that I would have fun playing.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>53566580
we don't know what you think is fun, anon.
>>
>>53566580
don't underestimate how fun being a big stupid barbarian can be
>>
>turn on critical shit
>everyone looks horribly depressed
>>
>>53566591
What do you think is fun?
>>
>>53566597
They're in the middle of a pretty shit character arc desu
But actually, seems like the cast is enjoying it
>>
>>53566580
roll for class
>>
>>53566617
well i had a lot of fun as an Arcane Trickster, an EDK, and a Forge Cleric, but that's me.
>>
>>53566641
What's the other front line?
>>
>>53566647
A berserker barbarian.
>>
>>53566617
If you get clever, thief's bonus item use every turn is a smorgasbord of fun.
EK can be fun, as can a big dumb barbarian. Really it depends on how you wanna play
>>
>>53559631
But you haven't thrown on the ancients paladin's ensnaring vines yet.
>>53559932
Maybe the 3rd time's the charm. But don't force yourself, I suppose.
[/spoiler]Only 34. What'm I in for?[/spoiler]
>>
>>53566647
for the EDK i was the sole front liner, for the others we had a fighter or barbarian
>>
>>53566677
>>53566657
So how about a paladin?
Oath of ancients? Be the jolly grandpa everyone wants to have around.
>>
>>53566699
sure
>>
>>53566457
>not the wand of 6 gorillion wonders
>>
>>53566718
>not wand of 6 Gorilla Wonders
>>
>>53566708
It's actually pretty fun, and you'll help the party a shit ton just by existing.
>>
>>53566734
>wand of harambe xd
>>
>>53566734
tell me anon
What ARE the six gorrila wonders that I must now use in my campaign?
>>
>>53566734
>Wand of 6 gorilla wonders
>Just a big monkey's paw with an extra finger
>>
File: 1478658860889.jpg (91KB, 638x732px) Image search: [Google]
1478658860889.jpg
91KB, 638x732px
>>53566747
let me tell you all about it goyim
>>
>>53566747
this: >>53566754
>>
Are any of my fellow fa/tg/uys willing to help a retarded Anon figure out how to set up a revenant tiefling? The wording for these unearthed arcana are still fucking with my mind.
>>
>>53566460
Your bow won't be your flashy big thing ever, but it's fine enough to be a druid and use a bow as your ranged weapon.
>>
>>53566747
>a really big gorilla
>a really fast gorilla
>a really smart gorilla
>a really strong gorilla
>a really angry gorilla
>a really slutty gorilla
>>
>>53566788
Gorilla Wonder 6 is OP, imagine unleashing THAT against the enemy.
>>
Is there any way to make a Kobold melee fighter viable?
The lack of finesse weapons is rather disappointing.
Or is Kobold just a complete dumpster fire of a race?
>>
File: 1472868655683.png (222KB, 345x247px) Image search: [Google]
1472868655683.png
222KB, 345x247px
>>53566788
>>53566798
You called?
>>
>>53566825
Use crappy Dex weapons like a basic dagger. Level up once or twice. Tell DM that you want to use a specially made, finesse weapon, like a unique longsword or polearm designed for fluid motions.
>>
File: 0d2.png (122KB, 398x309px) Image search: [Google]
0d2.png
122KB, 398x309px
I have a few questions about monk.
1: stun doesn't have any sort of "I can slap you out of it?" sort of stipulation does it? Cause our DM said it did but I didn't see anything saying that. Obviously I'm referring to stunning fist.
2: Does monk just suck? I hit level 7 and I gotta tell ya, I still feel kinda sucky in comparison to everyone else. I'm going shadow monk also.
>>
>>53566935
1.) no, stunning fist does NOT have an out.
2.) No, monk is just a different type of fighter, more of a rogue, your goal is to weave in and out of combat doing surgical strikes.
>>
Proficiency bonus scales with total level, not class level. Do attribute increases also happen based on total level, or is it locked to class level? Eg., if I'm a level 3 barbarian and multiclass into bard, do I still get the attribute increase?
>>
>>53567025
no, they are class rewards
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>53567025
By class, not total level.
Class level is your total level really, if youre 3/3 rogue and fighter, you're technically not level 6, youre 3/3

Thats the understanding i got from the book anyways
>>
>>53567025
Locked to class level, can't have your cake and eat it too
>>
>>53567054
NOW
>>53567073
>>53567073
>>53567073
>>
>>53566163
It's like I had a spirit animal, but they were far more autistic than I could handle so I just let them have at it.
>>
>>53566412
don't stop man, I'm having too much fun laughing at you.
>>
>>53566580
Warforged Stone Sorcerer. High HP, High AC, at lvl6 can TP and protect an ally as reaction. Can use pure melee spells or just use any of the 5 different smites you get by level 5. I can't wait to play this on my next run.
Thread posts: 420
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.