[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HeroScape General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 076930417126.jpg (92KB, 985x500px) Image search: [Google]
076930417126.jpg
92KB, 985x500px
Ok, so I just 'rediscovered' The game HeroScape by Milton Bradley. Apparently Wizards of the Coast snatched up the license later on... Does anyone still play this? How is it, and which sets are still available/in production?

Which one is the current "core" rules or base set? is it worth it to sink about 100-150 dollars into? I'm more worried about local gaming support. though I don't mind just collecting the figures, it looks pretty cool...How's the quality?
>>
File: Heroes_of_the_Moon_Tribe.jpg (80KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
Heroes_of_the_Moon_Tribe.jpg
80KB, 500x475px
Found this site, Apparently the base core sets are called "Master sets" There seem to be two out so far...not sure if any more are to be released or if the game is still supported...seems like a shame if it's been abandoned...
>>
Weve had this thread before, several times in fact, and they generally dont last long.

Usually the consensus is the game itself is rather stupid, and the minis are passable for other games, even though they are cheap prepainted crap. But the hex terrain, omg that hex terrain, is amazing. Battletech and heavy gear players love it, and they are usable for just about any game actually. It's really good modular terrain, even though you end up needing a lot of it for most needed table sizes.
>>
>>53547865
As someone who doens't play those kind of games, what's the difference between stuff that you paint yourself and pre-painted stuff? Why are the latter "cheap"?
>>
>>53548082
I'm assuming because the pre-painted minitaures are mass produced by children in china. who don't give a damn about quality....that or he's a Warhammer fag who's opinion is based on those who aren't Golden Demon status mini painters..

Anyway, HeroScape, the prices atleast, seem scalper status.
>>
File: IMG_0497.jpg (213KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0497.jpg
213KB, 750x1000px
Bought this as joke gift for a friend long ago and ended up falling in love with it. This is the game that moved me into the real miniature games.

That being said i played this for like ten years and had a fairly large group. We made our own units with the cards and everything. Still have all that crap on the computer.

Theres only one place i know of that still supports this game. Even though it is long out of print.
https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php?s=26dbbbf991ae532990dbab1a3e08abe9

You'll find just about anything for the game there. Good luck buying the pieces though. Overpriced to hell.
>>
>>53547865
What's stupid about the game? It was pretty balanced as far as I could tell, except that hive thing. Fuck the meat tower.
>>
File: pic292191_lg.jpg (145KB, 534x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pic292191_lg.jpg
145KB, 534x1024px
Awesome!!! They have a Zombie expansion set... Are they still releasing new sets??
>>
>>53548239
>That pic
Jesus Christ, I guess whoever had Sgt. Alexander won that board, climbing that must take ages.
>>
>>53547692
>Does anyone still play this?
Yes, but not many.

>How is it?
Decent, but it has its limitations. There are power imbalances, and if you use a badly designed map, some units become worthless.

>What is available and still in production?
Absolutely nothing. It's been dead for the better part of a decade, and died with a whimper. The last few sets were literally recycled DnD miniatures.

>What rules are current?
These: https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=432

>Is it worth 100-150?
A single master set cost 60 USD in the day, and 6 figures or so was 10-13. The components do not age well. Take this into consideration.

>Local gaming support
Ask your local gaming venue. It has been dead for a while, though.

>Quality
Tolerable. They're inventive and varied designs, at least. The terrain is excellent for other games. However, some of the terrain becomes brittle with age.

>>53547735
There were two standard master sets, one Marvel comics set, and one DnD set.

I recommend Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games instead. It's something of a spiritual successor, and is generally better designed, cheaper, and still in print.
>>
File: PICT1029.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px)
PICT1029.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>53548258
Yeah, If i remember correctly Deathwalker 9000 and Svarius did some major work on that map.

Also if any central FL anons are reading this i still have ALL my pieces. Which is quite a lot. Could set up and email and get some games going.
>>
>>53548129
>I'm assuming because the pre-painted minitaures are mass produced by children in china. who don't give a damn about quality
Bingo
>....that or he's a Warhammer fag who's opinion is based on those who aren't Golden Demon status mini painters..
Hardly.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.