[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These people are pathetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 14

File: Screenshot_2016-02-13_22.09.00.jpg (115KB, 1200x831px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-13_22.09.00.jpg
115KB, 1200x831px
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/06/40k-8th-edition-5-early-takeaways.html

>"The Sameness of Units is a Feature – not a bug, Get ready for the general homogenous-ness of all units in the game!"

>"The grand unified stat-lines and the updated toughness/strength chart means the game is going to feel closer to a tabletop version of Dawn of War."

>"Apocalypse games are also known for their incredible number of casualties, with only the dregs of both armies still slugging it out in the final turns. I think 8th will have this vibe."

These are actual quotes from the article attempting to defend 8th edition, the kiddyfied cash grab after multiple editions of kiddyfication and cash grabbing.

Please god let this be the last edition of 40k so we can finally keep these people out of wargaming and alone playing "vidya" where they belong.
>>
File: goofygoober.jpg (51KB, 640x393px) Image search: [Google]
goofygoober.jpg
51KB, 640x393px
I wanted a picture with actual gore but there are rules...
>>
>>53552659
Not until 40fags know the pain of their game wiped away and replaced with ass-cancer will we have any mutual ground to stand on.
You chose to keep supporting GW, now sleep on the bed you made.
>>
>>53552659
Are those the kids of some of the employees or something? Why do they keep using them?
>>
>>53552659
>>"The grand unified stat-lines and the updated toughness/strength chart means the game is going to feel closer to a tabletop version of Dawn of War."
Yeah because last Dawn of War was such a good game
>>
>>53552768
They used them for exactly one photoshoot.
>>
This place is already engulfed in the memes that are born out of the video games. /tg/ has no right to complain.
>>
File: prince_george.jpg (52KB, 249x367px) Image search: [Google]
prince_george.jpg
52KB, 249x367px
>>53552659
I want the immature scum stay quarantined in the GW marketing bubble, and away from my classy appreciated-GW-for-a-time-but-opened-up-to-alternatives crowd.
>>
>>53552659
>These are actual quotes from the article attempting to defend 8th edition, the kiddyfied cash grab after multiple editions of kiddyfication and cash grabbing.
40k is a children's game. It doesn't matter if you're a manchild, the game isn't marketed towards you.
>>
File: 1495568549832.png (127KB, 254x324px) Image search: [Google]
1495568549832.png
127KB, 254x324px
>>53552937

>You have to assemble and paint your own 28mm figs
>kids game

Okay I guess.
>>
>>53553028
>You have to assemble and paint your own 28mm figs
wow, you glued some pieces together and edge highlighted, only a sophisticated and mature individual could accomplish that
>>
>>53553028
Who else finds the AoS and Numarine aesthetic pleasing?
Also they can just have dad do it.
>>
>>53553028
Of all they shit you could have said, you went for the dumbest.
Shit man, kids do have hands, and you don't have to be good at it anyway.
>>
>>53553028
I did that as a kid. Now that I am no longer one I have moved on to different games.
>>
>>53552768
The way photoshoots work is you hire someone and take a metric ton of pictures with them. Doing more than one shoot is more expensive than doing tons of pictures in one shoot.

The reason it's a white girl and black guy (as is expected of the media) is because the parents of those sorts are much more likely to push their kids into sources of easy money, chances are that black boy's parents are gentrified black people or he's adopted for example.
>>
>>53552659
If you don't like 40k, why do you care ifnpeople who like 40k play it? I mean, in the grand scale, if all of these "kiddies" you hate are playing a game you hate, doesn't that mean they aren't playing the game or games you do play, therefore is doesn't matter whether or not 40k is around?

In just don't get where you are coming from, man.
>>
>>53553248
becuase if I invested money in to w40k stuff, then I want GW to make a game using the stuff I paid for that is fun to play, and not fun to play if you play marines/eldar, because they update them over and over again.

I mean have you see the summer stuff? Buy more, paint more, influence w40k world.. great right? only chaos has old models for most of their stuff, and 1ksons and DG are fringe factions. On the other hand marines are getting their actual codex in the 2ed week of the campaign. I wonder who is going to win <_<
>>
>>53553377
>if I invested money
You did not invest anything. You spent money. On a hobby. If that hobby does not live up to your expectations then that is your very personal loss. Either look for a different hobby or continue to lose.
>>
>>53553377
Cry me a river, my tau are no longer a viable faction anymore.
>>
>>53553409
whiny faggot. You just have to learn to play them instead of spamming undercoated units.

I bet codices will be all broken all over again because GW will need to pander to all these pieces of shit
>>
>>53553424
>learn to play
Fuck off I'm not buying marines or more stormsurges.
>>
>>53553409
Oh no how sad for you. Now you know what it's like to be an ork or tyranid player.
>>
>>53553430
is not what I was implying.
I played against tau since 3rd, riptides arrived in 6th.
The people in my group managed to b competitive even without the Fish.
Gee I do wonder how they did it. Perhaps they learned to play the army and synergize the units..
>>
>>53552659
When you get out of bed in the morning, do you just gulp down a full bottle of vinegar?

Who devastated your anus, anon?
>>
File: stop posting.png (39KB, 279x453px) Image search: [Google]
stop posting.png
39KB, 279x453px
>Visiting Bell of Lost Cucks
>Ever
>>
>>53553458
Markerlights ain't worth shit, and combined arms with a squishy unit just so my bloated and useless riptide can hit on a coinflip? How fair.
Oh and plasma rifles have no ap so there's no point in massing them.
It's shit, all of it. Can only play against other people that also want to pillow fight with fluffy armies instead of playing a game proper.
But this is okay because it's not your force.
>>
>>53553028
This might shock you, but before the Age of Tablets, model building was a very popular pastime for children.
>>
>>53552659
In all fairness, the current sameness isn't something that should be used against the edition.
3rd had the same problem at first.
Wait until they release the codices, then if it's still bland and flavorless with them we've got a trend.
The fact that they're charging us for these temporary rules is another story entirely and yet another cashgrab from good old GW
>>
>>53553248
I like 40k when it's good. Problem is it's getting harder and harder to find people to play 4e, since that was a decade ago, but that was the last time the game was good. I'm going to try 8th, it can't be as bad as 6th was, but hopes are low.

>>53553409
I know that new Tau players haven't had to play without a high tier codex for a while, but you'll figure it out. You're not Orknid-in-7th bad. Hell, I doubt you're even Tyranids after crud in 5th bad.
>>
>>53553409
nice. my csm haven't been viable since 3ed, what I have been told, because I haven't played in 3ed. On the other hand both GW and their store dudes always kept telling "there is going to be an update" "stuff will get better" "buy this and it will work fine". I bought every book and expansion they made for chaos since the 4th ed codex, and they were never good. On the other hand tau players had good fun for 4-5 years right?
I mean the fuckers made a legion book, I started buying models for it and 6months later it is no longer legal.
>>53553404
there must be a different definition of spending in your country. Because where I live, if I spend money, I expect something good for it. We do not throw out money out of the window.
>>
40kids really are the whiniest demographic in traditional games.
Is there even a single subdemographic of them that isn't currently complaining that they got nerfed into irrelevancy? It seems like they are rotating through three topics at the moment

>Manletmarines
>MY FACTION SUCKS NOW
>Geedubs applied a new paintjob, removed a horn and stuck a pennant on top, so it's the worst edition yet!
>>
>wierd /pol/ talk about gentrification and kids photos
>Salty immature asshurt about much needed rules over haul
>Muh sekrit clubs
>Normies get out reee

Is this the worst thread on /the/ right now? I think so. Y'all niggas is some charicatures
>>
>>53553749
>Because where I live, if I spend money, I expect something good for it. We do not throw out money out of the window.
Why the fuck do you play GW games then? Did you go on /tg/, read all those threads relentlessly shitting on GW and 40k and think "Why, yes, THIS is a sound way to invest my money"?
>>
>>53552837
Its pretty great actually
>>
>>53553801
I had no internet when I started to play. I started it because everyone else was starting.the thing is out of 4 of my friends and me.They picked marines, eldar and eldar, and I was left with the option of starting either metal GKs, and even I knew they were shit with 0 xp in playing table tops and chaos, which was suppose to be updated to be good soon as everyone at the store was telling me. And after 2 years of buying stuff and trying to make chaos work in 5th ed, I had a ton of stuff and 0 fun. So later I just bought the rule books and few models like the drake or spawn. But even when it was the high day of drakes, I had no fun, because my store put a limit of 1 flyer per army to make it "balanced for other armies".
>>
>>53553880
So why did you keep buying if you had no fun? Are you the totem animal of /tg/ or something?
>>
>>53553749
>Because where I live, if I spend money, I expect something good for it
and you got the minis.

GW are under no obligation to meet your standards of entertainment.
>>
>>53553749
Isn't that why people play hours heresy?
>>
>>53553906
>GW are under no obligation to meet your standards of entertainment.
It doesn't, and that's why I'll just continue to not give a fuck about GW and their games.
>>
>>53553597

>get the rules for 4 armies for half the price of a codex
>"MONEY GRUBBING GW REEEEEE"

Christ, do you ever get tired of forcing yourself to cry over nothing?
>>
>>53552837
Wtf are you talking about it was great
>>
>>53553903
Because I expected that if a company makes stuff that costs that much, they do not want their game to die, and people stop buying their stuff. And that they will fix their shit. And I almost thought they were going to do it. Give legion rules to chaos, then nerf marines/tau/eldar in 8th. But they did exactly the opposit, they removed the characterful stuff from chaos, made it so that you more or less have to play demons and marines. And am sure the first updated books for 8th are going to be marines. Probably followed by the chad marines or eldar.

>>53553906
yeah, and what about the rules that didn't work, that you have to buy to play the game. That is like selling someone a car, that has an engine that explodes after 10m and saying that you bought the car, so be happy.
>>
>>53553960
>temporary betatest rules you have to pay for until the codexes are released
Good goy, keep defending GW.
>>
If kids dont play 40k the hobby will die out after all the rogue trader era grognards die of obesity
>>
>>53553981

It was this or let people sit in the lurch with literally unplayable armies for months or years on end. There's no way every army could get a simultaneous full codex release in a game this size.
>>
>>53554002
Kids will use them for AoS, which means 40k will go through its own massive end of the universe and gets reimagined as part of AoS where the emperor is a fieldable model due to the lack of sales.
Eventually everything will go back to square bases for the ever larger models until GW just sells space marine action figures with the occasional xenos big bad.
>>
>>53554026
It's hilarious you say that because it used to be just like that.
>>
>>53554026

At least in AoS, Fantasy Battle factions got free rules :I
>>
>>53552659
>"The Sameness of Units is a Feature – not a bug, Get ready for the general homogenous-ness of all units in the game!"
I'm still holding out hope that the codices will add flavor. But I'm probably just setting myself up for disappointment.
>>
>>53553523
Welcome the the world of most of other armies.
But GW will listen to you crybabies anyway, you will have a broken codex and this edition will go to shit in 1 year max.
>>
What's wrong with simpler rules? It isnt like previous edition rules had any depth or offered tactical and clever options. It was just a bloated unbalanced mess that caused nothi g but problems.
>>
>>53553028
Dude everyone started warhams as a kid wtf.
>>
>>53554095
In WHFB for Ravening Hordes in 6th edition.
RH was very good, too, and even simpler than what we got this time.
But whiners gonna whine.
>b-but shill
No, the designers are hack, there are clear problems and I think we will get unbalancing codices very soon, but the amount of stuff we got at once is huge, people have to understand this.
>>
>>53554067
40k circa 3rd edition isn't remotely comparable to the size of the game today. Don't be obtuse.

>>53554095
You got what you paid for, too.
>>
>>53554106
I'll kill myself if it doesn't happen
>>53554055
I'll kill myself if this happen
>>
Thank god fat bloke saved and extracted most of the nottingham crew.

tfw the rules will get even more dunce than 8th and you will see pre painted gw models in your lifetime
>>
>>53552659
>multiple editions of kiddyfication

I'm sorry, what the hell are you on about?
>>
>>53553981
GW EARLY ACCESS

THANKS GABEN
>>
>>53554148
The rules aren't actually simpler by a long shot. I don't know why people are perpetuating this meme, it's just the same thing GW has done since third edition: Take the old ruleset, shake a few things up, introduce one major change, presto, new edition. It's still mostly 3rd Edition at heart and for every streamlined rule, there's one new thing that complicates something.
>>
>>53554155
I paid for Fantasy, not AoS. So no I didn't get what I paid for.
>>
>>53554186
everything after 2nd has been gradual iterations of dumbing down
>>
>>53554190
>Universal Special Rules out are
>We're just going to call Feel No Pain 50 different things!
>Simpler!
>>
>>53553137
>only a sophisticated and mature individual could accomplish that

Has 40k ever been "sophisticated"? Really?

Sure sounds like OP would be better enjoy a long evening spent arguing through the Bolt Action rulebook with a glass of wine.
>>
>>53553139
Love the new marines. Stats and minis. Really should have been simply that. The new marine rules and sculpts. The rules suit the fluff and the size suits the fluff. Ever since 40k moved beyond a skirmish game in 3rd, marines should have the primaris stats.

The primaris fluff though is a joke. The timeline progression has been hamfisted and inconsequential.
>>
>>53554209
Yoda stop playing 40k.
>>
>>53554213
I never said I play current 40k, in fact I implied that I didnt when I said I hope it collapses and stops bringing in low IQ shitstains into wargaming. The fact that you cant read suggests you might be one of them, lol.
>>
>>53554213
>tfw not enough tall tin models or friends to play Kriegspiel or Little wars with as we get drunk and start flinging old insults at each other
>>
>>53553028
You would make a dreadful parent.
I sincerely hope you never have children so that you don't inflict your moronic assumptions about how talentless and unimaginative they are upon them.
>>
>>53554213
>bolt action
>his idea of sophisticated

hahaha
>>
>>53553749

Wait, so let me get this straight:

You bought some plastic miniatures in 1998 and now you're arbitrarily butthurt because of a long-overdue refreshing update 19 years later?

That doesn't even begin to make the least bit of sense.

a) the fucking rules aren't even out yet
b) shouldn't you be LOOKING FORWARD to a huge reboot? If you'd spent any time paying attention to AoS you would know that GW adopted community-made tournament systems and rules for the Generals Handbook. They've done a fantastic job of listening to the players and using their feedback in the design of the game.
c) fuck you and the pocket money you spent 19 years ago, you aren't entitled to SHIT.

Seriously, go watch Naruto or something.
>>
>>53554209
>Universal Special Rules out are
This alone should be a giant red flag flying in the face of anyone thinking 8th Edition is "simpler" or sleeker to play.
>>
>>53553934
>I'll just continue to not give a fuck about GW and their games

...Clearly
>>
>>53554322
>refreshing
>looking forward to AoS rules
Oi vey.
>>
>>53554229
Make me, why don't you hmmmm?
>>
>>53554194

Then why the AoS comparison you colossal faggots?
>>
>>53554282
ah you got me! Well done buddy.

Anyway, care to explain what you define as a sophisticated and swanky wargame that you'd prefer everyone else to play?
>>
>>53554366
Because 8th is AoS in space.
Fitting since before it played like Fantasy in space.
>>
Abandon thread, obvious waste of time.

Nothing to see here except bait.
>>
>>53552659

Out of curiosity, what age did everyone get into 40k and fantasy?

I was like 11 or 12
>>
>>53554497

fantasy at the same age, stopped after 2 years and now doing 40K for about 3 years
>>
>>53554322
>rules
literally just scenarios
The actual rules are the same shit as before
>>
>>53554497
20ish I think, had been faintly aware of it but didn't get into it for a while, been on the train ever since
>>
>>53552659
>b-but I wanted everything now
well guess what? You're a moron. There was literally 0% chance of getting every 'full' codex at release. Not with this short a delay. Like every product of every company ever, if you want to be cost-efficient AND somewhat fast, you have to sacrifice quality. If you don't reach balance between those 3 elements (quality, cost, delivery), I hope you're a billionaire because your product will cost a shit-ton, your project will fail and your company will die.
>b-but they could have waited longer to release everything, I would have waited for better quality because I'm that smart
Well, you aren't their only customer faggot, and in case you didn't notice, people are less and less patient in the era of instant communication and 2-day-delivery-from-China. The way people begged for leaks is another proof of that if anything. And even if everyone was okay to wait for even more content: how do you convince the shareholders to pay everyone and invest in a project that returns NOTHING for YEARS, and won't return more than the current shit you do? Pro-tip: ur a faget seriously do I have to tell what the tip is? YOU FUCKING CAN'T

>>53554067
and how is it a good thing? Can't you see this was a problem, and the solution they bring there answer to this problem?

This guy >>53554150 is right. They can still fuck it up, but man did we have a shitload of content in one go.
>>
>>53554497
18. Though I was aware of it for far longer when I found Dawn of War on my cousin's computer.
>>
>>53554497
I guess around 16-17
>>
>>53554642
>writes wall text butthurt reply to some stuff OP didnt say

What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>53554497
Both around 12.
>>
>>53554316
BA has kinda a consistency and balance.

I mean it's like KoW to WHFB.
>>
>>53554497
2 years for me.
>>
>>53554827
copy of 40K 2 editions ago that was slightly modified?
>>
>>53554209
Fuck, I've been saying this since the beginning, and it's proven true. Even in the same damn army; Haruspex and Swarmlord both have the same rule where if they die they can cause mortal wounds within 3", but one is called Death Throes and the other Monstrous Death. Fucking hell.

>But anon, without USRs, you only have to worry about your own rules!
I already only have to worry about my own rules. I didn't know what Crusader did until I played someone else who had it. Didn't know the exact operation of outflank until I got something with it. All 8th does is make it harder for you to know everything about enemy armies unless you buy their books, because it's no longer as simple as "this unit causes rending."
>>
>>53554871
Yep exactly.
>>
>>53553490
came here to post this

>>53554497
about 15
>>
>>53554917
>Alright my guy rolled a 6 triggering gratuitous tearing
>What?
>Extra AP on a 6
>Oh, exactly like my Armor Annihilation special rule!
>If only there was some way not to have to come up with a new name for the exact same rule! Nah, that'd be complicated compared to this efficient system.
>>
>>53554497
6th grade.
I miss the old site with the cool scenarios such as dwarves vs ogres.
>>
I would like you could take 1 troop choices and SEVEN HQs by taking a Supreme command detachment and a patrol detachment. This is possible, yes?
>>
File: GW.png (80KB, 1076x170px) Image search: [Google]
GW.png
80KB, 1076x170px
>>53552659
>Please god let this be the last edition of 40k
Amen.
>>
>>53553028
>being this far into denial
Yea it's a Fucking kids game. You are literally playing with little plastic toy soldiers.
>>
>>53554642
>a solution is to make people pay for the beta
Did you know that every other company gives those out for free?
Because it's not even a finished product, just a stopgap measure that are invalidated once the actual army books come out.
But no, we should be glad to give even more money to GW.
>>
>>53554497
I was 11 or 12, had to get a paper route to pay for my models since my parents didn't like it and wouldn't buy them for me. I fuckng cringe when I see people having their parents buy them that shit. This hobby really is full of disgusting man children
>>
>>53553404
This is bullshit.

The point of the hobby is not to buy models. Your consumption is playing with the models. When you buy models you are investing in future fun with those models.

And GW has taken that investment away.
>>
>>53555025
Just watch, 10th is going to come around in like 2025 and they'll return to USRs. People will rejoice and say it's so much easier and removes rules bloat.
>>
This shit is hilarious. Nothing is more entertaining at the moment than reading all the grognard salt. Seeing all you angry cucks just makes me want to buy more shit.
>>
>>53554917
>But anon, without USRs, you only have to worry about your own rules!

Because this works out so well for Warmahordes and Malifaux. Fucking hell.
In all of 40k there were exactly two praiseworthy ideas: USRs and the FOC and ever since 5th Edition they've been doing their damndest to kill both of them.
>>
>>53555215
>gw has taken that investment away
They haven't? You can still use all your old models?
>>
>>53553906
>GW are under no obligation to meet your standards of entertainment.
Why do people still give their money to such a shitty company???
>>
>>53555215
Speak for yourself. More often than not I buy models to paint and enjoy. Having a game to go along with it all is just a bonus for me.
>>
>>53555184
>tfw started when I was 12
>tfw spent all my little pocket money I got when I helped my parents doing chores
>tfw have a good salary now
>fantasy is dead
>not much time to play or paint anyway
>>
>>53553028
No one said they had to do them well. Hell, all the kids I went to school with got into Yugioh and didn't know a fucking thing about the game but still just slapped shit down on the table and yelled like the anime. Stop by the WIP general sometime if you wanna see some horror story minis people put together and painted as kids.
>>
>>53555255
>t.redditor
>>
>>53555255
>Buying shit so you can imagine making people angry online by spending your own money
Please refrain from posts like this in the future. /tg/ is an escapist board, and there's nothing further from escapism than realizing how pathetic some people's lives truly are.
>>
>>53555333
Far from it, thanks. I just enjoy salt in general, but 40k salt is the best kind.
>>
>>53555255
Nice try redshirt. No bonus for you.
>>
>>53555284
>I buy models to enjoy
Christ, what a sad piece of shit you must be.
>>
>>53555255
This is seriously how I feel about it.

How emotionally invested in your warhammer armies are you grognards? I've been playing 40k since 3rd ed and I'm more excited for this edition than any changes before.

More focus on fun and keeping games quick. It's my dream. 40k 7th got so tedious I have literally just called it with too many of my games before they're over because they've taken so long.

Less overcomplicated rules also makes it easier to get my mates to play, which is great since there are so many fuckwit autists at my local games store.
>>
>>53553409
Play a different wargame with the miniatures.
>>
>>53554497
>>
Man what the fuck are you stupid niggers bitching about now?
>>
>>53553409
Kill yourself
>>
>>53556228
These are the things I'm also most excited about. Simple streamlined rules are a good way to go.

But I'm also worried about the actual feel of the gameplay. To me AoS felt rather shallow experience. Your tactical choices are some cheap tricks in gameplay that are unrealistic and outcome of game is determined mostly by list building.

If 40k becomes that, it will be simple and fast, but shallow and counter-intuitive experience.
>>
Nothing new for BoLS. You shouldn't expect anything different from GW either. Their game designers are paid minimum wage and everyone who was actually creative left the company a while ago.
>>
>>53556398
>Man what the fuck are you stupid niggers bitching about now?
How unfair it is that GW keeps bringing the two kids in the OP back to take a single photo of them once each month.
>>
I don't see what's the problem with any of the OP's quote.

It's green texted so it's gotta be strawman, stupid, or an rp story tiem, but I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>53552659
>7th ed
complain that 40k is imba

>8th ed
complain that 40k is balanced

im okay with this
>>
>>53558144
It's not balanced, it's boring
>>
>>53558157
i disagree
>>
So, basically, people are bitching about/praising the game before they've even played 8th ed.

Chill the fuck out you stupid gits.
>>
File: 1496113693673.jpg (53KB, 610x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496113693673.jpg
53KB, 610x600px
>>53558236
No.
>>
>>53558348
I refuse to believe these are all taufags.
They're just whiny fa/tg/uys who do this every time something changes.

We hardly have nobledark age of emperor. Things are more or less as they were. The rules look pretty decent, they're not spaghetti nonsense anymore. They didn't force Fem-marines down our craws. Geedubs is actually responding to community feedback.

What the fuck else do you want? A reacharound by Rountree himself?
>>
>>53558395
>we don't have age of the emperor
>same rules though
Someone's snapped.
>responding to community feedback
I'm laffin'.
>>
>>53552935
>classy appreciated-GW-for-a-time-but-opened-up-to-alternatives crowd

In other words, idiots who genuinely believe most people aren't smart enough to use the internet to discover the world of miniatures in general.
>>
>>53558471
Most people aren't smart enough to resist the urge to pay for micro transactions on phones or do more than look at ads to see what games they're gonna buy.
What's your point?
>>
>>53552659
>Is the case of a manchild grongnard getting mad at the game.
>>
>>53552659
>"homogenous-ness"
Homogeneity is a word.
>>
>>53558525
>Most people aren't smart enough to resist the urge to pay for micro transactions on phones or do more than look at ads to see what games they're gonna buy.
>What's your point?

You just made my point.
Don't let facts get in your way.
>>
>>53552931

And then disposed of them discreetly.
>>
>>53558471
Oi kid. Back then there hardly was a world of miniature games.
>>
>>53553028
I was assembling airplane models when I was 7. There is just a tiny bit more artistry to painting your own army in comparison (paint mixing, mainly).
>>
>>53558446
Similar but hardly the same.
They respond to feedback. We've literally witnessed it. Do you have a disability or are you just bitter the the point of denying reality?
>>
>>53553028
Modelling kits have been a child's hobby for the past 80 years anon, its also one of those things thats childish but that adults still do and enjoy.
>>
>>53552659
A girl and a niglet. What an accurate representation of 40k players that is.
>>
>>53553523
huh the plasma rifle has ap -3 or did you mean pulse rifle?
>>
>>53553137
>>53553164
>>53553560
>>53554149
>>53554303
>>53555117
>>53555320
>>53560264

So yall admit that you're all fucking upset about a LOLKIDS game that most of you fucks spent thousands of dollars on? Since it's a kids game, gotta be a kids story too?

40k players. Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>53552659
Have you ever tried... *not* playing 40k

...You worthless thunder cunt.
>>
>>53552766
And what of you, the sperglord that quits... but can't help but still going on about how much you hate it.

You are far, far worse than anyone you *think* you're shitting on. You figuratively have a tube from your own ass hole to your own mouth.

Eat shit and live, shit lord.
>>
>>53553794
There is nothing wrong with /pol/, they only speak the truth. If you hate the truth, than too bad
>>
>>53552768
Holy Fuck, some of you are straight up idiots. 1 picture. One.
>>
>>53554453
I'm still waiting for Skaven in Space.... come on GW!!!!!
>>
My group is still super hooked on 40k, so I'll give them a chance. I'm not buying any new models until I'm sure it's actually an improvement though.
>>
>>53552659
>Waaah! I can't just buy the latest cheese and win every game!

All I'm hearing is you have no sense of strategy or ability to win in a fair game
>>
>>53555215
You do know that you can still play 7th ed or wharever edition you want, right? Surely you are not stupid enough to not play the ruleset you enjoy the most just because it's not shiny and new.
>>
>>53556433
>Your tactical choices are some cheap tricks in gameplay that are unrealistic and outcome of game is determined mostly by list building.

Isn't that 40k in general?

Most IRL tactics involve creating advantageous situations for your troops by keeping your own movements hidden while gaining information about the enemy's movements. This is unfortunately not possible in a tabletop game where units are represented on the table through models which is why actual tactics are represented in tabletop games as abstractions via the rules.
>>
>>53561895

Yeah, but all the other players will move on, so it'll become harder and harder to find anyone playing 7th. And any new models won't have rules for that edition.

7th was trash anyhow.
>>
>>53562171

Chess/Draughts/Go don't have any hidden units, but there's still plenty of tactical depth.

With 40k lately, it's just been "use this one formation and you'll win."
>>
>>53562430
Chess is so far abstracted that saying its tactics are unrealistic seems redundant.
>>
>>53554497
16, was introduced after my friend told me it was Starcraft mixed with heavy metal and said to play Tyranid since it should feel similar to Zerg, and since I was asian, I might get a racial bonus to it.
>>
File: Homo.jpg (130KB, 722x525px) Image search: [Google]
Homo.jpg
130KB, 722x525px
>>53554322
>You bought some plastic miniatures in 1998 and now you're arbitrarily butthurt because of a long-overdue refreshing update 19 years later?

Don't try to reason with them. GW already said a million times over: they're a model company, not a rules company.

There are even 3 ways to play, and people still bitch. The fucking fluff-soaked Narrative play is overlooked by so many in favor of doing stupid shit like calculating the number of fucking conscripts it would take to kill a goddamned Land Raider. While hilarious, it should be taken for nothing more than a joke, but you have people taking it seriously.

Hey guess what? If people wanted a fucking exciting game of measuring charge distances by fractions of inches, checking LOS with laser pointers, and a 15 minute turn timer you're trying to beat while sitting in a stinking room at a balmy 86 degrees with 15 of your best sweaty friends all yelling at the top of their lungs so they can hear what your armor value is, the Warmachine General is right over there.

The changes to AOS were extremely positive, and I was an early adopter of AOS. Was there accommodation made for a competitive, points-based system out of the box? No. Was it added later? Yes. Is it balanced?

My response forever to this question is: name an active and growing system that is.

God damn, you could be digging fucking ditches in the sun, or staring at TPS reports at work, but instead you have the opportunity to paint and play some amazing looking miniatures in a fantastical world that a collection of people spent tens of thousands of collective hours writing into existence. YET people find room to complain. Unreal.

Calm your shit and find your gaming Zen you fucking faggots.
>>
>>53553409
Are tau legit shit now or are they simply no longer the best crunch and cheese wise.
>>
>>53553965
Actually, i'd be willing to bet the first ones are primaris and nurgle. Seeing as they've been hyping up mortarion coming back and primaris marines are new. They've also stated the only people getting shit this year are marines and chaos because the rest of us are npc's
>>
>>53562430
There is zero tactical depth in chess. It is an entirely strategic game.
>>
>>53562497

They are completely unrealistic. I'm just pointing out that you can have tactical games where everyone can see all the pieces. That's not the problem with 40k
>>
File: GEEDUBS.png (2MB, 1020x1248px) Image search: [Google]
GEEDUBS.png
2MB, 1020x1248px
>>53552766

This. Let it all burn. Let the 40kiddies suffer as we have suffered
>>
>>53562766

Whatever, the distinction between tactical and strategic is pretty subjective. The point is that there's no win-button in chess. There's several in 40k. Hopefully that changes, but it's only been getting worse up until now.
>>
File: 1440960138745.png (345KB, 727x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440960138745.png
345KB, 727x720px
>>53562659
>God damn, you could be digging fucking ditches in the sun, or staring at TPS reports at work
I don't pay money to do those things.
>instead you have the opportunity to paint and play some amazing looking miniatures in a fantastical world
For which I pay dearly.
>that a collection of people spent tens of thousands of collective hours writing into existence
On my dime.

How much do you get paid to write this drivel?
>>
>>53562857

pro-GW shills do it for free

they are in a cult, their minds have decayed to such a point that they will pay millions of dollars for the privilege of being raped by their corporate overlords and then spend their free time online defending those same overlords

Had their minds not shattered beneath the onslaught of cosmic horror that is post-2007 GW, they would have bailed out long ago
>>
>>53552659
Fantasy fan here. Not so fun now the shoe's on the other foot, huh?

Enjoy your Age of Emperor. :)
>>
>>53562955
Thanks anon, I will! The rules so far look great and the army size has gone down for a 2000pt army so its all good!.
>>
>>53562659
The question isn't an absolute. It's a relative question. Compared to other war games, past and present, how balanced is it? Nfi what the answer for AoS is, but the answer for 7th was pic related.
>>
40k was dead to me already, so this was basically the only thing they could have done to get me to play again.

Ill give it a try. I'm just glad the days of formations and mechas is over.
>>
>>53560554
gee anon sure showed them
>>
I want to go home
>>
>>53561895
I had to move to 7th because no one wanted to play 4th near me. And now they're all moving to 8th. I'm actually hyped for 8th so it doesn't matter much to me, but the people who liked 7th are going to be in the same boat and forced to move weather they like it or not.
>>
>>53562659
Agreed, people are unappreciative as all hell.
>>
>>53562993
Formations could've been an awesome way to introduce new playstyles (like unlocks in TF2) but instead they completely lost their mind with the buffs and made them unbeatable.

The game practically separated in two, formations and CAD.

Mechas are still there, they're just stupidly expensive and rare, like they should be.
>>
>>53563126
Being annoyed because they killed an expensive ruleset months after it's release is not "unappreciative."
>>
File: Good Luck.jpg (83KB, 303x267px) Image search: [Google]
Good Luck.jpg
83KB, 303x267px
>>53562857
>For which I pay dearly.

"Dearly"? Are you fucking kidding me?

A fucking kidney transplant is something you pay "dearly" for.

A few hundred dollars of plastic and the hours to snap them together and throw on a spraycoat and wash is not fucking "dearly." And if it is to you, you need to get your priorities in order Goldilocks, because there's 3 bowls of porridge in front of you and you've successfully bitched about 2 of them.
>>
>>53563428
Formations destroyed the game completely for me. It was fucking absurd. Wouldn't have been a problem if people at my FLGS weren't minmaxing faggots, but they were. I knew my time playing was over when I saw a guy buy 30 tactical marines and 3 stormravens just to do some gay-ass broken formation.

Kinda looking forward to playing again, I'm hoping things will be different.
>>
>>53563482
I'm sorry that figures of speech trigger you but it's still no gratuity like the poster seemed to be implying.
>>
>>53563657
Then maybe he should, you know, find a less expensive hobby?
>>
>>53563839
Or maybe you should stop pretending GW does things out of the goodness of their hearts and complaining about people being rightfully critical of the goods and services they're exchanging money for.
>>
>>53563975
Good thing I never bought anything from them, then. I can't be held responsible for their disregard for their own money.
>>
>>53563975
>implying toy soldiers are worth more than a couple dollars regardless of who makes them
>>
>>53552659
>the kiddyfied cash grab after multiple editions of kiddyfication
I get the feeling you haven't played any of the previous editions of 40k.
>>
>>53552659
I just remembered one time in a GW in California the guy manning the shop was showing a little kid how to play.
It was the warboss from AoBR vs the captain.
Warboss got 2 attacks and needed a 4+ to wound and the marine could save on 3's. The captain got 4 attacks that hit on 3's and the ork got no save.
Kid promptly asked his mom to buy him some space marines.
>>
>>53561583
Just play warpath. It has them and space dwarves.
>>
>>53561325
>/pol/ retards
>anything even close to the truth

Pick one and only one
>>
>gw shills in full adhominem damage control
>for free
>>
>>53563509
Exactly. I came in to 7th (after avoiding the hobby altogether because I knew what would happen [it did]) bright and doe eyed with tau. It only took a few months before my enthusiasm faded to misery as my meta consisted almost entirely of waacfags running knight formations. Like, that was 90% if the shot played. Fuck even thinking aboit going to local tournaments.

I welcome this edition So. VERY. Much. Unfortunately I've been enjoying stormcast and have thrown all my money in that direction. Vanguard SC are awesome and pretty
>>
>>53559822
>Oi kid. Back then there hardly was a world of miniature games.

But there was. Even ignoring the long tradition of British miniatures gaming that predated GW, there was D&D, which often featured miniatures and which was itself a spinoff of a medieval miniatures game. And there was D&D's Battlesystem rules, which you could find in mainstream bookstores.

Personally, I found out about Warhammer 40,000 through Dragon Magazine ads while browsing in a B. Dalton bookstore in 1988, which meant I was fully aware of the existence of other games. I don't think I was alone in this.

You could say that none of those other fantasy/sf games had the clout of Warhammer but my point is that you could hardly be a gaming nerd in those days without encountering games by other companies in mainstream bookstores. Even if you were fixated on Warhammer and Warhammer alone, chances are you looked (in vain) for GW publications at bookstores, and would have encountered that stuff anyway. Then there was Battletech... which you could learn about in the SF sections of bookstores.
>>
>>53564257
The game truly started to go downhill when they allowed the massive units in normal games, and did away with Apocalypse. Fuck Imperial Knights. That formation of three of them is the gayest thing they ever did.

6th edition was the golden age for me. There wasn't too much BS yet, and I played CSM/Daemons so I could counter anything retarded with OP flying monstrous creatures and Biomancy.
>>
>>53564381

It was a gradual process that started at the end of 5th and culminated in the shit we are in.

I should have dropped it when i saw the dreadknight all those years ago. But i always kept telling myself. It is one mistake, it can happen. I will just ignore it. And it did not stop.
No, it did not stop.
>>
>all the AoSfags talking about how 40k players need to suffer
>while AoS sales BTFO of WHFB and wildly successful

Same shit's going to happen with 40k. Hate 8E all you want but 7E was trash and the new Primaris shit and bland 8E rules will be madly successful.

And also the "non players" who constantly visit these threads are the most pathetic people of all. Who the fuck wastes time going in 4chan threads about shit they no longer care about/are involved in.
>>
>>53564176
Are you the black kid in OPs' picture?
>>
>>53564497
I'll never forget my glorious victory over Grey Knights using an infantry IG list back when GK were incredibly OP. He was cheating too. He had a squad of 10 marines all equipped with psycannons.

My command squad had a Master of Ordinance, which is a guy who can call in a large blast barrage artillery strike that scatters even if you directly hit. I got very lucky and it scattered into the crater where he was keeping his squad of psycannons. They all died.

He teleported his dreadknight across the field to attempt to deal with my command squad. Cover+camo had me survive. I returned fire with three plasma guns and the thing died.

He was running a Dragoball of terminators, and was not very smart. Unloaded on it with my executioner's 5 plasma cannon shots. Only Drago survived.

A dreadnaut lumbered accross the field past the remains of a veteran squad. Commander ordered Bring It Down and they shot it in the rear with plasma guns and it exploded.

Never seen someone so mad in my life. I love command squads so much.
>>
>>53553841
>>53553962
Anon is referring to the shitty new one that will end up being a dlcfest
>>
>>53564723
Nope.
>>
>>53564774
You sound full of it, a single incinerator would have destroyed your command squad.

So either you're lying or you and the GK player were really bad.
>>
>>53564774

Similiar stuff happened when playing against eldar with guard. People tend to get into invincibility complex when running deathstars. But they fail to realise when you have the numbers and he does not he is the one playing the numbers game not you. You are playing for the statistics. And when their luck runs out they tend to lose their shit easily without any back up plan.
>>
>>53552659
>>>53563839
>Or maybe you should stop pretending GW does things out of the goodness of their hearts

That's because they're a business. If you don't like the product, don't buy it.

>complaining about people being rightfully critical of the goods and services they're exchanging money for.

Idea: don't exchange money for it if you don't want the product. There is no "rightfully critical" that a company should care about not related to money or safety. If they sold shit, and you bought it, why should they care you don't like how it smells; you already bought the shit.
>>
>>53554150

Yes 6th edition ravening hordes was great, it was helped by 6th edition generally being good though.

If GW had any sense they would stick with this format of 5 large books for the rules with 1 for the points that can be updated quickly.

I'm half tempted to just torrent all this shit and stop, just play this forever.
>>
>>53552931
They were in the Battle For Vedros rulebook, then appeared on 40k 8th edition website looking noticeably older, I think they are some employees' kids or something.
>>
>>53552935
>runs gaming club with the seekrit clubhouse mindset
>hobby dies out because the entrance point into the hobby is a brick wall
>>
>>53564608
But WHFB's sales were bad because they made the rules utter shit and then barely supported it.
Of course it's going to sell like shit at that point.
>>
>>53563113
They will likely be able to hold out until 9th though. I expect 9th will be to 8th as 4th was to 3rd.
>>
>>53565464
Well then it is the fault of the normie noobs not squeezing between the bricks OBVIOUSLY
>>
>>53560317
It's because they're more photogenic than two fat autistic neckbeards
>>
>>53554435
Warmachine
>>
>>53564899
But you are a nigger?
>>
>>53567079
Nope. Are you?
>>
>>53566987
I laughed
>>
>>53560554
But I'm not upset
>>
>>53556433
I feel like initially yes, everything will be fairly simplistic, but that's because the core Indexes are very threadbare. Simple core rules are a good thing, because then even mild +1 special rules give some kind of unique tactical tweak. The problem with 7th was that the core rules were complicated as shit, and then special rules got completely out of control trying to make things special snowflakes out of the sea of rules bloat.
>>
>>53563975
>people being rightfully critical of the goods and services they're exchanging money for
It's not that you are wrong about GW delivering subpar products. It's just that you're a massive idiot for buying them anyway and deserve everything you get.
>>
>>53564307
Oh I am sorry. There were hardly any non-GW wargames or skirmishes. Better?
>>
>>53563975
>about people being rightfully critical of the goods and services they're exchanging money for.

DON'T MAKE THE EXCHANGE THEN IDIOT
>>
>>53554497
12-14, forgot already. First played DoW 2 on Steam. That's what only dragged me in really.
>>
>>53568866
8th edition isn't significantly simpler or more streamlined than 7th in any way
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.