[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 44

File: 1462846856104.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1462846856104.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
Previous thread: >>53509873
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-april-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/memorial-day-nonnotes-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What excites you the most for 5e?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
File: Cab_Driver.png (85KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Cab_Driver.png
85KB, 250x250px
Where to?
>>
Nothing.
>>
>>53538433
I need to talk to Strauss
>>
>>53538378
>What excites you the most for 5e

The possibility it will tank so hard that it will break WW and the IP might, just might, go to a better company.
>>
>>53538378
Wolfs somehow going even more full retard. Hunters getting shit done. Apparently fewer super elders manipulating everything. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>53538433
I aM oUt Of HeRe.
>>
>>53538378
>What excites you the most for 5e?
I hold out a very very very small hope that I might get a playable OWoD mage LARP book. But they'll probably fuck it up. By night studios likes things too flat and vampire-y for me to have faith they'll make something good, and nuWW seems to be going down the same path.
>>
File: 1495210045693.jpg (99KB, 836x465px) Image search: [Google]
1495210045693.jpg
99KB, 836x465px
>>53535674
>1. Wtf sheriff was

The Sheriff is BELIEVED to be a Nagloper, an African offshoot of the Tzimisce. This theory is supported by how LaCroix picked up the Sheriff in Africa, and by the fact that he possesses level six Vicissitude (Tzimisce/Nagloper discipline) that lets the vampire turn into a gigantic, monstrous bat.

>>53535674
>2. Kuej jin seem kinda racist towards normal vampires. Are they more powerful or is it just bravado?

See, Kuei-Jin aren't actually *vampires*, they're a different form of undead. Basically, they're wicked, tortured souls that escaped from Hell and clawed their way back into the living world.

When they re-enter the living world, most are little more than animals that need to consume life energy (or Chi) to survive. Chi can be found in many places, but is easily extracted from the flesh and blood of humans. So, "newborn" Kuei-Jin are basically frenzying cannibals that have to avoid the sun unless they want to rot away.

A Kuei-Jin can rise above the "mindless cannibal" stage through exemplary willpower or by being taught through pain, discipline and imprisonment at the hands of another Kuei-Jin. After a few years of this, the Kuei-Jin usually regain their minds.

Kuei-Jin do not follow "humanity", but instead follow philosophical paths (usually the ones practiced by the ones that freed them from mindless savagery). As they go down these paths, their power and "Dharma" increases, and they find new ways to extract chi (through the breath of people, the environment, etc).

They hate vampires because a lot of older Kuei-Jin blame the Western World for "corrupting" Asia... plus, they regard vampires as ugly parasites (hypocritical, I know) that bumble through unlife without purpose.

Kuei-Jin are more powerful in that every Kuei-Jin could potentially gain the power of Methuselah-level vampires, but realistically only one in about ten thousand Kuei-Jin ever reach that stage. Plus, vampires can reproduce like rabbits to outnumber them.
>>
File: Vampire 2017-05-16 11-45-18-15.jpg (602KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire 2017-05-16 11-45-18-15.jpg
602KB, 3840x2160px
>>53538617

Not him, but why would a vampire like that obey LaCroix? Blood bond?
>>
>>53538591
I was kinda surprised that the Nagloper never showed up in V20.
>>
>>53538617
Thanks for explaining mate.

One more thing that puzzled me. Nosferatu primogen and Anarch Baron of Hollywood are former movie actor/producer. Nines was embraced around great depression. LaCroix dates back to Napoleon. I understand LaCroix is thrown to the woofs by Camarilla but what about resto of those guys being this young for their positions. Is this normal for VtM?
>>
>>53538724
More likely a Boon, because Blood Bond can still be broken, more so by somebody with Fleshcraft.
Another interesting theory is that Sheriff was actually one with the power and LaCroix was just a puppet Prince.
>>
>>53538724
It could be a debt of honor. Or maybe simply friendship. I'm certain LaCroix can make friends when he needs to.
>>53538792
The thing is Nines, Isaac and Gary are practically Methuselahs by LA standards, especially after the Kuei-jin/wolves/Sabbat wiped away the rest.
>>
>>53538792
Anarchs are short-lived, both as individuals and as the movement. So yeah, one can raise to power in their ranks literally over couple years.
>>
>>53538899
>>53538890
Ok than how do Anarchs survive as a movement? They don't seem to have much appeal to elders, they are lcoked between camarilla and sabbat and there are kueji jin creeping from under the floor. Do anarchs have stronger presence in other parts of the world? Do they have dirty laundry of everyone else?
>>
>>53538724

Love.
>>
>>53539168
The Anarchs actually have a few elders like Smiling Jack or Jeremy Mac Neil, but their power lies in the old quote that you can't kill an idea. Younger vampires will eventually get fed up with the elders and will try to stage a revolt, so the movement can never truly die, especially in today's society were neo-feudalism and religious extremism aren't well seen. They've been around longer than the Camarilla and the Sabbat after all.
The Anarchs don't claim much territory beyond the Free State, but they have plenty of supporters and admirers among both the Camarilla and the Sabbat, which means direct action against them could cause unrest. The Free State isn't full of slouches, and managed to repel the super elite Black Hand and not to collapse on its own, which brought them plenty of recruits and deserters from the other sects.
>>
File: WoD-online-flying1.jpg (175KB, 1200x790px) Image search: [Google]
WoD-online-flying1.jpg
175KB, 1200x790px
>>53539168

>Ok than how do Anarchs survive as a movement?

Poorly.

But that's only for the past editions of the game.

Apparently, in V5, Anarchs are now going to be the majority, while Camarilla gets turned into a super secret exclusive club that only a few get into, while everyone on the streets is Anarch, and for whom only the 1st tradition applies: upholding the Masquerade.

Not sure how this will exactly work, given that it seems like you'll be able to Embrace anyone you like, without anyone's permission. Will they introduce some new mechanic, like Requiem had it, where you spent one point of your stats (I forget which) to turn someone into a vampire?
>>
>>53539168
They keep getting newcomers. If Kindred gets fed up with Camarilla but doesn't quite want to join Sabbat, they go Anarch. Ditto for the other way around. And there's plenty of those getting in modern nights, as Camarilla loses its firm grip and Sabbat get too freaky for their own good.
>>
Feedback requested on my preliminary ideas for a Stand User Micro Template:

http://pasted.co/cf353545
>>
>>53539168
>Ok than how do Anarchs survive as a movement?

In general, Anarchs survive through sheer willpower, a wild myriad of diverse tactics and competent fighting ability, and the fact that most Anarchs are just overlooked unless they're in violent revolt against the Camarilla... Aside from that, the Anarchs KNOW they are the new kids on the block, and so they leverage their modern knowledge to great benefit, knowledge that a lot of the older vamps in the Camarilla and the Sabbat simply doesn't understand.

Plus, Anarchs are willing to fight and die for what they believe in, whereas most Camarilla vamps aren't that devoted to their Sect's ideals except on paper.

>>53539168
>They don't seem to have much appeal to elders

This is true; very few elders become involved with the Anarch Movement, but the ones that do tend to be hardcore fanatics of the Anarch cause and real powerhouses (they have to be, in order to survive).

>>53539168
>Do anarchs have stronger presence in other parts of the world?

The Free States are (San Diego and Los Angeles) the real Anarch powerhouses in terms of Anarch population, but there's also a lot of Anarchs located in Scandinavia (where a Finnish Methuselah recently awakened and allied with the local Anarchs and is actively fighting against the Camarilla), Liverpool and Manchester, Boston, Wisconsin, Venezuela, Mombasa and Perth.

In addition, there are often gangs (small or big) of Anarchs in nearly every Camarilla City. Again, as long as Anarchs aren't in violent revolt against the Camarilla, they're just treated as regular Camarilla citizens.

>>53539168
>Do they have dirty laundry of everyone else?

No, but they have agents in damn near every other sect that are actively recruiting more to their cause, and during 2007-2008 some Anarch hackers caused the Financial Crisis and basically blackmailed Camarilla Elders into giving Anarchs more leeway by holding all their "old money" hostage.
>>
>>53539168
Anarchs are the ignored child while Mommy Camarilla and Daddy Sabbat argues. LA is one of the few places on the entire planet where they're actually a major faction.
>>
>>53539635

>vampire elders
>holding their money in banks

I mean, if you're an immortal, you pretty much have seen over the centuries how institutions like those can go belly up. They wouldn't store the majority of their material wealth there.
>>
Thanks everyone for answers. I'm requiemfag and bloodlines(i got it last week) were my first contact with vtm since late 90s/early 2000s.

>>53539482
>where you spent one point of your stats (I forget which)
As of second edition you have to burn dot of humanity to embrace someone
>>
File: The Batter.jpg (142KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
The Batter.jpg
142KB, 730x1095px
Virtue: Implacable
Vice: Sanctimonious
Aspiration: Purify The World

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 4, Wits 6, Resolve 8
Physical Attributes: Strength 5, Dexterity 4, Stamina 8
Social Attributes: Presence 5, Manipulation 4, Composure 8

Skills: Academics 1, Medicine 1, Occult 3, Investigation 5, Athletics (Running) 4, Brawl 3, Survival 2, Weaponry (Baseball Bat) 5, Expression (Zealot) 2, Intimidation (Single-Minded) 5, Persuasion 4, Subterfuge (Hide Motivations) 5

Merits: Area Of Expertise 1 (Single-Minded), Direction Sense 1, Interdisciplinary Specialty 1 (Single-Minded), Trained Observer 3, Greyhound 1, Iron Stamina 3, Parkour 4, Closed Book 4, Iron Will 2, Table Turner 1, Armed Defense 5, Defensive Combat 1 (Weaponry), Light Weapons 4, Killer Instinct 3 (Advanced 2)

Health: 13 (Size 5)
Willpower: 24
Defense: 9
Initiative: 12
Speed: 30 (Species Factor 21)
Potency: 8

Dread Powers: Immortal, Gatecrash* (Anything Needed), Know Soul, Natural Weapon 1 (Baseball Bat), Nothing But The Mission*, Numen (Aggressive Meme, Blast, Legion*, Seek, Speed), Purification*, Reality Stutter, Regenerate 3, Surprise Entrance

[Continued In The Next Post]
>>
>>53539772

And what stat did they use in 1e?
>>
File: Baali.jpg (63KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Baali.jpg
63KB, 720x1080px
>>53539772

Go play Redemption now.
>>
>>53538378

I can't wait for Mages to be nerfed up the butt
>>
>>53539787
*Gatecrash: A Horror with this Dread Power can open a gateway to other planes of existence (such as the Hedge, Primordial Dream, Shadow, Underworld or Astral Realms). The Horror spends a point of Willpower and makes an appropriate dice pool roll; if successful a gateway into the destination realm opens. The creature can hold the gate open for a number of turns equal to its Potency. Gatecrash can only open a gate to a specific realm, but may be selected multiple times, each time applying to specific Realm.

*Nothing But The Mission: The Batter is to be treated as if he was a God-Machine Angel for the purposes of his Aspiration. In other words, any supernatural means of making him abandon it automatically fail, and he is immune to Tilts that would make it impossible for him to act (such as Insensate and Beaten Down). He is also treated as having Eidetic Memory, Natural Aptitude, Total Control, Liar’s Tongue and Spoofing (use Composure + Subterfuge).

*Purification: The Batter has Influence 5 (Purity). The effects of this Influence are up to the ST. However, the following effects are free: he can see and interact with all frequencies of Twilight, his attacks cause supernatural damage, and when he Purifies a place, there can be no Anchor, Infrastructure, Resonant or equivalent Conditions there (but may cause the Open Condition for certain Abyssals).

Ban: The Batter must have the approval of a higher entity, force or group to progress with purification. Higher in this case does not necessarily mean supernatural or more ethical.

Ban: The Batter cannot use his Influence on a place without first killing the most important creature representative of that place. If he does so, then the purification occurs without him either taking an action or spending any Willpower.

Ban: The Batter cannot compromise or deal with problems indirectly; if the Batter gets into a fight, he must Go For Blood.
>>
>>53539814
>Mages
>nerfed

No they won't
Unless Swedish Dracula also hates mages
>>
>>53539790
A permanent dot of willpower, which you could repurchase with exp.
>>
>>53539877
I bet Elricsson is in the "vampires must be best" group

I can just picture him throwing Mage books into a fire
>>
>>53539635
>but there's also a lot of Anarchs located in Scandinavia (where a Finnish Methuselah recently awakened and allied with the local Anarchs and is actively fighting against the Camarilla)

Source for this? Sounds really interesting.
>>
>>53539790
Willpower Dot if I remember correct. You could use willpower point but that created humanity 0 larvae that was more vampire-zombie and could not be uplifted

>>53539808
Redemption was kind off fun back in a day but did not age well imho
>>
>>53539945
I think it's from the Anarchs Unbound.
>>
>>53539482
>it seems like you'll be able to Embrace anyone you like, without anyone's permission

Not necessarily; sure, the California Anarchs have a semi-codified code of conduct, but that's a loose code, and it existed BEFORE the second inquisition. No reason to believe some cities don't have siring regulations.
>>
>>53539877
Mages won't be able to play alongside the others if they stay the way they are
>>
File: Anarchs.jpg (111KB, 945x611px) Image search: [Google]
Anarchs.jpg
111KB, 945x611px
>>53539764
>I mean, if you're an immortal, you pretty much have seen over the centuries how institutions like those can go belly up. They wouldn't store the majority of their material wealth there.

Actually, a lot of them did (or more likely, the ones in charge of the Elder's finances did). It's talked about in "Anarchs Unbound".

A group of Anarchs (The Red Question) manipulated Camarilla Princes to crack down heavily on Anarch communities for minor slights, and then the Red Question made the Financial Crisis happen: The Elders had basically zero idea how the fuck they managed to do it, and to them it looked like magic. The Red Question flipped a switch, threw down the glove and said "come at me bro" and suddenly their resources started to RAPIDLY outright disappear or get invested into useless ventures and so on.

It spooked the Camarilla Elders so much they basically went "Fuck this, let the Anarchs do what they want, let them ridicule us as much as they want, IT'S NOT WORTH MY FUCKING MONEY!", and then they began investing time, effort and resources into making sure it could never happen again.

>>53539945
>Source for this? Sounds really interesting.

Anarchs Unbound.
>>
>>53539482
>Not sure how this will exactly work, given that it seems like you'll be able to Embrace anyone you like, without anyone's permission.

Too many vampires will lead to self-purging. Anarchs are pretty big on the whole "This is my turf, step on my turf and your ass is grass".

There's only so much space to go around, and vampires like carving out big territories for themselves.
>>
>>53540202
They aren't supposed to be able to! The gamelines in nWoD are supposed to have compatible rules so that the ST can use them as ANTAGONISTS or npcs if he wants, not so you can play Classic Horror Superfriends.
>>
>>53540428
That's nWoD, not 5e. If there's going to be a balancing act, mages will get the hammer.
>>
>>53540979
>If there's going to be a balancing act, mages will get the hammer.

Probably not. It's mandatory for mages to be strong fuckers.
The gamelines also weren't designed for crossover.
>>
>>53541170
>Trusting swedracula
You're def not going with the odds on this one. He'll probably fuck up mage worse than the ol' goat fucker did, unless we somehow get a miracle like Greg Stolze working on it.
>>
>>53541243
Don't worry. 5e will probably turn out worse than the 20th Anniversary editions.

Nobody will bother.
>>
File: 21-1-15.jpg (187KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
21-1-15.jpg
187KB, 800x600px
>>53538475
>>
>>53540311
The Anarchs also have Tremere hackers with mastery over technomany.
>>
>>53541271
>5e is gonna be unsalvageable trash

Why do we believe this again?
>>
>>53541931
Not him but, i would say the artwork and overall style they are going for is a bad sign. Also, the weird elysium mechanics they talked about.
>>
>>53542008
What Elysium mechanics? The "street wear/Elysium wear" dichotomy? I know I, at least, was doing that in my games the whole time - the elders want to feel comfortable, and they can't do that anywhere but Elysium.
>>
>>53542082
But do we need a mechanic for that? Also, not all vampires are crazy about wearing clothes from the renaissance-victorian-whatevertimehewasembraced.
>>
Ok cunts, why are you not running an anarch game?
>>
>>53542183
All they mentioned was that the dichotomy existed - and, while not necessary, I'd say it helps to reinforce an "us versus them" feeling with regards to mortals and helps to flesh out characters just a little more. All in all, I think it's a really minor thing to complain about, akin to declaring a line dead because their character sheets have a section along the top for eye color.
>>
>>53538378
I need creepy monster sounds. Preferably muffled as if heard over a great distance or separated by a barrier. Where should I look?
>>
File: StandUserMicroTemplate.pdf (51KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
StandUserMicroTemplate.pdf
51KB, 1x1px
Feedback requested on my preliminary ideas for a Stand User Micro Template
>>
>>53542256
Because I respect law, order, and good government too much
>>
>>53543426
So you hate the Camarilla too?
>>
>>53543701
Sabat Pack pretending to be camerilla is the most fun way to play the game.
>>
File: 20170531041723_1.jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20170531041723_1.jpg
86KB, 800x600px
I wish I could've done worse to this cunt
>>
>>53544057
Fuck you dude, he was just trying to get by.
>>
>>53542256
>Ok cunts, why are you not running an anarch game?

I actually AM running an Anarchs game.

So HA!
>>
File: Alas poor Julius.jpg (111KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Alas poor Julius.jpg
111KB, 800x600px
>>53544078
Now he's all over the place
>>
File: caitiffs.jpg (71KB, 736x911px) Image search: [Google]
caitiffs.jpg
71KB, 736x911px
>>53544109
Fuck yes! How is it going? Tell me everything.
>>
So am I the only one who feels like the V20 stuff's writing quality is noticeably inferior compared to revised?
>>
We should've been allowed to bloodboil kiki
>>
What would happen if you placed Requiem!Dracula, Castlevania!Dracula and Hellsing!Dracula into the same story for shits and giggles?
>>
>>53545592
Hellsing Dracula is essentially an Antediluvian. Would eat the other two.

Then an Archmage comes along and buttfucks him.
>>
>>53545687
I dunno man, Castlevania Dracula might be an Incarnate Beast who happens to be Vampire-like (the Castle is his Lair). Incarnate Beasts can pull off allsorts of ST fiat level stuff.

Requiem Dracula founded the Ordo Dracul, so he might have discovered powers that make him equal to the Hellsing and Castlevania versions.
>>
>>53545741
You're an idiot.
>>
>>53545741
>Incarnate Beasts can pull off allsorts of ST fiat level stuff.
Not really

>Requiem Dracula founded the Ordo Dracul, so he might have discovered powers that make him equal to the Hellsing and Castlevania versions
I suggest you actually take a thorough look at what Hellsing is capable of.
>>
>>53545827
It's ok friend, we can play however we wish. I just think it would be cool to have these three elder monsters who are so similar yet so different fighting (or maybe becoming fiendish friends).

It may be idiotic, but it's fun for me.
>>
>>53542256
Because I'm not a community college student.
>>
>>53545932
>Not really
Let me quote the Beast book.

>Bodhisattva: The Beast Incarnate knows Atavisms and Nightmares that no normal Beast could ever achieve. It can “deactivate” a Hero, or perhaps grant a Rampant or Unfettered Beast a new lease on life. The rules don’t apply to the Incarnate; they make their own rules. If the characters need to accomplish something that is impossible for other Beasts, perhaps they can track down one of these monsters?

From Page 244.

>I suggest you actually take a thorough look at what Hellsing is capable of.

I'll give you that. But I can determine his power level however I want. ST fiat and all.
>>
>>53546086
So Incarnate Beasts are essentially a lesser / dumbed down version of the True Fae
>>
File: 7523113144.jpg (308KB, 731x720px) Image search: [Google]
7523113144.jpg
308KB, 731x720px
What the hell is this bullshit I hear about a 5th Edition VtM coming out next year with a "You are what you eat" mechanic!?
>>
>>53546270
Not really. They are more like legendary monsters who are masters of their own stories, agelessness, immense power and free access to most of the other realms of the setting.
>>
>>53546343
TELL ME MORE
>>
>>53546454
https://www.tabletopgaming.co.uk/board-games/news/white-wolf-teases-vampire-the-masquerade-5th-edition-details
>>
File: 1416881646620.jpg (121KB, 573x581px) Image search: [Google]
1416881646620.jpg
121KB, 573x581px
>>53546343
>>
>>53546437
That's essentially what a True Fae is
>>
>>53546582
The difference is that True Fae are inherently solipsistic and distant. The Incarnates are right here, and their Life (human side) and Legend (monster side) get combined into a Myth, so you it is still possible to interact with them in ways you just can't with the True Fae.

The True Fae are also meant to be antagonists, while Incarnates can be allies and even Broodmates if you play your cards right.
>>
File: MtAs ad - truth until paradox.jpg (416KB, 990x1294px) Image search: [Google]
MtAs ad - truth until paradox.jpg
416KB, 990x1294px
I was thinking about MtAs 1e lore with the Progenitors spreading autism via vaccines and I realized that in that version of the setting every government conspiracy is true. Jet fuel CAN'T melt steel beams but some cyborgs with NWO supervision can. The leevees in New Orleans WERE bombed by NWO agents pretending to be Army engineers, all because the Syndicate wanted to try restructuring New Orleans. The FEMA death camps DO exist, they just haven't been implemented yet. In the 2016 elections Clinton was backed by the NWO while Trump was backed by the Syndicate.

Really ascends my almonds.
>>
>>53542183
Its to justify why assbandits look stupid in larps.
>>
>>53546454
You eat some hobo and gain +1 survival or +1 fortitude, or eat some speed addict and gain a point of celerity, its aids.
>>
>>53538525
>thinking 5e will break WW

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH
>>
>>53546689
>Progenitors spreading autism via vaccines
You know, I've seen this claim all over the net, but no one ever cites a page.
>>
>>53538773
They're a Lineage of the Laibon; they'd have to show up in KoEK20 which is never happening.
>>
File: Miranda - that's al 2.gif (492KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
Miranda - that's al 2.gif
492KB, 500x206px
>>53542256
Because Anarchs are awful.
>>
>>53544179
>uses picture of a Mage, a Werewolf and a Vampire from NWoD as caitiffs.
>>
Si I'm running NMage and wondering if it would be appropriate for Seers to cut deals with True Fae. Human Trafficking deals.
>>
>>53546343
>>53546454

There was a line in an early interview that a potential idea for Disciplines was 'you are what you eat,' and that you needed to feed from humans that exemplified aspects of the Discipline to use it. This got way changed to 'if you feed from people, you may get a certain bonus' in the playtest. Like, in the playtest, a guy ate from a homeless man and got a one-time +1 to a Stealth roll. It's not even past the pre-alpah development stage and might STILL get removed.
>>
>>53547121

Or Changeling Bounty Hunting.
>>
>>53547141
>might STILL get removed.
I sure hope so.
>>
>>53547121
Hell yes.
Sleepers are worthless scum only fit to be dominated.
Trading a few of them for mystical favours?
Done deal.
>>
>>53547280
Even if not, ifi t remains 'get a +1 or a temporary discipline dot' it's easy to ignone.

To answer OP, I'm excited about the Hunger system (it looks really nice as a way to play up the Beast a bit more) and the streamlining of combat (YAY NO MORE FOUR ROLLS!)
>>
>>53547304

Ok, Good.

I'm looking for concepts for "Seers so vile that they make Scelesti believe they're doing the right thing" and while Human Trafficking is kind of low hanging fruit, I'm sure the Seers make extensive use of it.
>>
>>53547111
It works a lot better that way.
>>
>>53547434

I am, of course, open to other suggestions.
>>
>Best clan in the camarilla
>Antitribu is the only good part of the Sabbat
>Not anarch scum
Why are the Ventrue allowed to be so great
>>
>>53547556

Because they're the Clan that won when the times changed and tech advanced.

The nature of the Masquerade makes the Ventrue the strongest members and stifles the other clans from their potential excepting maybe the Nosferatu.
>>
When are we getting another VtM cRPG?
>>
Why did the Lasombra get cursed with not being able to have a reflection? It sounds more fit for the Toreador clan, given how focused they are on beauty and what not, so they couldn't actually see themselves in mirrors.
>>
File: slenderman.jpg (115KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
slenderman.jpg
115KB, 800x600px
Family: Anakim
Hunger: Prey
Myth: The Mysterious, Ever-Watching Boogeyman

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 5, Wits 6, Resolve 8
Physical Attributes: Strength 5, Dexterity 6, Stamina 8
Social Attributes: Presence 7, Manipulation 6, Composure 8

Skills: Academics 3, Crafts 1, Investigation (Searching) 4, Medicine 1, Occult 4, Athletics (Chasing) 4, Brawl (Claws And Tentacles) 5, Stealth (Stalking) 7, Survival (Forests And Woodlands) 4, Empathy (Fear) 3, Expression (Sound Mimicry) 3, Intimidation (Appearing Out Of Nowhere) 6, Persuasion (Taking People Away) 5, Subterfuge (Evasive) 5

Merits: Area Of Expertise (Taking People Away), Danger Sense (Advanced), Direction Sense (Epic), Eidetic Memory (Advanced), Indomitable (Epic), Interdisciplinary Specialty (Taking People Away), Patient (Advanced 3), Trained Observer 3 (Advanced), Demolisher 3, Double-Jointed (Advanced), Greyhound, Closed Book 5, Iron Will, Retainer (Proxies 3 To 5), Striking Looks 2 (Uncanny), Untouchable, Untouchable Style 4, Killer Instinct 3 (Advanced 2), Hunger Management 3, Spoor 5, Wandering Soul 5

Willpower: 10
Defense: 10
Initiative: 14
Speed: 116
Health: 33
Lair: 10

[Continued In The Next Post]
>>
>>53547858
Atavisms: Alien Allure, From The Shadows, Limb From Limb, Looming Presence, In My Image, Inescapable, Mimir's Wisdom, Monster From The Deep, Needs Must, Relentless Hunter, Shadowed Soul, Siren’s Treacherous Song, Unbreakable

Nightmares: Behold My True Form, Fear Is Contagious, They Are All Around You, Run Away, You Are Not Alone, You Cannot Run, You Can’t Wake Up, You Will Never Rest, Tabula Rasa, You Are Lost, You Can't Trust Your Senses

Horror Traits: Power 14, Finesse 14, Resistance 13, Size 13, Health 23, Defense 10, Initiative 14, Speed 133

Lair Traits: Fog, Maze, Poor Light, Sealed Exits, Diseased (Grave), Disruption, Exposed, Mirages, Wondrous

Beast-Shapes: Legendary Size, One With The Shadows, Superior Atavism (Needs Must, Inescapable, In My Image, From The Shadows, Looming Presence), Unnatural Healing
>>
>>53547858
You should probably put these together in a PDF or something. It would be a pretty good resource.
>>
>>53547858
>>53547866
Superior Atavism no longer gives a free Satiety Expenditure per chapter. Instead, when an Incarnate selects a Superior Atavism, they gain a pool of points equal to their [Lair] to spend on improvisational, narrative effects for that Atavism based on their Myth. Greater effects cost more points, and they may recharge once per chaper per Superior Atavism by spending 1 Willpower point and rolling [Highest Resistance Attribute + Occult + Lair] with Rote Quality. Each Success restores one point of Superior Atavism. The Incarnate restores 1 point even if they fail the roll. When a Superior Atavism faces against another supernatural power, roll for a Clash Of Wills.
>>
>>53547878
I just might. Meanwhile, you can check out this character sheet and more in this thread:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/349384-think-of-fictional-characters-and-say-what-they-would-be-in-cofd
>>
>>53547556
>Tremere laughing at your ignorance.
Who do you think forged the Camarilla? Degenerates in nice suits are all you are
>>
>>53547912
Appreciate it. It's always nice to have stat blocks for NPCs.
>>
What would Harry Potter's Path in Awakening be?
>>
>>53548894
Obrimos
>>
>>53548894
Acanthus for all the plot armor and asspulls
>>
>>53541170
Pfftahahahaha fuck you.

They were meant to cross over or Sam Haight, the Week of Nightmares, the Massachusetts Wars, the Sixth Great Maelstrom and a fourth of the Jyhad/VtES cards would've never happened. Not to mention the Tremere straight up being former OoH before the whole vampire thing.

The difference is they were never built to play nice since nobody actually used or knew the the garbage fire oWoD rules, not even the designers of each line. Because of that, power and even basic mechanics were all over the map.
>>
>>53549079
To add to your points:
>Pentex/Syndicate connection
>The Red Sign
>Dark Alliance: Toronto
>Giovanni crossing over with WtO in their own splat
>>
>>53549079
While I agree with this, the various supernaturals were never meant to be balanced to begin with.
>>
>>53549183
>>Dark Alliance: Toronto
You mean Vancouver.
>>
>>53548894
Potterverse magic meshes poorly with mage. Some anon translated some spells over to mage a couple weeks ago. The flashlight spell would be forces 5 ffs.
>>
>>53549541
The magic in Harry Potter is also relatively weak in comparison to most fictional works.
>>
>>53549314
At least someone understands this
Even in CofD, they were never meant to be balanced against each other.
As DaveB has said before, they're internally balanced, not externally balanced; they did their best to make sure no single power/set available to a splat was inherently better than the others, and they succeeded.
Granted, there's some people who will argue that you *need* all the physical Disciplines in Vampire, because they expect combat at every turn, but that just means they have a shit ST
I should know, I had an ST who forced me to constantly buy physical disciplines in order to survive the fights he kept throwing at me
>>
>>53549516
Whatever, it's Canada
>>
>>53549551
I don't think the problem is their power it's that they're remarkably uncreative w/ their magic.

Most of the battles were glorified roman candle fights.
>>
>>53549541
That does not stop people from doing Hogwarts to Awakening setting conversions.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/887185-hogwarts-the-wizarding-world-chronicle-2e

But anyway, Harry is likely Acanthus or Obrimos.
>>
>>53549541
Admittedly, that's because in such situations those Mages are using brute force and just creating the light he needs.

Control Light (Forces 2) can actually "dim or intensify existing light [in the] spell's alrea of effect", each point of Potency doubling or halving candescence.
All you need to do is tie that enhancement area to the tip of your wand, that DOES require some level of light to begin with, though.

Transform Energy (Forces 4) can turn room temperature at the tip of your wand into a flashlight as well, with just 1 potency (which is what you automatically get for casting it). So the tip of your wand will be freezing cold, but it will radiate enough light for you to use.
>>
>>53549691
Which get's back to the point of lack of creativity. Why create light w/ an inconvenient spell that requires you holding a wand and giving away your presence instead of granting yourself night vision etc.
>>
>>53549770
camera/audience needs to see Hermionies sexy face though
>>
>>53549770
Eh worth pointing out that wizard community in potterverse was very much product of the bygone eras in how they did things
>>
>>53538433
Hello Cain. You fucked up this vampire thing.
>>
>>53550411
What kinda bugs me about this whole vtm thing Cain seems preety chill guy(sorta). Why are all antes crazy douches?
>>
>oh boy can't wait to discuss World of Darkness with my frie-
>It's a Harry Potter fanfiction thread
>>
can someone inform an outsider on this Zak Smith thing I keep hearing about?
>>
>>53551337
Was that the guy who goes about harassing trans WoD writers and shit?
>>
>>53551459
He or his fans were harassing Dave Hill
>>
>>53551459
I don't know man, I keep hearing people harp on about him.
>>
File: 59480447_p1.jpg (61KB, 1000x566px) Image search: [Google]
59480447_p1.jpg
61KB, 1000x566px
Shhhh the Acanthus is sleeping.
>>
>>53551487
Nah, I remember someone said the trans character in the vampire intro game that came out recently was supposed to be a jab at some trans writer
>>
>>53551572
That might be some new drama. Only trans writer I know of working for OPP is Rose but I have no idea if they have any conflict(not unlikely given Zak S is at war with David Hill). Anyway I have nothing solid and I would prefer to avoid guessing
>>
>>53551337
TLDR, Zak Smith is an insufferable SJW fuccboi and also a massive douchebag, his twitter horde is the same deal.
Him and Dave Hill had bad history so a fight breaks out during the mobile game launch, his fanboys start shit, everyone gets mad triggered and Hill ends up leaving.
>>
>>53551755
With in consequence leads to CtL 2ed getting postponed
>>
How much of C:tL there is in the playtest material? What's missing?
>>
>>53552115
There's quite a lot, but we don't know what's still in the final version, and we're missing a reasonable proportion of each section.
Including pledges, many contracts, some seemings, and so forth.
>>
>>53550467
He's probably had a few millenia to chill, while his kids decided "man being a douchebag is so cool but I'm so tired so I'm gonna go take a nap and be a douche again when I wake up"
>>
>>53552171
Exactly. Dude's done very little for millenia.
He's had every opportunity to turn around and eat all of his progeny.
But he hasn't. All odds are that he's come to be more humane than most modern Vampires.

It's like children running screaming from an angry parent, thinking he's only going to be more mad as time passes, but eventually finding out he's forgotten and doesn't care about whatever you did any more.
>>
>>53552242
Ech the thing is he still abandoned vampires from 4th gen up to fend for themselves instead of putting his foot down and forcing them to behave. So he is less abusive and more neglectful
>>
>>53552320
Man, think of all the childe support he owes.
>>
>>53552349
This is why he is trying to stay under the radar. Would rather drive cab around LA than take responsibility
>>
>>53551662
Just googled it - apparently the character in the games, "Avery," shares a name with a RL transgender individual, "Avery Alder," who Zak once had his posse brigade and harass. The thinking goes that the character, presented as extremely promiscuous and violently unhinged in some ways, is possibly meant to be insulting.

>>53551755
I dunno about SJW, mate. I found out about what I've posted above through SJW circles.
>>
>>53552670
Ach I see. Man why would WW hire this asswipe is beyond me
>>
>>53552743

In their defense, I doubt he included all this on his resume. As a point against them, though, he's not been fired.
>>
>>53552804
What can be held against them is that David Hill did complain as soon as they announced hireing Zak S. From what I remember they found nothing wrong back then. So when more cases like this will pop up they have only themselves to blame
>>
>>53551779
Is it still reasonable to hope it comes out before the end of the year?
>>
>>53553161
Hahahahahaha.
No.
>>
>>53553161
A lot depands on how salty Hill is now and will they get his material or will they rewrite chunks of the book(it seems now that the rewriting option is hte one they went for)
>>
File: Sweating-Man.jpg (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sweating-Man.jpg
47KB, 300x300px
>>53553444
>rewrites
>>
>>53546343
SUPER AIDS

Haha lets Force this cool new Feature down their throats. Vamps have to hunt and Personal Horror and shit...

In reality: Everyone and their grandmother will Drink from an MMA Fighter before a fight.

>>53539482
This is borderline retarded.

>Muh young vampires can use computers so fuck the old vampires who had centuries to control everyone they need to

5e Sounds like a mistake.

>>53539168
What the other posters said is reasonable.

One/ a few anarch free states where the hardcore Anarchs fight.

Loose gangs of Anarchs in camarila cities. Most vamps there become normal camarila members after a while. Its seen as youthful shenanigans. You won't kill the Child you sired for being retarded for a few decades. A conservative politician won't cut his son out of the lease for smoking pot and being a socialist during college.

The there is a heavy mix between Autarkis and Anarchs. Small cities and villages the elders aren't interested in. There the Anarchs can try their projects.

Oh have i mentioned that in my next Game a group of gun crazy libertarian anarchs will appear to subvert this whole boring shtick of anarchs being pseudo-socialists.
>>
I need some help.
We want to run a dark ages style chronicle with the newer sytems.
Is there a patch, a skill list, or even a simple character sheet for medieval nWod?
>>
>>53553557
I'm not sure but some mechanical guidelines should be in Dark Eras Companion
>>
>>53553544
>Muh young vampires can use computers so fuck the old vampires who had centuries to control everyone they need to

This had some attention in requiem. Invictus Covenant Book mentions that elder vampires in it make heavy(thou discreet) use of tech consultants and employ more tech savvy neonates to keep up.

Why wouldn't camarilla elders have such countermeasures in place?
>>
>>53553690
thanks
>>
>>53553864
Because it wouldn't be white wolf if it was coherent and made sense
>>
>>53553544
>In reality: Everyone and their grandmother will Drink from an MMA Fighter before a fight.

everyone who has access to one, maybe, but i doubt a coterie of neonates is going to find a host of mma fighters to slurp down every night

>>>Muh young vampires can use computers so fuck the old vampires who had centuries to control everyone they need to
>
>5e Sounds like a mistake.

this shit has been in the game forever.
>>
>>53553864

>Why wouldn't camarilla elders have such countermeasures in place?

This. You don't need the dank tech skills when you have the leverage to blackmail facebook. And mind control skills enough to have one or two tech savants who are deadly loyal.

>>53554017

>this shit has been in the game forever
Anarchs mostly were annoying. I don't thin making Anarchs the strongest sects make any sense. Its not like grand capital (which is controlled by the elders) hasn't the menas to just buy all the tech shit they need.

>>53540311
>The Elders had basically zero idea how the fuck they managed to do it, and to them it looked like magic. The Red Question flipped a switch, threw down the glove and said "come at me bro" and suddenly their resources started to RAPIDLY outright disappear or get invested into useless ventures and so on.

What happened in reality ? The big banks used their influence to get bailed out by the government. The exact same shit elders would do. Sure a few ultra rich people jumped the gun but most got away. So i don't think that is a good way for anarchs to fuck the elders. Apart from the fact that the idea that a few hackers caused the crisis and not a fucked up housing bubble is really retarded. Vampires don't really control EVERYTHING in my book.
>>
>>53547823
Because everyone got an ironic punishment, not a cruel one.

Lasombra used to kill with his enemies not being able to see him, so he was cursed with not being able to see himself
>>
>>53554499
Well, not everyone. Some clans, like the Brujah and Followers of Set, just got magnified versions of their founders' personality traits.
>>
>>53553864
Not to mention:

Where the fuck does this meme of old vampires not being able to use computers come from? Old people learn how to use computers all the time, and they're just mortals
>>
>>53554521
They're ironic as well

>Brujah: He who claimed innocence because the Beast ruled him shall be slave to the Beast forever

Brujah tried to justify the murder of his sire by claiming the Beast took hold, so therefore the Beast will really take hold

>Set: He who reveled in the darkness/of his own foul hunger Shall be bound to that darkness forever, kin to the most vile, accursed by God

Set was a degenerate who dealt in darkness so therefore will dwell in darkness
>>
>>53554583
But... that's not ironic. Irony is the opposite of what's expected; those are both extremely expected.
>>
>>53554603
Well okay, irony isn't the word I was going for, let's say... fitting?
>>
>>53554356
>Anarchs mostly were annoying. I don't thin making Anarchs the strongest sects make any sense.

They're not necessarily the strongest - it's just a repeat of the first inquisition, where the older vampires retreated to the shadows, let the mortals kill the younger vamps, and then came back out once it was all said and done.

>>53553864
>Why wouldn't camarilla elders have such countermeasures in place?

>How could the DNC get hacked? You're telling me they didn't have any tech savvy employees or private security?

They did have countermeasures, and the anarchs beat them. Why's that so unbelievable?
>>
>>53554666
>They're not necessarily the strongest - it's just a repeat of the first inquisition, where the older vampires retreated to the shadows, let the mortals kill the younger vamps, and then came back out once it was all said and done.

Meeeeh. My suspension of disbelief told me the vamps wouldn't survive a second inquisition. The first one was close call. With flamethrowers, assault rifles and globalization they would be fucked.
>>
>>53554666
>They did have countermeasures, and the anarchs beat them. Why's that so unbelievable?
because snagging some emails is a lot easier than ruining the economy
>>
>>53554890
The second Inquisition is in progress as of V5, it remains to be seen if they survive. This is the strategy is camarilla's employing in an attempt to.

>>53554932
Then we can talk about stuxnet or this most recent ransomware thing or that bank that got hacked in Hong Kong or something. Point is, it's not inconceivable that some kind of large scale hack could happen, and the anarchs would be the vampires to do it.
>>
>>53554988

Yeah, as part of an alliance with the Technocracy and Pentex. Which is all kinds of bullshit.
>>
>>53554932
This.

I think vampires being behind every major development is fucked and boring.

And Two other points:

1) Again the Banks (aka big capital aka the elders) got bailed out. The elders are probably best suited too survive shit like this.

2) Elders are constantly portraied as cunning creatures with the survival lessons of centuries. At this Point every Elder has experienced 3 Financial crashes at least. They sure as fuck would diversify their Portfolio enough to have a fuckhuge stack of gold,diamonds,Art etc.

>>53554932

1) Not my Kind of setting then. Is the wider public aware of vamps?

2)

>Stuxnet

Stuxnet was large scale and essentially delayed irans nuclear development for a few months.

>crashing the whole economy

Is fuckinggianthugemassive scale then. There is a very easy and effective safeguard too prevent shit like this. All Stock movement is terminated once the system/the admins register a suspicious pattern.
>>
What do you think is a better option for running a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game in the CoD: create a Micro Template, or wait for Geist 2ED and make a setting hack for it that's more the Weird than the Gothic?
>>
>>53555244
>the banks got bailed out
Yeah, the banks did. But, seeing as vamps aren't secretly in control of every human endeavor, you say that the impact on the human world was an unintended side effect - have the anarchs themselves be split on the issue, with some thinking it wasn't worth it, others thinking it's all for the greater good, etc.

>they would have a diversified portfolio
We don't know the exact nature of what the anarchs did and with whose help they did it. Maybe they got some sympathetic nossies, or even got tricked by mages eager for a chance to get the inquisition rolling. I'll give you this - if it's played straight, a la "hacktivists took down the fat cats" stuff, it'll be a little disappointing.
>>
>>53555244
>Is fuckinggianthugemassive scale then.

Forgot to address this - remember, this is a world where the Masquerade (until recently) was effective. Huge conspiracies and coverups aren't exactly impossible.
>>
File: VentrueHackivist.png (368KB, 452x613px) Image search: [Google]
VentrueHackivist.png
368KB, 452x613px
>>53553544
Most of the really old vampires in the Camarilla still use parchment to write letters. They are simply too sluggish and lazy to actually get up and learn something new. They do try to get as many neonates to help them as possible but the Camarilla is still way behind the Anarchs when it comes to the internet.

And yeah, not all anarchs are socialists, just read Anarchs Unbound.
>>
>>53550467
>What kinda bugs me about this whole vtm thing Cain seems preety chill guy(sorta). Why are all antes crazy douches?
He's a colossal dick too, he's just above the Jyhad so he doesn't need to show it as often.
>>
>>53556434
I keep hearing about Anarchs Unbound. Is it actually good, personally i couldnt give a fuck about anarchs hence why i havent read it yet but what does it do for the gameline?
>>
>>53554583

>Brujah: He who claimed innocence because the Beast ruled him shall be slave to the Beast forever
>Set: He who reveled in the darkness/of his own foul hunger Shall be bound to that darkness forever, kin to the most vile, accursed by God

What book is this from?
>>
>>53556597
Erciyes Fragments
>>
>>53556535

is this you?

https://killscreen.com/articles/florida-republican-nerd-shamed-larping-vampire/
>>
>>53538433
So, is he really Cain?
>>
>>53556668
And why does he have Bronx accent?
>>
>>53555205
They're probably poised to backstab the other at a moments notice
>>
>>53556668
According to Troika: Yeah, totally.
According to White Wolf: No, this was just a Malkavian metuselah thinking he's Caine. The real Caine was off doing nothing in a cave for millenia, then he trolled Beckett for a bit and Gehenna happened.
>>
>>53556688
It's fake. He has a different accent when he starts talking to you more.
>>
>>53556535
It's actually really good. The writing is top notch. You get a lot of information about the Anarchs around the world and what anarchy means to each of them. There is a lot of conflict between the more modern hacktivist style anarchs and the average punk who just wants to burn down the Tremere chantry.
>>
>>53556771
I really preferred it when the anarchs were mostly just the Camarilla's loyal opposition.
>>
Is VtM: Redemption cRPG any good?
>>
>>53556788
You liked better when they were just street gangs with zero development?
>>
>>53556750
What about those paintings of Caine in the Santa Monica gallery you need to destroy, what do they mean?
>>
>>53556619

Thanks.

>Behold my most deadly childe, who loved murder for its own sake. Let him be addicted to the taste of killing, so that all may fear and loathe him.

>Yes, that is truly a fearsome curse. "You like killing, so I will make you like killing even more."
>>
>>53556849
Found the D&D player.
>>
>>53556808
yes but dated
>>
>>53556849
No one ever said that the first vampire had to be smart
>>53556873
That's actually a quote from the book
>>
File: Untitled.png (29KB, 871x356px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
29KB, 871x356px
>>53556668

Yes.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1764x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1764x1275px
>>53556873

That's a quote from the cliffnotes that other vampires penned down.
>>
>>53556897
It's a curse because when all you do is murder, no one wants to be close to you. What is hard to understand about that?
>>
>>53556881
I've heard it's system is strange and not really based on the tabletop, is that true?
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1764x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1764x1275px
>>53556929
>>
>>53556841
The four paintings are four scenes from his own myth: killing Abel, being cursed by God, finding Lilith (who taught him the Disciplines) then abandoning her.

I don't think there's any significance to them beyond getting the player the basics of the story. And the Blood Guardian is entirely unexplained, it's a small mystery.

Bloodlines has a lot of paintings of Caine (especially in Lacroix's office), it would be funny if all of them are actually cursed.
>>
>>53556930
He already loved murder. Caine's basically saying
>you loved murder, so now I'm cursing you to love murder
>>
>>53556973

Not him, but before that, it was a choice, and now it was made something wholly outside his control, an addiction he cannot fight against.
>>
>>53556930
I like to think that vampires in general are part of Caine's punishment. There's a lesson here about having to see stupid murderers killing their own flesh and blood in petty squabbles for all eternity.
>>
>>53556973
That's not what he said. It was more like "You like killing, huh? So now you're going to kill everyone, like it or not."
>>
>>53557023
By cursing him to need to murder, hes basically making him a hermit, cos who the fuck is going to trust him around you when he will most likely murder your ass...
>>
>>53556929
>>53556946
These are really good pages. Even ignoring the content, I love the idea itself.

Sometimes between all the utter failures to provide useful tables of contents and organize information for ease of access, I forget the great creativity on display in the VtM books.
>>
>>53556941
Been ages since ive played it, its pretty close to tabletop, i cant remember tho desu, the story was good in places, some of it was wank, but overall i remember enjoying it when it first came out. I recently tried to replay it but it hasnt aged well
>>
>>53556829
Kind of, but it's largely because I support the Camarilla as a necessary force for protection against the Sabbat, as well as the main framework for Kindred to retain Humanity.
>>
>>53556035

Not without supernatural intervention they aren't.

>>53556750

I think Troika gets the setting better than White Wolf then

>>53556946

Saulot really had them all fooled, didn't he?
>>
>>53557203
Troika's version of the setting is certainly a lot more fun.
>>
Would a Mask be hurt more or less by the presence of a Promethean than that of a real human?

Their whole thing being the existence of life literally hurting them, are Prommies considered alive for those purposes?
>>
>>53557238
mask?
>>
>>53557203

>Saulot really had them all fooled, didn't he?

t. OPP

Seriously though, there's no need to shit on something that was well established even back then, just so you don't have to write something that's actually new.
>>
>>53557340
The slasher type. The ones that are superhumanly tough and can shrug off anything short of literally being mulched.
>>
>>53557203
>>53557222
Bloodlines in general is a bit more optimistic than White Wolf actual's canon. The panic over the sarcophagus turns out to be a practical joke, the Anarchs are portrayed more as sympathetic underdogs than just another faction of predatory monsters, and during the dialog with Caine at the end he doesn't talk of Gehenna at all, instead telling you that ultimately, vampires make their own fate ("I only drive you to your destination, it's up to you to decide where to go" or something similar).
>>
>>53557407
Slashers are still human.
>>
>>53557238
>are Prommies considered alive for those purposes?
I'd say no, the whole point of Prometheans is that they're not The Real Deal(tm).
>>
>>53557445
I'm not talking about disquiet, I'm talking about on the Mask's end, part of their drawback is that living human beings cause them unbearable pain. Would a Promethean count as a living human being for those purposes?
>>
>>53557484
Prommies arnt human so no
>>
Initiative in cofd doesnt explode does it?

Its not a dicepool so you dont reroll 10's right?
>>
File: 1456812095344.png (1MB, 1059x800px) Image search: [Google]
1456812095344.png
1MB, 1059x800px
>>53556434

>They are simply too sluggish and lazy to actually get up and learn something new. They do try to get as many neonates to help them as possible but the Camarilla is still way behind the Anarchs when it comes to the internet.

>paranoid as fuck
>not trusting anyone
>razor sharp survival instincts
>still use parchment

Sounds like someone who a) Has a shitload of cash, gold, art etc. b) sure as fuck is having a dominated/bloodbound slave for finances.

>Yeah, the banks did. But, seeing as vamps aren't secretly in control of every human endeavor

No but in control of the banks. At least in my WoD. And its not like you can have massive conspiracies and then the elders aren't at least in partial control of the banks.
>>
File: Vampireego.png (160KB, 1080x920px) Image search: [Google]
Vampireego.png
160KB, 1080x920px
What you guy think new general thread picture?
>>
>>53558195
They don't control the banks directly, they have people for that. Their dominated slaves ain't shit compared to actual vampire hackers.
>>
File: 1495281239387.jpg (352KB, 1000x701px) Image search: [Google]
1495281239387.jpg
352KB, 1000x701px
>>53558382

>hacking
>a discipline that is so new a human can be still alive while having experienced it from the start
>somehow being a vampire makes you better at it than hordes of well educated and high paid professionals (doped up on aderall).

And again someone who was old when the stock market emerged is bound to have a fuckton of gold.
>>
>>53552670
He says its based on his friend, 4chan's own linetrap.
>>
>>53552835
Probably because NuWW gives 0 fucks about OPP.
>>
>>53558328
I'm saving this for my campaign.
>>
>>53557433

>vampires make their own fate

That is true in oWoD as well.
>>
>>53558328

You could literally say this for every splat there is. You just seem to either be intent on falseflagging and thus shitposting, or just genuinely butthurt about a splat that has no impact on what you personally enjoy or play.
>>
>>53558716
I think this might just be reference to Prophecy film series...with is great(1 and 3rd part are at least) and has christopher walken as archangel gabriel and viggo mortensen as lucifer(he nails it)

>Killing you would be so easy.
>Yeah? Fried food can kill me, a mugger can kill me. You're not so special down here, Jones!
>>
Can someone tell me why is another company making a Werewolf videogame and not Paradox/Obsidian?
>>
File: Smug_Duck.png (20KB, 683x538px) Image search: [Google]
Smug_Duck.png
20KB, 683x538px
>>53558328
Dedicated duck can do far worse than that.
>>
>>53558716
I think the sentiment is valid for every supernatural splat to be honest.
>>
I was reading over the Mage ToJ book earlier, and I think have an idea as to what the Marauder Victory Condition might be. Since It wasn't explored in the book for some reason

Marauders' whole thing is that they oppose unity and spread discord and mayhem.

This is because they see in each and every person a complete godhead, a new potential universe, a fresh start. By that logic, if only two people manage to ascend that way it's a net gain.

Their Quiets are how they work towards that goal of becoming a new parallel universe. There's a reason the Chorus hates Marauders more than Nephandi, and that's because Marauders demonstrate that unity was never the answer.
>>
>>53558328
Yes. But this doesn't account for the ease of things relative to other splats.

Some supernaturals have easier times killing others. Such as mages.
A Hunter could kill a vampire, but it's going to take a lot of work.
>>
File: kelly vtm.jpg (60KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
kelly vtm.jpg
60KB, 500x433px
>>53558328
Do we have a WoD General version of pic related?
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 197x255px
>>53561000
This is perfect
>>
>>53561000
Well at least she didn't go through sabbat phase.
>>
>>53560160
tell that to the cainites
>>
>>53558328
>>53558716
>>53560160
>someone posts a funny picture that mocks a dumb vampire cliche
>vampfags get super butthurt about it

>water is wet
>>
What would an Antediluvian and an Archmage discuss if they met in person?
>>
>>53561664
They would probably kill each other.
>>
>>53561664
>"So, we're both involved in world-spanning conspiracies that have controlled everything since the dawn of humanity and somehow we've managed to spend all that time barely noticing you guys and your huge influence in world events we have a direct interests in monitoring? Funny how that works."
>>
>>53561664
Most Archmages can't step foot on Earth for obvious reasons.

It would be interesting if one invited an Antediluvian over for tea on one of their personally crafted planets.
>>
Speaking of Archmages. Would it be an easy thing to use Imperial Mysteries for Ascension instead of the dreadful Masters of the Art?
>>
>>53562092
Maybe if you want to rewrite pretty much all the rules of both games.
>>
File: what could have been.png (99KB, 987x528px) Image search: [Google]
what could have been.png
99KB, 987x528px
>>53562092
Kinda. Malcolm Sheppard (one of the authors of Imperial Mysteries) wrote a bit regarding what he would have done with the Archspheres had they been included in M20.

Sadly, it never happened. Because Brucato. An atrocious mess could have been reworked into something great.
>>
>>53562195
You could hardly expect Brucato to include how arch-spheres work when he didn't even include how the normal ones work
>>
>>53562210
muh food porn
>>
>>53552835
The problem is, everyone is screaming FIRE HIM FIRE HIM BAD OPP. If there is no LEGAL, ACTIONABLE evidence, they would be violating contracts most likely if they just fired him 'cause someone said he's a bad man.
>>
File: OPP don't pay.jpg (621KB, 641x3000px) Image search: [Google]
OPP don't pay.jpg
621KB, 641x3000px
>>53553444
Dude, they were rewriting huge chunks of the book WHILE HE WAS WRITING THEM.

Here, Hill's twitter breakdown.
>>
>>53556750
Caine implies that it was him; he talks about how he projected himself outside of the cave around the turn of the century in boredom.
>>
>>53557763
Correct. It's just a die roll, it does not explode.
>>
>>53559241
Because WW is a subsidiary company and chose to license it out to a different company. Paradox is the parent company, not the actual content of WW.
>>
>>53562476
That's in the Gehenna novel, right? I don't think it's in the pastebin's MEGA.
>>
I started fleshing out a vampire setting. Is going to be cologne. I love how european history lends itself to this Stuff.
>>
>>53558382
>>53558195
In my campaign none of the factions really own mortal institutions, purely because they're all over the place.

Who controls finance, media, business, politics? Fucking no one, because first of all you have the Technocracy whose influence is all over that shit, then you have Hermetics and Vampires with their grubby hands all over the rest of it, to say nothing of normal mortals who have no idea their colleague they've known for the last twenty years has a pentagram necklace under his suit that lets him read minds.
>>
>>53557203
>Not without supernatural intervention they aren't.
You mean, like a league of vampire socialists, anarchists, and liberal democrats?

>>53558490
Yeah, but it doesn't change much. It's either a Sacha Vykos-tier attempt at representation, or continued harassment from a frequent harasser.
>>
Anyone ran a Kuei-jin campaign? How was it?
>>
What would an Archamster of Spirit discuss w/ Luna and Helios if he invited them over to his chantry for tea.
>>
>>53562510
That's fucking dumb. It's almost like they don't want to succeed. I'll probably be dead before we get another game as good as Bloodlines.
>>
>>53562519
Yep. Also here's a copy.
>>
Fun fact: Disneyland is controlled by the Technocracy.
>>
>>53555806
None, use monsters and other childish things
>>
>>53562713
How much do Mages know about the Celestines? How about Technocrats?

>>53562718
Thanks.

>>53562751
And in return the Mouse probably owns the Technocracy.
>>
>>53552670
>the character, presented as extremely promiscuous and violently unhinged in some ways, is possibly meant to be insulting.
Tranny that flirts with taxi drivers randomly and then either fucks or murders them depending on their political views?
>>
>>53562823

Yep, that's the one.
>>
>>53562713
Trying to convince Helios his wings would be very pretty if the Phenomenal World was made into the Ponymenal World.
>>
>>53562714
How is abiding by legal methods dumb? Also, the OMG ZAK S people are a SMALL minority of the greater WW fandom. It's like a guy said on the OPP forum the other day, you can be as salty as you want about the changes, but in the scale of the WORLD, the people screaming about things on the OPP forum are a small (but vocal) cross-section of the WoD fandom.
>>
is the "Masque of the red death" trilogy of novels in one of the links?

Been ages since i read it and i now feel like i want to reread it.
>>
>>53562861
It's dumb to hire some third party studio to make a game for one of your biggest franchises when you have Obsidian at your disposal.
>>
So is 'the corpus author' from imperial mysteries the most powerful mage w/ given stats?
>>
>>53562976
Currently, yes. Kadmon the Gardener isn't that far off.

I would imagine old man Merlin has monster stats as well.
>>
>>53562976
The Corpus Author is statless having long since ascended. Her Ochemata is what's given stats.

>>53563096
Same goes for Merlin
>>
>>53562963
Whoops, I misquoted. Also, how do you figure they have 'Obsidian at their disposal'? They still have to have a contract and such that Obsidian would want to do, and Obsidian would have to have the spot on their plate open.
>>
>>53563542
Paradox owns Obsidian.
>>
>>53563554
That doesn't mean 'at their disposal'.
>>
>>53563554
>>53563542
>>53563577
We will most likely get another VtM cRPG. Paradox owns the licence, they said they are working on the game, Obsidian makes RPGs, Tim Cain is in Obsidian, right now he is working on an RPG as a lead designer.
>>
>>53563625
It's not 'most likely,' it's 'we will'. It's the primary reason that Paradox BOUGHT the IP, as they want a AAA video game to coincide/be the lead in/face of the transmedia brand they want to turn WoD into.
>>
>>53563625
I do hope we get another VTM. Too bad they treat Werewolf like their adopted child.
>>
>>53563782
I have some news for you senpai
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>>
>>53550467
Because antes being crazy doesn't make sense. Atleast 3 were active only 1000 years ago and the world didn't explode then.
>>
>>53563946
That's exactly what i was talking about. They gave Werewolf away to a small developer instead of doing it themselves.
>>
What is the best way to ignore getting fucked by the sun in V20?
>>
File: MAGE FUCK YEAH.jpg (266KB, 1400x596px) Image search: [Google]
MAGE FUCK YEAH.jpg
266KB, 1400x596px
>>53564098

Because Obsidian is working on a Mage game.

You start off as a Sleeper, fully customizable character. Mostly open world. And yes, you can buy custom gear, you plebe. (Bet you want to join the technocracy too.)

As the game goes on you become a sleepwalker and gain "Wild Talents" (Hedge Magic). Your choices throughout the game as you try to bring down the antagonist, a Mad Mage wreaking havoc throughout the world as you pursue your own Awakening determine whether your character joins the Traditions, Technocracy, or Nephandi in the ending sequence.

None of that is true, but I want to believe it. And if we all believe hard enough...
>>
>>53564179
Ask a mage to conjure a shield around yourself 24/7

It's a cheat.
But mages are meant to cheat.
>>
>>53564179
Don't go out into the sun.
Bam, problem solved.
>>
>>53564247
Remind me why all vampires don't have a mage for a friend again?
>>
>>53564295

Because mages are assholes who will just as soon render your undead ass down for quintessence/mana as soon as look at you.
>>
>>53564295
Because other mages would bully those mages
>>
Is there a way for Vampires to eat?
>>
>>53564324
>>53564327
Is it mandatory for mages to be douchebags though?
>>
>>53564330
The Nagaraja eat meat.
>>
>>53564179
>Be Tzimetzi
>Create ghoul
>Take out their bones & shit
>Living people sack
>Wear them like a suit
>Put sunglass lenses in the eye holes, hide the weird black eyes
>>
>>53564226
That would be awesome desu.
>>
>>53564355
No but it helps.
>>
>>53564355

Well, let's look at things from a mage's point of view.

You're fighting a war against other mages or facing all sorts of otherworldly horror on a regular basis, using your own soul as your weapon and armor of choice.

Along comes this thing with a shriveled-up soul that will never be like you. Worse, the fucker is contagious, and there's so many of them.

All those people who could have - should have - known the glory of Awakening are instead irreversibly stunted by the curse of a fratricidal forager. These fuckers are in the way of your goals simply by being what they are.

And one of them wants your help so it can go forth by day and spread it's pestilence even more? Only someone as debased as a Nephandi or Seer of the Throne (depending on gameline) would see this as a positive choice.
>>
What it's like to play the first edition of MtAs?
>>
File: aerys targaryen.jpg (85KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
aerys targaryen.jpg
85KB, 1000x563px
>>53564454
Heh, look at this Obrimos.
>>
>>53564454
Okay, but mages are nerds. Some of which are nerdgirls. Nerdgirls unconditionally love all vampires no matter what.
>>
>>53564557

Not when you see them as they really are...
>>
>>53564570
Vampires aren't that horrific.
>>
>>53564557
They prefer dat werewolf dick, though.
>>
>>53564599

Dude, even the Hollow Ones know they're bad news, no matter how attractive they may be.
>>
>>53564615
>delusional wereturd
>>
>>53564633
In both oWoD and nWoD vampires are pathetic little worms, nothing more than dead flesh and potential kindling.

Bad news only for a normie human or a noobie mage.
>>
>>53564615
Only the furries.
Which is again a worryingly disproportionate amount of nerdgirls. But their love of vampires is literally universal, ask anyone you know.
>>
>>53564557
Magesight allows you to see the parasitic creature & not get instantly distracted by the abs & smile
>>
File: 1496360854270.png (82KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496360854270.png
82KB, 300x250px
>>53564454
>>53564355
>>53564557
>>53564633
The real reason Mages don't generally hang with Vampires is because the latter have very little to offer the former except money or political capital.

Vampires are weak, horrifying creatures who live half-existences in the shadow of a mythology you know is only one of many.

Usually very little reason for them to team up.
>>
>>53564667
Can vampires even workout? Their body is supposed to stay frozen in time.
>>
Reminder that a single mage is a bigger terror than a single vampire, hubris being what it is.

It's also canon that vampires are scared to death of true wizards.
>>
>>53564663

Yeah, but there's a lot of them.

There's a story in the Orphan's Survival Guide where a Hollower gets sick of vampires being vampires and kicks their asses to the point that she gets a blood hunt put on her. They brutally murder all her friends and cut off any route of escape, moving in for the kill in undead waves.

She actually does pretty good until Wrinkle shows up and erases everyone.
>>
What if mages are just easily grossed-out? Vampires start at some high minimum level of disturbing edginess and never stop getting edgier the deeper you look.
>>
>>53564736
I've said before that if they wanted Blood Treachery to actually make sense this is how they should have written it.

They made it seem like Mages were on the defensive and being cautious over the oh so powerful vampires when in reality it should have been the god-like Mages being outnumbered ten to one to the parasitic vamps.
>>
>>53564736
So a whole army of leeches tried to take on a single mage. Nice.

I can only imagine how fucked they'd be if it was an actual competent group of mages.
>>
>>53564699
You can still increase your stats...
Just cause you're dead doesn't mean you can skip leg day bro
Crossfit Brujah deadlifting with their deadass is the future of their he Clan.
>>
>>53564788
No abs unless you were already ripped before the embrace, though.
>>
>>53564777
Blood Treachery was horrible and totally biased in favor of Masquerade. So many forum threads started because of it.
>>
>>53564776
>What if mages are just easily grossed-out?
Then they'd better get pretty used to it.
Chasing your Obsessions is going to take you into some pretty dark places.
>>
>>53564777
Don't worry. We vaporised an Antediluvian using Forces 3-4 after nuking Bodhisattvas with Forces 5.

Karma is great sometimes.
>>
>>53564847
>we
Are you larping right now anon?
>>
>>53564736
>Yeah, but there's a lot of them.

That doesn't really mean much to Mages, anon.
>>
>>53564857
He's probably referring to the subconscious collective of magefaggotry.
>>
Magefags really are the worst. I hope mages get nerfed to the ground in the new OWoD.
>>
>>53564879
Truly, magefags are synonymous with the Borg
>>
>>53564867
It kind of does, at least at Arete 3-4 and lower. In my campaign right now the PCs are going up against the Cainites and they pretty much always have to be cautious purely because they're outnumbered ten to one.

Note that 'being cautious' means summoning angels from heaven and attacking head on in an Etherite Submarine after scrying out the abandoned Void Engineer base the vampires have taken up residence in [its a long story] and doing most of the fighting remotely, but the point is they don't just charge in balls first when the vermin have numbers on their side.
>>
>>53564847
to be fair that was like their whole back up contingency used up on one dude. There are 12 more left who are stronger then the nuked dude. Vampires have been planning for much longer thjey just dotn have a plan for gehanna because they dont want to admit that it could happen
>>
Do intersecting splats actually have their native splat's mechanics and power level? I mean Hunter literally only functions because other supernaturals are not using their own rules. A werewolf represented in Hunter doesn't use its powers from Werewolf; it's actually changed to be relative to the current ruleset. How do we know this isn't the case with other crossovers? That same werewolf's abilities could be represented in Mage as some unspecified level of access to Life-arcana-equivalent effects for all we know.
>>
>>53564974
Zapathasura was one of the founders of Fortitude. He still got annihilated.

>to be fair that was like their whole back up contingency used up on one dude
Not at all. It didn't put a dent in their infrastructure. Their off-world assets are enormous.
>>
>>53564943
It sounds like you're going easy on them for storytelling purposes.

A master of Correspondence would make short work of them on his/her own.
>>
>>53565010
In nWoD they explicitly use their own rules.
In oWoD, it varies. Sometimes crossovers assume everyone is acting normal, sometimes they assume the other splat is statted using the normal splat's rules. For instance the "high wizards" in Masquerade are statted out as having Disciplines and blood sorcery, but without the blood.
>>
File: Consensus.jpg (65KB, 959x344px) Image search: [Google]
Consensus.jpg
65KB, 959x344px
>>53564646
>>53564664
>being this wrong
>>
>>53565061
fuck off you mutt
>>
>>53565035
No no my PCs are the Mages. The vampires are who they're fighting, and my party is always really cautious around them.

There is a PC whose powerful enough in Correspondence to effect them from across town he just seldom does so for purposes other then scrying.

This is mainly because most of the party is squishy as hell and so likes to deal with situations by preparing a strategy then taking the magickal path of least resistance.
>>
What kind of effort is it for a mage to generate daylight? Given any tools that might help like a flashlight or something.

A flashlight that castshe daylight would be instant vamp bane

How much Matter/Life fuckery would it take to turn a werewolf's fur or skin into silver?
>>
File: bridge-fail.jpg (40KB, 503x375px) Image search: [Google]
bridge-fail.jpg
40KB, 503x375px
>>53565010
>>53565040
Oh fucking hell
>develop ST system of simplified uniform rules relative to other games
>develop many gamelines that utilize it in analogous ways
>they aren't actually analogous or compatible

>this happened TWICE
3rd version when, this shit needs a do-over
>>
>>53565072
Your mages like total pansies.

This shouldn't be an issue.
Get it done.
>>
File: Husbandos.jpg (97KB, 955x795px) Image search: [Google]
Husbandos.jpg
97KB, 955x795px
>>53565069
Magefags prefer werewolves and mages to other splats. This is fact
>>
>>53565090
By RAW its only Forces 2 Prime 2 to generate sunlight from nothing.

An optional rule allows you to state however its not the UV or any quality of sunlight that effects the vampires, but some mystical quality of the sun itself that, if it can be replicated at all, requires Forces 5.

Personally I see no reason to try and enforce intersplat balance, so I just use the Forces 2 assumption.

As to the second question, I believe it would take only a Life 3 Matter 2 effect to turn a werewolf's skin to silver, however ANOTHER optional rule lets you say that werewolves [as well as vampires with Protean or Vicissitude] can use those powers to unpolymorph themselves.
>>
>>53565090
Want to try something really cruel?

Use Ban on a werewolf and transmute the edges (using particles) into pure silver. Watch as the dog rolls around in a hollow ball of pure agony.
>>
>>53565149
>>
>>53565090
You can create daylight at Forces 5, or use Forces 3 to change the properties of existing light to mimic that of daylight, or Perfect Light to create Luxia, perfected light, which triggers all light-related Banes including a Vampire's.

So Forces 3 and a flashlight can drive off Vampires or send them into a rage.

You need Matter 4, Life 4 to turn some part of a Werewolf's body into Silver.
However it's much easier just to turn all the air around them into silver, trapping them in a bubble/cube of solid silver.
That only requires Matter 4.

What's more, you can add in an advanced scale for just one more reach, and likely trap their entire pack with one spell.
>>
>>53565110
>The Mages are still human enough that overwhelming numbers, especially of a supernatural race, is a threat to them.
>So instead they focus their efforts on indirect methods, summoning Umbroods, scrying out locations before striking, and THEN striking.

I don't see much problem with their tactics other then how long they take getting these plans together.
>>
>>53565174
A Master of Space would just downright Make relevant sympathy and kill the vampires from his man cave.

In five minutes.
>>
>>53564847
You act like the Mages did it singlehandedly. It had JUST woken up. It was fighting three Boddhisatvah Kuei-jin for THREE DAYS STRAIGHT. You had to hit it with FOUR spirit nukes and that was only to clear the cloud cover to use your SPACE MIRRORS to hit it with concentrated sunlight. Plus also a full sept of werewolves and however many regular kuei-jin were fighting it.
>>
File: Oh OK.gif (2MB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
Oh OK.gif
2MB, 588x331px
>>53565018
>offworld assets
>Available after the Avatar Storm
>>
>>53565242
The Technocracy had the final say. The spirit nukes were meant for the Bodhisattvas, not the Antediluvian. And it worked.
The solar mirrors was intended from the very moment they caught notice of India going red.

Horribly written, but it made out the Antediluvians to be less than what was originally perceived, weakened or not.
>>
>>53565203
Running Ascension, and clarified the PCs were Arete 3 [except for 1, who saved up all his XP to become Arete 4].
>>
>>53565273
>what is threat null
>>
>>53565242
Exactly.
No wasted manpower, a few redirected mirrors, and some more modified Nukes we can just get the Void Engineers to build more of, then bill the Syndicate.

In all circumstances, not a bad use of resources.
Plus a lot of reality deviants used their own resources fighting it off.
And that's one less high-grade undead deviant to worry about.
It's not like you can just send the boys down in the lab orders to make more of them.
>>
File: Correspondence 6.png (118KB, 379x235px) Image search: [Google]
Correspondence 6.png
118KB, 379x235px
If an Archmage of Correspondence had showed up Zapathasura would have been done with in under a second.

The Week of Nightmares was shit and everyone went ham for no fucking reason. Antediluvians aren't supposed to be retarded autismos.
>>
>>53565349
>Antediluvians aren't supposed to be retarded autismos

According to WW they are indeed mentally handicapped.
>>
If I wanted to play a good guy mage in M20, who uses technology & wanted to make a lot of magitek gadgets focusing on fighting what would be the best group to be a part of?
>>
>>53565454
The Technocracy
Ah, I jest. But no, really.

Or you know, play an Etherite.
If you have to be a traditionalist.
>>
>>53565524
Aren't they the bad guys?

How do the Etherites view magic?
>>
>>53565638
The Union has turned the world into a mundane 9-5 work day affair but quality of life has never been better for sleepers. Sleepers don't have to fear a dragon kidnapping their virgin daughter or being vaporized because they happen to have breathed in the direction of some Hermetic mage-king.
>>
>>53564330

Spend a blood point, that's it.
>>
File: wod.png (832KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wod.png
832KB, 1200x1200px
>>53564615
So do Mages
>>
>>53565638
From a certain point of view? Yes.
The Technocratic Union wants a stable, regulated world, with understandable basic principles usable by all, and technological advancement.
At least, that's the dream.

However frequently its membership can get caught up in temporal power, heavy handed application of murder-drones to kill cabals with magical chain-guns, and dominating mankind rather than empowering and protecting it.

The Etherites on the other hand are a collection of mad "scientists" who use whatever outdated, crazy theories they like to justify their abilities, like phlogiston and the luminiferous aether.
They can combine a radiator, a toilet-paper roll, glue, 3 paper clips and a piece of twine, and create a ray-gun. Of course, this is Vulgar, but they can still DO it.
Unlike the Technocracy, they open-heartedly accept the consensual nature of reality.
They know Technology (mostly) only works because people believe ti does, so they believe they can have fun.
So they do.

Expect 60s style jetpacks, ray-guns, flying cars, steampunk electric-contraptions and ludicrous amounts of scientifically "disproved" technobabble with an Etherite.
>>
>>53565703
Okay.m that sounds cool
>>
>>53565822
Was that for >>53565809
>>
>>53565970
For all of it
>>
>>53564528
watch out for stupid dice pools when ritual casting
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.