[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favorite tabletop game podcasts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: behold.jpg (47KB, 500x612px) Image search: [Google]
behold.jpg
47KB, 500x612px
>>
Roleplaying Public Radio is mediocre, but has been around for a million years and deserves credit for that. Any game Caleb runs (Eclipse Phase: Know Evil, Red Markets: The Brutalists) breaks from this trend into 11/10 status and deserves a mandatory listen. That man is a fucking genius.

+1 Forward has nice short episodes where they interview the creators of PbtA games and then briefly play them to show em off. Their episodes on Monsterhearts 2, Night Witches, and Bluebeard's Bride are all fantastic.

Ken And Robin Talk About Stuff is two veteran RPG authors going over everything from narrative structure to game design to niche history to blueberry recipes. It's the gold standard.

My friend runs Rag-NERD-Rok, but I've literally never listened to them. Other folks seem to like it.
>>
File: PW.jpg (126KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
PW.jpg
126KB, 1252x1252px
>>53548993
Might I recommend Pretend Wizards, they manage to always be funny in a way that never seems cheap or repetitive, plus their GM is a creative genius who manages to make a shitload of memorable characters and settings.
Not much combat, mostly ridiculously funny role play. (Although not without it's serious moments)
>>
>>53548993
Film Reroll is people playing through movie premises as GURPS adventures. My favorite so far is probably Speed, but they're all pretty good.
Can't recommend this one enough.
>>
I like System Mastery. they do reviews of older and out of print RPGs, many of which deserve to be forgotten. They did a big patrion campaign and if the goal was reached they would review FATAL.

They were not kind.
>>
I like the long war podcast, they mainly cover 40k and are pretty funny. Avoid if you don't like bro humour though.
>>
File: 1496300567869.png (49KB, 204x176px) Image search: [Google]
1496300567869.png
49KB, 204x176px
>>53548993
Favourite is MILKRUN: a Shadowrun 5e game by people who hadn't played it prior with the exception of the GM who loves it. The GM is brilliant and it's without a doubt the best SR podcast I've found.

>>53549181
I literally unsubscribed from Rad-Nerd-Rok today. I originally subscribed because I heard from someone they thought they did a Degenesis game and finding any, let alone a good one is impossible. Tried to get through a couple of different games on that podcast but I just can't. The banter and constant derailment just threw me back to fucking highschool and I wanted to just claw my eyes out. I'd suggest continuing to not listen to it. Will give the RPR and the talkshow a listen though, thanks!
>>
Dungeons and Doritos, anyone?
>>
I used to really like the weekly wizards of the coast DND advertiseme... I mean podcast but it dried up somewhere in 2014 I don't know why, it was actually pretty good content for a podcast designed to shill products
>>
>>53548993
I don't really listen to any. :/
>>
>>53548993
>Hello From The Magic Tavern is funny.
>Yog Radio used to be great but it's behind a paywall now.
>RPPR is awful since they play all the RPGs I absolutely hate.
>>
>>53549739
The FATAL episode was disappointing, to be desu. It was mostly, "Did you know FATAL is racist and sexist? Probably, because you have the internet and we acknowledge that this is the most famous bad game in the world. Let's just mention it all anyways."

Their better ones are when they do really obscure RPGs, so you can't pick apart all the mistakes Jef makes because he literally spends more time checking the book for antigay content than he does reading the rules. Their Love/DREAD actual play was also fantastic.
>>
The thing that I hate about 90% of the RPG podcasts is that they're made by people who play RPGs, not people who make podcasts. The editing is terrible, the speech is awkward, and if it's an actual play every roll comes with a 30-second pause while they count up numbers. Trying to find a Shadowrun podcast is suffering (Crit Squad has the quality broadcast side down, but it takes two weeks to put out a half-hour episode).
>>
The Adventure Zone is the only one I listen to. The McElroys are a treasure.
>>
File: 1455570381428.png (212KB, 338x353px) Image search: [Google]
1455570381428.png
212KB, 338x353px
>>53554832
God no, they are incredibly annoying.

>>53554825
Exactly. Most RPG podcasts have such low quality that it's painful to listen to them.

>4 people talking at the same time
>high volume braying laughter puncturing your ear drums
>idiots munching on food while they play and talk
>shy wallflowers talking so softly you can't hear them at all
>constant repetitive in-jokes that get stale after the 2nd time
>static and bad mikes everywhere
>constant teenage levels of swearing
>>
>>53554920
What exactly are your complaints about them? Because if you think any of that shit applies to them, you've never listened to a McElroy podcast.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.