[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Vampire V20 chronic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1481535876749.jpg (107KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481535876749.jpg
107KB, 600x480px
Whats up fellow fa/tg/uys.

I know you all hate the WoD yada yada...

Anyways i will start a new chronic and my Problem is me and my players are from germany.

I would like to have a chronic here but the suspension of disbelief doesn't allow that. Even with the WoD effect here is far to less shit that could qualify as Vampir shit (Gang shootouts etc.).

So i might be forced to create a City in the US.

What City is interesting in the states (from a vampiristic Point of view).

Oh and ofc you are Welcome to tell me Why i am retarded and Germany is a great place to create a WoD setting in.
>>
Assamites moving in with refugees to take the largely Camarilla controlled cities. Gangrel in the black forest start moving in to the fresh food source. All sorts of politics ensue.
>>
I guess Chicago or San Jose, or maybe even Scottsdale. Those places are known for being extremely permissive, or at least have shitty cops and government, so that would make it easier for you to do plots where really overtly bad stuff is going on with the Kindred but don't want mortal interference.
>>
>>53552865
Some more infos:

4-5 players

2-3 (depending if one participates) with some experience in PnPs but not in vampire

2 are pretty much complete newbies

I plan to shit on the 1 vampire per 100.000 humans rule. My City probably will have more vamps.

Couple of reasons why:

1. Elders have herds of humans so they don't Really count here.

2. I mostly view the suburbs and close smaller cities as belonging to the large city (from a vampiristic Point of view).

3. I think having more Npcs to Work with is very benefitial.
>>
>>53552950
My advice as a WoD player and DM : pick a city you and your players know, preferably very well
It helps you because you have less shit to make up on the fly and it helps your players because they can come up with heaps more creative solutions based on the environment
Also Germany is a great setting for WoD and a fresh change in a game world that's usually completely US centric
>>
>>53552900

The refugees here mostly do low Level shit like thieving and having drunken brawls.

The general idea is pretty nice. In my head Germany is populated far more than the US. So its much harder for outsiders to get a foot in the door. The vampires moving with the refugees (basically refugees themselves because war is shitty for vamps) have no Way of acquiring power or territory. The German vamps on the other hand want to get their hands and claws on this nice ressource as quick as possible. A large group of people mainstream society tries to overlook a lot of them not even registered? Sounds like vampire Bingo to me. So you could have a lot of war and politics there i guess.

>>53552944
Nice thank you. Scottsdale and San Jose Sound interesting these cities aren't well known here and a shitty Police Force is Really nice for vamps.

>>53552994
Well the players aren't familiar with the WoD so the US and Germany both will be a fresh new take for them.

I am a little worried about playing in a City i know. Isn't it Kind of ridiciolus and immersion Breaking?
>>
>>53553208
I'm not sure I'm following you
Why would it be ridiculous or break immersion, in your opinion ?
As you said, it's WoD, not the real world, you can take liberties with the people you place in that town, add and delete details, make it so that the police is much shittier, decide that shopping mall X has been abandonned for "safety reasons" and has been in works for years (actually bought by vampires and used as an HQ), for example
What it gives you is a solid framework to expand upon, knowledge about the city you can't get from maps and the internet, and a deeper grounding in reality. You know what neighbourhoods are good and bad, how the car traffic is, etc ... and urban navigation is essential to games like WoD
If you have some untold horror ravage a bar or hospital in Chicago in your game, you don't create the same sense of dread as if it's the bar down the street where your players hang out, or the hospital where you got your appendix removed
>>
>>53552865
Fuck off, frogposter.
>>
>>53553512
True. On the other hand I worry that it feels stupid too have vampires fight where i normally do my shopping you know?

But actually you have a good point. Using a well known city makes Stuff easier.

>>53553527
Jesus i just needed a Picture quickly.
>>
>>53553598
Google takes less than ten seconds.
There's never an excuse to frogpost.
>>
>>53553598
>it feels stupid to have vampires fight where I normally do my shopping
This is why they tend not to, unless they have a real advantage. The Kindred way is to backstab and murder in the dark, to bullshit and call in favours.
>>
>>53553649
True. But most shit is here is boring and bureaucratic. The Kind of Stories you tell in vampire doesn't seem to fit here you know.
>>
>>53553649
This
Vampires shouldn't be constantly fighting balls out to deal with their opponents
Politicking and discrete wetwork is much more common

Also, think about it
Isn't it kind of terrifying to think that occult organizations could have a bloody battle to the death two streets from your home and that in the morning, everything has been cleaned up ? Putting horror in mundane places usually only serves to reinforce it
Even better if it seems stupid at first, because the contrast that arises when shit gets really serious is even more marked
>>
>>53553704
You can always add stuff, your WoD town doesn't have to be as quiet as your irl town

If you wanna keep it that way, ask yourself why is it so boring
Maybe something terrible lurks at night, maybe all serious troublemakers are captured and used as blood bags by the Camarilla ... you're supposed to be a DM, show some imagination
>>
>>53553723
>>53553765

>Politicking and discrete wetwork is much more common

You can always add stuff, your WoD town doesn't have to be as quiet as your irl town

>If you wanna keep it that way, ask yourself why is it so boring

>Maybe something terrible lurks at night, maybe all serious troublemakers are captured and used as blood bags by the Camarilla ... you're supposed to be a DM, show some imagination

Well you are right. I was to closeminded. Waith some WoD magic i could reasonably pull off enough dark shit to have an interesting vampire chronic.

>Maybe something terrible lurks at night

I really like that idea. Maybe the city (you have convinced me it will be cologne where i currently live and which is big enough to be interesting) is stalked by one of these vampires who have to eat their victims. So people are cautious to go out at night.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.