[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WH40K Point costs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 55b.jpg (45KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
55b.jpg
45KB, 750x600px
I just looked into the Chaos codex and wanted to build a 1500 point army... and got confused with the new point system.
a Defiler costs 216 points... a hellbrute 72... so 3 hellbrutes for 1 defiler?!

allso: exchange weapons --> buy it at full costs or for free? its not written anywhere =(

anyone have any idea how its supposed to work?
>>
>>53552412
You ought to learn how to read. In the points section it clearly stated that the unit costs do not include the weapons. So if you take a look at the weapons list you will see that some are free, like bolters, while others cost a given amount, like lascannons. The full cost of a unit is obtained from adding these two numbers. Obviously, if you exchange weapons, you have to add the cost of the new weapons to the unit cost.

If you couldn't figure this out by yourself, wargaming in general might not be for you.
>>
>>53552489
more the case of: i could not belive it.. so a Defiler costs (with standart equiptment) 268 points (Battle cannon free, Reaper autocannon 18, Twinn H Flammer 34, claw is free)...

thats A LOT of points...

Hellbrute would be 72 + 27 for multimelter - so 99 points...

i love my defiler but 268 points are A LOT
>>
>>53552412
link to the 8th ed chaos pdf?
Had a skim when someone uploaded it but didnt save it.
>>
>>53552585
That's the standard now. Someone mentioned that his standard 1500 SoB list was now slightly over 3000.
>>
>>53555560
So we're going for a skirmish game? Good job GW
>>
>>53556327

Look at it from a financial standpoint. A cheaper game is easier for beginners to get into, but it's also great for the old timers who are getting older with families of their own etc. and might not have a couple of hundred quid to blow on an army.

The people in-between with a lot of disposable income are going to spend money regardless and can buy as little or as much as they want.
>>
>>53552412
is that image ironic?
>>
>>53556327
Or you can just play at 3000 points instead of 1500. It might be hard to grasp, but do give it a try.

Also, with this change armies would go back to the size they used to be around 3-4e.

Fucking newfags.
>>
>>53556327
No. Tournament meta will be increased from 1850 to 2500ish. Fairly simple.
>>
>>53555560
Are you shitting me?
I should run the numbers on this because I can't believe they raked up the pointcosts for Sisters that much. Like, Make them cheaper of course, but up the pointcosts?`
Why???
My 2000 points of deathwatch went down to about 1500 points and I had to do some crazy shit to get to 2000 points with my guys, now they are super fucking buff.
What happened?
>>
>>53562501
They racked up the points in virtually every army. Deathwatch, if what you say is true, would be the only one I know of that has gone down in points.

If you up the overall pointscosts for every faction, you have a larger margin for making adjustments.

I really can't understand how this is an issue.
>>
>>53562556
Didn't tyranids go super cheap now?
>>
>>53562556
Alright, I just noticed that I cut 5 veterans, but thats still like only 95 points of units that I cut off the original list. In contrast to that, I added more heavy weapons, buffed up my terminators with meltafists and included combi-weapons on pretty much every veteran.
So yeah, it seems Deathwatch got cheaper... or atleast it seems like it. Maybe it has to do with the changes to wargear choices
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.