[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 51

File: 1495727152305.jpg (59KB, 736x899px) Image search: [Google]
1495727152305.jpg
59KB, 736x899px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Last time on 5eg:
>>53529539

How do you encourage players to pick races based off rp or appeal instead of purely mechanical benefits?
>>
>>53539281
>How do you encourage players to pick races based off rp or appeal instead of purely mechanical benefits?

Remove stat bonuses. As long as they exist, people are going to pick races that work WITH their class, because being weak is often also boring.
>>
>>53539341
i agree with everything except
>because being weak is often also boring.
>>
>>53539341
Do you compensate for the loss in any way? Do races offer any stat bonuses at all, maybe modular ones like v.human or halfelf +1s?
>>
>>53539281
>How do you encourage players to pick races based off rp or appeal instead of purely mechanical benefits?

Why does it matter? Why not "encourage" players to pick whatever race they want to?
>>
>>53539406
Modular would be a better idea.

Honestly, they should all give +1 to two stats, and a feat, and then be balanced around that.
>>
>>53539341
>>53539381
>>53539406
I was thinking either make the bonuses so you can put them into what ever, or if using point buy making it 30 so you technically don't lose them since some people absolutely hate that.
>>
>>53539419
As a forever DM I normally do and get "I'd play this but I want to play this class."

It boils down to people are conditioned to pumping up their main stats because that's what the book tells them to do. Then again this is just my experience in general
>>
>>53539488
It's not just the book, it's also wanting to succeed.
>>
How does spell permanency work? Say I make myself a wooden arm and I want it animated.
>>
>>53539537
According to the book you cast the spell on it for a year, then again it has that distinction in the spell itself so you'll have to get DM approval iirc.

>>53539512
You can succeed without being 100% optimized, but that also gives reason to why make an alternative so people can play whatever and still succeed.
>>
>>53539600
Sure, you can succeed without being optimized, but being optimized makes it easier.
>>
>>53539630
Ease of play doesn't make for a good character, though.
>>
>>53539630
So we're in agreement then of making an alternative for those allergic to not being optimized glad we got that sorted.
>>
>>53539661
>I deal one point less damage and hit 5% less!
>surely, this'll lead to all sorts of interesting roleplay opportunities
>>
>>53539661
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Stormwind_fallacy
>>
>Part 3 of Phandelver takes a fuckton of time to get through with a moderately-tame group
>Part 4 is basically "jerk off a bit and win"
Did I do something wrong? I thought I had more content to work with, but my players are more/less steamrolling the entire thing to the point we'll be done probably next week. I tried raising hps for enemies, making npc interactions a bit longer, etc. We've only gone about 5 sessions. Also
>Might need to make another map before next week for the next part of Phandelver
>Can't draw worth shit
>[Dread intensifies.jpg]
My players aren't elitists or anything, but I'm still green as a DM and don't want to fail them.
>>
Anyone have a list of mundane or low-magic items that are better than regular equipment but not too strong for a level 1-2 character? I'm running out of ideas
>>
So I only saw this in the other thread but someone was talking about how to improve/balance Two Weapon Fighting.

What if we give it the same treatment as GWM and Sharpshooter? -5 to attack with both weapons, but in return you make two melee attacks with one Attack action, and can apply your attribute bonus on the off-hand attack?

In theory it should come to about equal to the -5/+10 that GWM and Sharpshooter give, but might be a case of, "rolling too much die + too much math" for the game.
>>
>>53539488
Well then if they want to play a certain race but are afraid to just let them know that being very slightly less effective doesn't mean that they'll be useless. You can even offer to make encounters a little easier if you really want to.

As long as it's the player that wants to play that race. The way the OP question was worded it seemed like it was the all-too-common situation where a DM is whining about players wanting to only play the most effective characters all the time.
>>
>>53539661
If you mean mechanically, you're right, not necessarily, but I don't think there's a character ever that couldn't have been more effective with higher stats.

If you mean from a roleplay perspective, the mechanics of your character and the fluff and roleplay can be almost 100% separated; an optimized character doesn't mean the character can't have a personality.
>>
File: D100_Minor_Magical_Items.pdf (873KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
D100_Minor_Magical_Items.pdf
873KB, 1x1px
>>53539864
I gotchu, senpai
also, see: http://www.lordbyng.net/inspiration/
>>
>>53539907
Rereading I can see how it was taken as such but it was not my intention. I'm after a solution to open up options for people who put optimizing over anything else.

No DM should be trying to force people into races, I just want to make it an option.
>>
>>53539777
>good character = combat effectiveness

>>53539832
But that is incorrect, though. The ability to roleplay a non-v.human/half-elf is indeed infringed upon by the optimized aspects of class, race, feats, and related crunch.

And for that matter, the optimized non-combat aspects of a character would include:
>no family/close-friends
>no negative history
>reputation that permits good faith lending/purchasing/cooperation optimal for campaign/class

The claim "you cannot be optimal and roleplay" is not what is being argued, it's "you cannot be optimal AND be varied in your roleplay" since your options are severely limited.
>>
One of our players who always without fail plays Paladins is going to DM tonight for the first time , so we're all coming in as Paladins ourselves.

Starting at level 1,so are DEUS VULT or should I mĂșlticlass out of this Meme as soon as possible?
>>
>>53539938
Arigato, anon-kun
>>
>>53539893
You need to be a bit clearer about what you mean, but I was that anon that made the spreadsheet.

> -5 to attack with both weapons, but in return you make two melee attacks with one Attack action, and can apply your attribute bonus on the off-hand attack?

This is really unclear. You can already make two attacks with one attack action, or do you mean make an attack with each weapon for each attack you'd normally be able to make?

I think that's increasing damage a shitload, especially when you take shit like hex or hunter's mark into account.

I might be wrong, though. I do really like the idea.
>>
File: 5e Guide to Sex.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
5e Guide to Sex.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>53540033
Right, it's done. The 5e Guide to Sex, like I threatened.

FEATURES
>13 pages; brevity and simplicity were considered paramount
>Seduction rules
>How long you last in bed
>Effects for satisfying people in bed
>Big ol' crossbreeding table
>Pregnancy rules (including contraceptive and abortion option
>Brief (2-3 sentence) description of how each published race deals with sex, some of whom get new racial traits
>Each of the 12 PHB classes gets 2 sexual class features, one which is mostly fluff for sex, the other of which grants a tangible benefit for getting it on to everyone involved in the sex (and encourages a party to have orgies, basically)
>New ways to use existing PHB spells for sex

Enjoy, ye perverts of /5eg/
>>
File: 1439149478492.png (333KB, 453x695px) Image search: [Google]
1439149478492.png
333KB, 453x695px
>>53539938

>74
>Plate of Haggis
>>
>>53540168
This is without a doubt the grossest l, saddest thing I am ever going to fap to
>>
>>53540168
10/10
>>
>>53540198
Like I said, the worst part of it all is that I don't ERP and have no particular desire to ERP. A thread from a few weeks ago just got me thinking about it, though, so rather than letting it fester in my head, I wrote it up.
>>
>>53539893
I just rule at 11th level, if you have extra attack, you make a 2nd attack with your bonus action.

1 Bard, 1 Attack, 1 Offhand.
5 Bard, 1 Attack, 1 Offhand.
11 Bard, 1 Attack, 1 Offhand.

1 Valor Bard, 1 Attack, 1 Offhand.
6 Valor Bard, 2 Attack, 1 Offhand.
11 Valor Bard, 2 Attack, 2 Offhand.

1 Barbarian, 1 Attack, 1 Offhand.
5 Barbarian, 2 Attacks, 1 Offhand.
11 Barbarian, 2 Attacks, 2 Offhand.

1 Fighter, 1 Attack, 1 Offhand.
5 Fighter, 2 Attacks, 1 Offhand.
11 Fighter, 3 Attacks, 2 Offhand.
20 Fighter, 4 Attacks, 2 Offhand.
>>
>>53540168
>>
So what's your favorite monster?
>>
File: 1298398936972.jpg (90KB, 432x585px) Image search: [Google]
1298398936972.jpg
90KB, 432x585px
>>53540168
>>
>>53540157
I mean it like this:

A level 2 Rogue with 2WF is dual-wielding two daggers and looking to shank a fool.

They can either use Attack action with one dagger and then Bonus Action stab and lose out on attribute bonus.

OR

Use the new 2WF -5 option to make two dagger attacks with one Attack action, and gain attribute bonus damage on the off-hand dagger.

Next example:

Level 8 Slayer Ranger is going longsword + dagger (using it like a parrying dagger) and sees an opening (ally Wizard has had a Hold Person take effect on a foe).

They can either: use their Attack and Extra Attack action to make two Longsword attacks and then bonus action Dagger stab.

OR

Go in with the -5 and make a total of four attacks (Longsword + dagger for one Attack, Longsword + dagger for Extra Attack).

It might be OP when you take into account Hunter's Mark or Hex, but that would then only apply to classes that can grab those spells or go for Magic Initiate.

The biggest fear I have is a level 20 Fighter getting this, meaning they can potentially make 16 Attacks in one turn. But at that point, a level 20 Fighter going Omnislash on a foe is probably worth it.
>>
>>53539455
Depending on the way people point-buy, that would actually fuck them more. It's not a straight 1:1, because getting from 14 to 15 is 2 points. Also, they wouldn't be able to hit 16 in a stat.
>>
>>53540168
I'm actually rather impressed with the effort that went into this.

Though
>Humans not breeding with literally anything
that's basically their DnD super-power.
>>
>>53540387
Ah, okay.

Like I said, sounds very interesting. Run the numbers, maybe?

I'd also suggest that, as with GWM, this idea be tacked onto the existing Dual Wielder feat.

The feat is already almost irrelevant, aside from the +1 AC, which I think is balanced when compared to the other half of GWM, the bonus action attack on a crit/on slaying something.
>>
>>53540326
Animated armour or animated constructs in general.

Had the party run through a haunted house themed area that had plenty of them and they almost always got caught out.

First was when they found a massive greataxe secured to a stand at the top of the staircase, above a suit of matching armour.

As soon as they touched the axe, the armoured knight suddenly shoved the barbarian back over the bannister causing hefty fall damage and obviously taking him out of the fight for a turn or two while he scaled the stairs again, then suckerpunched the wizard.

A little later, they found four more suits of armour standing around a hallway to immediately start smashing and crashing them preemptively, then as they entered the next room the animated flying swords flew out of the scabbards and started to backstab them.

One other room the rogue went into alone, only to find the door magically lock behind him and left him in a duel with his most challenging opponent yet. An animated broomstick.

Due to insane rolls, he grappled and pinned the broomstick but could never hit it with his shortsword even with advantage, the broom however with disadvantage was consistantly bopping him in the face over and over while the party tried to blast open the lock on the door.
On an unrelated topic of monsters, how cheeky and or cliche would it be to include hints that the bandits the party are investigating are offering a haul of their bounty to a dragon who lives in the low mountains nearby and expects a tithe from them, and then they find out that the dragon has arranged for a pair of trolls to help defend the bandit camp.

For the party to find the trolls with a rather mottled brownish red skin and short curved horns, and eventually demonstrate a hearty resistance to flames and the ability to belch forth fire themselves.
>>
>>53539341
You just hit on the most retarded part of 5es design. Not only is there a stat cap (which is fine) but the ASIs are higher than in any previous edition and more prevalent. So it's like standing on a stepstool in a low ceilings room and jumping on a fucking pogo stick. ASIs have the +2 to one option to give instany gratification to the skyrim normies that are now wizard's main market. Also we can't have racial stay penalties brvsyse wizards made the game too dependent on ability scores so now that racist and so rolling for stats doesn't even work anymore cause if you start with a 20 strength you can never get stronger and even with standard array you hit the cap by level 8 at the latest.
>>
>>53540387
Just did the math, and it comes out below GWM, which makes sense.

I like this idea a lot.

I think if we change PAM to only worth with quarterstaves being wielded in two hands, and add this -5 thing to Dual Wielder, it'd be pretty balanced.
>>
>>53540451
Shit that is right, at best you could make a slightly more robust character.
>>
>>53540475
Humans will attempt to breed with anything.
Dragons, while able to breed with anything, might not always be willing to make an attempt.
>>
>>53540509
I think the numbers will only appear obscene if we apply them to a Fighter that's level 11+, but sadly I don't have a program to run the calculations, and I don't have the time right now to do the math by hand.

I suggested it mainly because I was hoping someone else could run the numbers, or if we were lucky enough for DPS chart anon to show up and throw it in their DPS calculation.
>>
>>53540475
You're thinking dragons. Humans are pretty fertile, but not universally so (the 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy, which was used as a touchstone for this, similarly has humans fertile with many but not all creatures. It was actually less permissive than my table, though - humans in the BoEF aren't fertile with bugbears, dwarves, gnomes, gnolls, goblins, halflings, hobgoblins, kobolds, lizardfolk, or minotaurs, and are only "maybe" fertile with centaurs)
>>
>>53540475
>I'm actually rather impressed with the effort that went into this.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well, if not necessarily seriously.
>>
>>53540579
The biggest potential outliers in damage with that change (in my opinion) are:

- Hexblade or Bladelock with Hex and/or Haste active.
- Ranger with Hunter's Mark and/or Haste active on them.
- Paladin with Hunter's Mark and/or Haste active on them.
- Level 11 Fighter with Haste active on them, blowing Action Surge.
- Level 20 Fighter with Haste active on them, blowing Action Surge.
>>
>>53540579
Just to be clear, that's-5 on every attack you make that turn, right?
>>
>>53540734
Yes.

So in the first example (level 2 Rogue) it'd be a -5 to both the Rapier and Dagger attacks.

For the second example (level 8 Ranger) it'd be a -5 to all four attacks (2x Longsword, 2x Dagger attacks).
>>
>>53539893
That was probably me.

I was also considering removing GWM and SS -5/+10 feature, making the extra attack a crit/kill of GWM baseline of combat, as the -5 becomes trivial late while the +10 is too good to pass, making it obligatory to use it if you want optimized combat.
I also thought on making other features from feats baseline, like Charger, Defensive Duelist, PAM's Attack of Opportunity, Mounted Combat, Shield Master's shove.

But talking about TWF, I'd be ok with the offhand attack being free. The damage output of 2 scimitars would be higher than a greatsword.
2 Scimitars (1d6 + PB + Ability Score + 1d6 + PB) vs Greatsword (2d6 + PB + Ability Score)
The trade-off here is that you'd need to hit both attacks and crits with the greataxe/greatsword are better.

With this, you make technically balance TWF vs 2HF, as it doesn't force the expenditure of the bonus action.
Until extra attack comes, which opens the discussion of the extra attacking with the offhand.
Granting extra attack (i.e. 4 attacks at 5th level) damage-wise doesn't seem that much, the only problem someone pointed out is that Versatile weapons become weak with the change, so you'd need to buff their Versatile damage or something.

>>53540281
The problem with this is that the bonus action competes with Bardic Inspiration and Rage/Frenzy, not to mention Rogue's Cunning Action, it's too high a cost versus just equipping a greatsword and not having to worry about the trade.
Offhand attack as BA still makes it bad on every class but Fighter.

Offhand as free action:

1 Rogue, 1 Attack, 1 Offhand (+ Sneak Attack, + BA)

1 Barbarian, 1 Attack, 1 Offhand (+ BA)
5 Barbarian, 2 Attacks, 2 Offhand (+ BA)

3 Berserker Barbarian, 2 Attacks, 1 Offhand
5 Berserker Barbarian, 3 Attacks, 3 Offhand

1 Fighter, 1 Attack, 1 Offhand (+ BA)
5 Fighter, 2 Attacks, 1 Offhand (+ BA)
11 Fighter, 3 Attacks, 3 Offhand (+ BA)
20 Fighter, 4 Attacks, 4 Offhand (+ BA)
>>
>>53540168
>even if you are a druid
Top zozzle mate

Really though, the saddest thing is that this is probably the best-written homebrew I've seen in a while (including UAs), and I'll probably be saving it.
>>
Yo my dudes.

Is the extra damage die of the Orcish Fury feat doubled for crits?
>>
File: The 5e Guide to Sex.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
The 5e Guide to Sex.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>53541085
Hang on before you do, slightly revised version with minor spelling/formatting corrections here and there, plus cover art.

...at the risk of tooting my own horn, I am GOOD at making these little additions to the game...Expanded Downtime Activities, Previous Adventures, the Vampire: the Masquerade Monster Manual...
>>
>>53540168
>Compatibility chart, gestation chart, etc.
This looks awfully familiar. Is it stolen from/inspired by the one from the Book of Erotic Adventures?

Also, I choose to believe there is an error in the human/halfling compatibility entries, because Alfie wouldn't lie to me.
>>
>>53541011
That's why I gave my suggestion, because I think it'd be ok for level 1-4, but it's when we get to level 5+ that the math gets wonky.

And I am hoping some anon can save me the time on the math.

I mean, as things stand, my biggest fear is someone taking this to the extreme of Champion Fighter 11/Vengeance Paladin 9 when they have Haste buff on them (Concentration from Wizard or Bard or some such) and Hunter's Mark (Paladin maintaining Concentration) and they want to nova something.

That means Oath of Enmity (advantage on all attacks vs. one foe), 8 attacks with their main Action (Attack, Extra Attack #1, Extra Attack #2, Haste Action), then going Action surge for another 6 attacks (Attack, Extra Attack #1, Extra Attack #2).

Oh, and blowing divine smite on every one that hits.

For argument's sake, let's assume every single attack hits but no crits occur, and they just blow their load. Not including a magic weapon, and assuming 20 DEX, going Rapier + Dagger, that's 14d8 piercing + 14d4 piercing + 80, then 23d8 Radiant damage (three 1st level spell slots converted to divine smite, three 2nd level slots converted to divine smite, two 3rd level slots converted to divine smite).

Like... I'm pretty sure that much damage could kill three Tarrasques in a row.
>>
>>53541270
I'm sorry, the +80 number should be +140 (28 x 5).
>>
>>53541268
It was inspired by the Book of Erotic Fantasy, but changed to suit my own personal tastes (such as halfling/human and dwarf/human interbreeding being possible, and goblinoids being folded into a single entry rather than three different ones), as well as to fit in races that appear in 5e but not in the BoEF (tabaxi, kenku, etc). The gestation chart is a mix of the BoEF and the older Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.

Everything written is of course adaptable to your own particular setting.
>>
>>53541218
Anywhere I can find the rest of your shit?
>>
File: phpThumb.php.jpg (48KB, 900x488px) Image search: [Google]
phpThumb.php.jpg
48KB, 900x488px
>Just run the first proper session of a new campaign. 5E
>Made it clear it was a wilderness hex crawl, old school in style , fairly tough.
>Players on board.
>Cleric player constantly holds back his character , on his phone for most of the session, little interaction.
>We get to the final combat of the session , 4 velicoraptors ambush them.
>Cleric still stays way back while party fight.
>Party are fighting two velicoraptors. >Two more circle around to attack cleric.
>Cleric fights them
>The two raptors attack him , they manage to hit with their claw damage for ten knocking him out.
>Players finish off rest of velicoraptors.
>He fails a death saving throw. Strike one
>One player tries to stabilise him. Fails. Two strikes
>Another player with advantage tries. Fails. Three strikes.
>I give him one more roll for his 'god'. Fails
>Player dies.
>Doesn't seem to care that much, rips up his character sheet, building another.
>Another player is angry and upset with one.
>Another isn't that happy either. Lots of jokes they'll all be dead soon etc.
>Feeling DM guilt. Did I goof?
>>
>>53541433
Death is a bitch; fuck her and get over it.
>>
>>53541433
>Cleric player constantly holds back his character , on his phone for most of the session, little interaction.
>Doesn't seem to care that much, rips up his character sheet
You should not play with this person.
>>
File: Action Dice for 5e.pdf (929KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Action Dice for 5e.pdf
929KB, 1x1px
>>53541392
Fuck it, I'll post 'em. I got nothing better to do.

INCOMING:
- Action Dice for 5e
- Expanded Downtime Activities
- Magician Kit for the Rogue
- Adventuring History
- Mesopotamian Pantheon
>>
>>53541433
depends, are the strikes due to the helping players failing or did the cleric fail his death saving throw on his turn?

If the other players failure resulted in his strikes, that's bad, only his rolls will count against him.
>>
File: Adventuring History.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Adventuring History.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>>53541511
Adventuring History is one of my more favorite ones, personally, since it encourages people building 6th level or whatever characters to remember that getting to 6th level takes a LOT of XP, and it needed to come from somewhere. Simply being trained by your dad the captain of the guard or whatever isn't going to cut it.
>>
>>53541433
Nah, everyone knew what the deal was going in.
A GM can do a lot of emotional manipulation to make sure the players are having fun, indeed.
But, for the best fun, the players have to be aware of this and play into the manipulations.

Not to mention, everyone has baggage from real life that they bring to the table, and the days when everything in the game goes wrong. I've seen games where experienced RP'rs just couldn't "get it up" that day and it made the atmosphere fall flat, and days where everyone is rolling ones and critical moments, leading to multiple sessions of buildup and planning to go to waste.
These things happen bro. You were upfront and honest about how it was going to be, and you delivered. If they don't like it, they can talk to you or walk away mate. Unfortunately, many just walk away... but eventually you'll find a group of folks who didn't walk, over and over, and it will be magical.
Hang in there, those days are rough as a GM, but just think about how you can sidestep or correct the problem in the future, while still maintaining your standards, and you'll do fine.

>TL;DR
You didn't fuck up, they did, and they just realized it. Don't sweat it, just work on making the next game fun.
>>
File: Expanded Downtime Activities.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Expanded Downtime Activities.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>53541590
This one is good for a lark. Basically it's expanded Carousing options, but also includes tables for philanthropy or research...as well as a table for special weird events.

As a warning, these tables heavily emphasize randomness and could easily result in you getting screwed over at lower levels. But that's part of the fun. You need to go into this document with a very 1e/2e mindset.
>>
>>53541511
>Plot twists

I was with you till that
>>
>You swing your maul at this creature and connect with what should be a bonecrushing hit, but the creatures flesh seems to be strangely resilient and the hit doesn't seem to effect it as much

>ok, so your attack does hit, but this creature is resistant to bludgeoning damage, and so the damage is halfed

New DM, not sure which I should ve doing?
>>
File: Magician.pdf (605KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Magician.pdf
605KB, 1x1px
>>53541621
This was just me trying my hand at something I've wanted for awhile in D&D - essentially a spellcaster that doesn't actually cast spells. Not gonna lie, Now You See Me had just come out so I really wanted a way to play a kind of action-magician.
>>
>>53541645
number 1

or number 2

or both.
>>
File: Mesopotamian Pantheon.pdf (639KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Mesopotamian Pantheon.pdf
639KB, 1x1px
>>53541646
And lastly, a Mesopotamian pantheon, along with some details for a Mesopotamian-type setting. Nothing special, but I like it.
>>
>>53534574
>>53534681
Good thing you can still feed that back to Wizards, isn't it?
>>
>>53541631
So don't run with plot twists, then. Anything I post here can be modified or truncated to fit your particular play style at your whim.
>>
>>53541645
start with one, offer a roll (perception, arcana, survival, nature ect) end with two
>>
>>53541645
First normally, second if you're playing with people unfamiliar with video/tabletop or autists
>>
>>53541217
>>53541217
>>53541217

pls respond
>>
>>53541218
>Class-based sex abilities
>Wild Style
>DEUS VULT
My sides can't take this

Notes:
>Typo in bard inspiration dice paragraph (should be "can't grant DICE")
>Cleric/Ranger/Rogue advantage is of unspecified duration
>Fighter Prowess should maybe be number of times based on str/dex, whichever is higher?
>Tantric Knowledge: does "number of times" mean "number of 10-minute periods" or "number of sexual acts"?
>Pass It On: only sorcerer cantrips? Needs to specify

>>53541590
Oh hey, I already downloaded this one a while ago.
>>
>>53541826
I was kind of hoping the Conan references in the Barbarian section would get a rise out of people. Pun totally intended

Thanks for the corrections! Implementing them now, and if/when I post this again, it'll incorporate them.
>>
>>53541865
Your writing isn't bad. Have you tried making monsters/bestaries?
>>
>>53541520

I did make the character rolls go against him . I was trying to make clear divides between success and failure. But you're right , he should have made saves in between their rolls which would have greatly increased the chance of him not dying.

Probably too late to retcon that but will do it in future correctly. Live and learn.
>>
>>53541600
Thanks bro needed to hear this.
>>
Anyone got the breeding chart? I need to check on dragonborn and drow.
>>
File: DominatePerson.png (1MB, 1084x578px) Image search: [Google]
DominatePerson.png
1MB, 1084x578px
>>53541218
>Dominate Person

>>53541928
Just open the PDF, it's like page 2.
>>
File: Vampire Monster Manual.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire Monster Manual.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>53541891
I don't trust myself to balance things well, which is why I generally limit myself to additive features rather than creating wholly new features (with an exception being the Magician kit).

I did once make an entire monster manual, but it wasn't for D&D, it was for Vampire: the Masquerade. Basically the company that makes VtM has its head stuck up its ass and avoids printing generic vampires whenever possible out of some kind of artistic vision that each vampire should be lovingly crafted with a full backstory and so on.

Me, personally, sometimes I just want to fill a bar with a bunch of Brujah licks and their ghouls, or have stats ready when my players decide they want to eat the pizza delivery guy, or whatever. Thus, this.
>>
>>53541865
If it makes you feel better, I caught the Aladdin reference.
>>
>>53541928
Chart says DragonbornXElf= No (at dms discretion)
>>
>>53542037
>>53542130
If I follow that chart, my wife is a warlock or a dragon cucked me. Going to kill all dragon just in case.
>>
>>53542269
I thought you wanted to know because of a character you planned to roll up but it being you having suspicions of your in-game wife's loyalty makes it much better. I laughed.
>>
>>53541433
>Player dies.
You guys might be taking things too seriously.
>>
>>53539835
You're a new DM running LMoP. You shouldn't be worrying about your drawing ability, you should be worrying about your ability to describe surroundings in an interesting and accurate way. Maps are secondary to that, because you're not going to be running premade adventures forever.
>>
File: 6547e6836546547.gif (2MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
6547e6836546547.gif
2MB, 500x278px
In a society of Dragonborn formed on the basis of their pride in their draconic heritage, which colors would be most suited for defending the homeland rather than conquering?

I figured Reds would be more war bound, but what about protecting the walls?
>>
>>53539281
I let them play what they fucking want
>>
>>53542368
I never fail to laugh when this happens...
>>
>>53542378
White and brass are ideal. The common dragonborn are mixed color and should be treated as breathless lower class.
>>
>>53542378
For defensive dragonborn, either Green/Black due to natures of hiding and swimming, or Dragonborn with line-based breath weapons for the increased reach of attack.

Bonus points if Dragonborn are more like knights and nobility and live alongside Kobold Serfs.
>>
What class and archetype is captain Jack Sparrow?
>>
>>53542490
>Bonus points if Dragonborn are more like knights and nobility and live alongside Kobold Serfs

They capture them from their homes and take them back to cities in their empire to live there as common folk against their will. That way the kobolds are forced to hunt and trade within their borders.
>>
>>53539938
not that guy but i will most certainly be using this, thanks anon
>>
>>53541433
>Player dies.
>>
>>53542516
You're welcome! I'm always lookign for an excuse to go digging through my 30gb D&D folder
>>
>>53542501
Swashbuckler rogue. Now please stop Jackposting in every thread.
>>
>>53539341
This is what I did.
No stat bonuses for races, just a higher point buy value and stat cap.
i also tweaked some of the racial features so that there's something useful for all classes; if you take away +2str/con from mountain dwarf what exactly does that give to a martial? darkvision, poison resist, and being as good at talking about rocks as the wizard. wow.
>>
File: 1493225034071.jpg (110KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493225034071.jpg
110KB, 640x960px
>>53539281
Is it better to have one melee character or zero?
Because right now I'm looking at being in a party that is almost entirely ranged.
Should I just become THE WALL?
>>
>>53542593
Oh really? got any other files that might be useful for a lower level game? First time DMing and my party is currently level 3, I'd love whatever you could throw out
>>
Which class makes the best use of the Gourmand feat?
>>
>>53541011
Mhm, How about I think just Dual-Wielding grants you one extra attack as part of the attack action.

Not costing bonus action, but won't scale to more than 1 attack.

Maybe remove the "No ability mod" damage effect because honestly other comparable things like Polearm Master get it so why not?

Means need something new for Two-Weapon-Fighting-Style for fighters and rangers.
>>
File: D&D Shop Catalog v_1_1.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
D&D Shop Catalog v_1_1.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>53542725
Hmmm, well I got some good use out of this. Unfortunately, I can only upload one file at a time, but try checking out DTRPG, and filter by free or pay what you want. Looots of good stuff there.
>>
Give me some nice ideas some magic helms or boots intended for clerics.
>>
>>53539281
Mechanical reasons for playing a race is kinda good because it stops stupid 'I want to be a gnome barbarian!' type shit. You can still do it, but it'll be special when it does.
>>
>>53542783
Removing the bonus action requirement would instantly make every rogue dual-wield by default. Whether or not you consider this to be a problem is up to you.

>>53542828
I'd rather see the occasional gnome barbarian than an endless line of half-orcs and v. humans.
>>
>>53539938
>take 5 minutes to eat stew in combat
>effect lasts 9 seconds
o-okay
>>
>>53542857
Doesn't every melee rogue already Dual-Wield by default?
>>
>>53542857
No reason you can't. It's just they'll be rarer because lack of obvious mechanical synergy.
>>
File: Zarus.jpg (15KB, 231x264px) Image search: [Google]
Zarus.jpg
15KB, 231x264px
I only play humans.
>>
>>53542894
Every decent melee rogue uses GFB/BB, else they might as well do archery.
>>
>>53542789
>DTRPG
just did, thanks for the tip!
>>
>>53542952
My rogue dual-wielded knives. It was going to be a rapier and a knife, but then I kept finding magical knives and could never find a magical rapier.
>>
>>53542916
My experience is people are still worried about making a useless character, which in 5e is really fucking hard to do, it's lingering bad experiences from pf. So most just stick with the usual options that help pump that main stat up, nothing wrong with it but I've also had people want to play x race but y class and for whatever stupid reason just don't.

Personally I just want to make it so people aren't stupid and can make what ever combo they want.
>>
File: aaaaa.jpg (925KB, 1981x1357px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.jpg
925KB, 1981x1357px
>>53542789
different anon and i hate to be that guy cause we have the trove for a lot of shit

but what else you got senpai?
>>
>>53542952
Well I think every rogue bringing a pair of knives to a fight is better than every rogue studying a snippet of arcane magic for one of two spells.
>>
>>53539938
For anyone interested, here's another one like this
http://goblinpunch.blogspot.com/2015/01/d100-minor-magical-items.html
>>
>>53543003
I solve this by getting players excited about a character concept before even looking at the rules for it, and then fitting the rules to what they want. So we have stuff like a tiefling cleric and a high elf bard.
Honestly, if you're going to be playing a character for months you should like the character him/herself.
>>
>>53543003
The fact you can do it with minimal penalty is enough. I don't think you need to do stuff like floating racial bonuses, you just have to say 'Yeah, you can always try something different if you're feeling confident or have a good character idea'.

>>53543016
Well, I'm not the person who was replying to the other thing so I'm not too aware of the conversation but it's probably more flavourful they use knives.

Also, barbarians are probably the most dual-wieldey class out of everybody.
>>
>>53542983
The thing about magic items is the DM chooses for you rather than you get to choose. Kinda sucks, sometimes, maybe.
>>
>>53540168
Is the 5 minute thing a joke, or is this just really depressing
>>
>>53543087
I actually preferred it. My rogue had a thing about killing people; namely, she tried to avoid it at all costs. So knives made a little more sense than a rapier. Similarly she specifically always called them KNIVES, not daggers. A dagger is a weapon, but a knife is a tool.
>>
>>53543119
>A dagger is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator.
>>
>tfw I can't find a single good reason to rp with anything that isn't human
I don't know why. I just cannot think of a single character that isn't human when I imagine them.
>>
>>53543167
Imagine a lizardfolk necromancer really quick

alright you did it
>>
>>53543114
I googled it.

https://www.google.com/#q=how+long+does+sex+usually+last

Referring specifically to coitus (not foreplay), 1-2 minutes is considered "too short", 3-7 minutes "adequate", 7-13 "desirable", and 10-30 minutes "too long" (there was overlap between the last two).

5 minutes is fairly evenly between 3 and 7, so I used that as my baseline. Note as well that this presumes that the person involved in the sex is fucking at a more-or-less steady pace and doesn't try to slow down to draw things out; doing that is covered by the "marathon" rule. Likewise there's a rule for "quick fucking", in which case you hit orgasm after a number of rounds equal to twice your Constitution score (so 2 minutes (20 rounds) for the average (CON 10) human)

And, again, this refers specifically to sex itself, not foreplay. Foreplay is handled in 10-minute intervals during which the first 10 minutes is "free" but subsequent blocs might be too enticing and cause those involved to "jump the bones" of the others involved, kicking off sex itself.

Basically, I approached sex as a minigame.
>>
>>53543201
I ended up imagining a Merfolk Mystic. But I'm not sure I'd enjoy RPing that.
>>
Can someone clarify Crown of Madness for me?

The person who casts the spell doesn't control the targets' movement, just what target they attack at the beginning of their turn?
>>
>>53543212
Oh, also note that a strict reading of the rules for sex means that two average people (CON 10) having sex has a tendency to leave both Very Satisfied on average, since 5 minutes of sex means a +5 modifier to your satisfaction check, and since the average result of a d20 roll is 10, this gives an average satisfaction check result of 15.

This is not intentional, but when I noticed it I also didn't bother trying to avoid it, on the grounds that I find it personally amusing that people in D&D worlds have better sex than people in the real world.
>>
>>53540168
I put on my robe and wizard hat
>>
>>53543201
I imagined a dead one after being deus vulted does that count?
>>
>>53543240
Enemy standing next to another enemy? You make him attack the enemy. If not, it can do what it wants. You can only make it take the attack action before it starts moving, so no moving to the target before attacking.
>>
>>53543290
No, I refuse to make a magic items section. The point of this was brevity.
>>
>>53542714
please help me.
>>
>>53543336
You should do what you want to do and trust that the DM won't screw you over. Build a character, not a role.
>>
>>53543336
Build a dex/con barbarian. Achieve 22 AC. BECOME THE WALL.

>>53543326
Not sure if playing along or not aware of original meme.
>>
>>53543363
Every character starts with some concept. It's okay to say "I want to tank!" and then make an interesting tank - anything from a drow paladin to a dwarf barbarogue to a tabaxi battlemaster falls under that broad umbrella and can be interesting and fun to RP.
>>
>>53543365
I'm aware of the original meme, I'm just noting that I won't be making a magic item section.

...I might make a magic item section.

But if I do it'll just be updates of a few interesting magic items from the Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge or the Book of Erotic Fantasy. Plus maybe the robe and wizard hat. Maybe a shirt that turns you into a rhino.
>>
>>53543365
Or be a Warforged ForgeCleric with AC 23 with ease, 25 once you put Shield of Faith on and an optional 30 if anything does manage to hit that.

All without needing to put every ASCI into Dex and Con, which ruins your offense since you can only use your STR8 to attack when raging.
>>
File: A_Collection_of_Poisons.pdf (5MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
A_Collection_of_Poisons.pdf
5MB, 1x1px
>>53543007
This one is pretty neat.
>>
File: 1496254146430.jpg (12KB, 220x257px) Image search: [Google]
1496254146430.jpg
12KB, 220x257px
Are there guidelines on creating a spellcasting monster? Like a wizard or such.
I guess I could just copy paste a monster with spells already and switch out spells.
>>
>>53543430

Where is the port for warforged?
>>
>>53543401
Sure, but it should be because it's the character that you already want to play, you shouldn't approach character creation with the intent of filling in some kind of gap.
>>
>>53543445
the DMG

seriously, its in there, i just cant remember where
>>
>>53543451
Ebberon races UA, they get a static +1AC and everything else is shit.
>>
>>53543430
Sorry I wasn't suggesting an absolutely optimal character based on shitty unbalanced UA material. My bad.

>>53543456
Not necessarily true. Sometimes you have too many options, and a role can serve as your initial inspiration for a particular character concept.
That inspiration can come from another direction ("elves are cool!" "fencing is cool!") but there's nothing wrong with it being role-based ("protecting people is cool!").
>>
>Immortal Mystic with HAM

Is this as tanky as it seems like it would be in my head?

From a purely hypothetical angle I mean, in reality it wouldn't be reasonable to take both Heavy Armored and HAM (assuming dorf or vhuman-Moderately Armored for medium armor at 1) with your first two ASIs on such a MAD Archetype.
>>
File: Fifth_Edition_Funnel_v1_3.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Fifth_Edition_Funnel_v1_3.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>53543443
I've also wanted to try a variation of a funnel for a while.
https://dmbuce.github.io/noedia/level0.html
>>
File: 1492424220395.jpg (46KB, 580x773px) Image search: [Google]
1492424220395.jpg
46KB, 580x773px
>>53540168
Alright, goys. Time to optimize havin sex with Pixies as soon as possible.
Pixies have 1 hit point, and -1 Con. As a medium creature we deal 2d4 bludgeoning damage per round, and force a DC 15 Con save per minute. Using pointbuy stats, and ignoring Enlarge/Reduce and small races as they're against the spirit of the challenge, we must find the earliest possible level to have intercourse with a pixie.

Our stats include 16 Cha, and 16 Con, as a variant human. We take Bard 1 for Heroism, and up to Cleric 4 to boost our Cha to 18. Our health is 43, and we prepare Warding Bond. It is a barebones setup, but it's all we need.

Pre-buff with Warding Bond on the Pixie. Now we roll for initiative. Pick up your first Foreplay, but don't worry about failing the next one. Our Satisfaction bonus is already at +2. Spend your action casting Heroism. Your max damage is now 4 due to warding bond, and the Pixie regenerates 4 temp HP a turn. You have enough HP that you can never fuck yourself to death. Use your other spell slots for Heroism if you ever break concentration.

You have had sex for 1 minute, and you are near death. Now roll for satisfaction. You had +2 satisfaciton before, and you gain 1 more for having sex. At +3 you roll your d20. Even on a 1 you have a satisfaction of 4. Since the DC is the Pixie's Con, 8 you can never make the Pixie Very Dissatisfied.

At 5th, you can reliably have sex with a Pixie. You regain the use of this feature after you have finish a long rest.
>>
>>53543484
I mean, you were suggesting a character whos appeal was having high AC, so having optimal build is actually an important trait.

Having a character who has a -1 modifier to his most important stat is stupid with the only exception being the 8 Int Wizard.
>>
File: 1489795457986.jpg (61KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1489795457986.jpg
61KB, 670x503px
>>53543480
>everything else is shit.
>>
>>53543474
I can't find it...
>>
File: 134224015783s.gif (7KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
134224015783s.gif
7KB, 124x124px
>>53543474

The DMG's homebrewing shit is fucking awful.

>Suggests giving a 1/4 CR creature 36-49 HP, an average of 42
>Literally 6 goblins which are 1/4 CR.
>>
>>53543504
This is pretty fucking sad.
>>
>>53543532
I'm sorry, +1 Strength and +1 Con are fantastic racial stats? Immunity to disease wow! And check it out, they get Not-Trance, which has no impact in gameplay because even in a party of elves you still need 8 hours "rest".
>>
File: 1431719511426.gif (1MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1431719511426.gif
1MB, 300x168px
>>53543504
Author here. Pic related. You've made me proud, anon.
>>
>>53543493
What are you thinking that makes it seem so tanky? The few temporary hit points or the increased hitpoints per level? Because lots of tankier classes have those.
>>
>>53543480
>everything else is shit
+1 AC not good enough for ya? This is 5e, you know.

>>53543612
>no impact in gameplay even in party of elves
>having a whole party fully awake during 8-hour rest has no impact on their alertness
>>
>>53543602
I know. We'll never actually get to have sex with a pixie.
>>
>>53543655
Go get a girlfriend.
>>
>>53541270
>Rapier + Dagger
Why not go dual wielder with rapier for 2d8 instead of 1d8 + 1d4?

>8 attacks with their main Action (Attack, Extra Attack #1, Extra Attack #2, Haste Action)
>6 attacks (Attack, Extra Attack #1, Extra Attack #2).
>that's 14d8 piercing + 14d4 piercing
Haste is limited to one weapon attack, that's 13 attacks.
You are hitting 14 times with each weapon, you're supposed to hit 7 main, 6 off.

Fighter 11/Paladin 9, + Hunter's Mark + Action Surge + Hunter's Mark + Smites
2 Rapiers (1d8 each), Dual Wielder feat, TWF style

13 attacks (4 main, 3 off, 3 main, 3 off):
13d8 + 13*5
+ 13d6 (HM)
+ 23d8 (Smite)
= 272.5 damage mean

Fighter 11/Paladin 9, + Hunter's Mark + Action Surge + Hunter's Mark + Smites
Greatsword (2d6), GWM feat, not using Great Weapon Fighting style (reroll damage on 1 and 2)
Using 1 1st level, 3 2nd level, 2 3rd level slots = 19d8

6 attacks:
12d6 + 6*15
+ 6d6 (HM)
+ 19d8 (Smite)
= 238.5 mean

If you crit once on your 6 attacks, you get an extra attack as a bonus action:
2d6 + 15
+ 1d6 (HM)
+ 2d8 (Smite)
= 34.5

238.5 + 34.5 = 273

Do you still find this OP?
>>
>>53543718
>Why not go dual wielder with rapier for 2d8 instead of 1d8 + 1d4?
Because anon wanted to use a rapier and a dagger more than he cared about 2 damage. I know, it's not optimal. Gross.
>>
>>53543652
+1AC being the only good thing is my point, everything else is shit.

No matter how good +1AC is, it doesn't automatically make the stuff better, which is my exact point.
>>
>>53543757
>Because anon wanted to use a rapier and a dagger more than he cared about 2 damage. I know, it's not optimal. Gross.

You're supposed to use the best possible input if you're comparing numbers, might as well use 2 daggers then.
>>
>>53543786
And frankly +1 AC isn't even that great.
>>
File: 1446017784371.png (213KB, 1291x443px) Image search: [Google]
1446017784371.png
213KB, 1291x443px
Any DMs here ever had their players temporarily take control of some NPCs in order to drive home how powerful they are compared to the players?

I figure this would be a good way to keep the players engaged while also saying "don't fuck with these guys, they can TPK you"
>>
>>53543859
>>53543786
+1 AC is pretty good if you're stacking it on top of all sorts of other things.

It can be as much as -50% chance to get hit eventuallly sometimes.
>>
>>53543871
No, though I'm currently running Out of the Abyss and at the end of it am going to do what the book suggests and have the fight between the Demon Lords be run by the players each controlling one Demon Lord.
>>
>>53543871
Most of the time if you're doing this you're kinda just being a jerk.
'Ha ha, you're all weak, I make a whole party of NPCs that are a higher level than you to make sure you realize this and if you try to even go against my railroad they'll clobber you.'

I know it isn't always like this, but it happens.
>>
>>53543893
But the +1 AC is only 5% out of that 50% total, and it's negligible when applied to classes that aren't stacking AC effects, such as a wizard or rogue.

Even a simple +2 instead of +1 would have been more meaningful, or maybe instead having their base armor be 12 instead of 10 (as though they were already wearing leather armor)
>>
>>53543871
>>53543925
Also, that aside, most players barely understand the powers their own character has, yet another some other character they've just been handed.

I think it kinda works best if it's a scenario where the players have one role that's still important and the NPCs have another role,i.e. the players stay outside an area that blinds the NPCs and directs them.
>>
>>53543925
Is it really a railroad if there are characters more powerful than the PCs?
>>
>>53543953
>But the +1 AC is only 5% out of that 50% total,
No, +1 AC can be, at most, -50% chance of being hit.

The only time it's only -5% chance of being hit is when the enemy would have already hit you on every number except for a natural crit and gaining 1 AC made it so now 2s also don't hit, and technically that's still slightly more than -5% chance.
>>
>>53543786
Right, but "everything else is shit" implies it's not a good race, or at least seems to, even if that wasn't your intention. I'm just saying it's a good race.

>>53543893
>>53543990
Exactly this.

>>53543953
That's not really how math works.
>>
>>53543981
It depends how they're used.

Players shouldn't be constantly involved with powers they can't defy. It's fine if it's an occasional thing maybe, but I've seen cases of 'You're this stronger NPC's bitch and if you do anything they don't want you to they'll know and you'll pay the price.'

The deal is that at lower levels the players shouldn't be involved 24/7 with the world superpowers anyway, and you induce a lot of 'why doesn't this guy do it instead of us' as well.
>>
File: 81kfgu9tyi0z.jpg (1MB, 4242x4242px) Image search: [Google]
81kfgu9tyi0z.jpg
1MB, 4242x4242px
>>53543921
Now THAT'S a neat idea, actually I'm asking because I'm running OOTA as well. I already established that I'd be having my players do a prequel adventure and that they'd get captured at the end of it, because we're running with a low amount of players and I've heard OOTA is pretty deadly.

I figured I'd give them temporary control of Asha, Ilvara, Shoor, and Jorlan and have them capture their own characters, but I realize it could go really bad if executed poorly.

>>53543925
I've already told them they're getting captured at the start, as they know we're running OOTA.
>>
>>53544034
Well, the way you're saying it sounds like it should be okay. It's a case where you're giving players the control rather than the DM powertripping all over them.
I think it works better that way.
>>
>>53544023
You have AC25.
An Enemy with a +6 bonus to hit, will strike you on a roll of a 19 or an 20.

If you gain an additional +1AC to have AC26, then that creature can only hit you on a 20, halving his potential to actually harm you. Thus the comparison to -50% to hit under ideal circumstance.
>>
File: Out of the Abyss Characters.pdf (4MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Out of the Abyss Characters.pdf
4MB, 1x1px
>>53544034
Wait, you're planning on running OotA but haven't started yet?

Here's a gift. I'm full of gifts. Sometimes they're sex rules for 5e, sometimes they're write-ups for each of the 9/10 OotA characters as 1st level characters.

If you use this, I advise:
1) The NPCs are "locked in" to their listed class and kit (they can't multiclass)
2) Your players run them during combat once everyone escapes from the prison
3) The unique items listed at the end of the document are located throughout Velkynvelve, and getting them back for the NPC greatly influences whether or not the NPC will follow the PCs after they all escape from Velkynvelve.
4) The NPCs remain 1 level behind the PC's average level (so when the PCs are level 3, the NPCs are level 2).

This also makes the NPCs a quick and easy source of replacement PCs, should one of the PCs die.
>>
>>53544188
Ohh this is neat. Thanks.

I'll see how they like controlling the Drow temporarily. I'm not gonna force them to each control an NPC for the whole adventure if that seems too cumbersome to them.
>>
>>53544098
I know, I'm agreeing with you. People really underestimate what +/-1 mean. Every time I see "5%" I get triggered.
>>
>>53544188
Where are their stats?
>>
File: 1424207514392.png (103KB, 500x247px) Image search: [Google]
1424207514392.png
103KB, 500x247px
fluffing out a character who's an apothecary by trade but wants to be a great chef and cook for royalty

start off unskilled and become great?

was once in a chef's guild but was shamed and kicked out - but why? not good enough? tried to sabotage his fellow tradesmen?

just spitballing
>>
I'm planning on playing an Triton Eldritch Knight. What spells should I take to really press the theme of the sea. Also what feats and fighting style would work best for planning on using the trident with both hands?
>>
>>53544315
Pages 10-14.
>>
>>53544307
They're coming from PF/3.5/4e, give them time to be less autistic.
>>
>>53544307
Sorry, I autistically read what you said, I misread "Exactly this" as "Explain this." like you wanted clarification. My bad.
>>
>>53544318
you tried cooking monsters
>>
>>53544355
Cheers, why is Derendil CG? He's still a quaggoth albeit insane
>>
>>53544413
Because what else would a dashing elven noble be?
>>
Does a Wand of Magic Missles go off of a character's Intelligence modifier?
>>
>>53544413
The Derendil personality is CG. The quaggoth personality is whatever the DM decides it to be.
>>
>>53544400

yeah I can dig it. lots of exotic meats, flavors, textures, loads of opportunities no one has ever explored before

it's not like the mayor needs to know he's eating owlbear cutlets, right?
>>
>>53544423
>>53544445
The Derendil personality is insane.
>>
>>53544459
No, the quaggoth is insane and created a personality called Derendil, who is CG.
>>
>>53544504
Then give him split alignment.
>>
>>53544318
What is your setting like? If it's medievalesque or earlier, a professional cook would have found employment mostly as a servant to nobles/the upper class to start with, so perhaps you can say he was in the employ of some petty lord and discovered his love for cooking after filling in for someone in the kitchen, or something like that. He could have been kicked out for neglecting his actual duties in favor of sneaking to help the cooks

Get the Gourmand feat if you want his cooking to have a meaningful in-game effect if your DM allows UA. Detecting poisoned food can even be fluffed as a result of his training as an apothecary
>>
>>53544581
I just realized how horrifically jumbled up my idea got.
>>
What's a blue dragon's general personality like, if there is one?
>>
>>53544545
Or alternatively, when the quaggoth personality emerges, just use the quaggoth Monster Manual stats, which is what I've been doing. But those aren't relevant to the Prince Derendil part of the entry except to note that Derendil occasionally falls back into the quaggoth.
>>
Any arguments against making an NPC like you would a PC?
Not sure how that balances out especially if the party will fight it.
>>
File: spon.png (390KB, 617x501px) Image search: [Google]
spon.png
390KB, 617x501px
>players are still creating characters based on the alignment chart first and their actual backstory/personality second
>>
>be tier 1 paladin
>several sessions ago another character died
>carrying his body around to have him rezzed when we reach a big city
>since then he's played an NPC
>this session we save some villagers from Goblins, they ask how they can repay us
>we ask if they have a cleric who found revive dead character
>tiefling villager speaks up
>"Yes, yes, I could help. I just need my amulet of Asmodeus..."
>i immediately smite and kill the devil worshipper
>dead character's player is mildly butthurt, says I robbed him of a chance to play his character again
>tell him he probably would've been a zombie or something anyway
>almost say "it's what my character would do"
>wonder if I'm being that guy

The other player isn't too upset I think, but I'm still wondering if I should've acted different.
>>
>>53544648
It should be using the quaggoth stats from the MM. A split personality is different to a shapechange or polymorph effect.
>>
>>53544689
>players are still playing dnd

>>53544680
Yeah, that's fine. For balance purposes, have the players fight an equal number of NPCs, at about the same level. You can tweak numbers a bit, but if you tweak them too much, it gets hard to balance, because CR doesn't apply.
>>
>>53543718
First off, thanks for the math.

Second, I do think that this change, taken to it's extreme (Champion Fighter 11 + Vengeance Paladin 9) is that it would be a bit too strong, because it's likely that the person will crit at least once, and probably multiple times, thanks to Vow of Enmity's auto-Advantage and Champion Fighter's expanded crit range.

Even if you give the same benefit to the GWM and factor in rerolling 1 and 2s with Great Weapon Fighting style, the sheer number of attacks that hit just end up getting out-scaled.

But this is taken to it's logical extreme, when in actuality it's probably going to settle somewhere far lower in terms of occurrence and/or situations where these things will stack up, and would only be good as a "limit break" of sorts on a giant threat.

So... This change to 2WF might end up being ok, and probably is worth having DMs toy around with using in their games to get more feedback on it.
>>
>>53544689
Better than ignoring motivation altogether, I guess

>>53544710
Automatically smiting a dude just because of his faith is not necessarily a good thing to do. You're slightly That Guy.
So is your DM, though, for creating this situation entirely on purpose.

>>53544735
Let's be honest, CR barely applies to the MM anyway
>>
File: 1483428061050.jpg (59KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1483428061050.jpg
59KB, 550x550px
Can someone post that joke warlock pact about shitposting
>>
>>53544735
>>53544750

Eh, its just a bit bothersome that they wont create a "character", they just pick a class and alignment and that is there character.

its not all of them. in fact, its only two of them. the problem is they frequently pick CN or NE and you know where this goes
>>
>>53544735
Yeah, but this edition has the least alignment bullshit, so it's still admonishable.
>>
>>53544735
The idea is a pyromancer (so 5th level wizard probably) with an amulet or staff of conjure minor elmental which he uses to summon magmin.
I'm thinking legendary actions also but I can see some of my players throwing an autistic fit at that.
>>
>>53544756
The Pact of Kek?
>>
>>53544786
yes
>>
Have we seen Mike Mearls' complete alternative initiative ruleset yet? What's everybody's opinion?
>>
>>53544750
True, I stopped giving a shit about CR, because when I did use the guidelines, fights were way to easy. I think the CR guidelines are based around a party of morons. I just balance on the fly now. If the fight is too easy, reinforcements arrive. If the fight is too hard, HP values get halved behind the scenes, or a reason for retreat happens.

>>53544777
This can work, but be careful. Have fire themed critters already summoned, because otherwise, most parties can take him out fast in a round or two. Lone enemies don't do well in this edition without massive cheese, and players hate legendary actions (because they're a super shitty mechanic)
>>
>>53544721
>>53544648
I'd make them using npc creation rules and poach class or race abilities.
>>
>>53544689
Derendil's personality is already in OotA. Off of what was described in there, I decided that he makes sense as a Chaotic Good dashing elf prince.

>>53544721
He's using Quaggoth racial states extrapolated from the MM, but since the Derendil personality is overwhelmingly dominant, it makes sense that he would gain class levels the same way anyone else might. When he reverts to his original personality, however, he forgets all his class stuff.

Anyone wants to run him different, that's fine, they can be my guest. I only provided statistics and my personal justifications for them, I didn't dictate that they were the One True Way. But it is MY way, so suck it.
>>
>>53544844
Your way is retarded. Your rules for sex are fucking sad.
>>
>>53544831
As the intent is to have immediate replacement characters for the players should their characters die, I prefer them having actual PC stats.
>>
File: Kek a Warlock Patron.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Kek a Warlock Patron.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>53544756
>>
>>53544866
No, get the players to make another pc. Stop dictating how they play.
>>
>>53544830
The thing to keep in mind for CR is it is balanced with core game only. So that means standard array at start, no feats, and low amount of magic items.
>>
>>53544880
They can do that if they like, but at the start of the campaign I mentioned that if they preferred they could take over the NPC.

I like options.

>>53544859
>Your rules for sex are fucking sad.

A quick perusal through this thread suggests the majority opinions is somewhat different from your own.
>>
I fucking hate the AL adventure "bane of the tradeways"
>>
>>53544869
>can cast the jump spell once per short rest
Why do people think everything should be low powered unfun bullshit? The rest is stupid, but I laughed at Bane in the spelllist.

>>53544885
Sure, but almost nobody plays that way, because it sucks.
>>
>>53539281

Roll for stats.
>>
File: 0% survivors.png (296KB, 474x720px) Image search: [Google]
0% survivors.png
296KB, 474x720px
>>53544869

>Level 1 Spell
>Bane

Why the fuck did I laugh at this stupid shit
>>
>>53544902
Seems like you don't like options. Your own way sucking everything up.

What do you expect from tg and a bunch of neets with no female contact.
Again, your rules for sex are fucking sad. Go out to bars and nightclubs and actually fucking socialize.
>>
>>53544926
I know that, but they built their entire CR around that so people should be told that sooner rather than latter.
>>
File: cad.jpg (45KB, 600x637px) Image search: [Google]
cad.jpg
45KB, 600x637px
>>53544945
>Seems like you don't like options

Okay, guy.

>What do you expect from tg and a bunch of neets with no female contact.

Pic.
>>
File: FakeDnD.png (437KB, 593x497px) Image search: [Google]
FakeDnD.png
437KB, 593x497px
>>53544945
>no female contact

lol, you must be playing 4e
>>
>>53544770
>Playing alignment
Can be ok
>Playing alignment when it's CN
ABORT
>>
>>53545033
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLa_n9_xOZk
can I have permission to hate women
>>
>>53545005
Yeah, you don't seem to like options. When said to just use the quaggoth stats, your response was "nah, suck it". I can't imagine that you're a fun person or have friends.

You're on tg, you fucking retard.

>>53545033
That's an actual irl gaming group and not formed of neets with no female contact, you fucking retard.
>>
File: FakeDnD2BtS.jpg-large.jpg (297KB, 2048x1082px) Image search: [Google]
FakeDnD2BtS.jpg-large.jpg
297KB, 2048x1082px
>>53545080
not quite.
but can certainly hate WotC or whoever the hell created this web show as a way to trick normies into thinking D&D is for anyone other than us shitheads
>>
>>53540168
>5e was made better by removing stacking modifiers, and tedious calculations
>I think it's missing sex rules, stacking modifiers, and tedious calculations, so I'll just combine them all together for my "masterpiece"

I'm surprised you didn't include rules for anal circumference.

Also:
>limiting sex based class ribbons to long rests.

You're also shit at balance.
>>
File: Sociopath.jpg (69KB, 607x470px) Image search: [Google]
Sociopath.jpg
69KB, 607x470px
>>53545103
no, it was created with the express purpose of selling d&d books to normies. when's the last time you saw a group of anyone with ridiculously white teeth doing anything close to gaming? seems forced and faked. buy hey, if you don't believe me, I've got some snake oil for sale...
>>
>>53545119
>normies in my normie tabletop
>reeee
>>
>>53545119
1) Why is the table blurred out?
2) Why are they dressed up? Is this Dark Dungeons?
>>
>>53545143
I don't care if captain normies wanna play, what is off-putting is that WotC tries to brand it in a way that is disingenous to actual gamers
>>
File: 1456958920439.jpg (115KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1456958920439.jpg
115KB, 413x395px
>>53545103
>That's an actual irl gaming group and not formed of neets with no female contact, you fucking retard.

Just like every boy band is an actual band and not hand picked to sell music to tween girls.

Also the man outright said he prefers them to have PC stats, the only one having a meltdown here is you.

Then again we all know you're only pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>53545080
What's wrong with that video?
>>
>>53544825
No.
>>
>>53545190
Everything
>>
>>53545103
So, wait, let me get this straight.

1. I write an optional sex subgame, for fun, in which I add (rather than replace) racial and class features, as well as add additional features to spells.
2. I come up with vastly expanded statistics for the 9/10 NPCs in Out of the Abyss, including giving each one a unique minor magic item
3. I have further in the past come up with expanded rules for carousing, philanthropy, research, and random downtime events
4. I have further in the past come up with expanded rules for character creation for high-level characters in order to make it easier to develop character backstories (i.e., trying to remember that "farmer that took up a sword" isn't really sufficient to justify a higher-leveled character)
5. I have further created a Mesopotamian pantheon, along with details about how to make a Mesopotamian-feeling setting.
6. I have further created a Rogue subclass that grants access to a multitude of magic tricks.
7. I have further adapted an Action Dice system for 5e from SpyCraft 1.0 that incorporates into it the option for PCs to create plot twists at their own discretion
8. And, sick of White Wolf having its head up its ass concerning the creation of generic NPCs, I have created a 200+ page manual full of generic NPCs for players of Vampire: the Masquerade to use.

And yet somehow, I don't like options.

...your logic does not resemble Earth logic.
>>
File: 1490477584506.jpg (127KB, 789x792px) Image search: [Google]
1490477584506.jpg
127KB, 789x792px
>>53545080
>start watching episodes
>actually liking it
I can't believe I'm jealous of 6 actresses "playing" a game
>>
File: Oceanman.jpg (540KB, 1269x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Oceanman.jpg
540KB, 1269x1920px
>>53544338
anyone?
>>
>>53545135
>I think it's missing sex rules, stacking modifiers, and tedious calculations, so I'll just combine them all together for my "masterpiece"

Hey, you have actual suggestions to improve it beyond "I don't like it", I'll happily consider them.
>>
>>53545243
How much do they even get through? 7-10 minutes an episode for D&D doesn't seem like much
>>
>>53545213
Be more specific.

>>53545233
I'm not the guy you're arguing with, but could you adopt a trip? You seem to be trying to brag here, and a trip would help that. It would also let me filter your posts. Of the homebrew you've made that I've seen, I haven't liked any of it so far, so I don't think I'd be losing anything of value by filtering you.
>>
>>53545190
Think of it in terms of the band The Monkeys, they weren't a real band they were put together by a couple guys wanting to duplicate the success of the Beetles. They succeeded however the point is it was all a con and cash grab that wasn't genuine. This is another such thing, a manufactured cash grab by a company.
>>
>>53544744
If you're so worried, limit it to 2 extra attacks (and don't touch other attack effects, like haste, Berserker's Frenzy), but the output is nearly the same, the outlier is Hunter's Mark, it scales hard with more hits, that's some Quickened Eldritch Blast + Hex stuff. 13d6 vs 6d6 is no joke.

That same scenario without Hunter's Mark gives 226.5 (GWM without reroll and crit attack) and 227 (TWF).
Also, it was possible to make 14 attacks with that rule, you'd just need to have GWM.

GWM without any buffs is still stronger anyway (22 mean vs 17/19 mean), but it makes TW Barbarian/Rogue viable.
>>
>>53545180
>>53545233
Keep being autistic.
>>
Im starting to regret playing AL, the DM might be a communist and is seemingly plotting against my character just because I didn't agree with the politics of the party (not irl which is true but in game)
>>
>>53545288
Is the party communist?
Also tell him to stop believing in a meme ideology.
>>
>>53545280
Keep being a meme
>>
>>53545233
I didn't want a diatribe. Of the homebrew you spewed out like diarrhoea, none were actually good.
>>
>>53545276
I'm not trying to brag, I'm trying to understand how anything I've done suggests that I "hate" options when almost everything I've done has been additive.

I mean, you seem to be suggesting that I'm bad at coming up with new options, which is fine for you to say, and I'm always open to suggestions to improve what I've made. But I don't think anything I've posted suggests I "hate" options. Whatever that's supposed to mean.
>>
>>53545278
Fair enough. I didn't see anything particularly offensive, and even saw a few things I wish my players would do (changing their voices, speaking in character, etc). But I can see now how it would come across as artificial.
>>
>>53545268
countdown til the day when you can pay to sit in with an all-girl group at a con
>>
>>53545340
You could always do that, you just had to go to the right cons. It's called prostitution anon, and in your case, what you're asking for isn't even illegal.
>>
>>53545301
He has d6s with the hammer and sickle on them, and is really left leaning and doubts that wizards is as left leaning that him, the party is helping an antifa like uprising in the current adventure (muh opression, but atleast these ones can actually fight) and playing a dwarf I just want to help the people being attacked.
>>
How can I make a subtle suggestion to my DM that I desperately want a specific magic item? Namely, something that gives me Constitution. Because I got shafted during character creation and have 12 CON as a fighter intended to tank

I would be happy if I could just give myself 14 con when I reach level 4 and then just find an item that gives me another 2 points
>>
File: Kiss+medicombearbrick2.jpg (20KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Kiss+medicombearbrick2.jpg
20KB, 500x350px
>>53545278
But if the music is good, who cares why it was made? The band KISS has never, ever disguised the fact that they're doing a job and in the gig exclusively for the money, and every decision they ever made as a band was motivated by money. That doesn't mean their songs aren't good.
>>
>>53545334
It's not that it's offensive, to me anyway, it's a company being a company while I may not entirely agree with promoting in such a manner it's what WOTC has decided to try.

However some people will sperg out about it over the wrong things.
>>
>>53545358
>Go do a hooker up in the street
>Hand her money
"Play DnD with me."

What alignment character does she play?
>>
>>53545371
Get everyone else's money and try to barter for something half-decent.
>>
>>53545399
Whatever alignment you pay her to play.
>>
>>53545399
Chaotic or Neutral Good
>>
>>53545371
All I can tell you is stop rolling for ability scores but if you do then don't make a fighter with 12 Con.
Or ask for a magic item shop, which isn't unlikely if he's the kind of DM that allows rolling.
>>
>>53545399
>wasting money explaining something that will never come up and making a character instead of just having a bunch of premades for her to pick from
>>
>>53545279
That was why I wanted the math to be done.

But if the outlier is Hunter's Mark/Hex, then I think my fix to 2WF is fine.
>>
>>53545262
Eliminate the stacking modifiers and retarded equations, and redo everything within the context of disadvantage/normal/advantage.

Condense your rules to one page for general sex rules, and maybe a quarter page per class option for sex rules.

Some class options get overpowered as fuck sex benefits, such as additional uses of key features. Other classes get ribbons. (IIRC, you've made it so only casters get the blatantly overpowered stuff, so good going for making caster/martial balance even worse) Equalize it. Either all the class should get ribbons, or all of the classes should get powerful sex rewards.
>>
>>53545391
>But if the music is good

In your opinion it is good, KISS has maybe a song or two that is decent. The problem is now the music isn't good it's normally the same recycled generic crap.

Some of these people actually want to get into music, like the Monkeys did then they're told "we'll make the music you just make sure to sing it and keep your mouth shut. Oh don't worry you'll have a long career after we promise!"
>>
>>53545369
>He has d6s with the hammer and sickle on them
>the party is helping an antifa like uprising in the current adventure
Thanks for the laugh anon. Sounds like he's using the game as his personal soapbox. Honestly if it bothers you then you should just find another game. Sounds like he'd be a shit DM, the kind to target players IC for OoC reasons.
>>
>>53545391
I mean yeah but they actually fucking rocked. It'd be a more accurate analogy if the girls in the contrived group were really good at dnd and were entertaining to watch for the sake of their gameplay instead of their pomp and apperances
>>
>>53545466
I might switch over to one of the other tables (because this is AL, not some private game) but I want to level up this character. Sure it was the same way that the rest of the party was going but he is still threatening my character actively in game and that shit won't fly with me
>>
>>53545519
Create a ranger called Ondal. Minmax the shit out of the character and go rogue, siding with all the enemies and killing supposed allies. Cause his game to crash with no survivors.
"Ondal, a Ranger" is an anagram of Ronald Reagan
>>
>>53545558
Please do this. I know I will
>>
>>53545432
Yeah I didn't like it either but rolling stats was the GMs rules.

As for he character In playing, STR and CON were literally the only positive skill modifiers I have. +3 STR, +1 CON. Everything else is +0, with -1 to CHA.

So fighter was my only real option as far as I could tell.
>>
>>53545558
Would love to but he wouldn't allow it he actively said something along the lines of "you will die if you do this"
>>
Would a Mermaidman Paladin be a fun character to roleplay or would it just be obnoxious for everyone else involved?

>Psst, hey guys, wanna buy some drugs
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLL
>Smites on the spot
>>
>>53545674
Also my plan is to draw out the hysterical "EEEVIIIL" long enough so that the accused NPCs get really confused and maybe even start to run away before I do anything. Because I'm a crazy old man. Maybe I even accidentally made my oath at the age of 70
>>
File: 1493904609738.jpg (110KB, 600x378px) Image search: [Google]
1493904609738.jpg
110KB, 600x378px
>>53543921
>>53544034
Do the demon lord battle it was a great experience.

>choose Orcus because 10 free finger of death casts
>Start off fighting Demogorgon
>He fucks off to go fight the other 2 because flying is too OP for a short attention span
>Land on a rooftop and summon 500 skeletons because Orcus
>Ended up being useless because they disintegrate if a demon lord breathes on them so I just sent them to terrorize Menzoberranzan
>Finger of death + a double damage necrotic aura melts everything
>When Lolth comes in to finish off the victor DM says I drop my wand as I am sent back to the Abyss
>My druid found it on the way out

We benched the PCs after finishing the campaign, so I haven't had a chance to do anything with it. He might come back as a cameo in our TftYP campaign though.

What do you think having the wand of orcus would do to a person just by having it on their person?
The druid is lvl 16 and true neutral if you want to get specific. Keep in mind he melted Lolth's face off, so he ain't no pussy either
>>
>>53545450
>and redo everything within the context of disadvantage/normal/advantage

That was the original plan, but it unfortunately isn't quite granular enough for what I'd prefer the system to be. It makes the system too "swingy".

I had considered introducing a Libido ability score and Libido (Sex) skill, which would solve the granularity problem, but it creates another one - namely, I don't want to require characters to put effort into investing into sex at the cost of actually useful character options.

As it stands right now, the only thing in the document that actually involves stacking modifiers is the satisfaction check, which is solely to reward characters who can last longer in the sack. Do you have a suggestion for how to replace it? I suppose it could just be a straight Constitution check.

>and maybe a quarter page per class option for sex rules.

Uh...I actually have that already. Page 10, for example, has nearly half of the classes.

>Some class options get overpowered as fuck sex benefits, such as additional uses of key features.

I think you need to give that section a once-over. Every class gets one ribbon and one solid ability that provides a worthwhile benefit as a reward for having sex that is shared among those that had sex. At present, those benefits are:

>Barbarian: Temporary hit points
>Bard: Inspiration die
>Cleric: Advantage on Wisdom saving throws
>Druid: 1 use of Wild Shape
>Fighter: 1 use Action Surge
>Monk: 2 Ki points (and other classes get free access to 2nd-level Monk ki abilities)
>Paladin: Ability to Lay on Hands to all partners as though they were only one partner
>Ranger: advantage on Constitution saves
>Rogue: Advantage on Dexterity saves
>Sorcerer: Sorcerer cantrip
>Warlock: Empathic link
>Wizard: Arcane Recovery

Each one lasts for/can be used once before a long rest, and can only be bestowed once per long rest. So which one is weak, which is strong, and what do you suggest?
>>
>>53543921
>>53544034
>>53545766
How are you planning on running it? Post the results in a 5eg thread.

More of the fight needed.
>>
>>53545809
i fucking hate you for derailing this fucking thread with your shitty asinine homebrew, what you're doing isn't even funny you stupid fat fuck
>>
How the fuck do I come up with names for NPCs
>>
>>53545892
RNG
>>
>>53545766
How did the demon lords stack up against each other?
>>
>>53545872
How is it derailing? This is 5eg. It's for 5e things. This is a 5e thing.

Derailing it would be, like, dragging this into a discussion about Transformers or Pathfinder or something.
>>
>>53545892
Use the players handbook names under each race... but tweak them a bit
>>
>>53545892
I like Donjon.

https://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/name/#type=common;common=Human%20Male
>>
>>53545906
Pay him no mind, he just hates fun.
>>
>>53545906
>>53545922
It's just...sad. I hope no one actually uses it.
>>
What do people have against starting at level 1?
Do they also fast forward or skip the first 20 minutes of movies?
>>
>>53545445
So, I don't know anymore if your suggestion is -5 to attack with both or extra attack at 11th, which one is yours?
>>
>>53545922
Since when was rampant autism fun? Its seriously pathetic, some virgin neckbeard spending days working on pen & paper RPG sex rules, fantasizing about the day he'll finally get his dick wet. It really annoys me that other people on this board are encouraging his behavior
>>
>>53545989
>Stop liking what I don't like.
>>
>>53545466
Also he gave the aasimar paladin a preminition of the guys being attacked being the bad ones
>>
>>53546064
stop being a fucking degenerate and go back to /d/
>>
>>53545942
Sometimes it's more fun to start as an experienced adventurer. In the first published Conan story, for example, Conan was already King of Aquilonia.
>>
>>53546098
>stop liking what I don't like II: electric boogaloo
>>
>>53546133
Real original anon
>>
>>53546098
Just ignore it and quit bitching about it if you don't like it.
>>
>>53545892
Pick an IRL langues to base each race from then look up names from that langue

My elves use Finnish
>>
>>53546161
>>53546133
It would've been better if it was better homebrew and something 5e actually needed.
>>
>>53545941
I'll feel more sad if no one does, it's hilarious. My group rolls for dick size all the time, it's a running joke. Sex has come up plenty of times. If you don't have a group you can comfortably game with, I feel bad for you bro

>>53545989
Now you are just being butthurt, sweetie
Plus us women tend to be more relaxed about this kind of thing then the guys anyway,
and I've seen plenty of deflowering occur as a result of tabletop games lol. It clearly hasn't happened to you though, because you would be a lot less... frustrated ;)
>>
>>53546098
>Regular sex
>Disapproving of most fetishes
>/d/

>>53546260
Just ignore rageanon. You do whatever you enjoy around the table. Up to and including other players.
>>
File: AMEN.jpg (133KB, 887x1094px) Image search: [Google]
AMEN.jpg
133KB, 887x1094px
>>53546260

>sweetie
>us women
>:)

Fuck this, why have the tail ends of recent /5eg/s all devolved into pure shitposting?
>>
File: Grass.pdf (722KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Grass.pdf
722KB, 1x1px
This Noble Tabaxi needs a backstory, any ideas?
>>
>>53546152
>stop liking what I don't like III: son of what I don't like

But in seriousness, some thoughts.

>Seduction DC Revision

I'll admit that using division in calculating a DC isn't ideal, however I wanted something more complex than a character's Charisma score, and more to the point something that could be easily determined from existing NPC stat blocks (since it's just the average of the three scores, something that anyone who graduated grade school should be able to do)

An alternative might be "10 + Charisma mod + Str/Dex mod (DM's choice, usually higher)". This would make for some weird quirks, though - for example, succubi would actually be harder to seduce (DC 18, as opposed to 16 with the old rules...though I suppose succubi could instead by DC 14 if they used Strength instead of Dex)
>>
Rolled 2 + 2 (1d4 + 2)

>>53546374
Level 6? So 1d4+2 prior adventures according to >>53541590. Let's find out how many...
>>
Rolled 1, 17, 17, 12 = 47 (4d20)

>>53546399
Okay, so 4 previous adventures. Let's rule that if any duplicate numbers are rolled, I'll use the next-highest number.
>>
>>53546310
>A poster admits to being female
>Automatically considered a shitposter
Maybe you should remove your head from your ass.

>>53546375
In my opinion, Succubi SHOULDN'T be easy to seduce. They're not horndogs in constant heat, they're manipulators who use sex as a weapon. If anything, they should be harder to seduce because they know the seduction game better than you do.
>>
>>53546260
>>53546310
>>53546449
Why would people do that, just lie on the internet?
>>
>>53546449

Women are all over 4chan, all over /tg/, all over this thread.

They're only shitposters if they call attention to it or try to use it to somehow "win" an argument.

:^)
>>
>>53546419
I'm working on putting all of this together. Thanks!
>>
>>53546419
So adventures 1, 17, 18, and 12.

- Aboard the Scarlet Tide
- Waste from Within
- Through the Feywild
- Ogre Battle

Your tabaxi left Maztica aboard the Scarlet Tide and carried out that adventure. When he reached the Old World, the city he ended up in was dealing with the fire's burn, the plague mentioned in Waste from Within. However in the course of acquiring the panacea to cure the fire's burn (but after ensuring that it was given to the right people), he ended up dragged into the Feywild, where he ended up becoming hunted by Aoibheann SĂ­ol Fhloinn-MĂŽr. While he managed to escape eventually, Aiobheann has decided to keep hunting him becuase it personally amuses her, though she won't start the hunt for a year and occasionally shows up to chat pleasantly. Having made it back to the Material Plane, your Tabaxi now had to deal with the events described in Ogre Battle, although Aoibheann helped you out.
>>
>>53545968
My original suggestion was just to make 2WF be that if you want to attack with the weapon in your main hand and your off-hand with one Attack action, you can do so, but both rolls are at a -5 penalty.

Which means that at level 2 a Rogue can make two Rapier attacks (both at a -5), at level 8 a Ranger can make four Rapier attacks (all at a -5), and at level 11 a Fighter can make 6 Rapier attacks (again, all at a -5).
>>
>>53546513
There are no women on the internet anon, its the rules
>>
>>53546522
>>53546521
Oh nevermind.
>>
>>53546513
She didn't, really. She just said that most women players tend to be less stressed out about sex shit, and let's face it, it's probably true because with the male/female distribution it's highly unlikely they're not getting any.

>>53546527
That's not how it works. The rule only applies when women (or men, for that matter) try to get special treatment by virtue of having a vagina. This poster >>53546260 wasn't.
>>
>>53546554
Oh, I forgot the :^)
>>
>>53546554
Didn't mean to imply men seek special treatment for having a vagina. Bad phrasing on my part. But y'all know what I meant. Your gender can be relevant on the internet as long as you don't try to use it.
>>
>>53546551
That was just a suggestion. You can put it together however you like.
>>
>>53546586
I'll see what I can do! Thanks, anon!
>>
>>53546524
So you keep the Bonus Action as an option? With the lack of modifier to compensate for easier to hit?
So it becomes easier for rogues and barbs as they can get advantage easier, but makes it weaker for Fighter/non-venge Paladin, I like it.

Just nitpicking, but Rogues can't dual wield rapiers at 2nd level, unless they're vhuman. Shortswords and scimitars are ok, though.
>>
>>53546633
Almost, except that I don't believe rogues are proficient with scimitars. In fact I think it's the only finesse weapon that they aren't proficient with.
>>
How come martial weapon are just the same as simple weapon? Also are there any two-handed weapon that does 3d4 damage?
>>
>>53546670
Excuse me
>>
>>53546670
Muh dick.
>>
>simple weapons
Why do spears get no love in 5e?
>>
>>53546724
He said 2 handed, not 1 handed, anon.
>>
Do EK or AT levels count towards Wizard spell progression?
I know that by basic multiclassing rules they don't, but given that these two learn from the Wizard spell list I was wondering if there was an exception.

E.g. an EK6/Wiz1 would be a 3rd level spellcaster as well as have the spellcasting ability of a 3rd level Wizard (2nd level spells).
>>
>>53546733
There's spear mastery for a monk, I guess.
>>
File: 1486951808750.png (64KB, 266x336px) Image search: [Google]
1486951808750.png
64KB, 266x336px
>>53546724
>>53546741
OOOHOHHHHHH SHIIIITTTTT

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE NEEDS A PRODUCE WATER SPELL TO QUENCH THAT BURNNN

CALL A CLERIC, HE'S DONE
>>
File: 1495139574409.png (284KB, 650x581px) Image search: [Google]
1495139574409.png
284KB, 650x581px
>>53546741
You did not disappoint
>>
>>53546741
>tfw 1.5 handed dick
>>
>>53546741
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
That is probably the most savage burn I've seen on the internet all week. Imma have to screecap that shit.

>>53546841
>Reminder that bastard swords have little historical basis and 5e did away with them for good reason
>>
>>53546724
>>53546741
>>53546776
>>53546808
>>53546841
Nah you'd only be wielding it with a microscope.
>>
File: 1487073823362.jpg (19KB, 430x384px) Image search: [Google]
1487073823362.jpg
19KB, 430x384px
>tfw no new thread
>>
>>53546704
Take the spear and trident as comparison. They both deal the same damage with the same property but the trident cost and weight more. Spear also have a feat in ua. also the 3dr will be pretty broken with GWM feat resolving 1 and 2 leaving only 3 and 4 and you get that 3 time. 9-12 damage without modifier on hit.
>>
>>53546633
Well, I figure most classes with Bonus Action ability options (Monks, Rogues, Barbarians, etc.) will just use their class features to do other stuff than continue to whail on some foe.
>>
New thread:

>>53547016
>>53547016
>>53547016
>>
>>53546898
Make one. It's as easy as copy-pasting, changing the "last thread" link, finding a cool picture, and asking a question that everybody will ignore anyway.
Also, it's more typical for us to wait until page 9 before making a new thread.

>>53547028
NVM, too late. You can try next time.
>>
>>53539281
My players (new and old alike) choose races for appeal, no intervention required. New players because they don't know mechanical impacts, old players because they don't care.

(Not to say that adjustments aren't considered, but it's a pretty low priority--usually the race/character is chosen and the build works from there)
>>
>>53540168
I see tieflings are absent from the compatibility list, are they completely infertile? Or are they considered among infernals?

Same for aasimar
>>
>>53546859
Spells also have little historical basis anon.
>>
So if Surprise rounds don't exist in 5e,exactly what does, that represents instead it's meaning?
>>
>>53547377
Tiefling children are always tiefling, unless something happened to remove infernal bloodline
>>
>>53547377
For space reasons, aasimar, tieflings, and genasi are grouped under "planetouched", although now that I think about it there's no reason why I can't exceed the margins since it's not like I have to worry about print bindings.
>>
>>53547673
The suprised "condition."

At the start of combat, any participants who were caught particularly unaware of a fight breaking out are considered suprised, and thus are given the "Suprised" condition that prevents them from acting in their first turn and marks them as vulnerable to a few abilities such as the Rogue Assasinate.
>>
>>53545892
I just name everyone Dave
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.